20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 358.
#5001 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Be careful boob. It appears recommended default is “never” until we all install this latest Stern kit switch fix.
Yay!

Just played a game and it seemed to work fine. I'll keep my eyes peeled in this thread to see if it becomes an issue for people. Thanks!

#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just played a game and it seemed to work fine. I'll keep my eyes peeled in this thread to see if it becomes an issue for people. Thanks!

I changed that setting from day one, and it’s always worked. I’m glad Stern has stepped up to take care of the issue for LEs.

#5003 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I changed that setting from day one, and it’s always worked. I’m glad Stern has stepped up to take care of the issue for LEs.

I changed as soon as I read about it reverting to default. No issues, any idea why stern did this?

#5004 2 years ago

Not liking the fact that this front scoop protector "fix" from Stern V3 prevents the ball from entering the front scoop from the sides now.
Changes the parameters of scoring just a tad...

#5005 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks, Steve. No idea why it doesn't default to that in the new code...and that's why I had no idea there was a setting for it.

Probably because you need the new fix for it to work well. Likely will be enabled by default in a future update. Ray has talked about using it.

#5006 2 years ago

Stern official hole protection kit video. Borg is a good instructor. So now I just need to get Stern to send it too me.

Change "Adjust scoop to lock balls" Always.

#5007 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks, Steve. No idea why it doesn't default to that in the new code...and that's why I had no idea there was a setting for it.

Rayday said it was defaulted at "off" for a reason, and to leave it that way until a future update when I asked about it. He didn't offer details.

#5008 2 years ago

Who has gameplay video with the new protector?

#5009 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Not liking the fact that this front scoop protector "fix" from Stern V3 prevents the ball from entering the front scoop from the sides now.
Changes the parameters of scoring just a tad...

It’s really easy to add and remove it, if you want to try it both ways. Let’s set aside the appearance for a minute, and I’ll tell you why I like it. First, it’s still really easy to make that shot. I’ve never had a problem collecting a Mystery when I really wanted it. Which leads to the important part: it’s harder to slop-collect the Mystery when I don’t want it. The simplest example of this is just before starting a MB. You want to save the Mystery for the last moment, when you’re down to one ball. Would rather have 2.5M?

#5010 2 years ago

Since we have such major Rush fans here, I thought I would repost this in this thread. So, living in Toronto and being a musician Ive been a Rush fan my whole life. As a matter of fact, my oldest son's God mother is friends with Geddy, but I digress...and, unfortunately, I have never met him...

After Neil's passing in early 2020 I was surfing all things Rush and found the address to his childhood home, I knew that Alex and Geddy were from a suburb north of Toronto and found their elementary school from a video they did and posted on Youtube. Backstory: my son is studying music and would like to develop a career in music, so I thought we could visit Rush spots and illustrate that Rush were just a bunch of kids, like he and his friends, growing up around Toronto and big stuff almost always starts from humble roots. This launched "Rush Day" Feb 8th, 2020.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

When a buddy of mine heard what I was doing he asked to come along. First stop, Neil's childhood home in St. Catherine's where he learned to play the drums all those years ago:

From there we visited Lakeside park, about 2 km from Neil's childhood home:

BTW, in the top right hand corner of the sign was a candle hung in memory of Neil.

...and if you know the lyrics to Lakeside park, you know why I took this pic...

From there we drove to North York where Alex and Geddy grew up and visited their old elementary school...

...and this is the park then names after Geddy and Alex...

We then shot downtown and did a drive by their management offices in Toronto and ended visiting Geddy's house and Alex's condo where I gave my kids 2112 and Moving pictures albums. At the beginning of the day, on the way to St Catherine's we read from an article Neil wrote in '94 about growing up in St. Catherine's https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/entertainment/music/2020/01/10/neil-peart-in-his-own-words-growing-up-in-st-catharines.html and on the way to Toronto we read excerpts from the Oral history of the band https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/toronto-star-05.2013.php and listened to RUSH the entire time. Was a totally memorable day and buddies of mine from Montreal want to do it with me on their next visit to Toronto. No better way to spend a Saturday than by driving around Toronto listening to Rush!! Hell, you may even see them on the road as I happened to see Geddy in 1990, as I lived quite close to him at the time...

#5011 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s really easy to add and remove it, if you want to try it both ways. Let’s set aside the appearance for a minute, and I’ll tell you why I like it. First, it’s still really easy to make that shot. I’ve never had a problem collecting a Mystery when I really wanted it. Which leads to the important part: it’s harder to slop-collect the Mystery when I don’t want it. The simplest example of this is just before starting a MB. You want to save the Mystery for the last moment, when you’re down to one ball. Would rather have 2.5M?

You make some valid points there (No pun intended).

So you have this protector installed with the blue side rubbers? What I can see happening is the ball strikes the rubber and bounces hard back SDTM.
There won't be a scoop eject timer to save the ball when that happens. Has this happened to you yet?

I wish my Popeye has some side rubbers for that center scoop. When the ball hits the sides of that heavy duty scoop entrance there is some serious clank and reject.

#5012 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Since we have such major Rush fans here, I thought I would repost this in this thread. So, living in Toronto and being a musician Ive been a Rush fan my whole life. As a matter of fact, my oldest son's God mother is friends with Geddy, but I digress...and, unfortunately, I have never met him...
After Neil's passing in early 2020 I was surfing all things Rush and found the address to his childhood home, I knew that Alex and Geddy were from a suburb north of Toronto and found their elementary school from a video they did and posted on Youtube. Backstory: my son is studying music and would like to develop a career in music, so I thought we could visit Rush spots and illustrate that Rush were just a bunch of kids, like he and his friends, growing up around Toronto and big stuff almost always starts from humble roots. This launched "Rush Day" Feb 8th, 2020.
[quoted image]
When a buddy of mine heard what I was doing he asked to come along. First stop, Neil's childhood home in St. Catherine's where he learned to play the drums all those years ago:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
BTW, in the top right hand corner of the sign was a candle hung in memory of Neil.
[quoted image]
From there we drove to North York where Alex and Geddy grew up and visited their old elementary school...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
We then shot downtown and did a drive by their management offices in Toronto and ended visiting Geddy's house and Alex's condo where I gave my kids 2112 and Moving pictures albums. At the beginning of the day, on the way to St Catherine's we read from an article Neil wrote in '94 about growing up in St. Catherine's https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/entertainment/music/2020/01/10/neil-peart-in-his-own-words-growing-up-in-st-catharines.html and on the way to Toronto we read excerpts from the Oral history of the band https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/toronto-star-05.2013.php and listened to RUSH the entire time. Was a totally memorable day and buddies of mine from Montreal want to do it with me on their next visit to Montreal. No better way to spend a Saturday than by driving around Toronto listening to Rush!! Hell, you may even see them on the road as I happened to see Geddy in 1990, as I lived quite close to him...

WOW
That's cool af man
That's some bucket list shit for us Rush fans

#5013 2 years ago
Quoted from madangelo:

La Villa is the last mode that I haven't completed. Had 11 of the 12 shots.

It can take some work to finish La Villa Strangiato, but as I found out there can be real point potential in that mode ...

20220331_211504.jpg20220331_211504.jpg
#5014 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
We then shot downtown and did a drive by their management offices in Toronto and ended visiting Geddy's house and Alex's condo where I gave my kids 2112 and Moving pictures albums. At the beginning of the day, on the way to St Catherine's we read from an article Neil wrote in '94 about growing up in St. Catherine's https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/entertainment/music/2020/01/10/neil-peart-in-his-own-words-growing-up-in-st-catharines.html and on the way to Toronto we read excerpts from the Oral history of the band https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/toronto-star-05.2013.php and listened to RUSH the entire time. Was a totally memorable day and buddies of mine from Montreal want to do it with me on their next visit to Toronto. No better way to spend a Saturday than by driving around Toronto listening to Rush!! Hell, you may even see them on the road as I happened to see Geddy in 1990, as I lived quite close to him at the time...

Excellent read.

#5015 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

So you have this protector installed with the blue side rubbers? What I can see happening is the ball strikes the rubber and bounces hard back SDTM.
There won't be a scoop eject timer to save the ball when that happens. Has this happened to you yet?

Maybe once every 50 games. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I’ll probably take the protector off for league night in a few weeks.

#5017 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Maybe once every 50 games. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I’ll probably take the protector off for league night in a few weeks.

If you have a playfield protector installed, you should be able to take the Idiot Sandwich off without risk anyway. The playfield protector should provide protection to the metal liner.

If you really want to be helpful, post a video of gameplay before and after, so people can see for themselves how ball trajectory is affected. I would love to see some hard caroms and doinks off those big blue rubbers.

#5018 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You need to take me on this tour this summer!

#5019 2 years ago

Couple of new mods arrived from England and Amazon last night.

20220411_221158 (resized).jpg20220411_221158 (resized).jpg
#5020 2 years ago

Tastefully done

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that locked 3 in there actually. Do I hear a 4?

I have never had a ball stay in there. Even when i shoot the scoop to lock balls. It still spits it out?

