20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 358.
#5051 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hell yeah, and this normie had a grin a mile wide after playing.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I get a huge charge out of the normie reaction to music pins, which are much more accessible to that crowd than some other themes.

Rush fans can get pretty hardcore as many of you know, and folks like that will love spotting all the fan-service winks and references just in the stock package. You mod wizards are running up the score in that department.

It's a blast to watch a real fan of the band who's oblivious to the pin angle geek out on a music pin. I've had some visitors really get floored. They keep shaking their head saying stuff like "I had no idea" and "this is amazing" and "you should be admitted for inpatient evaluation"

#5052 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My non-pinball neighbor came over tonight and we played for about an hour. He got over 80M on his first game, not bad at all for a guy missing one eye (baseball accident). When we finished playing, I asked him what he thought about the blue rubber guard over the bottom scoop. I didn’t give him any background on why it was there. He said “I like it, it looks good to me and it kinda guides the shot in.” I said “Did it ever mess you up?” And he said “nah, it’s fine”. Anyway, just another opinion to add to the pile.
I’ll try to get some video tomorrow. The kid bought a nice electric gimbal for his Nikon, and I’ll see if he’ll hold it for me while I play.

Two thoughts on this:
- first day I had the machine I got a score of 250million by just hitting the lights, now I'm learning the rules most scores are much lower. This is exactly what happened when I got LOTR and JP.

- when you first see the bottom scoop without the blue binders and then with your like wtf!! It looks sooooo much cleaner, nicer and natural without. The Ninja, if it holds up, and it looks 100% on mine is the hands down answer.

#5053 2 years ago

I recall an issue with the headphone station working properly with the Rush pins. I have a Cointaker headphone station with volume control I want to add to my Rush. Any know issues or should it work fine? Thanks for the help!

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

first day I had the machine I got a score of 250million by just hitting the lights, now I'm learning the rules most scores are much lower. This is exactly what happened when I got LOTR and JP.

Crazy how that happens, right? I got over 1B at the LAX (someone else’s Premium). Now that I know the rules, I rarely crack 500M.

#5055 2 years ago

To those of you using Insider Connect - how consistent is it with actually uploading your game data to Stern? I've been playing the Pro at my local barcade every couple weeks and signing in with IC. There is an access point within 15 feet of the cabinet, and it will somewhat consistently log me in, but even if my IC name is on the screen, it seems like only 1 in 3 or so of my plays are uploaded. Of course it didn't save my 100 million point game the other day It says I have 10 total plays. I suck at the game, trust me - I've pumped way more than 10 plays into the cabinet

This is the only IC enabled cabinet that I've interacted with - do y'all think this is an isolated issue (either interference, poor network set up, poorly placed wifi adapter in the cabinet, etc) or is this common?

#5056 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I recall an issue with the headphone station working properly with the Rush pins. I have a Cointaker headphone station with volume control I want to add to my Rush. Any know issues or should it work fine? Thanks for the help!

I just installed the Stern OEM headphone kit for spike 2 (make sure you get the correct version, the connectors are different for spike 1 and 2) on Rush LE and it works great. The installation causes a number of menu adjustments to appear, including one that controls machine volume with knob.

Half the “info” on here is circular reporting, so take with a grain of salt, but if I recall, one report of the issue was that booting the game with the volume knob between detentes caused some loss of functionality. I believe I read that seating the knob in a detente and rebooting fixes the issue.

I had no problems with functionality, I have never experienced the glitch, and the install was super simple. It might be my favorite mod!

#5057 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Crazy how that happens, right? I got over 1B at the LAX (someone else’s Premium). Now that I know the rules, I rarely crack 500M.

Rules always wreck your score at first BUT supposedly once you get good that's what gets you the "Big Money" scores.

Of course that never happens to me LOL.

#5058 2 years ago

Here is the latest mod for my friend Dave’s game. We discuss at the beginning of our podcast: The Classic Pinball Podcast.

09157AA8-780E-40F5-A1DE-CD9212EFC4B1 (resized).jpeg09157AA8-780E-40F5-A1DE-CD9212EFC4B1 (resized).jpeg
#5059 2 years ago

On the window ledge next to Rush…

2EC9B03E-C151-46B7-86C8-0692517F7CB8 (resized).jpeg2EC9B03E-C151-46B7-86C8-0692517F7CB8 (resized).jpegFFE941D5-054F-4C79-9029-DDAB452755E6 (resized).jpegFFE941D5-054F-4C79-9029-DDAB452755E6 (resized).jpeg
#5060 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Don't know about the rest of you, but I get a huge charge out of the normie reaction to music pins, which are much more accessible to that crowd than some other themes.

So far I've noticed that the few casuals who've played my Rush just keep hitting the dead-end VUK over and over and over and over. My wife was getting annoyed that it was the only thing she could hit...but then she kept doing it lol.

#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far I've noticed that the few casuals who've played my Rush just keep hitting the dead-end VUK over and over and over and over. My wife was getting annoyed that it was the only thing she could hit...but then she kept doing it lol.

Well...that's a quick way to finish a mode if you are in Spirit of Radio, otherwise not so helpful in terms of progression

#5062 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far I've noticed that the few casuals who've played my Rush just keep hitting the dead-end VUK over and over and over and over.

Yes! I have to tell them: “Stop shooting that, it’s not worth anything unless it’s lit.” Lol

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's definitely an issue with the game. I always have to point out to non-pinball people to shoot elsewhere but to be fair a lot of the shots are a bit tuff.

#5064 2 years ago

It’s always nice, to be looking through multiple storage containers, for something completely different, and come across a purchase from 20+ years ago

Completely forgot about these....

4070CA66-06BD-4628-9257-0E6FB3B7A341 (resized).jpeg4070CA66-06BD-4628-9257-0E6FB3B7A341 (resized).jpeg

#5065 2 years ago

Quick! Get that Queensryche away from the others before the cross contamination sets in!

#5066 2 years ago

I've had my All the World's a Stage CD since 1990, high school days. It's a survivor.

#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quick! Get that Queensryche away from the others before the cross contamination sets in!

I'd buy a Operation:Mindcrime or Empire pin in a heartbeat. Both great concept albums. Everything after that from them, not so much.

#5068 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've had my All the World's a Stage CD since 1990, high school days. It's a survivor.

Your might not be as old as you make yourself out to be.

#5069 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Your might not be as old as you make yourself out to be.

Are you hitting on me?
Cause I like it LOL

#5070 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd buy a Operation:Mindcrime or Empire pin in a heartbeat. Both great concept albums. Everything after that from them, not so much.

Never say never but I can't freaking stand Queensryche. Always despised them and Geoff Tate looks like a fucking Sleestak

#5071 2 years ago

All my metal buddies love em, don't give a shit.
Jukebox SKIP

#5072 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's definitely an issue with the game. I always have to point out to non-pinball people to shoot elsewhere but to be fair a lot of the shots are a bit tuff.

I don't think they're doing it on purpose...there's just something about that shot that's really easy for casuals to accidentally keep hitting.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never say never but I can't freaking stand Queensryche. Always despised them and Geoff Tate looks like a fucking Sleestak

You ended up liking some Rush songs you weren't previously into...maybe now you become a Queensryche fan!

#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude! Operation Mindcrime is a classic!

#5074 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Quoted from Craiger:

Half the “info” on here is circular reporting, so take with a grain of salt, but if I recall, one report of the issue was that booting the game with the volume knob between detentes caused some loss of functionality. I believe I read that seating the knob in a detente and rebooting fixes the issue.

I was one of the ones that experienced the detente issue, and it occurred with both the Stern OEM as well as the Pinballlife version. Craiger described it and the workaround perfectly.

#5075 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Are you hitting on me?
Cause I like it LOL

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

#5076 2 years ago

FreeWill Mulitiball drain out;

Anyone have Geddy say; “ A Celestial Voice Says ‘You Suck’”

#5077 2 years ago

My only problem with this game is that I constantly have Rush songs running through my head. Not the worst problem to have, though!

#5078 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

SCHMOOPIE!

#5079 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Dude! Operation Mindcrime is a classic!

No. Just no.

#5080 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All my metal buddies love em, don't give a shit.
Jukebox SKIP

Speaking of Rush and jukeboxes....

Jammin' to Rush right now on one of my jukeboxes.
DSC_6321 (resized).JPGDSC_6321 (resized).JPG

#5081 2 years ago

The wiki pulled together some of the accolades:
Classic Rock named it among the "10 essential progressive metal albums"

Loudwire ranked Operation: Mindcrime as the best heavy metal album of 1988. (this was significant because the ranking happened in 2017, so the music holds up)

Rolling Stone placed it 67th on their list of 'The 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time.

Give it some time. Operation Mindcrime is an unmistakably great album. Empire is also very good, just not quite as good as Mindcrime.

#5082 2 years ago

My friend Daryl would like a word...
I CAN'T GO FOR THAT.

#5083 2 years ago

If you’re quoting Hall and Oates then you’re right. Operation: Mindcrime might not be for you.

#5084 2 years ago

SAY IT ISN'T SO?

#5085 2 years ago

MANEATER.

#5086 2 years ago

I CANT STOP THINKING BIG
I CAN'T STOP THINKING BIG

#5087 2 years ago

You guys crack me up!

#5088 2 years ago

Fact: Queensryche sucks.
More Rush please!

#5089 2 years ago

Yes. But which Queensryche?

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My only problem with this game is that I constantly have Rush songs running through my head. Not the worst problem to have, though!

Same here. Need to listen to other things to get it out from time to time

#5092 2 years ago

ALL THAT YOU CAN DO IS WISH THEM WELL

#5093 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It’s ok Gryz, I know you’re only a 1/3 of the way through the Rush catalog, still plenty more music to enjoy

I almost fully agree with PinMonk, except I’d go one album further, Promised Land was a great album all the way through as well. From their EP to PL, I’m a fan. Much beyond that, I still have a hard time getting into it.

Queensryche and Rush, were great stamina builders, when practicing drumming.

#5094 2 years ago

OUCH lol

#5095 2 years ago

Honestly I'm stuck on Clockwork Angels.
Happy as hell that their last and final album was one of their finest.

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Operation Livecrime was an amazing concert!!

#5097 2 years ago

for those of you have the game figured out, are there certain modes or times where the time machine stops catching the ball and allows it to go all the way through instead of catching and kicking it out to the right? Mine had done that a few times intermittently, usually during multi ball. But tonight and one other night it seemed like after I’ve been playing for a while the magnet it just quit catching it was just allowing the ball to go through. Was wondering if this is a problem or a feature?

#5098 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:Honestly I'm stuck on Clockwork Angels.
Happy as hell that their last and final album was one of their finest.

It is a great album, as much as you’re starting to give these other albums a listen, spin Test For Echo a few times. I’d really be surprised if you didn’t start getting into that. There’s no way you can listen to it, and not start grooving on a few of the songs right away.

I will say with Rush, seeing them perform the material live, gives it a whole different dimension. To see and feel what they were attempting with the recording, completely changes the game. I wasn’t a huge fan of Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails, until I saw those tours, and witnessed the songs live. As much as I love the band, their studio recordings, just doesn’t represent them well enough. The talent is definitely there, but the mixing is a little dry.

#5099 2 years ago

Luckily there are pro shot blurays for the last few tours. I try to watch one of those every few weeks. The Clockwork Angels tour bluray with the string ensemble is classic, was lucky enough to see that tour at the ACC in 2012.

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The Clockwork Angels tour bluray with the string ensemble is classic

Lucky you. The Garden alone is phenomenal live.
We watch this one often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.