20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 358.
#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Question for LE owners:
Does your game take a loonngggg time to boot all the way up? Mine is Like a 1970's TV set that takes a while to warm up.
It's running the latest .93 code.
I just timed it and 28 seconds of black display before any signs of life on it.
57 seconds for the game to come all the way up.
I tried a friend's premium and it seemed much quicker to boot all the way up. Like 2x quicker.

Could be the card or the image? Mine boots up like any other. 10 seconds of black screen and 25 or so seconds afterwards to be mostly ready

#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Can anyone clarify for me if the gate at the spinner loop is coded to sometimes be closed or reject? I definitely get quite a few rejects off that shot, but they will still get the spinner moving and register a switch hit. I often use that route to set up a shot to the upper ramp or loop, so it's mildly frustrating when it clangs off. Just curious if it's intentional or if I need to explore a fix. Thanks!

Happening to me as well. I have to do some maintenance this weekend on the machine so need to check if anything is bent. Wasn't like this at first, shots would just flow through.

#5803 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Question for LE owners:
Does your game take a loonngggg time to boot all the way up? Mine is Like a 1970's TV set that takes a while to warm up.
It's running the latest .93 code.
I just timed it and 28 seconds of black display before any signs of life on it.
57 seconds for the game to come all the way up.
I tried a friend's premium and it seemed much quicker to boot all the way up. Like 2x quicker.

Mine does. I haven't timed it but around a minute sounds right. When I first got it I actually thought it was broken as it took so long for anything to display or even act like it was on. I typically keep it on but if I'm not going to play for an extended period (which is rare) I turn it off and just know that it's going to take a minute or so before I can start playing.

#5804 1 year ago

My cheap owl, I think the owl is white, blue appearing from moonlight, so I compromised. Painted white, with a blue led strip above. He's 4" wide, not 2.6 as in pic. And I know he started life as a horned owl, but looks close enough to me
Screenshot_20220503-101148_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220503-101148_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg20220502_185427 (resized).jpg20220502_185427 (resized).jpg20220503_123313 (resized).jpg20220503_123313 (resized).jpg20220503_123322 (resized).jpg20220503_123322 (resized).jpg20220503_123333 (resized).jpg20220503_123333 (resized).jpg20220503_123308 (resized).jpg20220503_123308 (resized).jpg

#5805 1 year ago

That looks great!

#5806 1 year ago

My Rush Pro comes in tomorrow. This game got me back into pinball. I had dozens of machines I bought/restored back in the 90s/early 2000s. Sold them off around 2010 as I moved and had no place to store or use them. Anyway, as much as I love pinball, Rush has been my band since the mid-70s. Seen them in concert dozens of times, including their 3rd to last concert in Vegas in 2015. Rush + Pinball is my dream combo, so of course, I’m back in the hobby now.

Anyway, while I doubt this will ever be acted upon, I wanted to add a few songs I’d love to see in a future firmware release. I’ve seen other similar lists in this thread, so perhaps Stern is taking notes. I realize there’s no way even a small number of these would make it. I’d be thrilled to have *any* on this list, honestly.

Additional songs:

Natural Science (pretty please!)
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Necromancer (yeah, I know, never going to happen….)
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Time Stand Still (bonus trivia: this is the only Rush song with a guest singer. Can you name him/her?)
Red Sector A

#5807 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My cheap owl, I think the owl is white, blue appearing from moonlight, so I compromised. Painted white, with a blue led strip above. And I know he started life as a horned owl, but looks close enough to me [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how much and when do they ship ?

#5808 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

how much and when do they ship ?

#5809 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Time Stand Still (bonus trivia: this is the only Rush song with a guest singer. Can you name him/her?)
Red Sector A

Aimee Mann, singer of 'Til Tuesday

#5810 1 year ago

My Rush Premium shipped on Monday. Scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

#5811 1 year ago

Hi all, you guys have all the answers… so my question, Rush LE .93, when playing a game and the song selected at the beginning is over, it simply repeats. Is that a setting? I would presume it should simply roll to the next song? My Zeppelin does that. Thanks in advance for your input !!

