Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbycsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

She also had one of the better nose jobs in Hollywood.
She had a real pig nose in Career Opportunities

8KRt7EH.gif

2 weeks later
#3595 4 years ago

so I take it he's not going to be at the Michigan Pinball Expo.

#4184 4 years ago

"we've always had something of a ‘punk rock’ approach to pinball which has inadvertently defined us from the beginning. We never meant to be the ‘punk rockers’ of pinball, it just sort of happened that way because we were always just simple pinball guys at fun pinball gatherings. In hindsight, we should have just kept that going and worked with it through the end. So here we go, as loud and clear as I can: I am not a manufacturer, I am a pinball designer. I am not a business man, I am a life-long pinhead and over-dedicated arcade rat."

I feel awful for those who have money invested in this fool. I'm pretty sure he had it in his head to try and grind these games out and that Fox would just ignore it.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

"Mr. X" just emailed me. He said that since Pinball News had gone live, so would he. Included this link in his email. I am working at the moment in a night club and have not had time to read.
http://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/

Yup after reading this my hunch is right. He was planning on building almost a million dollars worth of machines and hope to that FOX would never catch on.

Sorry guys, I'm sick and I have no "skin" involved. I'm used to these sort of things coming from the online poker world. I've seen scams and misdealings in the past four years go on for millions, and sadly most people don't get their money back and the scammer gets very little punishment. Hopefully the community uses this as a lesson about investing in start up. The preorder model from a boutique is pretty much dead.

Hope there is a way for a name to come along and salvage this project and get back some of your money.

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I just can't get over the fact. He seriously thought once he had them built and shipped, this could never go back retroactively on them? Like someone from Fox wouldn't see one at a bar, see skit-b plastered on the side, done a quick google search that led him to Pinside, where some company sold Predator and is now making other games, and not sue the shit out of them!?
Geez

From reading the pinball news and blog post I have no doubt he had all intention of trying to build these things under the radar. It will be curious to see how courts would rule in the matter. Did he commit fraud or did everyone commit money to an idiot "business" man who ran his company into the ground. I think he full intended to build them, but the business practice of building a machine without a license was pretty idiotic. The only thing I'm sure of is the only people who will be seeing any money from Predator pinball is the lawyers.

#4371 4 years ago

If I was a betting man, the only people who I see getting any money out of this is the lawyers. I know it won't get anyone there money back, but I hope its Fox that gets him the hardest.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really, honestly think he meant to build them for everyone. I mean, if this was a scam it was a piss poor way to run one.
But still, there's zero excuse. There's no "but he seemed like one of us and a nice guy!". Maybe he was naive, maybe he really did talk to Fox and thought he was set.
But when you get a cease and desist it's obvious shit isn't cool anymore. And from that moment on the lies and fraud and bullshit start. And there's no "innocent Kevin" after that. He lied, LIED, to everyone. Even the people working with him who could get burned by that shit. No excuse.

100% agree with you, he is not innocent. He's a moron, plain and simple. Going from the blog post, I believe in his mind he thought he could build a bunch of machines and that the whole Fox thing would blow over. Judging by the "punk" rock statement in the blog, i believe that was his intent. Build a bunch of machines and stick it to the man.

He's a moron, someone who was way over his head who thought he could build these things under the radar. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if come this Monday he still has it in his head to make that he's still going to make them, he's a moron. As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

1 month later
#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Holy cow, that is a lot. Seems like it is proportionately more than it should be? I guess professions where you tend to make a little more $$ than others is expected when collecting expensive toys.

Lawyers make up about 5% of those who buy NIB pinball machines, while the other 95% are engineers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 179.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbycsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside