Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ykpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#470 9 years ago

It's interesting that the Mythbusters guys decided to go unlicensed with "Experts of Dangerous." It seems like a move that someone would make after having problems dealing with a previous license, doesn't it? (I really hope they change the name of that pin...)

I think this might be an indication that people will be getting a game called "The Predatory Alien" or "Attack of the Predators." They are probably trying to think of how they can still get a cool game to their customers with a knockoff predator-like theme without breaking the law. If this is the case, they would be using this extra time to plan their damage control.

My best guess is that the buyers are going to get a pin, but it will be a predator knockoff. Better than nothing. If it is a great pin, it would go a long way to appeasing the true predator fans that were sold the game under false pretenses.

I wouldn't have even really felt the need to comment on this at all, as I was just watching the story unfold as a casual observer; but a few things rubbed me the wrong way about Kevin's post.

a) He stressed "open" and "honest" while giving little actual information of value, and avoiding the primary concern(s) altogether of the status of the license.
b) He attempts to invoke sympathy rather than directly addressing specific concerns
c) He uses a divide and conquer tactic by implying that the "non-buyers" have forced him away from pinside, and so they are the ones responsible for the "buyers" discomfort.
d) He blames pinside for having unrealistic demands for information and communication, when it is his own customers who are trying for weeks or even months to contact him directly and then coming to pinside to try to find somebody who knows how to contact them when it proves impossible. Or maybe to get some actual information from somebody "in the know."
e) He openly admits that he will continue to ignore phone calls and e-mails.
f) The picture he chose to post had no likenesses of predator in them. Maybe it's parts for Experts of Dangerous, who knows. (I doubt it, but you get the point).

There is plenty more that rubs me the wrong way. He makes excuses, he points fingers, he doesn't take care of his customers, he doesn't keep good relations with the community that allows this dream of his to become a reality. So I guess the reason I couldn't help from putting my 25 cents in is that I feel sorry for the customers. It's like watching an abusive relationship. He has all the power, and the customers have too much invested in the relationship now to just walk away. I don't know how he could possibly have any customers for EoD.

My hope is that in his first update for the buyers he will clear up what exactly is happening with the license. I'm fine with it if he just wants to communicate directly with the buyers and say screw everybody else. It doesn't seem necessary, but fine - maybe Skit-B can say a lot more in private communications than in a public forum. Makes sense. As long as the buyers are happy, IDGAF. But the only reason there is an "army of haters" on pinside is that even non-buyers care about what happens to the buyers. Because they are our community members getting treated badly, and that could be any one of us on a different day and a different pin.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

....as long as they don't call it "To Catch a Predator."

LoLed.

Quoted from jkdblaze:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

That's great news!

#497 9 years ago

Yeah Skit-B responded in the other thread. Congrats everybody, you can finally relax.

1 month later
#642 9 years ago

The licensor probably doesn't want someone designing a game, talking about it all over the internet and then the product never gets made (for whatever reason). It makes the brand look like a flop, which is damaging. So they just tell the license holder to keep quiet until the product is ready to ship. Stern seems to do the same thing but we don't notice because they don't need to get pre-orders to finance their projects.

1 week later
#648 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I guess JJP has a different kind of licensing agreement.

Yeah, someone was saying skitb didn't get the full promotional license because the pins were already sold out so they didn't need to advertise.

JJP is selling unlimited hobbits so they need to advertise. I have no idea on the specifics, but they would have 2 differently structured license agreements.

1 week later
#702 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't it better to have your game ship later anyway, so that if any issues pop up in the early games they can be addressed in yours before it is made?

I was thinking that, AMH for example had some issues fixed after some of the earlier games shipped.

2 weeks later
#736 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just hope they're not counting on sales of Experts of Dangerous to help fund the Predator builds.
They're so behind on the schedule that they're losing money from each Predator just due to inflation.

And you would have to be insane to hand over any money for Experts of Dangerous before it's ready to ship.

#740 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't mean that they're selling each one at a loss, I don't know their numbers. I mean that they're losing money from each one. That's just a fact unfortunately. They took the money so long ago that the value of that cash vs what they're buying the parts for has an increased delta.

AKA their BOM has gone up due to inflation so they will make less in the end.

#749 9 years ago

Pretty sure a 2 per week conservative estimate is fine to assume for now. Maybe they speed it up to 3 or 4 after doing it for a while. Either way, the back half of buyers are looking at more than a year for certain. Wouldn't get too excited.

#754 9 years ago

That guy was born to preorder! I appreciate the enthusiasm!

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

None. They're all too busy checking up on The Official Pinside Skit-B Predator thread.

Which will start becoming relevant in about 6 months :p

3 weeks later
#1602 9 years ago

I like how after 4 years everybody always asks for 2 more weeks, haha. Same is happening on Jpop thread. Then people talk about how much they're going to pitchfork "in 2 weeks." Then they realize that it takes actual effort to go do something. Then they give up.

2 weeks later
#2457 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm aware the message seemed cryptic and vague, but that was not the intent. The project is not "imploding" or dying. I've received a handful of messages from folks reading between the lines, but there simply are no lines to read between. In the past, radio silence in the face of a situation has caused unrest, so I decided to share the fact that there are parties that are trying to threaten the project and try to ease everyone's collective minds and remind you all that everything is moving along despite the situation.

Yeah I'd be jumping ship

#2603 9 years ago

Kevin should sell the company to Stern or JJP and they just put this license into mass production with a re-design.

#2639 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sell the company? Is this serious?
Who would buy a "company" that is in the situation that Skit-B is in? To commit business suicide?

Quoted from Aurich:

There's nothing to "buy". If you want a Predator pin maybe it's time to ask Heighway to make one after Alien. They obviously have the relationship with Fox already.

Presumably there are a bunch of parts, cabinets and the bank account with all the pre-order cash.

There is also presumably some kind of license deal with Fox, albeit not a good one?

They could buy the business for a nominal $1 from Kevin just to get him out of it and work with the licensor to put out a good product for mass production, rather than the limited 250 run. It would restore confidence in the project and possibly stop a run on the bank, not to mention if people heard JJP or Stern was picking it up there could be a ton more buyers for a powerful license like predator.

#2659 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Literally, that 17K in the stock market over the last 4 years would have kicked back 50K by now with almost any quality stock

Yes because everybody always triples their money when they buy a stock.

#2672 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If the avenues do not work out I'd be concerned about the part "he knows what he needs to do." Because everyone getting a refund seems unlikely, right? We've seen numerous pictures of bags of parts and cabinets being made so clearly a lot of money has already been spent. I can't imagine how those costs are recouped to refund everyone?

It probably depends on whether he was operating under limited liability or not. I'm no expert but I think there would definitely have to be a bankruptcy involved to get out of returning the funds in full.

#2685 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unfortunately if the money is truly all spent, legal help is not going to do anything

I don't think anybody is assuming the money is all spent, he would have some left to actually go to production. Legal help could get what is left back into the hands of the buyers ASAP so more isn't lost. It's a % recovery vs. total loss.

#3067 9 years ago

Here is a post from SkitB from the locked thread. Sorry for formatting issues, I couldn't quote it here. This is SkitB (Kevin) responding to some posts (3 months ago).
Stuff in quotation marks is from SkitB

BoozeMarlin said:

He didn't make any mention or use of the word Predator

"Predator."

YKpinballer said:

if he included a sentence that said "The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about." that he would be in breach of his contract?

"I wasn't aware that the rumors had reached that point. A re-theme? Really? Sure, YKpinballer, I think you've said it best already, so I'll just make your words my own:
The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about."

Whridlsoncestood said:

40 balls. So 10 games.

"Somebody did their homework "

SadSack said:

Nothing has changed and that pile of parts proves nothing. A bunch of gunnas, a half apology and a few bulk bags of PF parts is less than required to quell thinking people.
Apparently the thought of actually sharing the specific difficulties encountered is "unhealthy".
The first rule of the Predator: "Never mention the Predator." The only thing missing was the pitch for mythbusters deposits. Apparently the run on the bank finally got his attention.

"This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here. I can understand if you personally don't feel satiated by what was posted above, but "that pile of parts" certainly does prove more than "nothing," and there has obviously never been any mention of deposits for anything related to the mythbusters or their upcoming game. An open forum is no place for any person of any level of public scrutiny, as I can assure you that all of these types of jabs, however unfounded they are, are certainly felt and taken on a very personal level. At the very least, this post did bring up an issue that I feel needs to be addressed directly.
We have been working very closely with PayPal for a long time to make sure that every penny that goes through us is well-protected and secure. They have been extremely helpful and have developed a strong personal rapport with us that affords us the luxury of open and direct communication in any and all situations. With the security of all funds being absolutely paramount in ANY foreseeable case, there are processes that must be followed and while they can take a bit of time to work with, the end result is that even if we were to literally die or encounter a license issue or disappear to Venezuela or whatever other rumors there may be, we do so without risking a cent of your money."

#3069 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

if we were to literally die or encounter a license issue or disappear to Venezuela or whatever other rumors there may be, we do so without risking a cent of your money."

However, knowing that Kevin is a liar, this is not overly believable and especially begs the question, with what money is he buying the materials and running the company then? The claims don't really add up to me...

#3071 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you are implying that you have hacked into his file servers and downloaded his Predator code... that would be uncool. If you start sharing that code, that could just make matters worse for his relationship with Fox.

I'm pretty sure he's just joking, but who knows if he gave somebody else the idea...

#3174 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Questions of merit that can and should be answered.
1. What is the status of refunds? Are you refunding everyone that asks at this time and how long will it take ot process those refunds?
2. You have said that you are currently working on license agreements, when do you realistically expect to tell us the details of the license?
3. You have said you working with an experienced manufacturer, when do you realistically expect to tell us the details of this?
4. Are there any changes planned to be requested for the current agreement (price, production number, etc...)?
Really the main question that matters at this stage is where are the refunds and how long till they get processed. Kevin said in his email that people would get refunded. Step #1 is getting these people their money and at minimum providing them a timeline of when they will see it.
After that the real question is WHEN are we going to get solid info regarding production and license status?
TBT, those are the only things that really need to be answered currently.

