pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.
#101 5 years ago

I recently bought a playstation1
Not the remake, the real thing
It was looking so nice, like new!

Then i bought tekken 2, soulblade, whipeout and destruction derby
Oooh the nostalgia, im getting old huh
But it makes me smile

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

But it makes me smile

Destruction Derby...hell yeah! Lol love it

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And the curse goes on ! I had a day off today (planned for a while), and I was looking forward to a day playing KH3 while the kids are at school.
Turns out my daugther is sick (a cold nothing bad) and playing KH3 !

Im.thinking its time for another ps4 maybe!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

But it makes me smile

I have a jailbroken psp that I mostly use to play ps1 games. There are just so many games that aged perfectly well and the small screen of the psp makes old style 3d very watchable. You can get any Squaresoft game it’s a sure hit.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Turns out my daugther is sick (a cold nothing bad) and playing KH3 !

Ah the old cold & cough when a new release comes out, its an oldie but a goodie, a classic if you will, looks like someone outsmarted their dad

Well played young lady well played

1 week later
#106 5 years ago

Anyone had a crack at the free to play Apex Legends out on PS4, XBOX and PC?

I just downloaded it and had a quick go.

Very smooth, has a HALO type feel and looks and plays gorgeous for something free.

Heaps of content coming in the seasons, a Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout killer? Just might be.

Give it a go and see what you think

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Anyone had a crack at the free to play Apex Legends out on PS4, XBOX and PC?
I just downloaded it and had a quick go.
Very smooth, has a HALO type feel and looks and plays gorgeous for something free.
Heaps of content coming in the seasons, a Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout killer? Just might be.
Give it a go and see what you think

Thanks, will definitely look at it.

#108 5 years ago

I finished Kingdom Hearts 3 this week end, and wow what a true masterpiece. I'm now finishing RE2 then I'll take a couple months to do a rerun of the entire Kingdom Hearts saga, I just love KH and this third one's ending leads me to believe that they're will be some new ones (which was the most exciting part of this ending !)

#109 5 years ago

Should be about time for some new Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball tables shouldn’t it?

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should be about time for some new Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball tables shouldn’t it?

I haven’t touched a pinball video game since the one in Windows 95, space something. You’re right maybe I should give it another shot !

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I haven’t touched a pinball video game since the one in Windows 95, space something. You’re right maybe I should give it another shot !

Heck yes you should! You cant buy any Williams tables on Pinball Arcade unfortunately anymore but Zen is starting to make them. Zen pinball FX3 has some beautiful tables though and they are reasonably priced. They are good fun.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

finished Kingdom Hearts 3 this week end, and wow what a true masterpiece.

KH3 is soooo sweet. God they killed it! I've been watching my wife and kid play and explaining how it works for them (helping on tough battles) so awesome. I'm almost done with Clare's file on RE2R game is epic. May do hardcore w/ both charectors before I start KH3 on my own.

#113 5 years ago

I never got into Kingdom Hearts. It looked too cutesy to me and the main fella whacking people with a big key never floated my boat. Have I missed out on this one? Should I give it a go?

#114 5 years ago

If you do, start from the beginning. Great gameplay and story. Actually a really in depth RPG.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

KH3 is soooo sweet. God they killed it! I've been watching my wife and kid play and explaining how it works for them (helping on tough battles) so awesome. I'm almost done with Clare's file on RE2R game is epic. May do hardcore w/ both charectors before I start KH3 on my own.

If your going to attempt Hardcore I highly recommend getting the infinite ammo handgun, I tried without it and it was a slaughter fest!

#116 5 years ago

Any of you guys ever play the Hitman games? If so what do you think about them?

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've been playing Hitman 1 on the Xbox One (it's on game pass right now) and it's ok. I think if you really get into it, there's a really good game there. However after the tutorial it's really hard to figure out what to do, they just throw you into a mission with two targets and no help.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

However after the tutorial it's really hard to figure out what to do, they just throw you into a mission with two targets and no help.

Welcome to Hitman! The series has always done this, they are very much a thinking man’s game, which is quite rare in this day and age where movies and games hold the audiences hand and explain/guide them through everything.

As you said Taylor once you get into the game and know what to look for it becomes a superb and fresh gaming experience, the biggest issue people have with Hitman (the newest Hitman 2 is phenomenal BTW) is above all else it requires patience.

