pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I have both (xbox series x and ps5), and although the two are great machines, my lean is more towards the XBox despite its HDMI bug issue. I think old games being upscaled looks better, the interface is a bit better, and the unit itself looks much more pleasing and can actually fit in my stereo stand. Plus can't ever go wrong with an xbox controller.
Just my two cents

...and the Dolby Atmos, which I really miss when I play my PS4. What's the HDMI bug issue? I've had 2 Xbox One X's crap out on the video feed. Is that what you're talking about? Please tell me that's not the case with the Series X because I can't take that happening again. A royal PITA.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and the Dolby Atmos, which I really miss when I play my PS4. What's the HDMI bug issue? I've had 2 Xbox One X's crap out on the video feed. Is that what you're talking about? Please tell me that's not the case with the Series X because I can't take that happening again. A royal PITA.

Google Xbox Series X HDMI BUG. Its something to do with the uncompressed format vs PS5 which is compressed. It only is an issue if using an AV receiver, some sort of Panasonic chip bug, that isnt fixable.

#403 3 years ago

As someone that has worked on both the XBox looks good on paper but the early results that multi-platform titles perform better on PS5 is no surprise. I don't see any reason Sony dominance to change.

#404 3 years ago

actually that pS5 controller is amazing, I just did that Astro demo, wow.. the possibilities are endless.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

actually that pS5 controller is amazing, I just did that Astro demo, wow.. the possibilities are endless.

... but I still think Xbox is easier to use, and games launch faster and better selection

#406 3 years ago

So reviewers were right, the hard drive on the ps5 wont store many games.
It wouldn't bother me if the games were just installed from the disk but so far all of them take 6 hours of download, and having to prepare ahead of time for what game you're gonna want to play isn't viable.

It's quite annoying actually I do miss the good old days of simply starting a game with the push of a button.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So reviewers were right, the hard drive on the ps5 wont store many games.
It wouldn't bother me if the games were just installed from the disk but so far all of them take 6 hours of download, and having to prepare ahead of time for what game you're gonna want to play isn't viable.
It's quite annoying actually I do miss the good old days of simply starting a game with the push of a button.

You will be able to fit every game available at launch about 390GB and still have 280GB available. You can easily fit 6 landmark blockbuster 100GB titles on the drive at once. Games like that only come out every few months and how many games do you play at the same time. If you want to install games from disk get the version with the optical drive. The Xbox you can use an external drive for temporary storage, but still need to copy it over to play the game. Sony just doesn't want to take the piracy risk.

#408 3 years ago

I use large external HDs with PS4 and XB1, so I can have all the games I own instantly available. Will external HDs be possible with the new consoles?

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You will be able to fit every game available at launch about 390GB and still have 280GB available. You can easily fit 6 landmark blockbuster 100GB titles on the drive at once. Games like that only come out every few months and how many games do you play at the same time. If you want to install games from disk get the version with the optical drive. The Xbox you can use an external drive for temporary storage, but still need to copy it over to play the game. Sony just doesn't want to take the piracy risk.

I have the version with the drive, there hasn't been one game so far that hasn't required a 100gb download.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I use large external HDs with PS4 and XB1, so I can have all the games I own instantly available. Will external HDs be possible with the new consoles?

External drives are already available, as of now you can not store PS5 games externally, Sony is just being cautious. As more games are available, the space is required and the security tested they will probably allow you to store the latest games externally. Right now there is not enough games release to fill the internal drive so there is no reason to store them on an external drive. You can store all your PS4 games on an external drive on PS5 just not the latest PS5 specific stuff. It's just gaming media headlines.

Quoted from adol75:

I have the version with the drive, there hasn't been one game so far that hasn't required a 100gb download.

It's launch and things are always rushed and crazy at launch, things will settle down as they always do. At launch there was only two game that are over 100GB, the ultimate edition of Spiderman (Standard Edition is only 50GB) and COD. So I'm guess those two games happen to be all the games so far you have had to install.

#411 3 years ago

Is there any evidence of PS4 hacking due to the external HD option? With these enormous 50-100GB games, together with the relatively small capacity of SSDs, I'd say the ability to add an external USB drive to PS5 is essential. It also means you don't need to wait an hour to be able to play a game, which makes the fast speed of SSD marketing spin seem rather ridiculous.

