IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 358.
#5401 2 years ago

Just when I think I'm the only one finding odd things someone post a pic of the right sling rubber. I post pass the shit out of that rubber to try and get a shot on the Horseshoe loop to upper right flipper. I have a set of the clear titan bands on mine and it looks like it will go anytime...also the ninja inner loop mod seemed to have worked but not getting near the amount I shoot there. I'm gonna get some of that felt and try that...I've heard Alex say 600,000 maybe less than a handful of times. Any link to options for that shot would be great...all other ninja mods are outright changing the game for the better.

#5402 2 years ago
Quoted from Rushlarz2112:

Just when I think I'm the only one finding odd things someone post a pic of the right sling rubber. I post pass the shit out of that rubber to try and get a shot on the Horseshoe loop to upper right flipper. I have a set of the clear titan bands on mine and it looks like it will go anytime...also the ninja inner loop mod seemed to have worked but not getting near the amount I shoot there. I'm gonna get some of that felt and try that...I've heard Alex say 600,000 maybe less than a handful of times. Any link to options for that shot would be great...all other ninja mods are outright changing the game for the better.

I put a thin plastic cover over mine like someone else way back in the threads had mentioned. It's giving me probably 75% registers, but it's not 100%. That ball can go thru there like lightning and I think it gets just enough air to not engage the wire to trip the switch. I could never get the felt in the right spot, plus it kept falling off.

cover (resized).jpgcover (resized).jpg
#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Changing out the switch for a magnetic one.
How often does the new switch register?
>90% ?
I’m contemplating that or getting the Mod plastic piece thats supposed to help… ?
Anyone tried either or both ?

Haven't tested it enough to know if I get registers 100% of the time or not. It is certainly much more effective than the original microswitch. If Stern had placed the roll-over closer to the end of the loop instead of the beginning, I feel more hits would be registered without a fix.

#5404 2 years ago

Any friendly dealer in the US that can get me this part from Stern? I do have a US address for shipping purposes or could pick up at Pinfest. PM me if you can assist. Thanks for the help!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5405 2 years ago

Finally received the notice from my distributor that my pro should be shipping within 10-14 days. Very excited to get it, especially after seeing how well nearly every aspect of the game has been received.

Also, wanted to give a huge thanks to NinjaMods for what they've done with the scoop mod. Truly a game changer. I look forward to seeing every new mod you guys create.

#5406 2 years ago

I think my diverter stopped working. I can't remember the last time I saw it go down. Anyone else? Maybe it's the new software?
Can I attempt to cycle the diverter in the switch test menu? Thoughts?

#5407 2 years ago

Anyone noticed like, black spatter marks on top of their flipper bats? Both pro and LE here have it. Hoping it's just a bad batch of flipper rubbers or something

Quoted from Kez11:

I think my diverter stopped working. I can't remember the last time I saw it go down. Anyone else? Maybe it's the new software?

Shouldn't have been any changes to that in the new code. Pretty sure you can fire it in coil test

#5408 2 years ago

Yes.

It’s likely your ramp opto (behind the back of the Playfield). It’s has likely moved/shifted from all the awesome MBs & fantastic gameplay.

Do an active switch test, roll a ball through. If right ramp opto doesn’t activate, then slightly nudge/adjust the opto (it’s on the part of the ramp that goes behind the PF). Likely wont even need to remove the plastic with 2 screws. Tiny Red light might come on and will begin working.

That was the issue with mine. where diverter would either be activating up/down constantly or just off.

Quoted from Kez11:

#5409 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

I want to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil (in spirit) for where Rush pin is and will become. It is my belief that they advised Stern early on what they expected in a pin with their name on it more than any other band. I bet they were VERY involved with the development and final approval of almost every aspect. Their commitment to team work and honoring the "Rush brand" is what delivered us a great pin. Well this is me belief for what it is worth.

A lot of credit goes to Ed Robertson.

According to Alex, he was the guy who held the reins during the development.

So thanks Ed Robertson!! The game is amazing! AMAZING!!

#5410 2 years ago

Seconded.
MapleSyrup

Quoted from gouveia:

A lot of credit goes to Ed Robertson.
According to Alex, he was the guy who held the reins during the development.
So thanks Ed Robertson!! The game is amazing! AMAZING!!

