Topic Stats

• 18,295 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by greenhornet
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,543 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redman822.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16942 2 years ago

Wow - it took weeks, but I have finally have read all of this thread - I knew this whole thing was a mess, but now I realize it's not a mess but, rather, a massive CF on so many levels. Crap like this makes it hard for any other potential 'start-up' to get traction, unfortunately.

#16962 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Just so everyone is clear, she's a mom.

She's a real mutha'___

That's for sure...

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So her defense is, I shouldn't have to pay back money for an asset acquired fraudulently because I lost the asset I acquired fraudulently?

Exactly, just because it was damaged/destroyed in the flood, doesn't mean that she is off the hook for the monies spent on it that was given to her fraudulently.

#16977 2 years ago
#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sad as it is, she is likely the best parent of the 3 of them.

Debatable...she raised and gave such a high moral background (sarcasm) to the one who started all this sh*t-fest in the first place...

2 weeks later
#17103 2 years ago

I can see both sides, but I have a feeling that the judge will agree with a summary judgement against VirtuaPin's allegation.

Keith argued that the statements about business dealings and cross marketing done by VirtuaPin (Maletich stating that games were going to be completed) were not libelous and part of the court proceedings and within the purview of the case. Keith stated that the comments were germane to the case and not like he was making random statements (such as a person liked to rob banks in their free time).

Maletich's attorney claimed that, due to this case and comments by the trustee and Keith have irreparably harmed VirtuaPin and business is down as a result. (Although, some may argue that virtuapin's business may have started to wane before this whole thing.)

The judge even stated that in the day and age of the internet filings can make their way online and that case law has not kept up with technology in that fact. Filings before were public but it took more effort to disseminate them, but now they make it online quickly. Although, he stated that Keith's filing was too long and "...could have only done the first five paragraphs or so, and the last couple to wrap it up, and a default judgement would have been entered because you had everything you needed..."

1 week later
#17200 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Saw that there was 19 new posts and thought there was a new audio posted...no such luck.....oh well, hopefully soon....

It seems that we are all losing our minds now, this has taken so long....

#17275 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

info on where any of the parts to build 10 Predator games went.

Interesting that you keep (only) focusing on the first 10, Hilton - is it that you were in the first ten in line and want to get your hands on it and "too bad so sad" for buyer #11 and onward, since obviously there's not going to be much, if any recoverable money from Kevin/SKitB?

I mean, I get it, this whole situation sucks, and I'd be pissed as heck about it, but I am not sure I'd ever plunk so much money down ahead of seeing any actual product being produced from a start-up company. Heck, I am loathe to drop even $75 on some Kickstarter campaigns for things I really like...I am still waiting for product from two different Kickstarter based products for over two years while knowing inside that it'll never happen. I equate that to this, but granted, a lot more money is on the line per person, and total, here.

Note: I have no horse in this race, I am just sitting back and watching (and eating popcorn)

stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif (resized).jpg

1 week later
#17372 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

While you may be correct that all the parts are subject in this case, as you stated "at all costs". Who do you think pays those "costs"? Say the plaintiffs do get the money from PayPal, then they will give that money to the lawyers for tracking down all those parts. At some point, you have to know when to let something go that's not worth the "cost" to retrieve.

I agree, it is generally referred to as "the law of diminishing returns"

As to 'auctioning off' the playfield with FOX's IP that they do not approve, FOX would probably deny that action and either claim ownership, seek destruction, and not allow it to be sold.

#17398 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I did, it was literally less than a month later.

What are you talking about? The first "Clay quote" that SirScott was from June 10, 2016 ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/216#post-3194754 ) the second quote was from yesterday, Sept. 18, 2017. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/347#post-3972835 )

#17402 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Absolutely incorrect. I'm going on his own words. I've attached it so this whole "a lot can happen in a year" can be settled once and for all. 4 weeks later he went from never being able to see it to having seen it and having pictures. Lots of motivation and interest for a guy with nothing to do with it, seemingly.

OK, That makes more sense seeing that, I cannot say I have dissected anyone's posts here, I just go by what has been summarized and I went by what SirScott posted.

That being said, who knows what occurred in those four weeks - perhaps Tim reached out to Clay after the first post?

I could say in a post, "Hey I know 'Pinballer X' is 10 miles from me, but I don't know him at all and I have no access to his machines." That would be entirely accurate, but 'Pinballer X' might say, "Hey, George seems like a nice guy, he's local, maybe I'll reach out to him to meet up." That could only take hours to occur...

Just saying...

1 month later
#17525 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t *think* that's actually what happened. Just said she needed to get out of Michigan before Halloween?

