Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

correct me if im wrong but there is zero reference on their official skitb pinball website to their Predator pin ?.. at all .... unless im looking blindly, which i dont doubt sometimes.

You have to view the website in a room lit by blacklight; then you will see Predator on the skitb website.

2 months later
#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

All you haters

I have a hard time taking any post seriously that uses "haters".

I just picture a 12 year kid screaming into his Xbox headset, "haters gonna hate." Definitely not vernacular I associate with adults, but "whatevs".

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Did you hear this from your 12 year old?

I threw think in as a joke. Thankfully no they don't use whatevs but if I hear yolo one more time I may go postal. LOL

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Your previous girlfriend.

Reminds me of the old joke about divorce.

Divorce: the f***ing get for the f***ing you got.

Truer words haven't been spoken, sadly.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Who the F is Martin Hilton?

Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno what you would say to Martin, Hilton, you've admitted you don't have any of the inside info.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would hope PBN is also a responsible reporter and he will be sure to name all parties in his article (including the ones that are apparently working with him and have been anonymously emailing me).

Is that how you really think reporting/journalism works, naming confidential sources? LOL

No one would be willing to wistleblow is they were outed. A journalist gets tips/leads from confidants and then does journalism to ferret out the truth or disprove the source. Come on man, you're better than that. With the amount of protesting you are doing, I surmise Kevin's email has you more shaken than your blustering is letting on.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I agree with you.
Although I think what Hilton is trying to do is have others "fess up" if they are also receiving info from anonymous sources on the "major issues" Kevin eluded to in his email to owners. While Hilton is overly passionate in uncovering the "nameless" accusers and what they are alledging; he's also trying to say he's not a lone gunman in knowing something.
Again, is there a cat in the bag or just a bag? Drama seems so unnecessary. I feel like it's a radio teaser - keep listening through the commercials until the next segment. Ugh!

That's a fair assessment. If pbn does investigate the allegations, the anonymous sources are a moot point once the investigating process starts. As you said, cat, bag, etc.

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Until told otherwise, I am going to assume all 250 games will get built eventually.
IF there is something amiss with the project then I assume the other 240 will quickly get their cash back since it appears not much of their deposit money has been used for parts??? (we have seen parts for ~10 games at this stage?)

Surely you have believe that skitb had more costs than just the parts needed directly to build customers machines.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure, but I assume their normal 9-5 is being used for start up and to deal with those costs for the most part. Aside from that their is some degree of profit built in for each game I would guess.
With only parts for 10 games at this stage the only large game specific costs would be the molds for ramps. Other things are purchased JIT, so unlikely they have a huge stockpile of parts that they have blown the cash on.
What costs do you think they have?

I appreciate that rational response. I know how much this project means to you. that aside, a lot runs through my mind, the first is how incredibly expensive it has to be to order parts for 10 games versus 250. I honestly couldn't say what percentage is gone but surely there is not enough left to complete all 250. Common sense dictates that. Additionally, I think it's a reach to assume all their overhead and R&D came from their 9to5 income.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really enjoyed listening to your podcast after the TBL issues, so if you have something to add here I think a lot of us would like to hear it.

Agreed. I haven't got that far in the podcast yet. My new car has Bluetooth so I have been listening on my 1.5 hour commute each way daily. Great podcast Nate. Interested in your take if you choose to discuss it.

#1799 4 years ago

I took it the other way. He specifically stated he had credible info from several unrelated sources going all the way back to expo. Since his conjecture portion of the podcast was heavily slanted towards a license issue, one could speculate that his opinion and the info he received jive. He even proffered a possibility or scenario where the license was never acquired; amongst other possible liscensing scenarios. He went over and over the license issue. That to mean speaks volumes of what he was really wanting to say. Just my interpretation though. ::shrug::

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given things that I've heard that's my informed assumption also. Frankly what I've heard goes back long before Expo, even before all the videos were pulled etc. I didn't pay it too much attention at the time since I wasn't in on the game, and things were still public and "smooth" so to speak. But looking back it makes me wonder.

Gah, I wish I would have finished editing my monstrosity of a post. I look like I'm drunk posting and I haven't had a drop, lol.

#1805 4 years ago

Wtf, duplicate post. I'm revoking my posting privileges for one hour.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

In Nate's Podcast, he seemed to wonder where Skit-B came up with the number of 250 machines, but if you look back to when they spoke at Expo 2012 (http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2012/):
"They said they managed to get the licence from 20th Century Fox simply by making phone calls and settled on the number of machines to make of 250 based on the minimum number required by the licensor."
Brad

To be fair he said he couldn't remember how 250 was selected but found the number to be odd. He did seem to dwell on the 250 for a tick.

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I've ridden worse. ( shivers)....
Worse...
Jenny Con? Been smoking hot since forever.

You've ridden worse than a horse? Sheep?

1 week later
#2347 4 years ago

Time must almost be up. We're hearing the, "hold on great news coming soon", chorus again.

#2524 4 years ago

If these email summaries are accurate Kevin is borderline pathological. This was the good news? Holy shit. I would hate to see bad news then. There is no way jjp, spooky, Et al will assemble game one until the license is rock solid.

