pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got the disc less version. I was gonna get the blue ray drive but they were sold out and i like digital games better anyway because i hate changing the disc in and out. The consoles are identical except for the blue ray drive. The games look amazing on this thing, cant wait to get it. Resident Evil and Demon Souls, odd world, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman.....man these games look sweet! I didn't think I would like the white console either but after getting a closer look at it i like it.

I got a pre-order for the digital version as well. The only time I buy physical discs any more is when I buy them from a co-worker or friend. It's so much easier to buy games from the Playstation Store, especially when they have a kick ass sale going on. If there aren't enough games that interest me at launch I'll just sell this one off to someone I know (not for profit) and pick one up down the road. Really looking forward to new Resident Evil and Horizon games.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

It's so much easier to buy games from the Playstation Store, especially when they have a kick ass sale going on.

Yeah, Sony really does have digital storefront pricing dialed in.

New games are $60-70, in 4-6 months they're on sale for $40, in 9 months they're $30, and a year or two later they're on sale for $10-15 bucks. Not every game of course, but in general you can expect this kind of trajectory.

Buying high-quality games is as affordable as it's ever been, even digitally.

#303 3 years ago

HAD a pre order for nearly two months and was super excited to order the ps5 on release.
Well just got fxxked in the arse as The Gamesmen in Sydney just cancelled my pre order for no reason and do you think I can get one anywhere else?
NOT A HOPE IN HELL
closest pre order was 2021
DING DANG!
oh well, back to pinball

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

HAD a pre order for nearly two months and was super excited to order the ps5 on release.
Well just got fxxked in the arse as The Gamesmen in Sydney just cancelled my pre order for no reason and do you think I can get one anywhere else?
NOT A HOPE IN HELL
closest pre order was 2021
DING DANG!
oh well, back to pinball

That is BS, i would be pissed. Hopefully they will be available pretty quickly for people after the initial launch.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I got a pre-order for the digital version as well. The only time I buy physical discs any more is when I buy them from a co-worker or friend. It's so much easier to buy games from the Playstation Store, especially when they have a kick ass sale going on. If there aren't enough games that interest me at launch I'll just sell this one off to someone I know (not for profit) and pick one up down the road. Really looking forward to new Resident Evil and Horizon games.

I love digital games. I mean don't get me wrong, i loved the midnight releases at Gamestop when there would be like 400 people waiting in line to get their copy of Call of Duty but the convenience of digital games is so awesome that i just don't want to buy physical copies anymore. I have a friend that is so pissed off about digital games That he’s about ready to go off the deep end. I keep telling him that he may as well scratch his ass and get glad because there will be no physical copies soon and he refuses to believe it. Then i tell him that physical games should cost more money and that makes his head explode again lol.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a friend that is so pissed off about digital games That he’s about ready to go off the deep end.

This guy needs to re-examine his life (to the extent he has one).

#307 3 years ago

I am interested in the PS5, but not in white. I am in no hurry to buy one. I am going to wait and see what if any different versions they come out with and more games. So maybe in 2021 for myself.

#308 3 years ago

Just confirmed yesterday that I am in on the release day shipment

Now to get in on a Xbox series X , roll on 22nd

#309 3 years ago

I missed the boat on pre order and am super bummed. Just been really busy and forgot all about it. Oh well. Hopefully ilk get one soon. Pre order spots on e bay are already out of control.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I missed the boat on pre order and am super bummed. Just been really busy and forgot all about it. Oh well. Hopefully ilk get one soon. Pre order spots on e bay are already out of control.

It's ok man there will be more available soon, just hang in there.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

This guy needs to re-examine his life (to the extent he has one).

Lol man if you seen his rants on this subject you would seriously pee your pants from laughing so hard. He's not the smartest guy in the world and it's just hilarious to get him ranting about it. He says its costing people their jobs at gamestop and they have children to feed and all kinds of crazy stuff lol. He is a trip I tell ya. I tell him he's like a Caveman living in the stone age ......its so funny.

#312 3 years ago

I saw the PS5 preorders when they were available but I didn't bite. I usually wait until the next instance of a new console comes out. Let them work out the bugs with the people that have to have them on day one. The next iteration will have better specs and probably be cheaper.

I just got my PS4 18 months ago.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I saw the PS5 preorders when they were available but I didn't bite. I usually wait until the next instance of a new console comes out. Let them work out the bugs with the people that have to have them on day one. The next iteration will have better specs and probably be cheaper.
I just got my PS4 18 months ago.

I ain't skeered! I cant wait until November 12th to get mine.

#314 3 years ago

I got in the hype and pre ordered a ps, the disc version. Then I figured I should get some games and found nothing of interest to buy, so it will be my first game less system since I got into gaming.

I don't recall any day 1 launch being so thin in games, it looks like Sony didn't deliver the sdk in time to allow developers to make games.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got in the hype and pre ordered a ps, the disc version. Then I figured I should get some games and found nothing of interest to buy, so it will be my first game less system since I got into gaming.
I don't recall any day 1 launch being so thin in games, it looks like Sony didn't deliver the sdk in time to allow developers to make games.

I think the list is pretty good actually and there is a bunch of great games coming very soon after launch....like really soon after launch. Also don't forget that PS Plus members get to play all of the Playstation 4 exclusives for free. That's pretty huge also in my opinion.

#316 3 years ago

I think the list is thin too. Although death loop looks good enough. I know cyber punk 2077 will be good so theres that. If you decide to sell before launch Lmk. It will be the easiest $50 you ever made.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got in the hype and pre ordered a ps, the disc version. Then I figured I should get some games and found nothing of interest to buy...

Same. Ordered the full-strength PS5, then went back and ordered an extra controller. Then took a look through the launch games and... what a wasteland. Probably end up ordering Demon’s Souls just because I’ve never played it.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Same. Ordered the full-strength PS5, then went back and ordered an extra controller. Then took a look through the launch games and... what a wasteland. Probably end up ordering Demon’s Souls just because I’ve never played it.

Consoles always could use more launch games but this isnt that bad honestly and there will be a lot games coming out quickly. If you think the PS5 has a weak launch lineup, check out the XBOX, it really is bad. Only thing I'm disappointed in is the small hard drive. It's going to cost us a good chunk of money to add more hard drive space when it comes time to do so.

#319 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200919-173322 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200919-173322 (resized).png
#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Consoles always could use more launch games but this isnt that bad honestly and there will be a lot games coming out quickly. If you think the PS5 has a weak launch lineup, check out the XBOX, it really is bad. Only thing I'm disappointed in is the small hard drive. It's going to cost us a good chunk of money to add more hard drive space when it comes time to do so.

I think they’re both pretty bad. Tried to preorder ps5 but didn’t get in.

#321 3 years ago

That wont work on a PS5, its gotta be a SSD hard drive. Seems like they are about $169.00 for a 1TB.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think they’re both pretty bad. Tried to preorder ps5 but didn’t get in.

Sony promises more pre orders are coming. It their way of saying sorry for the pre order debacle.......so they say anyways. The problem is when people know when they are going on sale these scalpers swoop in and grab them up so they can sell them on Ebay for a grand.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That wont work on a PS5, its gotta be a SSD hard drive. Seems like they are about $169.00 for a 1TB.

It seems like Sony is still working out the details. From what I've read PS4 games can be played from an external USB hard drive but not PS5 games. PS5 games will need to be played from the internal hard drive (or whatever supported drives Sony adds) which operates at 5.5 gb/s. The internal PS5 hard drive transfer speed is higher then PCIe 3.0 but slightly slower then the max speed of PICe 4.0 NVMe SSD's. For PS5 games I wonder if Sony will only allow disk space to be expanded using a PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive.

Pumped for the PS5! It seems like a lot of system for $400 - $500.

https://www.gamesradar.com/an-additional-ps5-ssd-upgrade-is-going-to-be-a-must-have-accessory-just-dont-buy-one-at-launch/

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-ssd-why-its-better-than-hdd

Example of 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive, $360.

https://www.amazon.com/Inland-Performance-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B07TBBCWYK/ref=sr_1_5

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who got their PS5 pre order in today? I had to work but my gf went to gamestop for me and she got the last one! Woo Hoo....cant wait!!