#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:My Rush Pro comes in tomorrow. This game got me back into pinball. I had dozens of machines I bought/restored back in the 90s/early 2000s. Sold them off around 2010 as I moved and had no place to store or use them. Anyway, as much as I love pinball, Rush has been my band since the mid-70s. Seen them in concert dozens of times, including their 3rd to last concert in Vegas in 2015. Rush + Pinball is my dream combo, so of course, I’m back in the hobby now.
Anyway, while I doubt this will ever be acted upon, I wanted to add a few songs I’d love to see in a future firmware release. I’ve seen other similar lists in this thread, so perhaps Stern is taking notes. I realize there’s no way even a small number of these would make it. I’d be thrilled to have *any* on this list, honestly.
Additional songs:
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Red Sector A

Welcome back to pinball!

When I got back into pinball a few years ago I never dreamed Rush could happen. I sometimes still think it's a dream.

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My Rush Pro comes in tomorrow. This game got me back into pinball. I had dozens of machines I bought/restored back in the 90s/early 2000s. Sold them off around 2010 as I moved and had no place to store or use them. Anyway, as much as I love pinball, Rush has been my band since the mid-70s. Seen them in concert dozens of times, including their 3rd to last concert in Vegas in 2015. Rush + Pinball is my dream combo, so of course, I’m back in the hobby now.
Additional songs:
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Red Sector A

Although a long time pinball and Rush fan, I've never own a pin. I've contemplated it over the years, but once the Rush machine was announced it was a must have for me. I've had my LE now since early March and have probably played every day since. Definitely would love to see more music added but I'm sure due to licensing it will never happen. Really surprised as this is a time machine theme of their career that no songs from the 90's were included.

#5814 1 year ago
Quoted from madangelo:

Although a long time pinball and Rush fan, I've never own a pin. I've contemplated it over the years, but once the Rush machine was announced it was a must have for me. I've had my LE now since early March and have probably played every day since. Definitely would love to see more music added but I'm sure due to licensing it will never happen. Really surprised as this is a time machine theme of their career that no songs from the 90's were included.

We are lucky to have 17 songs, im happy. Aerosmith has 7 or 8, same for metallica . This is the first stern to have so many.

#5815 1 year ago

Out of the box with my premium I was experiencing a lot of quick shots up the ramps returning to the left flipper and hitting the VUK wire form causing the ball to jump off to the playfield. 3D printed an arch cover that fits on the wire form entry to force the ball down and it has worked perfectly so far.

E6B843CE-690F-407D-AB3E-84B43EF2A252 (resized).jpegE6B843CE-690F-407D-AB3E-84B43EF2A252 (resized).jpeg
#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Additional songs:
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Red Sector A

That’s a pretty impressive list, and Aimee Mann

#5817 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Out of the box with my premium I was experiencing a lot of quick shots up the ramps returning to the left flipper and hitting the VUK wire form causing the ball to jump off to the playfield. 3D printed an arch cover that fits on the wire form entry to force the ball down and it has worked perfectly so far.
[quoted image]

Check the wireform for burrs. It shouldn't be hopping off there, even on a fast ball. It's not uncommon for stern to ship a pin with burrs or bumps in the wireform welds that cause the ball to hop. If you find that, it's a warranty issue and you won't need the arch.

#5818 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the wireform for burrs. It shouldn't be hopping off there, even on a fast ball. It's not uncommon for stern to ship a pin with burrs or bumps in the wireform welds that cause the ball to hop. If you find that, it's a warranty issue and you won't need the arch.

Nop, it’s not a burrs problem in this case, I have had the same issue, when the ball goes fast at the end of the plastic ramp it does like a Springboard and the ball bounce, kick the VUK ramp and felt…to avoid that I’ve reduced the flipp power and now it’s rare…but this solution are really Ingenious, well done

#5819 1 year ago

Oups I did it again

#5820 1 year ago

May the 4th be with you guys..Love when Geddy says, "Pick a Planet, and No it can't be Tatooine!"

