pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm playing Detroit: Become Human for the first time. Wow, I'm surprised at how immersive the story is and how it pulls you in. I love me a good sci-fi experience and this game delivers. I haven't finished it yet, but I feel like this is a game where I'll be playing it a couple times over to see what all the different decisions do.

When you're done with Detroit, try Heavy Rain. Same developer, same choose-your-own-adventure with intense moments & difficult decisions. Centered around a serial killer who strikes during heavy rainfall. Pretty sure it was remastered for PS4 at some point. Memorable playthrough to say the least.

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Returnal is awesome but not for everybody. Do your research on that one first

Yeah really unique gameplay. I've never played anything like it, where every level playthrough is never the same twice. And you'll be dying....alot. And no saving your level progress. It's a real ballbreaker. It takes a real commitment to sit down & play it, because you'll likely play for 90 minutes, only to fail at the boss. Learn from your mistakes. Rinse & repeat. I still haven't made it past the first level after owning it for months.

That said....I think it's outstanding. Great story, unique idea, and it really takes advantage of the force feedback controller. I'd wait until black friday in November, then scoop it up for cheap.

PS Love the Rogue Trooper logo!

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

As much as I would love to play Returnal, it's sounding like Demon's Souls all over for me. I'll play it, die, play, die, then 2 hours later, haven't really progressed at all. I'm a decent gamer, been playing most of my life, and love a challenge, but there's times where you need to have something to show for 2 hours of life invested lol.

Agreed. It's demoralizing when you die after 2 hours invested. Do I want to waste time & take a beating today? 99% of the time the answer is nah. Which is why I haven't played it that much. It's still a great game though IMO. Perhaps pick it up when it's like $20

#573 2 years ago

Downloaded Hades for PS5 yesterday. Well there went my entire day! I know this game has been out for awhile on different systems, but it's all new to me. It's a dungeon-crawler rogue-like game with a great Greek god story where you are trying to escape hell. And you will fail....alot. But this is intentional. It's how the story reveals itself & how you progressively improve your skills with each death.

Very unique. Really draws you right in. Easy to learn mechanics. Great story. It really checks all the boxes. Highly recommended & only $25

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hades is one of my all-time favorites. The voice acting, story, artwork, play mechanics, and rinse/repeat nature of the game are all done expertly. 10/10 for sure!

I've never been into dungeon crawlers before. Probably my only experience with them is old school Gauntlet, which isn't saying much. But they are certainly lots of fun. Now I'm gonna have to check out the remastered edition of Diablo 2 when that comes out next month.

4 months later
#654 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Go to PlayStation Direct and register. Sony actually keeps an eye on you PSN activity to make sure you aren't a scalper.
https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/ps5
A few weeks after registering, I got an email and was able to purchase one. If you are a PS+ member, then all shipping options (including next day) are free.

This was how I landed mine as well. When Sony sends me one of their gaming surveys, I usually fill it out. I assume I was put on some list. One day I got an unsolicited email from Sony saying I was selected to purchase a PS5 in the next 24 hours. I assumed it was a scam, but after checking I realized it was legit. Bought extra controllers, charging stations, remote accessories too.

That said I haven't had the time to game on it that much, but it is really outstanding when utilized as your go-to digital media hub. It's made all the other blu-ray players, firesticks & mess of devices I own obsolete. I just wish the Paramount+ app was available on PS5. Other than than minor complaint it has been well worth the money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.