That's great, glad ya got one! I preordered a disk and diskless one from Amazon, will cancel one of them. What are your thoughts on going all digital this generation versus staying with disks? I'm still on the fence.

The PS Plus Collection announcement was also a nice surprise.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21440383/the-playstation-plus-collection-complete-game-list-release-date-price

#325 3 years ago

Damn......thats harsh. I was hoping to use my same drive from my 4 to 5......that makes me sad.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Damn......thats harsh. I was hoping to use my same drive from my 4 to 5......that makes me sad.

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. You will at least be able to use your existing USB hard drive to run PS4 games, just not PS5 games.

#327 3 years ago

Ya but thats wild. Games are demanding more and more gigs of space. Someone who goes through games fairly quickly will run out of space fairly quick.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great, glad ya got one! I preordered a disk and diskless one from Amazon, will cancel one of them. What are your thoughts on going all digital this generation versus staying with disks? I'm still on the fence.
https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21440383/the-playstation-plus-collection-complete-game-list-release-date-price

For me, I personally like and bought the all digital. I would have paid the extra for the blue ray player but they were out and it didnt matter anyways because I download my games anyway. I dont buy every game that comes out, pretty much only games that I will play for years like GTA, Diablo, Red Dead Redemption and stuff like that....in other words games I wouldn't be trading back in.

I do like the NHL game and I will buy a few games like Resident Evil that I may only play through once and never play again but I usually scoop up games like that on black Friday after they have been out a couple years and I can get them dirt cheap. The sports games though are only worth about two dollars trade in so I'd rather just give them to someone else if I'm only gonna get two or three dollars out of them.

I have no problem going digital though. Its convenient as hell and I don't have all those games sitting around. To each his own I guess. They claim that digital sales account for 85% of all game sales so if that's true the future os definitely going to be digital like it or not I would say. Game companies like that better also because theres alot more profit in digital games.

I'm 55 years old and I still get as excited about video games as I did when I was a kid. I dont know if that's weird or not but if it is I'm ok with it because I love it. I know a guy who is 75 that plays call.of duty every night online and hes pretty decent. If I live that long 8 hope that I can do the same thing.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you think the PS5 has a weak launch lineup, check out the XBOX, it really is bad.

Yeah it’s crap as well. Tuesday will be the same routine - order Series X with an extra controller and no game. Maybe get the new Call of Duty when it comes out later that week for the X to have something “new” to toss in it.

#330 3 years ago

Im in for digital, as long as I don't have to wait to play games. I can't stand load times. I was going to go xbox, but their game line up is terrible

#331 3 years ago

In on a preorder disk version and xtra controller. Kids looking forward to Miles Morales and Lego Skywalker saga on it but no games really caught my eye yet.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Im in for digital, as long as I don't have to wait to play games. I can't stand load times. I was going to go xbox, but their game line up is terrible

According to Sony the PS5 will have like no load times at all because of the SSD hard drive. Its supposed to to load games up instantly where the XBOX will not. I'm not knocking XBOX either because it's a great system as well, just saying.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My PS4 is my Bluray/DVD player. And I have a lot of things on disk. So I will buy the disk version to replace the PS4.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

According to Sony the PS5 will have like no load times at all because of the SSD hard drive. Its supposed to to load games up instantly where the XBOX will not. I'm not knocking XBOX either because it's a great system as well, just saying.

Dude, that's all I need to hear. I got a first gen ps4. Playing battlefront 2 was rediculous. 3-4 minutes to load a map. It's unplayable. Are the games all download or some on disc?

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Dude, that's all I need to hear. I got a first gen ps4. Playing battlefront 2 was rediculous. 3-4 minutes to load a map. It's unplayable. Are the games all download or some on disc?

They make two consoles. One has a disc for 499 and one is download only with no disc for 399. Also if you get a PS Plus membership you can play all the exclusive games that were on the PS4 for free and theres a bunch of great games.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They make two consoles. One has a disc for 499 and one is download only with no disc for 399. Also if you get a PS Plus membership you can play all the exclusive games that were on the PS4 for free and theres a bunch of great games.

how long did the preorder boat last anyway?

