IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 358.
#5551 1 year ago

It was the plug in on the extension cord.
PHEW
All good. But now nervous about updating

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Man, I’m getting tired of my Rush Premium being the only Stern in my stable without blades. It’s my marquee game, and it just has those sad black sides. It needs Expression Lights!

when they come out they sell out fast...im waiting as well looks like you have to take out the playfieid table to put them in...

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It was the plug in on the extension cord.
PHEW
All good. But now nervous about updating

Why nervous about updating when it was clearly human error that caused this issue? Don't be a silly Gryszzz.....

#5554 1 year ago

FYI used an "antique bronze"-esque filament to make updated versions of my 3D Start Buttons for the LE, to match the cabinet art better. Starfield versions still available for Pro & Prem (& LE if you like that look).

Bronze-lit_unlit (resized).jpgBronze-lit_unlit (resized).jpg
Gold_text_full (resized).jpgGold_text_full (resized).jpg

Just like the starfield version, this new version is also available without the lettering if you prefer:

Gold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpgGold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpg
Gold_flat_full (resized).jpgGold_flat_full (resized).jpg

Finally got some pics of the starfield version installed on a premium also:

Premium (resized).jpgPremium (resized).jpg
Premium full (resized).jpgPremium full (resized).jpg

Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

#5555 1 year ago

I joined the Rush club today. It’s a damn fun one so far.

5F70AA94-87FB-402C-9166-956E31586E0E (resized).jpeg5F70AA94-87FB-402C-9166-956E31586E0E (resized).jpeg
#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You're getting the whole package man congrats

Just need Stern to crank these expression lights out and I agree!

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I joined the Rush club today. It’s a damn fun one so far.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Got to get rid of that red apron card though.

I'm jealous of your GZ and DP - I am waiting months for either of those.

#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Machine is bricked.

Can you burn an SD card? Or is that how you ended up here?

[EDIT] I’m happy to burn one and mail it to you if it’ll help.

#5559 1 year ago

What equalizer settings is everyone using for stock speakers paired with Polk sub?

#5560 1 year ago

Still have plans for the Armor

But just added Coin Door Cover rimmeym
Very Happy with it.

F9FC8E26-5399-4C9A-A53E-DE8756045F11 (resized).jpegF9FC8E26-5399-4C9A-A53E-DE8756045F11 (resized).jpeg
#5561 1 year ago

Responded to old post. Ignore.

#5562 1 year ago

look at what arrived today!

20220427_140450 (resized).jpg20220427_140450 (resized).jpg

Still more to unpack in the box but Peart's replica vintage R40 kit will be the center piece to my homemade topper complete with Rush funko pops and a spinning stage.

Now this is a mini drum set worthy of a Rush pinball machine!

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

look at what arrived today!
[quoted image]
Still more to unpack in the box but Peart's replica vintage R40 kit will be the center piece to my homemade topper complete with Rush funko pops and a spinning stage.
Now this is a mini drum set worthy of a Rush pinball machine!
[quoted image]

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Can you burn an SD card? Or is that how you ended up here?
[EDIT] I’m happy to burn one and mail it to you if it’ll help.

Man, that shit was CRAZY! I have 2 machines and a sub running into a surge protector. The other outlets were still on and running, so it took me awhile to pinpoint. Never had just one outlet in a surge protector go out. By that time I was overserved and not too handy lol.
But, my USB I was able to put in both ways,that CANT be right. No update. Think i might've blown up the USB port in bb....
Haven't looked today yet, was gonna get on a stool to see better

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man, that shit was CRAZY! I have 2 machines and a sub running into a surge protector. The other outlets were still on and running, so it took me awhile to pinpoint. Never had just one outlet in a surge protector go out. By that time I was overserved and not too handy lol.
But, my USB I was able to put in both ways,that CANT be right. No update. Think i might've blown up the USB port in bb....
Haven't looked today yet, was gonna get on a stool to see better

Make sure it is one of these ports (there may only be one empty one) - should go in only one way.

usb (resized).jpgusb (resized).jpg
#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fucking fuck. Machine is bricked.
Nothing working this is why I DONT FUCKING UPDATE CODE

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Make sure it is one of these ports (there may only be one empty one) - should go in only one way.
[quoted image]

And if you have the ability to go via Ethernet, that big silver square at the top of the board is the Ethernet connection...straight above the Red Arrow in WeirPinball picture. Or you could go WiFi but it will take forever.

