IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 358.
#5501 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Very good, I have ninja also ..love it .
So it not something i did installing the ninja protectors ..it is another part of the scoop dilemma and an ez fix ?....not like the scoop ,12 nuts n screws installing the ninjascoops ... This is great news for a rookie owner (me) . Yes or No? I just need Stern to send out the scoop switch.. And snip plug n play? No videos on youtube.
Of this repair yet.

Snip a wire wrap
Disconnect switch cable
Only remove a few screws with old switch part and replace.
They give you a new wood screw that is added to another new support hole.
I did all this without scoop removal.
Take your time .
Some magnified reading glasses help.
Make sure the whole machine has power off

#5502 1 year ago

So I just did the side scoop switch replacement. Now when I boot up the game it is saying NODE BOARD 9 not found. Anybody else get this ?

#5503 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Whelp, fortunately Rush is leaving my collection and I am out of the club. Byeeeeeeeeee

YOU NOT A REAL RUSH FAN. Lol

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Anybody else avoiding the challenge mode until they get there in game? I was one time machine multiball away last night. Of the 3 wizard modes, this one seems achievable by non-pinball wizards, so I’m going to wait till I earn it. The other two are much harder to get to and I’ll probably jump right into the challenge modes.

Game is generous with extra balls and if you're level the time machine shot when ramp is down on premium/LE is not as risky so very achievable. My goal when I get a game is to finish it so playing it immediately kind of spoils it for me, not everyone cares or goes about it this way so as long as your having fun is all that counts.

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Nop it’s not really complicated, just follow the instructions, you don’t need to send back the old switch, here is the link for the video….
https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/

Thank you ! Peace out

#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Snip a wire wrap
Disconnect switch cable
Only remove a few screws with old switch part and replace.
They give you a new wood screw that is added to another new support hole.
I did all this without scoop removal.
Take your time .
Some magnified reading glasses help.
Make sure the whole machine has power off

Awesome , Im a long time Rush Fan

Rush Fans are the Best !

Much appreciated for all the support on pinside. Thank you!

#5507 1 year ago

Found this one Stern website

Service Advisory
Applicable Games: Rush
Models: Premium, LE
Serial Numbers: All numbers before #330402C
To improve the switch activation of switch #41 (Lower Side Scoop), our mechanical
engineering department highly recommends replacing the current switch and bracket
assembly on your game with kit number 502-8018-00; reference the pictures below.
Please contact your distributor if your game requires this kit.

#5508 1 year ago

I was worried about the scoop but then this helped

DAE87787-5F0A-43D8-A42D-AA1FA18CD608 (resized).jpegDAE87787-5F0A-43D8-A42D-AA1FA18CD608 (resized).jpegE55EC086-1306-47A6-9F9F-E554A97691D1 (resized).jpegE55EC086-1306-47A6-9F9F-E554A97691D1 (resized).jpeg
#5509 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Anybody else avoiding the challenge mode until they get there in game? I was one time machine multiball away last night. Of the 3 wizard modes, this one seems achievable by non-pinball wizards, so I’m going to wait till I earn it. The other two are much harder to get to and I’ll probably jump right into the challenge modes.

I doubt we get the other two wizard modes as a challenge more. (if I understood you right). I wonder if the mode works the same in the game as it does in the challenge mode as far as having a timer running? You select your own path getting through it, so it feels different changing the order of the planets.
I love it. I think its the best challenge mode other than Jurassic Park's. It feels like its own mini game.

#5510 1 year ago

Anyone have any inside scoop on when the expression lights will be available for the Premiums? Since the cheap asses didn’t include them like they did on Zeppelin. Can I just buy and use Zeppelin expression lights?

#5511 1 year ago

Was gonna call JJ today about the Stern fixes but it was waiting in my mailbox for me
THAT'S a distro right there. The best!

#5512 1 year ago

I do love Joe at PinballStar too, for anything other than Stern. Also the best!

#5513 1 year ago

Anybody else just floored by the Clockwork Angels liner notes artwork?
HOLY SCHNIKIES ITS EFFIN INCREDIBLE

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:Anyone have any inside scoop on when the expression lights will be available for the Premiums? Since the cheap asses didn’t include them like they did on Zeppelin. Can I just buy and use Zeppelin expression lights?