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

It's unlikely to make that much of a difference in an online game like that. More like single player games. Basically it should load as fast as your pc now, which has had ssd tech for a long time. PS5 will have faster loading times than the xsx or pc theoretically but you're probably talking 1 second vs 2 seconds, not the minutes we had before. PS5 will be behind graphically those other two, but probably negligible like the load times.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

how long did the preorder boat last anyway?

It sold out pretty much instantly from what I understand. Most stores didn't get many of them at all I dont think.

#339 3 years ago

Locked in a Xbox series X Roll on November 12

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Locked in a Xbox series X Roll on November 12

I failed on ps5 preorder, so I'm going to try and get the series X tomorrow. Hopefully 3 of them for me and my two boys. Ps5 will have to wait until they get their supply chain together, which probably won't be until next year sometime.

#341 3 years ago

Load times will not be an issue on PS5. Well they shouldn’t be, but I’m sure there will be shitty games that have them. I know it’s a base level differenter from G4 to G5. That’s nerd speak for if a game comes out on both platforms it’s expected that G5 version won’t have load times

#342 3 years ago

I got lucky and got a Xbox Series X preorder. I was on the fence about PS5 this time because the new games I want to play are still coming out on PS4, and I haven't had an Xbox in a few gens. I'll still grab a PS5 down the road but I didn't feel the need to rush especially after the sony preorders shut me out.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I got lucky and got a Xbox Series X preorder. I was on the fence about PS5 this time because the new games I want to play are still coming out on PS4, and I haven't had an Xbox in a few gens. I'll still grab a PS5 down the road but I didn't feel the need to rush especially after the sony preorders shut me out.

Get both...win win! I dont think the preorder fiasco was Sony's fault. The stores started selling the pre orders early. Pretty sure that wasnt a Sony decision.

1 week later
#344 3 years ago

I don't see any need myself to pre-order a PS5... I will get one though as soon there is a game I want to play that I can not play on the PS4, or the PS4 breaks. The last few games I have just bought digitally, so I will just get the digital version myself.

I never finished RDR2 so I have been trying to wrap that up now. When I played it before, I didn't like all the riding around. Now I just put in cinematic view and sip some Bourbon and I don't care how long it takes. Thanks 2020

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

I don't see any need myself to pre-order a PS5... I will get one though as soon there is a game I want to play that I can not play on the PS4, or the PS4 breaks. The last few games I have just bought digitally, so I will just get the digital version myself.
I never finished RDR2 so I have been trying to wrap that up now. When I played it before, I didn't like all the riding around. Now I just put in cinematic view and sip some Bourbon and I don't care how long it takes. Thanks 2020

I didnt really see a need to get one yet either, I just jumped on the opportunity to get one more than anything because I know that I'm getting one no matter what anyways. Still plenty of goodness left in the PS4 for sure.

#346 3 years ago

This may be akin to a newb saying that TAF is great, and everybody already knows this, but I've had the last week off and finally got round to playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Holy Crap it is amazing, with gameplay, storyline, graphics, humour, everything - it really is by far the best game I have ever played.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

My 10 yr olds beaten RDR2 two times now and loves it. I always got to play the poker part for him. He loves GTA5 to and beaten that few times. I got a ps5 and the new Assasin Creed coming hoping he likes it as much. GIjoe showing up tomorrow to play with my 5 yr old co-op story mode since he loves fortnite and looks similar and im a GIjoe fan.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

SSD and pcie4, that brings the price up to 200 for now but it will go down as always.

But this is only an additional drive. The system hdd is soldered on the main board and won't be easy to replace that's where I'm more concerned.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

My 10 yr olds beaten RDR2 two times now and loves it. I always got to play the poker part for him. He loves GTA5 to and beaten that few times. I got a ps5 and the new Assasin Creed coming hoping he likes it as much. GIjoe showing up tomorrow to play with my 5 yr old co-op story mode since he loves fortnite and looks similar and im a GIjoe fan.

Cant... not... read... "R2D2"...

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

SSD and pcie4, that brings the price up to 200 for now but it will go down as always.
But this is only an additional drive. The system hdd is soldered on the main board and won't be easy to replace that's where I'm more concerned.

Hopefully it wont fo out. If it does may just have to get another system. That would suck for sure.

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/7?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.