Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2629 9 years ago

Kevin is a genius, you guys just don't see it

Maybe, just maybe, he wants everyone to pull out...That would explain his bizarre behavior. Why? Because he can't afford to make a machine for $4750. He's going to lose his shirt. Let's assume safely that each machine costs $1K more to make....Kevin will lose $250,000 on this endeavor. Get everyone to back out and ask for a refund, delay as long as possible while earning interest on said money, and you perhaps cover some of the expenses to date of a few cabinets and playfields and some plastic toys.

Then when only a few die hard souls are left, you announce a re licensing, with a new manufacturer....and guess what? A new price of $8K for the beloved IP of Predator.

I dropped off the list awhile back, and of course all of the above is just wild conjecture, but think about it....it's plausible. More so, than many of the other cloak and dagger crap he's been feeding us.

#2695 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unfortunately if the money is truly all spent, legal help is not going to do anything but result in more lost money, even if you use a lawyer doing it on contingency and he recovers a percentage of the money back from Kevin, the lawyer will take a percentage and very little will get back to the buyers. For those involved, best case is that somehow Kevin figures out how to navigate through this.
To me the more interesting question is, if Kevin came back and said, "we have resolved the license (and here is the proof) and the game will be built by <insert valid manufacturer name here>, but will now cost $5995" -- what happens?

That's exactly the scenario I laid out earlier, but I expect the cost to be closer to 7 to 8K like every other game. Let's face facts...There are maybe four or five companies that could take over this project as Kevin has alluded to:

Spooky Pinball - Publicly stated they are not
Stern Pinball - Gary wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole. I think he'd let it sink and then go after the IP and release his own version
JJP Pinball - I think this is most likely...The relationship is already established. But the games are vastly different in the tooling that JJP has set up vs what Predator was. So you're likely talking a complete redesign which isn't going to sell for $4750.
PPS - They are building 8K MM's, so no way they are cutting the bill of materials in half. Plus PPS is in the same boat as they aren't even building their own machines.
Heighway Pinball - I don't know squat about this company, so that's the wildcard in my scenario.
Dutch Pinball - They're having their own licensing issues and again, their games are 8K.

So, I honestly do not see any scenario where buyers are going to receive a 4750 pinball machine with a predator license.

#2703 9 years ago

Reading between the lines, I have to wonder why all the obfuscation by Kevin. If things are unsettled like obtaining a new license, or securing a new manufacturer, or closing up shop, what's to be gained by the continued misdirections and the less than up front details. I'm pretty sure that the IP holders aren't telling Kevin, "don't say a word or the deal is off", or that his manufacturer is telling him, "don't say a word or I'm not going to make your games". I can't wrap my head around why not just be upfront with everyone and lay it out in detail, what happened from A to B, and what's going to happen to get from B to a Final game. If there is no final game, then let everyone know. It's not like there's going to be a "bank run" on refunds as it's been pretty evident, that no refunds are forthcoming.

Everyone is hoping for the best, but if you sit back and look at it objectively it just doesn't look good:

- All instances of Predator wiped

- Game is 3 years delayed

- No definitive answers from Skit-B in 6 months

- No refunds in several months

- No communication with customers asking questions

The writing I'm afraid is on the wall, but like good pinball enthusiasts many are hoping against hope. I sincerely wish those faithful holdouts are rewarded.

#2710 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Look at all those licensed, limited production toys that collectors buy.
They are not expensive, and they only produce 100 to 250 of them.

Those toy manufacturers have blanket IP licenses that allow them to produce toys over and over...One of the largest is these guys http://necaonline.com/category/licenses/movies/predator/

i'm wondering where the $25/game license fee comes from. Doing a little googling I found this http://www.harriersandheroes.ca/apps/blog/entries/show/6540948-update-to-firefly-licensing-quest
which seems to indicate that FOX IP licensing is much more than $25 per widget.

#3121 9 years ago

Occams razor? More like Schrodingers Cat....Predator is both dead and alive. Until the box is opened (Kevin speaks) we don't know.

#3745 9 years ago

It seems that some are suggesting a suit has been filed in federal court? You can access all filings here https://www.pacer.gov

#4170 8 years ago

So glad I declined moving off the wait list. Cannot imagine how frustrated those that stayed in are at this point. My sympathy to you guys.

#4210 8 years ago

Remove skit-b from pinball manufacturers...doesn't deserve that place in the sub forum. Should be banished to a special hall of shame forum.

#4225 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I’ve spoken with Kevin, and told him that as much as I wish I could help him, there’s nothing I can do, he’s created this situation and he’s the only one who can resolve it. I’ve shared everything I can already with people and the Pinball News article we have been waiting for shares the details of what I couldn't share before. I don’t have any way of getting your money back. At this point I’m severing all my business relationships with Skit-B and hoping that in the end there’s a resolution that at least salvages what’s left of the money. Good luck everyone.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

You've talked to him...I'm sure you've had conversations as to how much money is left...now is not the time for silence...why don't you enlighten us?

#4235 8 years ago

What's sickening is there's alot of people complicit in this shit storm that could have stepped up at anytime...not going to name names but it goes from pinside vouchers, partners, suppliers, fox, and even the media. What a cluster f.

#4244 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

As I sit here and finish my taxes, I can't help but wonder (err hope) if I could write this off as a donation?

No but you can write off stolen property or bad loans...both of which seem to be the case here.

#4248 8 years ago

So did kevin just outright lie to Ted and dupe him into being an unwitting shill...that's f'd up.

#4262 8 years ago

^^^^wow...just wow

When was that post made by Aaron?

#4780 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

blame who you want, but the only person you really can blame is yourself, for preordering shit in the first place. None of this would have happened if people didn't preorder. Plain and simple.

That's not fair....Kevin is culpable, not the people that chose to believe his statement of fact that he had a license for Predator and was capable of building the machine. That's like blaming the victim of a carjacking for driving in the wrong part of town at the wrong time.

#4887 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

They did tell me that Skit-B's PayPal account was shut down some time ago. That explains why we haven't been able to get refunds over the last few months.

I'm surprised they would reveal that info, but if true, that puts a whole new spin on this debacle. If Kevin closed the PP account, then Paypal isn't going to help refund anyone's money, as it would come out of Paypal, as they have no account of Kevin's to freeze or pull funds from. It also means Paypal is going to fight extra hard against any CC chargebacks, which may include them freezing or access YOUR accounts if your CC company is successful in charging them back.

Here's hoping Kevin is writing checks as we speak.

#4903 8 years ago

Dunno about the claim that Skit-B closed their PayPal account...I just ran his e-mail:

SkitB.jpgSkitB.jpg
#4911 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mentioned this earlier, but it's standard practice for PayPal to lock an account that spikes in deposits until you can prove you're shipping what you're being paid for.
My guess is all the PayPal money is sitting there, untouched. Kevin couldn't withdraw it if he wanted to. Maybe PayPal will let him refund it after the deadline has passed.

I was referring to this post:

Quoted from PinB:

It looks like the first person I spoke to at PayPal gave me a false sense of hope. After calling PayPal back again & speaking to a different Claims rep, they told me that we would need to go through police, small claims court, or another source outside of PayPal. They did tell me that Skit-B's PayPal account was shut down some time ago. That partly explains why we haven't been able to get refunds over the last few months.

