IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,894 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 358.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The song modes in rush have been referred to as “planet” modes in several places - they do look like planets on the lower half of the playfield, with Cygnus X1 Books 1 & 2 being more obvious (with the rings). 2112 in the center is very “sun” like. I suspect this will be somehow representing progress towards the wizard modes.

Ok get it now, I think. But I do see what you are referring to on the playfield. Hopefully they improve the graphics a bit on that screen.

#502 2 years ago

Loved the new planet animation for bonus tally. Fire. Game did freeze and had to power off/on during first game on new code
Was deep into my song and had a lot of other things going on also then it just froze
Seemed ok after that but had to go :/

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Time will tell as far as pinball goes.
Rush machine is in the perfect demographic
For people with money to burn .
It’s also a band with an extremely huge fan base.

I'm not arguing it's not a good theme. I'm saying it's weak as far as earnings for operators compared to other themes. A new Stern pro typically has a month of juiced earnings when it's new. I've had rush a few weeks and it's been beaten each week by stranger things and Ghostbusters. That's my data point. This game is located in a brewery not a family fun center. Maybe it will grow over time but that hasn't been my experience in the years I've been operating games.

#504 2 years ago

I listened to this podcast the other day about what Stern has picked for music pins and how they line up to revenue figures for most albums sold $$$’s. It was interesting to hear how it happened to line up. Not sure if it is accurate but it made sense when I was listening to it.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-54vd3-11a8994

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm not arguing it's not a good theme. I'm saying it's weak as far as earnings for operators compared to other themes. A new Stern pro typically has a month of juiced earnings when it's new. I've had rush a few weeks and it's been beaten each week by stranger things and Ghostbusters. That's my data point. This game is located in a brewery not a family fun center. Maybe it will grow over time but that hasn't been my experience in the years I've been operating games.

i think certain geographies rush is huge. they have pockets of megafans (one of the most passionate fan bases) all over the globe but definitely not household name global superstars as some other bands. locally here in NY you can barely get on the PRO. will be very interesting to see how popular it is, ratings, etc.

PS - anyone have any good info on the LEs shipping? Read they build 80 a day, so the whole lot should be sitting there and perhaps ready to go, it seems.

#506 2 years ago

it's honestly weird to me to discover that there is such a huge Rush fandom at 46 years old. i grew up in Detroit on the border with Windsor/Canada in the early 80's- i should have been a prime candidate to listen to Rush but i can't think of a single person that i'd call a fan of the band

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

It’s also a band with an extremely huge fan base.

Not sure about extremely huge, but they are extremely devoted. Rush trips a trigger in some minds (like mine) and others just don't seem to be capable of digging it. Their loss!

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not sure about extremely huge, but they are extremely devoted.

This is probably key. I can't see there having been a lot of people who "dabbled" in Rush. You're kind of way in to what they've created, or almost not at all.

In terms of total record sales though, this is pretty impressive, although limited to US Sales (from Wikipedia):

"Rush has released 24 Gold records and 14 Platinum records (including three multi-Platinum), placing them fifth behind the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Kiss and Aerosmith for the most consecutive Gold or Platinum studio albums by a rock band in the United States."

#509 2 years ago

Well here's hoping some of those rabid fans come into my location!!

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not sure about extremely huge, but they are extremely devoted. Rush trips a trigger in some minds (like mine) and others just don't seem to be capable of digging it. Their loss!

Rush sold out virtually EVERY show from Hemispheres Tour (1978-79) through R40 (2015). I would call that pretty huge. I agree we are very devoted fans and all of us would go to seemingly every show in our immediate area (for me it was always Concord, Oakland, Sacramento or San Jose). Not as huge as some other bands, I agree with you. But.........selling out 17 tours and over 10K shows over a 37 year period is pretty incredible and would qualify their fan base as huge IMHO.

#511 2 years ago

As stated by many others the Rush demographic is generally an older white, educated male with lots of discretionary income to afford a Premium or an LE. Stern absolutely understood that and hence we get a RUSH pin before many other more mainstream "popular" bands. This is why the LE's sold out immediately. Thank God. In two years, re-sale will be around 17-20K for an LE barely played or NIB. Stern hit the jackpot with this title.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You think Rush is bigger than Star Wars, Ghostbusters or Stranger things?

I always believe rock pins are made more for the home market but I may be wrong.