It is clear Kevin hasn't been forthcoming about the license. One has to speculate that nothing was approved by the asset holder and the game is most definitely going to be different than what we presently have; if it makes it that far.

Man, Kevin has really put a ton of people in harms way. Move over VonnieD, I think you have a roommate inbound.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

"In our attempts to gather showable documents to prove this wrong, we learned that our licensing deal really wasn't what we thought it was. Thankfully, with the understanding folks who control said IP and the help of a lifelong family friend, these hurdles are quickly being overcome."

How can he possibly not know what his liscence entails. It's clear Kevin will lie and tell half truths that paint the most favorable picture possible. At best this project just got setback 6 months if it sees the light of day.

What about the virtucab guy proclaiming all is well and that he wouldn't build anything without the proper licenses? Where is he now? What about Kevin blatantly saying the license is fine AFTER all the ip was pulled from the skitb website? Now the story is a family friend is helping? Where the fuck was this family friend months ago when the ip was pulled. Man I'm sorry to rant but I can't stand liars.

My grandfather told me once about a business partner of mine, "he would rather tell a lie when the truth is a better story."

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That email actually put me in a harder spot then before. Before we didn't know if the license was good or not but I wasn't thinking refund because it wasn't possible. If refunds are possible now and we know there is licensing issues I can't stop thinking about asking for a refund now.

If you're on the fence, my question is how do you even know what the game will look like if and when the asset holder approves it's final itineration. One has to speculate that the asset holder wasn't consulted nor signed off on the game that was/is "being assembled".

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

LOLZ!
0e1774207ecaca1a3abce15944412b5e8bdf91676388ddbca796557becb45848.jpg

I lol'd at his post too.

At least she's letting him keep the twig after she takes the berries.

#2653 4 years ago

Hey Ted, instead of lurking and down voting my post, how about commenting here. You clearly think I'm wrong by suggesting he's lying so enlighten us. Is what Kevin said in his email congruent to what he said to you by phone? You had a positive vibe after speaking to him. Do you still hold that same opinion? Kevin got a two week reprive largely based on your interaction with him. Im curious if what he told you jives with what he's telling everyone else via email. image.jpg

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I still wonder how he set this company up as a non-profit.

Well at the rate he's going, this venture will most assuredly be "not for profit".

Seriously though, I wonder the same. A commercial enterprise as a not for profit entity. Perhaps ice can speak to that. He's versed in tax law.

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't doubt he did license Predator in some way.
It just may not be in the way he thought he did.
-
Kind of the same thing with Lebowski, eh?

Come on vid. You're a reasonable guy. I respect your input and worldly experience but none of that is reasonable. The license may not be what he thought? Seriously? Ineptitude isn't a defense. I can't fathom any instance where someone of the intelligence on the order of building a pinball machine doesn't ask, "ok, what rights specifically does this license grant me?" That's bullshit of the highest order.

Comparing it to tbl is a stretch; and I have my doubts about their ability to get to market. Phil said their cavalier attitude was jeopardizing the license. Never was it a question of, oops we didn't realize what kind of license we had. I never got the inclination they were operating without the correct license, rather pushing the boundaries to the point of jeopordizing the whole thing. Apples to oranges.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know licensing, because I've done licensing.
But most people don't know anything about licensing.
Most bands have a heart attack when they have to buy a $90 license before the CD replicator will stamp their CDs because they have a cover song on it. They have no idea that they have to pay to use someone's IP.....

I have no doubts you know licensing. Skitb not knowing what they have is inexcusable and is beyond an acceptable excuse. Spin it whichever way, it was Kevin's responsibility to know. Period. Kevin was fully aware he needed a license. How he handled what he had is the crux of it. If he really didn't have what he thought he had, as he has proffered, is something only kevin knows. That piece of information (which we most certianly will never find out) would determine if his actions were willfull or not.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Intent is not really that relevant from a legal standpoint. Whether actual or constructive, either is actionable. The latter is harder to prove, but not particularly difficult.

Sure but I wasn't talking about legal action. I was just responding to the defense of "ip license is difficult and confusing."

#2796 4 years ago

It's not a rumor. Kevin went into why he set it up that way in the (I believe) predator thread.
**edit: Frolic beat me to the punch. Thanks for digging the post up.**

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Speaking of that where is Ted? He has Kevin's # right? Why is he as quiet as Kevin all the sudden?

He pm'd me when I asked the question why he down voted me but wasn't replying. He told me he wasn't coming back in this thread. ::shrug::

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Just wondering if kevin told him something different. Poor Ted was hung out here.

No, Ted is still sticking to everything is fine.

#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those could get leaked as a torrent, you never know when hackers steal all the info from your computer......

Well, I can say with a 100% authority on the subject; the courts will not buy an excuse like that and will string him up if he tries to play cutesy with the judge. I would strongly suggest Kevin avoid taking the route of "my computer got hacked" or "a friend got access to the files so he may have done it."

#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lowepg trolled him out of the thread a few pages back.
Can't really blame Ted for departing after that.

I really like you man but you're full of more excuses than I thought was possible. Ted's a good dude but he shouldn't have interjected himself in this and vouched for Kevin if he wasn't willing to face the blowback. Maybe on you're block that shit flies. It doesn't on mine.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like anyone looking to talk to Ted could PM him. He got tired of lowepg's crap and left the thread. That is not an excuse. That is his perogative to not deal with some people's BS.
He offered up to PM him if you have a question.

Fair enough, I stand corrected on the excuse part. My apologies. I stand by the rest.

#2966 4 years ago

I'm sure there is a way to verify nonprofit organizations. Has anyone done so?

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

What did he say exactly?
There might be a difference between a statement like "I am not here to milk money out of hobbyists" and Skit-B is a nonprofit organization.

Frolic posted links to where he said it.

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not saying Kevin start the torrent, I'm saying one of the 250 owners copy his files.
His home computer is wide open right now.

That scenario, improbable as it may be ends badly for Kevin either way. Negligence will not curry favor in the laws eyes. He would be held accountable regardless of how it got out and the resulting damages the ip holder claims. Flimsy? Yes but fox has the finances to push that angle. It's just not a viable solution. In all seriousness though, this is beyond speculation a conjecture and delving into silly. I was just offering some sage advice in the off chance that crossed his mind.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When news is ready...we'll get it....THEN

I'm curious, Ted, what is a sufficient duration to wait? You are clearly of the mindset to wait. For how long? One week? One month? One year.? How long is it acceptable for Kevin to get his shit into one ball? One could counter that every day he's allowed to spin the wheels is another day more money and dwindling resources are diverted from what it takes to get the ship to port. There has to be a tipping point. I understand that time isn't now for you and others? It **was** two weeks ago. What is it now? I ask not out of malice but genuine curiosity.

Enjoy the cigars my good man. I am partaking in a fine partagas 1845 black as I type.image.jpg

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Although he knows some programming, firewalls are clearly not his strong point.

You sneaky old dog.

#3051 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice. Partagas and Fuente are my favorites.
As far as waiting...hard to tell...BUT, we have no choice. When he gets everything sorted out, we'll get the news....good or bad....why waste time guessing...

Yep, partagas 1845 black gigante, 6x60. My favorite smoke. Haven't puffed anything else in a year.

As for time, at some point, Kevin has to run out of it. Imo, for everyone's sake, the sooner the better.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Guys as you are aware Kevin does not frequent Pinside as much as he once did. I can organize a Q&A with Kevin for all the buyers of Predator here on Pinside if that would make you feel better.
Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there..............

This isn't aimed at you so please don't take it as such.

Kevin doesn't frequent pinside as much. Seriously? Gee, I wonder why that is? Could it be he is at the precipice of costing a lot of good people a great deal. I just can't even wrap my head around the fact that he or anyone else accepts that bullshit reasoning. Seriously. Add to it that he wants pinball news tell his side of the story. Unbelievable. I try to be factual and straightforward without getting doom and gloom but hol-e-hell. The writing is spray painted on the wall in neon yellow for all to see. He has retreated to his cocoon and I guess hopes it will all go away if he ignores it. He's in a corner and he's hiding because no news, some news or any news is all bad news. He doesn't have anything good to say so he chooses to say nothing. If I'm wrong Kevin, let me have it. Blast me for being a son of a whore. I would gladly own that if it meant good pinheads got the proof this is going to work. Prove me, prove the "haters" (ugh I hate that word) wrong. Just. quit. hiding.

#3119 4 years ago

I'm not sure the lying part is all that accurate.

I have never heard of Occam's razor. I will have to read up on it.

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If you want to talk with Kevin, all of his info is listed on any website that tells you the registrant info for websites (I.e. Skitbpinball.com). Apparently I get banned by posting the direct link to public information on this site....
But he's only stolen ~$5k from me and many other people here, so fcuk me, Amirite mods?!?

I sure hope that isn't the case. It isn't like you posted an unlisted number. The website list that information to the public for a reason. Kevin decided what information he was making available when he setup the domain.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Tend to agree with you, but I gotta chime in with just one thing.. Most people here know more about pinball machines than anyone knows about stocks on a stock forum, lol.

Not only that. How many of those forums have members donated wheelchairs, pinball machines and thousands of dollars to charitable causes? I get tired of the bagging on pinsiders. We're a good close group. Sure there's friction at times but the under riding sentiment is a brotherhood centered on the enjoyment of pinball. I have been on many forums and have never once considered inviting anyone to my home like I have on pinside. I have sent $12,000 across the country for a pin because the member was a trusted pinsider. I would have never considered that on any other forum. So, please. Enough with pinside is so bad lately. It's bad because you choose to focus on the bad.

::off rant:: back on topic. Wtf Kevin?!?

#3240 4 years ago

He never intended to refund. He stated he would refund in the prior email knowing full well his follow up email was going to be, "going one email at a time to process the refund." That slight of hand buys him an undefined timeline since no one can prove what order they are in line. The level of deceit is astounding. Kevin is playing with a candle burning at both ends. His behavior is detestable.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Let's not even talk about how long it takes to get through the entire list of emails, as there is probably multiples from people, so the list could be many multiples longer.
So lets just assume he has a Mountain of emails from the last few days to get through. Lets just see the first one. Unless we are to believe that the mountain of emails from the last few days began with an avalanche of emails from people who aren't in this thread, then someone here has a non-form letter personal response, hopefully with clear answers to their questions.

My best guess is he will issue a few refunds to keep up the ruse. If I was a deceitful person in Kevin's shoes, I would select a few of the most vocals members here looking for a refund and issue them refunds. Those members report here they got their refund, thus creating the illusion the spigot is turned on; thus buying even more time.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

The latest email contradicts his earlier email .....
"Being a firm believer in the fact that every cloud has a silver lining, I am happy to report that we now have added staff to our support department that is waiting to happily answer any questions or concerns you may have."
I don't think he paid his "staff in the support department" either.

Wait, this is the most recent email? Lmao. Well that's proof positive he's lurking here. After pinside reacts to one of his stellar emails, he crafts another email to dodge the critism again. Here's an idea Kevin, log into PayPal and refund the damn money. No more bullshit emails. Just do it. Quit stalling.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

No this is his earlier email

Oh, I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Does anyone still believe that SkitB is a business with an actual business license.

God help him if he doesn't. If this goes south he's on the hook for everything personally. How would he be reporting $750,000 of **income**? PayPal 1099's. That just can't be true.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Maybe the money is being used in someone else's name? Hmm???

Quoted from Nibbles:

Go to the link I posted for midland public records, login as guest, search Kulek, and her name comes up as sole purchaser late last year. All public info, but apparently I can't directly link it...

And this is why staying silent is never a good thing. Speculation breeds distrust. Distrust motivates enterprising individuals to start digging. This may all be circumstantial and coincidental but without Kevin coming clean it leads one to wonder...

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

So this was his job? As in, taking/earning an income from it??

Well if he doesn't have a business license, apparently an income of $750,000

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Are you certain that's her name? I wonder if anything interesting might come up if you google her full name?

I know you're trying to lead us to water here. what do you know?

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

My best guess is he will issue a few refunds to keep up the ruse. If I was a deceitful person in Kevin's shoes, I would select a few of the most vocals members here looking for a refund and issue them refunds. Those members report here they got their refund, thus creating the illusion the spigot is turned on; thus buying even more time.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Oh and Btw Kevin refund my money $4750.00

...and so it starts.

#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He said refund, not refunded. I did a double take at first on that too, with the way it's phrased.

Quoted from Xerico:

I think this is a command, not a statement.
I could be wrong, but I read it as a command to Kevin, not a statement that Kevin has refunded his money.
Marcus

Quoted from JeffF:

Yep, it got me.

Yep my mistake. Apologies.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Devilsturner, put the crack pipe down, what do you think the police can do about this? Lol this is America man, not Cuba! What do you think the cops are going to do, arrest him on your word? Give a me a freaking break.
Well I hope you jack-offs are happy (you know who you are..) you wanted to start a panic, and it looks like the feeble minded took your bait.

So there is portion of the people here that are jack-offs and another portion that are feeble minded? Wow. Be careful not to slip off the lofty perch you placed yourself on.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If the shoe fits bud....

Ain't your bud, bud.

I'm just wondering how a warning wasn't issued for a personal attack to, you know, 1/2 the posters here, bud.

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Okay, I think what I'm trying to say isn't coming across effectively...my apologies.
I'm not saying that everything is rosy, don't worry, great news is coming, etc etc etc. If you want to worry, then go for it. If you want to be super-upset about how everything is going...I understand, and support you in your endeavors. There's a lot of frustration going around, and I'm not trying to ride in here on a white horse and tell you it's all going to be awesome. Obviously, it's a dumpster fire right now. Stop pouring gasoline on it, because it isn't helping.
Bottom line is that SOME of the posts are really crossing the line...and we can't have that. Personal info being posted, people are dragging wives and family members into the mess, and there are thinly veiled threats being lobbed around. We just can't allow it...because to be honest, it's getting downright *dangerous*.
So, yeah...I'm asking for some to relax, and I'm trying to be clear about what is allowed on site. It's a very difficult situation right now, and the mods are all doing the best they can.
We do appreciate your support...
Pete

I hear what you're saying and respect the job the mods have to do. The problem is, pinside is the defacto storefront for skitb. This is Kevin's shit storm and he's leaving you guys, the pinside mod team to tend to the store while he sits back in his cone of silence. He needs to get in here and tend to his own shop. The whole thing reeks.

#3425 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were

So now he's telling you the truth? Why is he starting now?

Let's not forget, the license doubters were shouted down largely because of your backing of Kevin. This could have been brought to a head months ago. Yet here pinside is, being asked again for patience.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If he can spend the time on the phone with you, he can make an appearance here and SAY SOMETHING.

Or he could start emailing people to process refunds as he just recently promised. Based on Aaron's post, that sounds like it was just another stall tactic.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Predator was never anything I was concerned with. When things were growing increasingly tense on the Predator front, I became concerned about their effects on other projects. As I began to press for details, at the time for my own peace of mind, what came to light were what I considered guidelines for acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.
So since then, he has been engaging with parties regarding licensing and manufacturing. All of this to find the best resolution he thinks he is able to offer. I have offered support and advice based on hard numbers and the project details I have been provided. All of this, including the dramatic dark turn things have taken here, are what will be used in the final decisions on where things go from here.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I respect your reply and respect your willingness to stand in here and own what you have. Not easy for sure. Thank you for a level headed response. What you are doing for pinball is exciting. It's a shame a friend put your reputation in harms way.

Having said that, what you said about fair use is telling and alarming. Fair use implies Kevin knew portions of what he was doing wasn't covered in his license and deemed them in the fair use domain. Startling and the closest we have got to the true crux of the issue.

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Please read your posts and ask yourself if it really adds to the topic or are you just trying to keep stirring the pot. With all the extra posts being made it is difficult to even follow the real facts most of the time.

Quoted from ledge:

follow real facts? what facts. we have been presented with NONE, well none from the source we
need to hear from...

Not only that, if it wasn't for some of these posts by members asking uncomfortable questions, how long would have this charade continued. I understand physical threats are despicable and counterproductive but the general "spitballing" of ideas is what got this sham exposed. What may be a non-productive post in the eyes of some may spark an idea or thought to a post that is relevant in another. The free flowing discussion got us here.

I didn't post this as a challenge or questioning of a mod. I did it so we keep in prospective that aside from the threat posts and boob posts (ok maybe the boob posts can create inspiration. lol), each post can be important no matter how inane it appears.

#3661 4 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out what license the cabinet guy saw. I mean, he did say he would have never been involved if the game wasn't licensed. He has been absent here. Perhaps he can expound on his previous statements.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kev may be naive, but I'm sure he is not dumb enough to hand off the money he is going to need for his defense in federal court.

I think that's a very plausible reason why he's not issuing refunds.

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe he was just peacocking about PayPal for some reason

Just another lie. People were getting nervous so he said it as a way to guarantee their money was safe no matter what happened to the project. This is in the same update he said the license was fine if memory serves. Blatant, willfull deceit.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

FFS! Can we just wait to hear it from Kevin. I'm fully paid up $4750, I knew the risks, Everyone did. Sure Kevin said he had the licence (partial or otherwise) And that may or may not be true. Kevin's emails say he is working on a solution. Is he likley to be running off to Mexico with our $$$!? Give him a chance to put things right. We have nothing concrete.
Maybe Kevin IS actually in talks with a manufacturer, maybe kevin does have a guy like , if not Rodger Sharpe himself on the case
Everyone likes to speculate, and come up with accusations with NO proof. We are all in it together. The preorders screaming for their money back- claim down! Because all this shouting and treating is getting you nowhere! Those that don't have any money tied up in it should just leave it alone.
I'm all for an owners only discussion thread.
We saw this sort of thing with TBL, jpop things will get sorted one way or another.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Ted when he was calling for patience:

Quoted from Skins:

I'm curious, Ted, what is a sufficient duration to wait? You are clearly of the mindset to wait. For how long? One week? One month? One year.? How long is it acceptable for Kevin to get his sh*t into one ball? One could counter that every day he's allowed to spin the wheels is another day more money and dwindling resources are diverted from what it takes to get the ship to port. There has to be a tipping point. I understand that time isn't now for you and others. It **was** two weeks ago. What is it now? I ask not out of malice but genuine curiosity.

#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Ted bailed a long time ago, sure he got all the patience in the world with absolutely zero risk to ask people to wait.

Yeah, I just didn't want to type it again to the wait some more contingent. Pretty much rhetorical in nature any way.

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know many of you may not like me,

You're passionate. No one can fault you there. I don't think you right but you're a good egg in my book man. The pbn will be interesting to say the least.

#3741 4 years ago

Wouldn't a lawsuit be easily found online? How soon from filing does it hit the jurisdictions website. I'm assuming Fox HQ for legal matters is in CA.

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Fox can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Nope, just a judgement from future earnings. You know, in the event he hits the lottery or is willed money.

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

RobT is dead on with his analysis.

I would hope so considering his occupation. Seeing his taste in pins and cars, I would surmise, somewhat successful at it as well.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The shitty artwork and logos were enough to throw red flags up for anyone at FOX, even the janitor. If anyone at Fox saw a hint of that machine they would be like "what the F is this and what intern approved this shit?" I think this build stood out a lot more than people think.

Correct. Remember how out of proportion Arnold's shoulders were? It took pinside clamoring to get it redrawn. Looking back, it was obvious there was no licensor approving anything. Amazing all the red flags that were overlooked way back when we had no reason to doubt Kevin.

#3828 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks, I appreciate that, but this is probably a good time for a (legal) disclaimer!
This is not my area of expertise, especially the IP stuff. I have done some relatively straightforward bankruptcy stuff in the past. Also, I obviously do not know what all the facts are by a long shot, so a lot of the opinions I have are based on certain assumptions, including that there is no type of Order that is tying up the funds etc.

Yeah man I should have been clear. I know you're not dispensing legal advise. Here on pinside, you're just commenting as a layman with real world insight.