I guess we need to know what 'shut down' means....does it mean deleted, or frozen?

#5588 8 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

So now the moderators have no responsibility or accountability to members here or is it just a selective responsibility applied every now and then?

They ABSOLUTELY DO NOT....This is a freaking message board....The moderator's sole purpose is to monitor content that's against forum rules (political, religious, vulgarity, harassment, et al). It's not their job to babysit grown adults and keep them from making impractical decisions. You make it sound like Pinside owes something to it's members. Last I checked, it's a free board assembled by Robin for people to talk about Pinball. Pinside doesn't owe members anything. Robin could shut it down today, and frankly, I wouldn't blame him based on some of the comments made in this thread against moderators.

#5702 8 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Dude, no point. I tried to explain my thoughts on this whole thing "NOT" being a scam but really a mismanaged project. Still yields the "victim" responses...

face-palm-star-trek.jpg

From Webster: Scam = a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

Did Kevin deceive his buyers by claiming that Predator was licensed in an attempt to receive pre-order money. Yes he did. Did he continue during the course of the project deceive his buyers and suppliers into thinking he had a license for Predator when in fact he did not? Yes he did.

SCAM....End of Story

#5720 8 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Right, and Webster continues to say that "A scam is a a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people".
How did Kevin make money if he's refunding everyone?
NO SCAM....End of drama.

Why I waste my breath, I'll never know....That is NOT what Webster's says:

Full Definition of SCAM (NOUN)

: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>

Full Definition of SCAM (VERB)

1: deceive, defraud
2: to obtain (as money) by a scam

So my goodness, he fits all three> He committed a deceptive act, he deceived and he obtained money through deception. Doesn't matter that he 'may' give some portion of the money back....He obtained money via a SCAM and he SCAMMED pinsiders into sending him money under the pretense of a licensed game.

Was Bernie Madoff a scammer? He was forced to pay restitution once he was caught. So by virtue of some people getting refunds they weren't scammed by Mr. Madoff? C'mon.....

I don't know how much clearer I can make it...So I won't.

#5881 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Absolutely! Martin needed to verify the source for himself vs. taking AG's word for it. Now that the story is out however it isn't necessary for a bunch of us to try to contact Bryce via email, phone, Linked In, etc. as that will only bring unnecessary attention to the matter. It's already a complicated matter and it will only get worse if Fox legal decides to pursue it.

I thought Martin heard the recorded phone call to Fox's lead attorney.

There's a lot of chatter about who's culpable, who fanned the flames or who has hidden agendas. I myself initially questioned why some people didn't step up sooner. But let's please not lose sight of the real issue at hand. Kevin has nearly 1 million of pinsiders money and he needs to refund it pronto. Once pinsiders have their money back we can then debate who else was at fault and what the real story was. For now though refunds are all that matter.

#5883 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ALL that matters now is refunds...and we have to wait a bit to see what happens.

Beat me to it

#5885 8 years ago

In regards to refunds I have to believe kevin is under attorney guidance at this point. If I put myself in his shoes and had the money to refund pretty sure I'd be sending out something to someone just as a show of goodwill. Unfortunately the continued silence and delay to issuing refunds even to one person tells me he either has no money (frozen) or an attorney has advised him to not issue anything yet.

Further thought...if the funds were frozen I'd be taking screen shots of the paypal balance or screen that shows frozen status. Anything to shed some light on the delay. The fact there's silence still again says to me attorney.

#5893 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and he's got to work out if people are getting total refunds or just divvied up from the monies left. And then work out the % as people have different amounts in...

About an hours worth of work in Excel. Not days.

#6242 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

I dont mean to be sarcastic at all but what happened with the Preditor machine? I was following the initial post maybe a year or two ago when the prototypes were being designed but then i didnt follow up since. Now i see all the conversation regarding money return attempts. WHAT HAPPENED????

Read back about 2000 posts....

In a nutshell, it was exposed that Kevin didn't have a license to produce Predator and the project is dead.

#6245 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No license.
The end.

Lol...I can name that tune in 3 notes: No license....end.

#6571 8 years ago

Note where this 'Kevin Kulek' is from....A bit of foreshadowing???

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kulek_kevin.html

'Pin Conning' Michigan...You can't make that up

#6621 8 years ago

This thread is beginning to remind me of the rgp days....and not in a good way.

#6820 8 years ago

She has a big nose

#7050 8 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I understand that it had to be rough watching Skit-B sell out with a waiting list while non-licensed AHM limped along for a little bit trying to sell 100 units despite people claiming they wanted original unlicensed games. And surely it hurt that it didnt get much recognition even when it was the first boutique game made and delivered. It had to feel good that interest in AMH rose greatly after Predator was a dead project and (to my understanding) AMH has now sold out. And I honestly have no clue what, if any, kind of relationship/communication/drama there was between Skit-B and Benheck/AMH.
But the constant bashing and blatant piling-on of how awful the Predator game was by you since the project failed has rubbed me the wrong way as completely unprofessional. It reeks of a bitter rival gloating that the competition failed and rubbing it in the faces of buyers to prove that they backed the wrong machine. After months of worry, heartache, money loss, and anger, it just seems the last thing we need is a revered member of the pinball community and talented pinball designer pointing at us and calling us stupid for ever wanting a

If I did have the money (which of course I do not) I wouldnt be sending it to your pockets now. I'm not saying that AMH is bad, by any means, just that your business etiquette has jaded me in regards to it. Just my honest opinion, which of course means nothing, and I do respect you and what you have accomplished. Congratulations on getting it produced, delivered, and having everything lined up to continue your business for more games to come.

Always respected your position as moderator and the job you do, but this particular post reeks of personal investment in the Predator pinball, and now you're a bit butt hurt that it failed. I'm not saying your wrong for your opinion, but if you wanted to chastise a pin manufacturer you should have probably done it via PM and not let your position as moderator be clouded by your position as a pre-order participant in Predator. Spooky Pinball is a sponsored manufacturer of this forum, in the sense it has its own sub forum, so as a moderator, a bit over the top to say you'll boycott his company. As a moderator, it's not really possible to take off the moderator hat and put on the pinball enthusiast hat in threads like this. You have to wear one or the other but not both. Same for Ben...It's not really possible to switch hats from Manufacturer to Pin enthusiast without ruffling feathers.

#7297 8 years ago

There's a whole lot of personal entitlement being thrown around in this thread. The only person that owed anyone anything was Kevin Kulek. Not the AG....Not Martin....Not Fox. I'm guessing there's a generational difference here that influences one's mindset. There's the group that grew up with everyone gets a trophy and there's the group that learned only those that put in the work get rewarded.

Bottom line, anyone here had the same opportunity to contact Fox and find out about the IP just like the AG did. Those guys did not put on some superhero suit to fight crime. They got off their ass, picked up the phone, and made a phone call. Same thing anyone else could have done to protect their interests. Don't be butthurt now and deflect blame to anyone but Kevin because you didn't do your own due diligence. The writing was on the wall a loooonnnng time...the clues were there.

And for the record I am not part of the AG and have no idea who any of them are...and don't care.

#7596 8 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Paypal facilitated an illegal activity.

Unknowingly...It's not like Paypal was in cahoots with Kevin and had intent to commit fraud. If you claim Paypal facilitated an illegal activity, then every buyer of Predator also facilitated an illegal activity. Does Dick's sporting goods facilitate an illegal activity when they sell a ski-mask to a bank robber? Nope. It's wishful thinking to be blaming Paypal in this manner.

#7597 8 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

First Paypal froze the account (possibly because of a preorder policy violation)
Then Paypal allowed my money to be deposited into that frozen account
Paypal is the one that issued the red flags on the account
Paypal has the duty (in all circumstances) to take care of me - I'm their customer
They don't have the right to be suspicious, take action and then keep the money.

Your whole house of cards is based on alot of unknown assumptions. We don't know at this point what paypal did or didn't do. All we know is that they are denying refunds due to their policy of expiration. That's about it.

#7651 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have you ever seen Michigan's Assistant Attorney General?
Here is Anderson Cooper interviewing him (beyond insane):
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Just because the Assistant AG has an overt man crush on a college gay president, doesn't mean he can't do his job

#7673 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure Paypal has a ton of experience with this stuff, but shooting from the hip here, it seems that the logical thing for Paypal to do would be to take the initiative and file suit themselves.
They would file an Interpleader claim with the court. This is the process where you deposit funds with the court that you are holding for others, and there is a dispute as to whom is owed what from those funds.
Paypal would have to notify everyone who has a potential claim to those funds, which shouldn't be difficult since they know who made payments to Skit-B.
The court then decides who gets what out of the Paypal proceeds.

Here's the problem in my opinion. Kevin has proven to not be business savvy. So I'm guessing that this paypal account is not a simple holding tank for preorder money. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a great deal of co-mingling of funds..from buyers to vendors to perhaps even personal aquusitions and/or deposits. Tshirt sales, marketing costs, travel expenses....I bet it's a mess.

#7908 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If Kevin really is as delusional as he appears, his kids may actually be better off not having him around. I am sure Aaron Hernandez's kid is better off now that he is convicted.

Cmon guys....Kevin may be delusional and has a hard time with the truth but let's not compare him to a killer and let's leave his kids out of this...no kid should have to face the prospect of a parent serving time.

#7917 8 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

I doubt it. My name was on the wait list for a year and I was never asked for money.

I have a bit of history with e-mails in regards to wait list, if it helps form a picture:

8/16/13 - "but there would be about 50 people ahead of you on the waiting list"
10/21/13 - " I think there are about 35 ahead of you currently" (so in 2 months 15 dropped out)
4/18/14 - "We have a spot open on the pre-order list and you are the next on the waiting list." (so in 6 months 35 dropped out)
6/11/14 - "As a message to pre-owners who already have an assigned game number and deposit in place to hold your game, if you have yet to meet or exceed a total of $3000 USD towards your machine, this total must be achieved by no later than Saturday, June 28th in order for us to reasonably continue and get these machines built on a schedule that is acceptable for everyone." (request for 2750 more)
8/11/14 - "We have a spot open on the pre-order list and you are the next on the waiting list." (getting desperate now, as I had already dropped out...guess I was back on the list?)

#7986 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This is going to come down like a ton of bricks on Kevin. He is staring down a 20k legal retainer IMHO.

Peanuts when he's holding 800k of preorder money...if he was smart for the year he's had that money he could have earned 4% conservatively and made 32k.

#7989 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The 20k is to start. It will easily get will over 100k pretty quick.

And every year that any suit is stalled theres another 32k

#7993 8 years ago

If there's one lesson perhaps learned here, use Amex for your paypal purchases....Not only does Amex double warranties they seem to fight the hardest for their customers. Plenty of free Amex cards out there with no yearly fees. I use an instant cash back version myself.

1 week later
#8186 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There are many more actually. Some would say too many.
Iceman44
JamBurglar
Gambit3113
TktLwyer
PinLawyer
Apollyon
Dbaum88
Silver_Spinner
MTPPC
Magic_Mike

Blackbeard is also a lawyer

1 month later
#8784 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Enaud,
If you have any out of pocket expenses for going above and beyond helping the rest of us let me know. I would like to help offset any cost to you. Weather it phone bills, paper or what not.
If we ever meet up, dinner is on me.

You know...it's pinsiders like you that restore my faith in here...I took a self imposed hiatus from pinside for almost two years partially because I got tired of the pettiness and bickering...the last couple of days I've experienced the low side of pinside from a couple of people who want to argue for the sake of arguing and I was thinking it's time to step away again. But then I read your post and realize there's good people here too.

1 week later
#9080 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You still haven't answered any of the questions posed. Forget the "conveyance" of the misinformation or whatever you want to call it.
How much did you receive from SkitB? And how much of that $$$ did you use to fund your own business operations? Where did you get the funds for the new CNC setup? Come on, I know you can do it, not that hard to be honest about what really happened.

I don't understand the witch hunt here. SkitB approached a vendor and said we need 250 cabinets. Vendor says ok I need x amount of a deposit to tool up in preparation. Skit-B fails and it's the vendors fault for tooling up with funds from skitb?

#9218 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

We have been over this ad nauseum. Pinside had no direct role in this. We never said "go out and buy Predator, we fully endorse it!" or anything like that. In fact, if you were keeping tabs, several of the moderators actually were in on this and lost out as much as everybody else did. Pinside bears zero responsibility for this. We don't officially ensorse any products or vendors, never have. It is not fair, deserved, or justified to point a finger at Pinside for any part in this drama.

Noone is really blaming Pinside buy I disagree that Pinside doesn't have some tacit role in promoting manufacturers. When pinside creates a separate skitb manufacturer sub form that is an indirect endorsement that is recognizing this company as a viable supplier of boutique pinball machines. Now Noone is suggesting that pinside twisted people's arms to preorder and put their money at risk. But pinside can't absolve itself completely either as this forum was used by Kevin with pinsides permission to promote and sell predator. Even one of the moderators maintained an ongoing predator update thread.

#9221 8 years ago

Never said they were liable....reread my post. All I said is there is some indirect endorsement of a product when it's featured on your website. So there isn't 100% absolution and to think that pinside didn't have some influence on people purchasing the pin is naive...but I never said it's pinsides fault. It's not. Each person bears their own responsibility for purchasing.

#9222 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulLang76:

I think you are confusing informing with promotion. Can you refer us to posts where a moderator did actual promotion for Kevin?

Again re read my post...nowhere did I say that pinside actively promoted skitb. I said they provided a forum to allow kevin to promote the game. And that's a TACIT promotion just by inclusion.

#9227 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Wrong, for it to be a tacit promotion they would have to have a policy of discluding some people and have chosen to include Predator. The site allows threads for all pinball related items, which does not imply any sort of promotion, tacit or otherwise.

Not all threads get their own sub forum or informational thread with links to promotional videos either.

We can just agree to disagree..didn't want to sidetrack the purpose of recent posts which is to recover funds

#9231 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

That is a common fallacy of proximity.
"Pinside is a legit and respected forum. There is a Predator forum on Pinside. Predator must be legit, too."
But as in most fallacies of this kind, there is a third explanation: there were a ton of posts (literally, thousands) about Predator and it simply makes sense to categorize them in a sub-forum for easy reference and access. If you assumed the former and didn't consider the latter, and most importantly, didn't seek clarification, that's ultimately on you.
People assume stuff like this all the time. Someone happens to be seen in proximity to a celebrity, for example. "Look, here's a selfie I took at Jay-Z's private party!" They must be "somebody", right? Because how else would they get to hang with an important celebrity? Turns out he was just the guy delivering pizzas.

I would agree except skitb was declassified from its own forum after the shit hit the fan...if what you say is true they wouldn't do that. Again sorry for the diversion. Back to recovering money.

2 months later
#9437 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

worse, look at the woman down in Texas, gets pulled over for not using a turn signal when changing lanes, next thing you know she ends up in jail and then dead.
Unfortunately justice is rarely dished out appropriately.

That's a bit of hyperbole....It wasn't "next thing you know" due to injustice. She fought the officer and used drugs while in jail (3x the legal limit of pot in her system). Not saying what happened wasn't a tragedy, but it was hardly due to injustice.

#9440 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is stunning. But go through a traffic stop with an expired inspection sticker and expect to have the book thrown at you with fines and a court date.

Yep, because it's a revenue stream for the city/county, simple as that. Most law abiding citizens are working and taking care of family and don't have time to game the system, so they pay the citations and move on. The city officials count on it. If you wanted to be a perpetual pr*** you (or I) could delay, obfuscate, and generally make a citation last a year or more, but it's never worth our time or expense. Evidently, it's worth Kevin's cause he's sitting on several hundred thousand bucks of your money.

#9441 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is a legal limit for pot in Texas? That's news to me.
And pot stays in your system for a month, it is unlikely she was "using" pot in jail.

Don't know...don't keep up with the 420 laws of other states. I think the article was comparing it to Colorado or Washington limits. All I know is this was reported:

"Robert Johnson, chief toxicologist at the Tarrant County medical examiner's office in Fort Worth, Texas, told the AP that a THC level as high as Bland's suggests she "either had access to the drug in jail or she was a consistent user of the drug and her body had accumulated THC to the point that it was slowly releasing it over time."

But, Johnson added, "I have never seen a report in the literature or from any other source of residual THC that high three days after someone stops using the drug."

Beyond that I know from personal experience, Pot isn't so hard to use in jail. I unfortunately have a close family member that can attest to such.

#9466 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There is a legal limit for pot? Even if, pot is pretty much harmless. If anything. I'd think a bag of doritos would really be in danger. And maybe a big day of napping would be in order. Don't foresee that person being a threat of any kind.
I don't and never have used pot, but grew up around it. And there isn't a threat level there that would warrant violence. Now if she was on crack or something, that's a different story. Pot. nope. pot is safer than alcohol.

Yes there is a legal limit for pot in regards to DUI http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/marijuana-dui_n_4520129.html

And your generalization of pot smokers as all being laid back hippies is ridiculous. Just as there are angry drunks and mellow drunks the same holds true for effects of cannabis on different people. I know this first hand as very close relatives have suffered with pot addiction their whole life. I lost my sister to it two years ago.

As for the video, I would agree both parties were at fault. She was antagonistic from the beginning. The officer had a short fuse.

#9476 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Really? Have you ever seen someone that gets angry and violent under the influence of pot? I sure the hell didn't and had parents and friends that were no stranger to it. I havn't seen it once in 43 years. But I have seen plenty of violent and aggressive ass clowns due to alcohol consumption. Way more stupidity from alcohol than pot.

Yes I have

3 weeks later
#9615 8 years ago

No Ill wishes towards pinchili but he's in possession of a game that was built illegally with stolen intellectual property. Doesn't matter if he's once removed or 10x removed from kevin the fact is kevin profited from the sale of that game at some point. With active litigation attempting to recover assets that machine may be fair game...much like a pawn shop has to turn over stolen goods or someone having to forfeit a stole vehicle. It's a grey area for sure and I wouldn't want to be in possession of it.

#9633 8 years ago

Hope it doesn't take 10+ years of looking in the wrong place

4 months later
#10248 8 years ago

Can anyone comment on where the litigation stands in general? Haven't heard anything from the attorney here that offered his services. Are the wheels of justice still turning or has ever thing come to a halt? Obviously not looking for specifics if still ongoing just looking for some good news that there's still a possibility money is coming back and kevin is going to jail.

#10277 8 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I actually enjoyed Predators... Adrien Brody, Walton Goggins, lots of action. YMMV.

And I thought I was the only one....at least the story line was more entertaining...predator 2 with glover and Busey sucked balls....the ending was a joke.

#10284 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Damn, I was hoping to hear about jail time for Kevin but instead found a bunch of movie critics.

We aim to please

1 month later
#10460 7 years ago

Looks like alot of motions to move to district court, delays, obfuscations, yada yada. Slow wheels of justice. Might be worth it to buy the 10 page rebuttal by defendant and 3 page clarification by plaintiff....Seem's there are five of each for each defendent in each plantiff's pack so the language would be the same. About $20 worth of docs.

Either that or one of the plaintiff's can email me a copy and save me $20

#10468 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Contacted Keith - Basically it was dismissed from one court and refiled in another. It's still pending.

If you look at all the motions you can see several months of back and forth to get the case moved to district court. Any lawyers care to speculate why the defense wanted that?

2 months later
#11257 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You're a baboon.

Disguised as a chimpanzee I guess

#11332 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How many Predators are in existence that aren't "Kevin made"?

What's the definition of "IS"?

1 month later
#11751 7 years ago
#11754 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Look if you want to pose for some pics for your spouse... fine. When you release them for all the world to see expect different views.
I got a chuckle out of it when I realized it was NOT a parody. Personally I believe some people simply shouldn't wear certain things in public... and the interwebz is the ultimate "public". Where's the friggin' *dignity* these days?
And please have the "sensitivity" to respect my right to chuckle at a public image. Either that or maybe you need to find a "safe place" free from these "micro-aggression's".

Justify your insensitivity how ever you like. What you just said is that their appearance in public gives you the right to mock them. So I guess you'd have no problem doing the same to their face at say the beach? Or are you only bold when sitting behind your keyboard? This thread should be about that dumb fuck kevin. Not about innocent women that unknowingly posed for his dumb fuck wife.

#11758 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, I don't know about THAT....

Lol...I meant not knowing who they were involving themselves with.

#11765 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If they UNKNOWINGLY had these pics posted I would be appropriately outraged. But you have no idea if this is the case. Usually the photographer will ask say "oooh you look so cute! Can I post these?". Dumb customer sez "yes".
I just see this all the time recently where people immediately put ANYTHING on the internet and then get their feelings hurt. I've had to teach my kids repeatedly that ANYTHING you post can and will come back to haunt you. I've seen their friends take a pic and instantly say "let's post this" without any thinking whatsoever.
I try not to worry about my "sensitivity" on presumably agreed upon public pictures.
I do it in real life. For example I caught a cricket down in the basement last night and put him out on the deck. That's GOTTA raise me at least a bit in your judgemental view

I'm pretty sure the women didn't expect their pictures to end up on a pinball site to be made fun of. So yes unknowingly applies. You would pose with your drunk buddies doing stupid shit on your Facebook but you would probably take exception with someone lifting them and putting them somewhere else and people made fun of you. We're thick skinned enough to dismiss it but imagine your wife or kids seeing you made fun of. Or worse your kids pics lifted and people making fun of them. It's all about perspective and if we can all be a little more polite no harm in that. And yes I respect you a little more for saving that cricket

#11767 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Found a cricket in my house the other day and body shamed the shit out of it; fat whore.