#5411 2 years ago

Hit that Ball like it’s Nineteen Eighty Fiiive!

#5412 2 years ago

YYZ says hi to everyone here

20220421_163024 (resized).jpg20220421_163024 (resized).jpg
#5413 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any friendly dealer in the US that can get me this part from Stern? [quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that. I just checked my Premium (one of the first off the line), and it already had that fix. I’m guessing most Premium owners will be in the same (happy) boat.

#5414 2 years ago

One of the coolest things to me so far is how controlled the MBs are due to the paths of made shots coming back to the flippers .Basically the VUK(pause before kicking up) the right orbit (heading to the pops) the spinner (slowed coming back ) the time machine (levitating) the long ramps that divert and the scoops all give your eyes time to roam while playing .Does this make sense ?

#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Finally received the notice from my distributor that my pro should be shipping within 10-14 days. Very excited to get it, especially after seeing how well nearly every aspect of the game has been received.
Also, wanted to give a huge thanks to NinjaMods for what they've done with the scoop mod. Truly a game changer. I look forward to seeing every new mod you guys create.

lucky you i haven't heard anything yet..i texted him today but nothing

#5416 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

>90% ?
I’m contemplating that or getting the Mod plastic piece thats supposed to help… ?

100% here so far, 1 week in. I also left the felt in

#5417 2 years ago

Has anyone else got multiballs in the shooter lane during Cygnus X-1 mode? Also balls seem to get stuck up the ramp. Not sure if they can program the height of the ramp? Doesn’t happen during regular game play. Also, auto ball launch seems to be disabled with Cygnus X-1. Maybe the code update reset it? Thanks.

#5418 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

People have been making comment to up the size and use 2 1/4" I believe, maybe the 2 1/2", but I believe it's the 1/4" step up.

Every time I clean/wax, have been turning these about 1/4 spin around so they wear evenly. I don't see any deterioration like on yours. Maybe go with that bigger size, but also rotate it?

#5419 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I've had it in for a month. Much higher than 90%. Maybe 97%+? Has missed a few times. Note that my upper flipper was at 180 till I installed the Stern fixes last weekend.

#5420 2 years ago

OK, man you are officially creeping me out now, lol.

Quoted from gsrogers:

I want to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil (in spirit) for where Rush pin is and will become. It is my belief that they advised Stern early on what they expected in a pin with their name on it more than any other band. I bet they were VERY involved with the development and final approval of almost every aspect. Their commitment to team work and honoring the "Rush brand" is what delivered us a great pin. Well this is me belief for what it is worth.

#5421 2 years ago

Undecided on this one

20220421_182558 (resized).jpg20220421_182558 (resized).jpgdownload (12) (resized).jpegdownload (12) (resized).jpeg
#5422 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Undecided on this one
[quoted image][quoted image]

Concert pic of that. Looks like the base lettering lights up.

concert-pic (resized).jpegconcert-pic (resized).jpeg

#5423 2 years ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.
I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.
Any advice?[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve never seen that level of wear before but just a guess - Check the plastic post for a burr in the molding that might be cutting the rubber. If you find one, you can sand it down with folded sandpaper or swap the posts to different corners of the sling.

Once the “outer casing” of the rubber gets nicked, it’s game over for that rubber.

#5424 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Undecided on this one

Yes!
Not sure of that placement but, I’m in for that one also

#5425 2 years ago

Hey Tom, Stern sent me a confirmation that it will be Shipping out tomorrow. Can let you know when the game comes in next week.

Just hear from my distributor hope this is True. Going to take 2 days to put all the mods on. Lol

#5426 2 years ago

Thought it needed more appropriate pricing…

F0324A22-FB27-4FB1-8FB6-2296E1C6B4F7 (resized).jpegF0324A22-FB27-4FB1-8FB6-2296E1C6B4F7 (resized).jpeg
#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.

Like you and several others, I too have had the right slingshot wear and break in this spot. Twice so far.

#5428 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hey man I will be totally honest right now.... I am hammered. But anyhow.... I just wanted to say how frickin' awesome Rocket City Pinball is to have for mods! Man, your shit is legit. I know it is a Wednesday evening...but oh well.

lol, best review ever. Might have to put this on my website once the overhaul is done.

They say a buzz really brings out how you really feel... so I know you really meant it. Thanks so much for the honesty!