There’s a few levels in Hitman 2 thst I’m playing currently where your watching your target for a good 10/15mins to workout their routine and then scouting ahead to set up the best possible kill situation, only to come back and ensure they continue on route as planned, I often set up a back up kill incase something diverts the target from my main kill.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to Hitman! The series has always done this, they are very much a thinking man’s game, which is quite rare in this day and age where movies and games hold the audiences hand and explain/guide them through everything.
As you said Taylor once you get into the game and know what to look for it becomes a superb and fresh gaming experience, the biggest issue people have with Hitman (the newest Hitman 2 is pheromones BTW) is above all else it requires patience.
There’s a few levels in Hitman 2 thst I’m playing currently where your watching your target for a good 10/15mins to workout their routine and then scouting ahead to set up the best possible kill situation, only to come back and ensure they continue on route as planned, I often set up a back up kill incase something diverts the target from my main kill.

Sounds like you are really into the game big time lol. I like it but i gotta admit i suck at it. I don't have enough patience.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you are really into the game big time lol. I like it but i gotta admit i suck at it. I don't have enough patience.

Haha yeah I am dude, I like games with cool storylines (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill) which is probably why I love my BM66 so much it’s like playing episodes of the show.

And thinking games are great, especially in this day and age where everything comes with a tutorial, Hitman is old school work it out or die gaming, Hitman Absolution is probably the most approachable in the series which has just been remastered for PS4, it’s a little more faster paced than the others so that’s a great jumping in point for the franchise!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha yeah I am dude, I like games with cool storylines (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill) which is probably why I love my BM66 so much it’s like playing episodes of the show.
And thinking games are great, especially in this day and age where everything comes with a tutorial, Hitman is old school work it out or die gaming, Hitman Absolution is probably the most approachable in the series which has just been remastered for PS4, it’s a little more faster paced than the others so that’s a great junping in point for the franchise!

Ive got the first one that came out on PS4 a couple years ago but ive only played like 2 or 3 missions. I really need to play that game. It seems fun.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I loved Hitman 2 and the Hitman released on PS3 (can’t remember the name).

Yeah you need a lot of patience. Scoping out movement of guards, approaching the target from different angles etc.

Do you knock out a waiter, steal his uniform and poison his food with fugu or take him out from a distance, or one of the forty other ways to do him in lol.

I got into it and tried to get the top level grading each go.

I can definitely see how some people don’t like that slow pace though.

Quoted from V_piscopo:

If you do, start from the beginning. Great gameplay and story. Actually a really in depth RPG.

Ah see that’s where I get lost. I’m not a fan of RPG’s. I’m just no good at them with all the levelling up stuff

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Do you knock out a waiter, steal his uniform and poison his food with fugu or take him out from a distance, or one of the forty other ways to do him in lol.

I got into it and tried to get the top level grading each go.

I can definitely see how some people don’t like that slow pace though.

Yeah i definitely steal uniforms when i can. I think thats a must lol. Sometimes that still doesn't help you and a guard stops you and im shitting my pants the whole time when they get suspicious of me.

#124 5 years ago

Back to Resident Evil 2, quite a change of atmosphere from KH3 ! I finished Claire story, which was quite easy in the end, I finished the game with way more ammos than I could count for thanks to the pile of gunpowder that can be found everywhere. It's funny the same happens to me on every RE2, I spend the whole game counting ammos, I avoid killing as many zombies as I can and I never use anything but the standard handgun throughout the game. And when the end comes i realize I could have blasted all of them, and not spend 8 hours running away.

Now on to Chris' story, so far I find it much harder than Claire, more zombies, less ammos, and smaller pockets which is super annoying because he also has less item chests.

By the way, Capcom is releasing a free DLC tomorrow with 3 (yes free 3 !), new stories to play. I find it rare enough to get real playable dlc for free that it should be mentioned and even bragged about !