New keyboard time...prick

3 months later
#12038 7 years ago

Catching up and it's sad that it's dragging on for so long...but not surprised. So I have a question for the legal experts. If no court will uphold a civil warrant and only the irs has the power to attack bank accounts what keeps Kevin from claiming no income so no wages to garnish and for him to just avoid court altogether? Seems he can avoid prosecution indefinitely hoping the pursuers run out of patience and money. Sucks...

1 month later
#12269 7 years ago

What a slap in the face.

#12363 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They had a hand in losing any chance the pin would be completed and delivered, certainly. There's no doubt about that because Fox knew nothing about the project until anonymous dropped the dime.

McDonald's makes you fat and clogs your arteries. Thought I'd get that out there before you blame us for not letting you know the obvious.

#12403 7 years ago

Plenty of wrong to go around from the past. Let's focus now on righting the biggest one, and that's making KK pay....whether personally or financially, preferably both.

#12581 7 years ago

Wonder what part he plays...public records show he's a resident of Michigan and once lived in pinconning with Kevin.

#12718 7 years ago

This thread never ceases to amaze me.

#12759 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

There is no chance IP claims can be brought into the concern of the machines that were bought by a third party. The infringement was not committed by the purchaser it was committed by the seller. Even that can be argued, since the purchaser has stated that the items were bought for educational use, which is indeed fair use (if he was ever challenged).
The item is not being marketed or reproduced, and is not a counterfeit of an official offering. No harm to the IP can be shown.
If the machines were still property of skitb, then they could be seized and destroyed, and that's ONLY because they would be offered up for sale as part of the bankruptcy proceedings.

Then it sounds like it comes down to what was said in the deposition and/or what can be proved. On the one hand, Keith in his filing of doc #37 says Kevin still owns Predator and it is on loan to Tim. On the other hand, we have Tim here that says he can prove he paid for it from a party once removed from Kevin. That will ultimately be a decision by the court I suppose, unless Tim decides to voluntarily return the pin to the trustee of Kevin's bankruptcy proceedings.

I'm no lawyer, but that's what I glean from all the conversations.

Lastly, I know emotions are raw on this subject, and alot of people were burnt in this process. I have my own opinion of Tim's actions (not the man, never met him), but I'm with the earlier Mod posting....let's hear him out. Whether truth's, half-truth's, middle truth's or outright lies, any information that can be added to this might lead to new avenues in the prosecution of Kevin. From lies being dispelled to new truth's clarifying the situation.

#12762 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

or... Tim could actually cooperate and provide all the info on the party he claims to have bought it from.
I do like that his 'evidence' of purchase is a bank withdrawal. Keep in mind the date of purchase already changed from his deposition and anyone of us that buys games can show you a cash withdrawal on a specific date in a 3-6 month period. The courts wont look kindly on someone that is changing his story, the story is in opposition to others depositions, and he is still in possession of the 1 game currently proven to exist. Guessing the judge also wont take kindly to his flaunting of it on social media and his character is already well established with his more that 5 accounts and bait and switch tactics on here.

Well if he actually wanted to provide some facts, then sure... but those should have been provided under deposition. Is the new precedent that you are allowed to have multiple accounts if you have a fun story to tell? I can understand your sick curiosity (hell i wonder what stupid thing he is going to claim next) but this flys directly in the opposition to the ToS and Pinsides previous stance. I personally dont think it is a positive to let someone continually make duplicate accounts, hide behind them for months telling lies, and then pop out once they are uncovered and make up more stories. If the guy really wanted to cooperate he would have done so under deposition and provided real facts. Tiger >> What sort of actual evidence would you ask for to corroborate Tim's new story? Now ask yourself why that evidence has never been provided and the guy suddenly reappears once the Pacer notes get posted.

Pointed question to you Hilton. Have you personally read the depositions? Not what you've been told or surmised or heard through the grapevine. But have you been personally privy to the Depositions?

#12770 7 years ago

I'm lucky to remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday....I couldn't tell you when or how I bought any machines person to person. All cash deals...I usually keep a slush fund of cash on person that's increased through sales and decreased through purchases. So hopefully I'll never have to testify when I bought something or prove I did. Might give me pause on documenting that in the future.

#12778 7 years ago

Or weigh more than a duck?

#12870 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Question, as I can't remember, was there ever a point before the collapse where Kevin tried to work out a last minute deal with Fox?

There was a third party...highway I believe that attempted to negotiate a license on behalf of kevin but at that point the damage was done and it went nowhere. That's my best recollection.

#12902 7 years ago

It's been repeatedly inferred here that Stern was indeed part of the group.

1 week later
#13111 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Curious why Kevin did not have legal representation with him?

Would you want to represent him?

#13220 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Was he a member of the LLC?

LMAO....LLC. That's some funny shit right there. Kevin could hardly spell LLC, much less form one. There is no Skit-B corporation.

#13466 7 years ago

What I see is that the Contempt order was continued (delayed) until February 17 at which time a status conference will occur. Looks like more delays to me.

#13556 7 years ago

All I can say is....wow

#13557 7 years ago

Btw....did KK buy anything at the winston salem auction or sell anything? I'm sure Auction Game Sales keeps records and we know when he was there.

#13563 7 years ago

Did I mishear when Keith asked Kevin if he had taken his name off the deed to the house and Kevin responded that was a colorful allegation...at which time the Judge asked well is it true? And Kevin replied yes. He has to be a sociopath to switch lies instantaneously like that.

#13669 7 years ago

So if we summarize revelations in the hearing:

- kevin took in 500k but has no records of expenses
- kevin has no money but spent 4800 on copies of bank statements
- kevin admitted to buying 5 laptops for $80 each but it was an Internet sale and has no receipt
- kevin denies that he bought his mom an RV
- kevin admits he signed house over to his wife
- kevin denies running a route
- kevin probably sold or traded pinball games to Mike M but doesn't remember specifics
- kevin has predator inventory in a trailer at his wife's house
- kevin held a delivery job that was seasonal delivering weed around xmas
- kevin is good at computers
- kevin submitted paragraph 24 for his dangerous games pin but not the rest of the contract
- kevin likes pizza
- kevin has printouts of us miscreants who are making his life miserable
- kevins personal chauffeur is his mom
- kevin still owns a truck but doesn't drive it. I guess the weed bank provided a weed mobile
- Kevin has zero expenses...he lives off the land.
- Kevin doesn't remember how many bank accounts he had at wildfire credit union

I swear you cannot make this crap up

#13699 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and it would be appreciated if at this junction, nobody does that.
Let the pinheads go after the funds first. The IRS can and will step in at some point, but I see no reason to force them at this stage.

Hmm....no offense, but didn't everyone get their panties in a wad when one party went after their funds first without notifying the second party? Seems a bit of Deja Vu. Granted, there is no love lost for the IRS, and I agree with you Hilton...no need to involve them at this juncture. But if people are going to take the high ground, need to apply the rules consistently.

