pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
#351 3 years ago

Got an email from Best Buy earlier today to optionally schedule a pickup time between 6-9am on day of release for each of the XSX and PS5 preorders. A method to spread out the crowd rather than have everyone there at 9am, I guess.

#352 3 years ago

Nice, I'm looking forward to getting mine as well.

#353 3 years ago

I'll have an extra Xbox Series X available on Tuesday - anybody in central/northern NJ need one and have anything interesting to trade?

#354 3 years ago

Order update from Amazon, my ps5 is arriving day 1 yipeeee !

The only downside is that I still have no interest in any of the day 1 games !

#355 3 years ago

The creator of this thread has unfortunately gone to a better place
R.I.P. Terrie

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

The creator of this thread has unfortunately gone to a better place
R.I.P. Terrie
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie

Very sad. An odd coincidence, but the OP of the Nintendo Switch thread also died. I hesitate to start an Xbox thread now.

#357 3 years ago

Terry(Who-Dey) will be dearly missed!!

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Terry(Who-Dey) will be dearly missed!!

This thread won't be the same without him. He was so excited to get his PS-5

#359 3 years ago

Dammit! I should of bought a 4 a year ago. My cheap ass was waiting for the 5. We would had so much fun together bro!

29FDA881-C6AE-4FDF-9FE0-FC1909E564CE (resized).png29FDA881-C6AE-4FDF-9FE0-FC1909E564CE (resized).png
#360 3 years ago

It’s like being 16 years old again - 2 new consoles, a new AC/DC album, and I can’t sit and drink at the bars.

Says something unkind about both my age and the lack of interesting launch titles that both of these are still unopened.

BC9C2975-83C5-49FF-A48E-765BCC66C3D4 (resized).jpegBC9C2975-83C5-49FF-A48E-765BCC66C3D4 (resized).jpeg

#361 3 years ago

Tried a few of the Walmart ordering windows today with no luck whatsoever.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Me too. Then realized I just don't give a shit anymore. Like Blackjacker said, there's no real reason to rush out and get it. I have my AC Valhalla waiting for when I get a new console (I'm getting both like he did because I'm a loser). But I'm happy to wait until January when the rush slows down.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It’s like being 16 years old again - 2 new consoles, a new AC/DC album, and I can’t sit and drink at the bars.
Says something unkind about both my age and the lack of interesting launch titles that both of these are still unopened.
[quoted image]

I'm right there with you, buddy. But I'm such a loser I ordered the light-up neon AC/DC boxed CD thingy. That won't arrive for another week or so. How much crap can one guy own? The answer is "never enough."

#364 3 years ago

The one day my UPS delivery is late

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Whoever decided to create 4 frustrating ordering windows instead of one should fired. What's worse than
trying to buy the system and having the site crash and missing out? Having it happen 4 times in the same day.

#366 3 years ago

I snagged one from Best Buy yesterday. Just randomly decided to check around 10 AM and they were in stock. Won't be available to pick up for a week though. I probably won't keep it. My niece wants one for her husband for Christmas. I'll give it to her if she can't find one herself by then.

#367 3 years ago

While picking up my pre-order from Best Buy during my 7am-7:30am scheduled window, I looked at the display table with the available titles for it, and........so F'n meh! Not a single one interested me to spend any money, let alone my time, on playing. I guess I'm glad I bought these for my kids instead of myself, because they'll be laying in hiding, waiting for Christmas, and I really hope some worthwhile titles drop between now and then. And here I thought pinball launches were the real hype killers.

#368 3 years ago

My pre-order PS5 digital is set to be delivered today. As soon as it gets here I'm selling it to a co-worker for what I paid for it. I have no interest in the launch titles and he is really wanting to play the new Assassin's Creed game. I'm waiting for Horizon Forbidden West, and that might not be released til this time next year.

#369 3 years ago

Tried all day yesterday and today. No luck

#370 3 years ago

I was able to grab 2 yesterday and it was no easy task. I was able to snag the first at Best Buy and the second at Wal-Mart. Thankfully the Wal-Mart app came through since the website was bogged down. Plan on giving the 2nd one to my nephew as a gift.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

My pre-order PS5 digital is set to be delivered today. As soon as it gets here I'm selling it to a co-worker for what I paid for it. I have no interest in the launch titles and he is really wanting to play the new Assassin's Creed game. I'm waiting for Horizon Forbidden West, and that might not be released til this time next year.

