pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.
#251 3 years ago

It's funny how you cant even talk about this stuff in today's society without being considered a terrible person and hater. I dont hate or dislike anyone at all. I just dont want people telling me how I have to think, who I have to like, and what I have to accept as being normal. There is this big push to make everyone accept all of this crazy BS and if you dont then you are a racist, sexist, bigot, or whatever. I am none of those things and I have friends of every race, color and gender.

I just want to live in a world where people arent trying to force their agenda down my throat. I dont do that shit to people and I dont want anyone doing it to me. I just want to go home and play a non political or agenda driven video game or turn on a sporting even and not have to see a bunch of dumbasses kneeling during the national anthem and relax. Is that too much to ask for?

I also.want to eat my damn pancakes and look at Aunt Jamima on the box. Sheesh.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

5 hours In TLOU2 and meh, I wasn't expecting complete revolution but it feels like playing a long DLC that cost 60$ and took 7 years to make.
Same action, same patterns, more talking, actually way more talking with long and slow conversations that have less impact than what used to be some real character and story building in the first episode.
I guess it's a payback from the first one where they explored everything that survivors could do in an apocalypse setting. Except going to Mars there wasn't much more to do.
Anyways I'll keep going, it's not unpleasant it's just slightly boring without much hooks to stay stuck to my chair.

I think what's peculiar about this game is that even more than the first game, it feels like the plague is really completely in the background. It often felt that way in the original, but there was a balance to some degree.

My issues at about 12 hours in, are more large based character arc and the entire plot really being immersed in more of a Springer style personal melodrama, than a larger than life plot that deals with the characters trying to change the world within.

Gameplay has always been peculiar in this series, much like how Uncharted developed with the second game and more so with each release. I often feel more frustrated by gameplay, than pulled in by it, as the intense melodrama gets cut into by overdrawn action scenes. Then in reverse, sometimes action sequences feel cut off by an interjection of character interaction. It's a weird balance that sometimes feels more bogged down than fluid.

I also get tired of scouring every corner of a map, (which in this game even more so than the original, is more sprawling and confusing at times) for collectables and ammo/crafting items. It's an odd gameplay loop that feels more hamster in a wheel, than natural and fluid.

As far as Ellie's characterization and romance, it's definitely blanketing/suffocating at times. I feel like if this was a hetero based relationship with a young man, no one would cheer it on or curse it for existing. So in that sense it feels a bit sensationalist more so than substantial in that aspect. It's an element of drama that feels less compelling for me than the nurture and growth that was presented for both Ellie and Joel in their process of learning about one another in the prior game. The original title always focused on Ellie being the chosen one, but it also focused on Joel overcoming his grief by befriending someone he never intended to, on top of the overall world building and the attempt at resolving the plague. It felt like the two leads, and the backdrop, all balanced the game direction really, really well.

This so far, just feels a bit lost in why it exists, and via it's birth, somewhat dilutes the brilliance of the stength of the original two leads from the first game.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think what's peculiar about this game is that even more than the first game, it feels like the plague is really completely in the background. It often felt that way in the original, but there was a balance to some degree.
My issues at about 12 hours in, are more large based character arc and the entire plot really being immersed in more of a Springer style personal melodrama, than a larger than life plot that deals with the characters trying to change the world within.
Gameplay has always been peculiar in this series, much like how Uncharted developed with the second game and more so with each release. I often feel more frustrated by gameplay, than pulled in by it, as the intense melodrama gets cut into by overdrawn action scenes. Then in reverse, sometimes action sequences feel cut off by an interjection of character interaction. It's a weird balance that sometimes feels more bogged down than fluid.
I also get tired of scouring every corner of a map, (which in this game even more so than the original, is more sprawling and confusing at times) for collectables and ammo/crafting items. It's an odd gameplay loop that feels more hamster in a wheel, than natural and fluid.
As far as Ellie's characterization and romance, it's definitely blanketing/suffocating at times. I feel like if this was a hetero based relationship with a young man, no one would cheer it on or curse it for existing. So in that sense it feels a bit sensationalist more so than substantial in that aspect. It's an element of drama that feels less compelling for me than the nurture and growth that was presented for both Ellie and Joel in their process of learning about one another in the prior game. The original title always focused on Ellie being the chosen one, but it also focused on Joel overcoming his grief by befriending someone he never intended to, on top of the overall world building and the attempt at resolving the plague. It felt like the two leads, and the backdrop, all balanced the game direction really, really well.
This so far, just feels a bit lost in why it exists, and via it's birth, somewhat dilutes the brilliance of the stength of the original two leads from the first game.

You should get a job at IGN reviewing video games Wes!

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You should get a job at IGN reviewing video games Wes!

Thanks man! Ultimately I wish more people just shut the hell up, and listened more than spoke. Myself included.

We've decided to adopt constant polarization and negation, more so than understanding and acknowledgment of one another. It's sick, divisive, and really efficient for people high up above, to manage the constantly disruptive underlings.

You might feel one way, me another, another person an entirely different way. It's all fine, as long as it's not entirely hateful. And if someone wishes to be hateful, that's on them, and it will be a lonely world, unless they band with other hateful individuals. Which doesn't sound fun, at all.

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just want to live in a world where people arent trying to force their agenda down my throat. I dont do that shit to people and I dont want anyone doing it to me. I just want to go home and play a non political or agenda driven video game or turn on a sporting even and not have to see a bunch of dumbasses kneeling during the national anthem and relax. Is that too much to ask for?

No it's not too much to ask. No one forced you to buy that game, there is a disclaimer on the back of the game for sexual content and tons of interviews of Naughty Dog executives about that.

I respect your opinion but I don't think it should set the standard for everyone else either.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

there is a disclaimer on the back of the game for sexual content

Did it actually say there's gay sex and transsexuals in this game? I didn't buy the game but I had planned on it since I liked the first one so much but I definitely wont be buying it now I can guarantee you that much. I just cant believe that a company would be so idiotic with such a hot hot selling title.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ultimately I wish more people just shut the hell up, and listened more than spoke. Myself included

I agree with most of what you say but you arent going to change peoples mind about things like being gay, you just cant do it not should you try to.

I can guarantee you right now that they got pressure from the LGBTQ people and they felt forced to do this. I may not listen to other people's abnormal and anti Christian beliefs but I also dont go around trying to push my beliefs on people either. The sad part about this stupid ass world is I cant even mention the word Christian on here or anywhere else without being moderated or told that I'm not allowed to say it. People act like it's a bad thing or something.

I'm not trying to preach and I'm not even a religious person but when people start putting stuff like this ahead of Chrisianity then we got a major problem on our hands. Our society has completely lost its morals.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did it actually say there's gay sex and transsexuals in this game? I didn't buy the game but I had planned on it since I liked the first one so much but I definitely wont be buying it now I can guarantee you that much. I just cant believe that a company would be so idiotic with such a hot hot selling title.

There is nothing new there, Ellie already kissed a girl in the first episode DLC called Left behind. That was 6 years ago.

TLOU2 just got the record of the fastest selling video game in history, so I don't think people mind much or there aren't that many people that actually care.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is nothing new there, Ellie already kissed a girl in the first episode DLC called Left behind. That was 6 years ago.
TLOU2 just got the record of the fastest selling video game in history, so I don't think people mind much or there aren't that many people that actually care.

Yeah but lots of people are pissed off. People are taking their games back and trying to get their money back and everything. I just dont see the need to make things so controversial. They had to know that they were risking losing a big part of their fanbase by doing this.

#260 3 years ago

Is there a way to ignore someone but not lose the threads he happened to create? Took him off the day the game came out, but this is a disgrace.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there a way to ignore someone but not lose the threads he happened to create? Took him off the day the game came out, but this is a disgrace.

What is a disgrace? Having a different opinion than you? I dont understand for real?

#262 3 years ago

Cancel Culture

SJW GROW UP (resized).jpgSJW GROW UP (resized).jpg
#263 3 years ago

No doubt oldskool. Everyone is soft and looking for reasons to be offended these days. There are still some good younger people out there but they are few and far between these days let me tell ya. There are some though for sure.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No doubt oldskool. Everyone is soft and looking for reasons to be offended these days. There are still some good younger people out there but they are few and far between these days let me tell ya. There are some though for sure.

Good, bad, I guess it's all a matter of perspective

#265 3 years ago

Guys please quit shoving your gayness down WhoDey’s throat!!

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Guys please quit shoving your gayness down WhoDey’s throat!!

Lol that just doesn't sound right at all.

#267 3 years ago

Been playing tlou2 for couple days now I didn’t see anything wrong with it

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is a disgrace? Having a different opinion than you? I dont understand for real?

No, having an ignorant view on something is a disgrace.

