20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 357.
#6101 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... On Rush, the upper flipper goes to the ramp - which can divert & give you more combo possibilities - or the upper loop which comes back to the upper flipper...

It can also go to the dead-end/VUK lane or the time machine. Not that there is a clear line for either from the upper flipper, but I have managed to hit both at different times when I've bricked a shot I was trying to make to the inner loop.

#6102 1 year ago

Thank you for the perspective! Found an LE on route. (lol) Gave it some time and got into it but boy do I want that Lighting Kit for my premium. WHEN LIGHTING KIT, STERN?

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd sell my Tron before Rush, if that means anything. I think it's more flowy than Tron. For example, Tron: the upper flipper either goes to the ramp or the Gem shot, and Gem goes to the pops. On Rush, the upper flipper goes to the ramp - which can divert & give you more combo possibilities - or the upper loop which comes back to the upper flipper. Tron has the spinning disc in the center, which whips back at you...Rush has the Time Machine which usually sucks the ball through & sets up a flow shot from the upper flipper.
If you love the band, just get used to loving a music game. It's worth it.

#6103 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

WHEN LIGHTING KIT, STERN?

There hasn't even been a whisper. Unfortunately it could be months still for the expression lights... I hope I'm wrong. I'm on a few lists.

#6104 1 year ago

I suspect I have a mode board on the way out myself. Yesterday several instances of the ramp being up but the magnet not on. Additionally 20 seconds or so the lower playfield GI lights went dark. I don’t have enough play time with machine yet to know if that’s just a bug or a feature or an actual problem but I’ll be keeping my eye on it from now

#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Additionally 20 seconds or so the lower playfield GI lights went dark. I don’t have enough play time with machine yet to know if that’s just a bug or a feature or an actual problem but I’ll be keeping my eye on it from now

During Fly By Night the GI does go dark, but it's the whole PF, not just the bottom half...

#6106 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

During Fly By Night the GI does go dark, but it's the whole PF, not just the bottom half...

Mmmm. You know what. It was during fly by night. Makes sense. Now for the time machine shot. Guess that’s just part of normal play

#6107 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

I suspect I have a mode board on the way out myself. Yesterday several instances of the ramp being up but the magnet not on. Additionally 20 seconds or so the lower playfield GI lights went dark. I don’t have enough play time with machine yet to know if that’s just a bug or a feature or an actual problem but I’ll be keeping my eye on it from now

Ok I’m not the only one, for me after a few hours of play, my magnet stop working too, but I hope that is normal, I think there is a over heat protection, because after touching the magnet it’s very hot, then after many minutes it cool down and re works.

#6108 1 year ago

FYI, I installed an Orange Rubber kit on my Rush. I've always liked lighter-colored rubber (Most of my machines had white back in the day when all you had were white or black). Here's a few pics. And yes, I reinstalled the metal target guard I found on the playfield after this as well as the return wireform, not shown in pics. It's always something...

Rush 1 (resized).JPGRush 1 (resized).JPGRush 2 (resized).JPGRush 2 (resized).JPGRush 3 (resized).JPGRush 3 (resized).JPG

Rush 5 (resized).JPGRush 5 (resized).JPGRush 6 (resized).JPGRush 6 (resized).JPG

#6109 1 year ago

LEs are starting to sell around 11K from the market - am I missing something? Seriously considering cancelling my premium and going all in for that price

#6110 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

LEs are starting to sell around 11K from the market - am I missing something? Seriously considering cancelling my premium and going all in for that price

I would, I love our le and wouldn't sell it.

#6111 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I would, I love our le and wouldn't sell it.

Agreed. I love my LE. Can't imagine not having it now.

#6112 1 year ago

#6113 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

by the time you get a lighting kit and a shaker...

#6114 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Exactly my thought process - if we even get the expression lights for non-les

#6116 1 year ago

The most gorgeous cab you've ever seen

#6117 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The most gorgeous cab you've ever seen

No doubt - blows the generic premium out of the water.

#6118 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Depends on what you want, money saved can be spent on the protection and upgrades. Buying the LE you’d get a lot, but still have to put additional funds in it. The art is nice no question, is it what you want though?

Talking NIB LE, or one that’s already been played?

#6119 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Depends on what you want, money saved can be spent on the protection and upgrades. Buying the LE you’d get a lot, but still have to put additional funds in it. The art is nice no question, is it what you want though?
Talking NIB LE, or one that’s already been played?

Either is fine, but the NIB I'm looking at is the better deal

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could have taken a while for a sharp edge to chip into the insulation of a wire.

Just finished the board swap and now the game is calling out node 9, so looks like dead board. Thankfully my distributor is on it and already ordered a new one. Thanks for your help.

On a lighter note, boxes just arrived today filled with titan rubbers and mods from the PinMonk store, so I have things to keep me busy while I wait

#6121 1 year ago

Sold my Halloween CE for a Rush LE and never looked back. Part of the reason I went for the LE is the fact that the expression lighting is going to be tough to obtain down the road so I just said F it and went all out. Needed some tweaks just like every other NIB. Awesome band and awesome game!

#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Just finished the board swap and now the game is calling out node 9, so looks like dead board. Thankfully my distributor is on it and already ordered a new one. Thanks for your help.
On a lighter note, boxes just arrived today filled with titan rubbers and mods from the PinMonk store, so I have things to keep me busy while I wait

For anyone out of warranty, Borygard fixes node boards and it should cost less than a new board (and is available, unlike new node boards at times), so check with him for repairs.

#6123 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For anyone out of warranty, Borygard fixes node boards and it should cost less than a new board (and is available, unlike new node boards at times), so check with him for repairs.

Nobody is out of warranty on Rush machines yet.

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Curious how folks have adjusted their orbit guide to avoid SDTM off a full/auto plunge. Never adjusted guides before and don't wanna mess it up, but it's flying through the pops and not catching anything, or occasionally catching a quick edge and bouncing toward the right outlane. Thanks in advance for the help - game is taking a bit to get dialed but making progress.

I'm now trained like Pavlov's Dog to nudge every plunged ball as it comes around into the pops area...

#6125 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sold my Halloween CE for a Rush LE and never looked back. Part of the reason I went for the LE is the fact that the expression lighting is going to be tough to obtain down the road so I just said F it and went all out. Needed some tweaks just like every other NIB. Awesome band and awesome game!

Cmon, admit it, you miss Halloween

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6126 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Really? Mine was made in February. Per their warranty my node boards aren't covered nor anything else in the game except the display. Of course we know Stern's distributors will take care of us, but technically, most of us are out of warranty.

Screenshot_20220512-203729 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220512-203729 (resized).png
#6127 1 year ago

More of a general "node boards can be fixed" reminder than RUSH specific rightnow.

But the first pros out of the gate are past stated warranty...but Stern will probably take care of their issues.

#6128 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm now trained like Pavlov's Dog to nudge every plunged ball as it comes around into the pops area...

Oh for sure, happy to do that as well - mostly just curious if that's the intended design or if I need to make some adjustments.

#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

FYI, I installed an Orange Rubber kit on my Rush. I've always liked lighter-colored rubber (Most of my machines had white back in the day when all you had were white or black). Here's a few pics. And yes, I reinstalled the metal target guard I found on the playfield after this as well as the return wireform, not shown in pics. It's always something...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need a little downward adjustment on the flipper rubber.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 9.34.20 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-12 9.34.20 PM (resized).png
#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

You need a little downward adjustment on the flipper rubber.[quoted image]

Thanks for catching this! I took my pics about 80% through my reassembly, but that one I didn't check.

#6131 1 year ago

Flippers have been feeling pretty mushy lately early on in my sessions. Coil stops already, or is there a chance a 2-hour run the other night somehow damaged the coils longer term?

#6132 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Flippers have been feeling pretty mushy lately early on in my sessions. Coil stops already, or is there a chance a 2-hour run the other night somehow damaged the coils longer term?

Coil stops are a definite possibility. It's VERY EASY to check them, and Stern has a long record of using garbage stops that often fail not long out of the box, so I'd start there. I doubt you've burned up your coils this quickly.

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Really? Mine was made in February. Per their warranty my node boards aren't covered nor anything else in the game except the display. Of course we know Stern's distributors will take care of us, but technically, most of us are out of warranty.[quoted image]

You’ve been around here long enough to know that stern replaces mode boards long after the written warranty period.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Also the HD Glass, real backglass and guitar side armour, better speakers, etc. Reason I went with the LE, $2k price difference easily makes up for these added features.

#6135 1 year ago

You’ve been around here long enough to know that stern replaces mode boards long after the written warranty period.

Only had one node 8 go bad on a GB at month 9. They didn't replace it for free that time.

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

With expression lighting on my new LZ now I definitely want to add this to my Rush. Really hope Stern doesn't let us down. Given they were already made for the LEs there is no reason they couldn't easily make more for everyone else to buy.

#6137 1 year ago

Just jumping into this thread and have a couple questions...Are the node board issues just the Premium/LE model or has the Pro model also had issues? Has Stern fixed everything with scoops/switch on most recent production runs for Pro? How is it playing with blinders vs no blinders for scoop? Factory vs Ninja mod? I love RUSH and the Pro has been on my radar since day one but still on the sidelines wanting all the kinks to be worked out first. Who has my $6000 HUO Pro? (Too early?)

#6138 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just jumping into this thread and have a couple questions...Are the node board issues just the Premium/LE model or has the Pro model also had issues? Has Stern fixed everything with scoops/switch on most recent production runs for Pro? How is it playing with blinders vs no blinders for scoop? Factory vs Ninja mod? I love RUSH and the Pro has been on my radar since day one but still on the sidelines wanting all the kinks to be worked out first. Who has my $6000 HUO Pro? (Too early?)

I have a first run February pro - zero issues other than the scoop. Buy a Ninja protector and you are gold. No need to wait. Great game, best band ever.

