Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry Billy, but from a business perspective if I were on the other side of the coin I would consider people asking for a refund just 5 months after they put it in a PITA. I would not tell them to their face, but would be thinking it in my head.
Granted if I were on the other side of the coin, I would have a private owners club set up by now with weekly picture updates (even when things are not progressing) in order to keep those that provided the 750k of deposits happy. Easy to keep people informed than deal with refund crap IME. If I were building this game you would have sold every other game in your collection before even thinking of bailing
I am not sure where exactly it was stated but I am pretty sure that just prior to the deposit deadline it was made clear that once a deposit was in, it would be used for part acquisition and the only way out was to have someone else take your spot. Either way, glad you got your cash and are out of your spot.

If you take a wad of cash from someone and then think it's a PITA to keep in touch with them you shouldn't take a wad of cash from them in the first place.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Even if they eventually ship all 250 Predator's and even if they turn out to be good games; how could anyone possibly pre-order from them again?

If Predator ends up being incredible.

#446 9 years ago

his p,r,e,d,a,t, and o keys must be broken

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Translation = oh Pinside... this is why we can't have nice things
Some people will never be happy.
Angry mob of non-buyers >"WE WANT communication!"
Kevin > " Hi folks, I am sorry for the poor communication. I planned to have games out by now that would blow your socks off, but have hit delays that were not planned for. I apollogize, but plan to have more communication going forward and share more often with owners"
Angry mob >> "That is not the communication we wanted!" "Arrggghhhh" "We need more drama!"

You take yourself wayyyy to seriously,

Sincerely,
Angry Mob.

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Hilariously predictable! Did you guys say that Skit -B was part of the 9/11 conspiracy as well? Can't recall...

and you should stick to shitting on people's for sale threads mr HEP price expert….

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-no-fear-dangerous-sports#post-2076326

talk about typical asshattery.

: )

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I did nothing to you to warrant a personal attack or name calling. I get that you like to call names and that makes you look like a fool , but since everyone gets to see it here, I am fine with it.

troll today, saint tomorrow. pick a side.

#519 9 years ago

Holy shit, NO ONE hates Predator. People want nothing but success for Skit B and hope every owner gets their game in a timely manner. This is not about the game, it is about how a company had seemingly abandoned their customers with no communication under odd circumstances.
Speculation was bred on the silence Skit B was unwilling to break and nothing more.

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No one is "hating" Skit-B. We just think they could have handheld things about 80% better than they have.

^^^^^^^^^^^

1 month later
#632 9 years ago

I have a serious question for someone privy to the private emails.
Does Skit B mention the word Predator in them? They certainly aren't "promoting anything" to current buyers. What a f'd up license.

#635 9 years ago

So there are no private emails? Nice. I think it is a good gesture on their part that they are allowing the community to see the emails they are sending out.

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Who cares if they can say Predator or not? I couldn't give a flying F about that. The ONLY thing that matters is if they stick to their word and actually build these things in a timely manner for those that have paid in full and are still in despite all the BS.

Apparently the licensor does.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

The licensor probably doesn't want someone designing a game, talking about it all over the internet and then the product never gets made (for whatever reason). It makes the brand look like a flop, which is damaging. So they just tell the license holder to keep quiet until the product is ready to ship. Stern seems to do the same thing but we don't notice because they don't need to get pre-orders to finance their projects.

That makes sense and I really do appreciate taking the time to address my question. I'm not trying to troll the thread but the use of such a well known license by such an unknown company such as Skit B is really interesting IMO.

1 week later
#651 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, someone was saying skitb didn't get the full promotional license because the pins were already sold out so they didn't need to advertise.
JJP is selling unlimited hobbits so they need to advertise. I have no idea on the specifics, but they would have 2 differently structured license agreements.

which is odd as that means they sold out of games before they had the license.

1 month later
#1396 9 years ago

Pinhead on pinhead crime created by this crap is the biggest issue IMO. This is why every pinhead has something on the line with all of these "manufacturers" and their apparent apathy towards those that would make their ideas happen.

I truly do hope everyone gets their game and hope it's worth every cent of fun that you expect it to be.
It's a brave move to back a pinball company and I can't fault anyone for that, wish I had the guts to do it.

#1401 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. It's really a shame that so many of these pre-order "boutique" companies are being run by incompetent people. Even if they had the best of intentions, they have done more harm to the hobby than good.

To defend them though they are inexperienced, not incompetent. They may be able to produce these games, the issue is with their inability to understand the scope of the projects and the demand they put on themselves as soon as they take a dollar from someone.

Would be nice to see Stern become a manufacturer for projects like this. Allow people to pre order games designed by boutique designers and allow Stern to set cost, manage the money and production of these games. Stern is the only company with the manufacturing experience to help see these projects through.