#5567 1 year ago

Unless you need to save high scores and settings, flashing a new SD card is a much better way to go than USB. And maybe the only way, if your game is truly bricked.

#5568 1 year ago

OOF
Lucky for you guys I have a very self depreciating sense of humor and don't mind laughing at my own idiocracy.
Machine isn't bricked. Not sure how the surge protector failed, but atleast my machine still works.
You ready for the ballad of the Lord of the Idiots?
I was plugging my usb into the goddamn ethernet box..
OOFA
Weir and USAF thank you for the crayon drawing explanations...you guys are the best
seenoevilhearnoevil (resized).pngseenoevilhearnoevil (resized).png

#5569 1 year ago

ONE LITTLE VICTORY!
20220427_175019 (resized).jpg20220427_175019 (resized).jpg

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was plugging my usb into the goddamn ethernet box..

Stern support manager to his new hire: “write that down”.
New hire: “No, I fuckin’ quit”

#5571 1 year ago

Weir I owe ya some beer brother!
Thanks again man!

#5572 1 year ago

When I used to write end-user documentation for work, other IT folks would say "do you REALLY think you need to write that?" when they see something they think is too "obvious" to put into a document.

"If you think it's too obvious to include, then I guarantee you a noticeable number of our users have made the mistake I'm trying to avoid."

At least something silly happening worked in your favor, rather than something silly letting the magic smoke out!

#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Weir I owe ya some beer brother!
Thanks again man!

not a problem enjoy the new code!

#5574 1 year ago

Big jump from .87 to .93
So there are mini wizard modes available now?
What else do you guys like about the update?
YYZ added? lol

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

When I used to write end-user documentation for work, other IT folks would say "do you REALLY think you need to write that?" when they see something they think is too "obvious" to put into a document.
"If you think it's too obvious to include, then I guarantee you a noticeable number of our users have made the mistake I'm trying to avoid."
At least something silly happening worked in your favor, rather than something silly letting the magic smoke out!

Yeah my vodka goggles that I wear at night TOTALLY MISSED THAT USB PORT
DERP lol

#5576 1 year ago

Guess this proves I'm probably not the best candidate for Pinwoofers DIY route jajaja

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guess this proves I'm probably not the best candidate for Pinwoofers DIY route jajaja

Even YOU can do the diy pinwoofer, you'll not believe how great a pin can sound

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah my vodka goggles that I wear at night TOTALLY MISSED THAT USB PORT
DERP lol

Tech work requires the right BAC. My entire home network and home server setup has been built and maintained while above the legal driving limit. Too high and you're making mistakes. Too low and you aren't thinking "creatively".

It's all fun and games until you need to remember a password you set five rum-and-Cokes deep. I can't get into my wireless access points without just straight up resetting them due to not writing shit down...

#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Tech work requires the right BAC. My entire home network and home server setup has been built and maintained while above the legal driving limit. Too high and you're making mistakes. Too low and you aren't thinking "creatively".
It's all fun and games until you need to remember a password you set five rum-and-Cokes deep. I can't get into my wireless access points without just straight up resetting them due to not writing shit down...

LOL

#5580 1 year ago

Next dumb question...
Update is done. How do i power cycle the machine again? Just off and on again?
At this point I'm gonna be asking every dumb little question, no shame

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Next dumb question...
Update is done. How do i power cycle the machine again? Just off and on again?
At this point I'm gonna be asking every dumb little question, no shame

Yes, just turn it off for 10-15 seconds and back on. Once the game is in attract mode, you should be able to hold both flipper buttons until the screen says normal game. Then you can hit either button to go through and choose the Challenge Mode or play all the songs like a jukebox.

#5582 1 year ago

Thank you!

#5583 1 year ago

OHHH BABY...
NOW WE'RE COOKIN WITH CRISCO

#5584 1 year ago

Just disabled "Start game with action button" cause I thought I could hit for jukebox like ACDC...guess not. No big deal.
Where's YYZ lol

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

OHHH BABY...

Glad your back up and running, enjoy the new code. Hopefully we’ll see “YYZ” in future updates. Cheers

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

OHHH BABY...