Exact quote from the August 3 court date at the 28:30 mark... https://soundcloud.com/user-7602410/1ap2017-02000-20170803-150509

Mama K: What if I want to go to California for the winter and and where it's going to be much easier for me.
Judge: MmmHm.
MK: To try to get on top of this
J: Well I guess what my question is winter for you? Um ah.
MK: Winter to me would be before Halloween and then to return before Mother's Day. To me that's that's, I'm just not a big Halloween fan, so I like to be out of here before then. I mean I can hang around, but it's going to be pretty tough, and I have not even completely made that decision yet.
J: Right, uh, Mr. Nathanson would you be ready to try the case before Halloween?
Keith Nathanson: Uhhh, I suppose that could be possible, your honor. There isn't significant amounts of discovery that has to be done, so I think that if my office gets on top of it relatively quickly we could do that.
J: Do we have a trial date we could give them before October?
Clerk: (garbled)
J: What dates are you thinking about?
Clerk: Well the 27th and the 30th are (garbled)
J: What do you think about that, My Nathanson, you have a case before Frank vs. Pinfield Wells, could we trade out that case for Ms. Kulek's case and get her on her way to California before the snow flies?
KN: Uhhh, we could do that, your honor, I have no problem with that.
J: Does that date work for you Ma'am? That would be, what, October 27th?
Clerk: Either the 27th or the 30th, he has a trial set both days. (garbled) Yeah, that's a two day trial the 27th and the 30th.
KN: Your honor, realistically, that's, uh, the Pinfield Wells matter is less than a day, that trial. It's probably two witnesses, maybe three, so it's probably not a two day trial.
J: So We could probably do both, is what you are saying. Ma'am you pick. Octobet 27th, which is a Friday, or October 30th which I believe is a Monday.
MK: Uhh, let's go with the Friday.
J: Friday, the 27th?
MK: Here?
J: Yes.
MK: OK
J: October 27th, then. (pause) That way, Ma'am you can get on your way, hopefully.
MK: I hope I can actually pull that off, I don't know if I can, but I am certainly going to try.
J: Well, here's the thing is, if you can't do that, let us know as soon as you can, so that we can re-do things, but frankly, given your health issues, um, we either do it before you go to California or we do it after you come back from California, I might push you back on coming from California earlier than Mother's Day, because you know, Michigan in April is delightful.
MK: It is, I know, I'm a sucker fisherman, I do like the month of April.
J: Well, there you go. You might do it then. But I think that Mr. Nathanson would rather get this resolved or settled or tried sooner versus later, so that's why I am pushing this ahead a little bit. I think I've covered everything. Mr. Nathanson, what I'm going to ask you to do is if you would submit that Rule 26 conference report that you talked about, I'll take a look at it, and then Ma'am, I'm going to issue a separate document that will incorporate some of what Mr. Nathanson has talked about because we all agree that those are good dates, but them I am going to set that trial date for October 27th at um, probably going to start at 10 o'clock?
Clerk: (garbled)
J: 10 o'clock is that a good time for you, Mr. Nathanson?
KN: That would be fine, your honor.
J: 10 o'clock. So that would ah, look for that to come in the mail probably in about a week.
MK: OK.
J: Alright, I have got some things ahead of this case, uh, and then um, if you don't get that by the end of next week, give either Ms. Erickson or Ms. Skillman a call.
MK: I will.
J: And find out what's going on, maybe it just got delayed. But, uh, once you have that in your hands, and Mr. Nathanson, why don't you get that submitted in the next day or two, I will work off of that. OK?
KN: I will do that, actually, as soon as we finish this hearing, your honor. Would the court prefer that I upload it as a regular document on ECF or that I submit it to the court under the, uh, proposed orders section?
J: Just file it under the regular docket system, and then I'll do an order from that, Mr. Nathanson.
KN: OK, your honor, I will do that.
J: Very good and have a good day.
KN: Thank you, your Honor, as well.
J: Good bye.
Clerk: The court is in recess (Recording ends)

#17530 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Please say you were able to copy and paste this as opposed to typing this out...

Nope, I typed it out...while trying not to laugh while doing it during a lull at work...I'm a pretty good typist and it only took about 15 minutes before I went to pick up my lunch.

#17531 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

MK: It is, I know, I'm a sucker fisherman, I do like the month of April.

This is the quote that had me nearly drying of laughter, thinking, "So is your son..."

Quoted from redman822:

J: Well, here's the thing is, if you can't do that, let us know as soon as you can, so that we can re-do things

Nothing like giving her a huge open door to blow it off... but then this occurred so at least she (in theory) doesn't have an 'out' to blame the post office (again)...

Quoted from redman822:

J: Alright, I have got some things ahead of this case, uh, and then um, if you don't get that by the end of next week, give either Ms. Erickson or Ms. Skillman a call.
MK: I will.
J: And find out what's going on, maybe it just got delayed.

#17558 1 year ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Can't they garner her wages, social security, unemployment, or whatever money she's getting? He needs to revenue stream to eat and pay bills

And also to get to California to get away from Michigan winters and Halloween.

#17581 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

I've heard Mama K talk, based on that I don't want to hear her sing.

10 months later
#18087 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Ummm... not sure if you're setting this up or just haven't seen it already.

I will now have that as nightmares...

2 weeks later
#18103 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. It looks like on pg 22, that Keith did an 'oops'. Though, I may be misreading.

Yes - reading files that are clearly marked as attorney-client confidential is a big no-no.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redman822.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside