pasted_image (resized).png
FMdTpi7WQAcytJo (resized).jpg
D25927CF-D80B-46DE-BF98-43DB836FF9DE (resized).jpeg
77985EC1-96B2-43F9-8009-5040CF791432 (resized).png
A6E69789-7B41-498A-A639-D08B0D8CDB89 (resized).jpeg
20211207_205614 (resized).jpg
20211130_180127 (resized).jpg
5q2yk2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Is PS really that much better than the XBox One X, LOL. Sorry, Trolling for my first time!

The choice goes down to which exclusive titles you are interested in. Sony has put some serious efforts in having a lot of exclusive, Xbox has been trying to catch up but in my opinion Sony is way above in that regard.

#52 5 years ago

Greetings fellow Pinsiders! Just discovering this thread. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and looking forward to the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

#53 5 years ago

I've been thinking about getting a Logitech G29 and building a racing rig to put in front of my TV. Only thing is...any good racing games to play on PS4? I played Forza extensively when I had my X360 up, and remember playing Gran Turismo 2 way back when...

I've only seen above average reviews on PS4's racing options. Would it be worth the time/money to get a racing rig set up?

I've been playing a lot of God of War, but will have to hit Horizon Zero Dawn after I'm done with it. Such an awesome game!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Is PS really that much better than the XBox One X, LOL. Sorry, Trolling for my first time!

I've had xboxes, I've had playstations.

Not better per say, just different. They both play great games, but as adol75 said some of it comes down to exclusives. I also prefer the dualshock controllers over the xbox controllers.

There's also PS VR which is a whole additional experience you can add to the PS4.

I prefer PS4 right now but the driving games suck. I'm considering getting a new xbox just for Forza.

#55 5 years ago

The thing between Xbox and Playstation this generation is tools. Sony is just so much easier to work with. Xbox is like trying to work on a metric car with imperial tools, you can get the job done but man its a pain. The Xbox One X has crazy HP but 90% of the people I work with only touch Xbox as a last resort. Any game that is on both platforms is probably going to be just a little more polished on Sony and I also think that is why 1st party Sony titles are so polished. They have the best tools, that turned into market share and Sony just ran away with it this generation.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've been thinking about getting a Logitech G29 and building a racing rig to put in front of my TV. Only thing is...any good racing games to play on PS4? I played Forza extensively when I had my X360 up, and remember playing Gran Turismo 2 way back when...
I've only seen above average reviews on PS4's racing options. Would it be worth the time/money to get a racing rig set up?
I've been playing a lot of God of War, but will have to hit Horizon Zero Dawn after I'm done with it. Such an awesome game!

Hahaha, i literally just mentioned how bad the racing games on PS4 are. Forza is WAYYYY better. The new Gran Turismo Sport isn't a good game IMO.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hahaha, i literally just mentioned how bad the racing games on PS4 are. Forza is WAYYYY better. The new Gran Turismo Sport isn't a good game IMO.

Ha! I see that now. Well that sucks. I'd rather not get a XB1 only for Forza...even though Forza is awesome. But then again, I need a good racing game in my life.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Honestly I'm not even sure if Forza is all that amazing. It's ok, but kind of dry. The wheel support is bad as well. The online racing though is actually pretty great. If you're into competitive racing, Iracing is best choice.

Forza Horizon though is awesome. It's the best arcade racer on any platform. Playstation is pretty awful for racing games. First party story/adventure games they're awesome for. I agree with other people in this thread, Horizon Zero Dawn is probably one of my top 2 games of this generation, along with Witcher 3. I'm glad their first party stuff finally kicked in, for a long time I hadn't bought hardly any games for my ps4. I think Uncharted 4 might have been my only one for a long time, and it even wasn't that great. I've since bought Persona 5 (excellent), HZD, Spiderman (awesome), God of War (still playing, but good so far).

I play most of my games on my One X, use the ps4 pro and Switch for exclusives. Wish I could do VR but with the motion sickness part of that kills it for me.

#59 5 years ago

Gran Turismo used to be so good, i cant believe they don't make that great again. Did you guys ever play that game called Blur on PS3? Man that was fun lol.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gran Turismo used to be so good, i cant believe they don't make that great again. Did you guys ever play that game called Blur on PS3? Man that was fun lol.

I think the online for GT is good, it's just everything else isn't.