Horizon Forbidden West was the only game I wanted as well, but I read today it will be released on the PS4 as well, so there's no reason for me to keep the PS5.

#372 3 years ago

Mine ended up arriving last night, I haven't played it much though, my son hasn't given me the pad yet. I got Spiderman and Sackboy, mostly for him as I have no interest in these games.

The new gamepad is incredibly smooth and precise, really a step forward there. From a pure graphic perspective, the games are surely not optimized for the PS5 yet so they look more like PS4 Pro, with a much better rendering of shadows and lights but at this point it's clearly not the same jump in quality than it was moving from PS3 to PS4

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The new gamepad is incredibly smooth and precise, really a step forward there. From a pure graphic perspective, the games are surely not optimized for the PS5 yet so they look more like PS4 Pro, with a much better rendering of shadows and lights but at this point it's clearly not the same jump in quality than it was moving from PS3 to PS4

The controller is the one thing that most shocked me about Microsoft this generation. The Xbox hardcore have always felt that controller was superior, it was like the one thing they were hanging on too. It’s like Microsoft has just accepted they can’t compete and are only focusing on their base. Sony is just going to continue to dominate the market.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The controller is the one thing that most shocked me about Microsoft this generation. The Xbox hardcore have always felt that controller was superior, it was like the one thing they were hanging on too. It’s like Microsoft has just accepted they can’t compete and are only focusing on their base. Sony is just going to continue to dominate the market.

I also have an Xbox One, the one thing they got right, and I must say I still don't get why Sony didn't swap the joysticks, is that the left analog stick is aligned with the buttons.

Nowadays there aren't many games that still uses the D-Pad, so it makes more sense to have the analog left stick as the main one, and use the D Pad below to access secondary function. Although having the 2 analog pads aligned on the PS Stick also makes a lot of sense, but in my opinion only for FPS games where moving and aiming at once becomes critical

I will likely end up being an Xbox S at some points, Microsoft is in a big shopping spree after their move on Bethesda, so it will go back to the good old war of exclusive titles, and some of the MS titles are definitely on my radar. The cheap one at 299 should do a fine job, not too bad price wise actually.

#375 3 years ago

Who-Dey is ( not was ) my friend on playstation and I will not delete him. Hopefully in transfers to the PS5 when I finally get one.
This way I always remember the bloke.

#376 3 years ago

So it has been out a lil while. Is the PS5 worth it? like leaps and bounds better?

#377 3 years ago

Well I just got my Xbox one series x from eBay , turned out to be a Box of cleaning supplies never had fraud happen before

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I just got my Xbox one series x from eBay , turned out to be a Box of cleaning supplies never had fraud happen before

Ebay is the last place on earth where I buy anything, way too much fraud. I hope you paid with PayPal and can get a refund

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ebay is the last place on earth where I buy anything, way too much fraud. I hope you paid with PayPal and can get a refund

I opened a case with eBay . Didn’t the o.p. Of this threAd pass away ?

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I opened a case with eBay . Didn’t the o.p. Of this threAd pass away ?

Sadly yeah

#381 3 years ago

The big thing for this generation is going to be your display. If you don’t have a 4K HDR display your not going to experience a major leap. Also if you already went with a pro system and 4K HDR your kinda a half generation already. The difference is going to be dozens of subtle changes that add up to more than the sum. If you’re the kinda guy that loves the little details you will be impressed.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I also have an Xbox One, the one thing they got right, and I must say I still don't get why Sony didn't swap the joysticks, is that the left analog stick is aligned with the buttons.

No...the one thing Xbox got right is Dolby Atmos support. You STILL can't get that on a Playstation. Makes no damn sense for a $500 console.

#383 3 years ago

My brother who works in IT all day at home at his PC was able to secure me one at Walmart. It literally took him all day with many different browsers open for every place that has a listing up just hitting refresh over and over.

