20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 358.
#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

I’m running the stern V3 so i just slid it under the bumpers and called it done. I have a Ninja but decided to play this as is first. I did have some issues with the section behind the instrument knock downs so I cut that little finger off. Also I’ve had the ball trapped in the trough where the instrument knockdowns go. I have not leveled the machine yet so i suspect that may address it

I have had the ball stuck behind the instrument targets 3 or 4 times as the targets pop up before the ball has time to get out.Usually it rolls right out.

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I purchased the Pinwoofer KO speaker kit to install in my Rush premium...
I've decided to purchase the speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. I think the lit speakers look cool. I also plan on ordering the 5.25 speaker cut-out plates. My goal is to make my premium look more like the LE machine.
A question that I have...I really like the reflective silver face on the Kenwood KFC-1366S speakers that Stern uses in the LE pins. Do you think these will sound good w/ Pinwoofer kit? Has anyone tried this? The Kenwoods are rated at 4 ohm just like the Pyle speakers that are in Pinwoofer kit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pyles sound 10x better

#6003 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Can someone confirm that the stock subwoofer speaker grill is plastic and no longer metal on the newer Sterns?
I want to replace mine with either a metal grill so it'll quit vibrating on volumes >21.
Does a replacement subwoofer kit include a new metal grill?
Would this be the right one to buy for a stock Rush Pro? I think I need a 7" X 7" metal, not the 4" I just listed, but I can't find one.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8081-01
Think I found them:
https://www.absolutepinball.com/shop/speaker-grill-cover-perforated-steel-7-x-7-under-cabinet-data-east-bally-williams-stern-sega/

I put thick rubber washers between my sub and grill to stop the vibration. You can also just remove the grill if you don't feel like buying anything.

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Could you tell me how you set it up in the settings i can’t seem to get mine working

Do you have the Q24 option set to knocker? It's under the Adj->SPI->#60 in rev 0.93 code.

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from cataylox:Do you have the Q24 option set to knocker? It's under the Adj->SPI->#60 in rev 0.93 code.

No i dont thanks bro im on it

#6006 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Did you manage to clarify if he has the ferrite on his LE, could be the clincher ?

I’m going over to install the new board tomorrow night, hopefully. I’ll update the code at the same time. Will report back…

#6007 1 year ago
86F1058E-632B-41D9-8811-275D10C5B049 (resized).jpeg86F1058E-632B-41D9-8811-275D10C5B049 (resized).jpegE9ED5300-D513-45E7-92F8-5FEEDCB26DE1 (resized).jpegE9ED5300-D513-45E7-92F8-5FEEDCB26DE1 (resized).jpeg
#6008 1 year ago

Hit a major brick wall on this game tonight. Played till the flippers were soggy, probably a good 90 minutes, and I don't think I ever cracked 100 million.

I keep telling myself I need a day off from Rush, then I come right back. But I'm thinking a breather might be in order.

#6009 1 year ago

These flippers were as soggy as the Allentown weather last weekend! As usual, recent demo games constantly mobbed throughout. I spent way more time with the many rare old birds in the free play area.

Definitely try to catch Stern's Mike V if you cross paths. He was absolutely as others described in this thread, a real pleasure to talk to and very grateful to receive appreciation from randos on show floors.

Tim and Ray were playing the Circuit event but I knew better than to try to breach that perimeter for such foolishness as an attaboy - Levi probably would have Kanedafied me right on out of there, LOL. Hope to catch up with all three at OBX in the fall.

20220507_120058.jpg20220507_120058.jpg
#6010 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hit a major brick wall on this game tonight. Played till the flippers were soggy, probably a good 90 minutes, and I don't think I ever cracked 100 million.
I keep telling myself I need a day off from Rush, then I come right back. But I'm thinking a breather might be in order.

Days off help for sure. I find playing other machines helps also.

I have gotten worse at Rush lately, not better. Frustrating for sure!

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

These flippers were as soggy as the Allentown weather last weekend! As usual, recent demo games constantly mobbed throughout. I spent way more time with the many rare old birds in the free play area.
Definitely try to catch Stern's Mike V if you cross paths. He was absolutely as others described in this thread, a real pleasure to talk to and very grateful to receive appreciation from randos on show floors.
Tim and Ray were playing the Circuit event but I knew better than to try to breach that perimeter for such foolishness as an attaboy - Levi probably would have Kanedafied me right on out of there, LOL. Hope to catch up with all three at OBX in the fall.
[quoted image]

Sounds like a good time! Those Rush machines lined up look great.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Improving at pinball takes a lot of effort. Would recommend watching video of top players performing skill moves. Also, try using artwork near the flippers to dial in your accuracy. For example, the right ramp on Rush becomes much easier when you know exactly when to flip based on the artwork (the right edge of the Tom Sawyer circle).

#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

[quoted image]

Any ever notice or comment on Geddy's bass before now?
In this pic, one of the cabinet's artwork show his bass with three tuning screws and 4 tuning nuts with 6 strings while the next cabinet shows four tuning screws, 4 tuning nuts and 4 strings (accurate). Was this changeup on artwork on purpose?
My Rush Pro built in Jan 2022 bass has 6 strings, 4 tuning nuts and 3 hand screws. LOL

I noticed this the first day I looked at the artwork at my Stern dealer store and was like WOW, did they ever screw that up! But maybe it was intentional?

Only the artist would know...or does anyone on here know why it was done this way?

#6013 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

In this pic, one of the cabinet's artwork show his bass with three tuning screws and 4 tuning nuts with 6 strings while the next cabinet shows four tuning screws, 4 tuning nuts and 4 strings (accurate). Was this changeup on artwork on purpose?
My Rush Pro built in Jan 2022 bass has 6 strings, 4 tuning nuts and 3 hand screws. LOL
I noticed this the first day I looked at the artwork at my Stern dealer store and was like WOW, did they ever screw that up! But maybe it was intentional?
Only he artist would know...or does anyone on here know why it was done this way?

They screwed it up. The artist was notified (possibly on this thread) and it was corrected on later runs. I think it occurred on the Pro backglass and cabinet art

#6014 1 year ago

Can't wait for the "3 knob cabinets" to become "collectors items"

#6015 1 year ago

Great advice. My scores on other machines improve a ton after playing The Beatles for a few hours. It has simple rules and a few great shots along with nasty outlanes to hone in your skills.

Quoted from kool1:

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Great advice. My scores on other machines improve a ton after playing The Beatles for a few hours. It has simple rules and a few great shots along with nasty outlanes to hone in your skills.

Yes! Absolutely this. I noticed the same thing. I would play Beatles exclusively for hours and sometimes only play it for a few days in a row. When I switch back to other machines I do better. Coincidence, maybe? Interesting to know someone else has had a similar experience.

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Can't wait for the "3 knob cabinets" to become "collectors items"

I wonder how many were made like that before it was corrected?

At first I was thinking, I'd never buy this game if they can't even get the bass drawn correctly.
Now I'm kind of happy I got the rare art one (possibly)...like finding a two headed Lincoln penny...

#6018 1 year ago

Just installed the Pinwoofer system wow what a Difference I highly recommend it for your Rush Pin. Dan was a great help I had a issue and he called me and walked me through the fix. Excellent Customer Service. Everyone I have bought Mods from have been great.

Thanks.

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Improving at pinball takes a lot of effort. Would recommend watching video of top players performing skill moves. Also, try using artwork near the flippers to dial in your accuracy. For example, the right ramp on Rush becomes much easier when you know exactly when to flip based on the artwork (the right edge of the Tom Sawyer circle).

I should watch more views - will do!

Right ramp is not bad. Right orbit kills me.

#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I should watch more views - will do!
Right ramp is not bad. Right orbit kills me.

Playing in tournaments is another great way to improve. Maple pinball is pretty close to you and they host a lot of tournies. Their games play really well, plus they have a Rush LE.

#6021 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Playing in tournaments is another great way to improve. Maple pinball is pretty close to you and they host a lot of tournies. Their games play really well, plus they have a Rush LE.

I know where they are - Still too intimidated to go lol. It's ok, it's my summer project to play a lot of Rush.

#6022 1 year ago

The eagle... er.... umm... owl has landed!!

20220510_115424 (resized).jpg20220510_115424 (resized).jpg
#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

The eagle... er.... umm... owl has landed!!
[quoted image]

It's amazing seeing some of these boxes arrive in prestige condition. My box was the same size as the skid. None of the straps were on the box. The box had lots of crushed areas. Thankfully, the machine was OK.

#6024 1 year ago

It just takes one idiot to ruin the day lol. Glad It survived the damage!

#6025 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t think the ferrite actually helps with node 10 board failures. It just filters out high frequency noise, which might help make the switches more accurate. Based on this thread, node 10 failures actually seem pretty rare. Hopefully we can figure out why my buddy’s LE is going through them.

I have just had Node 10 fail on my premium. Middle of a game noticed the ramp was not going up. Shut the game off and noticed similar issue others have reported. Reached out to stern for help. Not sure what the cause is, this is essentially a bone stock game and is a newer build from 4/26. It does not have the ferrite from the factory, instead there is some sort of expansion board plugged into CN5.

072EB079-D758-489A-95B8-8335BECA1057 (resized).jpeg072EB079-D758-489A-95B8-8335BECA1057 (resized).jpeg
#6026 1 year ago

Hey all. I received my Premium 4 days ago! Woohoo! I've gotten about 15 or 20 games in and was loving it...until yesterday when I booted up the game and was greeted with a Node 8 Missing error. If I go into the diagnostics menu, it says it's not responding. All the other nodes say no error. I've checked that everything is plugged in (it seems to be, to my newbie eyes), and I've reseated all the connections on 8 board with the exception of the larger power connector. I haven't yet swapped the 8 board with the 9 board, as I wanted to try all the "easy" stuff first. Does anyone have any ideas of easy things to check?

#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

I have just had Node 10 fail on my premium. Middle of a game noticed the ramp was not going up. Shut the game off and noticed similar issue others have reported. Reached out to stern for help. Not sure what the cause is, this is essentially a bone stock game and is a newer build from 4/26. It does not have the ferrite from the factory, instead there is some sort of expansion board plugged into CN5.[quoted image]

I’m sorry hear that, as I can read It’s not a urban legend about nod 10 who stop functioning.

#6028 1 year ago

Sorry as well. But with my Pro on the way, I don't need to worry about this one thing.

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

I’m sorry hear that, as I can read It’s not a urban legend about nod 10 who stop functioning.

Haha yeah, wish it was an urban legend. Frustrating for sure given what they are charging for a game now. Will just have to be patient and see what stern says.

#6030 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Haha yeah, wish it was an urban legend. Frustrating for sure given what they are charging for a game now. Will just have to be patient and see what stern says.

for sure you must be patient with stern, my seller still waiting for his node for one month now. Considering their latest flooding issues, it's not going to fix the extra delays

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Hey all. I received my Premium 4 days ago! Woohoo! I've gotten about 15 or 20 games in and was loving it...until yesterday when I booted up the game and was greeted with a Node 8 Missing error. If I go into the diagnostics menu, it says it's not responding. All the other nodes say no error. I've checked that everything is plugged in (it seems to be, to my newbie eyes), and I've reseated all the connections on 8 board with the exception of the larger power connector. I haven't yet swapped the 8 board with the 9 board, as I wanted to try all the "easy" stuff first. Does anyone have any ideas of easy things to check?

First of all verify all the power status led, it would be the first clue if your node are powered or not.

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

for sure you must be patient with stern, my seller still waiting for his node for one month now. Considering their latest flooding issues, it's not going to fix the extra delays

You could try PM'ing Borygard about your broken node10 and see if he thinks he can fix it. If he can, maybe it will come back before stern's replacement.

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

First of all verify all the power status led, it would be the first clue if your node are powered or not.

All 3 LEDs on the board light up just like on node 9. The yellow status one even blinks rapidly when I do the node test, just like 9, but it still says no response.

#6034 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

All 3 LEDs on the board light up just like on node 9. The yellow status one even blinks rapidly when I do the node test, just like 9, but it still says no response.

Does the TMC5041 chip at U1 (right next to ghe CN3 connector) have a burned pin on one side?

#6035 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the TMC5041 chip at U1 (right next to ghe CN3 connector) have a burned pin on one side?

Here's a shot of U1...I don't see anything burned.

PXL_20220511_032733776 (resized).jpgPXL_20220511_032733776 (resized).jpg
#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Here's a shot of U1...I don't see anything burned. [quoted image]

Yeah, it was over on the other side of the chip by C1 on the one that took out the CPU board with it, but I don't see any burned leads coming away, so it's probably a different kind of failure then. No other chips or leads look discolored or burned?

#6037 1 year ago

Only the artist would know...or does anyone on here know why it was done this way?</blockquote

I hadn't noticed it before, but now I will never unsee it.