#5821 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Nop, it’s not a burrs problem in this case, I have had the same issue, when the ball goes fast at the end of the plastic ramp it does like a Springboard and the ball bounce, kick the VUK ramp and felt…to avoid that I’ve reduced the flipp power and now it’s rare…but this solution are really Ingenious, well done

Thanks. Yeah I did check to see if the ramp had any bumps or if I could adjust anything but didn’t want to bend the ramp or end up breaking anything adjusting. Everything on mine looked similar to other pictures that I’ve seen. I like the game to play fast so I didn’t want to lower the flipper power to solve it. Tried this instead and it’s been working great. Ill try to get a video of the difference with and without.

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Thanks. Yeah I did check to see if the ramp had any bumps or if I could adjust anything but didn’t want to bend the ramp or end up breaking anything adjusting. Everything on mine looked similar to other pictures that I’ve seen. I like the game to play fast so I didn’t want to lower the flipper power to solve it. Tried this instead and it’s been working great. Ill try to get a video of the difference with and without.

Yeah, if you slo-mo record with a phone, you should be able to see where the ball is getting launched.

#5823 1 year ago

Anyone know if Cliffy is taking orders emailed him twice no response

#5824 1 year ago

After trying with the arch on and off and looking at the video it really seems like it is just going too fast to make the turn on the wireform.

Made a video of a couple shots with and without it. You can see the one is so bad it jumps right off and straight past the outlane. Once the arch is added it forces it down and the return is smooth to the left flipper. It does slow the ball somewhat but its not really enough to be an issue.

#5825 1 year ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg For those of you who have had issues with your right slingshot rubber breaking prematurely I just got a replacement O ring from Stern today and compared it to the replacement O ring I got from Titan Pinball. As you can see in the picture the Stern one fits inside of the Titan one even though they are supposedly both 2 inch O-rings

#5826 1 year ago

Here they are on the sizing chart in the manual

05A4AF22-BBF2-4FA1-BA1A-25954C1BD605 (resized).jpeg05A4AF22-BBF2-4FA1-BA1A-25954C1BD605 (resized).jpeg6ADBACAB-5189-4B7B-AF17-6B0F068C61E4 (resized).jpeg6ADBACAB-5189-4B7B-AF17-6B0F068C61E4 (resized).jpeg
#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Anyone know if Cliffy is taking orders emailed him twice no response

Hi, yep it’s normal just be patient, Cliff are really busy and responding after a few day’s, this is my second order with him and alway’s the best….

#5828 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

After trying with the arch on and off and looking at the video it really seems like it is just going too fast to make the turn on the wireform.
Made a video of a couple shots with and without it. You can see the one is so bad it jumps right off and straight past the outlane. Once the arch is added it forces it down and the return is smooth to the left flipper. It does slow the ball somewhat but its not really enough to be an issue.

Awesome video, If I can give you some advice, for your arch, if you can do the entry like a cone it will guide the ball smoothly in the center to prevent it from hitting the angle of the arch.

#5829 1 year ago

What does everyone have their flipper strength set to? I lowered them a bit and still everything feels so violent, especially into that front scoop

#5830 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

What does everyone have their flipper strength set to? I lowered them a bit and still everything feels so violent, especially into that front scoop

Try the Ninja scoop cover. Quiets the blows and helps keep the balls from getting scratched up.

#5831 1 year ago

Our LE was the first to land .I could tell right away it was going to be a good one even though it was playing clunky and slow .My kids didn’t like it so much at this point.It took some time to get it dialed in with pitch and leveling but when I found the sweet spot it was glorious .I have not done anything else but that and now the kids won’t get off it and Holy Shit my wife is now playing it .She has not liked any we’ve had since I sold our WOZRR.This truly is a masterpiece and we applaud all involved in its creation .Team Borg has made many pinheads dreams come true .I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done .Rush is here to stay

#5832 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what each of the three lights on the time machine mean? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

#5833 1 year ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Can someone tell me what each of the three lights on the time machine mean? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Green means MB ready ,Red means Mode is ready and yellow means collect combo jackpot .

