IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 358.
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

14 for me too.In those days I thought I had the world by the Balls turns out the world had me by the balls all along.doh

My wife has mine

#5752 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone have some flipper rubber color ideas vs Stern black? Looking for something else -thx!

Perfect plays

20220502_120946 (resized).jpg20220502_120946 (resized).jpg20220502_121047 (resized).jpg20220502_121047 (resized).jpg
#5753 1 year ago

Joined the club today and am stoked. I am mostly unfamiliar with Rush as a band, the rock stations here only ever have played Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Spirit of the Radio. Everything else is new to me and I was surprised how much I enjoyed them when I played a pro on location.

My Shadow just sold and a lightly routed Pro popped up for the same amount. Kind of a impulse buy, but I love the layout and am definitely digging the music.

Does shooting 1-2-3 after you’ve already qualified a mode multiply scoring during said mode? What’s the incentive to keep shooting combos after a mode is qualified, but not started?

187CC4A3-FF21-489F-B438-1EACE2A0FD41 (resized).jpeg187CC4A3-FF21-489F-B438-1EACE2A0FD41 (resized).jpeg
#5754 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What’s the incentive to keep shooting combos after a mode is qualified, but not started?

My understanding is that 1+2+3+Time Machine = one album. I think once you’ve qualified both a mode and one 1-2-3 (left and center LEDs both lit), there’s no advantage to piling on more albums. If you’re Rainman, you can try to match the song and the album to get The Weapon, but I find it’s better to collect albums as soon as possible. If you qualify an album and drain without collecting it, you start over (I need to confirm this).

#5755 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Joined the club today and am stoked. I am mostly unfamiliar with Rush as a band, the rock stations here only ever have played Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Spirit of the Radio. Everything else is new to me and I was surprised how much I enjoyed them when I played a pro on location.
My Shadow just sold and a lightly routed Pro popped up for the same amount. Kind of a impulse buy, but I love the layout and am definitely digging the music.
Does shooting 1-2-3 after you’ve already qualified a mode multiply scoring during said mode? What’s the incentive to keep shooting combos after a mode is qualified, but not started?
[quoted image]

The combos collect albums, which are important for getting a weapon. (add a ball in MB, or collect all lit shots, depending if the song is a MB). So getting the Moving Pictures combo will award an add a ball in Red Barchetta, for example, but it can also collect all shots lit in Limelight, since that's on Moving Pictures as well. The risk/reward is, if you continue to collect unique combos before cashing out at the time machine, they will be multiplied by the number you get. So, 3 unique combo sequences will award 3x the jackpot. Then the super is 2x that. But drain and lose it all.

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

The combos collect albums, which are important for getting a weapon. (add a ball in MB, or collect all lit shots, depending if the song is a MB). So getting the Moving Pictures combo will award an add a ball in Red Barchetta, for example, but it can also collect all shots lit in Limelight, since that's on Moving Pictures as well. The risk/reward is, if you continue to collect unique combos before cashing out at the time machine, they will be multiplied by the number you get. So, 3 unique combo sequences will award 3x the jackpot. Then the super is 2x that. But drain and lose it all.

I had no idea this game had this kind of code depth/nuance. Seems like they are going the AC/DC route with the code!

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What is it needed for? Haven't heard of this

I think it was fixed before the domestic ones were made. I had an early LE and it was already done. So maybe just the initial run of pros for domestic and the overseas ones need to check.

EDIT: Scratch the Pros. They don't have the ramp that uses the stepper motor. So this service bulletin is likely confined to overseas LEs built first.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I had no idea this game had this kind of code depth/nuance. Seems like they are going the AC/DC route with the code!

That's one thing I love about the game. The shot flow is satisfying, but if I happen to get a couple of multipliers on certain shots going, it's very fun and can give you some good points or even features, like Headlong Flight MB, easier than if I didn't have them.

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd love to be 14 yrs old again in 1974, so I'll not be installing this fix

Just think, we could run around in our bell bottoms, braces and bowl haircuts repeatedly telling the chess club, "I swear, in 48 years there's going to be a Rush pinball machine!"