Never thought of using a Zeppelin light package. Should be the same thing you would think...

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Behold the glory of The Garden:

#5516 1 year ago

You guys catch the tribute to Lyman in the attract screens??

20220425_195113 (resized).jpg20220425_195113 (resized).jpg
#5517 1 year ago

Looking at my new protector today.... I see ninjacamp has instructions for another scoop protector. What are the differences between the one I bought and this new one?

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Never thought of using a Zeppelin light package. Should be the same thing you would think...

That's what I've been thinking this whole time but - it looks like the art that surrounds the LEDs is attached to the LED strips.

I bet LZ lights would be plug and play on a RUSH cab, but you'd have the wrong surrounding art.

#5519 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

That's what I've been thinking this whole time but - it looks like the art that surrounds the LEDs is attached to the LED strips.
I bet LZ lights would be plug and play on a RUSH cab, but you'd have the wrong surrounding art.

Well of course, it’s a different pin.

#5520 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You guys catch the tribute to Lyman in the attract screens??[quoted image]

That's been there for a few software versions, but mine has his "LFS" instead of his full first name. How did you get his full name to appear ?

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

So I just did the side scoop switch replacement. Now when I boot up the game it is saying NODE BOARD 9 not found. Anybody else get this ?

Could be the coin door is open ? Maybe ? I know the "node board not found" shows when the coin door is opened.

#5522 1 year ago

I installed my new stern switch and scoop protectors tonight. The instructions for an LE are missing some details:

1. They don't really tell you to leave the optos on the scoop. You figure it out when you have nothing to screw the new switch into

2. They don't mention that when you're replacing the side scoop protector, the 3rd post is actually connected to a wire ramp - you have to remove the wire ramp from the post plus the front slingshot in order to get that post out.

After installation, my optos must be misadjusted - I'm getting rapid fire ball saves every 2 seconds.

I don't really mind the black muffins. If they had been installed that way in the initial manufacture, I doubt there would have been any fuss about them. I do think they should have sent us matching black muffins for the ramp to replace the factory blue ones.

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Oh ya.. Forgot about the art lol.

I hope it's not a long wait... Want them more than a topper.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I installed my new stern switch and scoop protectors tonight. The instructions for an LE are missing some details:
1. They don't really tell you to leave the optos on the scoop. You figure it out when you have nothing to screw the new switch into
2. They don't mention that when you're replacing the side scoop protector, the 3rd post is actually connected to a wire ramp - you have to remove the wire ramp from the post plus the front slingshot in order to get that post out.
After installation, my optos must be misadjusted - I'm getting rapid fire ball saves every 2 seconds.
I don't really mind the black muffins. If they had been installed that way in the initial manufacture, I doubt there would have been any fuss about them. I do think they should have sent us matching black muffins for the ramp to replace the factory blue ones.

The ninja ramp protectors are black, im waiting to install mine after the stern ones fail

#5525 1 year ago
Quoted from ChesterWhite:

That's been there for a few software versions, but mine has his "LFS" instead of his full first name. How did you get his full name to appear ?

Interesting -- it's likely because my options are set to allow full names for high scores instead of just initials.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Whelp, fortunately Rush is leaving my collection and I am out of the club. Byeeeeeeeeee

Take care, buddy...and we'll catch up with you over in your Air Supply Pinball thread someday.

#5527 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The ninja ramp protectors are black, im waiting to install mine after the stern ones fail

Just a note that the factory stern ones can cut into the clear because the bottom is not totally smooth. I had the beginnings of a line of white powder after only 50 plays with the stern "protectors."

#5528 1 year ago

Gonna go look now. Thx

#5529 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

@gryszzz, are you much of a reader? There is a Clockwork Angels book by Kevin J. Anderson that tells the story of the world the music describes. I can't remember if Neil had any direct input to it but I know it had his blessing. Was a fun read, although Kevin works in a lot of little Rush references that are a bit of a stretch at times...

