Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trevorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3598 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Allow me to translate:

Kevin chats with Aaron about how toxic pinside is.

Kevin gives zero 'fudges' about what is happening on pinside, and hasn't changed what he's doing despite the shitstorm

Don't try to contact Kevin, he isn't going to talk to you anyway

Since Kevin's my friend, I'm going to overlook his fraudulent activity and back him up

Kevin hasn't decided whether to tell all you guys the truth or not. He also hasn't decided whether he will give anybody refunds.

Kevin sent me to pinside to tell you he isn't coming whether you like it or not and give you a big middle finger. Hopefully all you customers will go quiet for a few more weeks now.
Thanks Aaron, thought i'd help you out as I am educated in bullshitting 101.

Pretty spot on translation in my opinion

#4391 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've also got some insight into Kevin's BS talk about PayPal. I think they've locked his account. It happened to me when I first started selling Shadow translites. They see a spike in your account taking money in and they lock shit down and ask you for proof that you're shipping things. The reason being that PayPal is ultimately on the hook if you defraud people. I had to give them tracking numbers and really show that I wasn't a thief before they unlocked and let me withdraw funds.

So my suspicion, based on some facts, some guesses, and some experience, is that any money he took from PayPal is still sitting there, untouched. I don't think he could have spent it if he wanted to.

Wish I could confirm that for sure, but I feel like that's what's going on there.

I'll confirm from both my own personal experience as well as that of a number of close friends that your experience with Paypal is not uncommon.

They'll freeze funds when there's a large influx of cash that's not the norm, even on fairly active accounts.

I believe that a lot of Kevin's B.S. about his "special" Paypal arrangements were simply the account being frozen until he could prove the money was legit and, as happened with your translite's, prove he was shipping the product he collected money for.

I'd wager the failure to get any games out the door as well as the initial attempt to only build ten was partially due to not being able to get access to the frozen Paypal funds.

So, there might be some hope for a partial refund.

#4414 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Interesting... that would be nice if true. Could explain why he always stated it takes time to get a refund???

As Aurich alluded to, there's hoops to jump through to get access to your money when they lock down your account. And the situations I've got experience with are along the lines of activity jumping from say a few hundred dollars in monthly transactions to 5-10k. Someone going from what I'd assume was essentially a non-active account to taking in the kind of cash we're looking at here would presumably have a much higher hurdle to clear before getting the money.

As someone who's in on this project, but has remained quiet in the shadow's I sure hope I'm right.

#4741 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

not in my wildest imagination could i fathom he had zero/no license at all.

Me neither.

I considered my deposit gambling money at the time, so I'm not quite as pissed as a lot of others, but I thought the bottleneck/potential meltdown would be manufacturing the things. Certainly not licensing.

#4949 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I just received an email stating all moneys collected will be refunded in a few days

From who? Kevin? Paypal?

#5602 9 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

its in your best interest to take any statements from him regarding refunds as false and continue moving forward with you backup fraud plans until money actually shows up in your account

Unfortunately, this is quite accurate.

I'm of the opinion that Kevin has no intentions of willingly refunding anybody any money (And I've got skin in the game, so sucks for me too). Here's why:

I, along with everyone else has begun the process of trying to recover what I can from this mess. That included an email to Kevin directly requesting an immediate refund (not that I expected one, just doing some bare bones due diligence). He responded to the email with essentially the same response that a lot of others received and has already been posted here. He stated quite clearly that refunds, in full mind you, would begin flowing in the next few days.

Setting everything else aside he's said, this alone stands as bulls#@t. Without bringing the context of his other lies into the picture.

Why does it reek of bullsh#@t on it's own merit? Because there's no possible way he's got 100% of the funds sitting in an account to refund us, and if he did, I believe we'd already be seeing reports of people getting their cash back. Additionally, who in the hell is going to lend somebody in his shoes the dough to make this thing whole? I'm guessing no one.

Had he send out emails stating something along the lines of: "I'm truly very sorry for this clusterf#@ck I've created. I need 12 hours to total up what's left, figure out how much each buyer gets back (as a percentage of their deposit that equals the percentage of original funds left) and start issuing refunds. There will be a shortfall, each pre-owner will be getting a personal IOU from me for the balance of their deposit that I can't immediately refund. I know I f#@cked up, I will work my fingers to the bone to get each and every one of you every dime you invested in me back. It'll take me a few years, but I'll do it."

Something like that, I would have believed. The "everyone is getting everything returned and doesn't it suck that people conspired against me to prevent me from building your pin" schtick rings hollow.

I'm one of the guys that verified Aurich's information regarding Paypal's practice of freezing accounts that have large spikes in dollar volume and/or number of transactions. It happened to me, it happened to a number of friends and acquaintances, and I'm quite certain it happened to Kevin. So there was that glimmer of hope that maybe Paypal still had the funds locked up and hadn't released them. I hope, for everyone with cash on the line, that that's true. But, upon further reflection, I doubt it. Why? Because there's got to be some legal time limit Paypal has to abide by that requires them to release the funds after a certain date. I don't know. I worked to get my account unfrozen as quickly as possible. But it seems that they would almost certainly have to release the funds at some point.

So, I believe that Kevin most likely got access to all the funds in his Paypal account, and those funds are no longer there.

I also believe people are in for a hell of a time getting any money back. I hope I'm wrong.

#5944 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Given his track record, he's probably furiously Googling and catching up on Law & Order episodes in order to represent himself.

Not that anything about this entire mess is funny.... But that made me laugh!

On a side note, it might not be far from the truth.

#5970 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

not when it can get out of hand. do u realise how many million people, mismanage their credit>?
if its there, use it kinda thing...

I think the point flynnibus is trying to make (and it's a good one) is that purchasing with a CC gives you an extra layer of protection that paying with cash/debit card, etc does not. That layer is the CC company who, in my experience will go to bat for the customer.

It doesn't mean you buy big ticket items with money you haven't got. By all means make sure the cash is in the bank to pay the CC bill before making the purchase. Then immediately pay the bill when it comes in to avoid the interest. Virtually everyone in my family does this. It's come in handy more than once.

#6382 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't have a horse in this race.

It's such a shame to see purchasers having to go through this mess.

As for the money that still exists for refunds...one topic I haven't seen is:

How much money did Kevin pay back alley creations for the parts they'd made for the machine?

I wonder how bad BAC is getting screwed in this fiasco as well.

Here's to hoping everyone gets FULL refunds from SkitB.

I would think that, by and large, vendors have been paid up to date. If they hadn't, I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.

5 years later
#18411 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

People that don't have, and never built up, any sizeable amount of money, will NOT be able to handle a sudden influx of money.
They have zero idea how to manage it and no concept of how to effectively put it to work.

There’s some wisdom in those words. I’ve watched this scenario play out more times than I care to remember with family, friends, you name it. What makes it suck even worse is watching that freight train barreling down and being powerless to stop it. I’ve had to watch while people close to me blew through life changing amounts of money in a matter of months. Nothing could be said or done to change the course.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trevorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=trevorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.