Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How can they hide from refund requests? That's just bad business.

Welcome to "Guy in a Garage" boutique pinball!

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But what's their logic? The person will forget if we stall?

Logic!? In pinball manufacturing!?!?!?

Quoted from Jvspin:

Doubt communication would make much of a difference at this point.

Have to disagree with you there. Writing a quick post takes a few seconds out of the day and would go VERY FAR. You can't just take tons of money from people and vanish without expecting repercussions.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Unfortunately they will just pick it all apart and spin it for their own liking

There's no spin - the "update" basically just acknowledged that he's alive and behind schedule. The fact that the word "Predator" is never mentioned does nothing but fan the flames of speculation that it's not an officially licensed product. You have to admit - it's really really friggin' ODD that the game cannot be mentioned & its existence has been scrubbed from the website.....but hey, if the builds the games for the buyers, that's all that matters. It might just end up being a "homebrew Predator bootleg pinball"...if it gets built, plays well, and makes the 250 Predator pinball fans happy & Kevin doesn't get in legal trouble, it's all good.

2 months later
#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry Jared *snipped*

I kinda skimmed this thread but man, what another cluster-F in the jolly ol' land of pinball. I gotta say - I don't get why you're aiming your vitriol at Jared, or anyone for that matter who isn't Skit-B.

It's as simple as this:

-Skit-B said they'd make Predator pinball in 2012
-Skit-B took your money.
-It's 2015 & Predator pinball hasn't been made.
-Communication from Skit-B is terrible and does nothing but cause people to speculate and come up with their own conclusions based on the information available.

No one is to blame here except Skit-B. They're the one with the company making a licensed product. If it's f*cked, it's no one's fault but theirs. As a paying customer, aim your anger their way.

1 week later
#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Actually, the last 35 pages or so of this thread have been one big negative posting,

....and all Kevin has to do is SAY SOMETHING!!!!! Something here, something directly to the buyers....He knows everyone who's trusted him is suffering - yet he stays silent. Any shitstorm of negative posts are DIRECTLY HIS FAULT.

Takes 2 seconds to write a post or an email (that makes sense).

This lesson has been obvious for years now - silence gains new pinball 'companies' NOTHING but a destroyed reputation, unhappy customers, and the likelyhood that they'll never make more than one title (if they can even do that).

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ready for the "check out my ribs" look to fade away. You don't have to starve yourself to be sexy.

You're the skinniest mofo I know! EAT A SAMMICH and get sexy for us, Aurich!!!!

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I didn't expect an update by today. If they don't come out with one by the end of the week that will be bad...

The fact that this thread has been able to go on and on and on and on & Kevin can't be bothered to address it so it stops spiraling out of control....shit's already bad. So glad I bailed on Pr*d*t*r when they called me for money. Kevin needs to realize reputation isn't game specific - this whole situation with his silent approach has already destroyed any future Skit-B Pinball might have had. Based on how this whole Pr*d*t*r thing has gone down, I'd never buy a game from them...and I know I'm not the only one.

#2642 4 years ago

I'm just gonna say it.

This game never comes out.

Jpop's games never come out.

All eyes on Spooky, Multimorphic, Dutch & Heighway. Hope some little guys can pull it off AND stick around. A few maniacs in this fickle business threaten to destroy everyone else.

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why is anyone even excited for this pin? The theme is AMAZING but the game is just so BLAH. When Kevin first revealed, nobody had anything more down than $250, right? After seeing this pin, why did anyone say, "Yeah, I have to have it!"
Everyone's chasing the next TRON LE, Big Bang Bar with these limited run games. Not gonna happen again guys. That ship has sailed.

You nailed it.

-Theme
-Rarity

It was ABSOLUTELY the BBB/TronLE mentality. Shit - that's why I jumped on inititally...I don't even like the theme, but I was like "eh, if I get sick of it I'd could probably sell it and at least break even or make a few bucks". At the time the game was announced, that was the reality of pinball. Limited = SURE THING from a financial standpoint. Now the ship has sailed -but it's too late for those who put the money down, unfortunately.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I bet if we took a poll of people who thought Skit B is doing this theme justice, 95% of people would agree with me. Come on man, are you blind? It's 2015! A pinball machine with no Toys, no magnets, nothing innovative at all!!! Well a weird guy handing from nowhere and a painted skull, that's it. Oh and black lights that don't work. I'm sorry, this license deserves more. You disagree?

To be fair - the simplicity of the is what made it seem like it could get done by a small upstart. Simple design + good license + good code + "low" price can = a good game...like a Stern Pro like Iron Man or Tron. I think most who bought into it understood it wouldn't be a Williams game...but something cool by a "fan" who knew how to actually build a game.

Quoted from kaneda:

Well and that mentality is now crushing the JPOP buyers. Literally, that 17K in the stock market over the last 4 years would have kicked back 50K by now with almost any quality stock.

Again to be fair to Skit-B ...at least there was a GAME. I think most were able to see what Predator was before committing to it. No one EVER knew what Jpop's games were going to be, who was programming them, who would build them....that was a true leap of faith for those who went for it.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are issues with the liscence

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh shit. watch out everyone the spelling police has done shown up.

I just think it's interesting when someone has been kind enough to take the time to correct you, yet you still choose to do the wrong thing.

A "thank you" to Jayhawkai would be nice. Complimentary educational tips are absolutely unappreciated these days.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is better than gold pecker gandolf over priced version of LOTR, that is for sure.

LOL....Predator better than LOTR!?

The delusions are strong with this one.

#2904 4 years ago

There's really only one thing that needs to happen at this point.

Stand back guys....

K
E
V
I
N
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Enough with the silent hermit act. You owe your customers and the pinball community an explanation! You must become part of this dialog. It will never right itself and your reputation will continue to spiral out of control unless you GET OVER HERE AND TALK!!!!!!!!

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He's not coming back here. maybe never.

If he doesn't come back here, then he's officially a piece of crap and will never have the respect of the pinball community - and Skit-B Pinball is OVER. He was here and our buddy when he wanted money and support for the project....but then just vanishes? You can't do that...you just can't.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like anyone looking to talk to Ted could PM him. He got tired of lowepg's crap and left the thread. That is not an excuse. That is his perogative to not deal with some people's BS.
He offered up to PM him if you have a question.

You keep throwing that word..."BS". The only BS in this situation is from Kevin. Period. His project. His silence.

...and here we have another person who "knows something" gone silent.

Or, maybe he never knew anything, was suckered by Kevin, and is now too embarrassed to post....but who knows! As we've learned, silence leads to speculation. Come back, Ted!

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here.

OK - so - he's aware of what's happening here and had the time to talk to you on the phone about it.

It's toxic due to his SILENCE.

If he can spend the time on the phone with you, he can make an appearance here and SAY SOMETHING.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

The one thing I still find confusing is how Skit-B could have ever been set up as a "nonprofit" as claimed (I think this should have raised additional red flags IMO). I'm reading the guidelines for the form 1023 (federal tax exemption) and I just don't see how a company that manufactures a product (and entertainment game no less) and sells that product can be accepted as a "nonprofit"? l

I get the feeling he wasn't using "non-profit" in the correct context. I think he was just saying that he wasn't really going to making any money on this venture...in the end it would be doing it for the love of it. I don't think he meant he had a non-profit organization like a charity or what have you.

BTW - it is mindblowing that Kevin hasn't shown up to make a statement yet. Cowardly.

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was posing a genuine question. For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

You're officially the dumbest person on Pinside. Congrats.

Stern makes officially licensed product, has been since the 90's - cultivated relationships with studios and has never been in trouble for breaking the rules of the licensor. There's no precedent to think they're doing what Shit-Mask did.

When are you finally going to start directing your anger at the right person. KEVIN. He's the one who fucked you and 249 others.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I never said whysnow is any less guilty if he knows this. In the end 200 people will be screwed by a Kevin and a bunch of self serving folks . Fact

Stop blaming those who wanted to get to the bottom of Kevin's bullshit. The only person that screwed 200 people is Kevin.

