pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Spider-Man

Those 3 are pretty much keeping my PS4 warm this winter

Horizon is also one of the best games I’ve ever played, my favourite series being Metal Gear Solid & Silent Hill - I like a good storyline with lots of twists and Horizon delivers!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I bought a PS4 on Black Friday. First time I've played a video game other than Tiger Woods Golf since around 2000. All I've played so far is Horizon Zero Dawn. I've spent around 100 hours on it. Beat it a couple weeks ago, but I only had about 40% of the game completed, so I've been going back and completing side quests. Did the Frozen Wilds expansion over the weekend. Pretty cool game. I pretty much beat it using only standard arrows and fire arrows. I haven't learned to use any of the traps or special weapons. Some of those larger machines must have taken 1000 standard arrow shots to kill.

Yeah it’s amazing the scope and size of the game but I never found myself bored the setting of the world in game is brilliant and becomes more interesting as you get deeper into the story, which I found great. And combat is pretty fun and varied but 1000 arrows? Man your crazy

On the harder difficulties those traps really help to take down the fast/bigger and more vicious enemies, also helps to keep the combat varied. Its also a lot of fun and satisfying setting up a series of traps and luring an enemy or group into your setup for an easy kill.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Love this! FDZombiedawg is my Playstation alias. Love me some Twisted Metal 2! Popped my cherry with the demo disc on the non dual shock ps1 controllers. Rally Cross was the poop!
Only thing more terrifying then Resident Evil 2 was at the time—is my wait for my second NIB pin. I actually popped the shower curtain with my 12 gauge before i went to piss once. That game was great at suprises. And then SOCOM for PS2...?!
Bitch please. That was another level,

Get ready for the Resident Evil 2 remake it looks f’in awesome so far, you might need to buy in a couple of spare shower curtains too

1 week later
#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fallout 4 is a great RPG game and Diablo too of course.

I’ve been enjoying the lastest 2 entries in the Assassins Creed series. I was really burnt out on the series although Black Flag was pretty entertaining, but with all the annual releases it was obvious they where pretty much just retheming the game.

But Origins and Odyssey not only have great themes/locations they have built the games from the ground up and added a lot of RPG elements, definitely worth a look Egypt and Greece are both awesome game worlds.

1 week later
#44 5 years ago

Resident Evil 2 Remake demo releases today, only 14 days until full release now, pre ordered months ago!
208FA9CB-6B76-4587-8136-C8B94711198F.jpeg208FA9CB-6B76-4587-8136-C8B94711198F.jpegF366DB8F-E95F-4C92-820E-A73CB600B477.gifF366DB8F-E95F-4C92-820E-A73CB600B477.gif90B1FF67-86E3-4F46-A1F0-FF88F4361D02.gif90B1FF67-86E3-4F46-A1F0-FF88F4361D02.gif

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gonna have to try this demo out for sure. I bet its going to be a great game!

Spent an hour on the demo (downloaded it from 2 separate accounts as it’s limited to 30mins) and first impression it blew me away!

This is finally resident evil in the modern era, if anyone loved the old ps1 and ps2 resident evil games and found 4 to be the last decent entry in the series you need to check this out.

2 weeks later
#76 5 years ago

Just completed Resident Evil 2 Remake A scenarios with both Leon and Claire, a couple of minor gripes regarding things left out compared to the original but overall a fantastic remake that sets the benchmark for all future remakes, loved every second!

Onto the B scenarios now and to S rank the game with Leon first, well hopefully Mr.X is a f**king nightmare in this remake!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have seen people playing it on Twitch a little bit lately and the game looks amazing. Im gonna oick this one up I believe. How long did it take you to complete it would you say?

6-8 hours per scenario, it certainly helps knowing 90% what to do and where to go. I could complete the original quicker but Mr X in the REmake definitely adds some seconds to the clock he has a habit of showing up when you least want him to and he takes some time to loose/end his interaction.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you like the remake better than the original game?

The original was one of my favourite games ever so I don’t say this lightly - the REmake blows it out of the water!

Other than a couple of gripes most of which are small

*****spoiler*****

your no longer able to find brad vickers the pilot from alpha team (resi 1) as a zombie below the front of the police station instead it’s a recruitment poster which isn’t as good but still cool and a nice nod to the original

*****spoiler ends*****

other than tiny things like that which only the most anal of resi fans like me will probably notice and be bugged by the REmake is better in every way, a good example is Mr X he is absolutely fantastic and a complete game changer in the REmake, although he feels a little like Nemesis now as he stalks you a lot more than the original it is a great feeling of dredd when you hear his stomping footsteps getting louder and louder as he closes in on you.