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it was fixed before the domestic ones were made. I had an early LE and it was already done. So maybe just the initial run of pros for domestic and the overseas ones need to check.
EDIT: Scratch the Pros. They don't have the ramp that uses the stepper motor. So this service bulletin is likely confined to overseas LEs built first.

Not sure, but this is what I’ve said, only Prem/LE , and mine is a LE number 538, so it was just to remind day one users to check this, just in case …

#5761 1 year ago

Is it just me, or is it ridiculous that after spending 12k on a LE I have to settle for shoddy workmanship and design or order 3rd party items at my expense and time to install them? Kind of sours me on buying anymore NIB machines from Stern.

#5762 1 year ago

Apologies if this observation has already been made, but something occurred to me tonight:

Rush was often regarded as the "thinking man's rock band," right? Then this game matches perfectly as the thinking man's pinball machine.

The code on this game is just nuts! The options for different strategies are incredibly cerebral and so, so fitting. You can weigh combos or modes, stacking multipliers, risk/reward, etc. etc. and come up with several permutations and approaches. It's thoughtful and energetic, eclectic and sometimes exhausting, but the sheer possibility of it all keeps you coming back for more.

If that isn't Rush in a nutshell I don't know what is. Props to Tim, Ray, and the rest of the team for delivering on theme integration and beyond.

#5763 1 year ago

HELP! So my LE is about to get its glass smashed…every auto plunge or manual around the orbit goes straight through the bumpers and SDTM. Anyone else have this and fixed it? Do the guides need to be adjusted or bent? Seriously over this machine and find myself playing Jurassic Park pro more often and enjoying it more than Rush, which is sad since I was so stoked for this game. Very clunky as well on the right side guides…

#5764 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

HELP! So my LE is about to get its glass smashed…every auto plunge or manual around the orbit goes straight through the bumpers and SDTM. Anyone else have this and fixed it? Do the guides need to be adjusted or bent? Seriously over this machine and find myself playing Jurassic Park pro more often and enjoying it more than Rush, which is sad since I was so stoked for this game. Very clunky as well on the right side guides…

Adjust pitch or level. Mine will do this 1 time in 100, can live with that. I'm at 6.8°

#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Adjust pitch or level. Mine will do this 1 time in 100, can live with that. I'm at 6.8°

I’m at 7.1 and level. Will tweak pitch and hope for the best.

#5766 1 year ago

Quoted from jonboy71:Is it just me, or is it ridiculous that after spending 12k on a LE I have to settle for shoddy workmanship and design or order 3rd party items at my expense and time to install them? Kind of sours me on buying anymore NIB machines from Stern.

your the 1st to ever say that

#5767 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Is it just me, or is it ridiculous that after spending 12k on a LE I have to settle for shoddy workmanship and design or order 3rd party items at my expense and time to install them? Kind of sours me on buying anymore NIB machines from Stern.

I wasn't impressed with the time it took to get a replacement scoop (I paid for a ninjacamp also) but my first run pro has been just fine otherwise.

I feel like Stern should be better at what they do than they are quality wise. Lack of any serious competition and demand way higher than supply ensure it won't likely get better. That said, they are still making some of the best games every made in 2022!

#5768 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

I believe there is a power setting for the auto plunge solenoid? Reducing it a bit will make for a slower orbit roll that should hit the pops.

It's weird, I've had this happen on auto plunge but it hasn't really been an issue for me on manual plunge or right orbit loops. Pretty sure all I've played have been at 6 degrees.

#5769 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I’m relatively new to the hobby, but there are a few things that just boggle the mind:

First, like you said, how is a $7k+ machine not play tested to the point that the scoop issue gets identified before mass production

Second, how is a $7k+ machine shipped without more protection on top and sides

That being said, here I am awaiting delivery yet again.

#5770 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Much like shingles, Stern doesn't care. There are plenty of other buyers lined up for LEs.

#5771 1 year ago

"This song went to No. 5. and is in 7/8, so I'll have nine beers!"

Added 23 months ago:

"This song went to No. 5. and is in 7/8, so I'll have nine beers, please!"

#5772 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Much like shingles, Stern doesn't care.

Well that’s a new one. Lol!

#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Much like shingles, Stern doesn't care.

That's some funny stuff right there. Good one!