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's honestly weird to me to discover that there is such a huge Rush fandom at 46 years old. i grew up in Detroit on the border with Windsor/Canada in the early 80's- i should have been a prime candidate to listen to Rush but i can't think of a single person that i'd call a fan of the band

Two of the biggest Rush fans I personally know live in Detroit. I actually saw them in Detroit once.

Quoted from zoor0pa:

i think certain geographies rush is huge. they have pockets of megafans (one of the most passionate fan bases) all over the globe but definitely not household name global superstars as some other bands. locally here in NY you can barely get on the PRO. will be very interesting to see how popular it is, ratings, etc.

I think the key is passion. I love Van Halen but I'm not passionate about the band in the same way I am about Rush. Can't explain but Rush has been part of my life for 40 years and I still feel so much love for the music and band members. They have always been special.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think the key is passion. I love Van Halen but I'm not passionate about the band in the same way I am about Rush. Can't explain but Rush has been part of my life for 40 years and I still feel so much love for the music and band members. They have always been special.

Couldn't agree more!

#514 2 years ago

Growing up in Cleveland Ohio back when WMMS was spinning Working Man there's a huge fan base there. I heard of them but wasn't really into them until 1981 during Moving Pictures. I was a huge Yes and Pink Floyd fan before then.

Outside of the USA though, have you seen the size of the crowd in Brazil back in around 2003? 60,000 in Sao Paulo. Crazy!

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I can understand the operator end .
Home wise I think this is going to be pretty big. I know how Rush fans are

#516 2 years ago

I wish the pin had real drumsticks and guitar pick spinner like GNR. Should have been easy cheap install. Mod potential?

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I wish the pin had real drumsticks and guitar pick spinner like GNR. Should have been easy cheap install. Mod potential?

I Have an LE coming and I’ve said it years ago when hoping for Rush and I’ll keep saying it.
Stern missed the perfect opportunity to incorporate the spinning device from Batman 66 to have a Neil peart spinning drum kit toy!
Drum solo multi ball
Would have put this machine over the top imo

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I have an LE coming and I’ve said it years ago when hoping for Rush and I’ll keep saying it.
Stern missed the perfect opportunity to incorporate the spinning device from Batman 66 to have a Neil peart spinning drum kit toy! Would have put this machine over the top imo

#519 2 years ago

Is there a precedent with Stern on a part failure like this scoop protector? Just wondering if we are probably looking at days or weeks or months before a fix. Seems like the lead time could be pretty long if they are going to have to manufacture a new part altogether.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Maybe "stick" one on the rght side of the shooter lane.

20220211_185221.jpg20220211_185221.jpg
#521 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Maybe "stick" one on the rght side of the shooter lane.
[quoted image]

where did you find those ?

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where did you find those ?

I picked up a pair on Amazon.

ProMark Neil Peart 747 Shira... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EEHKHI

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

amazon.com link »

Quoted from jpc211245:

I picked up a pair on Amazon.
ProMark Neil Peart 747 Shira... amazon.com link »

thanks I may use both or share with another Rush pinballer.

#525 2 years ago

Dang. Played at Padavans again tonight. I would not recommend removing the protector without adding mylar.

IMG_20220216_204337 (resized).jpgIMG_20220216_204337 (resized).jpg

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueCylinder:

Is there a precedent with Stern on a part failure like this scoop protector? Just wondering if we are probably looking at days or weeks or months before a fix. Seems like the lead time could be pretty long if they are going to have to manufacture a new part altogether.

There is already a fix and it's on the LEs.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Dang. Played at Padavans again tonight. I would not recommend removing the protector without adding mylar.
[quoted image]

Wow thats bad. Worst in our area is basically one of those chips.

As I inspect more games i’ve found the quality of the cut/edge for the scoop has varied significantly. From one that looks chamfered as you might expect… to what looks like the stepped sides of the great pyramid. Stern’s routing on this PF was pretty inconsistent.

#528 2 years ago

Here’s another data point… this one has a decent chamfered edge.. and one chip so far plus whatever is under that hack . (Not my game)

7A713EDD-D861-4B86-A39B-77657CD26C23 (resized).png7A713EDD-D861-4B86-A39B-77657CD26C23 (resized).png

The wear pattern on left and right sides has been pretty consistent in what i have monitored between examples. Probably also why the sides on the weak protector didn’t last. Not sure what shot pattern is the worst offender.

