pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 5 years ago

I know we have a lot of gamers on here so I figured that we should have a Playstation thread where we can talk about current and upcoming Playstation games, systems, share user names or whatever. I got the idea from Eggberts Nintendo thread and thought it would be fun. I have always loved video games and that love has stuck with me since i was a kid. I am now 53 and i still love video games as much as ever. Unfortunately, I don’t get to play games as much as i used to due to work and just life in general but i still love gaming as much as ever.

My Playstation name is BcWho-Dey for anyone that would like to add me. I always play Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball but i have many other games i love also like Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, DIABLO 3, Hitman, etc etc etc. Any kind of game talk is welcome here but i would like to keep it focused on Playstation games mainly. Maybe it would be fun for us to compare TPA and Zen Pinball scores also? Did anyone get any new games for Christmas?

Currently playing:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Pinball Arcade
Zen Pinball FX3

#2 5 years ago

Great idea for a thread!

My story is very similar to yours. Been gaming my entire life, but being a dad/husband has cut that time significantly. Im into the same games as well, huge Diablo fan.

My PSN is is Wolfmarsh. Feel free to add me, but give me a heads up so I know it's incoming. I get a lot of spam requests.

I got Soul Calibur 6 for xmas.

Im currently playing the new spiderman dlcs, rdr2, and some psvr games.

#3 5 years ago

Insane here. Also send me a warn so I know a request is incoming. Currently playing COD WW2, just got Black Ops 4. Going to pickup Spider-Man, and just finished Spyro. Love playing Pinball Arcade.

#4 5 years ago

Played some COD WWll a bit ago. I haven’t played that game in awhile, had some pretty good fun with it. I didnt get the new COD because it looks like they are trying to make it like Fortnite and im not a fan of that game. COD needs to get back to their roots like they did in WWll and forget the futuristic jumping shit and fortnite stuff. They have a great game if they make it right, no need to copy what other companies are doing.

#5 5 years ago

Who-Dey knows I am on board. Loves me pinball arcade and Battlefield series. Tried lots of others but these are my staples. I am TheOldFatSurfer on PSN if you looking for me. Unfortunately not playing at the moment due to an infection from surgery which has put me in hospital till at least new year.
Be warned that I am good at PA

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

who-dey knows I am on board. Loves me pinball arcade and Battlefield series. Tried lots of others but these are my staples. I am TheOldFatSurfer on PSN if you looking for me. Unfortunately not playing at the moment due to an infection from surgery which has put me in hospital till at least new year.
Be warned that I am good at PA

I hope you're feeling ok oldskool and i hope you get out of the hospital soon buddy! I wish that i liked Battlefield, i would play some with you if i did but i just dont like it for some reason.

#7 5 years ago

I've been playing since I was a kid and played my parents Atari 2600. I whored myself out around the neighborhood when the original NES was coming out and had the necessary $130 in less than a month, just in time for release day. Continued through the Nintendo systems only skipping the game cube. Still own all my playstations and Final Fantasy is my favorite series followed closely by Uncharted.

I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (playing through the additional content now) and was very impressed with the entire story line and playing mechanics. I played Diablo recently and enjoyed that as well but also like silly games like Ratchet & Clank of which I've played through every iteration multiple times. I prefer strategic games and shoot from cover like uncharted rather than the run and gun FPS's like Fallout and Farcry that my daughter is in to.

For a little nostalgia, I got the new Gauntlet and the kid and I had fun with that for a while. Worth the $10 as that was one of my other favorite series early on.