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Back to Resident Evil 2, quite a change of atmosphere from KH3 ! I finished Claire story, which was quite easy in the end, I finished the game with way more ammos than I could count for thanks to the pile of gunpowder that can be found everywhere. It's funny the same happens to me on every RE2, I spend the whole game counting ammos, I avoid killing as many zombies as I can and I never use anything but the standard handgun throughout the game. And when the end comes i realize I could have blasted all of them, and not spend 8 hours running away.
Now on to Chris' story, so far I find it much harder than Claire, more zombies, less ammos, and smaller pockets which is super annoying because he also has less item chests.
By the way, Capcom is releasing a free DLC tomorrow with 3 (yes free 3 !), new stories to play. I find it rare enough to get real playable dlc for free that it should be mentioned and even bragged about !

Does RE2 have a VR mode?

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Does RE2 have a VR mode?

No, and according to Capcom officials it will never have one. I don't think VR would have suited that game well though.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

No, and according to Capcom officials it will never have one. I don't think VR would have suited that game well though.

Fair enough. I’ve had my PSVR packed away for quite some time now and decided to get it out and have a good crack on it. I never finished RE7 but my save game corrupted so I started from scratch and have been playing Rush of Blood, Accounting +, Farpoint with PS Aim and a few others. Forgot how much fun it is, but I just can never be bothered setting it up. Feels like it takes forever ha ha ha

#128 5 years ago

I see that Rainbow Six Siege is free to play this weekend. I may give that a look if I can find the time. Looks like a good game.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Fair enough. I’ve had my PSVR packed away for quite some time now and decided to get it out and have a good crack on it. I never finished RE7 but my save game corrupted so I started from scratch and have been playing Rush of Blood, Accounting +, Farpoint with PS Aim and a few others. Forgot how much fun it is, but I just can never be bothered setting it up. Feels like it takes forever ha ha ha

Take a look at Ace Combat 7 I’ve heard tha VR mode is something.

#130 5 years ago

Does anyone here play TLOU Factions MP??

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Destruction Derby...hell yeah! Lol love it

If you liked DD wait until Wreckfest comes out. Some time this year they've been saying. It's an absolute blast online for PC and I think the same will happen on the PS4

#132 5 years ago

I just got a VR for Christmas and I'm liking it so far. Astrobot is awesome and I tried Moss but it it is bit slow for me. I just downloaded Beatsaber and I only have 15 minutes in on it and I need to figure out how to move the platform closer to where I stand and out from under the camera. Anyone try the free Devil May Cry 5 demo?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I just got a VR for Christmas and I'm liking it so far. Astrobot is awesome and I tried Moss but it it is bit slow for me. I just downloaded Beatsaber and I only have 15 minutes in on it and I need to figure out how to move the platform closer to where I stand and out from under the camera. Anyone try the free Devil May Cry 5 demo?

With Beatsaber you need to be further away....believe me!! You need distance and room to play it. I have my camera on top of my TV. I’ve beaten both Moss and Astrobot...outstanding games.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If you liked DD wait until Wreckfest comes out. Some time this year they've been saying. It's an absolute blast online for PC and I think the same will happen on the PS4

Cant wait to see that!

#135 5 years ago

Right then, I've just got up to where I was before my save game on RE7 VR corrupted.

I'm heading in *gulp*

"If I'm not back in an hour..... call the President." - Henry Swanson A.K.A Jack Burton

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try and I'll give Moss another shot as well. I'm really hoping the FF7 remake comes out sometime this century. It's my one must have title even if they break it up into multiple chapters/releases.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try and I'll give Moss another shot as well. I'm really hoping the FF7 remake comes out sometime this century. It's my one must have title even if they break it up into multiple chapters/releases.

I wouldnt expect it before January 2022 after an official announcement at TGS 2021

#138 5 years ago

i got into emulation and playing some ps2 games I loved. Got a few ps1 titles on my phone.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

i got into emulation and playing some ps2 games I loved. Got a few ps1 titles on my phone.

Yeah I think I will emulate some PS2 games. I want to play through Maximo again. What a game that was

#140 5 years ago

Just finished up Clare's file last night! What a game! Started one of the new DLC files. My god it's hard. Lol

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

With Beatsaber you need to be further away....believe me!! You need distance and room to play it. I have my camera on top of my TV. I’ve beaten both Moss and Astrobot...outstanding games.