#5774 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Happens to me every so often on my Pro as well.
I hope that it catches one of the three pop bumpers on the way around and down.. In fact, I'll nudge the pin to make sure it does.

#5775 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

...and it's a shock to hear from your high performance car dealership " you didn't expect your car to be reliable, did you?" But, that is what they say...

#5776 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

...and it's a shock to hear from your high performance car dealership " you didn't expect your car to be reliable, did you?" But, that is what they say...

Difference being there is a parts and labor warranty and a thing call the lemon law.

#5777 1 year ago

Can anyone clarify for me if the gate at the spinner loop is coded to sometimes be closed or reject? I definitely get quite a few rejects off that shot, but they will still get the spinner moving and register a switch hit. I often use that route to set up a shot to the upper ramp or loop, so it's mildly frustrating when it clangs off. Just curious if it's intentional or if I need to explore a fix. Thanks!

#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Can anyone clarify for me if the gate at the spinner loop is coded to sometimes be closed or reject? I definitely get quite a few rejects off that shot, but they will still get the spinner moving and register a switch hit. I often use that route to set up a shot to the upper ramp or loop, so it's mildly frustrating when it clangs off. Just curious if it's intentional or if I need to explore a fix. Thanks!

Check the arms on the spinner, if they're bent it causes the spinner to lean back a little, which can sometimes then reject the ball because it hits the spinner against its bottom.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5779 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Check the arms on the spinner, if they're bent it causes the spinner to lean back a little, which can sometimes then reject the ball because it hits the spinner against its bottom. [quoted image]

I'll check this tomorrow, but it seems like I get through the spinner then hung up on the gate. This isn't common I take it?

#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

your the 1st to ever say that

....on this page...

#5781 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'll check this tomorrow, but it seems like I get through the spinner then hung up on the gate. This isn't common I take it?

Oh sorry I misunderstood. I can only speak from my experience but no I've never had that happen. I dont see any controlling mechanism on it so it's just a passive device, so it's possible maybe it's just mispositioned slightly and maybe the gate is hitting the nearby metal or plastic by its lower end. As you can see, it's pretty tight right there.

20220503_073307 (resized).jpg20220503_073307 (resized).jpg

In this case I'd try to loosen the screws/nuts and see if it has any play/adjustment you can make to its position, then re-tighten.

#5782 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I believe there is a power setting for the auto plunge solenoid? Reducing it a bit will make for a slower orbit roll that should hit the pops.
It's weird, I've had this happen on auto plunge but it hasn't really been an issue for me on manual plunge or right orbit loops. Pretty sure all I've played have been at 6 degrees.

I have had the SDTM orbit off launch. Definitely can happen.

Got to get good at that skill shot with the plunger so you don't have this issue!

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

"We are merely players" needs to be changed to "We are merely beta testers"

#5784 1 year ago

Is there a music and voice attenuation setting? I’ve gone through the adjustments and not seeing it.

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there a music and voice attenuation setting? I’ve gone through the adjustments and not seeing it.

Yes, cant remember if it's in rush or game settings

#5786 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Kind of sours me on buying anymore NIB machines from Stern.

Stern isn’t perfect but they are the most reliable, responsive, and address issues fairly quickly.
Look to most other manufacturers and you’ll find either little warranty protection or improvement quality wise from code to build.
Consider purchasing second hand or later in a run to avoid these early problems in the future.

#5787 1 year ago

I get my pin in a few days glad I had to wait so they can fix some of the issues. I’m sure it will still have some.

#5788 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You didn't look hard enough then lol. It's in the Rush settings, I think? Go backwards because it's towards the end, from what I remember.

#5789 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

You didn't look hard enough then lol. It's in the Rush settings, I think? Go backwards because it's towards the end, from what I remember.

Thanks, there were a ton under Rush. I will go backwards. Probably scanned right by it.

#5790 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Adjustments -> Rush -> #195 music attenuation
Adjustments -> Rush -> #196 speech attenuation

#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern isn’t perfect but they are the most reliable, responsive, and address issues fairly quickly.
Look to most other manufacturers and you’ll find either little warranty protection or improvement quality wise from code to build.
Consider purchasing second hand or later in a run to avoid these early problems in the future.

