pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I haven't played it in a couple months now, there is just nothing to play on it, I don't think there's any need to rush on getting one, especially at scalpers price.

I feel the same, I thought about buying one until I saw the available games.

1 year later
#871 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No kidding , that makes 2 of us ! please do it justice .

Having Indy as Harrison Ford is a must, I doubt he’ll do the voice work but I could live with that. Wouldn’t be interested if they use a generic looking Indy.

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm really struggling with GOW Ragnarok, it was super excited at the start. I wanted to step back into the world, characters and combat. Sadly it turns into a slog, its just the same thing over and over. The same little battles open a couple of chest. It all just starts to feel pointless. I have enjoyed a couple of sections that open up and let you do some exploring but apart from that I am super disengaged. There just doesn't seem to be any consequence how did this become so bland, it feels like your standard Ubisoft fetch quest. The first GOW felt on par with Naughty Dog. I can't remember the last time I felt challenged, far more often I just find myself anoyed by the combat.

How far along are you? The side missions don’t seem to really open up until the halfway point

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have to be pretty far in, Loki is in Asgard. There were two areas that I could explore by boat for sets of armour that I rather enjoyed. The part with Atreus and the girl was when it really started to go downhill, it took forver to get through that and it just hasn't recovered since. Even the skill trees and upgrades have been super weak. In the first game I ran into things and got my ass kicked and knew I had to go find some upgrade and new stuff before I try that again. In this one there has been some areas that I can't reach but the combat is just routine. None of the perks or different variations seem to make any difference. I have never bothered to change anything because I haven't needed too. I think I am playing one up from normal on the difficulty. It's not a bad game by any means but it just feels average.

That’s about the point it opened up for me, I’ve spent the last 10 hours or so doing side missions. The Berserkers are great battles.

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone else find god of war to be super difficult? I'm not a huge gamer but I'm getting pretty frustrated at the difficulty of the enemies and I have it on normal mode or whatever the standard difficulty level is. I can't imagine playing it on hardcore or whatever the mode is. I will say I love the controls on the game. It is one of the first games where I really enjoy fighting the enemies even though they kick my ass so many times.

Timing the block with the shield was critical for me getting over the hump. It leaves enemies open for massive attacks. Good defense is critical early on, roll away early and often.

3 weeks later
#893 1 year ago

Getting close to 100% completion on GoW:Ragnarok, looking for my next game, Ghost of Tsushima and Elden Ring are on my short list. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Both are great, Elden Ring is amazing the only thing to consider with it is, it is digital crack and don't be surprised losing and insane amount of time to it. Elden Ring is one of those games that sucks you in and you look at the clock and are ashamed how long its been since you moved. Ghost is a great game I loved every minute of it as well but it didn't have that same addictive quality.
P.S. Gna and the Beserker King are some straight up bullshit.

Haha, you have to almost be perfect to beat them assholes.

1 month later
#911 1 year ago

I just finished Ghost of Tsushima, great game. @beelzeboob, if you’re a fan of Assassins Creed series it’s a must play if you haven’t yet. It’s much better, and I’m a fan of most AC games.

1 month later
#932 1 year ago

I just picked up Witcher 3 Complete Edition on sale for $20. I haven’t played the first 2. Is it a series you can just jump right into?

2 weeks later
#947 11 months ago
Quoted from MRG:

Does the PS5 play Ultra 4K blu rays?

Yes

4 months later
#953 7 months ago

Carpal tunnel time!!

IMG_2738 (resized).jpegIMG_2738 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#956 82 days ago

I picked up the new Prince of Persia on a whim, I’m absolutely loving it. A challenging side scroller, nice change of pace from all the massive open world games. Only $49 as well:

2 weeks later
#970 68 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think its an excellent fighter... Im normally a SF player but havent bought the newest one.

It’s my favorite of the new fighting games.

#971 68 days ago

I’m trying to buy a PlayStation Portal but they’ve been out of stock everywhere for awhile.

#974 68 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dude, me too! I have checked every day since the holidays. Yesterday, it said to check specifically today, the 15th. I stayed up until 12 last night.. no stock!

They’re saying the 15th, today, on PlayStation direct, I’ve been checking frequently.

#978 68 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Me too.. Cross your fingers..

HURRY UP!!! I just scored one on PS Direct

#986 63 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

FYI, very impressed with how the PS Portal works out of the house. I'm about 200 miles away and it works extremely well.. Granted, good internet on both ends...

Yeah, I’ve read there is no browser on it, so a lot of places it won’t work like hotels, chain coffee shops etc. Rumors are that Sony will patch one in with an update tho.

#991 62 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

Horizon is a fantastic game. I have played it twice. Once on PS5 and again on the PC. Loved it both times.

My first PS5 game I played. Absolutely fantastic.

#993 62 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been an xbox guy since the 360. Gamepass is great, and the PS stuff coming to PC has let me dig back into the PS catalog.
I beat Spider-Man Remastered on the Deck and it played great. I had really low expectations going into that one, but I loved it. I still have Miles Morales and God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn in my Steam backlog.

If you don’t already have it, you should get PS Plus extra for the PC, comes with 300-400 games.

#998 57 days ago

An excellent edition to the beautiful days of smoking meat and drinking beer

IMG_2957 (resized).jpegIMG_2957 (resized).jpeg
#1000 56 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm a huge PoP fan but I punted on that game. It was infuriating having to start all the way back at a f**king tree and having to re-defeat respawned enemies to get to a boss battle, die, then start all the way back at a tree. [quoted image]

You have the option to go back to the tree or respawn right at the boss. The trees are just checkpoints that are scattered all over, you’re never that far from one and there is always one right by a boss. It isn’t an easy game but damn it was surprisingly good. I finished it now I’m just a few trophies away from platinum.

#1002 56 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Huh. I wasn't given the option. It kept sending me back to the damn tree.

Once you make it to a boss you can fight him endlessly until you beat him

#1004 56 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anybody playing Helldivers 2? Have heard great things about the game. Kinda sorta looking to squad up but not much of a multiplayer gamer. Also I'd have to check if it's cross platform.
Edit: yes cross platform PS5 to PC

My son in law just got it and has been playing non stop, to the point where I have to smack him to get my portal back. I may give it a whirl.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.