#13776 7 years ago

Can someone summarize who the supposed employees were?

Kathy - Mom
Amanda - Wife
Aaron - Partner?
????? - and the rest on Gilligan's Island

1 week later
#14018 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Didn't realize he asked to have the nuances explained to him! And I'm from Nunya, usa

Didn't realize Nunya was a suburb of Tuscon Arizona

#14020 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I live on the moon. Great view, but no atmosphere.

Ba dum dum...

#14064 7 years ago

Back to our regularly scheduled program

1 week later
#14290 7 years ago

Just had to shake my head at that audio...now kevin is claiming he had no employees and thus no w2 or 1099 or records of payments. His own defense attorney who was an accountant since the 60s throws him under the bus about what a lousy record keeper he was. And all those thousand dollar cash withdrawals kevin marked as miscellaneous expenses with a purpose of "unclear".

You know the Judge, Keith and the Defense attorney are smirking at each other and probably having beers afterwards laughing over how pathetic and moronic kevin is. I'm sure it's a popular topic at dinner with friends...."You won't believe this one case....this guy...."

Kevin, I know you read these posts...you've become the legend you wanted to be in pinball...only you're not jack the giant killer...youre the big oaf that falls hard.

1 week later
#14362 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Tell that to the Tron/ACDC crowd. I never would have sold it, though.
Reading back this court document from the 20th where KK talks about money, I just wonder how he planned to do this shit after having blown $200k on what, R&D? I mean Keith brings up the 1.2M, which I get, but it was likely closer to $500k. But still, it sounds like he ate up 20% of his money with four machines to show for it.
I admit I've been out of the loop for a while and have read back the thread since I left, but I know I've missed some things (like allegations that these pins are out in people's homes somewhere). I just don't get a lot of it. I guess a lot of the missing money could have gone to paying 4 people's salaries for 3 years.

The problem with the last statement is there's no business record of paying any salaries. No w2, w4 or 1099. So while he may have funneled money to individuals helping what's the chances those payments were reported by those individuals as income? In an effort to scam the system they'll all be on the hook for repaying that money to the bankruptcy trustee...as to the court it just looks like a means to safeguard I'll gotten gains. And if somehow they convince the court it's legitimate income, then uncle Sam will be coming for its share.

#14364 7 years ago

The conundrum is that it's actually in Kevins best interest to now show those payments were for contract services....that might prevent claw back of monies by the trustee. However to do so would throw those individuals under the IRS bus. I wouldn't want to be anyone remotely associated with Kevin now or in the past 4 years. I'm sure he's lost a lot of "friends".

#14366 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

What is baffling is that Kevin initiated this voluntary bankruptcy process, but refused to cooperate with it ultimately leading to his arrest, and had inadequate financial records anyway so it was bound to lead to further problems, as well as failure to discharge his debts.
Quadruple whammy? Very dumb.

He's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed...coupled with an unfounded arrogance and narcissism, he's a walking contradiction. Amazing that we (Me included) were so anxious to send money to him...hindsight 20/20 but I'm sure the signs were there. One more hatchet chop to the trust tree for me.

#14398 7 years ago

So frustrating listening to the audio...how many opportunities is this douche going to get to drag this out. We can already predict he will be a no show on the 17th. I like Keith but I think that was a tactical error not having the 2004 at the courthouse. The immediate threat of jail seems to be the only thing that motivates KK and the judge was all but begging Keith to have it at the court for that reason.

#14492 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if you're going to get particular, it's "regardless" and "moot", not "mute".

I'd love to see the court filled with a bunch of mutes. it would be all sign language and very little "one more outburst from you sir, and you'll be held in contempt!"

Wow....that won flue over you're head

#14634 7 years ago

Cmon guys....first rule of legal defense is keep your damn mouth shut. I wouldn't expect a peep from Virtuapin, especially on an open forum. They're smart for remaining silent while under legal proceedings. Now being involved with Kevin....not so smart.

3 weeks later
#14981 6 years ago

It will take a long time for the Kulek's to recover from this debacle. I can't imagine the ongoing suckitude of getting pounded from all angles. I'm not suggesting Kevin and Company aren't deserving for all the money they stole, but it's got to suck for the kids. When the parents are stressed, it's going to affect them. I don't feel sorry for Kevin and the wife, but I do feel sorry for the innocents.

#14998 6 years ago

Item 3....Ouch "There has been a breakdown of Attorney-Client Relationship...."

Translated..."We ain't been paid"

#15040 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

$25, 342.52 check, EXACT amount he took out of the business account. What a moron, you didn't think that would eventually come up in records?

That isnt the most damning. The cashiers check from Kulek's business account was for that exact amount. 28K was transferred from paypal account to the skit b account the day before the cashiers check was written. That's the paper trail...Kevin was funneling money from paypal which ONLY had deposits from predator sales into the skit b account. From there he bought a house and transferred 18k to Amanda for photographs she now says she didn't save. The stupidity is an 11. You know the Judge will be talking about this one at cocktail parties for years to come.

#15054 6 years ago

Between Bankruptcy court, the US Trust, IRS, countless business contacts and personal friends he's screwed, I would not be surprised to see them run. His dad set precedence. The Caribbean was born of piracy, so he could fit right in fleeing to a small island. Again, I can't imagine the fallout for the kids.

1 week later
#15181 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Re PayPal. If kulek accepted payments after he received the cease and desist letter from Sony, there goes his ignorance argument.

Purposefully ignorant maybe....there's a mountain of evidence he's just plain ignorant.

#15223 6 years ago

Wow...what a listen. I will say, Amanda confirmed what we all suspected...Kevin is a moron.

#15398 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Agreed, there is no doubt in my mind that the judge will eventually award all the assets, including the house, to the estate. But these two complete morons have opened themselves up to criminal charges in the process. I would have to assume on both State and Federal levels.
If and when charges are brought against them, the public defenders office will get these two clowns to defend. As the Judge told Kevin, may god have mercy on your souls.

I don't know....I got the sense the judge is looking for a way to NOT award the house to the estate but instead some monetary equivalent. He said in so many ways...he kept going back to why the house may not be valued at 130k. Why the trustee interest is not owning real estate and having to sell it.
Maybe he's playing it close but I have a feeling compassion wins here and hes looking for a way to not award the physical house to the estate. Instead some monetary equivalent.

#15477 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't forget that Scat-B could have shown any piece of paper to VP and said it was a license. It's not like VP has a licensing office to interpret a contract and follow up on it's authenticity. It's not like 20th Fox has a 24hr hotline that you call.
Same if a sign shop makes a Mustang GT sign for a dealership. The sign shop has no way of knowing if the dealership is truly licensed.

Except it didn't happen that way...Noah said later that he'd never seen the license, just believed Kevin's lies.

"I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed."

#15507 6 years ago

I like the judge, but at the same time, while he continues to err on the conservative side in all these judgments because defendants are not doing their due diligence he has to realize that this is ultimately costing the plaintiff additional dollars....On the surface I'm sure he sees it as being fair, but in the end, it's costing the very group of people that are trying to recoup money from these thieves. And even if the plaintiff receives relief from the court in the way of reimbursement, we all know, the defendants aren't going to pay.