IMG_20220510_214940046_HDR.jpgIMG_20220510_214940046_HDR.jpg
#6038 1 year ago

And now I will never unsee it. Weird thing is only one side is like that, the other side is normal
IMG_20220510_214940046_HDR.jpgIMG_20220510_214940046_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220510_215857220_HDR.jpgIMG_20220510_215857220_HDR.jpg
#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

And now I will never unsee it. Weird thing is only one side is like that, the other side is normal
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

weird mine is not like that when was yours built? mine 4-20-22 both sides are the same

image01 (resized).jpegimage01 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Welcome super rare Rush Pro owner. My pin left side is against a wall so I had to look after your post.
Yep, the left side of the cabinet art has the 4 string bass with the 4 tuning knobs and the left side has the 6 string bass with the 3 tuning knobs.
Welcome to the Rush Pro super rare collector edition!
Stern, you've outdone yourselves this time!!!

Does it bother you? I find it hilarious that Stern probably knew this and did it anyway. I could care less. I sort of like it like that now....Rare (I hope).

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could try PM'ing Borygard about your broken node10 and see if he thinks he can fix it. If he can, maybe it will come back before stern's replacement.

Thanks, it’s good to know

#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

The top flipper can't make a shot to the bottom scoop - at the very tip of the flipper, it hits the top scoop. So I don't think this is much of a problem at all.

No. But it can make a shot into the side of the protector that smashes it pretty good. Mine has some nice rash on it after 200 plays.

#6043 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Ok, if it’s blinks, is that the node communicate with others, so It’s not a prob with the rj45 cable, try to maneuver the on/off switch’s from the DIP, just one return of each, sometimes with the vibration, it’s rare, but they may have changed there positions, it’s not visible but it can happen. After that if it’s not working, there is a issue with one or more components of your node sorry.

#6044 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:No. But it can make a shot into the side of the protector that smashes it pretty good. Mine has some nice rash on it after 200 plays.

I'd bet you still have the old flimsy one installed.

#6045 1 year ago

My Ninja scoop protector broke. It must have been flexing every time the scoop activated and it came apart right next to the where the scoop goes down below the table - on the right side of the down scoop.

Argh!!!

What is the verdict is there any a scoop protector for Rush that actually last more than a few weeks?

1) The Stern Official mod?
2) Ninja protector (is there a Ninja scoop fix?)
3) Cliffy’s Rush scoop protector

What is the consensus so far (apart from this scoop is becoming a time wasting repair so far needing repair consistently every 3 weeks!)

My playing surface is damaged to the right of the down scoop and I am out so far time and money on what should be unnecessary maintenance and extra parts

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

weird mine is not like that when was yours built? mine 4-20-22 both sides are the same[quoted image][quoted image]

My build date is Jan 14, 2022

There is very little that bothers me with this pin. Overall, I think it's super fun, challenging, and the soundtrack is amazing. Yes, there are some issues with the game, but nothing I would consider a deal breaker.

My scoop is one that chipped and I used markers to color it in and then put mylar over it. It has some wear but it isn't anything that keeps me up at night. Since the application of the mylar, it seems to have stopped chipping. Considering most of my games are from the 80s and 90s, a little wear around the scoop is nothing.

I should be getting the newest version of scoop protection from Stern later this week. Depending on what they send me, I might not even install it.

#6047 1 year ago

the art file for the right side of the cabinet was incorrect (the wrong layers selected in the original file) when stern made the initial run of pro machines back in january. the error wasn't caught until machines were shipped. I believe that stern offers a replacement decal for that side of the cabinet for pro owners.

#6048 1 year ago

Question: how does this compare to other flowy Borg designs, particularly Tron? I am looking for a modern flowy table and next in line at my disti for Rush. Wondering if I should back out and just go overpay for a Tron.

Love the band but I don’t love music machines as I like to listen to records (including rush) while working / playing in the space.

#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:Question: how does this compare to out her float Borg designs, particularly Tron? I am looking for a modern flowy table and next in line at my disti for Rush. Wondering if I should back out and just go overpay for a Tron.
Love the band but I don’t love music machines as I like to listen to records (including rush) while working / playing in the space.

Purely subjective - you need to go find a tron and play it

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My Ninja scoop protector broke. It must have been flexing every time the scoop activated and it came apart right next to the where the scoop goes down below the table - on the right side of the down scoop.

This has happened on a few machines. Though we're not 100% sure why this happens on a few while it works fine on the rest, we adjusted the design to address this... this is what the newer version was designed to prevent. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we're happy to replace yours with the new version at no cost. PM sent!

If anyone else has this issue, please message us and we'll take care of you as well. Because this has happened so rarely, we're not actively replacing working protectors, but if yours fails, we'll make it right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/121?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.