Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The moderators had a meeting and requested you stop eating so much.

You're a better person than this, Corey.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

You are funny.
Down Simba is a expression used when you believe someone is over-reacting.

It's also pinball related, as it's a quote in Cirqus Voltaire.

4 months later
#2519 9 years ago

"(They) did have the license, but it wasn't what they thought" means he's been bullshitting everyone for the past several months about the license being fine. It's not fine, it's fubar, and anything going forward is probably going to be different in significant ways than it was on the "final" game design, and I'd expect quite lengthy delays moving forward.

That's about the best you can spin it.

#2548 9 years ago

Yes. In denial.

#2557 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on Predator over jpop at this moment in time.

It reads ok, but the problem is, he's been lying for months about the license. Can you really trust anything else in there?

#2725 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"; So let it be with Kevin........ This guy is trying to make things right, before everyone makes a run on the bank, let the man resolve the issues. Yes he frankly screwed this up much worse than it needed to be with his silence but again like TBL if the issues are on the mend, the community (this is still a community right?) should help him not bury him.

He let that chance slip months ago when he started lying about the license issues....

#2790 9 years ago

Generic game produced without content, with black market playfield decals, translight, cabinet decals and software is about the best you could hope for at this moment.

#5116 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because your "generalized statement" was idiotic. And it still is.
I still have no clue how you can call the whistleblowers who came out with the truth "assholes" or self serving when they are anonymous!

A lot of anonymous people are trying to be famous. It's just really, really, really hard.....

#5121 9 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

One thing we know for sure.... Kevin is sure one awesome pathological liar.

#5164 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Lying about licensing or lying about manufacturing costs/tooling, is pretty much the same damn thing and happens all the time with new business

Not at all the same thing. Not even somewhat related. No.

Damn.

#5185 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If he refunds everyone then there was no scam and it explicitly proves the crusaders(and kevin taking 4 years lol) ruined the project.

No.

#5194 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

No what? No you have no debate to this or what?
I'm looking at this form a factual, non emotional/drama stance.
Does kevin suck the worst so far out of all botiques? Yes, of course. He made a neat, unfinished prototype and went around the country. Would he have ever produced the game? Probably not. Did he intend to take everyone's money and not produce? Doubt it. I bet he didn't realize what it takes. Just like Jpop's game. That's not happening either.

The scam was he started selling a licensed game, WITHOUT A LICENSE. There is no way these two things are congruent with the intent not to scam.

The scam continued when he decided to take in money after he received a C&D letter for selling a product with content which required a license that he did not posses.

a C&D letter means exactly that. CEASE! He did not. The law will not be as friendly as you seem to be.

#5406 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So now virtual pinball machines that run visual pinball are bad as well? give me a fawking break.

Paul came in here pretty cocksure that he had verified the existence of the license, and that anyone who knew him would know he would NEVER work on a project that wasn't licensed.

Except that he didn't verify the license, and he did work on an unlicensed project.

Paul isn't a bad guy, but his personal and professional assurance that the license was valid is one of the reasons people continued to stay in well past the point where they should have bailed.

Understanding this doesn't assume any facts not already in evidence.

#5409 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

His job

His job is to make cabinets. If someone wants a cabinet for a project, he makes it, plain and simple. It's not his job to go around and background check every customer he has. Paul really has nothing to do with this shitfest.

You continue to be as obtuse as possible.

He interjected himself into the damned issue when he came here and proclaimed loudly and professionally that he had seen the license, and he wouldn't be involved in any project that wasn't fully licensed.

He would have been way more helpful if he would have understood that his job was just to make cabinets and had not come here to do damage control for Kevin - with incorrect information.

His involvement in this certainly gave cover to Kevin to further engage in his fraud. It is irrelevant whether or not you understand this.

#5413 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did not see the post where Paul said he seen the license. I only saw where he said he had no reason to believe he didn't have a license. thats' all I saw.
But if you only make cabinets and put stickers on them, I don't think you have to worry about licensing anyway, unless the actual physical cabinet you're building is somehow copywritten.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#5705 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

From Webster: Scam = a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation
Did Kevin deceive his buyers by claiming that Predator was licensed in an attempt to receive pre-order money. Yes he did. Did he continue during the course of the project deceive his buyers and suppliers into thinking he had a license for Predator when in fact he did not? Yes he did.
SCAM....End of Story

So clear.

#5706 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Right, and Webster continues to say that "A scam is a a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people".
How did Kevin make money if he's refunding everyone?
NO SCAM....End of drama.

Oh. Who got a refund today?

#5712 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Refund today? Who talked about getting a refund today?
From the lion's mouth:
"The sad truth of the matter is that we are forced to cancel the project and refund the money to everyone regardless if they still want a game or not. The refund process is expected to be swift and completed very soon. You all will start to see those balances reflecting in your accounts in a few short days.
-Kevin"

virtue.jpg

Oh. I suppose there is every reason to believe him at this point.... He's pretty honest so far.....,

#5721 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why I waste my breath, I'll never know....That is NOT what Webster's says:
Full Definition of SCAM (NOUN)
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>
Full Definition of SCAM (VERB)
1: deceive, defraud
2: to obtain (as money) by a scam
So my goodness, he fits all three> He committed a deceptive act, he deceived and he obtained money through deception. Doesn't matter that he 'may' give some portion of the money back....He obtained money via a SCAM and he SCAMMED pinsiders into sending him money under the pretense of a licensed game.
I don't know how much clearer I can make it...So I won't.

The law will totally understand your point of view, regardless of what Nintendo seems to say..

3 months later
#9320 8 years ago

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#9326 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Paul has been a stand-up guy, and I don't think he would have ever deleted those. As you can see in those comments, he was conned like everyone else, and he took responsibility for what he said and gave his explanation for it. He was pretty clear as to what happened and how he was shafted, and probably to a far greater extent then any buyer.

Paul's down fall was stating that the license was secure without actually knowing that it was. He was using his position of relative authority to calm the fears of the customers without actually knowing for sure what he was saying was true. That's the part that isn't stand-up. There is no other way to put that.

11 months later
#10639 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hope nobody does that, because that is dirty pool.

You'd also probably get in more trouble for doing that than Kevin is going to get into for doing what he did.... unfortunately.

1 year later
#17790 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Where is Keith??

Driving that lambo around somewhere....

6 months later
#18046 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats been the point of most people that didn't get ripped off and can stand to the side and watch. To the conspiracy theory tilted here that makes us buddies with Kevin, but whatever. I understand completely wanting to take Kevin to the full extent of pound town, but the pie in the sky "let's get all the monies back" is conspiracy theory of its own.

The money is in a sack, under a tree behind the flooded house. There's a map. It will be discovered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.