Blur was super fun in multiplayer.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are working on the next one, Yamauchi is a guy who takes his time. Rumor says it will be a ps5 launch title, there are a few images of their new graphic engine, if it ends up like that on the screen, the next GT will leave the planet speechless.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They are working on the next one, Yamauchi is a guy who takes his time. Rumor says it will be a ps5 launch title, there are a few images of their new graphic engine, if it ends up like that on the screen, the next GT will leave the planet speechless.

That would be awesome. Love to see Blur 2 also.

#63 5 years ago

I’m inda club! As others have mentioned PSVR is so much fun....you have to play through ASTRBOT if you enjoy platformers...very creative! MOSS albeit very short was amazing as well.
I’m currently playing BEAT SABER, ZEN PINBALL VR (feels like I’m standing over the table), and Warhawk(old PS3 game that will end it’s online only support on January 31st).
I have a xboxonex for Forza Horizon mainly bc I have a wheel/seat set up as I like racing games and enjoy the immersion.

#64 5 years ago

love my playstations since the first one.

Psvr is the best thing since first playing Mario 64 for me.

my playlist currently is Tetris effect, rdr2, and still playing firewall. im playing others but these are heavy in rotation at the moment.

pumped for re2 since in was one of the first games I got with my ps1

I have top 100 scores and even a top 10 in tetris effect lol

1 week later
#65 5 years ago

Did anyone get Ace Combat 7 ? If not, you really should, I've been on it for a week now, it's a great arcade dog fight game, the return of one the games from the initial line up of the PS1 some years ago, and I don't think it has any equivalent on the market.

#66 5 years ago

I can't wait for "Last of Us 2". First one was so good.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I'm trying to play through the first one now (attempt #2), I stopped after like an hour 3 years ago when I first tried it. It's very slow so far, I don't know if I'll make it through it or not.

On the other hand, I just beat God of War, and it was awesome. Actually better than Spiderman I think. And both way better than Red Dead.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm trying to play through the first one now (attempt #2), I stopped after like an hour 3 years ago when I first tried it. It's very slow so far, I don't know if I'll make it through it or not.
On the other hand, I just beat God of War, and it was awesome. Actually better than Spiderman I think. And both way better than Red Dead.

Keep trying. Once you get good at killing it goes pretty fast.

#69 5 years ago

I'm really struggling with Spider-man I just can't get any rhythm in the combat. I'm not loving working my way around the world. Moments of greatness but also super clumsy at times. God Of War was my game of the year, it was consistently great from start to finish, the difficulty ramp was flawless. Just as you started kicking ass it got harder, just as it got real hard you got a new toy or skill and you started kicking ass again. I really enjoyed Tomb Raider it was probably my runner up. I haven't played Red Dead yet though not sure I have the time.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Is there any release date set yet? I loved the first game and would buy the next one on day 1.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there any release date set yet? I loved the first game and would buy the next one on day 1.

My guess is q4, but maybe it will be the summer seller

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No, not yet.

#73 5 years ago

Jeez, am I the only degenerate gamblers here?

I only play Prominence (poker). With only having about 3 hours a week, I've got to choose my games wisely.

Plus, yeah, I get motion sick pretty quickly on most shooters.

#74 5 years ago

And just got an email from Amazon, Resident Evil 2 has shipped, they say delivey Friday, but who knows it could arrive tomorrow. I believe in miracle ! (and really can't wait to play this remake, 20 years after the original !)

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And just got an email from Amazon, Resident Evil 2 has shipped, they say delivey Friday, but who knows it could arrive tomorrow. I believe in miracle ! (and really can't wait to play this remake, 20 years after the original !)

Loved the original. Can’t believe it’s been twenty years!

#76 5 years ago

Just completed Resident Evil 2 Remake A scenarios with both Leon and Claire, a couple of minor gripes regarding things left out compared to the original but overall a fantastic remake that sets the benchmark for all future remakes, loved every second!

Onto the B scenarios now and to S rank the game with Leon first, well hopefully Mr.X is a f**king nightmare in this remake!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just completed Resident Evil 2 Remake A scenarios with both Leon and Claire, a couple of minor gripes regarding things left out compared to the original but overall a fantastic remake that sets the benchmark for all future remakes, loved every second!
Onto the B scenarios now and to S rank the game with Leon first, well hopefully Mr.X is a f**king nightmare in this remake!

