IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 358.
#5351 1 year ago

I just tried some of the Cyngus mode, but I had something else to do so I couldn't keep playing it. Seems very cool and weird! I love that these new games let you play the Wizard Mode as a standalone mini-game...cuz there's no way most of us are ever going to see it through normal game play.

#5352 1 year ago

Gryszzz , if you haven't already...check out this R30 concert. 3 hours of pure joy, talent like no other.

#5353 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just tried some of the Cyngus mode, but I had something else to do so I couldn't keep playing it. Seems very cool and weird! I love that these new games let you play the Wizard Mode as a standalone mini-game...cuz there's no way most of us are ever going to see it through normal game play.

Yeah just did the same...completed a few planets, but haven't figured out exactly what to do...yet...

Always fun to get new code updates!

#5354 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I'd like to see an option added (configurable in menus) for a ball save on time machine release. For instances where the time machine releases the ball back down the ramp instead of behind the time machine, I've had issues with the ball flying SDTM. Not all the time if the machine is properly leveled, but every now and then it drops just right and poof, end of ball. And it may have been less noticeable to me recently as I've only been playing LEs... the Pros where the ramp is always up I think it is found to be more prevalent. They've got a save for the lower scoop eject, why not the time machine release?

I think the reasoning is that, on a premium, the ramp would be down, so hitting it is dangerous. If the pro gives you a ball save every time it flings the ball back at you, there's no danger and you can just safely grind your way to multiballs.

#5355 1 year ago

I updated the code and got the best score I have gotten to date. Almost doubled previous grand champion score. I am not good so this is really good for me. Lol

F86FC695-DB35-402D-B025-B3EFED1094DD (resized).jpegF86FC695-DB35-402D-B025-B3EFED1094DD (resized).jpeg
#5356 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think the reasoning is that, on a premium, the ramp would be down, so hitting it is dangerous. If the pro gives you a ball save every time it flings the ball back at you, there's no danger and you can just safely grind your way to multiballs.

That must have been in an update since I last played a Pro... it happened to me a number of times on it and I know there were complaints from other players. On my LE I'm not concerned about when you hit a ramp-down shot, but when the Time Machine drops the ball down the playfield. I know that will still happen on the LE, but it is certainly less often than the Pro and as such I probably why I've seen so few Time Machine > SDTM balls on the LEs. Basically what I'd like to see on either is if the Time Machine is dropping the ball back down the ramp, when it de-energizes the holding magnet start a ball save. If the Time Machine is kicking the ball to the back, no ball save.

#5357 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Gryszzz , if you haven't already...check out this R30 concert. 3 hours of pure joy, talent like no other.

Thanks Man ... I needed that...

#5358 1 year ago

What's the secret Insider Connected feature? Are we concerned with spoilers here or has no one figured it out yet?

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

That must have been in an update since I last played a Pro... it happened to me a number of times on it and I know there were complaints from other players. On my LE I'm not concerned about when you hit a ramp-down shot, but when the Time Machine drops the ball down the playfield. I know that will still happen on the LE, but it is certainly less often than the Pro and as such I probably why I've seen so few Time Machine > SDTM balls on the LEs. Basically what I'd like to see on either is if the Time Machine is dropping the ball back down the ramp, when it de-energizes the holding magnet start a ball save. If the Time Machine is kicking the ball to the back, no ball save.

I'm not sure what you mean. There haven't been any recent change to the behavior? I don't think the time machine should ever drop the ball down the playfield on an LE

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm not sure what you mean. There haven't been any recent change to the behavior? I don't think the time machine should ever drop the ball down the playfield on an LE

IIRC it was during a multiball stacked on another song mode. Don't believe I hit multiple up in to the time machine, think it was just one single ball. Definitely held by the magnet then dropped. So who knows, maybe it is a code bug and it is supposed to fling everything to the back on the LE.

#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How do you start the mode artificially? I think I missed that detail!

#5362 1 year ago

Loving this new update!
They really need to utilize “Roll the bones “
Somehow since it’s represented on the playfield and video screen.
Maybe a special multi ball?
You reading stern???

#5363 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

How do you start the mode artificially? I think I missed that detail!

Push and hold both flippers, goes into menu. It's a pretty cool challenge

#5364 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

IIRC it was during a multiball stacked on another song mode. Don't believe I hit multiple up in to the time machine, think it was just one single ball. Definitely held by the magnet then dropped. So who knows, maybe it is a code bug and it is supposed to fling everything to the back on the LE.

OK, it literally just happened. After updating the 0.93 code I started Tom Sawyer. Hit the left orbit, then later the right. The Time Machine ramp was up (don't know what for, I forget if it is a part of Tom Sawyer) and I hit that, then my LE dropped the ball back down the ramp. Didn't go SDTM, but it most certainly did release the ball to roll down the ramp.

#5365 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Push and hold both flippers, goes into menu. It's a pretty cool challenge

I have a pro and don’t have that option. Latest code updated today. I only get standard play, competition, and DJ mixer.

Can’t find a setting for this either.

#5366 1 year ago

Hold both flippers after game powers up. You change options by pressing 1 flipper button .93 says it's in the pro update

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5367 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Hey thanks man! Gonna have to look into buying this on DVD or stream.

#5368 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hold both flippers after game powers up. It's the 4th option you get by pushing one flipper button. .93 says it's in the pro update

Embarrasingly, even though my machine did an update (i heard the knocker kick when it was done and restarted) apparently it didn't take. I was on .91. .93 is finally loaded and it is there!

I swear i thought the code was better on my most recent games too. LOL!!!

#5369 1 year ago

Wow!!!! That Cygnus mode is the real deal Had time to check it out real quick now I can’t wait to get back home .Team Borg Fing Rocks !!!!!!!

#5370 1 year ago

From those of us who Suck at pinball ….We salute you for letting us in the wizard room

#5371 1 year ago

New Code 0.93 adding to an already fantastic pin

Borg, Sexton Eismin Davidson & Team

W O W

Love it. Thank you.

Beauty, eh

#5372 1 year ago

How is the new code?! Downloading now.

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Rush+LE

New:

- Added the Clock Bonus feature:
- Clock Bonus can be scored on the right orbit shot. It is lit any time
the player's drum clock advances to the next hour.
- The Clock Bonus is equal to the current hour on the clock x 1 million.
- Shooting the Clock Bonus after rolling over the left inlane switch awards
2x clock bonus.

- Added Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage Wizard Mode.
- Lit from completing all 6 multiball modes:
- Red Barchetta
- Subdivisions
- Fly by Night
- Far Cry
- Freewill
- Headlong Flight
- Acomplishments in gameplay increase planet jackpot awards.
- Starts at the Time Machine.
- The player starts with a single ball in play, can add additional balls
throughout wizard mode stages and from mystery awards.
- The player selects which planet to visit by making shots.
- Yellow Planet
- Selected from shooting the instruments.
- Shooting behind the instruments adds more shots to collect fuel.
- Collect enough fuel to escape the Yellow planet.
- Blue Planet
- Selected from shooting the scoops.
- Shooting Blue shots navigates the ship in the correct direction.
- Shooting Red shots adds +1 shot needed to escape the Blue planet.
- Shoot the scoops to lock in and refresh navigation.
- Navigate correctly enough times to escape the Blue planet.
- Purple Planet
- Selected from shooting the Time Machine.
- Shots are obscured by blinking lights.
- Shoot the time machine to temporarly show the lit shots.
- Collect enough shots to escape the Purple planet.
- Once all planets have been navigated, the player must excape the
Cygnus X-1 Black hole by shooting the Time Machine.

- Added Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage Challenge Mode.
- Can be selected from the Game Mode menu.
- Highest scores and fastest times displayed on a new game leaderboard.