If you need a quick way to figure out if a statement you are about to make about any group is not great, you can substitute in a race like "black".

For example, you saying "why do they feel the need to put in black characters" comes off pretty terrible. It's no different for saying that about any other discriminated group.

You can do better who-dey, I know you can.

#269 3 years ago

I am liking tlou2. It is super hard at times. Good game. Will def buy ps5 at release. Stiked for a new horizon dawn.

#270 3 years ago

If you guys are focusing the the sexual relationships in TLOU2, you're focusing on the completely wrong parts of it. I'm about 6 hours in. The story telling is this game is like NO OTHER.

If you liked the first one, the second one is more of that with better melee combat and the same world class story telling that Naughty Dog has mastered. It's worth it.

As for PS5, I usually wait for the second revision of a console before I step into "next gen". Usually it's slimmed down, with all the bugs fixed and possibly better specs (usually internal memory). Hopefully they make the memory expandable with an external HD like with PS4. I'm not entirely keen with the modem looking design of the PS5. Hopefully, they'll tone it down with the second revision.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Uncharted 4 wasn't that great in my opinion. I loved 1 and 2, 3 started slipping and 4 just wasn't great.

I agree that UC3 was a step down in both gameplay and story from 1 & 2. It was almost as if they were doing stuff just because it could be done (wave motion on the ocean liner) rather than focussing on the gameplay and story.

The story has become a much bigger part of the whole package compared to the game play throughout the series - maybe because as the PS4 loads the next chapter it needs something to take away from a black screen, hence the longer cinematics. Great when you first play the game, not so much when you're on your 2nd or 3rd run through. I just completed a run through collecting all of the missing rewards in UC4, and skipped the cinematics, only to be faced with a loading screen for 30seconds plus.

I think UC2 was the best overall of the series, but only just ahead of UC4.

Just had Hitman 1 & 2 delivered today, so will be trying them before trying to get into RDR2.

Will save TLOU 1&2 for a later date.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It is a personal view NOT an ignorant one, one of which I happen to agree with BTW.
Ignorant as a word or term of justification is used way too much these days by people who disagree with a certain view in an attempt to shut or put someone down.
Very bad choice of words on your behalf IMO Wolfmarsh.
You're a top bloke Who-Day and don't be told you can do better.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It is a personal view NOT an ignorant one, one of which I happen to agree with BTW.
Ignorant as a word or term of justification is used way too much these days by people who disagree with a certain view in an attempt to shut or put someone down.
Very bad choice of words on your behalf IMO Wolfmarsh.
You're a top bloke Who-Day and don't be told you can do better.

I agree dude but I just chose to let it go. I guess I cant say much because I call people dumbasses all the time for believing the way that he does but I would have never called him that because I have always thought he was cool guy.

With all that said though i dont really give a shit and i am not changing who i am for nobody, which was EXACTLY the point of the whole post that i made. I am tired of people telling me what i must accept and who i have to like and all this crap. I am an adult and i will decide those things on my own.

Thanks for having my back. It's all good and I wont be losing any sleep tonight over his comments.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you need a quick way to figure out if a statement you are about to make about any group is not great, you can substitute in a race like "black".
For example, you saying "why do they feel the need to put in black characters" comes off pretty terrible. It's no different for saying that about any other discriminated group.
You can do better who-dey, I know you can.

Except that racism is not a religious belief.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Except that racism is not a religious belief.

Racism was never what I was talking about so please don't go there because that is something that I am not.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Racism was never what I was talking about so please don't go there because that is something that I am not.

I wasn't answering you, I was answering wolfmarsh .

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wasn't answering you, I was answering wolfmarsh .

Oh ok gotcha.....sorry.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but lots of people are pissed off. People are taking their games back and trying to get their money back and everything. I just dont see the need to make things so controversial. They had to know that they were risking losing a big part of their fanbase by doing this.

You mean the fanbase who are homophobes including yourself.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

You mean the fanbase who are homophobes including yourself.

#280 3 years ago

Ok back to talking about TLOU2.

I'm starting to get what annoys me the list in the game.

Ellie is actually stronger than Joel was, she can kill zombies bare hands, her knife never brakes so she is never helpless againt clickers, and her sidekick can shoot and sometimes kill too.

And that is what kills the intensity of the action scenes and takes away a big part of what I enjoyed in the first one.