Wanted to add my experience to this. I've purchased 6 NIB Stern pins since 2020. I was nervous about the stated warranty, but I decided the risk was worth the reward. I've had small to major issues with every machine. The small stuff I was able to take care of myself, often using advice from the Pinside forums. I've actually enjoyed the minor maintenance and repair work as I got to learn new things. For the bigger stuff I have worked with Stern support. They have always come through. For AIQ I ended up having to replace the entire Marvel loop habit rail, which Stern sent no charge. My brother-in-law had issues with his Iron Maiden where the spoon switch broke so that you couldn't interact with the captive ball. They sent a replacement no charge. Today my Rush scoop protector kit showed up on its own without me having to ask for it. No charge. In the end, pinball machines are complex pieces of machinery. Entropy is real. Yes they require care and maintenance, but when the issues have been related to quality, Stern hasn't let me down. I'm sure that's not been the case for everyone, but they have my vote of confidence.

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from cataylox:

Adjustments -> Rush -> #195 music attenuation
Adjustments -> Rush -> #196 speech attenuation

And negative attenuation numbers make them louder...

#5793 1 year ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

For the bigger stuff I have worked with Stern support. They have always come through.

Normally I would agree with you, but something has changed recently, especially with the parts department. The initial tech support is still fine. I had 2 node board failures, and I got same-day responses, and they sent orders to the parts department for me. But I’ve been waiting a month for one board (QR reader), and almost a month for a node 10 board for Rush. They don’t share tracking numbers when they do ship, so you have no idea when things will show up or where they are. I’m still a Stern fan, but it’s frustrating, and I can’t even talk to a person there anymore. I bought 5 Sterns NIB and I own 8 now. I hope things improve soon.

#5794 1 year ago

There are plenty of people in this hobby with bad stories about dealing with Stern for warranties on brand new games. Ask around at pinball leagues or events, it won't take long to hear some absolute horror stories.

#5795 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I’ve been having the same problem I tryed playing with the gate but it’s loose not binding on anything my fix was a peice of blue painters tape to hold the gate open this works perfectly shoots smooth as butter know im gonna take the gate out know theirs really no need for it imo heres a pic try it see if it works for you

9B9F180F-73E5-4F49-8262-718F13EEFBBD (resized).jpeg9B9F180F-73E5-4F49-8262-718F13EEFBBD (resized).jpeg

#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Normally I would agree with you, but something has changed recently, especially with the parts department. The initial tech support is still fine. I had 2 node board failures, and I got same-day responses, and they sent orders to the parts department for me. But I’ve been waiting a month for one board (QR reader), and almost a month for a node 10 board for Rush. They don’t share tracking numbers when they do ship, so you have no idea when things will show up or where they are. I’m still a Stern fan, but it’s frustrating, and I can’t even talk to a person there anymore. I bought 5 Sterns NIB and I own 8 now. I hope things improve soon.

Funny enough with tracking, they never send me that but I get UPS notifications automatically when something is coming my way.

I'm a recent new pin owner in the past 9 months and the few issues I've had they addressed pretty quickly on the couple of games I've gotten. Thankfully havent had node problems yet, as I think those are harder to come by. I'm waiting right now on a scuffed IMDN side cab decal, which hopefully soon.

#5797 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Funny enough with tracking, they never send me that but I get UPS notifications automatically when something is coming my way.

Same here, which is why I don’t think the items were actually sent this time.

#5798 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Can't we call Stern tech and speak to a human being anymore?

I always got good results when I could actually talk to someone.

Disappointing if its email only.

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't we call Stern tech and speak to a human being anymore?

Call 1-800-KICKERS. You’ll get a message that says they are doing email only now, then it hangs up. My understanding is that locations do have a direct number to a person. I guess I just need to open my location a few years early.

#5800 1 year ago

Question for LE owners:
Does your game take a loonngggg time to boot all the way up? Mine is Like a 1970's TV set that takes a while to warm up.
It's running the latest .93 code.

I just timed it and 28 seconds of black display before any signs of life on it.
57 seconds for the game to come all the way up.

I tried a friend's premium and it seemed much quicker to boot all the way up. Like 2x quicker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.