pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

FOR SALE: Borderlands 2 VR (digital download code) $25 UPDATE: SOLD!

I have an unused digital download code for Borderlands 2 VR for the PSVR. I have already 100% beat Borderlands 2 on the Xbox 360 and also have it on the Xbox One and Vita and not played them.....so, though I love Borderlands 2.....I really doubt I would put much time in the VR versions and that is why I have decided to sell the copy that came with my new PSVR.

This game is currently selling for $49.99 (+tax) on the PSN so this is over 50% off.

PM me if interested. I will send PayPal payment info and will then send the code ASAP after the payment is confirmed.

SOLD!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

To add to the VR bandwagon, I really do love my PS VR. I wish I got more opportunities to play but I showed my family Beat Saber at christmas and their minds were blown. I highly recommend it if you like rhythm games.
I also like Job Simulator as a great intro to VR for people who have never played. It can be pretty daunting for your first experience to be Doom VR.
My main complaint about PS VR is the lack of multiple cameras. If you are playing a game like Doom where monsters come at you from all directions, including behind you, your instinct is to turn your body all the way around. You technically can, but if the globe on the aim controller gets blocked by your body, the game loses track of your gun. They could solve this with a second camera facing you from the rear.
The game intends you to use buttons on the aim controller to fully rotate your avatar, which subtracts from the immersion.
The next version of PS VR will hopefully be a wireless headset, the wires can pull you out of the environment as well if you get tangled in them while flailing around.

I have found the camera to be a crap shoot as it is. Some games like it better lower, some like it up high. All seem to do their fair share of twitching when tracking the dual shock 4 (light bar set to bright). The camera is far to light and it's position is dictated more by it's cable than it or it's stand. The stand, at the very least, should be weighted. Any floor vibration (or light breeze) is going to make it move.

My main concern before buying the PSVR was that I wouldn't have enough room for it....it ends up my room is too big and I can't even lean back on my couch without getting an "Out of play area" error. Which is ridicules because I know the camera can see me just fine as I'm less than 8 feet away.

I also find the lack of setup options on most game to be very limiting. When I play Beat Sabre with the camera on my TV....it sometimes shows the playing "platform" as being under my TV...the standing footprints are a couple of feet behind the camera!?! Why not let me decide where the standing platform is? Why not let me decide how high I want the boxes to come at me so I can decide on sitting or standing? Many of these game's problems could easily be fixed with user setting. I saw on the Drive Club demo they have setting to adjust the height and depth of your player position.....why not have that on every game you play where your playing avatar is seated??? so you don't see your shell of a chest sticking out a foot in front of you? Why not a simple message at the start of each game saying if the game is meant to be played sitting or standing (or either)? If the game sizes us up before the game starts to gauge our position....why not let us know that and have us get into our playing positions before doing that? I know many do, but many more do not.

Why is there no way to adjust the camera and it actually show the entire area that the camera can see? You can go into camera adjust, but the screen it shows you is NOT showing you the entire area the camera is seeing. Why try to trick me....just show me what it can see and let me adjust it. As it is, that camera screen is showing a limited view. Other screens on certain games will show a much bigger area that the camera is seeing....so why not let me see that every time there is an adjustment screen?

It's a bit frustrating, but I am enjoying the system. Statik was a great first game for me to beat and I only wish it were a bit longer. I've also played a lot of different demos and only got a small bit queezy on a couple of them. None of them were what I would call a sickness over just saying there was dizzyness. Playing Pinball FX2 VR was a bit surprising as I play tables I have had for years (EX: Secrets of the Deep) way better with the VR view. Even though you can pan the camera and explore the playfield in the normal Pinball FX games....you just can't picture it the same as seeing it in VR. I have Resident Evil 7 Gold ordered and I'm looking forward to that.

1 month later
#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

With Beatsaber you need to be further away....believe me!! You need distance and room to play it. I have my camera on top of my TV. I’ve beaten both Moss and Astrobot...outstanding games.

Beatsaber seems like it needs some calibration adjustments or a patch or something. It's the only PSVR game that has given me consistent troubles. Sometimes it works and other times it shows the standing positions foot prints 3 feet behind the camera. When it works it works, when it's broken it is broken....it seems nothing can be done without closing out the game and starting again as no amount of moving or camera adjustment will fix it mid game. It is almost like it does some sort of calibration when the game is starting, but it doesn't tell you about it. If you happen to be in a different spot (grabbing your controllers or something) and it catches you in a bad place...the game, floor position and everything is messed up until you restart it. It really seems like it needs to be one of those games that says "OK...we are ready to start. Stand in your playing position to get calibrated and hit a button when you are ready" or something like that.

I really wish all the PSVR games were a bit more standardized in that aspect. I start a new game and on many of them I don't know if I should be standing, sitting or what controller choices I have. How about a simple opening screen that plays the first time a game is booted to explain these things.

The crappy move controllers also don't help the experience....but I guess they did a decent job to get an old controller to do something it was never intended to do. I never had a PS3 by the time the move games rolled out so I don't know how they were, but not having a D pad on them (even if just for simple menu navigation) is a pretty big oversight. Also having the 4 main buttons in a squared up position instead of the "since day one" diamond position is beyond a idiotic mistake. I don't think it needs to be anything more complicated than what it is...just laid out like it is intended to be used with a PlayStation video game system would have been great. Of course it was made during what I call the dark ages of PlayStation....the PS3 era *shutter*.

On the upside...decent VR without a pricey PC that you are constantly temped to be tinkering with and upgrading. Plus AstroBot is probably one of my top 10 games ever.....I really am glad I didn't play the Playroom VR before the AstroBot demo or I would have never game it another thought. Not that it was horrible, just very forgettable compared to the main game. Other VR games with high marks in my book are Statik and Pinball FX2VR....I would pay a full AAA game price of $60 if they would port the Marvel's Women of Power Champions table to Pinball FV2VR.

As for standard PS4 games EDF! EDF! EDF! That's all I really need and the whole reason I bought my PS4 Pro. EDF5 was a literal system seller in my case (along with EDF 4.1....and EDF 4.1 Wing Diver....and the upcoming EDF: Iron Rain).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.