pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I know we have a lot of gamers on here so I figured that we should have a Playstation thread where we can talk about current and upcoming Playstation games, systems, share user names or whatever. I got the idea from Eggberts Nintendo thread and thought it would be fun. I have always loved video games and that love has stuck with me since i was a kid. I am now 53 and i still love video games as much as ever. Unfortunately, I don’t get to play games as much as i used to due to work and just life in general but i still love gaming as much as ever.

My Playstation name is BcWho-Dey for anyone that would like to add me. I always play Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball but i have many other games i love also like Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, DIABLO 3, Hitman, etc etc etc. Any kind of game talk is welcome here but i would like to keep it focused on Playstation games mainly. Maybe it would be fun for us to compare TPA and Zen Pinball scores also? Did anyone get any new games for Christmas?

Currently playing:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Pinball Arcade
Zen Pinball FX3

#4 5 years ago

Played some COD WWll a bit ago. I haven’t played that game in awhile, had some pretty good fun with it. I didnt get the new COD because it looks like they are trying to make it like Fortnite and im not a fan of that game. COD needs to get back to their roots like they did in WWll and forget the futuristic jumping shit and fortnite stuff. They have a great game if they make it right, no need to copy what other companies are doing.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

who-dey knows I am on board. Loves me pinball arcade and Battlefield series. Tried lots of others but these are my staples. I am TheOldFatSurfer on PSN if you looking for me. Unfortunately not playing at the moment due to an infection from surgery which has put me in hospital till at least new year.
Be warned that I am good at PA

I hope you're feeling ok oldskool and i hope you get out of the hospital soon buddy! I wish that i liked Battlefield, i would play some with you if i did but i just dont like it for some reason.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've been playing since I was a kid and played my parents Atari 2600. I whored myself out around the neighborhood when the original NES was coming out and had the necessary $130 in less than a month, just in time for release day. Continued through the Nintendo systems only skipping the game cube. Still own all my playstations and Final Fantasy is my favorite series followed closely by Uncharted.
I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (playing through the additional content now) and was very impressed with the entire story line and playing mechanics. I played Diablo recently and enjoyed that as well but also like silly games like Ratchet & Clank of which I've played through every iteration multiple times. I prefer strategic games and shoot from cover like uncharted rather than the run and gun FPS's like Fallout and Farcry that my daughter is in to.
For a little nostalgia, I got the new Gauntlet and the kid and I had fun with that for a while. Worth the $10 as that was one of my other favorite series early on.

I started out on the Atari also lol. I never owned one myself but my buddy down the road had one and they had every single game that you could buy for it. Man we used to play the hell out of that thing and we thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I go back to those games now and i wonder why we ever liked them so much lol.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Psn monkeypdx
Fallout series is pretty much the only game I’m into.

Fallout 4 is awesome. Haven't played the new one yet but i hear its not getting good reviews. Have you played Fallout 76 yet?

#16 5 years ago

My all time favorite games were Socom 1 and Socom 2, man i would give anything to get those games back.

Anymore i just like to flip around on some pinball or maybe play a story based game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Red Dead etc. I seriously would pay 500 dollars for Socom 1 and 2 if Sony would remake them. That was the best online shooter ever. I spent thousands of hours on those games. They were so addicting that its not even funny.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Love this! FDZombiedawg is my Playstation alias. Love me some Twisted Metal 2! Popped my cherry with the demo disc on the non dual shock ps1 controllers. Rally Cross was the poop!
Only thing more terrifying then Resident Evil 2 was at the time—is my wait for my second NIB pin. I actually popped the shower curtain with my 12 gauge before i went to piss once. That game was great at suprises. And then SOCOM for PS2...?!
Bitch please. That was another level,

Lol...good post!!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Get ready for the Resident Evil 2 remake it looks f’in awesome so far, you might need to buy in a couple of spare shower curtains too

Oh yeah that's gonna be a sweet game there!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I use to play all the 1st person shooters. However a few years back I stopped playing everything except call of duty. At that time I also decided the only gaming I liked anymore had to be played against other live competitors. My obsession with online cod is like an addiction. When I buy a new TV my only concern is its imput lag rating. At our house we have 2 separate internet providers. Comcast which is direct wired to my ps4,(120mbs with nothing else connected) and Verizon which covers every other device in the house. I need to sit direct center of 65inchTV 2 pillows on my lap headphones on and turned up to max volume and no distractions. I've got to the point where I dont have to think, I just do. I've killed 108,881 people in the last year including 12,203 kills via my favorite weapon the good old shovel. Nothing more satisfying than running around killing people with a shovel when their shooting at you with machine guns. The moment that shovel splits their skull and the blood and brain matter covers your face is quite exhilarating, even more so when your able to extract it from their head quick enough to strike another. Nothing quite like a triple kill via the shovel. If you haven't, you need to. Free for all is my favorite game mode as its fast and furious with the first to 30 kills being the winner. Come join me and I'll introduce you to the shovel of truth. Screen name.....
i_kiL_