Wow... why am I not surprised the only things you ask for are tentative dates for maybe getting answers? Then you wait the 2 weeks or month and the answers don't come and then what? Oh yeah, that's where we are at.

lowepg has the questions we all need answered. And they should be answered in no uncertain terms immediately.

#3286 9 years ago

If he wasn't lying and scamming, he would have definitely posted in this thread by now. Something useful, not a long winded dance around the issues.

#3315 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

So this was his job? As in, earning an income from it??

I'm thinking his job was at the yacht club...

#3352 9 years ago

I think calling the cops to report this fraud is justified, he has had plenty of time to explain himself and refused. Who knows he could be packing his bags for Canada right now. *if he is innocent he can answer the charges.

#3357 9 years ago

Plus if you're into conspiracy theories... how's this for a scam: raise $750k cash for a company, hire a family member as a lawyer, get in all kinds of legal trouble deliberately, drag on legal proceedings for a few years while said lawyer sucks money from the company (they can bill whatever they want, I have seen 10-20k per month and that's probably cheap in the USA), company goes bankrupt. Whoops, sorry guys, skit-b has no money left because of legal trouble. All the money is gone. To my mom.

#3362 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

All the money is gone. To my mom.

Add: go to prison for white collar crime for 6 months plus house arrest as punishment.

#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It says that she "can't stand people who lie".

was just going to say the same thing tee hee

#3367 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Since DevilsTuner isn't even in on this (from what I can tell), he's not likely to get too far as he's not an actual victim. However, a cop showing up to the Door asking a couple questions / leaving may be a jolt for kevin to wake the f up. Especially If his wife is home and sees this. She may have the most influence of all

Actually, if you are aware of a crime that has been committed you don't have to be the victim to make a complaint that starts an investigation. In fact, that would make it really hard for murders to ever be investigated.

#3377 9 years ago
#3394 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Did you see the movie Tucker? All you have to do is show that you tried to make the product. If he tried then there is no fraud..just a failed business and investors.

Actually, all you have to do is show that he SAID he had a license to build Predator pinball machines when he didn't and he used that lie to take your money.

#3399 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Still, you have to prove he meant to defraud.

No, he has to prove that he has the license he claimed he had when selling the machines for preorder dollars.

#3405 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Things are in motion, and the process will not be immediate. I'm not giving any time-tables (because I'm just not that smart)...but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.

I'm guessing there's not much chance of this until Kevin comes and tells people WHAT wheels are in motion. Hearing random people with god knows what connection to the project saying "don't worry, something's being done, it's being handled, great news is coming, blah blah blah" is about... oh... the past year or so of this project. It doesn't help.

#3467 9 years ago

Allow me to translate:

Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here.

Kevin chats with Aaron about how toxic pinside is.

Quoted from fastpinball:

the steps being taken are not a result of today's surge of threats

Kevin gives zero 'fudges' about what is happening on pinside, and hasn't changed what he's doing despite the shitstorm

Quoted from fastpinball:

Everyone needs to calm down while these remaining details are getting worked out.

Don't try to contact Kevin, he isn't going to talk to you anyway

Quoted from fastpinball:

While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were, I am still willing to advise him through these steps and decisions.

Since Kevin's my friend, I'm going to overlook his fraudulent activity and back him up

Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin has all the data, all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.

Kevin hasn't decided whether to tell all you guys the truth or not. He also hasn't decided whether he will give anybody refunds.

Quoted from fastpinball:

In the meantime, let's all take a breather. Get off this thread for a few days.

Kevin sent me to pinside to tell you he isn't coming whether you like it or not and give you a big middle finger. Hopefully all you customers will go quiet for a few more weeks now.

Thanks Aaron, thought i'd help you out as I am educated in bullshitting 101.

#3504 9 years ago

Challenge accepted, Aaron.

Quoted from fastpinball:

When things were growing increasingly tense on the Predator front, I became concerned about their effects on other projects

I was worried Kevin was lying about his license and funding wasn't going to come in for my pet project
if that was true

Quoted from fastpinball:

what came to light were what I considered guidelines for acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.

I found out he had no license quite some time ago

Quoted from fastpinball:

since then, he has been engaging with parties regarding licensing and manufacturing.

Kevin had to try to score a license after I called him on it

Quoted from fastpinball:

I have offered support and advice based on hard numbers and the project details I have been provided.

Given the licensing and other issues I gave him my opinion on whether it was still possible to complete the project

Quoted from fastpinball:

All of this, including the dramatic dark turn things have taken here, are what will be used in the final decisions on where things go from here.

Kevin knows he lost all of his support which may cause him to pull the plug.

Quoted from fastpinball:

That was just my assessment. That it sounded more like guidance on fair use.

Kevin had correspondence describing what normal people can do with the predator IP without a license. He did not secure a license.

Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin has already stated things needed to get worked out more formally, so I don't need to get involved here.