#5022 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Here's the official Stern scoop protector replacement link:
https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/

For what it's worth. Spoke with my distributor about said fix items. He stated that STERN is shipping the parts to him and will get them to me as soon as he receives them...whether I need them or not.

#5023 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Couple of new mods arrived from England and Amazon last night.
[quoted image]

Light up the headlights! I’ll have a few of these in stock with lit and interactive headlights.

#5024 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

You need to take me on this tour this summer!

If you don't do it on May 24th and end at the park you're doing it wrong

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I changed as soon as I read about it reverting to default. No issues, any idea why stern did this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/73#post-6844259

#5026 2 years ago

I'm trying my best not to clutter!

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

If you don't do it on May 24th and end at the park you're doing it wrong

I think you're right!

Will definitely do this tour one day soon. I live right in the middle of it!

#5027 2 years ago

after a month of just looking at my game, i finally got the Ninja protector and the playfield protector installed. The pf protector laid down so nice over the Ninja that i didn't see any reason to trim it and put the Ninja on top of it. Seems like the pf protector also protects the Ninja.

I've only played about 20 games or so on it, but I'm really liking this game. For those of you on the fence about upgrading to the pinwoofer kit, don't hesitate. It is awesome! It's so good it's got me considering putting it on my other games.

pf protector (resized).jpgpf protector (resized).jpgpf protector 2 (resized).jpgpf protector 2 (resized).jpgninja both scoops (resized).jpgninja both scoops (resized).jpg
#5028 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Probably because you need the new fix for it to work well. Likely will be enabled by default in a future update. Ray has talked about using it.

Does this have anything to do with the locked ball issue on the side scoop that gets lost or is that a coding issue?

#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Does this have anything to do with the locked ball issue on the side scoop that gets lost or is that a coding issue?

There are two problems with the ball getting lost at the upper scoop, both are related to the roller switch. If it NEVER registers, the switch is probably bad, even though it seems okay with a hand press in test mode. A few people just replaced the switch and the problems went away.

The main problem (and the likely reason for the Stern service bulletin and kit) is that the way the subway is shaped, the ball can intermittently come to rest away from the switch, not activating it at all in certain situations. The new kit supposedly takes care of this.

#5030 2 years ago

Odd, I've never had an issue. Others say the same. I guess if they send one I'll install

#5031 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The main problem (and the likely reason for the Stern service bulletin and kit) is that the way the subway is shaped, the ball can intermittently come to rest away from the switch, not activating it at all in certain situations. The new kit supposedly takes care of this.

It looks like the bracket moves the switch to a different location lower in the side scoop. Did they also change the roller actuator to something different or is it still a roller actuator?

Mine registers 100% in switch test when I drop a ball in. But during game play, I'd say 1 in 5 side scoop shots never register.

#5032 2 years ago

Got this puppy installed today.
Have a fav setting? Shoot me pm plz!

5FFE6892-F55B-4996-A83D-E845E9B44990 (resized).jpeg5FFE6892-F55B-4996-A83D-E845E9B44990 (resized).jpeg

#5033 2 years ago

Anyone else get the wrong translite in their Premium? Anyone else’s opto’s poop out after 3 days? Anyone else have problems with their game freezing up? Anyone else’s pin have a bunch of solder and burn marks inside it?

#5034 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It looks like the bracket moves the switch to a different location lower in the side scoop. Did they also change the roller actuator to something different or is it still a roller actuator?
Mine registers 100% in switch test when I drop a ball in. But during game play, I'd say 1 in 5 side scoop shots never register.

I assume they stayed with the roller switch, but I don't have a kit yet, so I dunno. I'd just say everyone with an LE should ask their dist for the scoop protector kit (502-8020-00) and the switch fix kit (Stern part#502-8018-00) shown in the service bulletins, whether they're currently noticing problems or not and just replace the subway switch that's there as a preventative task and stick the idiot sandwich protector in a drawer then go with a cliffy, ninja protector, or mylar instead.

#5036 2 years ago

Thank you so much for the ongoing support for our NinjaCamp scoop protectors. We're happy to announce that we have four new items added to our shop: VUK protector, scoop sleeves, ramp guards, and the inner loop fix. Check 'em out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods

#5037 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Got this puppy installed today.
Have a fav setting? Shoot me pm plz!
[quoted image]

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-

stern-spike2-rush-amplifier-settings/
It's amazing the difference, isn't it?

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Thank you so much for the ongoing support for our NinjaCamp scoop protectors. We're happy to announce that we have four new items added to our shop: VUK protector, scoop sleeves, ramp guards, and the inner loop fix. Check 'em out!

thanks just ask you on your thread...

#5039 2 years ago

Just ordered most. Just got the scoop protector and will install this weekend. Looking forward to the add ons!

#5040 2 years ago

Just ordered some more things from you.
Great work! Thank you

#5041 2 years ago

Hell yeah. Made my day - thank you for the inner loop fix.

#5042 2 years ago

I appreciate each and every one of you who have stuck with me since I announced my Red Barchetta mod three months ago ... I appreciate your patience through your desire for the best possible Barchetta mod. The last three months have been filled with insane work schedules at my day job, some much needed family vacations / activities, and many other orders to fill (particularly the Signals dalmatian/hydrant mod and Presto mod) in what little free time I had left. As such, progress has crept forward very slowly but there has been great progress -- and I'm happy to announce that I've begun shipping certain versions of the mod to some waitlisters!

My mod will be using what I believe is the nicest model available in this size. For those who haven't been following the independent thread, the mod will be available in a few different versions:
1) road & grassy shoulder, for the back left corner, with assorted road sign options
2) road-only scene, for the back left corner
3) one-lane bridge for over the ramp along the right wall.

Lit headlights (including being tied into game lighting for an interactive effect) will be an option for the road scenes. Steady headlights will be an option for the one-lane bridge.

Where it stands right now, any of my waitlisters who want the road-only or the road & shoulder WITHOUT lit headlights can contact me know to coordinate getting your mod to you. Those who want the one-lane bridge and/or lit headlights will have to hang on a little longer; I still need more time (due to the aforementioned work/life/side-gig time constraints) to finalize these configurations.

Here are some pics of the versions currently available. Personally, the grassy shoulder with Snakes & Arrows sign is my favorite -- especially if you have the Signals mod too, as the green grass on both sides of the game complement each other!

RB_RCP_corner2 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner2 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner1 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner1 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner4 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner4 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner3 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner3 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner5 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner5 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner6 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner6 (resized).jpg

RB_RCP_corner7 (resized).jpgRB_RCP_corner7 (resized).jpg

model1 (resized).pngmodel1 (resized).png

More details on development etc over at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion

#5043 2 years ago

Well now I'm a little confused. Do you guys consider that scoop an actual lock, or no? I know that in multiball, I've locked more than one ball in there. They don't stay long in there long, but during certain multiballs, they will. Locking scoop or no?

#5044 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well now I'm a little confused. Do you guys consider that scoop an actual lock, or no? I know that in multiball, I've locked more than one ball in there. They don't stay long in there long, but during certain multiballs, they will. Locking scoop or no?

Side scoop only for Far Cry multiball. Default right now is virtual locks. If I change it to a physical ball lock, it may keep the ball locked in there but typically spits it out at a random time before I lock the second ball in there. That scoop switch SUCKS.

#5045 2 years ago

I thought on Far Cry it was locking balls, just wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.
Thanks Mike.

#5046 2 years ago

My non-pinball neighbor came over tonight and we played for about an hour. He got over 80M on his first game, not bad at all for a guy missing one eye (baseball accident). When we finished playing, I asked him what he thought about the blue rubber guard over the bottom scoop. I didn’t give him any background on why it was there. He said “I like it, it looks good to me and it kinda guides the shot in.” I said “Did it ever mess you up?” And he said “nah, it’s fine”. Anyway, just another opinion to add to the pile.

#5047 2 years ago

NORMIES LOVE THE MARGE

#5048 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

NORMIES LOVE THE MARGE

Hell yeah, and this normie had a grin a mile wide after playing. I’ve loved watching his interest shift from LZ Pre, to Stranger Things Pro, to MET Pro to Rush Pre. And every time he does, he backs it up with a long explanation of why his new favorite is just a little better than his old favorite. There’s nothing better than normie opinions. He’s also a super-nice guy, the kind of neighbor you want looking out for your house while you’re gone.

#5049 2 years ago

Just ordered ALL! (Except for the scoop protector as I already have it installed and enjoying the game immensly with it in there.) =)

#5050 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My non-pinball neighbor came over tonight and we played for about an hour. He got over 80M on his first game, not bad at all for a guy missing one eye (baseball accident). When we finished playing, I asked him what he thought about the blue rubber guard over the bottom scoop. I didn’t give him any background on why it was there. He said “I like it, it looks good to me and it kinda guides the shot in.” I said “Did it ever mess you up?” And he said “nah, it’s fine”. Anyway, just another opinion to add to the pile.

Okay, later today I'm going to have my tax accountant take a look at my air conditioner problem.

Yes, please with the video - that may actually be helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/101?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.