20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 358.
#5851 1 year ago

I don't know if this had been asked before....

Can someone provide the Stern box dimensions?

#5852 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Same as pretty much all Spike games.

Screenshot_20220505-162910 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220505-162910 (resized).png
#5853 1 year ago

Does the box have a bottom? Can the box be removed from the pallet and trucked into the house with a dolly?

#5854 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Does the box have a bottom? Can the box be removed from the pallet and trucked into the house with a dolly?

Yepper.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It's delivered like this

87ADFDDA-2073-4EB1-87E5-96AFD560CD6C (resized).jpeg87ADFDDA-2073-4EB1-87E5-96AFD560CD6C (resized).jpeg

#5856 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The last week or two have seen some of my lowest scores ever. I brick a lot lately, maybe I'm just tired from work.
Had a couple of good games 2 weekends ago, I feel like I am very inconsistent with this game. I got to get better!

Glad it isn't just me. I had a game the other day where I didn't even get to hit the ball with the lower flippers...even with the ball save going.

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yeah that's the toughest one for sure. Each shot is 10 minutes. So 6 shots for 1 hour and 8 hours to go through. That's 48 completed shots that are lit! I've only gotten through Working Man once. I think that's a bit excessive for a mode compared to say Spirit of Radio that's only 5 shots and super easy with the VUK wireform feeding the right flipper. They need to knock WM down to something more reasonable.

I just beat Working Man today for the first time (first mode I’ve beaten at all) and I’d strongly disagree. Most timed modes in music games are relatively short and I hate how they interrupt you out of the main song you’ve chosen for just a minute or two for a mode.

WM is a marathon of a mode, almost feels like a wizard mode to complete (if you couldn’t bring multiballs into it..it would be). I brought Subdivisions and Far Cry MBs into WM mode to beat it.

Rush is a kick ass game. I know I’m in the honeymoon stage right now, but I can see myself holding onto this one for a long time. So much to do!

#5858 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I just beat Working Man today for the first time (first mode I’ve beaten at all) and I’d strongly disagree.

Not sure I understand what you are saying here. You've never beaten Spirit of Radio, Big Money or Limelight but you beat Working Man? Wow!

I know if you don't complete a mode, but get back into it again on a subsequent ball you continue where you left off. I have all my Multiballs set to very hard. I don't like getting multiballs every 30 seconds. It makes playing the modes even harder because you don't have the multiballs to help you out.

#5859 1 year ago

The more I play this the more I realize Pin Monk's colored insert mod is kinda imperative for me. Have his same mod on Maiden nd it's glorious, not sure why I took so long on this one. Spring is just busy I reckon...haven't had much time with her lately that ENDS TONIGHT

#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Got the call that my RUSH Prem is in for pick-up, but that it was shipped/delivered without the expression lighting I had specified.
Unsure what to do, but will chat this thru before I head off to Portland for pick-up

Did you get yours from next level?? Don’t think the expression lights are available yet for the Pro/Premium. I pick up mine tomorrow I want there today played Rush LE for the first time loved it. Didn’t see Jordan guess I’ll see him tomorrow.

#5861 1 year ago

Still working on getting over Covid that I asked my son not to bring home, but all is well in the world as he still isn't listening to me.

Anyway, with the little energy I had today I finished putting together the R40 retro kit. Still not ready to Crack the funko pop rush box, so Doctor Who found himself behind the kit to size the funko up.

From back to front the kit is 12" (and 14" side to side) which will require building a platform as the backbox is 8". This will be one cool topper...

20220505_090525 (resized).jpg20220505_090525 (resized).jpg
#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Green means MB ready ,Red means Mode is ready and yellow means collect combo jackpot .

Is the green light supposed to be lit at the start of a game? Mine is. What do you hit to start mb? I hit the time machine but nothing happens except ball being released.

#5863 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Hey man if you need any help with this just Lemmy know.