What I imagine Gryszzz like as a kid..
Nice job man

B6D274BD-5855-4679-806E-40EE81A551DA.gifB6D274BD-5855-4679-806E-40EE81A551DA.gif
#5587 1 year ago

Side note: just got done disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling the carburetor on this piece o shit power washer. And IT'S ALIVE!
Finally!
Need this mf

#5588 1 year ago

Clogged jets from old gas as usual

#5589 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

What I imagine Gryszzz like as a kid..
Nice job man
[quoted image]

Lol. Spot on haha
Cheers mf's

#5590 1 year ago

Guys with dumb fuck questions...
I AM THE LIGHT

#5591 1 year ago

WELL NAIL MY NUTS TO A RAILROAD TIE
Got the engine goin now the gun won't spray
CARUMBA
Hopefully it's a clogged nozzle on sprayer

#5592 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

It's all fun and games until you need to remember a password you set five rum-and-Cokes deep.

I am so using this in my team's stand-up meeting tomorrow morning.

#5593 1 year ago

Jukebox is FUCKIN KILLER

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jukebox is FUCKIN KILLER

Before it was added, I'd just start a game, sit back in my chair and just listen. Great way to unwind

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Before it was added, I'd just start a game, sit back in my chair and just listen. Great way to unwind

Actually think that was you that mentioned that.
Grazie
I mean the Jerry Garcia TRIP TF OUT laser light show
ITS WILD MAN

#5596 1 year ago

Maybe a dumb question here: Is there a time zone setting somewhere in the menu? Or some reason my clock keeps gaining five hours?

The time in my LE keeps resetting to G.M.T. when I turn off the machine. I'm thinking there's a simple reason. Please tell me what it is.

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats! Got to get rid of that red apron card though.
I'm jealous of your GZ and DP - I am waiting months for either of those.

True story. I need to print a good card. My Rush didn’t come with any extra plastics or keychain plastics or even pricing cards. Sigh….

#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

True story. I need to print a good card. My Rush didn’t come with any extra plastics or keychain plastics or even pricing cards. Sigh….

Not even the LEs got that stuff

#5599 1 year ago

The pinball gods were cruel to me tonight. I was focusing on getting to Cygnus X-1 Book 1 and had 5 multiballs completed on ball 2 with an extra ball in hand. All I needed was Far Cry, and just needed one target and the right ramp to activate the last lock. The extra ball was a quick drain (of course) but I got Far Cry going quickly on ball 3. I probably should have just trapped up and drained down to one ball but NO, I had to actually play it and try to score some points. Had a decent Far Cry going but my second to last ball drained, while the last ball was heading up the right orbit. I get ready to get that ball under control but it just flies in between the pops and right down the middle, just as I got the callout “Cygnus X-1 is ready”.

I shut the machine off without even entering my initials.

At least now I feel like I’ve earned the challenge mode. Looking forward to trying that out tomorrow night.

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Maybe a dumb question here: Is there a time zone setting somewhere in the menu? Or some reason my clock keeps gaining five hours?
The time in my LE keeps resetting to G.M.T. when I turn off the machine. I'm thinking there's a simple reason. Please tell me what it is.

No time zone setting. But if your game is connected to the internet, on boot up it will attempt to pull in the time from the internet, and if it's connected but you don't have IC feature enabled, it may pull in the wrong hour. Try this... set time in the utilities menu, power game off. Remove wi-fi dongle from MPU. Power game on. Without being able to connect to the internet, it should hold the correct time (but you won't be able to do updates via WiFi or use the IC feature. If by doing this it keeps the correct time you have 2 options: 1) set time manually and don't reinstall the WiFi dongle - you can still update code with a USB stick and it will keep the correct time

or, 2) If you want to keep the ability to do updates using WiFi, and also want the time to be correct, then you will need to enabled the IC feature and set up an IC account, because the game uses your IC profile information to determine your time zone.

I had the same problem, and upon boot-up my clock always reset to CST (I'm in the EST zone) so the clock always came up an hour off. I wanted to be able to download code updates via WiFi, but really didn't care for the IC experience. In the end, I relented and became assimilated to using IC, feeling a little forced into it though. But now I can still do WiFi updates and my clock always has the correct time. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.