There is no formal agreement with FOX

Quoted from fastpinball:

PS: I hope nobody thinks I am condoning the way Kevin has handled any of this.

While I am his de facto spokesperson, please don't associate me with his failures, (even though I held back the same information as he did.)

Quoted from fastpinball:

There were so many mistakes and missteps, not uncommon to many first time entrepreneurs, just very public and with a whole lot of other people's money at stake.

Hey, this kind of business is all very normal. Kevin is just like all other entrepreneurs that fail. Try not to focus on the "lying" part, just feel bad for him, his business failed!

Quoted from fastpinball:

I just always try to use any engagement I have in situations like this towards something productive.

I will not relay negative information or anything that compromises SkitB.

Quoted from fastpinball:

I have been brought all up to speed on the state of the Predator project

I know everything that is going on with the business now

Quoted from fastpinball:

I regret not engaging Kevin on the way Predator was going sooner, when more could have been done.

It is beyond saving

Quoted from fastpinball:

But at least I got semi-biweekly emails going.

#3512 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

All right, well played! Responses above.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

There, i think the situation is out in the open now. Thanks for your help.

#3516 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

So, he knowingly took the money to build games with no license, but we are now in a situation where he is to decide how much money each person is getting back? Am I reading this right?

Yes. And in multiple posts he has stated point blank there is no issue with "the license" even though one never existed.

#3517 9 years ago

And pinside owes a pretty big pinside apology to the people who went to FOX trying to verify it.

#3521 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Now that the cat's out of the bag, can someone post the contents of "the e-mail"?

i think it's in the skitb updates thread

#3613 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That does not answer the question.
Yes, i have been cheering this on from the start and have been vocal about the negative implications when others have been trying to instigate a run on the bank for 6 months.
However, you still have not answered the question. Did you stay in longer because of me?

"Don't question this project! Don't question Kevin! All you people trying to ruin the project are the worst scum!" Also paraphrasing but that's basically what we take issue with... A "devoted to the end" attitude that loudly pronounces all people who think and question to be enemies. Sounds like politics...

#3643 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Started of to rip FOX off, but now ended up with the customers getting ripped off. What difference does that make, it's a scam. He didn't have the license, at least the right one.

In my eyes, this is a clear case of fraud. He has quite a few people defending him, mostly good people who want to believe the best. (i.e. kevin is a nice guy so he would never knowingly hurt people).

Fact is, he knew he didn't have a license.
He claimed he had a license to collect $5k off of 250 people.
He pissed away the past year getting virtually no progress on production while sending misleading e-mails to avoid accountability.
He cost FOX money paying lawyers
He disappeared from the public forum to avoid accountability
He damaged the reputations of a few people in our community who defended him with false and misleading information
He concealed the truth of the matter from everybody even though they had business and personal investment in his projects
He lied about contacting people by e-mail to address their concerns and refund requests

Stop defending this guy. He needs to be held accountable and he needs to crawl out of his hole to do it, not send minions out to battle the flames.

#3647 9 years ago
#3649 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Long before that happens, Kevin will have to retain an attorney versed in IP - those attorneys don't accept $5,000 for a retainer....

Well in any case, he better refund all that money before FOX can get their hands on it.

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kev may be naive, but I'm sure he is not dumb enough to hand off the money he is going to need for his defense in federal court.

Well then people better get lawyers to send demand letters for their refunds before he spends it in federal court.

#3665 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm still trying to figure out what license the cabinet guy saw. I mean, he did say he would have never been involved if the game wasn't licensed. He has been absent here. Perhaps he can expound on his previous statements.

Very good point, but he seems to have mysteriously disappeared as well.

#3667 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As any (good) layer will tell you, people ignore demand letters most of the time.

Yeah but it sets a precedent on who has claims on his cash assets.

#3679 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If the money truly was being held be PayPal as promised then there is a very good chance PayPal has caught wind of this and has frozen the funds themselves (whether Fox requested it or not). Kevin may very well not have access to the money right now and simply cannot issue refunds even if he wanted to.

Kevin needs to tell people where their money is and why they are not getting it back. Aaron should be screaming at him to get on pinside and say something.

#3685 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah will repeat: look at the DP Phil side show: when people started requesting refunds and fraud reports on the account during the meltdown, PayPal locked that shit down. The last thing they want is some news story painting PayPal as untrustworthy. So DP had to convince them that nothing was fucked before they could issue refunds. Now, they were actually using PayPal as the "escrow" of sorts for all deposits. If he's already moved the money, not going to help too much. Also, what makes Kevin's deal "special" .. Maybe he was just peacocking about PayPal for some reason when its normal PayPal practices.

He claimed something that can't possibly be true, which is that all of the money he's received are safe and accounted for because of his deal with Paypal. That none of the buyers have even risked a dime.

#3733 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Can someone tell me the whole story? I check out this thread and can read some between the lines, but what actually happened?

read page 70

#3738 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think kevin ever thought he did not have the full and needed license. I don't think he ever illegally marketed anything. I firmly believe he thought he naively had everything in order. by the sounds of it any real stop to ip for renegotiations has happened in the past few weeks?
My position in the line has absolutely nothing to do with how i feel on this and frankly you are way in the wrong for making that accusation.

So he just took all mention of predator off the internet and wouldn't mention the name of the game in his e-mails for no reason, then for a year dodges the issue and didn't even think to look into it until 2 weeks ago. what "you believe" is beyond insane.

#3747 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think kevin ever thought he did not have the full and needed license. I don't think he ever illegally marketed anything. I firmly believe he thought he naively had everything in order. by the sounds of it any real stop to ip for renegotiations has happened in the past few weeks?
My position in the line has absolutely nothing to do with how i feel on this and frankly you are way in the wrong for making that accusation.

Plus he NEVER SAT DOWN WITH FOX. He has NO formal deal signed. How can somebody "naively" think he has everything in order when there is NO DEAL??? He didn't have "less of a deal than he thought" there is NO formal deal signed AT ALL. Stop pretending this is something you can easily overlook!

#3767 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope. No excuse! If they really had information 6 months ago of genuine license issues then they could have genuinely been heroes by saying "i contacted fox at the email or phone number, they have not issued a pinball license for Predator, i suggest you all get out now before fox brings lawsuit or mucks this up. Here is all the info call them for yourself to verify"
Instead they have purposefully obfuscated and lied to many people about the full details while still attempting to cause a lynch mob. The people puling these strings are not just simply trying to stop skitB, they are trying to make a point about ANY new pinball maker. They WANT pinheads to be hurt and left holding the bag while at the same time trying to remove themselves from the activities they have been doing. Ask yourself why they have gone about things this way...

Oh yeah, if you didn't believe them then why didn't you call fox and verify for yourself? instead, shrouded in complete ignorance you shouted them down and called them evil bastards.

You are worse than them because you were wrong. You defended criminal activity over the truth. You implied that anyone who believed there was no license was an idiot and that they should get out of the thread.

I hate shouting into an abyss so I definitely need to add you to my ignore list to save my sanity.

#3788 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No one is correct about whatever is going on until they find out what's going on. As a paid in full PRED buyer, I'm one of quieter ones here.
You guys are seeing conspiracies everywhere. Chill out my pin brothers til we get answers from those directly involved or their immediate contacts.

We already did hear from Aaron. He is directly involved and by his own words knows everything that is happening in this project. Maybe you missed it. Go read page 70.

#3794 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

At least these theories are entertaining. It'd be better if I wasn't financially mired in it, but...

That he never had a license to build predator is not a theory.

#3796 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I wish Aaron was still participating in this thread, if only to shed some more light on the extent of the license involved. Has anyone actually read it? Please tell me this "license" for Predator is not simply based on a phone call to a Fox rep.

He already said Kevin basically had a letter describing the terms of fair use for people who do not have a license.

#3800 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Don't know and really neither do any of us. Not yet anyways.

That denial crap isn't going to fly anymore. Aaron said straight up that Kevin showed him the "license" he was talking about, and it was not in any way shape or form a license deal for manufacturing pinball machines. It was just information on how any person with no signed deal could use the likeness of predator.

If you are saying Aaron was flat out lying, then say that. Don't say "nobody knows," because that's bull plain and simple.

#3803 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

First off, stop trying to put your version of a spin on my words

Actually, denial of facts doesn't require me to spin it. It either exists or it doesn't.

Quoted from underlord:

Second, you know what I meant.

Yes, I object to your assertion that none of us know what is going on. I think you're just wrong.

#3812 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

ANYONE who knows anything probably won't post to an angry mob

Read page 70. You are denying facts again.

#3858 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I am not participating in this "discussion" anymore because YKPinballer is going to continue to twist my words to mean what he wants them to and sound the way he wants them to. Yesterday was exhausting. I did not say anywhere that Kevin showed me the license. YKPinballer flips between me "bullshitting" and sharing "fact," but he gets to decide when what I say is what.
I am NOT directly involved in Predator. I offered to help him sort things out when it began looking like things were getting out of control. So I am taking Aurich's advice for real this time and staying out of this "discussion." Nothing meaningful will be accomplished here.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I did not twist your words. These ARE your words.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

#3868 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Is there a 'they' in regards to the anonymous email 'people'? Could just be one disgruntled soul with an axe to grind?

Lets be real here, Kevin has been caught lying repeatedly and the proof is all over pinside. That anonymous email is very credible. If you want to try to explain it away as a lone nut case, you've got some pretty big blinders on.

#3918 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

LOTS of Predator licensing talk in this interview.
It's perplexing to listen to this and now hear that there never was a license. It just doesn't add up.

Yeah, I just listened to it. Pretty crazy.

#4007 9 years ago

It is interesting to see the people who attack those who are bringing the truth out into the open as "the bad guys." Strange psychological reaction.

#4023 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I was at CAX and could't believe there was no talk of Predator only EOD. Is the Mythbuster guys still on board and how much did they know before getting involved with Skit-B.?images.jpeg

Haha, I'm starting to quesiton if they were ever on board.