#281 3 years ago

All I know is resident evil VIIIage better be in freaking vr. I'll buy a ps5 day one in preparation.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

All I know is resident evil VIIIage better be in freaking vr. I'll buy a ps5 day one in preparation.

I would be shocked if it wasnt VR. That is the only title that might get me to buy a PS5 at launch. I love the RE games.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I love the RE games but I didnt like the shift to first person view.
I would recommend playing both Evil Within games who were done by Shinji Mikami after he left Capcom (who In turn never recovered from it)

#284 3 years ago

I for some reason can't play anything first person. Maybe I'm too old and I missed that wave of FPS games. I just can't run one direction while jumping and aiming in another direction. Makes me motion sick. Even something like WOW, I have to use max camera distance. I was always more into RPG, RTS, and adventure games than anything.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I for some reason can't play anything first person. Maybe I'm too old and I missed that wave of FPS games. I just can't run one direction while jumping and aiming in another direction. Makes me motion sick. Even something like WOW, I have to use max camera distance. I was always more into RPG, RTS, and adventure games than anything.

That's very common with alot of people young and old. I've never had that problem with shooters but Guitar Hero does that to me.

3 weeks later
#286 3 years ago

I've finished the Last of Us 2, I'm happy I did, the history was satisfying although predictable, but I will never replay that game again. The game is plagued by a horribly repetitive gameplay of looting, the 1st already had that problem but it had less looting and more fighting, especially zombie fighting which was very pleasant.
The 2 has more human fights, I don't think LTOU 2 gameplay has enough depth to bring these encounters to an enjoyable level, the ennemies are dumb, the shooting choices limited, and there is much better out here when it comes to TPS. Same with the infiltration part other games do that far better.

I don't regret the 24 hours I spent but I am happy they didn't drag the game for 20 hours more, the end part already felt like it was too long, but I do hope Naughty Dog considers more variety in gameplay for their future productions

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The game is plagued by a horribly repetitive gameplay

I have heard several people say this.

2 months later
#288 3 years ago

Who got their PS5 pre order in today? I had to work but my gf went to gamestop for me and she got the last one! Woo Hoo....cant wait!!

#289 3 years ago

I'll get one for Horizon: Forbidden West. Otherwise pretty happy with PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, and Switch.

#290 3 years ago

Agreed, I'll need a game out that I want to play first. Not really looking to have one early just to sit and wait for a game to come along.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed, I'll need a game out that I want to play first. Not really looking to have one early just to sit and wait for a game to come along.

Lots of great games coming and this thing is going to be sick. Watch this whenever you get a chance. This truly is next gen and it's not just talk.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who got their PS5 pre order in today? I had to work but my gf went to gamestop for me and she got the last one! Woo Hoo....cant wait!!

I got one, but the only thing left was a mega bundle that included an extra controller, controller charger, headset and some digital store credits. Otherwise it’s completely sold out at all retailers right now.

The bundle was over $800 all-in. Still cheaper than the Elvira topper though.

#294 3 years ago

Can you play old PS games (1-4) on the PS5?

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Otherwise it’s completely sold out at all retailers right now.

Best Buy had them back up and available for about the last half hour, and shows them available right now (3:03 Eastern.) Had to hammer my way through a couple dozen timeouts/errors, but mine went through about 5 minutes ago.

I'll probably end up ordering through Amazon as well when those go back up, and return/cancel whichever doesn't show up on time.

#296 3 years ago

Got a disc version on Best Buy. Used PayPal checkout. Took a lot of hitting buttons to proceed but finally went through. Their site is having trouble with it but people are still able to get confirmation of it while other retailers are out. Hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled.

#297 3 years ago

I got the disc less version. I was gonna get the blue ray drive but they were sold out and i like digital games better anyway because i hate changing the disc in and out. The consoles are identical except for the blue ray drive. The games look amazing on this thing, cant wait to get it. Resident Evil and Demon Souls, odd world, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman.....man these games look sweet! I didn't think I would like the white console either but after getting a closer look at it i like it.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Can you play old PS games (1-4) on the PS5?

"Most" PS4 games, reportedly. No PS1-3.

#299 3 years ago

I already have a ps5 and it’s fully backwards compatible

B9B421F6-C8BC-48E8-80B3-DB6C59828D6A (resized).jpegB9B421F6-C8BC-48E8-80B3-DB6C59828D6A (resized).jpeg
#300 3 years ago

Wow pre-orders went like crazy.

Decided to wait and see since they said the new Spiderman will also release on ps4.

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/6?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.