- Added additional achievements:
- Flaunt the fruits of noble birth:
- Score 100 million or more in BASTILLE DAY.
- I got no time for livin':
- Complete WORKING MAN on your first attempt.
- Yes, I'm workin' all the time:
- Complete WORKING MAN with a total score of 100 million or more.
- They call me the workin' man:
- Start WORKING MAN with all 6 record shots locked in orange or rainbow.
- To sleep, perchance to dream...:
- Complete LA VILLA STRANGIATO with a total score of 100 million or more.
- Never turn your back on a Monster!:
- Complete every LA VILLA STRANGIATO shot in a perfect combo.
- The Waltz of the Shreves:
- Complete LA VILLA STRANGIATO on your first attempt.
- There is magic at your fingers:
- Complete THE SPIRIT OF RADIO on your first attempt.
- Bright antennae bristle with the energy:
- Complete THE SPIRIT OF RADIO with a total score of 100 million or more.
- Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free:
- Score a RADIO JACKPOT worth at least 100 million.
- Cast in this unlikely role:
- Complete LIMELIGHT on your first attempt.
- Beyond the gilded cage:
- Complete LIMELIGHT with a total score of 100 million or more.
- All the world's indeed a stage:
- Complete LIMELIGHT while only ever being out of the limelight once (or
not at all)
- Don't put him down as arrogant:
- Complete TOM SAWYER on your first attempt.
- Riding out the day's events:
- Complete TOM SAWYER with a total score of 100 million or more.
- No, his mind is not for rent:
- Start TOM SAYER with all 6 records light blue or rainbow.
- It's the power and the glory:
- Complete THE BIG MONEY on your first try.
- Big money pull a million strings:
- Complete THE BIG MONEY with a score of 100 million or more.
- Big money make a million dreams:
- Collect a Big Money Jackpot with a multiplier of 10 or more.
- The black hole of Cygnus X-1:
- Start CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE wizard mode by playing all six
multiballs.
- Through the void, to be destroyed:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE by escaping the black hole.
- Or is there something more?:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE and reach victory laps by
escaping the black hole with more than one ball in play.
- Atomized - at the core:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE Challenge Mode in under 5 minutes.
- Or through the astral door:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE Challenge Mode with a score of at
least 500 million.

- Added a secret feature that can be unlocked by Stern Insider Connected users.

#5373 1 year ago

It seems like the code update also did something with the rattle issue on the plunge. I was shooting it up the lane about 90% of the time without a rattle- compared to 10% before the update. I don't think it was my imagination, but I can't believe the issue was resolved through software. It looks to me like the auto-launch bracket was set forward a bit to where it held the ball better for the plunge.

As far as the Cygnus X-1 mode- set aside some time to play this one because it takes a while.

#5374 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Played the Cygnus X-1 Challenge Mode, fun! Nice add.

#5375 1 year ago

Updating now but also got my Ninjacamp scoop protector. Wow what a game changer!! Totally different game.

20220420_204347 (resized).jpg20220420_204347 (resized).jpg
#5376 1 year ago

First time I’ve heard: “I’m Geddy Lee and I’ll sing whatever lyrics I want to”

#5377 1 year ago

Ok! That Cygnus X-1 Challenge is f'n AWESOME! I can almost see myself just playing that one mode.

#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

First time I’ve heard: “I’m Geddy Lee and I’ll sing whatever lyrics I want to”

I love it: Geddy impersonating Cartman impersonating Geddy. It’s my favorite line.

#5379 1 year ago

Hey man I will be totally honest right now.... I am hammered. But anyhow.... I just wanted to say how frickin' awesome Rocket City Pinball is to have for mods! Man, your shit is legit. I know it is a Wednesday evening...but oh well.

#5380 1 year ago

Oh btw.....Natural Science goes quite well with a 12 pack of Molson

#5381 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Oh btw.....Natural Science goes quite well with a 12 pack of Molson

Mmmmmm Molsons. Mmmmmm Beeer.

Quoted from swampfire:

I love it: Geddy impersonating Cartman impersonating Geddy. It’s my favorite line.

So much goodness and humor in the machine and sadly my non-Rush friends miss it all.

Rush fans are really getting a treat with this machine that no other rock pin gives it's fans. I'm frankly blown away.

#5382 1 year ago

Having fun with the new challenge mode. I really dig those. I did notice a possible bug. From the way I read the rules. When playing the purple planet hitting the time machine shows what shots are lit. But I read it as you can still collect shots even when they are obscured by the blinking lights. So if you remember which ones you need you should be able to collect them even when they are obscured. I was playing a game where I only needed the left orbit shot to complete the planet. The lighting went back into the obscured blinking mode. I hit the shot twice and it didn't give me credit. So I hit the time machine and sure enough it showed that I still needed that left orbit shot. So I hit it and moved on. Just wondering if I'm interpreting the rules incorrectly, or if it's a bug.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5383 1 year ago

The newly added callouts are great. My favorite is during Spirit when Alex sounds like a fan calling the radio station.
Challenge mode is very fun! I’ve beat it multiple times, but not under 5 mins to get that specific achievement.
Now let’s see the topper!

#5384 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Now let’s see the topper!

This, and that!

May be a little while, but Borgy says it's a mollywhopper...

#5385 1 year ago

I want to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil (in spirit) for where Rush pin is and will become. It is my belief that they advised Stern early on what they expected in a pin with their name on it more than any other band. I bet they were VERY involved with the development and final approval of almost every aspect. Their commitment to team work and honoring the "Rush brand" is what delivered us a great pin. Well this is me belief for what it is worth.