#5834 1 year ago

Man, game has been kicking my ass the last few nights. Love the mode objectives, but they're freaking WORK to get through, at least for me. I could deal with a shorter workday for Working Man lol. I can tell once I dial in the shots this thing will be butter, but it's a bit of a grind til then. Anyone else feel the same or am I just bricking too much?

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

There's no way to tell what the root cause is using this video. You HAVE to shoot in slo-mo on the phone at max res (no need for the full playfield shot or other stuff that doesn't diagnose the problem, it just wastes pixels that could go to the trouble area), minimum of 1080p, so you have enough FPS to slow it down even further in post and resolution so the ball isn't a blur. I tried taking your video and slowing it down, but at 5% speed that's only about 1.5 FPS that way, which means the ball leaps 4-6" at a time, making diagnosis impossible.

#5836 1 year ago

I didn’t even realize it at first, but my game wasn’t registering the inner loop shot. The fix is to bend the switch up so it sits higher on the playfield. Remove the switch held on by two screws, while holding the switch in the down position with one finger, squeeze the rounded part with your other hand so it make a slightly higher arch. Registers 100% now. It’s the exact same problem that occurs on the mando hairpin turn.

#5837 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t even realize it at first, but my game wasn’t registering the inner loop shot. The fix is to bend the switch up so it sits higher on the playfield. Remove the switch held on by two screws, while holding the switch in the down position with one finger, squeeze the rounded part with your other hand so it make a slightly higher arch. Registers 100% now. It’s the exact same problem that occurs on the mando hairpin turn.

Except you may have just created a trap for slow rollers... Ask me how I know.

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Man, game has been kicking my ass the last few nights. Love the mode objectives, but they're freaking WORK to get through, at least for me. I could deal with a shorter workday for Working Man lol. I can tell once I dial in the shots this thing will be butter, but it's a bit of a grind til then. Anyone else feel the same or am I just bricking too much?

The last week or two have seen some of my lowest scores ever. I brick a lot lately, maybe I'm just tired from work.

Had a couple of good games 2 weekends ago, I feel like I am very inconsistent with this game. I got to get better!

#5839 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Except you may have just created a trap for slow rollers... Ask me how I know.

good point. played for about an hour last night and didn't have any ball traps. Will keep an eye on it. My pitch is at a little over 7. Same for mando, never had a ball trap after adjusting the switch. Also, I would just note that I am not talking about making it a big arch, just a slight bend so it's maybe a millimeter or so higher and make sure the switch still moves freely when pushed down. if it's dragging at all, that would create a ball trap.

#5840 1 year ago
Quoted from madangelo:

Mine does. I haven't timed it but around a minute sounds right. When I first got it I actually thought it was broken as it took so long for anything to display or even act like it was on. I typically keep it on but if I'm not going to play for an extended period (which is rare) I turn it off and just know that it's going to take a minute or so before I can start playing.

Hey guys, my game boots up pretty quick...40 seconds. I was poking around the adjustments and noticed I'm on "Fastboot". By chance is yours not set to this. You can find it on the "S.P.I." screen, #59.

Something to look at...hope it's that simple. Cheers.

#5841 1 year ago

I tested Rush and Godzilla yesterday on 1 power switch,they both took the same amount of time to boot

#5842 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This is a good reason to strategically stack modes -- I usually try to start a Song Mode and a Multiball at the same time, or at least start a song mode and then try to get a Multiball going. You'll hit a lot more of the shots for the Song Mode in much shorter time/effort.

Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t even realize it at first, but my game wasn’t registering the inner loop shot. The fix is to bend the switch up so it sits higher on the playfield.

ICYMI, that's what a lot of discussion here has been about, reference use of MRS switch, felt strip, clear lane cover, and/or ninjacamp lane guide thing. Happy to hear yours seems to work with the adjustment; you may want to look through some of previous posts to assess the other options just in case you do end up with ball traps!

#5843 1 year ago

OK, with .93 the Skill Shot has changed:

- Skill Shot:
- Changed the skill shot logic to disable the skill shot opportunity if
the ball rolls over the top shooter lane switch twice.