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The more I play this the more I realize Pin Monk's colored insert mod is kinda imperative for me.

Yeah that’s a Must Have IMHO.

#5865 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is the green light supposed to be lit at the start of a game?

Yes. Solid green - “hit this to light lock”. Flashing green = “Lock ready”. Stern is pretty consistent about that across all their games. It takes a certain # of TM hits to get it flashing.

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The more I play this the more I realize Pin Monk's colored insert mod is kinda imperative for me.

Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah that’s a Must Have IMHO.

Damn - I held off - now ordered.
Now what else do I need.

#5867 1 year ago

Ffs just tryin to light 2albums before I start a mode tonight and draining every 6th shot fuckk
Off the plunge down the left orbit seems to gimme a lot of sdtm shots. Should I lightly tweak that lane guide at the end?

#5868 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey man if you need any help with this just Lemmy know.

According to FedEx, I have the highest level of delivery. They're supposed to deliver inside my house and haul away all of the packing.

We'll see how that goes.

#5869 1 year ago

Joined the club today with a Premium. It's a recent build and already has the new scoop protectors. Speaker LEDs, playfield spotlights, game blades, blue under cabinet lighting, and skaker motor will be installed tomorrow.

20220505_143049 (resized).jpg20220505_143049 (resized).jpg20220505_143107 (resized).jpg20220505_143107 (resized).jpg20220505_145152 (resized).jpg20220505_145152 (resized).jpg20220505_161734 (resized).jpg20220505_161734 (resized).jpg20220505_161756 (resized).jpg20220505_161756 (resized).jpg20220505_175343 (resized).jpg20220505_175343 (resized).jpg
#5870 1 year ago

I know this has been asked but what pitch is everyone using I played a LE today and the level was off but it played fast.
08028985-905C-4525-8E47-5707B88C8790 (resized).jpeg08028985-905C-4525-8E47-5707B88C8790 (resized).jpeg

#5871 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

I know this has been asked but what pitch is everyone using I played a LE today and the level was off but it played fast.
[quoted image]

I'm at 6.8, feels perfect to me, but its the only one I've played tell Jordan Mark Said hi tmrw

#5872 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm at 6.8, feels perfect to me, but its the only one I've played tell Jordan Mark Said hi tmrw

Will do

#5873 1 year ago

I'm at 7.2 right now but probably need to come down a bit lower. Left orbit is screaming SDTM and I'm getting just an unsustainable number of rejects from the gate behind the spinner. Hoping pitch will help.

#5874 1 year ago

2 questions:

Is there a good off the shelf speaker upgrade for the backbox speakers? Pyle or Kenwood maybe?

Does anyone (other than Stern) make a topper for this game?

Thanks!

#5875 1 year ago

Well this was disappointing, thanks FedEx!
Refused shipment, wait continues.

82520272-F427-4FB9-BA33-EA868370F8EB (resized).jpeg82520272-F427-4FB9-BA33-EA868370F8EB (resized).jpegFE84EC2F-9F2A-4548-AC94-2F28DBD65E9E (resized).jpegFE84EC2F-9F2A-4548-AC94-2F28DBD65E9E (resized).jpeg
#5877 1 year ago

Wow. That's terrible! I picked up our Pro today from Fedex Freight. Came in perfect, no issues...

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve had 3 NIB shipped to me and Rush was the only one i didn’t have to refuse due to damage. I feel your frustration. On the bright side, assuming you go this route, Stern repair team will give it a thorough test before shipping it back, so at least you’ll know it’s good to go.

#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhhh that looks like it went for a tumble.

What a disaster!

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Ohhhhh that looks like it went for a tumble.
What a disaster!

Why would they still attempt to deliver it ? Any reasonable carrier would contact the company and the client and return it back to the manufacturer.

All this does is embarrass both parties and create friction.

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Why would they still attempt to deliver it ? Any reasonable carrier would contact the company and the client and return it back to the manufacturer.