Oh so YOU were the A$$hole running around killing me with the shovel over and over and over a couple of nights ago huh?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Yes that would be me....I get love/hate letters from others all the time. I get recorded and reported at least once a day for cheating. lol
On a not so funny note...I went to play ffa yesterday on ww2 and it wasnt there. Might have to move on to the crappy new one which i bought on release day but been refusing to play cuz it sucks.

I was just joking, i dont know if it was you or not but someone was running around killing everybody with his shovel like a mad man lol.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just fired up Skyrim for the first time that I've owned for a year or so. Seems really clunky to play. The looting seems overly cumbersome and attacking is really awkward as you only swing in one direction (slowly) and you appear to have to turn your body with a fixed camera and then swing. I'm playing it in 3P so I'm sure that has a little to do with it but I saved it as soon as I got out of the first cave and put it back on the shelf. Meh..

My favorites right now are probably;

GTA V
Red Dead 2
TPA
ZEN FX 3
Diablo
Many others are great too.

Fallout 4 is a great RPG game and Diablo too of course.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve been enjoying the lastest 2 entries in the Assassins Creed series. I was really burnt out on the series although Black Flag was pretty entertaining, but with all the annual releases it was obvious they where pretty much just retheming the game.
But Origins and Odyssey not only have great themes/locations they have built the games from the ground up and added a lot of RPG elements, definitely worth a look Egypt and Greece are both awesome game worlds.

I played the very first one on PS4 but didnt complete it. It seemed like a good game though. I just tried Red Dead 2 online and im not sure about that yet, got to dig into it a little more before i decide. I cant say i had alot of fun though really, not giving up on it yet though because i dont really know what im doing yet. I love the story mode though for sure.

#42 5 years ago

Starting to get back into GTA V online, what a awesome game! Bought a nightclub last nite, hope i can make some money with it.

#43 5 years ago

The nightclub isn't making that great of returns so far, think i may have wasted a couple million dollars.

GTA V is a killer game though onilne and campaign both and i totally recommend it. Its on sale right now for $14.99. Best game on the PS4 imo.

#46 5 years ago

Just downloaded Monopoly for AUD $7.35 bargain.
Love the old board games brought into the modern era.

I have monopoly, maybe we can play it online if you want sometime? The only thing bad about monopoly is its different to trade and make deals. Thats not a big deal though because i dont generally want to trade much anyways. The game is fun though.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Resident Evil 2 Remake demo releases today, only 14 days until full release now, pre ordered months ago!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gonna have to try this demo out for sure. I bet its going to be a great game!

#59 5 years ago

Gran Turismo used to be so good, i cant believe they don't make that great again. Did you guys ever play that game called Blur on PS3? Man that was fun lol.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They are working on the next one, Yamauchi is a guy who takes his time. Rumor says it will be a ps5 launch title, there are a few images of their new graphic engine, if it ends up like that on the screen, the next GT will leave the planet speechless.

That would be awesome. Love to see Blur 2 also.

1 week later
#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I can't wait for "Last of Us 2". First one was so good.

Is there any release date set yet? I loved the first game and would buy the next one on day 1.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just completed Resident Evil 2 Remake A scenarios with both Leon and Claire, a couple of minor gripes regarding things left out compared to the original but overall a fantastic remake that sets the benchmark for all future remakes, loved every second!
Onto the B scenarios now and to S rank the game with Leon first, well hopefully Mr.X is a f**king nightmare in this remake!

I have seen people playing it on Twitch a little bit lately and the game looks amazing. Im gonna oick this one up I believe. How long did it take you to complete it would you say?

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

6-8 hours per scenario, it certainly helps knowing 90% what to do and where to go. I could complete the original quicker but Mr X in the REmake definitely adds some seconds to the clock he has a habit of showing up when you least want him to and he takes some time to loose/end his interaction.

Do you like the remake better than the original game?

#83 5 years ago

Im going to have to get the game soon j85. So many great games and so little time.

#85 5 years ago

Never played Kingdom Hearts. I sure would like to have my old Socom games back though i know that much!