#529 2 years ago

Amazing the protector did that kind of damage in such a short time.
Like a razor blade to the playfield.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

[quoted image]

That protector that's left looks like it's made of aluminum foil. Did Stern decide this was a good place to cost-reduce again, and if it looks like metal, that's protection enough?

Also, people turning the eject power on the scoop way down seems to have minimized the damage a bit.

#531 2 years ago

Waiting on my LE. This will have to do in the meantime.

Rick Beato "What makes this song great?": Limelight

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well here's hoping some of those rabid fans come into my location!!

Where? I live in area and would like to get a few games In before mine ships!

#533 2 years ago

Got to play the pro on location tonight and had a great time. Fans of the band are going to eat this game up. Layout reminds me of Tron the most, with the super steep right ramp being similar to TMNT’s. Nowhere near as difficult as TMNT overall, though.

The scoop had the protector removed and the left and right sides were already wearing heavily. How did Stern nail the scoop protector on Godzilla and completely bomb on this one? Is it that hard to make a scoop protector?

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The scoop had the protector removed and the left and right sides were already wearing heavily. How did Stern nail the scoop protector on Godzilla and completely bomb on this one? Is it that hard to make a scoop protector?

The scoop on godzilla and other games is a completely different design than this one. It's possible the protectors are actually the same but the different hole/mech design is causing the issues. Can't compare them

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from jmarcello34:

Where? I live in area and would like to get a few games In before mine ships!

Madcap Brew Co in Kent - 1422 Mogadore Rd. You won't be disappointed if you like pins

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Madcap Brew Co in Kent - 1422 Mogadore Rd. You won't be disappointed if you like pins

On your pro, is the chipping being caused by the scoop deforming, or did it start after the scoop had to be removed. I have an le coming and am more than concerned. Thx

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

There is already a fix and it's on the LEs.

If that is the case why has it not one LE has been delivered to anyone yet?

#538 2 years ago

#539 2 years ago

I am/was interested in Rush, but going to wait and see how scoopgate pans out.

New games that look worse than 30 year old games is not a good look, especially in the world of crazy prices.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

borg already showed the games being built with the different protector. This is a non-issue.. also confirmed by mnpinball. Why aren't LEs on the curb yet? Any number of reasons.. but it seems like they are almost any day now.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am/was interested in Rush, but going to wait and see how scoopgate pans out.

It's dead jim...

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I know the spot! I'll stop out this weekend for sure.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's dead jim...

Looking forward to seeing the redesigned scoop protector. Most of all looking forward to hearing about weeks and weeks of gameplay with no issues.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Looking forward to seeing the redesigned scoop protector. Most of all looking forward to hearing about weeks and weeks of gameplay with no issues.

Because it's just me playing 5-8 games a night, I'm just bending it back each day. For an operator it's tuff if it's getting dozens of plays a day.

Definitely hoping this is a permanent fix.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I have one arriving today...

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Take pics of the scoop and post so we can move past scoop gate!

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:Because it's just me playing 5-8 games a night, I'm just bending it back each day. For an operator it's tuff if it's getting dozens of plays a day.
Definitely hoping this is a permanent fix.

Same. I feel for operators who invested in this game only to have to waist time fixing the issue daily. Stern better step up to the plate and fix this for everyone who has these issues. I’ve left my protector on at the recommendation of my distro who said Stern won’t warranty if it’s removed. I now have like a razor like cut into the wood, the new protector better overlap this damage.

C4B4831A-0FF9-4CC6-AAA6-7E0128618B81 (resized).jpegC4B4831A-0FF9-4CC6-AAA6-7E0128618B81 (resized).jpeg
#549 2 years ago

Unfortunately stern is still not yet providing replacement protectors

I swear they must wait forever for documentation or something verse just sending the ops the parts needed

#550 2 years ago

I wonder why they haven't addressed sending new (better and improved) protectors...

Playfields cost a lot more to build and send.

As this is my first NIB purchase, I must admit that I'm not playing the game (which I LOVE BTW) as much as I would like to due to this issue.

I've heard through another owner that he took the protector off, flattened it completely, then bent it back, added 3M double-sided tape on the sides and re-installed it. I am contemplating this suggestion.

Anyone else have other suggestions, other than removing it completely and adding mylar (not suggested by Stern)???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,894 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.