#6139 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Great game, best band ever

They really are one of the best bands
-My problem is I have been listening to way too much RUSH station on my Pandora-it's like every time I hear a RUSH song-pinball comes to mind-dammit Jim!

I also have been digging Tom Petty station lately

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Do it. The LE looks awesome, you get better speakers, expression lighting, shaker, invisiglass, inner art blades, guitar rails…at todays Prem prices, no reason not to get LE if it’s about MSRP or less.

Quoted from CUJO:

Why is anyone plunging to the pops? Plunge to the upper flipper and go for the skill
shot.

#6141 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why is anyone plunging to the pops? Plunge to the upper flipper and go for the skill shot.

Hopefully nobody is doing a full plunge. I know for me, the short plunge "rattle" (where it doesn't make it up the lane ramp) to a perfect short plunge to one where it's just too much and rolls around the orbit to the pops is tight. I see now in this code, a bad plunge where it doesn't make it out of the shooter lane, shuts off the skill shot and then the auto plunger kicks the ball all the way around into the pops. I can live with it canceling the skill shot, but wish there was a way to turn off the auto plunge unless you are in multiball. I can usually manually plunge before the auto plunger fires, but not always.

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why is anyone plunging to the pops? Plunge to the upper flipper and go for the skill
shot.

Yeah mostly on auto during MB or an early ball save. Or, if I miss the short plunge a few times (need to make some shooter adjustments I think - mine is rattly) and the skill shot is dead I'll try and get some pop hits started.

#6143 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Oh for sure, happy to do that as well - mostly just curious if that's the intended design or if I need to make some adjustments.

Quoted from schudel5:

Hopefully nobody is doing a full plunge. I know for me, the short plunge "rattle" (where it doesn't make it up the lane ramp) to a perfect short plunge to one where it's just too much and rolls around the orbit to the pops is tight. I see now in this code, a bad plunge where I doesn't make it out of the shooter lane, shuts off the skill shot and then the auto plunger kicks the ball all the way around into the pops. I can live with it canceling the skill shot, but wish there was a way to turn off the auto plunge unless you are in multiball. I can usually manually plunge before the auto plunger fires, but not always.

I meant the auto plunge. That auto plunge is annoying if you skill shot try goes short and falls back on the plunge switch. . I try to time missing it too.

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I'll admit I haven't played on a machine that has the scoop blinders on, but I am seeing no downside to the Ninjacamp protector. It plays great and looks like it will do the job of protecting things.

A word of advice though if someone gets a machine that has Stern's v3 blinder fix and they want to go to something without it, you'll need either some extra washers or proper sized spacers to replace the gap left by not having the bolts pass through the blinder plate. IIRC Stern included shorter spacers in the kit of the v3 scoop protector. @aniraf, @outpostkodelia... maybe a thing you should start offering with the Ninjacamp scoop protector if owners are moving from v3 to your mod? Or are you doing this already and I haven't noticed?

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I'll admit I haven't played on a machine that has the scoop blinders on, but I am seeing no downside to the Ninjacamp protector. It plays great and looks like it will do the job of protecting things.
A word of advice though if someone gets a machine that has Stern's v3 blinder fix and they want to go to something without it, you'll need either some extra washers or proper sized spacers to replace the gap left by not having the bolts pass through the blinder plate. IIRC Stern included shorter spacers in the kit of the v3 scoop protector. Aniraf, OutpostKodelia... maybe a thing you should start offering with the Ninjacamp scoop protector if owners are moving from v3 to your mod? Or are you doing this already and I haven't noticed?

For a while now we've been including extra spacers with every order. That way if someone loses one or if they're moving from the blinders to our protector they're already covered. We started doing that the moment we learned that the blinders subtracted a spacer.

#6146 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

For a while now we've been including extra spacers with every order. That way if someone loses one or if they're moving from the blinders to our protector they're already covered. We started doing that the moment we learned that the blinders subtracted a spacer.

On top of things as usual, I shouldn't have doubted you!

#6147 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

They really are one of the best bands
-My problem is I have been listening to way too much RUSH station on my Pandora-it's like every time I hear a RUSH song-pinball comes to mind-dammit Jim!
I also have been digging Tom Petty station lately

Love Tom Petty also - I'm a huge 80's/90's rock music fan. Sad I had to sell my tickets to his last local show before he passed.

Quoted from Rarehero:

shot.

I have been asking this all along - love skill shots!

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

My order didn't include spacers or washers.

#6149 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My order didn't include spacers or washers.

Unfortunately, your order was processed before we made the change. If you need spacers, we can mail you a set (send PM) or, if you have access to a 3D printer, you can download and print them yourself:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5332649
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5384702

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do it. The LE looks awesome, you get better speakers, expression lighting, shaker, invisiglass, inner art blades, guitar rails…at todays Prem prices, no reason not to get LE if it’s about MSRP or less.

Good advice. Just paid for Rush LE #799 today...will be delivered next week! Will sit right next to KISS

IMG_0664 (resized).jpegIMG_0664 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/123?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.