I don't feel bad about calling him Shit-Mask now.

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Give it a rest dude! JPOP has his own issues (slow & stubborn) but they are way different than Skit-B issues (lies and fraud)

Nah it's pretty similar. It's come to light that Jpop hasn't paid vendors and had burned a ton of bridges - he has never shown a working proto (at least Shit-Mask had that)...and he's never shown he has the capability to manufacture. As far as I'm concerned, they're both misfit dreamers who took money with no logical endgame.

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Some of you guys act like these SkitB buyers were trying to crowd-source a company developing a drug to save their cancer stricken toddlers.
They get no sympathy from me. Investments based on faith, emotions, or anything else disconnected from reality are for suckers. The truth sucks, doesn't it?

The pinball hobby has been full of honest & innovative people. People who have made and/or sold really cool products.. I've sent TONS of money to tons of people I've never met to get great products. On top of that - they've never been "anonymous corporations"...they've always been guys like us. ColorDMD, Pinball Life, Cliffy, etc. The pinball experience has been very cool....and cool has been the norm. So - when "one of us" builds a Predator game and says it's officially licensed - why wouldn't people have trusted him? There wasn't a precedent for a mega pinball scam. To insult them is a douche move.

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Paging Martin....
That itself is a big story...a competitor company taking Skit-b down. Fox denies Skit-b the license after he tries to apply for one because they refuse to work with an idiot who tried to pull a fast one on them. This is genius..at least diabolical.

That's not even remotely a story, let alone a big one. Kevin IS an idiot who tried to pull a fast one on them!!!! Stern works with licensors all the time, including Fox (Simpsons, Family Guy, Avatar, 24). If they spoke with their contacts and found out whether Kevin had the license or not...that is not "taking Skit-B down"...it's finding out information! STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE! Kevin is a f%$king idiot when it comes to making a licensed product. He did it WRONG. He never had the right to do it, there was no guarantee Fox would have EVER granted him the license. Look at Jpop with Kiss. Kiss said no. Probably because Jpop had zero record of manufacturing pinball machines. Fox would have never licensed anything to a guy in the middle of nowhere with no legit business or manufacturing ability. Kevin was f%$ked from Day 1. No one involved in finding out the truth is "responsible" for ANYTHING in this clusterfuck.

I think you guys blaming the anonymous group just don't grasp how making a licensed product like a pinball machine works at all. You just can't start making a product THEN try to get the license. Even though Dutch made some mistakes with Lebowski - they HAD the license before going public. They almost got in trouble by showing the game before approvals were made....but they legitimately had the license and a working relationship with Universal. Kevin never had ANYTHING.

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Welcome back Rarehero..enjoyed your write up on the emails.

Hah, you think I'm part of the anonymous group?

Sorry...your insane witch hunt is taking you down the wrong path.

I never had any money in on the game. I was on the list initially - but bowed out when they called me for a deposit. I've just been following the trainwreck on Pinside like everyone else.

#5208 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

With all do respect, did you enjoy "The Decision" televised by Lebron James? At least he had the balls to do it himself.

I have no idea what this means.

Quoted from badbilly27:

It's not that they found out - its how they chose to communicate it. Worked with FOX lawyers, sent notes to PBN, sent different notes to different pinsiders, heckled Whysnow in many of the notes gloating. Really? Really? Greg, come on.
Yes, Kevin is the only one to blame and should be primary focus until money is returned. But I'll say it again, the ethics in this pinball community need questioning. Serious questioning.

Sorry. I find the whistleblowers to be absolutely ethical. They found out the truth. End of story. There are a lot of allegations in this story - and I respect that all the information was vetted and confirmed before it went public.

I had heard that he didn't have the license YEARS ago, from the "Stern source"...but still, that's one guy telling another guy something - I didn't feel like it'd be right to come blurting "Hey guys, guess what so and so told me" ...cuz hey, what if he was wrong and then I just publicly slandered someone. That being said - the second the website was scrubbed, I KNEW there was no license - as did many people. As sad as this story is...the lack of license was no secret.