#8 5 years ago

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Spider-Man

Those 3 are pretty much keeping my PS4 warm this winter

Horizon is also one of the best games I’ve ever played, my favourite series being Metal Gear Solid & Silent Hill - I like a good storyline with lots of twists and Horizon delivers!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've been playing since I was a kid and played my parents Atari 2600. I whored myself out around the neighborhood when the original NES was coming out and had the necessary $130 in less than a month, just in time for release day. Continued through the Nintendo systems only skipping the game cube. Still own all my playstations and Final Fantasy is my favorite series followed closely by Uncharted.
I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (playing through the additional content now) and was very impressed with the entire story line and playing mechanics. I played Diablo recently and enjoyed that as well but also like silly games like Ratchet & Clank of which I've played through every iteration multiple times. I prefer strategic games and shoot from cover like uncharted rather than the run and gun FPS's like Fallout and Farcry that my daughter is in to.
For a little nostalgia, I got the new Gauntlet and the kid and I had fun with that for a while. Worth the $10 as that was one of my other favorite series early on.

I started out on the Atari also lol. I never owned one myself but my buddy down the road had one and they had every single game that you could buy for it. Man we used to play the hell out of that thing and we thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I go back to those games now and i wonder why we ever liked them so much lol.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Spider-Man
Those 3 are pretty much keeping my PS4 warm this winter
Horizon is also one of the best games I’ve ever played, my favourite series being Metal Gear Solid & Silent Hill - I like a good storyline with lots of twists and Horizon delivers!

I bought a PS4 on Black Friday. First time I've played a video game other than Tiger Woods Golf since around 2000. All I've played so far is Horizon Zero Dawn. I've spent around 100 hours on it. Beat it a couple weeks ago, but I only had about 40% of the game completed, so I've been going back and completing side quests. Did the Frozen Wilds expansion over the weekend. Pretty cool game. I pretty much beat it using only standard arrows and fire arrows. I haven't learned to use any of the traps or special weapons. Some of those larger machines must have taken 1000 standard arrow shots to kill.

#11 5 years ago

Joining in! I really fell out of PS gaming in favor of my Switch, but I still fire it up from time to time. Spyro was the only thing that brought me back this year. My sister just bought me Crash Bandicoot!
My PSN is THE_BME feel free to send a request. I accept all of them anyway!

#12 5 years ago

Psn monkeypdx

Fallout series is pretty much the only game I’m into.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Psn monkeypdx
Fallout series is pretty much the only game I’m into.

Fallout 4 is awesome. Haven't played the new one yet but i hear its not getting good reviews. Have you played Fallout 76 yet?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fallout 4 is awesome. Haven't played the new one yet but i hear its not getting good reviews. Have you played Fallout 76 yet?

Another series dies the MMO death, my kid was disappointed when she heard the change for '76. Don't get me wrong, I played WOW for 5 years or so but why does it seem like everyone is heading that direction. I assume that's where the money is....

On that note, there are absolutely no good couch co-ops anymore. I would maybe be able to get my daughter to sit down and play with me but the quality local multiplayer game is an endangered species.

On a good note, all this PS talking by got me thinking of all my favorite games over the years. Sure enough when I googled one, a remastered version for the PS4 comes out in less than 3 weeks; Onimusha Warlords.

Another one of my absolute favorites was The Legend of Dragoon. Man I would like that remastered. It's bad enough that my Amazon preorder for the Final Fantasy 7 remake from 2016 keeps getting pushed back another year every December....

#15 5 years ago

I reckon Nintendo do the best co ops.

#16 5 years ago

My all time favorite games were Socom 1 and Socom 2, man i would give anything to get those games back.

Anymore i just like to flip around on some pinball or maybe play a story based game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Red Dead etc. I seriously would pay 500 dollars for Socom 1 and 2 if Sony would remake them. That was the best online shooter ever. I spent thousands of hours on those games. They were so addicting that its not even funny.

#17 5 years ago

Phatchit is me
Have a lot of vr
Friday the 13th is fun for me to kill 30 min .
Been playing since my Atari had a black and white/color tv switch.