#4030 9 years ago

How much predator $ are invested in EOD?

#4035 9 years ago

Aaron, for one.

#4057 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You and me both. I'll wait for Martin's article, then see what happens. Maybe Kevin will send another email in the interim. Lots could happen; or nothing.
I just want my pin and put this mess behind me. I've got no judgements on Kevin, because there are a shit ton, SHIT TON of highly intelligent folks on PS, and I am directly involved with that brain trust, so if Kevin managed to 'scam' anyone over this time, he would've been up against the Apex Predators of this world, accumulated in one website.
I'd like to think Kevin isn't that shady or smart . ( sorry man, but you'd have to be a friggen high IQ evil genius to pull that off here!).

He didn't pull it off, there have been people telling you what's been going on for years and you chose to ignore it.

#4070 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stop it. Just stop. You're presenting this thread as facts. I will choose to ignore something else if you keep it up.
Thanks for looking out for my best interests, I'm a big boy now.
I saw everything everyone else saw. My judgement is based on info from those involved. Fox studios, Kevin Kulek. Aaron? Not so much as he's been out since 2013.
And no one has 'pulled off' anything as far as we know until we know. And right now we don't know.
I'm sure there may be a few with inside info that were involved, Charlie Emery with pf's, Matt from back alley, maybe some vendors, but until we can collect statements from these folks and some others, nothing is proven.

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

#4071 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the Predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

OHHH you are talking about the wrong Aaron, that's why you're confused. Aaron from FAST Pinball is the one who gave us the information. Not former partner Aaron.

#4076 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I thought they were one in the same too

No, the Aaron who told us there is no license is Aaron of FAST pinball, he is Kevin's close confidante and knows exactly what is going on. It is not the former partner who left the project. Keeping that in mind, re-read what he says on page 70 and you will see that there is no room for false hope here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

#4087 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So please just let us know how much you invested please, would go a long way to keeping your agenda valid in this thread.

It's funny how none of the people who look at the evidence and are interested in finding the truth of the situation have asked me that question. But basically everybody who blindly defends skit-b and kevin jumps straight to it.

#4088 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

And YK. I don't know about years man. I only started hearing the license rumors the past couple months.

Yeah I'm probably exaggerating. I can't remember when the first reports came that people were calling FOX and checking out the license. Maybe last sept/oct?

#4124 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But your also not being very aggressive towards those who play a wait and see approach.

I've just been correcting people who clearly misunderstand the situation.

#4136 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And now I'm reporting you to the moderators. Told you to stop screwing with quotes.

... I haven't changed any quotes wtf are you on about?

#4257 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Back in February 2014, the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast did an interview with Kevin. Give it a listen. Interview starts at about 1 hour and 3 minutes into the podcast. Starts with talk about the Predator license.
It is podcast episode 3.
http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp003-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep3-the-greatest-v-the-newest/

After reading the whole story, the part where kevin is talking about licensing in this interview is just mind blowing. I can't believe he fabricated so much... unbelievable.

#4310 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, he ended up mistakenly in the Kevin camp and in hindsight, wrongly supported him. I'm sure he was as frustrated as everybody else.
All I'm saying is Aaron is a really good dude, I don't believe there was any intentional malice or cover up on his part, maybe over zealous support at times? I don't really know because I didn't follow this thread much up until now.
What about the damage Hilton has caused? He was duped and WAY over the top with his "support" and I don't blame him either.
It's a terrible F ing situation. Better jump all over Kevin right now and get whatever's left before more of it disappears.

Quoted from RobT:

Virtually everyone who met Kevin Kulek said the exact same thing.

I understand your perspective on this Ice, but if you could see the PM's sent back and forth between me and Aaron when the truth was coming out, you would realize that Aaron's nice guy persona is for business purposes. He heavily flamed me for getting him to admit the truth on the forum. His #1 priority in all this was to keep people in the dark and try to keep EOD solvent.

I normally would hesitate to bring PM's into the public, but I am really sick of people defending slimy people who "seem like nice guys."

#4346 9 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

Now wait a minute - talking about virtuapin, this isn't just villifying them for nothing. They are absolutely complicit in fraud in this quote. They outright say that they have vetted the license, which is completely untrue as we know now.

#4402 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Does all this mean Experts of Dangerous will be delayed?

I feel bad for the hundreds who must have preordered it.

#4441 9 years ago

*nevermind

#4453 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai,
Just saying two wrongs don't make a right . Ideallt it was legit . Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this. Clearly mr x group was more malicious than helpful by their choice to support fox busting Kevin over telling buyers .
Please don't turn out be part of this group...

No, this site was filled with people who even when faced with factual evidence just deny it and call the people bringing it forward troublemakers and haters. Having Fox come at Kevin officially would make the situation undeniable, and the anonymous group wouldn't have to be the ones "busting" him. Turns out Fox dragged their feet so long that the community just outed the whole story anyway. And no, I'm not involved with the anonymous group.