#412 3 years ago

Damn these things are hard to find. The online retailers have been such a cluster .

Also for those with hard drive concerns just wait a bit. From videos I have seen there is an extra slot for another hard drive. Trust me, this is NOTHING special, and people will be cranking these out in high capacity soon driving the cost down. You will be able to double, or potentially triple your space soon enough and wont lose any performance.

Also if anyone has tips in finding one of these things around Cincinnati let me know. Found an xbox, but really want a ps.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Damn these things are hard to find. The online retailers have been such a cluster .
Also for those with hard drive concerns just wait a bit. From videos I have seen there is an extra slot for another hard drive. Trust me, this is NOTHING special, and people will be cranking these out in high capacity soon driving the cost down. You will be able to double, or potentially triple your space soon enough and wont lose any performance.
Also if anyone has tips in finding one of these things around Cincinnati let me know. Found an xbox, but really want a ps.

Trying to get a ps5 has been such a frustrating process that I think I'm just going to wait until there's a ps5 slim in a few years and let my ps plus account lapse. I rarely use it and I'll let withholding my $60 a year subscription fee be my protest.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Trying to get a ps5 has been such a frustrating process that I think I'm just going to wait until there's a ps5 slim in a few years and let my ps plus account lapse. I rarely use it and I'll let withholding my $60 a year subscription fee be my protest.

I got one day 1 but truth is I haven't played it much because there isn't much to play. So I don't think it's worth rushing until the second wave of games comes out

#415 3 years ago

Just wait until after Santa comes and goes. There should be plenty to buy then. I'm getting both consoles, but in the meantime, just collecting the games while I wait. And there really is only the new AC and Spiderman as far as launch titles go, IMO. So I don't feel like I'm missing anything right now.

#416 3 years ago

Luckily I got my ps5 from eBay and not from a con artist , yes it cost me 200.00 more then retail but that price was worth it to me for the hassle of finding one and no way I’m camping in some stupid line , rather work and make money then sit around idle

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Luckily I got my ps5 from eBay and not from a con artist , yes it cost me 200.00 more then retail but that price was worth it to me for the hassle of finding one and no way I’m camping in some stupid line , rather work and make money then sit around idle

I hate supporting scalpers, but you probably did the right thing for your own sanity. They dont make this thing fun to purchase.

I have a gamestop bundle coming in tomorrow, I got pretty lucky and grabbed one as soon as it dropped online. Been playing watchdogs on ps4 and absolutely loving it. I cannot wait to see it on PS5 for comparison.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You got half scalped, 200$ isn't too bad. A lot of them sell them for double or triple the price.

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

You got half scalped, 200$ isn't too bad. A lot of them sell them for double or triple the price.

Around a grand lately, just silly.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

As silly as POTC LE's selling for $15K or R&M pre-order spots selling for $5K? This hobby is just as guilty of scalping as any other one.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

As silly as POTC LE's selling for $15K or R&M pre-order spots selling for $5K? This hobby is just as guilty of scalping as any other one.

Yeah , but the difference is there aren’t 10 million pinball machines being made.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No, not really. These 2 pinballs have limited numbers. Even TBL has hit a more reasonable price point now that production seems to be more steady. There will be an endless supply of PlayStation 5, people are just willing to pay a premium to get one quickly.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah , but the difference is there aren’t 10 million pinball machines being made.

If there were 10 million buyers wanting a pinball machine there would be.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

If there were 10 million buyers wanting a pinball machine there would be.

I know my man. My only point is in a month you’ll be able to walk in any store and buy one. Something like R&M you’ll always have someone willing to pay a premium.

No real argument here, just hate people scalping a mass produced product.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No real argument here, just hate people scalping a mass produced product.

It doesn't bother me too much. People with more money than time can pay up to get one. People with more time than money can sit on their PC all day clicking refresh to get one at retail.

The first model of a new generation is always rushed and often has bugs. I wait a year or two until the price (and console size) comes down and the processing power and memory go up.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It doesn't bother me too much. People with more money than time can pay up to get one. People with more time than money can sit on their PC all day clicking refresh to get one at retail.
The first model of a new generation is always rushed and often has bugs. I wait a year or two until the price (and console size) comes down and the processing power and memory go up.