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's obviously an oversimplification, isn't it?
There was plenty of evidence to go along with what was in those emails from "some anonymous dude on the internet". Like the complete scrubbing of Predator from the Skit-B website and social media, removal of all Predator YouTube videos, Kevin's repeated failure to mention the word "Predator" in emails, and his disappearance from Pinside to name a few.

Let's not forget Aaron from fast's acknowledgment. He's hardly and anonymous dude.

#4020 4 years ago

Has anyone considered mr.x is Kevin's partner that left? What's his name?

#4166 4 years ago

Holy shit. The crook took money AFTER he was issued a cease and desist. Wow. Just wow. Someone needs jail time to think about their actions.

This thread may implode by the time I get up in the morning.

#4800 4 years ago

Neo, you're delusional. You really need to wear a respirator when you're clear coating playfields.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Yeah I read your example. You are mistaken. A company that started out legit, gets into trouble then 'fudges' the numbers to carry on working is not the same as a company starting with an out an out lie to gain investment.

You're wasting you're breath on Neo.

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

These are just some ramdom thoughts about this issue. I have been in the film and publishing business for more than
35 years.
I feel bad for anyone that may lose their money.
Does this type of thing happen all the time? Yes it does.
Was there a possibility Kevin could have gotten away with making 250 machines without Fox knowing? Yes.
Don't forget, Fox had no idea what was going on and that was after the machine was featured at various conventions
all over the country AND all over the web.
There ARE mods all over the place that have no license. They are all bought. And, yes, even the Aurich Star Trek
translite.
The starship design and image has a copyright. There are Tron mods, T2 has plenty, Elvira, etc, etc.
In film this happens all the time as well. Someone will make a Frankenstein model kit, or poster and sell it at conventions.
They didn't get permission, but went under the radar. Many times the IP owners don't do anything because it would cost much more to sue them then what they'd get.
...I am in no way excusing Kevin for what he's done. Some things he told me at the time were true. He was talking with Fox to try and make things right. He did ask Roger Sharpe for help. Too little, too late.
...the only thing Kevin has to figure out now is how to refund whatever money is left. I agree, if lawyers get involved, there might be nothing left. I think most people here would be happy getting 80% of the money back and not going through a lengthy and costly court drama.
...again, I'm just rambling over a cup of coffee. One of my friends is a copyright attorney, when he gets back from vacation, I'll run all this by him for his thoughts. Bottom line: Kevin has to get his accounting together and find out exactly how much is left to distribute. And fast. I think he should give refunds before Fox gets it.

Most of this rings hollow, Ted; considering Kevin traded your respect in this community for more "time". Even now you're defending him by saying "some things he told me at the time were true." Everything after the fact he lied in the very beginning about having a license is immaterial. The ship was never sailing true from the get go.

#5043 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh look.. the King of Pin-values has moved into real estate appraising now too.

Haha. He wears the tin foil hat, err...crown well.

#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Doesn't matter what you say is fraud. It's what you can PROVE is fraud....

Enough man. Seriously.

#5094 4 years ago

Speaking of Aaron from fast. An interesting thing he mentioned that got looked over when things went nuclear was Aaron said kevin was trying to get money back from the cabinet guy. I have my concerns about this cabinet guy too.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

That doesn't buy you any credit here man. It's your job to verify Kevin had the rights to use the ip assets. So because he talked the talk you believed him?

How about you owing him money? From an outsiders perspective, one could potentionaly draw the conclusion you were party to it and when the shit hit the fan you decided to keep money given to you for cabinets. I mean, what's kevin going to do, go to the cops, to pinside? Not that you would do that but since you're certian everything's fine and this is just conspiracy theories, I thought you might like another one.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Money and crimes need to be the only focus.

There you go. Now you're on the right scent.

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see evidence this was a scam. I've played the game. It actually exists. There are better and more profitable ways to scam people out of money than making a real pinball machine.

It wasn't a scam in the sense of building a proto to get money with no intention of building more. The fraud was he willingly took money after he was served a cease and desist notice. He knew he couldn't build them at that point. Allegedly of course...

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Mate, if I get my money back i'll get my own tits out and offer free motorboats to all.

What size cup are you?

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You continue to be as obtuse as possible.
He interjected himself into the damned issue when he came here and proclaimed loudly and professionally that he had seen the license, and he wouldn't be involved in any project that wasn't fully licensed.
He would have been way more helpful if he would have understood that his job was just to make cabinets and had not come here to do damage control for Kevin - with incorrect information.
His involvement in this certainly gave cover to Kevin to further engage in his fraud. It is irrelevant whether or not you understand this.

You're wasting your time on neo. Just let him flap his lips.

#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How much money are you sitting on as a "deposit" for cabinets and what is going to be returned to the liquidation willingly?

I asked him directly the same question. Aaron from fast made mention of him withholding money.

#5729 4 years ago

I'm just not sure what Nintendo hopes to gain by arguing the semantics of the word "scam". It comes off poorly. But hey, it's your rep. Carry on.

#5752 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I can see you're definitely a role model on Pinside.

Nope. Just able to see someone imploding. At any rate, that's all you're going to get out of me.