#4580 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But you also need to think about how and the timing of pulling the fire alarm.
I like you analogy so I will stick with it.
the fire erupts, mr x gets his family out of the building, and then turns the gas pump back on the building to make sure everyone else is fully engulfed, THEN he pulls the alarm and just points to the guy that started the fire.

No... a couple mr. x's that think there is a problem pull out. Then wanting to save the rest of the group from being burned alive in a fire go verifying that there is a problem before pulling the fire alarm.

#4584 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what gets me, is that you guys have no problems buying mods of one of's and what not, that would clearly be copywrite infringement as well, and now someone gets all involved with this big shitstorm, everyone feels self righteous and point fingers on "how could they do that". Truth be told, many of us just want a cool product and really don't give a shit if it's "licensed" or not. And i'm sure there are plenty of people that were on the fringe to get something, they thought was cool, and now it's in going to shit, because someone decided to snoop around and shut down the operation.
Was it shady to take money for a product that wasn't ready to go out the door without licensing after saying they did? Sure. If the 250 were already made before you even knew and were selling them out the door, would the 250 that bought one give a shit? probably not.
I just feel it's comical for so many to point fingers, when they probably own plenty of toppers and other bullshit homemade mods on their games.

The difference being this was 5k of money per person that kevin gambled on being able to illegally manufacture a major luxury item. Which takes years. Which he even admitted he now couldn't even build in his house if he wanted to. There was never a possibility that these people were going to get their black market pinball machines.

#4599 9 years ago

I'm wondering if the paypal money is unfrozen/released to kevin after the 180 day appeal period is up, and that's why he could buy the new house and apparently other fancy stuff recently but not before.

#4610 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here we go pointing fingers again. I don't think it's this at all. Not having business sense or not knowing what you're doing, doesn't automatically make you a con artist. I really don't think he was out to fraud people. If all the money is gone and nothing was made, then it could be a scam or really poor business decisions.

Sure if you ignore all the facts and actual happenings over the past four years that makes sense.

#4938 9 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

Let us not forget something though. Many of those folks who say, "I told you so" are the same ones that had their heads handed to them on a silver platter in days gone past. They were insulted, ridiculed...made to feel like they had no voice in a public forum. It is not fair to make fun of people today....it was also not fair to make fun of people back then!!!!!!

Whistleblowers should be held in the highest esteem. They are the ones going out of their way behind the scenes to bring you the truth. Sometimes it's a difficult truth. It's a shame that there are so few, and it's even worse how they are treated by the most ignorant among us when they actually do bring a hard truth into the light.

#5118 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jeez! Do some of you just like to argue? I'm not saying it would be difficult...just that it's not automatic. If you're going to court you have to SHOW proof. No more, no less. You can't just go in with a good story.

Print the email of him saying he has a license. Show that you paid him $4750. Wow, so difficult.

#5129 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is totally true. Why would some idiots give this thumbs down?

Because these pins were NEVER getting made, period. Those "pinsiders on a crusade" put a stop to a never ending scam.

#5132 9 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

News flash, bud. You DID work on an unlicensed product because you DIDN'T verify the license, which you came onto pinside and assured everybody that you had personally verified.

#5134 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I swear to God I need to stop reading this thread. I'm just going to blow a gasket. Too much ignorance being shown by too many Pinsiders. It hurts!!
I'd prefer to think I hang out in a forum with smart people.

Meh, it just makes it easy to know who should be on your ignore list.

#5167 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's exactly what my business example said. To a tee. You need to learn to read. Lying about licensing or lying about manufacturing costs/tooling, is pretty much the same damn thing and happens all the time with new business, when they are trying to get backers. The story wasn't that complicated, my example wasn't that complicated. Pretty straight forward yet, there are many who seem to can't read worth a shit.

No, your example was a bad one. If you want to compare it to a new stock, it would be like if somebody said they had the rights to mine a new gold mine with x ounces of gold in it. They go public and sell a bunch of shares in the company and 4 years later people find out they never had the mining rights to the property they said they did.

They would be prosecuted for fraud and go to prison. Whatever money the company had would be split amongst the shareholders and the company dissolved.

#5214 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

No what? No you have no debate to this or what?
I'm looking at this form a factual, non emotional/drama stance.
Does kevin suck the worst so far out of all botiques? Yes, of course. He made a neat, unfinished prototype and went around the country. Would he have ever produced the game? Probably not. Did he intend to take everyone's money and not produce? Doubt it. I bet he didn't realize what it takes. Just like Jpop's game. That's not happening either.

Kevin wanted to create predator pinball machines without a license. He knew that he would never be able to do so if people knew he didn't have a license. So he had to scam the money off of everybody by pretending to have a license all along in order to get their money. Because you would have to be a complete idiot to buy into a project like this if you knew he didn't have a license. YES it was a scam from the start. Premeditated. Scamming the pinball community out of money they would NEVER have invested in a project that didn't have an official license.

#5220 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It is when you damn well know the numbers arn't going to work before you even start. Before you even have a company. You fudge your numbers on paper, it's the same damn thing. Why don't you quote my post where I go through the hypothetical business model step by step. You seem to magically avoid that post altogether.