#5429 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

>90% ?

For me the MRS was a vast improvement over stock but it still wasn't 100%. Improved from about 30% with stock to about 80% with MRS. I added the furniture fuzz thing too and now I'm at about 98%.

#5430 2 years ago
20220421_212646.jpg20220421_212646.jpg
#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

Thanks to Matt from M&M Creations for providing this magnetic switch for the inner loop. Because of the original switch's location, it hardly registers any hits. This new magnetic switch registers successful hits on the inner loop a lot more effectively.
[quoted image]

Fantastic news! Seems like 8mm sensitivity is the sweet spot - the first few me made was 6-7mm...we bumped that up and doing great now!

Matt
M&M Creations

#5432 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

>90% ?

I implemented the felt strip fix a couple weeks ago and it works 100% of the time. I recently also installed the ninja fix that goes on the bottom rail nearer the switch. still registers every time. Sometime I’ll take the felt off and see how the ninja dies on its own.

#5433 2 years ago

DIE DIE DIE MY DARLING
don't utter a single word

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok! That Cygnus X-1 Challenge is f'n AWESOME! I can almost see myself just playing that one mode.

Escape the Black Hole full Cygnus 1 challenge mode game play. 0.93 code. Very fun mode. Beat it in 8 minutes.

Keep up the great work Stern team.

#5435 2 years ago

Thought I would share my scoop experience. After 239 lifetime plays (769 total balls), my metal scoops with the fork piece were beat and warped. I replaced them with the black Ninjacamp mod- took me 1 1/2 hours. The instructions were excellent although it took me a while to figure out about fitting the new scoop between the metal and wood (actually it is the backside side strut of the side scoop). The game parts needing removal have a number of small washers and spacers that love to go playfield diving.

The pictures of the metal scoops are showing them on their sides to give an idea of the warping.

The side scoop was sending the ball to the upper flipper which bounces the ball right back to the scoop- I did increase the side scoop coil power up to 190. (max is 200 - factory is 175). This does seem to help. This problem occured with both scoop protectors.

Hope you all are enjoying this great game.

Cheers!

PXL_20220421_193309138 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193309138 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193305572.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193305572.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_184628135 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_184628135 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200045827 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200045827 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200034642.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200034642.MP (resized).jpg
#5436 2 years ago

Not the final configuration but it's getting close -- here's a video to tease the functional-headlights version of my Red Barchetta mod. Headlights are tied into the Super Jackpot light. I'm configuring this version of the mod (with additional components & hardware, not shown/demo'd here) so no soldering will be required (by you ... I'll still be doing some to get it set up for you).

#5437 2 years ago

Perplexing issue on my Playfield here....

My LE had some playfield issues from the start with deep gouge in the center like someone dropped a flathead screwdriver on the PF when assembling it.

I finally got STERN answer to that - and they want to send me a new populated PF after I return mine. I did this once before one time... Question is - Would you worry with swapping a complete playfield for a new one?

Already done on my PF:

** Put felt in the scoops where the ball would hit, added felt to the automatic ball plunger area - to cushion against ball indentions and premature wear.
** Put Ninjacamp scoop protectors on..
** Added the flasher covers which took a while..
** Added mylar to the shooter lane (made exact and took a while to do)

Should I worry that the new PF may have issues of it's own like small nuances that will make the ball roll differently, and therefore play differently than I am used to? I swapped a PF with them before and had a bad node board out of the box, and a wire issue where one of the bulb sockets was not put in correctly and inside the socket, a small wire was causing a short. It was near impossible to figure out and took hours over the course of a week, to find.

I guess I'm asking to see who would swap this out or just not worry about the gouge? No paint is missing, etc...

Thanks for all the "thoughts" on this.... They are sending a box to me - so I have to make a decision.

#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I finally got STERN answer to that - and they want to send me a new populated PF after I return mine.

That’s encouraging. For my playfield problem, I’d be satisfied with a bare playfield that I can swap in myself later (I’ll be retired in a few years). How long did it take Stern to respond? Did your distributor help? I’ve waited a month but I can be patient if I know a response is coming eventually.