He's a good brother, I think I'll keep him

Now if there were only a game worth playing right now. Definitely want the new HZD, GOW, FF16, and R&C whenever they drop. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the upgrade on my 4K TV and projector. For some reason I only get pink screen on my projector from my PS4 on HDR. Tinkered with trying to get it to work for a while and then just turned it off.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh shit that sucks! Sorry to hear this.

#385 3 years ago

I tried Astro play room while waiting for COD to load, it shows everything that the new gamepad can do and wow it does a lot.

The triggers can send feedback or even lock, it's the closest a gamepad ever got to an analog throttle, it's very impressive.

#386 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm that The Pinball Arcade transfers and works on PS5?

Pretty please I hope this works

#387 3 years ago

My ps5 preorder comes tomorrow, I heard its awesome. Honestly I am very very impressed with XBox ONe X. Although sometimes when switching HDMi inputs I get a black screen and have to turn on and off tv again to make it work, they said its a known HDMi xbox bug.. hopefully firmware will fix it. Love me some COD, been playing all sorts of old games, picture quality is better.

#388 3 years ago

BTW ebay is a pain in the butt to work with. They are like "so you want your money back?". Im like YES! Im not paying 970.00 for a damn bottle of bleach. Are they stupid or what.

#389 3 years ago

Amazon has a B2G1 for select Xbox, PS5, PS4, and Switch games. I picked up Valhalla for my brother and I (which is at $49.99 ea.) and a third game all for $104. $35 per game is a pretty good deal.

#390 3 years ago

Ok so eBay finally sided with me and told me to return the cleaning supplies to seller and get my money back so I have label with the guys actual name, anyone live in Chicago and want to throw some dog doo doo at his door for me ? I’ll give u 10 bucks ?

#391 3 years ago

Wal-Mart had them today online at 3PM but it didn't last long.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Can anyone confirm that The Pinball Arcade transfers and works on PS5?
Pretty please I hope this works

Just launched it and my tables are there and started a game of Medieval Madness. I didn’t play a full game but seemed to work fine.

#393 3 years ago

Do you dudes have yours set up out in the open, or inside of a cabinet? My XBOneX and PS4 Pro are in the cabinet under the TV in the pic (I keep it open when they’re on) but it sounds like with the air the new ones push out that I’m better served keeping these out in the open.

One week later and I’m at least closer to setting them up. (Man, the PS5 is one damn ugly console.) I may just set up some kind of low shelf for them where the PS5 is sitting now:

CF3232C4-4272-438E-9017-3DBE8021A121 (resized).jpegCF3232C4-4272-438E-9017-3DBE8021A121 (resized).jpeg

#394 3 years ago

My ps5 being delivered today crossing my fingers it not fraud again . That Walmart supply yesterday was impossible to get. Newer receivers have a faulty chip ! They don’t work right with Xbox !

#395 3 years ago

Ok my ps5 came it’s the ugliest game console I have ever had and I have had them all

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok my ps5 came it’s the ugliest game console I have ever had and I have had them all

It really is...

Picked up mine today, then sold it to my niece a couple hours later. The box was huge. I was afraid I'd get robbed on my way from the store to the car.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yep it's impressive how ugly this one is.

But with this fantastic controller in hands I totally forgive them !

#398 3 years ago

For you guys that have the PS5/Xbox, can you lie the unit on its side, or so they have to be standing up? I'm getting both after Christmas so I have to figure out how to rearrange my shelving unit.

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For you guys that have the PS5/Xbox, can you lie the unit on its side, or so they have to be standing up? I'm getting both after Christmas so I have to figure out how to rearrange my shelving unit.

The ps5 can lay flat but only on the stand they provide. It's really wide though, mine doesn't fit in the shelves either way, and that's because of these white plastic covers that don't look necessary.

#400 3 years ago

Ok I have both (xbox series x and ps5), and although the two are great machines, my lean is more towards the XBox despite its HDMI bug issue. I think old games being upscaled looks better, the interface is a bit better, and the unit itself looks much more pleasing and can actually fit in my stereo stand. Plus can't ever go wrong with an xbox controller.
Just my two cents

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/8?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.