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Behold the glory of The Garden:

Man that song gives me chills every time. And I forgot that (at least for the live performances, don't know about in the studio) Alex played some keys.

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just a note that the factory stern ones can cut into the clear because the bottom is not totally smooth. I had the beginnings of a line of white powder after only 50 plays with the stern "protectors."

Isn’t that awesome?
I noticed that too.
I’m not using them but if I did I would definitely gently file those sharp edges that lay on the wood

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Isn’t that awesome?
I noticed that too.
I’m not using them but if I did I would definitely gently file those sharp edges that lay on the wood

On the ramp or on the scoop?

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Interesting -- it's likely because my options are set to allow full names for high scores instead of just initials.

That's what I was thinking too, but my LE is set for full name scoring also ! Weird... but also very cool you get his full name on yours !

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

On the ramp or on the scoop?

Was speaking about under the scoop
But the ramp is sharp also

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Looking at my new protector today.... I see ninjacamp has instructions for another scoop protector. What are the differences between the one I bought and this new one?

The V2 adds an extra strap which we think could prevent the protector from breaking on some machines. The V1 protector still works just fine and I am still running that on location. If you have a V1, just keep rocking it and then let me know if anything happens.

Here is the original post from when we learned of one breaking https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/4#post-6888708. Since then we have had one more break. They both follow the same pattern, prior playfield damage and Mylar applied. I’m monitoring the situation just like the “loop fix” which is also struggling on some machines.

#5536 1 year ago

Hey you guys remember a couple weeks ago when I needed an entire army of ya just to figure out how to unzip the code?
Well...guess what I'm doing now?

#5537 1 year ago

Except this time, no SHITTY FUCKIN CRAFTY FILE VIEWER!
Wow. This is so simple. Just drag and drop. It was that dumb ass 3rd party file viewer that was the problem. Thanks again to all those that helped.

#5538 1 year ago

I will ask y'all, since it's been so long since I've done this, which dipswitch gets flipped again?
Thanks in advance.

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Gryszzz, are you much of a reader? There is a Clockwork Angels book by Kevin J. Anderson that tells the story of the world the music describes. I can't remember if Neil had any direct input to it but I know it had his blessing. Was a fun read, although Kevin works in a lot of little Rush references that are a bit of a stretch at times...

Hey thanks man! I DEF need to pick that up. I love the theme/concept that resonates throughout that album. Just like the artwork inside, it's a dadgum masterpiece.

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:I will ask y'all, since it's been so long since I've done this, which dipswitch gets flipped again?
Thanks in advance.

None - that was sam systems that you flipped a dip switch - just put the usb in and turn it on.

#5541 1 year ago

Also …. The audio book of Clockwork Angels is read by the Professor, Neil Peart himself. Wonderful to hear him read the story. After when I read the book I could ‘hear’ him in my head.

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

None - that was sam systems that you flipped a dip switch - just put the usb in and turn it on.

Thanks man!

#5543 1 year ago

Not embarrassed to say I've been on launch code all this time. .87 was fun!
All your posts about this new code finally pushed me over the edge.
Looks pretty gd sweet.

#5544 1 year ago

PRO getting delivered tomorrow, can’t f’ing wait!

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

PRO getting delivered tomorrow, can’t f’ing wait!

You're getting the whole package man congrats

#5546 1 year ago

Man, I’m getting tired of my Rush Premium being the only Stern in my stable without blades. It’s my marquee game, and it just has those sad black sides. It needs Expression Lights!

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Man, I’m getting tired of my Rush Premium being the only Stern in my stable without blades. It’s my marquee game, and it just has those sad black sides. It needs Expression Lights!

YES!!!!! I’m in the same boat. Cheap buttholes, first they don’t include them in the premium, now they’re slow poking around with getting them out for overpriced sale!!!!

#5548 1 year ago

Yeah, pretty much bs Stern didn’t include them like LZ.
Hope they release accessories soon.

#5549 1 year ago

Trying to update code and now my machine won't even turn on WTF

#5550 1 year ago

Fucking fuck. Machine is bricked.
Nothing working this is why I DONT FUCKING UPDATE CODE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.