This is common now. The most insulting thing is the carrier will still try to deliver a item marked “high value as if the client won’t notice the box all destroyed or something.

#5882 1 year ago

An example outside of pinball as to why a damaged package would be delivered -

In the case of some server equipment that I order for my employer, it is easier to have it repaired on site than it is to turn the equipment around and have it sent back to the manufacturer. This isn't just an on-site policy - this is recommendation of our vendor. Lead times are so terrible that it's better for us to accept a damaged item and have it repaired than to send it back, likely to another country, for refurbishment and return shipping.

The shipper doesn't know our pallet of expensive equipment from a pallet of e-waste, and it's simply not their call to make as to whether or not to deliver. They were contracted to take something from A to B - yes they should have done it safely, but they aren't qualified to decide when something should be sent back. That is absolutely for the recipient to decide. I've gotten some pallets of equipment that look like they were hit by a truck, but the core contents were fine. Accessories worth 1% of the "main" piece were damaged. Why would I let the shipper make the call to send that back when I could call my manufacturer and say "hey the accessory pack on that new frame you sent was crushed - can you send me a new one?". That's infinitely easier to deal with without refusing the shipment for both myself and the vendor.

Another reason:

Allowing the damaged goods to be attempted to be delivered also is a means of avoiding fraud accusations. Can you imagine the uproar if someone's RUSH or Godzilla was en route, then mysteriously sent back due to "damage"? People would lose their minds and claim all sorts of malfeasance since they didn't SEE the damage.

"Oh someone just wanted to steal my machine!"
"Stern just wanted to sell it to someone else!"
"My distro is an asshat and got a better offer!"

At least when you see the machine arrive at your door step or the depot trashed, you can SEE that it was damaged and you can SEE that it WAS coming to you. After all - seeing is believing!

Damaged goods absolutely make the shipper look like crap. Conversely, I don't want someone with absolutely zero knowledge of the item they're carrying making decisions for me. You know you'd have the "malicious compliance" types out there turning half of our boxes back around to Stern because of a superficial scratch on the outside of the box if they had that sort of power!!

Obviously the examples we've seen of heavily damaged cabinets are extreme cases that any moron can see isn't right. But again - that's for me, the guy dumb enough to drop many thousands of dollars on a toy, to decide.

#5883 1 year ago

Finally. This is the game that got me back into pinball (a decision, not coincidently, that drained my discretionary funds down to nothing as well). I can't tell you how many games I restored/traded back about 15-20 years ago. I'd be a rich man if I had the space to save those, but what are you going to do? The only game I kept is a LotR (bought new, currently at my brother's place).

I've lost count how many times I've seen Rush in concert (starting in the 70s). Easily over 50, probably close to 70. This game is deep. Going to take a long time to learn the rules. Any fellow Pinsider in Albuquerque is welcome to drop by for a few games.
IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1414 (resized).JPGIMG_1414 (resized).JPGIMG_1418 (resized).JPGIMG_1418 (resized).JPG

#5884 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

FedEx has dumb policies. A few weeks back I had a NIB pin show up with a fork through the cabinet. The driver arrived and told me it was damaged and he already filled out the refusal paperwork on his side because he knew any sane customer would refuse it. He said FedEx makes him attempt to deliver so I the customer can see it and refuse it in person. We both agreed this is dumb and a waste of time and fuel. Ultimately he was just doing what FedEx policy mandated.

#5885 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses, the ridiculousness of the scenario is too unbelievable to be true.

Perhaps someone should question FedEx's carbon footprint policies and show them this thread.

I still refuse to believe that photographs and e-mail to both parties would have been a much more amicable solution and saved reputations all round.