3 weeks later
#7447 4 years ago

He is a pathological liar. His intent of that article was to come off as incompetent and naive. The simple reason is the only other explanation would be willfull intent. His rationale is, "see I wasn't lying and trying to skirt the license. I'm so naive, I thought I had a license." What a manipulative lying scum.

1 month later
#8762 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

In addition, we are examining the requests for refunds, including "Enaud's" related to this Complaint, to determine if there is a waitlist person to take his spot and what, if any fees, will be deducted from his monies consistent with the terms

Disgusting.

Question: why hasn't Kevin had to answer that he never had the license and collected monies on a false premise. I don't see how that is getting glossed over.

#8777 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Well, my day has been an exciting day to say the least.

Great job man! Kudos.

1 month later
#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Kevin....your a joke and a disgrace to this community.

More like disgrace to humanity...

1 month later
#9474 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Unless you owe child support.

Those are considered "trust" monies. They aren't yours to begin with so withholding them is akin to theft in the courts eyes. Same goes with employee withholding taxes. Don't mess with any trust monies.

#9488 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, if you are asked out of your car I would often advise clients that you decline. If you are ordered out of you car then you are obligated to oblige the order of course, but police will make requests all the time that are not orders and just because they request something does not mean they have the right to order it.
But always obey an order whether you feel they are within their authority or not. It is often important to ask whether a request like "get out of your car" is a request or an order - and there is a legal difference. Also, once an order is given you have the right to stop answering questions.
The above is applicable in Louisiana and Texas. I do not know the laws in other states on police protocols.

Absolutly. The police know the laws and what your rights are. It's important that every citizen knows what their rights are as well. The key word to ask is if you are being detained. I attached a two part video about why you should never talk to the police. Some of it is extreme and out there but there are some interesting tidbits about your rights and the officers rights and duties. The second half being spoken by a Former LEO. And no, I'm not anti-police. I have much respect for the law abiding and upholding ones.

The second part is the part by the former LEO. Very interesting what he has to say.

Back on topic...

#9512 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Just watch this and stop playing arm-chair legal expert.
» YouTube video
Now back to Skit-B...

Not sure who you are directing that at but 2 & 4 are exactly what my post said. I have watched that video before btw.

3 weeks later
#9744 3 years ago

Did someone mention Pinrebel has a relationship to Kevin? Beyond that, I find his vocal stance in favor of selling the game coupled with him being new of the scene here perplexing. Not, however, as perplexing as the fascination with all things predator and Michigan for sale ads. Aren't Kevin And pinchili both from Michigan? I guess pinrebel can't be them since his profile lists Massachusetts.

image.jpg
image.jpg

8 months later
#10536 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I believe the burden will now shift to the creditors to prove that fraud was involved. That involves legal pleadings and hearings, and unfortunately additional legal fees that go along with it.

Agreed. The biggest burden would be trying to tie any assets sheltered in another's name to him. I'm not an attorney but I have never heard of being told not to file a claim though. That sounds counterintuitive.

#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are the deposition transcripts under seal or could they theoretically be shared?

Depositions are no joke and no fun. It would be wonderful to see him squirm. One can only hope he perjured himself in the process.

#10655 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Skit B is probably an S Corp. That income flows through to the owner, which would be Kevin. Now, if he were a C Corp, the officers are held liable for tax evasion. Either way, he loses.
Actually it is illegal for a company to keep crappy records. When dealing with the IRS, you are guilty till proven innocent.

Last I heard, he thought he was a non-profit entity. I don't believe anyone could did up any business fillings.

#10734 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

And Milton stop lying about stuff. You don't know anything.

Im not going to lie, I laughed out loud when I saw a second person call Hilton, Milton.

#10742 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What he is trying to say is.. not that Kevin 'thought he had a license' (poor wording) but that Kevin THOUGHT he was within his rights to make the game within existing constraints/agreements.
Kevin really thought he had found some path that would be legit, without actually having a licensing arrangement.

Yeah the path was the moron thought if he was a non-profit everything he did fell under fair use. There's stupid and then there's that. Monumental fucktard stupid, i.e. Kevin.

#10761 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Kevin would have had to cut a rather large check to the ramp company to make it all happen, and he never did that. Instead the only ramps that exist are the two prototype ramps that were made from a course crappy mold for low dollars.

Why is that? I wonder if that meeting was before or after Kevin's post with the bag of parts asking how many predators they could make and assembly had started. Sounds to me like he was out of money long before fox got turned onto him.

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Part of the reason could've been the unprofessional appearance that cfh described. Sometimes if you want to hire someone to do something as somewhat of a favor and they don't like you, sometimes they won't bother with you unless the deal is lucrative enough.

Not by what clay said that I quoted. He said "Kevin would have had to cut a rather large check to the ramp company to make it all happen, and he never did that." He didn't say the manufacturer balked at doing business with him. That's pretty damning imo. A critical part was never secured but he was posting about how hard assembly was. Every new detail exposes this for what it was, a house of cards.

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Have you ever bought a stock and then the company goes belly up and you lose your

LOL. Umm, No. A better analogy: "Have you ever bought a stock and find out they falsified earnings to get you to buy stock and then the company goes belly up and you lose your investment."

