20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 358.
#5701 1 year ago

For those installing the Ninjacamp VUK protector, I have a simpler way to install the backstop piece. I basically followed their pdf except for a few spots...

This is abbreviated a bit assuming you've already read the official doc.

My simpler steps:
1. Remove the mech
2. Drop playfield and sit on two supports in front.
2. Insert the tpu backstop piece and rotate it counterclockwise it'll it stops.
3. Using 3" of scotch tape, fold over last 1/2" to make a "handle". Using the rest, temporarily tape the tpu backstop to the wire behind it (right side of inner loop). The goal is simply to keep it upright for a few minutes. Doesn't have to be perfect or pretty, just basically in the right neighborhood.
4. Lift playfield and insert duck bill as directed. Ensure you're fluffing the tpu on the top side from underneath to make sure the leading edge covers/ protects the wood properly.
5. Do step 2 again. Fluff tpu as needed carefully with edge of small screw driver or toothpick (safer). Remove scotch tape using handle.
6. Reinstall mech, test, etc.

This is a TON easier than removing the wire form etc. Works great!

#5702 1 year ago

Anyone figure out steps to adjusting the Time Machine to not have a ball trap at the top of the up/down ramp?

#5703 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday with a premium. For reference, placed the order when the game was announced and received yesterday 4/29. The build date was three days prior 4/26 and the scoop update kits were already installed. Shipped with v0.93 code.

Noticing a fast shot up the left or right ramps returning to the left flipper will travel the lower wireform with speed and hit the upper VUK wireform then jump off to the playfield. Has anyone else encountered this?

0C6E8909-BEFA-47F2-9327-6B8DA1243D5A (resized).jpeg0C6E8909-BEFA-47F2-9327-6B8DA1243D5A (resized).jpeg24609E24-2A28-4C45-B7B8-EE7D27135A04 (resized).jpeg24609E24-2A28-4C45-B7B8-EE7D27135A04 (resized).jpeg3487EF6D-9BD2-48B4-BED0-26D71B05C780 (resized).jpeg3487EF6D-9BD2-48B4-BED0-26D71B05C780 (resized).jpeg96A7B0A5-1723-4805-BB60-13D021B3E79F (resized).jpeg96A7B0A5-1723-4805-BB60-13D021B3E79F (resized).jpeg
#5704 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

fluffing the tpu

Quoted from CrashJT:

Fluff tpu as needed

That is one lucky TPU.

#5705 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Congrats to all the new owners. The game is absolutely marvelous, my favorite all time.
A ton of props to all the mod makers. There is so much amazing Rush stuff out there. Bravado!
The Ninja scoop protector is really operating very well after about 80 games. I put mylar under it.
The Ninja ramp protectors are doing a great job too after about 50 games. They are very subtle and effective. The left stock ramp protector was toast after 200 games.
I needed to replaced the right slingshot rubber after 240 plays.
Using Blue Titan flipper bands and also trying Marcos superbands. The Marcos are much stiffer.
Carbon steel balls from ball Barron have been dynamite for about 100 plays so far. They respond well to waxed playfield it appears.
Playing with headphones (Bose q35) is absolutely my favorite way to play. So immersive. Crystal clear, concert volume. I used pinnovators headset/subwoofer option. Remarkable. Definitely the best pinball mode I’ve ever experienced.
I love the Cygnus mini mode option but i am not really sure what I am doing yet. Now that we can pick Cygnus to play a full game, I’m wondering if there is any chance we could get another song or even two in a major update? An “encore” topper or something uniquely Rush. I’d like to fantasize and nominate 3.
Xanadu
Roll the Bones
Vital signs

I would like to nominate Countdown from Signals.
Amazing 80's video on You Tube as well.
I was working at IBM in the 80's when this song came out.
Still makes me welt up with pride to hear it/watch it with the vintage Nasa video clips integrated into the video.
Love Neil's drum work and the opening "stun" guitar chords from Alex.
This song gives me goosebumps every time...
Amazing beat changes at 1:15 and 3:10 mark too...so amazingly talented! They looks like kids in this video too!

#5706 1 year ago

Just reading through the thread and realize I’m way late to the party, but just wanted make a clarification.

P21S makes two versions: one with a blue lid and one with a gray lid.

The blue lid is not 100% carnauba, it’s got bees wax. The gray lid is 100% carnauba. Meaning 100% of the wax is carnauba plus other stuff to make it mailable. And the gray lid is almost double the price of the blue lid.

Just a PSA as it is not obvious looking at the two online…

Quoted from Fussa71:

Most carnauba waxes are good
P21 is really good
[quoted image]

#5707 1 year ago

This is the one I use and it seems to work outstanding. No residual wax, and the game plays dynamite.

P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LOP5E4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PVSQN707VYKNFC4WFPPQ

#5708 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Got the call a little bit ago my Rush pin has come in. So excited and relieved no more waiting.

You getting yours from Next Level right? I got the call from Jordan yesterday and mine is in as well. I wasn’t able to make it down there this weekend on short notice so I’ll get it next weekend. Very excited here as well!

#5709 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

You getting yours from Next Level right? I got the call from Jordan yesterday and mine is in as well. I wasn’t able to make it down there this weekend on short notice so I’ll get it next weekend. Very excited here as well!

yes i am getting from Next Level as well leaving today but wont pick up till Friday,, visit family for a few dayas

#5710 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Quoted from upsfeedr:

yes i am getting from Next Level as well leaving today but wont pick up till Friday,, visit family for a few dayas

Best place to buy!!

#5711 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Inner loop switch.
Tried a couple fixes so far and still not 100%
I read awhile ago about A magnetic reed switch. Did this work?
Is anybody come up with a fix for 100% register yet?

I have done two different things both of which worked. First I use the felt pad fix and that seem to make me register 100%. The problem with that is the felt does not stay attached forever and you have to keep pressing it back on. The felt will detach from the glue leaving the glue behind. I bought the ninja camp fix that clips on the little rail on the bottom of the loop. I didn’t think it would work after installing it but I used both for a while. It continued to register accurately. I recently pulled the felt off and the ninja fixed seems to be working 100% of the time by itself

#5712 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

I have done two different things both of which worked. First I use the felt pad fix and that seem to make me register 100%. The problem with that is the felt does not stay attached forever and you have to keep pressing it back on. The felt will detach from the glue leaving the glue behind. I bought the ninja camp fix that clips on the little rail on the bottom of the loop. I didn’t think it would work after installing it but I used both for a while. It continued to register accurately. I recently pulled the felt off and the ninja fixed seems to be working 100% of the time by itself

HI, I’m interesting to see that, do you have a picture of your installation ? Thanks

#5713 1 year ago

The blue lid will work no doubt. It is just softer when it dries due to it not being 100% carnauba. So, it just doesn’t last as long as the gray lid.

Quoted from jpc211245:

This is the one I use and it seems to work outstanding. No residual wax, and the game plays dynamite.
P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax amazon.com link »

#5714 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

HI, I’m interesting to see that, do you have a picture of your installation ? Thanks

Post #4204 on this thread has some pix and a good discussion. I took my felt pad off after the ninja worked.

#5715 1 year ago

Finally got this pin set up and going last night.
What an amazing fun game.
So far I'm just blown away!!!

20220501_005559 (resized).jpg20220501_005559 (resized).jpg
#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Here’s a link to the ninja camp mod although it says they’re sold out currently. It’s really hard to see in the pictures how it works. Here’s a picture of mine if it helps

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-corrector

A5FEBB95-3086-46B3-914A-D7F174262AA2 (resized).jpegA5FEBB95-3086-46B3-914A-D7F174262AA2 (resized).jpeg
#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Here’s a link to the ninja camp mod although it says they’re sold out currently. It’s really hard to see in the pictures how it works. Here’s a picture of mine if it helps
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-corrector
[quoted image]

Thanks Kmad, I see now, I have the ninja fix, and just finished and tested the couple, ninja + M&M MRS, works awesome but not 100% but close, I will be curious if I complete with a pad in the metallic inner loop guide.
49B4DD64-6ED5-46EC-8389-ADFD067E595D (resized).jpeg49B4DD64-6ED5-46EC-8389-ADFD067E595D (resized).jpeg5B7186FE-722D-4D4B-91BD-D4FFB9DD937C (resized).jpeg5B7186FE-722D-4D4B-91BD-D4FFB9DD937C (resized).jpeg

#5718 1 year ago

Here’s a pic of the ninja mod “felt” replacement they sent me. I trimmed it down a bunch and I’m now getting 100% registered shots using the original stern switch. I also have the other ninja mod guide as well, but it is this item that does the trick in my situation. I needed something that would help keep the ball lower as it flies around the bend. Very pleased to put this issue to bed.

5873E8E7-8C6A-4BFD-9EC2-29D7FF126421 (resized).jpeg5873E8E7-8C6A-4BFD-9EC2-29D7FF126421 (resized).jpeg

#5719 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Here’s a pic of the ninja mod “felt” replacement they sent me. I trimmed it down a bunch and I’m now getting 100% registered shots using the original stern switch. I also have the other ninja mod guide as well, but it is this item that does the trick in my situation. I needed something that would help keep the ball lower as it flies around the bend. Very pleased to put this issue to bed.
[quoted image]

Cool, happy to hear that, I will ask them to have one on my next order (scoop sleeves)

#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Thanks Kmad, I see now, I have the ninja fix, and just finished and tested the couple, ninja + M&M MRS, works awesome but not 100% but close, I will be curious if I complete with a pad in the metallic inner loop guide.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wonder if you rotated the MRS 180 degrees moving the sensor a bit more from the corner if that would help with registering? Thinking this might be enough if the ball is actually airborne as it comes around that corner, possibly catching it be as it starts settling down.

#5721 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Wonder if you rotated the MRS 180 degrees moving the sensor a bit more from the corner if that would help with registering? Thinking this might be enough if the ball is actually airborne as it comes around that corner, possibly catching it be as it starts settling down.

Oh ok, I see what you mean, I will test it if it make a change, thanks. I did it just to reuse the existing hole and not drill a new one.

#5722 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Just installed felt pad today.
100% fix

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just installed felt pad today.
100% fix

cool, good news , thanks for your all feedbacks

#5724 1 year ago

I would like to thank all the People and Mod Makers (also people) who helped make my Rush My favorite game in my row.I have too many mods to list all included,I have the Hayfarmer dice mod laying flat the way I like them showing 5s to match the plastic.
I have the look and sound (pinwoofer) and polk sub that me and my neighbors love.The time machine lights push this over the top.

#5725 1 year ago

Better view I think

ok next time I get a phone I dont buy the cheaper camera.Also looks like I rocked so hard my sling dice loosened up on me.

#5726 1 year ago

Just played Cygnus x challenge today.
Pretty cool .

Is this something completely separate or is it something in the game that you would actually work up to if playing in standard mode?

#5727 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11: Is this something completely separate or is it something in the game that you would actually work up to if playing in standard mode?

If you play all the multiballs during a game you can shoot the time machine to start Cygnus X1 during a standard game. Geddy has a call out when it's ready.

#5728 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

I need this! Hope NInja sends them out to all that bought V1

#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from cataylox:

If you play all the multiballs during a game you can shoot the time machine to start Cygnus X1 during a standard game. Geddy has a call out when it's ready.

Thank you.
Haven’t got to that point yet

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Yep same for me

#5731 1 year ago

Word of advice on playfield waxing for the newbies... less is more. Do yourself a favor and don't over wax your playfield. Every 100 plays or so take a soft cloth like a piece of old T-shirt or cloth diaper and just gently wipe down your playfield - no wax. That will remove most of the metal dust. Don't polish or apply much pressure, just wipe any residue off. Then, about every 300-500 plays use a small piece of moist sponge 1"x 1" and maybe 1" x 1/2" for the return lanes and other tight areas) and apply a THIN layer of Carnauba wax of your choice (I like Meguiar's) but any good Carnauba wax will do. Avoid getting it into the switch slots and on posts etc. You really don't need much. Rinse your application sponge with dish detergent and water when you start to see it getting dirty and squeeze out any excess water. By the time you have waxed the entire playfield the wax on the area where you first started will be set enough to GENTLY buff off. Again, a (different) piece of soft cotton T-shirt or diaper works well (I personally don't like microfiber cloths as they tend to shed fibers). Don't rub hard, just use enough light pressure to remove the wax. Pressing harder can and will scratch your clearcoat. Turn the cloth to a fresh surface frequently and shake out the cloth from time to time. This may all seem obvious, but I have shopped many games where over use of wax required stripping the entire playfield and cleaning the old wax from posts, plastics, and other parts of games where wax should never have been applied. I hear people say, "I put 6 coats of wax on the playfield". Not necessary, and probably more destructive than beneficial. Just trying to help the newbies out there with no maintenance experience.

#5732 1 year ago

WooOoOOooo made it to Cygnus X-1 for the first time! (I refused to play it in standalone mode until I reached it in the game) ... and I escaped the black hole on my first try!!! Then it drained all the balls, gave me moment to catch my breath, then went into crazy super jackpot mode. Holy crap!

20220501_222105 (resized).jpg20220501_222105 (resized).jpg

20220501_222031 (resized).jpg20220501_222031 (resized).jpg

Just wondering, did the scoring structure change much on v0.93? This is my best game yet on the latest version. Just want to make sure my insane 2.2B game is still valid, which was on the previous version. That game was just magical ... besides tonight's game all my next highest are in the 800M range.

#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

We’re working on a plan while still developing a 100% fix if possible. We stopped selling them until we are really certain because the games are inconsistent.

#5734 1 year ago

Hi All, I will be setting up a NIB Rush LE for a friend (his first pin!) tonight, and would like to know what steps to go through on Day One. For reference, it was a fairly early game, but not sure what scoop protector it shipped with, as I left it in box. Cliffy's have been ordered, but have not arrived yet, and I have the two boxes from Stern that were recently shipped out, one is a Scoop Protector and Edge Guard, the other is a Trough Kit.

Here are things I am aware, of, but please feel free to add/edit, etc...

1) I need to install latest code, 0.93 is on my laptop now, and I will transfer to USB for install.
2) What does I need to do related to scoop protector? Do I need to assess what is on there, or switch it to the one that Stern shipped out?
3) Is the replacement trough kit a must change for Day One play?
4) What settings are "must change" to game protection, proper play, etc..?
Anyting else?

Thanks all!!!!

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Agree, the single Ninja solution doesn't do the trick alone

#5736 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, I will be setting up a NIB Rush LE for a friend (his first pin!) tonight, and would like to know what steps to go through on Day One. For reference, it was a fairly early game, but not sure what scoop protector it shipped with, as I left it in box. Cliffy's have been ordered, but have not arrived yet, and I have the two boxes from Stern that were recently shipped out, one is a Scoop Protector and Edge Guard, the other is a Trough Kit.
1) I need to install latest code, 0.93 is on my laptop now, and I will transfer to USB for install.
2) What does I need to do related to scoop protector? Do I need to assess what is on there, or switch it to the one that Stern shipped out?
Anyting else?
Thanks all!!!!

1) Update can also be done via Insider Connected, but will be slower than USB
2) Stern's scoops protector will work, it's just not a thing of aesthetic beauty. Ninjacomps scoop protectors are the ones to get.
3) Replacement Trough kit??? The scoop protector kit or ninjacomp I would do before I played one ball, but never heard of a replacement trough. Did you mean the replacement subway switch?? if so yes, not much to installing it.
4) Turn down the trough eject as in factory settings it will tear up the shooter lane, and install mylar on shooter lane area as well. Also some mylar in front of the lower scoop eject area to help protect the playfield.

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Anyting else?
Thanks all!!!!

Agreed with AUKraut, get a NinjaCamp scoop protector. You could put the v3 Stern fix in for the time being but my vote goes to toss that in the cabinet and put on a NinjaCamp instead. Might as well install the replacement subway switch the same time you install whatever scoop protector you go with since you'll be working in the same area. Don't have a switch on hand to install myself yet but I'd say if you've got it on hand, put it in.

Although you won't have any of the NinjaCamp stuff for tonight, I'd also recommend the NinjaCamp VUK protector and rollover switch protectors, at least for the inner lanes. Those are all easy to install in my experience. Scoop sleeves and inner loop fixes I can't speak for yet. I've got them but have not yet installed.

If it will be set up for free play I'd say to go ahead and turn off the match. After you're done any work with the lower scoop run some tests and see if you want to adjust the solenoid power so the ball drops to the flippers in an acceptable way.

#5738 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Anyting else?
Thanks all!!!!

And there is a third stern fixe, a ferrite bead to protect the node 10 if it’s not factory installed, ask for it.

8E9BEC0C-C6D5-45F6-8EC2-560410A345BD (resized).jpeg8E9BEC0C-C6D5-45F6-8EC2-560410A345BD (resized).jpeg9F9FDF56-F34B-4622-A96D-29C7DA7E2D28 (resized).jpeg9F9FDF56-F34B-4622-A96D-29C7DA7E2D28 (resized).jpeg

#5739 1 year ago

Is the ferrite bead for the LE or for all editions?

#5740 1 year ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Is the ferrite bead for the LE or for all editions?

This is for Prem/LE only

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

This is for Prem/LE only

I forgot to check and see if I have this,Thanks for the heads up

#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

What is it needed for? Haven't heard of this

#5743 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It prevents the time machine from creating a quantum loop which actually sends you back to 1974.

#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It prevent what happened to me on node 10

8826F2C8-2168-4D41-8FCE-D346D8BE4C36 (resized).jpeg8826F2C8-2168-4D41-8FCE-D346D8BE4C36 (resized).jpeg
#5745 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You’re welcome, we are here for that

#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

It prevents the time machine from creating a quantum loop which actually sends you back to 1974.

I'd love to be 14 yrs old again in 1974, so I'll not be installing this fix

#5747 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd love to be 14 yrs old again in 1974, so I'll not be installing this fix

3 year old for me

#5748 1 year ago

Quoted from Hayfarmer:I'd love to be 14 yrs old again in 1974, so I'll not be installing this fix

14 for me too.In those days I thought I had the world by the Balls turns out the world had me by the balls all along.doh

#5749 1 year ago

Anyone have some flipper rubber color ideas vs Stern black? Looking for something else -thx!

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Here’s an explanation thanks Pablo

7945EEA9-4CDA-401A-815F-FED9CD5FDAD2 (resized).jpeg7945EEA9-4CDA-401A-815F-FED9CD5FDAD2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/115?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.