#1415 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I hate to be so blunt, but I call 'em like I see 'em. Inexperience may be a major reason why they are incompetent, but they are incompetent nonetheless. The facts speak for themselves. When you take so much money from the community, it's about more than just bringing the game to fruition. You are responsible for money management, timelines, communication, etc ... If someone doesn't have the necessary skill set to run every aspect of the company, then they need to bring people on board who can.

fair enough. I will save the incompetence moniker if the project fails.

#1662 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

see, here you are trolling again.
The truth is by and large I have been avoiding all MMR talk. I did chime in the other day when the guy whom loaned his machine to Rick could not even get a return call for over a month. That is less MMr and just common respect when you borrow something like a 10k machine to be better with communication.
Aside from that, I have been staying out of MMr stuff even though I have more knowledge than many about some of the current issues/delays.

then why not post what you know? If you are in a thread and have something to add, add it.

#1682 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because it quickly just becomes more fodder for the haters. The issues will likely get worked out. Similar to here where people take a mole hill and make a mountain out of it, why even give them the mole hill? Better off to just let the manufacturer work it out and get it right as I am sure they will over time. I also assume that if they don't then the first batch will let them know about it pretty quickly.

"likely get worked out." ugh. seriously?

You imply that you know something problematic about the build but won't open your mouth about it.

SMH.

3 weeks later
#6392 9 years ago

You guys should contact the AG of his state and take it to the next level. The amount of fraud committed at this point seems pretty serious. I think it sucks to have to initiate that level of response but it really doesn't seem that there is much choice at this point. What a PITA.

#6402 9 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Googled the Michigan AG. Here's a link with instructions on filling out a complaint.
https://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html
From the site: "In some cases, the Consumer Protection Division may be unable to obtain any cooperation from the business. If the business refuses to respond, we will inform you in writing. You may then want to consider filing suit in Small Claims Court or consulting with a private attorney to review your legal options."
So, the way I read that; they can act as a mediator, but if Kevin refuses to play ball, you'll have to sue him.

I think what's important is that it is a formal step in the process.

4 months later
#9485 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

To be honest, every time someone changes lanes in front of me without using a turn signal, I find myself wishing them dead, so this is a rare case of one of those fuckers getting the justice they deserve.

Wow, so much is wrong about this. SMH.

#9495 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But I can relate. I think the same thing about everyone in the far left lane with nobody in back of them driving anywhere near the speed limit.
Rule is: If someone is in back of you and nobody is in front of you, move over the the next right lane.
Pretty simple. but many don't know how to follow it. Especially MO. Apparently nobody there knows this rule at all. Out of all my travels, this state is the worst when it comes to that.

I can relate to not liking inconsiderate drivers, the rest of the sentiment is just fucking idiotic.

#9497 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I am on Darthxaos side. From an anger emotional point of view that is! I, also Neo I bet, would never actually let someone die as a lack of lane signaling punishment if given the power to do so. He is simply voicing anger at some of the idiots out there that are careless and insensitive to the safety of others. There are thousands if not millions of them! Other examples are the fools that zoom and change lanes or cut in front of you...only to slam their brakes on and make an abrupt right turn while you are forced to slam your brakes on and pray you do not rear end hit him/her! They could have safely got behind you or simply passed their right turn path and looped back around after, friggin jerks.
To close my opinion though...this is very important. I have the opinion that every person alive (certainly every person in this thread) has wished someone dead for some unjustified reason in their life time! I am convinced of it! All Neo did was voluntarily state his occurance of doing it! Everyone criticizing has not volunteered but it does not mean they never did it? Why be harsh on someone that at least admitted expressing an emotional hatred for some driving fools? It is not right...unless you never have done so yourself. I of course would not believe it either way lol.
My 2 cents. Peace and good luck/happiness to all!

"so this is a rare case of one of those fuckers getting the justice they deserve."

This is not a sentiment I have ever felt. If this is they typical feeling someone has about the rest of humanity I would argue that this is the person with the problem, and not the one neglecting their turn signal.

Life is short and people can be inconsiderate, breath deep and move on.

#9501 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

My opinion, friend, is this. Everyone has done what he did, just not maybe posted about it. Whether you wished a bully to die in junior high school...or a girl who dumped you...or a boss that unrightly passed you over for promotion....or a person that cheated you out of $$$, etc. Everyone reading this thread has wished someone dead at one time or another. This poor pinsider admitted his doing in a forum and what is wrong with that? Now if he posts here and says he would actually kill them as punishment if somehow given the ability to do so...then thats totally different. I myself cannot forum pound a person that does something that I have done in my life, it would not be fair!

I guess my internal fire just doesn't burn as out of control as everyone else's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.