Are you still really on about this? Let it go, your analogy was bad.

#5331 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

This has been the saddest thread I have followed for any single day on this forum and an unfortunately dark portrait of the Pinside community.

I disagree with a lot of your points.
- In my opinion the anonymous group has adequately explained why they took so long getting the info out. At any rate they were doing the best they could to handle the situation delicately, and maybe they aren't "perfect" and can't please everybody but they did what they could when they could. Saying they had "vicious intent" just because the information didn't come out fast enough for you is probably the most hateful thing anybody has said in this entire thread, and it came from you.
- The numerous downvotes are people showing their support in a contentious issue. it's a valuable tool on a forum. And there were a lot of them used because there were a lot of ignorant comments being made. There were actually far more "thumbs up" if you will notice, and people supporting those who brought good points to the issue.
- The manufacturers that helped Skit-B are fairly inexperienced and have never dealt with a case of fraud like this before. I'm sure they will be checking licenses in the future. Spooky has already said that they got suspicious and stopped taking work from kevin.
- That you see this thread as pure mudslinging with no value shows that you don't respect the process of discourse and the valuable information the rest of us were getting from it. That's fine. Don't read it if that's the case.
- Saying we don't have an idea what kind of people they are after 1000 posts of discussion is not necessarily true. We have a lot better understanding of certain peoples thought processes.
- holding onto the information does not "invalidate the good" done by obtaining it... that's just wrong.
- You've seen no physical evidence, but we have multiple parties admitting it exists, and it is not denied by anyone that a license doesn't exist at this point. So you can go on denying it if you want, but everybody else is moving on from that point...

You are clearly very sensitive to negativity, and you consider talking in person to be a "real" discussion but talking online isn't. This is actually one of the most intellectual forums I have been a part of, and despite a few knuckleheads we have been digesting some very tragic news in a pretty orderly manner. I can see a lot of positive out of this, and have felt acceptance and support from a lot of good people who wanted to find the truth in this mess.

#5533 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Same thing is bugging me - something weird.
Another weird thing is the actual knowledge of the licensing process by Kevin (according to one of the subcontractors - check one of the posts above). Did he get it via EoD only, or was he in contact with someone at Fox??

He probably had to go through the licensing process for EoD and that's where he got his specifics. If he is family friends of Roger Sharpe he may have just heard enough conversations about licensing to have a functional knowledge.

#5684 9 years ago

Since the news dropped we have like hundreds of posts of people just explaining why this was a scam to people who are like "ehh... uhm... so what makes it a scam again? Did kevin do something wrong?" It's probably time to let those people float away. If they don't get it by now, they are probably trolling you. Or they don't understand simple concepts. Either way you're boned.

*LoL as I post this i see like 3 or 4 responses saying the same thing just posted before me.

#5892 9 years ago

I'm hoping for their sake the AG just stays anonymous, too many butthurt people plan on turning on them like a bunch of jackals.

1 week later
#6726 9 years ago

It has been 4 years. He was not building these games.

1 month later
#8770 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think the problem here is that he believes, based on some conversation with some peon at 'fox', that he was within legal rights to do it under fair use. Accordingly, he will claim he believed he did have the license when he was stating such, and it was only much later that he learned what he was doing was not acceptable from a licensing standpoint. Which is then followed by the 'now that we know this we are trying to get the proper license', BS

None of that matters, he had no license and said he did, he even made up stories about working with Fox and going through the approval process for the artwork etc. on the Pinheadz podcast. He is a fraud and it's all documented. If he believed he could do this under something some shmoe said about fair use, that's what he would have to say when collecting money. Not "yes, we have a license with fox to make predator pinball."

#8910 8 years ago

Obviously it's still a mess, but congratulations to those of you who have pursued legal action. It appears to be having a positive effect. And those of you who are benefitting from their hard work should at least buy them drinks :p

#9223 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Again re read my post...nowhere did I say that pinside actively promoted skitb. I said they provided a forum to allow kevin to promote the game. And that's a TACIT promotion just by inclusion.

Wrong, for it to be a tacit promotion they would have to have a policy of discluding some people and have chosen to include Predator. The site allows threads for all pinball related items, which does not imply any sort of promotion, tacit or otherwise.

#9230 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not all threads get their own sub forum or informational thread with links to promotional videos either.
We can just agree to disagree..didn't want to sidetrack the purpose of recent posts which is to recover funds

Yes, we can agree to disagree. But that doesn't stop you from being wrong. If you thought about the implications of claiming all informational mediums that host a public forum to discuss a product or company tacitly endorse them you would see how foolish that is.

3 weeks later
#9359 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think they do. I can't find the picture, but if I remember it right there was a picture of Jamie signing EoD translites or standing next to one or something.
EDIT: found the pic, he was signing them
260633-i.png

I wouldn't put it past Kulek to get Jamie to sign one piece of "fan art" inspired by mythbusters and has no idea Kevin is claiming they are on board with the project. Look how many people JPop claimed to be on his team who had no knowledge of it whatsoever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ykpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=ykpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.