Twice is weird because it is up and back if you get it that high in the shooter lane. Sometimes the ball will rattle in the shooter lane and it really isn’t me at all. I don’t like it and as far as I can tell there is no adjustment to turn it back on. Thoughts?

Edit: added code callout, still don't like it

#5844 1 year ago

Happened to me too.

Push through it,
Because what’s on the other side is Combo heaven. The slump helped me figure out some of the tougher shots I was struggling with.
Pleasant surprise.

Quoted from kool1:

The last week or two have seen some of my lowest scores ever. I brick a lot lately, maybe I'm just tired from work.
Had a couple of good games 2 weekends ago, I feel like I am very inconsistent with this game. I got to get better!

#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I could deal with a shorter workday for Working Man lol

Yeah that's the toughest one for sure. Each shot is 10 minutes. So 6 shots for 1 hour and 8 hours to go through. That's 48 completed shots that are lit! I've only gotten through Working Man once. I think that's a bit excessive for a mode compared to say Spirit of Radio that's only 5 shots and super easy with the VUK wireform feeding the right flipper. They need to knock WM down to something more reasonable.

#5846 1 year ago

I feel like I need to post an update. Stern’s parts department did come through for me, and I got some nice email responses. And I did get a tracking number the day it shipped out. I think they were just waiting for inventory to come in. I need to learn to be more patient.

Quoted from swampfire:

Normally I would agree with you, but something has changed recently, especially with the parts department. The initial tech support is still fine. I had 2 node board failures, and I got same-day responses, and they sent orders to the parts department for me. But I’ve been waiting a month for one board (QR reader), and almost a month for a node 10 board for Rush. They don’t share tracking numbers when they do ship, so you have no idea when things will show up or where they are. I’m still a Stern fan, but it’s frustrating, and I can’t even talk to a person there anymore. I bought 5 Sterns NIB and I own 8 now. I hope things improve soon.

#5847 1 year ago

Got the call that my RUSH Prem is in for pick-up, but that it was shipped/delivered without the expression lighting I had specified.

Unsure what to do, but will chat this thru before I head off to Portland for pick-up

#5848 1 year ago

Got the call and email today, my Aug-Sept run wait, was just sped up 3-4 months. Glad I was prepared just in case, lol. Should be here next week.

For others that have been told a later date, you might want to prepare, in case yours is ready earlier than expected. Again, mine is 3-4 months earlier than what I was told.

And while I wait, I’ll figure out a place for this, might even become my topper. It was my anniversary gift from my wife yesterday. I love it!

9B5D7BF7-D608-4606-902F-7C3B4E8FF98C (resized).jpeg9B5D7BF7-D608-4606-902F-7C3B4E8FF98C (resized).jpegE5CD5690-160A-4499-88A5-1EAB288BE597 (resized).jpegE5CD5690-160A-4499-88A5-1EAB288BE597 (resized).jpeg
#5849 1 year ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Got the call that my RUSH Prem is in for pick-up, but that it was shipped/delivered without the expression lighting I had specified.
Unsure what to do, but will chat this thru before I head off to Portland for pick-up

From my understanding, expression lights were only available for the LEs when shipped, any add on sets haven’t been released yet. Unless something’s changed.

#5850 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This is a good reason to strategically stack modes -- I usually try to start a Song Mode and a Multiball at the same time, or at least start a song mode and then try to get a Multiball going. You'll hit a lot more of the shots for the Song Mode in much shorter time/effort.

Oh I certainly try! And I try to stack weapons too, but then I end up draining while I chase combos lol. I may be pitched too high - did a quick app read at lunch and it was 7.5. Need to knock it down closer to 7.

Quoted from schudel5:

Yeah that's the toughest one for sure. Each shot is 10 minutes. So 6 shots for 1 hour and 8 hours to go through. That's 48 completed shots that are lit! I've only gotten through Working Man once. I think that's a bit excessive for a mode compared to say Spirit of Radio that's only 5 shots and super easy with the VUK wireform feeding the right flipper. They need to knock WM down to something more reasonable.

Right? Once you <Geddy voice>do the math</end Geddy voice> on some of the modes it really does add up. Limelight also has a lot of shots required.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.