Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4649 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here we go pointing fingers again. I don't think it's this at all. Not having business sense or not knowing what you're doing, doesn't automatically make you a con artist. I really don't think he was out to fraud people. If all the money is gone and nothing was made, then it could be a scam or really poor business decisions.

He intentionally deceived people to acquire money. That's not a poor business decision, it's fraud.

#4664 9 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Those following the model of prepayment will need to modify their business approach to have some form of a license validation/certification process going forward. I think this is certainly bad for the industry. JJP wouldn't be there without the prepay model and while I like Stern very much, competition and innovation go hand-in-hand.

The problem is that these aren't pre-orders, they are interest-free loans. When you're funding the startup costs for a company, you're an investor. You're taking on risk, especially in an industry that still only has one company regularly producing machines.

I don't want to crap on the idea of hobbyists funding new businesses they want to see. I just think it's better to drop the whole "pre-order" charade and move the stuff to Kickstarter where it belongs. Or have these companies take out a business loan like everyone else.

#5153 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see evidence this was a scam. I've played the game. It actually exists. There are better and more profitable ways to scam people out of money than making a real pinball machine.

I don't think it was intended as a scam. But he was in way over his head and it appears was committing fraud to acquire funds.

Even if the license was legit, these were never going to be made. Making a few prototypes to bring to shows is one thing, producing 250 of these out of your basement at that price point is impossible.

#5273 9 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

4 red flags were ignored period. All 4 red flags were brought up here and never did a civil conversation result...never. People fell in love with the pin and the concept. I can see why, it was appealing. I was even in until 18 months ago. Red flags are red flags.
1) Was here almost every day when it was funding time. After piggy bank was full, bye bye.
2) ALL Predator information, videos and references removed from web site, you tube and emails.
3) Delay after delay. Touting a second pin while delaying and stealth silence for 1st pin.
4) Promised manufacturing building never executed. 2 years in the making to lease, then did not.
Red flags. Hopefully if this ever happens again...people can discuss it in a civil manner.
1)

I think price has to be in there too. When Spooky came out with their pricing, it should have been a red flag. How was Skit-B producing a licensed table for $1200 less than Spooky?

#6338 9 years ago

The whole Paypal thing is weird. Would they really sit on money for 2 years? Would they really act as a CFO of sorts for his company approving all purchases?

Wouldn't it make more sense to say Paypal locked the account back in 2013, have them process refunds to everyone, and ask for people to pay through his own merchant account or check? Like I know Paypal freezes accounts, but it shouldn't take 2 years to get that resolved.

#6351 9 years ago

Why can't these boutique pinball companies open a merchant account like other legitimate businesses?

2 weeks later
#7510 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

"And so as far as the pinball community goes, the biggest preface is; Pinside is not the pinball community."
Really dude? Cause I'm pretty sure that's how you got notoriety....
I'm pretty sure he has lawyer'd up, and he just outlined his lame defense. All criminals like to play the victim.

It sure was the pinball community when he was raising money.

The guy has a personality disorder. I wouldn't take anything he says at face value. Continue to try and get refunds through your banks and/or through other legal means. Continue to pursue criminal charges.

1 week later
#8065 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sadly, the more trouble he sees coming, the more money he will need to hold onto for big legal fees.

It's not like he was rushing to refund the money before authorities got involved.

1 month later
#9238 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

On with PP, still, after 30 minutes.
First rep said that the refund was initiated using an attached bank account or e-check, Not via his PP account.
The rep said, "I am not supposed to tell you this, but he cannot pay from his PP account because it is a negative balance", I ask how much, "$94,000".
I am on hold as I try to start a claim now based on my refund transaction ID, which is current enough - at least that is my hope and assumption while I wait on hold.

If he's $94,000 in the hole to Paypal (which makes sense with all the chargebacks), it's only a matter of time before they take legal action.

I also don't know why Paypal would let refunds go through if his account was that far in the negative. You'd think they'd want their money first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=sturner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.