#15512 6 years ago

Oh, BTW, shout out to pinside for Keith reading the direct quote from Paul (VP) about the licensing...Goes to show, what's posted on the internet, stays on the internet....forever.

#15513 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have to suspect in the end this is bankruptcy court, and he's there to help people out of their problems. I also suspect he doesn't hear cases like this very often.

You're right....I'm sure he's focused on the bankruptcy issues, and all the fraud and criminal actions that we clamor about, really isn't his concern. All in due time I suppose, but it's frustrating, the waiting game.

#15525 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

And here is the kicker - He provided Keith with "the location of certain items the debtor had been concealing such as Motorcycles, trailer, racing suits". His lawyer's words "concealing"!

I missed that....was that in the audio?

2 weeks later
#15766 6 years ago

In short....too stupid to know how stupid one is....fascinating

2 weeks later
#15853 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks motorcycle (or schwinn) size to me

It's not a plate...it's a wooden box sign. I have the same one on my bathroom shelf given to me by my wife.

#15855 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

so..... you own a wooden box sign that says that you love that she's your husband?

Reading comprehension fail

2 weeks later
#16174 6 years ago

Odd that the travel trailer that isn't road worthy is hooked to a truck in that picture.

#16180 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Man I expect more out of the Pinside detective agency. Zoom in on the pic. You can clearly see the bed of the pickup on the opposite side, so the pickup is facing the wrong way.

That's redneck towing....keep up.

#16187 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have to say my reasoning was everybody thought it was great on pinside - I didn't do any research - I just figured it seemed to be sanctioned here so I went with it - my error and I am paying the price in not getting my money back - it was a mistake I made and I take full responsibility for my stupidity. now you have 1 reason why somebody gave him money. the one thing I give myself credit for was not giving the full amount - also the 250 was worth the gamble - when he asked for the other money that is when I should have taken the time to check things out - but I din't and I sent it like an idiot.
thanks ed

Also you have to consider the environment. This didn't happen in the dark shadows...it was endorsed publicly by many well known individuals in the pinball world. I don't blame any of them as we all take responsibility for our own gambles in life. But it wasn't like kevin was in a trench coat down a dark alley whispering "pssst....check out this pinball". It was at legitimate shows and legitimate company's were working on it...back alley, spooky and VP to name a few.

#16519 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

You guys are brutal.
If I were in their shoes, I would have broke down long ago.
How long has this all been dragged out?
That other help fund us campaign is already down??

Hell hath no fury like a pinsider scorned

#16562 6 years ago

Lol....I had to chuckle....last reply in the Facebook comments are from Wayne Gillard calling Amanda a liar and a thief....Wayne of all people.

3 weeks later
#16890 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Wow. It's Amanda Kulek, not Kathy.

Wow....that you said "wow". Honest mistake, don't try to turn it into something it's not. We all know where you stand at this point..it's crystal clear. In your attempt to become the anti-Hilton, you're now Hilton, part deux.

#16892 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please don't rope me in with this guy. I never would root against the pinheads or be happy someone in the right got screwed. I am full of passion and while misguided at times, i am NOTHING like this guy or the friends he protects that have taken actions directly in the face of the pinball community and selfishly for themselves.

Not insinuating present day Hilton....the past where you (and to some degree we) were blind, and in the face of all, continued to harp down a path in contrast to evidence at hand. I think we all appreciate the efforts more recently that you've put towards resolving this fiasco. My point, is that some should do the same, and act positively toward getting this resolved. Not take every opportunity to passively insult the community that's been damaged.

#16916 6 years ago

I read a whole lot of blah, blah, blah in the VP motion. They seem to be arguing the merits of whether they CAN sue for defamation, not whether they SHOULD or even have a CASE to sue. My guess, is the judge won't set aside the suit, but I don't believe VP will win the suit either. It's more a PR ploy, IMHO.

2 weeks later
#16969 6 years ago

No offense to Keith, but why in the hell wouldn't EVERYTHING be sent by courier or certified mail at this point? This "I didn't get it" crap is getting old.

1 week later
#17085 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

She is an awful attorney from my perspective. I am a stickler for correct legal writing and she gets an F. Look at all this crap - occasionally? imagineable? court should see through the dust? WHAT THE ACTUAL F$%#. Did she skip her law school classes on procedure? It reads like Harry Potter. 'court must accept'...she uses that one WAY WAY too much for any but the most tolerant of judges. 'this argument is just absurd' - where the F did she learn that was a legal argument? lady, no one cares about what you think is absurd.
'one can only arch an eyebrow'
bwahahahahaahaha
this seems like a joke.
ps - still laughing, picturing Spock

I thought it was just me....her pleadings read like a sophomoric romance novel....too many fluffy superlatives. But I'm no legal expert so I just assumed it was me who thought that.

#17127 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Big mistake for Keith to come here and pander to crowd in this thread.

Yep...I like Keith, but I said this very early on...mistake to be on Pinside.

#17151 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

urban myth that by taking multiple payments under 10k means you dont have to report. Reality is that it does need to be reported and after things are done with the court case I would guess the IRS will be interested in talking with him about these transactions also?
"
What Payments Must Be Reported?
You must file Form 8300 to report cash paid to you if it is:
1.Over $10,000,
2.Received as:
1.One lump sum of over $10,000,
2.Installment payments that cause the total cash received within 1 year of the initial payment to total more than $10,000, or
3.Other previously unreportable payments that cause the total cash received within a 12-month period to total more than $10,000,
3.Received in the course of your trade or business,
4.Received from the same buyer (or agent), and
5.Received in a single transaction or in related transactions (defined later).
"

I guess noone is reading the link Wolfmarsh posted....That's ^ all fine and dandy, but consecutive checks do not constitute cash. It specifically gives examples why checks drawn on personal accounts are not considered cash. So your argument is moot. If Kevin paid Virtua, 5 checks of $9900, for goods, it was a wasted effort, because one check of $50K would still not have required form 8300. Nor does 5 checks of $9900. It's a definite distinction the IRS makes. Only coins, paper money, cashier checks, money orders and bank transfers are considered "cash". My opinion, this was a tactical error by Keith going down this avenue.

#17160 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is cash?
"2.Any transaction in which you know the payer is trying to avoid the reporting of the transaction on Form 8300"

Go back and read the sections before and after....You're incorrect in your assumption. Pay attention to the formatting...the line you quoted is under item 1. which identifies everything NOT a check.

I'll post it here to make it easy:

What Is Cash?
Cash is:

The coins and currency of the United States (and any other country), and

1. A cashier's check, bank draft, traveler's check, or money order you receive, if it has a face amount of $10,000 or less and you receive it in:

{INDENT} 1. A designated reporting transaction (defined later), or

{INDENT} 2. Any transaction in which you know the payer is trying to avoid the reporting of the transaction on Form 8300.

Cash may include a cashier's check even if it is called a “treasurer's check” or “bank check.”
Cash does not include a check drawn on an individual's personal account.