That's what Kevin did. He lied to get you to invest, i.e. Send money.

#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't know what that means, but if I'm correct, what is my compensation?

image_(resized).jpeg

#10848 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He operates and sells amusement & redemption equipment to support his family. Cash businesses are amazing.....

He can hide behind a cash business but if he has a judgement against him he can never use that hidden cash to procure assets that could be recoverable.

3 months later
#11815 2 years ago

Line 32; here perjured himself in depositions. He's screwed. Nothing is certain but I would be very surprised if the bankruptcy judge doesn't concer with the plaintiff.

#11845 2 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I didn't need Kevin to BUY it for me.

Need to and actually did are very different.

So, you're saying you:

A) Never received money from skitb in consideration of services rendered for the predator pinball machine production.

Or

B) Recieved money from skitb for services rendered for the predator pinball machine production in which skitb received equaling goods in return from "the cabinet guy".

Or

C) Recieved money from skitb for services rendered and or capital outlay for the predator pinball machine production in which skitb received some or all equaling goods in return from "the cabinet guy".

3 months later
#12824 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just to clarify for the benefit of others in case they misread your meaning, you received feedback from two mods this morning (fairly quickly) in that mod feedback thread, so you did get a response (just not from Robin). Robin reads all the feedback threads, he does not always elect to participate in them when he agrees with the feedback we've already provided.
Everyone has the right at any time to PM Robin. Robin loves chatting with the members and receiving feedback on how they feel the experience this site provides could be improved. If someone thinks one or more of the mods suck, then by all means they should let robin know why and provide the basis for said feelings. Robin is logical and reads everything and will hear any grievance fairly.

Dude, don't sweat it. You handle mod duties tremendously well; and no, I'm not brown nosing. I think what you were trying to tip toe around without directly saying it was you were allowing him to keep posting to see if he would incriminate/divulge/implicate others. It would be silly to silence him while he was spurting off at the mouth. It seems pretty obvious to me. What's the saying, give them enough rope...

2 weeks later
#13094 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

my lawyer is incompetent and that's why Mr. Nathenson has no documents

This is exactly what is going to go down. The asshole really thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. He fully intends to say he gave everything to the attorney and he can't get them from him. That's why he raised the question at the end. He was laying the ground work for his excuse. That judge is going to eat him alive.

I love the whole, "I'm here wanting to get this resolved." Yeah, no shit moron; only because the US Marshalls extricated your person from your home against your will.

#13099 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The entire time I was listening to the audio I was wondering if he was wearing that stupid hat.

LOL. I was doing the same thing.

1 week later
#13853 2 years ago

Her venting is just a sign that the smug facade exuded from team kulek is cracking. They thought they were smarter than the system and they are now realizing they aren't as slick is they believed they were.

#13977 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

(at least for the old and prestigious conferences like the SEC, Big 10, PAC 12...I understand the small conferences make little in the way of geographic sense - I'm looking at you Conference USA).

Rutgers and Maryland are in the big 10 so there's that.

#13981 2 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

Big 10 never made geographic sense even back in the old days. And fuck Kevin Kulek.

Other than state college being on the extreme east edge and Nebraska on the extreme west edge, the big ten is geographically clustered together. I get they added Rutgers and md to help recruiting those areas but geographically they are far from the core Midwest cluster.

IMG_1594 (resized).PNG

Enough off topic for me.

#13995 2 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

i dont want to be the advocate of the devil,
however i think it is kind of 'bad' form to display that letter with the full address of kevin kulek. it could possibly induce pitchfork mob attacks lol

Funny, I find a post like this one much more inciting of pitchfork mobs:

Quoted from DutchTommy:

what an A Hole!! i dont have a horse in this race.. but i would hunt him down if i were
.. predator style

...rather than posting a picture of a legal document that is accessible to the public. Don't you think?

#13997 2 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

hold on.. so u say that the letter that gentleman had in germany is accessible and thus free to watch to the public? if that is the case why would the court send that letter to the guy in germany in the first place if it was truly accessible for everyone to see?
doesnt make much sense to me..

Yes that's what I'm saying. They are accessible to the public. The guy from Germany got a letter because (I believe) he was a named creditor in the bankruptcy preceedings. I find it amusing that you skip past your own post that essentially alludes to vigilantly justice while having a conniption fit over the posting of Kevin's address. Im not passing judgement on either instance, I'm just pointing out the hypocracy.

4 weeks later
#14468 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow....talk about a walk down memory lane.

Yeah, he didn't pass the sniff test for a lot of back then and now it seems we were justified.

It may be a default judgement but his absence speaks volumes. It appears he must have felt his version of the facts less flattering than whatever the opposing council may have known.

#14484 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

He's not absent, he still logs in to check what's going on (his last logon was yesterday) and his last post was from 15 days ago. He hasn't posted anything related to Predator in about 6 months as far as I can see.
From a year ago:

From 5 months ago:

So if you're reading this Noah, what exactly have you done in the time between you posted that and now that has helped get people their money back?

I meant absence from his court date. This outcome isn't a surprise for many; myself included.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside