pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I wonder if it's just that everything has an algorithm tailored to you but if I had to list major Xbox releases those 4 titles are all I can think of. Sony just seem to have such a strangle hold on the market.

I own both a PS4 Pro and an Xbox Series X. It's undeniable that Sony has better exclusive games. Uncharted, God of War, and The Last of Us were all must-plays. At least for me, I wouldn't put Halo/Gears/Sea of Thieves into that same category. What Xbox has going for it is marginally better graphics/performance (this seems to have held through from generation to generation). And Gamepass which lets you play any of the exclusive games you'd want to play on the system in exchange for the monthly fee. We actually end up using that a fair amount, and therefore the Xbox gets more play overall.

I'm just glad Sony is still putting out all of its exclusives on the PS4 so there's no need to consider upgrading to a PS5.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I am enjoying Horizon gameplay but my god the dialog. The amount of just pointless conversation with the uncanny valley animation.

I was late to the table with the original Horizon Zero Dawn, and am experiencing this same thing. I enjoy the gameplay but the cut scenes are crap (and over extremely variable quality) and the discussion-tree setup is so tedious. I'm thinking I'll bail and just move on to another of last generation's AAA games that I never got around to. Or maybe just dive into Elden Ring.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I loved the story for HZD. The whole past/future thing was great to see as it unfolds. For FW I was a little meh on it until I hit the Zenith story line.

I’m only a couple of hours in but felt like things were dragging. Maybe I’ll give it some more time before I bail. The combat mechanics are cool for sure.

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I remember when graphic were nothing and gameplay was EVERYTHING!

You talking board game era here? People have been excited about advances in graphics ever since there were graphics to get excited about!

My take is that things carry on pretty much as they always have in video games, as in TV, movies, books, music, and any other field of entertainment. 95% of what gets made is mediocre or worse. And what ends up selling well in any given year doesn't correlate that well with the 5% of stuff that's actually worthwhile. Not sure it's any worse today than it was in 1984.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not dying or finding it difficult. I just find it tedious and repetitive. I can't play it without this getting in my head.

Ouch. "The gameplay equivalent of Limp Bizkit" is not a ringing endorsement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.