I have seen people playing it on Twitch a little bit lately and the game looks amazing. Im gonna oick this one up I believe. How long did it take you to complete it would you say?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have seen people playing it on Twitch a little bit lately and the game looks amazing. Im gonna oick this one up I believe. How long did it take you to complete it would you say?

6-8 hours per scenario, it certainly helps knowing 90% what to do and where to go. I could complete the original quicker but Mr X in the REmake definitely adds some seconds to the clock he has a habit of showing up when you least want him to and he takes some time to loose/end his interaction.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

6-8 hours per scenario, it certainly helps knowing 90% what to do and where to go. I could complete the original quicker but Mr X in the REmake definitely adds some seconds to the clock he has a habit of showing up when you least want him to and he takes some time to loose/end his interaction.

Do you like the remake better than the original game?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you like the remake better than the original game?

The original was one of my favourite games ever so I don’t say this lightly - the REmake blows it out of the water!

Other than a couple of gripes most of which are small

*****spoiler*****

your no longer able to find brad vickers the pilot from alpha team (resi 1) as a zombie below the front of the police station instead it’s a recruitment poster which isn’t as good but still cool and a nice nod to the original

*****spoiler ends*****

other than tiny things like that which only the most anal of resi fans like me will probably notice and be bugged by the REmake is better in every way, a good example is Mr X he is absolutely fantastic and a complete game changer in the REmake, although he feels a little like Nemesis now as he stalks you a lot more than the original it is a great feeling of dredd when you hear his stomping footsteps getting louder and louder as he closes in on you.

Can’t wait to see what Capcom do with the rumoured R3make that they are supposedly already well in development on.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The original was one of my favourite games ever so I don’t say this lightly - the REmake blows it out of the water!
Other than a couple of gripes most of which are small
*****spoiler*****
your no longer able to find brad vickers the pilot from alpha team (resi 1) as a zombie below the front of the police station instead it’s a recruitment poster which isn’t as good but still cool and a nice nod to the original
*****spoiler ends*****
other than tiny things like that which only the most anal of resi fans like me will probably notice and be bugged by the REmake is better in every way, a good example is Mr X he is absolutely fantastic and a complete game changer in the REmake, although he feels a little like Nemesis now as he stalks you a lot more than the original it is a great feeling of dredd when you hear his stomping footsteps getting louder and louder as he closes in on you.
Can’t wait to see what Capcom do with the rumoured R3make that they are supposedly already well in development on.

Agree, loved the original and think the Remake is incredible. Its too tense!! In a good way. Are they remaking Resident Evil 3?

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, loved the original and think the Remake is incredible. Its too tense!! In a good way. Are they remaking Resident Evil 3?

Capcom hasnt confirmed anything but the guy on the Resi forums that usually leaks what is coming - he leaked a lot about Resi 7 and almost all of it turned out to be true aswell as the DLCs.

Well he posted last year October or November I think, that following the completion of REmake 2 Capcom where so confident with it that the same team went straight into development of remaking Resi 3 and that it is currently well into development.

I also think after completing REmake 2 several times now that the updated Mr X mechanics in game are possibly result of Capcom laying the foundations for Nemesis in a Resi3 REmake.

I know during the original Resident Evil 3s development they wanted to have Nemesis able to stalk you a lot more randomly and break through walls and doors in a less scripted way, Mr X in Resi2 REmake is kinda halfway there and a very solid foundation for greatly enhanced Nemesis.

#83 5 years ago

Im going to have to get the game soon j85. So many great games and so little time.

#84 5 years ago

I just got an email from Amazon, Kingdom Hearts 3 has shipped. 12 years later I still can’t believe this is actually happening

#85 5 years ago

Never played Kingdom Hearts. I sure would like to have my old Socom games back though i know that much!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Never played Kingdom Hearts. I sure would like to have my old Socom games back though i know that much!

I remember the first Socom that came with the earset. Sitting in my dark room and going « Bravo attack to Charlie » that was good !

With modern voice recognition Socom would definitely be worth a new release

Btw you should really get into Kingdom Hearts it’s a one of a kind and my all time absolute favourite. Im on to a long night trying to wrap up RE2 so I can start KH3 tomorrow

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I remember the first Socom that came with the earset. Sitting in my dark room and going « Bravo attack to Charlie » that was good !
With modern voice recognition Socom would definitely be worth a new release
Btw you should really get into Kingdom Hearts it’s a one of a kind and my all time absolute favourite. Im on to a long night trying to wrap up RE2 so I can start KH3 tomorrow

Socom was great online. ..not so much in campaign mode though. I will look up Kingdom Hearts and see if it is something i would like. Glad you are getting it though after all these years. Sounds like you like it a lot.