They don't sit on their PC clicking refresh, they have bots that do the job for them, check for when the item comes in stock and can buy piles of units within seconds. It's a whole industry, some developers sell the bots, then scalpers just need to install it, set the url and they are good to go.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They don't sit on their PC clicking refresh, they have bots that do the job for them, check for when the item comes in stock and can buy piles of units within seconds. It's a whole industry, some developers sell the bots, then scalpers just need to install it, set the url and they are good to go.

Some use bots. I know plenty of people that do it manually though. That's how I got the one from Best Buy for my niece. Ten minutes of refreshing.

Bots are fairly easy to write. I wrote about 300 for my former employer that screen-scraped medical data off of various sites.

#429 3 years ago

Word is PS5 stock refresh this week, not sure on US dates but Walmart Canada is 11:00am ET Dec 3rd. Get ready to click like crazy (that is sarcasm, don't refresh and click like crazy).

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It is crazy but nothing like Ebay PS3 prices at launch. People were selling, actually sold versus fake bidding, PS3's the day it was released for $3k+. To be fair there were around 400,000 PS3's available at launch in the US, and supposedly there were well over 1 million PS5's on launch day.

#431 3 years ago

Amazon messed up their PS5 ordering badly. And why not just allow pre-ordering, rather than the refresh nonsense? Could capture a lot more customers that way, rather than lose people when they go 'ah fuck it'. I'm in the latter category.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Word is PS5 stock refresh this week, not sure on US dates but Walmart Canada is 11:00am ET Dec 3rd. Get ready to click like crazy (that is sarcasm, don't refresh and click like crazy).

I read something about Walmart ca as well.

#433 3 years ago

Walmart.ca PS5 restock December 3rd @ 11am est. $629.96
Xbox Series X @ 12pm est. $599.96

2 months later
#434 3 years ago

So how is everyone enjoying the PS5? Still on PS4 here, but probably will snag a PS5 in a few months.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

So how is everyone enjoying the PS5? Still on PS4 here, but probably will snag a PS5 in a few months.

I haven't played it in a couple months now, there is just nothing to play on it, I don't think there's any need to rush on getting one, especially at scalpers price.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I haven't played it in a couple months now, there is just nothing to play on it, I don't think there's any need to rush on getting one, especially at scalpers price.

I feel the same, I thought about buying one until I saw the available games.

#437 3 years ago

My kids play it sometimes but Oculus is taking over or Fortnite on PC. Ive been playing Sackboy A Big Adventure 3 player co-op and i got to say its better then Mario 3d world on Switch/Wii U for a family multiplayer game. My older sons favorite game was actually PS4 game upgraded for PS5, God of War.

#438 3 years ago

I wish I could get one. Been playing cod on the 4 against everyone on their superior consoles and computers. My membership runs out the 25th and in a show of frustration I'm gonna walk away til I get a 5.

#439 3 years ago

PS5 and XB still unavailable. Amazon failed by not offering a simple 'pre-order' option. Instead we had the refresh 100 times at 2.00am competition nonsense, with bots ordering 10 units so ordinary folks get nothing anyway. I had units in my shopping cart that disappeared. Farce, and lost me as a customer.

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

PS5 and XB still unavailable. Amazon failed by not offering a simple 'pre-order' option. Instead we had the refresh 100 times at 2.00am competition nonsense, with bots ordering 10 units so ordinary folks get nothing anyway. I had units in my shopping cart that disappeared. Farce, and lost me as a customer.

I don't blame Amazon or any retailer for that matter, they are in the business of moving merchandise and they moved it. There is zero incentive for them to spend money organizing and setting up some kind of pre-order queue. It's a shitty situation but it's just the reality of the modern world. Sony or Microsoft should have sold them direct via their online stores. That would of course piss off the retailers. People just need to chill out and not pay the scalpers.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I had to preorder ours through Target but i also had a chance with Gamestop to preorder also but i canceled it. Amazon was the first place i tried to preorder from but they sure did drop the ball there!

#442 3 years ago

Only game I've played is Sackboy but I really enjoyed it. I've got everything completed except for that ridiculous last trial. Every trial stacked on top of each other?! GTFO!

I have Valhalla installed but I haven't started it yet. Really looking forward to Ratchet and Clank though, that's one of my favorite series.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

So how is everyone enjoying the PS5?

Still don’t play much on it yet (nothing PS5-specific of interest) but at least it’s black now! (dbrand “darkplates”)

FAC78D9B-0E33-44FC-955D-0791605B172E (resized).jpegFAC78D9B-0E33-44FC-955D-0791605B172E (resized).jpeg

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Amazon was the first place i tried to preorder from but they sure did drop the ball there!

Yep, absolutely. Amazon offer pre-order for new books and most stuff, but adopted a different 'model' for the latest consoles. And even consoles they used to do regular pre-order until recently, as I've been doing at launch for all consoles back to the Genesis (sad I know, and obviously Amazon wasn't around THAT long ago).

IMO it would be easier and less painful for all concerned just to offer a pre-order option. Simples. And these automated multi-order bots are a DAMN nuisance. Reason alone to ditch the new 'strategy' by Amazon, I'd say. It's pissing way too many people off, albeit in a 'first world problems' kind of way, admittedly

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Only game I've played is Sackboy but I really enjoyed it. I've got everything completed except for that ridiculous last trial. Every trial stacked on top of each other?! GTFO!
I have Valhalla installed but I haven't started it yet. Really looking forward to Ratchet and Clank though, that's one of my favorite series.

For the Xbox Series X, the game I'm looking forward to is MS Flight Simulator. It's supposedly not a cutdown version, but as good as the PC version, which is quite an achievement given the incredibly expensive PC systems people are buying to play it.

Back in the day, I bought a Samsung Nuon just to play Tempest 3000 (and the other Minter games thereon). Hopefully the XB has more games and functionality, but the same principle applies

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm trying to get into RDR2 right now, but I'm just playing it about an hour a week. Not much is happening, no real fighting at all. I'm at the point where I just robbed the train.

I finally loaded RDR2 back up about a month ago, 7 months after last playing it. Completed the main storyline last week. It was alright. I did most of the side missions, but didn't really do any of the crafting, or competitions, or whatever can raise you stats. I didn't go out and hunt down all the "perfect" animal pelts and turn them in. I didn't try to find all the legendary animals, but if I got the message that I was in legendary animal territory I hunted them down. I didn't know about fast traveling until I think chapter 5, so I did a lot of horse riding.... The story was pretty good, but it seemed it was 90% riding from place to place and 10% doing stuff once I got there.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I finally loaded RDR2 back up about a month ago, 7 months after last playing it. Completed the main storyline last week. It was alright. I did most of the side missions, but didn't really do any of the crafting, or competitions, or whatever can raise you stats. I didn't go out and hunt down all the "perfect" animal pelts and turn them in. I didn't try to find all the legendary animals, but if I got the message that I was in legendary animal territory I hunted them down. I didn't know about fast traveling until I think chapter 5, so I did a lot of horse riding.... The story was pretty good, but it seemed it was 90% riding from place to place and 10% doing stuff once I got there.

I felt the same. It was a bit of fun but most of the time it wasn't as spectacular as everyone was saying. I don't think I will ever play it again now.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I felt the same. It was a bit of fun but most of the time it wasn't as spectacular as everyone was saying. I don't think I will ever play it again now.

I played it mostly as a good guy. I didn't kill or rob too many people out in the country. I probably would have if it wasn't for the bounties on my head. Might have been more fun to just kill everybody in sight.

#449 3 years ago

I fired up RDR2 after not playing in forever as well. I have to say before the pandemic I was not a fan, but post pandemic I enjoyed just putting it in cinematic mode while riding place to place while having some bourbon. They did an amazing job with the scenery, and its certainly a deep game. I am not sure I have ever dismissed a game and then went back and enjoyed it, but crazy times I guess.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

but it seemed it was 90% riding from place to place and 10% doing stuff once I got there

I could never get past this aspect of the game. I really wanted to like it. Loved the first one. But the number of times I'd spend five minutes in real time riding somewhere, do a task and then realize I had to ride all the way back to where I was.... Just got so sick of it. Never ended up finishing the story. I will agree that putting on cinematic view and just watching the scenery was very impressive. And yes, obviously with bourbon.

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/9?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.