#18 5 years ago

My teenage daughters love their Playstation 4 Plus. I recently tried out their Playstation VR. I played a game called Rush of Blood...and nearly soiled myself.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m pretty big fan of the new one actually. Love the multiplayer universe.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I bought a PS4 on Black Friday. First time I've played a video game other than Tiger Woods Golf since around 2000. All I've played so far is Horizon Zero Dawn. I've spent around 100 hours on it. Beat it a couple weeks ago, but I only had about 40% of the game completed, so I've been going back and completing side quests. Did the Frozen Wilds expansion over the weekend. Pretty cool game. I pretty much beat it using only standard arrows and fire arrows. I haven't learned to use any of the traps or special weapons. Some of those larger machines must have taken 1000 standard arrow shots to kill.

Yeah it’s amazing the scope and size of the game but I never found myself bored the setting of the world in game is brilliant and becomes more interesting as you get deeper into the story, which I found great. And combat is pretty fun and varied but 1000 arrows? Man your crazy

On the harder difficulties those traps really help to take down the fast/bigger and more vicious enemies, also helps to keep the combat varied. Its also a lot of fun and satisfying setting up a series of traps and luring an enemy or group into your setup for an easy kill.

#21 5 years ago

Love this! FDZombiedawg is my Playstation alias. Love me some Twisted Metal 2! Popped my cherry with the demo disc on the non dual shock ps1 controllers. Rally Cross was the poop!
Only thing more terrifying then Resident Evil 2 was at the time—is my wait for my second NIB pin. I actually popped the shower curtain with my 12 gauge before i went to piss once. That game was great at suprises. And then SOCOM for PS2...?!
Bitch please. That was another level,

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Love this! FDZombiedawg is my Playstation alias. Love me some Twisted Metal 2! Popped my cherry with the demo disc on the non dual shock ps1 controllers. Rally Cross was the poop!
Only thing more terrifying then Resident Evil 2 was at the time—is my wait for my second NIB pin. I actually popped the shower curtain with my 12 gauge before i went to piss once. That game was great at suprises. And then SOCOM for PS2...?!

Lol...good post!!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Get ready for the Resident Evil 2 remake it looks f’in awesome so far, you might need to buy in a couple of spare shower curtains too

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Get ready for the Resident Evil 2 remake it looks f’in awesome so far, you might need to buy in a couple of spare shower curtains too

Oh yeah that's gonna be a sweet game there!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah it’s amazing the scope and size of the game but I never found myself bored the setting of the world in game is brilliant and becomes more interesting as you get deeper into the story, which I found great. And combat is pretty fun and varied but 1000 arrows? Man your crazy
On the harder difficulties those traps really help to take down the fast/bigger and more vicious enemies, also helps to keep the combat varied. Its also a lot of fun and satisfying setting up a series of traps and luring an enemy or group into your setup for an easy kill.

I did figure out the corruption arrows the last time I played. I fought 2 fireclaws for about 45 minutes, had them each down to about half health, ran off a few screens to find some medicine plants, came back to the fireclaws and they were back at full health. I guess i ran away too far. So I tried the corruption arrows on them and they fought each other. Only took about 10 minutes to kill them that way.

#26 5 years ago

I use to play all the 1st person shooters. However a few years back I stopped playing everything except call of duty. At that time I also decided the only gaming I liked anymore had to be played against other live competitors. My obsession with online cod is like an addiction. When I buy a new TV my only concern is its imput lag rating. At our house we have 2 separate internet providers. Comcast which is direct wired to my ps4,(120mbs with nothing else connected) and Verizon which covers every other device in the house. I need to sit direct center of 65inchTV 2 pillows on my lap headphones on and turned up to max volume and no distractions. I've got to the point where I dont have to think, I just do. I've killed 108,881 people in the last year including 12,203 kills via my favorite weapon the good old shovel. Nothing more satisfying than running around killing people with a shovel when their shooting at you with machine guns. The moment that shovel splits their skull and the blood and brain matter covers your face is quite exhilarating, even more so when your able to extract it from their head quick enough to strike another. Nothing quite like a triple kill via the shovel. If you haven't, you need to. Free for all is my favorite game mode as its fast and furious with the first to 30 kills being the winner. Come join me and I'll introduce you to the shovel of truth. Screen name.....
i_kiL_

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I use to play all the 1st person shooters. However a few years back I stopped playing everything except call of duty. At that time I also decided the only gaming I liked anymore had to be played against other live competitors. My obsession with online cod is like an addiction. When I buy a new TV my only concern is its imput lag rating. At our house we have 2 separate internet providers. Comcast which is direct wired to my ps4,(120mbs with nothing else connected) and Verizon which covers every other device in the house. I need to sit direct center of 65inchTV 2 pillows on my lap headphones on and turned up to max volume and no distractions. I've got to the point where I dont have to think, I just do. I've killed 108,881 people in the last year including 12,203 kills via my favorite weapon the good old shovel. Nothing more satisfying than running around killing people with a shovel when their shooting at you with machine guns. The moment that shovel splits their skull and the blood and brain matter covers your face is quite exhilarating, even more so when your able to extract it from their head quick enough to strike another. Nothing quite like a triple kill via the shovel. If you haven't, you need to. Free for all is my favorite game mode as its fast and furious with the first to 30 kills being the winner. Come join me and I'll introduce you to the shovel of truth. Screen name.....
i_kiL_

Oh so YOU were the A$$hole running around killing me with the shovel over and over and over a couple of nights ago huh?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh so YOU were the A$$hole running around killing me with the shovel over and over and over a couple of nights ago huh?

Yes that would be me....I get love/hate letters from others all the time. I get recorded and reported at least once a day for cheating. lol

On a not so funny note...I went to play ffa yesterday on ww2 and it wasnt there. Might have to move on to the crappy new one which i bought on release day but been refusing to play cuz it sucks.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Yes that would be me....I get love/hate letters from others all the time. I get recorded and reported at least once a day for cheating. lol
On a not so funny note...I went to play ffa yesterday on ww2 and it wasnt there. Might have to move on to the crappy new one which i bought on release day but been refusing to play cuz it sucks.

I was just joking, i dont know if it was you or not but someone was running around killing everybody with his shovel like a mad man lol.

#30 5 years ago

I play ps - but my world of Warcraft account is the most used in my house.

I have been a PlayStation guy since 1.

My favorite game on the system is symphony of night. I originally bought the ps1 to own crash bandicoot.

Looking forward to some new games like red dead.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was just joking, i dont know if it was you or not but someone was running around killing everybody with his shovel like a mad man lol.

Yes I get your humor no worries. Probably was me though as the lobbies are getting smaller and not many who like the shovel as much as me. I call it the shovel of truth, it very distinctive as I designed it myself. Looks good when they show it in the final kill cam as you can see clearly what it says at that point.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I play ps - but my world of Warcraft account is the most used in my house.
I have been a PlayStation guy since 1.
My favorite game on the system is symphony of night. I originally bought the ps1 to own crash bandicoot.
Looking forward to some new games like red dead.

I can't even begin to count the hours I spent on all the crash games having to restart levels to grab all the bananas or because I was crushed by that stupid rolling ball. I used to play WOW vanilla extensively up through the WOTLK in earnest and a little in Cataclysm on the Shadowmoon server. I tend to go a little extreme especially when it came to end game raiding places like ZG, AQ, BWL, ONYX, and fortunately my guild was even working Naxx as well. For the sake of my family life, I retired in 2007-2008.

It actually all started with the WOW RTS games which I had played all of them up through Frozen Throne and still have them on my desktop ready to fire up (usually once a year I'll do another play through). The great news is that they are remastering WCIII including FT and it'll be out next year some time. I love me some RTS especially Star Craft. I prefer the story mode though, not really into playing online with others. I learned my lesson with WOW.....

#33 5 years ago

I still use my PS3 a lot, both with PS3 and PS1 games. Thinking of picking up another cheap and modifying it with custom firmware.

My PS2 is modded with a 750GB hard drive. Doesn't work with every game but if it works it works well.

#34 5 years ago

I'm telling ya fellas, fall in love with gaming all over again and try out the PSVR system. My daughter talked me into getting the system and I was hesitant, the same way I felt about 3D gaming. Thought it might be a gimmick, but I'm telling ya, once you get it you will want to play the games all over again. I remember the first time I played a VR game. The next day I went to Gamestop and bought as many VR games I could find because I wanted that experience again.

My strong suggestions would be these games in no particular order

DOOM VR. The creatures are in your face and it's Doom. Nuff said!
BATMAN VR Short experience and kinda reminds me of the Spiderman ride at Universal Studios.
ASTROBOT Best VR experience. Reminds me of Mario 64 in VR. It will have you looking all over the place to find your lost buds. You just have to play this and thank me later.
PERSISTENCE Tough game. You're alone on this space station and will die a lot, but you have to be persistent. (Like the title) but once you get the hang of it, it's really tough to put down until you beat it.
FARPOINT Get the VR gun and land on a planet shooting creatures and bugs, trying to find your lost scientists. The cut scenes will make you feel you're right there, especially the opening.
RUSH OF BLOOD (has already mentioned) Take a roller coaster ride thru a first person shooter carnival madhouse. Awesome!!
RESIDENT EVIL 7 Buy the normal game and play it in VR. BEST RE experience hands down!
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT Add-on to the original PS SW Battlefront. Lets you play a short escort mission of a Prelude to Rogue One. Jump into an x-wing cockpit and let me know you're first experience of having a star destroyer flying over your head.

These are just my favorites.

Honorable mention to Skyrim VR (which I haven't played yet, so I can't judge) I heard the Rainbow 6 game is awesome, but I don't do multiplayer because I suck!

Pros An experience like no other.
Games are usually cheaper.
More developers signing on.
Some games can make you dizzy, but I find sitting down and playing them is the best. I've never got sick, so that's why I listed this under Pro. Plus, I'm 57 years old and can handle it LOL

Cons Some titles are only DLC, which I hate. The games mentioned above are not. I'm old fashioned though because if I can't hold it in my hands, then I don't want it (go ahead and insert "That's what she said" if needed) I like collecting and having a hard copy library of games, not something downloaded.
The graphics are a tad blurry. Best comparison is what a blu ray looks like compared to a DVD. That being said, it's still hardly noticeable, especially in a heated gunfight and battle or running like crazy from creatures wanting you for a little snack.

Hope this helps and give VR a try.

#35 5 years ago

FOR SALE: Borderlands 2 VR (digital download code) $25 UPDATE: SOLD!

I have an unused digital download code for Borderlands 2 VR for the PSVR. I have already 100% beat Borderlands 2 on the Xbox 360 and also have it on the Xbox One and Vita and not played them.....so, though I love Borderlands 2.....I really doubt I would put much time in the VR versions and that is why I have decided to sell the copy that came with my new PSVR.

This game is currently selling for $49.99 (+tax) on the PSN so this is over 50% off.

PM me if interested. I will send PayPal payment info and will then send the code ASAP after the payment is confirmed.

SOLD!

#36 5 years ago

To add to the VR bandwagon, I really do love my PS VR. I wish I got more opportunities to play but I showed my family Beat Saber at christmas and their minds were blown. I highly recommend it if you like rhythm games.

I also like Job Simulator as a great intro to VR for people who have never played. It can be pretty daunting for your first experience to be Doom VR.

My main complaint about PS VR is the lack of multiple cameras. If you are playing a game like Doom where monsters come at you from all directions, including behind you, your instinct is to turn your body all the way around. You technically can, but if the globe on the aim controller gets blocked by your body, the game loses track of your gun. They could solve this with a second camera facing you from the rear.

The game intends you to use buttons on the aim controller to fully rotate your avatar, which subtracts from the immersion.

The next version of PS VR will hopefully be a wireless headset, the wires can pull you out of the environment as well if you get tangled in them while flailing around.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

To add to the VR bandwagon, I really do love my PS VR. I wish I got more opportunities to play but I showed my family Beat Saber at christmas and their minds were blown. I highly recommend it if you like rhythm games.
I also like Job Simulator as a great intro to VR for people who have never played. It can be pretty daunting for your first experience to be Doom VR.
My main complaint about PS VR is the lack of multiple cameras. If you are playing a game like Doom where monsters come at you from all directions, including behind you, your instinct is to turn your body all the way around. You technically can, but if the globe on the aim controller gets blocked by your body, the game loses track of your gun. They could solve this with a second camera facing you from the rear.
The game intends you to use buttons on the aim controller to fully rotate your avatar, which subtracts from the immersion.
The next version of PS VR will hopefully be a wireless headset, the wires can pull you out of the environment as well if you get tangled in them while flailing around.

I have found the camera to be a crap shoot as it is. Some games like it better lower, some like it up high. All seem to do their fair share of twitching when tracking the dual shock 4 (light bar set to bright). The camera is far to light and it's position is dictated more by it's cable than it or it's stand. The stand, at the very least, should be weighted. Any floor vibration (or light breeze) is going to make it move.

My main concern before buying the PSVR was that I wouldn't have enough room for it....it ends up my room is too big and I can't even lean back on my couch without getting an "Out of play area" error. Which is ridicules because I know the camera can see me just fine as I'm less than 8 feet away.

I also find the lack of setup options on most game to be very limiting. When I play Beat Sabre with the camera on my TV....it sometimes shows the playing "platform" as being under my TV...the standing footprints are a couple of feet behind the camera!?! Why not let me decide where the standing platform is? Why not let me decide how high I want the boxes to come at me so I can decide on sitting or standing? Many of these game's problems could easily be fixed with user setting. I saw on the Drive Club demo they have setting to adjust the height and depth of your player position.....why not have that on every game you play where your playing avatar is seated??? so you don't see your shell of a chest sticking out a foot in front of you? Why not a simple message at the start of each game saying if the game is meant to be played sitting or standing (or either)? If the game sizes us up before the game starts to gauge our position....why not let us know that and have us get into our playing positions before doing that? I know many do, but many more do not.

Why is there no way to adjust the camera and it actually show the entire area that the camera can see? You can go into camera adjust, but the screen it shows you is NOT showing you the entire area the camera is seeing. Why try to trick me....just show me what it can see and let me adjust it. As it is, that camera screen is showing a limited view. Other screens on certain games will show a much bigger area that the camera is seeing....so why not let me see that every time there is an adjustment screen?

It's a bit frustrating, but I am enjoying the system. Statik was a great first game for me to beat and I only wish it were a bit longer. I've also played a lot of different demos and only got a small bit queezy on a couple of them. None of them were what I would call a sickness over just saying there was dizzyness. Playing Pinball FX2 VR was a bit surprising as I play tables I have had for years (EX: Secrets of the Deep) way better with the VR view. Even though you can pan the camera and explore the playfield in the normal Pinball FX games....you just can't picture it the same as seeing it in VR. I have Resident Evil 7 Gold ordered and I'm looking forward to that.

#38 5 years ago

I just fired up Skyrim for the first time that I've owned for a year or so. Seems really clunky to play. The looting seems overly cumbersome and attacking is really awkward as you only swing in one direction (slowly) and you appear to have to turn your body with a fixed camera and then swing. I'm playing it in 3P so I'm sure that has a little to do with it but I saved it as soon as I got out of the first cave and put it back on the shelf. Meh..

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just fired up Skyrim for the first time that I've owned for a year or so. Seems really clunky to play. The looting seems overly cumbersome and attacking is really awkward as you only swing in one direction (slowly) and you appear to have to turn your body with a fixed camera and then swing. I'm playing it in 3P so I'm sure that has a little to do with it but I saved it as soon as I got out of the first cave and put it back on the shelf. Meh..

My favorites right now are probably;

GTA V
Red Dead 2
TPA
ZEN FX 3
Diablo
Many others are great too.

Fallout 4 is a great RPG game and Diablo too of course.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fallout 4 is a great RPG game and Diablo too of course.

I’ve been enjoying the lastest 2 entries in the Assassins Creed series. I was really burnt out on the series although Black Flag was pretty entertaining, but with all the annual releases it was obvious they where pretty much just retheming the game.

But Origins and Odyssey not only have great themes/locations they have built the games from the ground up and added a lot of RPG elements, definitely worth a look Egypt and Greece are both awesome game worlds.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve been enjoying the lastest 2 entries in the Assassins Creed series. I was really burnt out on the series although Black Flag was pretty entertaining, but with all the annual releases it was obvious they where pretty much just retheming the game.
But Origins and Odyssey not only have great themes/locations they have built the games from the ground up and added a lot of RPG elements, definitely worth a look Egypt and Greece are both awesome game worlds.

I played the very first one on PS4 but didnt complete it. It seemed like a good game though. I just tried Red Dead 2 online and im not sure about that yet, got to dig into it a little more before i decide. I cant say i had alot of fun though really, not giving up on it yet though because i dont really know what im doing yet. I love the story mode though for sure.

#42 5 years ago

Starting to get back into GTA V online, what a awesome game! Bought a nightclub last nite, hope i can make some money with it.

#43 5 years ago

The nightclub isn't making that great of returns so far, think i may have wasted a couple million dollars.

GTA V is a killer game though onilne and campaign both and i totally recommend it. Its on sale right now for $14.99. Best game on the PS4 imo.

#44 5 years ago

Resident Evil 2 Remake demo releases today, only 14 days until full release now, pre ordered months ago!
208FA9CB-6B76-4587-8136-C8B94711198F.jpeg208FA9CB-6B76-4587-8136-C8B94711198F.jpegF366DB8F-E95F-4C92-820E-A73CB600B477.gifF366DB8F-E95F-4C92-820E-A73CB600B477.gif90B1FF67-86E3-4F46-A1F0-FF88F4361D02.gif90B1FF67-86E3-4F46-A1F0-FF88F4361D02.gif

#45 5 years ago

Just downloaded Monopoly for AUD $7.35 bargain.
Love the old board games brought into the modern era.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Just downloaded Monopoly for AUD $7.35 bargain.
Love the old board games brought into the modern era.

I have monopoly, maybe we can play it online if you want sometime? The only thing bad about monopoly is its different to trade and make deals. Thats not a big deal though because i dont generally want to trade much anyways. The game is fun though.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Resident Evil 2 Remake demo releases today, only 14 days until full release now, pre ordered months ago!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gonna have to try this demo out for sure. I bet its going to be a great game!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gonna have to try this demo out for sure. I bet its going to be a great game!

Spent an hour on the demo (downloaded it from 2 separate accounts as it’s limited to 30mins) and first impression it blew me away!

This is finally resident evil in the modern era, if anyone loved the old ps1 and ps2 resident evil games and found 4 to be the last decent entry in the series you need to check this out.

#49 5 years ago

I pre-ordered RE2 the second it was available, and didn't get the demo to keep the remake surprise intact.

January is quite the month actually, RE2 is one, but Ace Combat 7 is also coming out and it looks like Namco finally put their s*** together to revive the awesome series that goes back to the PS1. And then (well not just then but THEN) comes Kingdom Hearts 3, after 12 years of announcements, rumors and hopes, it's almost there and looks more fantastic than ever.

TO me KH3 is the most underrated series in modern gaming, one that should sell more than 10 million copies and be revered around the world as the most unexpected licence Disney ever gave and the most amazing use of a Disney licence that has ever been made.

Anyways I'm counting the days to each of those, while playing Earth Defense Force 5 til then, another great release this month, a game that started as a joke in 2003 and that has matured in its own twisted way to become the most intense/frantic action shooter, really a class of its own.

#50 5 years ago

Is PS really that much better than the XBox One X, LOL. Sorry, Trolling for my first time!

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.