Can’t wait to see what Capcom do with the rumoured R3make that they are supposedly already well in development on.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, loved the original and think the Remake is incredible. Its too tense!! In a good way. Are they remaking Resident Evil 3?

Capcom hasnt confirmed anything but the guy on the Resi forums that usually leaks what is coming - he leaked a lot about Resi 7 and almost all of it turned out to be true aswell as the DLCs.

Well he posted last year October or November I think, that following the completion of REmake 2 Capcom where so confident with it that the same team went straight into development of remaking Resi 3 and that it is currently well into development.

I also think after completing REmake 2 several times now that the updated Mr X mechanics in game are possibly result of Capcom laying the foundations for Nemesis in a Resi3 REmake.

I know during the original Resident Evil 3s development they wanted to have Nemesis able to stalk you a lot more randomly and break through walls and doors in a less scripted way, Mr X in Resi2 REmake is kinda halfway there and a very solid foundation for greatly enhanced Nemesis.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Turns out my daugther is sick (a cold nothing bad) and playing KH3 !

Ah the old cold & cough when a new release comes out, its an oldie but a goodie, a classic if you will, looks like someone outsmarted their dad

Well played young lady well played

1 week later
#115 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

KH3 is soooo sweet. God they killed it! I've been watching my wife and kid play and explaining how it works for them (helping on tough battles) so awesome. I'm almost done with Clare's file on RE2R game is epic. May do hardcore w/ both charectors before I start KH3 on my own.

If your going to attempt Hardcore I highly recommend getting the infinite ammo handgun, I tried without it and it was a slaughter fest!

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

However after the tutorial it's really hard to figure out what to do, they just throw you into a mission with two targets and no help.

Welcome to Hitman! The series has always done this, they are very much a thinking man’s game, which is quite rare in this day and age where movies and games hold the audiences hand and explain/guide them through everything.

As you said Taylor once you get into the game and know what to look for it becomes a superb and fresh gaming experience, the biggest issue people have with Hitman (the newest Hitman 2 is phenomenal BTW) is above all else it requires patience.

There’s a few levels in Hitman 2 thst I’m playing currently where your watching your target for a good 10/15mins to workout their routine and then scouting ahead to set up the best possible kill situation, only to come back and ensure they continue on route as planned, I often set up a back up kill incase something diverts the target from my main kill.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you are really into the game big time lol. I like it but i gotta admit i suck at it. I don't have enough patience.

Haha yeah I am dude, I like games with cool storylines (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill) which is probably why I love my BM66 so much it’s like playing episodes of the show.

And thinking games are great, especially in this day and age where everything comes with a tutorial, Hitman is old school work it out or die gaming, Hitman Absolution is probably the most approachable in the series which has just been remastered for PS4, it’s a little more faster paced than the others so that’s a great jumping in point for the franchise!

10 months later
#182 4 years ago

Resident Evil 3 Remake yeah baby!!!

Resident Evil 2 Remake was my GOTY for 2019.

2 weeks later
#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just got the RE2 remake, is it pretty awesome? How long will it take me to beat it you think?

If you have never played the original psone version and don’t have much of an idea of the story/progression a playthrough could take you 8-12 hours depending how you get on.

I know the game like the back of my hand and can get through each of the 4 scenarios in about 90mins or less.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Around 35 hours to play both files. I restarted on hardcore after I beat it but didn't make it far. Lol

Do your S ranking runs first! Which rewards you the infinite ammo weapons for each character.

Makes hardcore much more manageable other than Mr.X on hardcore he is genuinely awesome, second you hear his footsteps it puts you on edge because he moves and hunts you so fast on Hardcore.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I got RE - Biohazard for Xmas and started playing that, then heard about Re-2 remake and downloaded that for $19.99 a couple days ago. Looking forward to digging into that one. I almost didnt get it, didn't want to ruin my memory of how much fun the original was. Damn, that game was cool.

If your a huge fan of the original like me, it’s best going into Resi 2, knowing it’s not a remake as such but more of a re-imagining.

The A and B scenario switch up is completely different to the way it played out in the original, I believe this was done because they are expanding the stories on future remakes (REmake 3 is rumoured to have an expanded storyline tying it more into REmake 2, which the original failed to do, Code Veronica will get a REmake at least I hope so) and tying a through line to add new entries into an alternate timeline if you will, which is massively needed after 4 as 5 and 6 sucked!

#194 4 years ago

With REmake2 complete and waiting on REmake3, I grabbed God of War for the PS4 over Xmas 70% off.

Wow! What a game graphics are phenomenal, gameplay and combat is nice and engaging and the storyline is easily the best in the series.

Highly recommend it guys!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.