#5886 1 year ago

working in logistics for a number of years, I get both sides of the arguments. what is baffling is that given this day and age of technology, why the companies aren't adopting the technologies available to them to communication with their customers (in addition to speeding up the process by not transporting goods that are ultimately going to be returned to the shipper for refund or replacement).

as others have noted, no one in their right mind would accept goods in these conditions but yet the companies continue to limp through policies that are antiquated and out of date just because. I can't fathom to imagine how much time and money is spent/lost each year from what we would consider lack a common sense events. I get that mistakes happen, but the fact that companies are still going through the motions [after] the incidents occur is just dumbfounding.

#5887 1 year ago

rush to be delivered soon . wife gave two options . 1 move out . 2 sell godzilla . i chose 1 at first but later chose 2 . i guess i am destined to have a 2 machine lineup !

#5888 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Finally. This is the game that got me back into pinball (a decision, not coincidently, that drained my discretionary funds down to nothing as well). I can't tell you how many games I restored/traded back about 15-20 years ago. I'd be a rich man if I had the space to save those, but what are you going to do? The only game I kept is a LotR (bought new, currently at my brother's place).
I've lost count how many times I've seen Rush in concert (starting in the 70s). Easily over 50, probably close to 70. This game is deep. Going to take a long time to learn the rules. Any fellow Pinsider in Albuquerque is welcome to drop by for a few games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome - congrats! 50+ shows - Wow!

My love for this machine goes very deep because of the theme also. Looks great!

Quoted from barroncaliber:

rush to be delivered soon . wife gave two options . 1 move out . 2 sell godzilla . i chose 1 at first but later chose 2 . i guess i am destined to have a 2 machine lineup !

Just price it super high so it never sells!

#5889 1 year ago

My Rush premium just arrived...

I found this lying in the bottom of the box.

Does anyone know where it goes?

DSC_6427 (resized).JPGDSC_6427 (resized).JPG
#5890 1 year ago

I think it may be part of the coin mechanisms on the coin door.

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I think it may be part of the coin mechanisms on the coin door.

You're absolutely right.

Thank you !!!

#5892 1 year ago

My Rush premium is up and running...

Holy Cow !!!

This machine plays FAST.....

DSC_6426 (resized).JPGDSC_6426 (resized).JPGDSC_6430 (resized).JPGDSC_6430 (resized).JPG
#5893 1 year ago

I should post a picture, but the build date on my Rush Pro is April 20.

What do you think, that ups the value 10-20%

Haha

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I should post a picture, but the build date on my Rush Pro is April 20.

What do you think, that ups the value 10-20%
Haha

or lowers it depending on how high the employees were when your machine was built only time will tell

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

or lowers it depending on how high the employees were when your machine was built only time will tell

Only if it says it was built in the year 2112! ..and then, you know they were high.

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

...and it's a shock to hear from your high performance car dealership " you didn't expect your car to be reliable, did you?" But, that is what they say...

Difference being there is a parts and labor warranty and a thing call the lemon law.

Quoted from schudel5:

And negative attenuation numbers make them louder...

Is there a general consensus for recommended settings?

#5897 1 year ago

Picked up my Rush Pro today. Thanks Jordan from NL. Now a long 12 drive home.

#5898 1 year ago

Yep, the utterly rare and exclusive Rush Pro Stoner edition. Note, the rare and highly collectable stoner date format. You can't even order extra commas. That's an exclusive to the Stoner edition. As I'm super-generous, I'll trade straight across for your Rush LE.
IMG_1430 (resized).JPGIMG_1430 (resized).JPG

#5899 1 year ago

I just had my first ever 500 million plus game, completed my first ever mode (don't even know which one), and I'm EXHAUSTED. Holy crap, that was a lot of work!

Anyway, maybe my settings will never let me get one of those games in the billions, but I'm pretty pumped after that one anyway.

Such a great pin.

#5900 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Is there a general consensus for recommended settings?

Start a game, go to settings, adjust and repeat until you like what you hear. I have a subwoofer so wanted to hear more music but had it adjusted too far and couldn't hear the callouts. I'm not sure what settings mine are but speech is factory, but music has been adjusted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.