Beatsaber seems like it needs some calibration adjustments or a patch or something. It's the only PSVR game that has given me consistent troubles. Sometimes it works and other times it shows the standing positions foot prints 3 feet behind the camera. When it works it works, when it's broken it is broken....it seems nothing can be done without closing out the game and starting again as no amount of moving or camera adjustment will fix it mid game. It is almost like it does some sort of calibration when the game is starting, but it doesn't tell you about it. If you happen to be in a different spot (grabbing your controllers or something) and it catches you in a bad place...the game, floor position and everything is messed up until you restart it. It really seems like it needs to be one of those games that says "OK...we are ready to start. Stand in your playing position to get calibrated and hit a button when you are ready" or something like that.

I really wish all the PSVR games were a bit more standardized in that aspect. I start a new game and on many of them I don't know if I should be standing, sitting or what controller choices I have. How about a simple opening screen that plays the first time a game is booted to explain these things.

The crappy move controllers also don't help the experience....but I guess they did a decent job to get an old controller to do something it was never intended to do. I never had a PS3 by the time the move games rolled out so I don't know how they were, but not having a D pad on them (even if just for simple menu navigation) is a pretty big oversight. Also having the 4 main buttons in a squared up position instead of the "since day one" diamond position is beyond a idiotic mistake. I don't think it needs to be anything more complicated than what it is...just laid out like it is intended to be used with a PlayStation video game system would have been great. Of course it was made during what I call the dark ages of PlayStation....the PS3 era *shutter*.

On the upside...decent VR without a pricey PC that you are constantly temped to be tinkering with and upgrading. Plus AstroBot is probably one of my top 10 games ever.....I really am glad I didn't play the Playroom VR before the AstroBot demo or I would have never game it another thought. Not that it was horrible, just very forgettable compared to the main game. Other VR games with high marks in my book are Statik and Pinball FX2VR....I would pay a full AAA game price of $60 if they would port the Marvel's Women of Power Champions table to Pinball FV2VR.

As for standard PS4 games EDF! EDF! EDF! That's all I really need and the whole reason I bought my PS4 Pro. EDF5 was a literal system seller in my case (along with EDF 4.1....and EDF 4.1 Wing Diver....and the upcoming EDF: Iron Rain).

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As for standard PS4 games EDF! EDF! EDF! That's all I really need and the whole reason I bought my PS4 Pro. EDF5 was a literal system seller in my case (along with EDF 4.1....and EDF 4.1 Wing Diver....and the upcoming EDF: Iron Rain).

Another EDF fan, yay ! EDF is the most intense and satisfying blast game I’ve ever played !

#143 5 years ago

It’s an oldie but I still play it to this day now. Go check out the defender clone Resogun for an awesomely fun shooter and Christ does it hectic fast

2 weeks later
#144 5 years ago

Did anyone start playing Devil may cry 5. I am completely lost with the battle system (basically one button and jump) and dont understand how to get some decent combat ratings.
Any help appreciated

#145 5 years ago

Just finished up GOW..... wow that game is amazing. I am now going to finish the last two Valkyrie's I need, the queen and mess around in Niflheim.

2 weeks later
#146 5 years ago

Just started playing Borderlands 2 VR using the aim controller. Took a bit of time to get used to the controls as you have one stick to move forward, back and strafe, turn your body to turn, look around with your head and aim with the gun.

I hated it to start with but now I love it. So much fun and feels great.

#147 5 years ago

Has anyone heard how The Division 2 is yet? Looks pretty cool.

2 weeks later
#148 5 years ago

Advance apologies if this has been asked before.

I just bought a couple of new TVs (Samsung 75") and now when I play pinball on my PS4 and Switch I sometimes get what I would call ball flutter. The ball kind of flashes on occasion.

I checked the settings and the TV automatically changes to game mode whenever I turn on either system.

Any ideas?

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I just bought a couple of new TVs (Samsung 75") and now when I play pinball on my PS4 and Switch I sometimes get what I would call ball flutter. The ball kind of flashes on occasion.
I checked the settings and the TV automatically changes to game mode whenever I turn on either system.
Any ideas?

Hmm thats strange. I have heard of this happening before but its always been because game mode wasnt on.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any ideas?

Some Samsung requires a specific hdmi port labelled STB. Check if that’s the one you use.

Other option is to look into the video settings on your ps4 and the output resolution.
More infos here : https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/videooutput.html

Last is to check what firmware your ps4 is in there might be a known bug on it.

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.