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Perplexing issue on my Playfield here....
My LE had some playfield issues from the start with deep gouge in the center like someone dropped a flathead screwdriver on the PF when assembling it.
I finally got STERN answer to that - and they want to send me a new populated PF after I return mine. I did this once before one time... Question is - Would you worry with swapping a complete playfield for a new one?

Should I worry that the new PF may have issues of it's own like small nuances that will make the ball roll differently, and therefore play differently than I am used to? I swapped a PF with them before and had a bad node board out of the box, and a wire issue where one of the bulb sockets was not put in correctly and inside the socket, a small wire was causing a short. It was near impossible to figure out and took hours over the course of a week, to find.

I would explain your valid concerns based on the last swap they did that was returned to you with issues you had to track down yourself and say you would prefer just to have an unpopulated playfield that you can swap in yourself at a later date as insurance. Saves them assembly time, saves you time potentially having to track down and solve assembly issues like last time.

#5440 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Undecided on this one

That's pretty awesome!!! Either that or the sausage time one!

geddysbacklineonstage2 (resized).jpggeddysbacklineonstage2 (resized).jpg
#5441 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

That's pretty awesome!!! Either that or the sausage time one![quoted image]

So did they have more than one set of these on stage? Brainiac and the Popcorn one are missing from that set.

#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So did they have more than one set of these on stage? Brainiac and the Popcorn one are missing from that set.

The sausage time was from the Time Machine tour and was the tour after the one Diddy made ( I think it was Feedback Tour? ). The brainy / corny one came first I believe.

#5443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Concert pic of that. Looks like the base lettering lights up.
[quoted image]

Yes, the lettering would light up in sequence. One after another.

#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s encouraging. For my playfield problem, I’d be satisfied with a bare playfield that I can swap in myself later (I’ll be retired in a few years). How long did it take Stern to respond? Did your distributor help? I’ve waited a month but I can be patient if I know a response is coming eventually.

I had to contact them directly through support and keep on for a month or so....

#5445 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yes.
It’s likely your ramp opto (behind the back of the Playfield). It’s has likely moved/shifted from all the awesome MBs & fantastic gameplay.

Do an active switch test, roll a ball through. If right ramp opto doesn’t activate, then slightly nudge/adjust the opto (it’s on the part of the ramp that goes behind the PF). Likely wont even need to remove the plastic with 2 screws. Tiny Red light might come on and will begin working.
That was the issue with mine. where diverter would either be activating up/down constantly or just off.

Well, I checked the opto, and it's working 100%, cycled the diverter in test mode, and it worked just fine. Played a dozen or so games, and the diverter never activated once. Any other thoughts?

#5446 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Well, I checked the opto, and it's working 100%, cycled the diverter in test mode, and it worked just fine. Played a dozen or so games, and the diverter never activated once. Any other thoughts?

I think I remember seeing a setting that can disable the diverter…have you checked that by chance? Not near the house to verify that.

#5447 2 years ago
E224EFB0-68C9-4FE7-8C14-879C22BFB470 (resized).jpegE224EFB0-68C9-4FE7-8C14-879C22BFB470 (resized).jpeg
#5448 2 years ago

In case you missed it on our thread, the first batch of our "Exit... Stage Left" loop light replicator mod is now available for preorder on our store! There are 13 left in our first discounted preorder run, but we'll be making more after that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

(Note: we got the 2 and 3 backwards in the render, but it'll be correct in the mod, as you can see in the prototype photo.)

Ad listing 1 (resized).pngAd listing 1 (resized).pngIMG_1261 (resized).jpgIMG_1261 (resized).jpg

#5449 2 years ago

In case you missed it on our thread, the first batch of our "Exit... Stage Left" loop light replicator mod is now available for preorder on our store! There are 13 left in our first discounted preorder run, but we'll be making more after that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

(Note: we got the 2 and 3 backwards in the render, but it'll be correct in the mod, as you can see in the prototype photo.)

Ad listing 1 (resized).pngAd listing 1 (resized).pngIMG_1261 (resized).jpgIMG_1261 (resized).jpg
#5450 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Did you go with "Exit...Stage Left" or "Inner Loop"? The render says one thing, the install says another. Did you put up a picture of the actual item? It's hard to see any detail in the proto-pic.

I guess I should know better, but I'm surprised this made it out of development at Stern without something like this. You cannot see those inserts from where you're standing at the flippers. Design flaw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/109?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.