#17161 6 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

Kevin could've written a single company check for $99,000 to them, and nobody, including the IRS, would have blinked an eye.
He can write ten different $9,900 checks to them, and nobody, including the IRS, would blink an eye.
Personal or company checks, drawn on bank accounts, are not subject to the BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) reporting requirements.
The *only* reason this is any type of issue is that is shows a *misinformed* intent on their part to skirt the BSA reporting requirements. It is illegal to structure a transaction in order to circumvent the reporting requirements. However, since this transaction was not subject to the reporting requirements, there's nothing to circumvent.
They were just dumb, and it draws attention to something that could've been a non-issue. It's not illegal, there's been no laws broken, but, in my opinion only, it clearly shows that two ill-informed people conspired to circumvent a law that didn't apply to them anyway. But it begs the question that if this transaction was performed in "the normal course of business", why were they trying to keep it so "hush-hush"?

Yep....a few of us get it.

#17164 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks
who would have thunk... the IRS website and language is confusing... lol

That we can agree on!

3 weeks later
#17423 6 years ago

The internet doesn't forget....alot of inconsistencies in the various explanations. Could be out of context, could be bad memories or could be CYA. I don't think any of us casual observers know the full truth of who has what and why.

#17458 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

100%.
In the end, the trustee is interested in recovering money, not pinball parts. I'd imagine that anyone that is holding parts might be able to work a financial deal with the trustee. A playfield and some ramps aren't worth losing a bunch of people's respect, in my opinion.

You're born into this world with nothing and given a name...the way you live your life defines that name and it's the only thing that survives your death.

1 month later
#17544 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

In an interesting twist, the trustee has decided it is no longer worth their time to continue the case against Kevin's mom, as it would provide no benefit to the trustee.

What a waste of money that was for the estate....are all the billable hours going to be given back too?

#17551 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder if this is all because the trailer is ruined, so nothing there to collect.

Should not matter...a lawyer will attach latches to property involved in a civil case so that the other party cannot diminish its value. Whether intentionally or through natural causes. No I think Keith dropped the ball on this one. A 10 minute call to the seller on day 1 would have avoided all this. Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong...but on the surface one has to admit it appears a big waste of time and money.

#17561 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

Quoted from robertmee:
Should not matter...a lawyer will attach latches to property involved in a civil case so that the other party cannot diminish it's value. Whether intentionally or through natural causes. No I think Keith dropped the ball on this one. A 10 minute call to the seller on day 1 would have avoided all this. Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong...but on the surface one has to admit it appears a big waste of time and money.
4. Counsel for Trustee has obtained records regarding Defendant’s bankaccount,as well as statements from the former title-holder and the Sellers of the RV regarding the value and chain of title and amounts actually paid for the purchase to date, which have aided Counsel for Trustee in the decision.

Correct....My only point was that it's not being dropped because of lost value. It's being dropped because it had no value to begin with.

#17572 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Recently, I assume the RV value (now flooded?) was deemed to be of little value or not an asset worth the time of the trustee.

My problem with this....the trustee should have been able to determine this earlier without countless hours of deposition and multiple court appearances. The fact the trailer flooded is mostly irrelevant. She would have been on the hook still for the amount of money diverted to buy the trailer. What instead happened is that once the seller was contacted it was learned that the original value of the trailer was indeed closer to the $250 that she claimed vs the $25k that Keith claimed. That was a waste of your guys money, unless dragging her to court was worth the billable hours Keith spent pursuing this dead end.

4 months later
#17920 6 years ago

So no RV money and no House money and no Predator money. No wonder Keith disappeared. Truly disappointed that this is the best our legal system could produce for an obvious scammer. I hope Keiths payment was on a percentage of collections and not a flat or hourly fee.

6 months later
#18104 5 years ago

If that pleading is true, Keith did alot of oops's. He's not the superstar that some seemed to portray him to be.

#18109 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So is this file specifically in response to a previous decision? I'm picking up on maybe Fife went through the ringer, but came out clean because he bought the stuff second hand in "good faith". Am I understanding correctly? Then Keith appealed and this document is from Fife's perspective?

Correct...that's the general gist of it. So, who pays for Fife's legal fees if Keith's appeal fails (which by all accounts will)? The court already awarded Fife retribution, so does that come out of Keith's pocket for a frivolous suit, or does it come out of the cash pot that would normally go to the people involved in the lawsuit? Like many have said, I'm afraid that the only person getting money out of this will be Keith....Hope for everyone's sake I'm proven very wrong.

3 months later
#18195 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Here’s information on the Tim fife versus Keith case. It’s all the gory details without any spin
https://casetext.com/case/frank-v-fife-in-re-kulek

That's not the final disposition...plaintiff had 21 days to respond to defendents claims and defender had 7 days to answer the plaintiff. I'd like to know the final disposition.

3 weeks later
#18238 5 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

car,bike that is reported stolen will stay on hot list in illinois. dont matter if you bought as 2nd 3rd or any other buyer.original owner can claim ownership with title and you must return..happen to me 10 years ago.if you buy with out title almost impossible to get title direct thru illinois..title can be obtained from other state if old enough..i did this with bike and travel trailer

We had a moped stolen...gave local police the serial number. 4 years later got a call that sheriff had it 3 states away. I told them to keep it. Not about to drive 3 states to pick up a broken moped.

2 months later
#18255 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

#18262 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

Man, all the down votes for a tongue in cheek reference to Ramses in the Ten Commandments. Better use my smileys next time.

I'm not really suggesting erasing history. I'm suggesting disassociating this pinball machine as any accomplishment by KK. It burns me that he gets any credit or validation.

6 months later
#18281 4 years ago

Which means that 7k comes straight off the top of anything recovered from kulek, so nothing out of pocket for Keith, I assume? Or is that penalty barred from consideration as normal attorney fees?

#18288 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This was a 28 U.S.C. 1927 claim:
"Any attorney or other person admitted to conduct cases in any court of the United States or any Territory thereof who so multiplies the proceedings in any case unreasonably and vexatiously may be required by the court to satisfy personally the excess costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred because of such conduct.". And the court order says the judgment is against "plaintiff's lawyer." So it sounds like Keith would have to pay this one personally, not bill it to the bankruptcy estate.

Interesting

#18292 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So does this put a wet blanket on his civil suit ambitions.. or just make him even more vengeful?
The KK pond is clearly dry. Wife is flooded... Mom is dirt poor.. friends have all scurried away.. KK lives UTR enough to not have anything in his name worthy of chasing.
Guess we should pull up the bankruptcy case and see it's running state. I'm not aware of any other adversarial cases out there? Is that current?

Still amazes me that in the course of a year, that idiot blew through 500k with zero to show for it.

1 week later
#18297 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This is not a Skit-B bash thread.

Lol....the last 4 years has been nothing but...and deserved.

1 year later
#18426 3 years ago

Yes, Indeed

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Yeah, wasn’t there some quote from him that he wouldn’t touch the project unless it was 100% legit.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#18432 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

In his defense, he did explain that he was duped by Kevin and truly believed that the license was legit. Take that for what you will, but Paul has never really been a bad guy (except for a while in this thread) and continues to operate a well loved and legitimate business to this day.

I never thought he was purposely lying for Kevin. But I do think he should have done better due diligence before coming on a public forum and putting the weight of his business behind a project collecting pre order money. Hopefully he has learned.

5 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.