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I remember the first Socom that came with the earset. Sitting in my dark room and going « Bravo attack to Charlie » that was good !
With modern voice recognition Socom would definitely be worth a new release
Btw you should really get into Kingdom Hearts it’s a one of a kind and my all time absolute favourite. Im on to a long night trying to wrap up RE2 so I can start KH3 tomorrow

Socom was great online. ..not so much in campaign mode though. I will look up Kingdom Hearts and see if it is something i would like. Glad you are getting it though after all these years. Sounds like you like it a lot.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Did not see this thread when I started RE2 remaie thread. Love me some PlayStation. Killing re2 right now but also playing red dead and just bought KH3!

Its cool. I just figured you may want to talk gaming here also sometime. Im going to dig back into Red Dead soon hopefully. I want RE2 but i need to finish some other games first. How far are you into Red Dead? Looks like they are trying to make the online better, hopefully they will succeed.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Confession of the day : I just received a delivery notification for Kingdom Hearts 3. I jumped from my desk, said I needed to rush home for an emergency and am now stuck in traffic while writing on pinside !

Lol thats pretty funny adol!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I have not even tried online. I'm actually not that far in. 14% it is a lot of fun but tends to take hours of gameplay that I don't usually have. I was trying to get about 6hrs/week on it. Def going to finish RE2 and most likely KH3 before finishing RD.

You sound like me. My job really gets in the way of my gaming and thats bullshit.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The second half of the story happened when I made it home, and found my daughter on the couch playing it. I only have one PS4 and one game, so I'm still on Pinside, while trying not to look at the tv and waiting for bed time, to finally get to play MY game (dammit !)

You are having some bad luck today lol.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I recently bought a playstation1
Not the remake, the real thing
It was looking so nice, like new!
Then i bought tekken 2, soulblade, whipeout and destruction derby
Oooh the nostalgia, im getting old huh
But it makes me smile

Destruction Derby...hell yeah! Lol love it

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And the curse goes on ! I had a day off today (planned for a while), and I was looking forward to a day playing KH3 while the kids are at school.
Turns out my daugther is sick (a cold nothing bad) and playing KH3 !

Im.thinking its time for another ps4 maybe!

1 week later
#107 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Anyone had a crack at the free to play Apex Legends out on PS4, XBOX and PC?
I just downloaded it and had a quick go.
Very smooth, has a HALO type feel and looks and plays gorgeous for something free.
Heaps of content coming in the seasons, a Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout killer? Just might be.
Give it a go and see what you think

Thanks, will definitely look at it.

#109 5 years ago

Should be about time for some new Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball tables shouldn’t it?

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I haven’t touched a pinball video game since the one in Windows 95, space something. You’re right maybe I should give it another shot !

Heck yes you should! You cant buy any Williams tables on Pinball Arcade unfortunately anymore but Zen is starting to make them. Zen pinball FX3 has some beautiful tables though and they are reasonably priced. They are good fun.

#116 5 years ago

Any of you guys ever play the Hitman games? If so what do you think about them?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to Hitman! The series has always done this, they are very much a thinking man’s game, which is quite rare in this day and age where movies and games hold the audiences hand and explain/guide them through everything.
As you said Taylor once you get into the game and know what to look for it becomes a superb and fresh gaming experience, the biggest issue people have with Hitman (the newest Hitman 2 is pheromones BTW) is above all else it requires patience.
There’s a few levels in Hitman 2 thst I’m playing currently where your watching your target for a good 10/15mins to workout their routine and then scouting ahead to set up the best possible kill situation, only to come back and ensure they continue on route as planned, I often set up a back up kill incase something diverts the target from my main kill.

Sounds like you are really into the game big time lol. I like it but i gotta admit i suck at it. I don't have enough patience.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha yeah I am dude, I like games with cool storylines (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill) which is probably why I love my BM66 so much it’s like playing episodes of the show.
And thinking games are great, especially in this day and age where everything comes with a tutorial, Hitman is old school work it out or die gaming, Hitman Absolution is probably the most approachable in the series which has just been remastered for PS4, it’s a little more faster paced than the others so that’s a great junping in point for the franchise!

Ive got the first one that came out on PS4 a couple years ago but ive only played like 2 or 3 missions. I really need to play that game. It seems fun.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Do you knock out a waiter, steal his uniform and poison his food with fugu or take him out from a distance, or one of the forty other ways to do him in lol.

I got into it and tried to get the top level grading each go.

I can definitely see how some people don’t like that slow pace though.

Yeah i definitely steal uniforms when i can. I think thats a must lol. Sometimes that still doesn't help you and a guard stops you and im shitting my pants the whole time when they get suspicious of me.

#128 5 years ago

I see that Rainbow Six Siege is free to play this weekend. I may give that a look if I can find the time. Looks like a good game.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If you liked DD wait until Wreckfest comes out. Some time this year they've been saying. It's an absolute blast online for PC and I think the same will happen on the PS4

Cant wait to see that!

1 month later
#147 5 years ago

Has anyone heard how The Division 2 is yet? Looks pretty cool.

2 weeks later
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Advance apologies if this has been asked before.
I just bought a couple of new TVs (Samsung 75") and now when I play pinball on my PS4 and Switch I sometimes get what I would call ball flutter. The ball kind of flashes on occasion.
I checked the settings and the TV automatically changes to game mode whenever I turn on either system.
Any ideas?

Hmm thats strange. I have heard of this happening before but its always been because game mode wasnt on.

1 week later
#152 5 years ago

Anyone getting the Days gone game? I think it comes out tonight maybe. Looks like it could be fun.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m getting it, should be arriving tomorrow (I preordered).

Sorry buddy i didn't see where you posted that earlier. It looks like a pretty good game. Please let us know how it is.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

The reviews were nothing but Luke warm......

Yeah i saw that..kind of surprising.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I received it yesterday and recommend. The game is very entertaining and worth playing. IMO the best open world zombie apocalypse game you can buy... approachable, fun and beautiful.

Reviews are definitely not always correct. Glad that you like the game. I seen some gameplay on Twitch and it looks fun to me.

#161 4 years ago

Man of Medan is what I am looking forward to along with my C64 mini which is on the way!

Holy crap oldskool, thats a day one buy for me buddy! I loved Until Dawn. I wish they would give a better idea of when that is coming out other than 2019 lol.

What is my c64 mini?

#163 4 years ago

I had no idea they made such a thing. Pretty cool!

1 month later
#165 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’ve been playing Days Gone these past few weeks and highly recommend it. One of the best games I’ve played in the bast few years. If anyone is on the fence, check it out.

Yes it looks great!

1 week later
#167 4 years ago

I have been getting back into playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again, really enjoying this game.

4 months later
#169 4 years ago

Ok who all is excited for the new Modern Warfare? I have all but given up on Call of Duty but something tells me that this new game is going to be amazing! I will be patiently waiting to play it Thursday at midnight with pizza and mountain dew at my side getting ready for an all nighter. I'm 54 years old but I still enjoy these launch nights like I'm a kid!

1 week later
#170 4 years ago

Played the new Modern Warfare all night last night and had a blast. Call of duty is back!

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Im waiting for mine ! Haven’t touched a COD in years, they lost me on the way, but Im still a big fan of modern warfare, so really excited !

I am really loving this game. The campaign and the multiplayer both are phenomenal. Let me know how you like it. They hit a home run with this COD here in my opinion.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I'm loving it too! Like most people I had given up on the COD series but this game is awesome so far.

They definitely did a great job on this game. I will be playing the hell out of this for a long time to come.

1 week later
#179 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Last night reminded me how much I hate modern gaming. I sent the wife away, put the kids to bed early and was finally ready for a modern warfare night.
I put the disc in, 25 minutes install no big deal just enough time to make popcorns.
I launch the game, solo is grayed « needs full install », launch an update.... 9 hours download.
So long modern warfare night !

Yeah it's a HUGE download but so worth it in my opinion. That does suck though, bet you were really disappointed.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I finally started it, and probably am close to finishing it. It's definitely brief, but wow it's super intense, and very satisfying. Every second of the campaign is worth playing, I'm back to being a big fan of Call of Duty !
It still has the usual plague of the series, mostly that you are walked by the hand during the whole campaign, there is always someone telling you where to go and what to do, while you can still hide and let your team mates do the job. It's the opposite of Wolfenstein that still tops my list of FPS but it's a great popcorn game. I like how the game doesn't feature super hero grade defense and forces you to be careful while going out to frag.
On the political side, it's an interesting mix of fictional and real events, I'm sure the Russians must be a bit pissed about it !

I haven't got to play but just a little bit of the campaign but I cant wait to play it. I hear that it is amazing.

1 month later
#183 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Resident Evil 3 Remake yeah baby!!!
Resident Evil 2 Remake was my GOTY for 2019.

I just got the RE2 remake, is it pretty awesome? How long will it take me to beat it you think?

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Around 35 hours to play both files. I restarted on hardcore after I beat it but didn't make it far. Lol

Are you talking about 35 hours if you play Chris and Jill both? I heard that the remake wasnt worth playing both characters because the story doesnt change much or something like that.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I played both and enjoyed every minute, GOTY.

I gotta get on that soon. I bought it on black Friday for like 20 bucks, almost 70% off. I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

3 months later
#204 4 years ago

I have wreckfest and need to play it some more. I am also slightly interested in this maybe, what do you think? Its also online co op.

#206 3 years ago

Guys for anyone interested SnowRunner is a really fun game!

1 month later
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Due to an ongoing/slow healing elbow injury I haven't been able to play pinball for the last few months - or even the next few probably. So with the money saved from all the cancelled tournaments, reduced socialising etc. I bought myself a PS4 to keep me entertained.
The last 2 consoles I owned were the Dreamcast and Wii, so it shows how long I've been out of the game!
I bought a few games to get started (in the order I've enjoyed them):
Sniper Elite 4 (since got SE2 & 3)
Unchartered 4 (since got the free downloads of 1-3)
COD (free download)
Red Dead Redemption 2
World of Warships (free Download)
GTA5
Crash Bandicoot
Fifa 20
Journey (free Download)
I've just about finished the majority of the solo objectives in UC & SE, haven't played much of RDR2 yet and about to launch into that fully.
A couple of points:
Feel free to add me (WWJPin) if you're interested in joining up for CoOp games, or even just to get in touch.
What games would you recommend as my next game purchase based on my preference for the UC & SE series?
I've looked at both the Hitman and Assassins Creed series - these look like a similar style game play / story wise.

Some good games you have been playing there. I like RDR2 a lot, going to get back into that again soon. So many good games and so little time to play them.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I don't think it will be playable right away. They allow early download but they will unlock it tomorrow.

It should be playable at midnight. That's how it always is.

#228 3 years ago

Who's getting a PS5 on launch day?

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That and the crazy boss at the end of Octopath Traveler were just too ridiculous for me, and I didn't beat them. Fortunately they aren't crucial to completing the game/story.
As far as PS5 goes, I'll be really interested when the HZD, GoW and/or Spider-Man sequels are available, but likely not a first-day buy for me.

I may not be buying a PS5 at release either. I cant decide yet. No launch games that I consider a must have really so I may wait possibly

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

5 hours In TLOU2 and meh, I wasn't expecting complete revolution but it feels like playing a long DLC that cost 60$ and took 7 years to make.
Same action, same patterns, more talking, actually way more talking with long and slow conversations that have less impact than what used to be some real character and story building in the first episode.
I guess it's a payback from the first one where they explored everything that survivors could do in an apocalypse setting. Except going to Mars there wasn't much more to do.
Anyways I'll keep going, it's not unpleasant it's just slightly boring without much hooks to stay stuck to my chair.

I love the clickers! Are they in this game?

#247 3 years ago

Why do they feel the need to put in gay characters anyways? So dumb. I cant watch TV anymore because of this BS and now they are putting it into my video games too. No thanks

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm not sure it's the right place to discuss that, but it's all about depicting reality. This is the world we live in, with diverse people happy to live the way they choose to. And it takes some efforts to make it become culturally acceptable, I'm thankful to Naughty Dog for that just the same way as was thankful for Gene Rodenberry back in the days who went against public opinion and his own producers to film the first inter racial kiss in TV history.
I was even happy that I could play a Jew in South Park !

I'm not against it, people are free to be whatever they want to be but I'm tired of having it shoved down my throat constantly is all. I'm not really mad about it, I just think its stupid. It's not normal and its never going to be normal and it also goes against what the bible says so I just wish people would stop trying to make me accept it as being normal is all.

I know it sounds like I'm ranting but I'm honestly not, just tired of all the bullshit. I play video games to relax and have fun. I dont need or want politics and other things in my video games. Now I see why everyone is mad about this game.

#251 3 years ago

It's funny how you cant even talk about this stuff in today's society without being considered a terrible person and hater. I dont hate or dislike anyone at all. I just dont want people telling me how I have to think, who I have to like, and what I have to accept as being normal. There is this big push to make everyone accept all of this crazy BS and if you dont then you are a racist, sexist, bigot, or whatever. I am none of those things and I have friends of every race, color and gender.

I just want to live in a world where people arent trying to force their agenda down my throat. I dont do that shit to people and I dont want anyone doing it to me. I just want to go home and play a non political or agenda driven video game or turn on a sporting even and not have to see a bunch of dumbasses kneeling during the national anthem and relax. Is that too much to ask for?

I also.want to eat my damn pancakes and look at Aunt Jamima on the box. Sheesh.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think what's peculiar about this game is that even more than the first game, it feels like the plague is really completely in the background. It often felt that way in the original, but there was a balance to some degree.
My issues at about 12 hours in, are more large based character arc and the entire plot really being immersed in more of a Springer style personal melodrama, than a larger than life plot that deals with the characters trying to change the world within.
Gameplay has always been peculiar in this series, much like how Uncharted developed with the second game and more so with each release. I often feel more frustrated by gameplay, than pulled in by it, as the intense melodrama gets cut into by overdrawn action scenes. Then in reverse, sometimes action sequences feel cut off by an interjection of character interaction. It's a weird balance that sometimes feels more bogged down than fluid.
I also get tired of scouring every corner of a map, (which in this game even more so than the original, is more sprawling and confusing at times) for collectables and ammo/crafting items. It's an odd gameplay loop that feels more hamster in a wheel, than natural and fluid.
As far as Ellie's characterization and romance, it's definitely blanketing/suffocating at times. I feel like if this was a hetero based relationship with a young man, no one would cheer it on or curse it for existing. So in that sense it feels a bit sensationalist more so than substantial in that aspect. It's an element of drama that feels less compelling for me than the nurture and growth that was presented for both Ellie and Joel in their process of learning about one another in the prior game. The original title always focused on Ellie being the chosen one, but it also focused on Joel overcoming his grief by befriending someone he never intended to, on top of the overall world building and the attempt at resolving the plague. It felt like the two leads, and the backdrop, all balanced the game direction really, really well.
This so far, just feels a bit lost in why it exists, and via it's birth, somewhat dilutes the brilliance of the stength of the original two leads from the first game.

You should get a job at IGN reviewing video games Wes!

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

there is a disclaimer on the back of the game for sexual content

Did it actually say there's gay sex and transsexuals in this game? I didn't buy the game but I had planned on it since I liked the first one so much but I definitely wont be buying it now I can guarantee you that much. I just cant believe that a company would be so idiotic with such a hot hot selling title.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ultimately I wish more people just shut the hell up, and listened more than spoke. Myself included

I agree with most of what you say but you arent going to change peoples mind about things like being gay, you just cant do it not should you try to.

I can guarantee you right now that they got pressure from the LGBTQ people and they felt forced to do this. I may not listen to other people's abnormal and anti Christian beliefs but I also dont go around trying to push my beliefs on people either. The sad part about this stupid ass world is I cant even mention the word Christian on here or anywhere else without being moderated or told that I'm not allowed to say it. People act like it's a bad thing or something.

I'm not trying to preach and I'm not even a religious person but when people start putting stuff like this ahead of Chrisianity then we got a major problem on our hands. Our society has completely lost its morals.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is nothing new there, Ellie already kissed a girl in the first episode DLC called Left behind. That was 6 years ago.
TLOU2 just got the record of the fastest selling video game in history, so I don't think people mind much or there aren't that many people that actually care.

Yeah but lots of people are pissed off. People are taking their games back and trying to get their money back and everything. I just dont see the need to make things so controversial. They had to know that they were risking losing a big part of their fanbase by doing this.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there a way to ignore someone but not lose the threads he happened to create? Took him off the day the game came out, but this is a disgrace.

What is a disgrace? Having a different opinion than you? I dont understand for real?

#263 3 years ago

No doubt oldskool. Everyone is soft and looking for reasons to be offended these days. There are still some good younger people out there but they are few and far between these days let me tell ya. There are some though for sure.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Guys please quit shoving your gayness down WhoDey’s throat!!

Lol that just doesn't sound right at all.

#273 3 years ago

It is a personal view NOT an ignorant one, one of which I happen to agree with BTW.
Ignorant as a word or term of justification is used way too much these days by people who disagree with a certain view in an attempt to shut or put someone down.
Very bad choice of words on your behalf IMO Wolfmarsh.
You're a top bloke Who-Day and don't be told you can do better.

I agree dude but I just chose to let it go. I guess I cant say much because I call people dumbasses all the time for believing the way that he does but I would have never called him that because I have always thought he was cool guy.

With all that said though i dont really give a shit and i am not changing who i am for nobody, which was EXACTLY the point of the whole post that i made. I am tired of people telling me what i must accept and who i have to like and all this crap. I am an adult and i will decide those things on my own.

Thanks for having my back. It's all good and I wont be losing any sleep tonight over his comments.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Except that racism is not a religious belief.

Racism was never what I was talking about so please don't go there because that is something that I am not.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wasn't answering you, I was answering wolfmarsh .

Oh ok gotcha.....sorry.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

You mean the fanbase who are homophobes including yourself.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

All I know is resident evil VIIIage better be in freaking vr. I'll buy a ps5 day one in preparation.

I would be shocked if it wasnt VR. That is the only title that might get me to buy a PS5 at launch. I love the RE games.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I for some reason can't play anything first person. Maybe I'm too old and I missed that wave of FPS games. I just can't run one direction while jumping and aiming in another direction. Makes me motion sick. Even something like WOW, I have to use max camera distance. I was always more into RPG, RTS, and adventure games than anything.

That's very common with alot of people young and old. I've never had that problem with shooters but Guitar Hero does that to me.

3 weeks later
#287 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The game is plagued by a horribly repetitive gameplay

I have heard several people say this.

2 months later
#288 3 years ago

Who got their PS5 pre order in today? I had to work but my gf went to gamestop for me and she got the last one! Woo Hoo....cant wait!!

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed, I'll need a game out that I want to play first. Not really looking to have one early just to sit and wait for a game to come along.

Lots of great games coming and this thing is going to be sick. Watch this whenever you get a chance. This truly is next gen and it's not just talk.

#297 3 years ago

I got the disc less version. I was gonna get the blue ray drive but they were sold out and i like digital games better anyway because i hate changing the disc in and out. The consoles are identical except for the blue ray drive. The games look amazing on this thing, cant wait to get it. Resident Evil and Demon Souls, odd world, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman.....man these games look sweet! I didn't think I would like the white console either but after getting a closer look at it i like it.

#304 3 years ago

HAD a pre order for nearly two months and was super excited to order the ps5 on release.
Well just got fxxked in the arse as The Gamesmen in Sydney just cancelled my pre order for no reason and do you think I can get one anywhere else?
NOT A HOPE IN HELL
closest pre order was 2021
DING DANG!
oh well, back to pinball

That is BS, i would be pissed. Hopefully they will be available pretty quickly for people after the initial launch.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I got a pre-order for the digital version as well. The only time I buy physical discs any more is when I buy them from a co-worker or friend. It's so much easier to buy games from the Playstation Store, especially when they have a kick ass sale going on. If there aren't enough games that interest me at launch I'll just sell this one off to someone I know (not for profit) and pick one up down the road. Really looking forward to new Resident Evil and Horizon games.

I love digital games. I mean don't get me wrong, i loved the midnight releases at Gamestop when there would be like 400 people waiting in line to get their copy of Call of Duty but the convenience of digital games is so awesome that i just don't want to buy physical copies anymore. I have a friend that is so pissed off about digital games That he’s about ready to go off the deep end. I keep telling him that he may as well scratch his ass and get glad because there will be no physical copies soon and he refuses to believe it. Then i tell him that physical games should cost more money and that makes his head explode again lol.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I missed the boat on pre order and am super bummed. Just been really busy and forgot all about it. Oh well. Hopefully ilk get one soon. Pre order spots on e bay are already out of control.

It's ok man there will be more available soon, just hang in there.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

This guy needs to re-examine his life (to the extent he has one).

Lol man if you seen his rants on this subject you would seriously pee your pants from laughing so hard. He's not the smartest guy in the world and it's just hilarious to get him ranting about it. He says its costing people their jobs at gamestop and they have children to feed and all kinds of crazy stuff lol. He is a trip I tell ya. I tell him he's like a Caveman living in the stone age ......its so funny.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I saw the PS5 preorders when they were available but I didn't bite. I usually wait until the next instance of a new console comes out. Let them work out the bugs with the people that have to have them on day one. The next iteration will have better specs and probably be cheaper.
I just got my PS4 18 months ago.

I ain't skeered! I cant wait until November 12th to get mine.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got in the hype and pre ordered a ps, the disc version. Then I figured I should get some games and found nothing of interest to buy, so it will be my first game less system since I got into gaming.
I don't recall any day 1 launch being so thin in games, it looks like Sony didn't deliver the sdk in time to allow developers to make games.

I think the list is pretty good actually and there is a bunch of great games coming very soon after launch....like really soon after launch. Also don't forget that PS Plus members get to play all of the Playstation 4 exclusives for free. That's pretty huge also in my opinion.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Same. Ordered the full-strength PS5, then went back and ordered an extra controller. Then took a look through the launch games and... what a wasteland. Probably end up ordering Demon’s Souls just because I’ve never played it.