#88 5 years ago

Did not see this thread when I started RE2 remaie thread. Love me some PlayStation. Killing re2 right now but also playing red dead and just bought KH3!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Did not see this thread when I started RE2 remaie thread. Love me some PlayStation. Killing re2 right now but also playing red dead and just bought KH3!

Its cool. I just figured you may want to talk gaming here also sometime. Im going to dig back into Red Dead soon hopefully. I want RE2 but i need to finish some other games first. How far are you into Red Dead? Looks like they are trying to make the online better, hopefully they will succeed.

#90 5 years ago

I have not even tried online. I'm actually not that far in. 14% it is a lot of fun but tends to take hours of gameplay that I don't usually have. I was trying to get about 6hrs/week on it. Def going to finish RE2 and most likely KH3 before finishing RD.

#91 5 years ago

Confession of the day : I just received a delivery notification for Kingdom Hearts 3. I jumped from my desk, said I needed to rush home for an emergency and am now stuck in traffic while writing on pinside !

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Confession of the day : I just received a delivery notification for Kingdom Hearts 3. I jumped from my desk, said I needed to rush home for an emergency and am now stuck in traffic while writing on pinside !

Lol thats pretty funny adol!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I have not even tried online. I'm actually not that far in. 14% it is a lot of fun but tends to take hours of gameplay that I don't usually have. I was trying to get about 6hrs/week on it. Def going to finish RE2 and most likely KH3 before finishing RD.

You sound like me. My job really gets in the way of my gaming and thats bullshit.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol thats pretty funny adol!

The second half of the story happened when I made it home, and found my daughter on the couch playing it. I only have one PS4 and one game, so I'm still on Pinside, while trying not to look at the tv and waiting for bed time, to finally get to play MY game (dammit !)

#95 5 years ago

Damn jobs and kids getting in the way of serious gaming.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The second half of the story happened when I made it home, and found my daughter on the couch playing it. I only have one PS4 and one game, so I'm still on Pinside, while trying not to look at the tv and waiting for bed time, to finally get to play MY game (dammit !)

You are having some bad luck today lol.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are having some bad luck today lol.

It makes me miss France, where kids where at school until 6 pm !

#98 5 years ago

I'm in this club for a long time.

I have had PS2, PS3 and now the PS4.

My must have games is:
Gran Turismo (played almost all)
Grand Thief Auto (started in GTAIII)
Dynasty Warriors (Started DW4)
Pinball FX3

If you play any of these games you can add me, if not you can add me also
PSN ID: MiguelLeao85

Check out my latest gameplay of PFX3

#99 5 years ago

I finally managed to get the controller back from my daughter's hand... at 9pm. Playing KH3 feels like coming back home after a long stay away. I strongly recommend if you haven't played the previous episodes or if you forgot them to read one of the many summaries that can be found online, otherwise none of the story or the many cut-scenes will make any kind of sense to you.

So far I got everything I was hoping for, a KH that doesn't reinvent the wheel and that relies on the same gameplay that it has since the beginning.
They've put much more money on the table, the game looks like a real next gen one, gorgeous graphics, much bigger environments, awesome sound track, and this still unique character crossover that blend so amazingly well that it feels they've always been together.

One small complaint (actually the same only issue I have with RE2), the characters completely lack facial expression, and their eyes don't have any expression. The "acting" is very old style too, one character speaks, pause 2 seconds, then the next one speaks, another 2 seconds pause, then the discussion continues, and so on. It's a common issue with japanese productions, they still rely on game designers, instead of hiring people from the movie industry like US productions do to bring more dynamic. It doesn't bother me more than that, but the more it goes and the more visible the gap between game development schools starts to be visible.

Anyways, KH3 is an absolute must, go for it !

#100 5 years ago

And the curse goes on ! I had a day off today (planned for a while), and I was looking forward to a day playing KH3 while the kids are at school.
Turns out my daugther is sick (a cold nothing bad) and playing KH3 !

There are 1,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/2?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.