#5386 1 year ago

BTW....I just Matched....Geddy's callout and softened knock are very nice. Matches the game perfect opposed to an obnoxious loud knock.

#5387 1 year ago

100%

THAT is what I bought sight unseen and unplayed.
It is everything I expected, wanted and more!

Truly wish I’d been able to land an LE.

You can tell from the Band to the entire Stern team, they all went all in on this.
And hit it outta da park!

Quoted from gsrogers:

I want to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil (in spirit) for where Rush pin is and will become. It is my belief that they advised Stern early on what they expected in a pin with their name on it more than any other band. I bet they were VERY involved with the development and final approval of almost every aspect. Their commitment to team work and honoring the "Rush brand" is what delivered us a great pin. Well this is me belief for what it is worth.

#5388 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

The programmers are absolutely lurking this thread.

Well maybe they will implement the suggestion I made in the GNR thread. Whenever a machine goes into ball seek mode, it should disable tilt until the next switch is triggered. This should be standard on all machines. It would reduce having to pull the glass as often when a ball gets a little bit stuck.

#5389 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Well maybe they will implement the suggestion I made in the GNR thread. Whenever a machine goes into ball seek mode, it should disable tilt until the next switch is triggered. This should be standard on all machines. It would reduce having to pull the glass as often when a ball gets a little bit stuck.

As an option for homes, maybe. Operators would hate it

#5390 1 year ago

Anyone make a decal for over the IC on apron?

Don’t really want the magnetic apron cover but also don’t want the IC, may consider moving to coin door.

#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

As an operator, disabling tilt for any reason is a bad idea.

If your balls are getting stuck somewhere regularly enough to worry about it, fix/adjust the machine.

For home:
There are settings to disable tilt and save the ball when the door is open. Enable both of these, open the door, shake machine, close the door, get your ball back.
Or just loosen the tilt a little.

#5392 1 year ago

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.

I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.

Any advice?

42759599-161A-4944-AEFC-6E24C4A88D3F (resized).jpeg42759599-161A-4944-AEFC-6E24C4A88D3F (resized).jpeg4B782862-F513-4B8F-A57C-3A310CBDD4A7 (resized).jpeg4B782862-F513-4B8F-A57C-3A310CBDD4A7 (resized).jpeg
#5393 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.
I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.
Any advice?[quoted image][quoted image]

People have been making comment to up the size and use 2 1/4" I believe, maybe the 2 1/2", but I believe it's the 1/4" step up.

#5394 1 year ago

as SterlingRush pointed out, move upwards a 1/4" for the diameter and think about switching to something like the titan silicone bands. they seem to hold up a bit more than the conventional rubber rings

#5395 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

I have the same issue. And like you it is only on the right

#5396 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

Wow, that black rubber transfers to the playfield art quickly on this pin.

#5397 1 year ago

Thanks to Matt from M&M Creations for providing this magnetic switch for the inner loop. Because of the original switch's location, it hardly registers any hits. This new magnetic switch registers successful hits on the inner loop a lot more effectively.

Mag Switch (resized).jpgMag Switch (resized).jpg
#5398 1 year ago

Changing out the switch for a magnetic one.
How often does the new switch register?
>90% ?

I’m contemplating that or getting the Mod plastic piece thats supposed to help… ?

Anyone tried either or both ?

Quoted from Craziestsinge:

Thanks to Matt from M&M Creations for providing this magnetic switch for the inner loop. Because of the original switch's location, it hardly registers any hits. This new magnetic switch registers successful hits on the inner loop a lot more effectively.
[quoted image]

#5399 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

As an operator, disabling tilt for any reason is a bad idea.
If your balls are getting stuck somewhere regularly enough to worry about it, fix/adjust the machine.
For home:
There are settings to disable tilt and save the ball when the door is open. Enable both of these, open the door, shake machine, close the door, get your ball back.
Or just loosen the tilt a little.

That’s really good to know that you can configure it to disable tilt when the door is open. That would totally work. Rush will be my first Stern so I didn’t realize they had that option.

#5400 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

If you stick with rubber, you might want to rotate it about a 1/4 every 20 or so plays. By rotate, I mean grab the rubber on the left side and right side of sling. Pull away from the sling just a bit so your can rotate the rubber along the posts about 1/4 inch...gives the corner a fresh part of rubber that isn't beat to hell. I rotate my silicone ones to just not as often. Like the gang said in previous posts, doesn't hurt to go a bit larger too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/108?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.