Consoles always could use more launch games but this isnt that bad honestly and there will be a lot games coming out quickly. If you think the PS5 has a weak launch lineup, check out the XBOX, it really is bad. Only thing I'm disappointed in is the small hard drive. It's going to cost us a good chunk of money to add more hard drive space when it comes time to do so.

#321 3 years ago

That wont work on a PS5, its gotta be a SSD hard drive. Seems like they are about $169.00 for a 1TB.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think they’re both pretty bad. Tried to preorder ps5 but didn’t get in.

Sony promises more pre orders are coming. It their way of saying sorry for the pre order debacle.......so they say anyways. The problem is when people know when they are going on sale these scalpers swoop in and grab them up so they can sell them on Ebay for a grand.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great, glad ya got one! I preordered a disk and diskless one from Amazon, will cancel one of them. What are your thoughts on going all digital this generation versus staying with disks? I'm still on the fence.
The PS Plus Collection announcement was also a nice surprise.
https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21440383/the-playstation-plus-collection-complete-game-list-release-date-price

For me, I personally like and bought the all digital. I would have paid the extra for the blue ray player but they were out and it didnt matter anyways because I download my games anyway. I dont buy every game that comes out, pretty much only games that I will play for years like GTA, Diablo, Red Dead Redemption and stuff like that....in other words games I wouldn't be trading back in.

I do like the NHL game and I will buy a few games like Resident Evil that I may only play through once and never play again but I usually scoop up games like that on black Friday after they have been out a couple years and I can get them dirt cheap. The sports games though are only worth about two dollars trade in so I'd rather just give them to someone else if I'm only gonna get two or three dollars out of them.

I have no problem going digital though. Its convenient as hell and I don't have all those games sitting around. To each his own I guess. They claim that digital sales account for 85% of all game sales so if that's true the future os definitely going to be digital like it or not I would say. Game companies like that better also because theres alot more profit in digital games.

I'm 55 years old and I still get as excited about video games as I did when I was a kid. I dont know if that's weird or not but if it is I'm ok with it because I love it. I know a guy who is 75 that plays call.of duty every night online and hes pretty decent. If I live that long 8 hope that I can do the same thing.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Im in for digital, as long as I don't have to wait to play games. I can't stand load times. I was going to go xbox, but their game line up is terrible

According to Sony the PS5 will have like no load times at all because of the SSD hard drive. Its supposed to to load games up instantly where the XBOX will not. I'm not knocking XBOX either because it's a great system as well, just saying.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Dude, that's all I need to hear. I got a first gen ps4. Playing battlefront 2 was rediculous. 3-4 minutes to load a map. It's unplayable. Are the games all download or some on disc?

They make two consoles. One has a disc for 499 and one is download only with no disc for 399. Also if you get a PS Plus membership you can play all the exclusive games that were on the PS4 for free and theres a bunch of great games.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

how long did the preorder boat last anyway?

It sold out pretty much instantly from what I understand. Most stores didn't get many of them at all I dont think.

1 week later
#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I got lucky and got a Xbox Series X preorder. I was on the fence about PS5 this time because the new games I want to play are still coming out on PS4, and I haven't had an Xbox in a few gens. I'll still grab a PS5 down the road but I didn't feel the need to rush especially after the sony preorders shut me out.

Get both...win win! I dont think the preorder fiasco was Sony's fault. The stores started selling the pre orders early. Pretty sure that wasnt a Sony decision.

1 week later
#345 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

I don't see any need myself to pre-order a PS5... I will get one though as soon there is a game I want to play that I can not play on the PS4, or the PS4 breaks. The last few games I have just bought digitally, so I will just get the digital version myself.
I never finished RDR2 so I have been trying to wrap that up now. When I played it before, I didn't like all the riding around. Now I just put in cinematic view and sip some Bourbon and I don't care how long it takes. Thanks 2020

I didnt really see a need to get one yet either, I just jumped on the opportunity to get one more than anything because I know that I'm getting one no matter what anyways. Still plenty of goodness left in the PS4 for sure.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

SSD and pcie4, that brings the price up to 200 for now but it will go down as always.
But this is only an additional drive. The system hdd is soldered on the main board and won't be easy to replace that's where I'm more concerned.

Hopefully it wont fo out. If it does may just have to get another system. That would suck for sure.

2 weeks later
#352 3 years ago

Nice, I'm looking forward to getting mine as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.