Beyond license-gate - let's be real. Was he ever really going to be able to manufacture 250 games!? Look how long Spooky is taking to make their games "garage style". This thing would have fallen apart, whistleblowers or not. He would have taken forever to make the games himself- Fox would have found out. If he had gone to a manufacturer for help - they would have found out the license wasn't there.

This would have fallen apart...no matter what. I just truly hope everyone gets their refund. At the end of the day, the game was a piece of shit anyway - made by a piece of shit. If you get your money back...win-win.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Expect Rarehero thumbs down in 5....4...3...2...

I give you a thumbs up! .....but where...

Quoted from jrivelli:

Lol can't wait. Fox is one of the worst companies in the TV world of all time. He can thumbs that down too while watching Fox news

Me? Watch Fox News? BWAHAHAHAHHAHHAAA....holy fuck what is going on today.

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hang it up with the thumbs Rarehero and go to bed....feel sorry for you.

1. Don't take it so seriously. Downvotes mean "disagree".
2. Don't be a hypocrite. You downvote plenty in this thread.
3. Multiple people downvote you. Why single me out?
4. I can answer 3. You prefer to find a scapegoat than blame the responsible party. If you don't like your downvotes, look in the mirror.

2 weeks later
#6959 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Sorry anonymous group there is still no evidence. Im sure all the 200+ buyers will be happy to know that now with a successful creditcard chargeback the whole anonymous group will have successfully recouped all their funds, I know it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. All we have is an article that you the AG wrote and a PN article and at this point from my perspective is just your word against Kevin, now do we know as a group that Kevin is a lying thief? Yes we do but that doesn't change the fact that the AG could be a bunch of people with an agenda to take Skit-B down by any means possible and only watch out for their own hides. Obviously I struck a chord with them which is why they pretty much quoted my posts but here we sit in the same situation since the news broke out, ripped off and lied to, but hey AG, you got yours good job!

So....you don't understand life.

The facts are SO simple & clear.
-Kevin never had the license.
-Kevin never had the ability to mass produce.
-Had the story not come out, no one would have a Predator ever anyway.

But I'll humor you - if the truth was wrong, Kevin would have refuted it with proof. He said "project is over, refunds are coming" ...and has vanished - no one has received refunds. The cherry-lie on top of the sundae-lie. Kevin is the bad guy. His fault entirely. Blame the villain, not the messenger.

#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

For those playing at home, pay close attention to those who are typing away on their computer to support AG "how" they communicated. It's like a where's Waldo. If you look hard enough you just might find....

Quoted from badbilly27:

Now direct question for you: Are you in AG and/or do you you know who is? Again, makes you wanna go hmmm....

Quoted from badbilly27:

Again, your reply(s) really make me go hmmm. Few friends part of AG?

Quoted from badbilly27:

Rarehero - I love your thumbs downs as they are so consistent. I pose the same question to you. Come on in the water is warm. (Humming California dreaming)

I'm thumbs downing you because you've become Joseph McCarthy. You're being disgusting, creepy, and slandering. That is why I'm thumbs downing you. Are you so shocked that someone might think you're being a maniac? Is that so unthinkable? Are you that self unware? Anyone who thinks whistleblower witch-hunters are dicks must be AG?

Quoted from badbilly27:

Anyone who questions AG on "how" poorly they choose to communicate is attacked.

Anyone who disagrees with your witch hunt is labeled AG or friends of AG. Hypocrite.

My stance is this: Kevin Kulek is responsible for this situation. Those who did the research are not accountable for anything wrong. I don't want to keep repeating my opinion on the matter...so anyone who blames the messenger or witch hunts will get a thumbs down or downvote as it's now called...because downvote means "DISAGREE". You gonna point your creepy witch hunting fingers on me for disagreeing with you? What do you hope to accomplish. Ooooh, derp derp derp - you were right. I'm the leader....I destroyed Predator...I couldn't have done it without my buddy Rob. Derp derp derp, you win, Mr. McCarthy!

#7287 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Will the representatives from TX & CA concur?

Will McCarthy ever stop his slanderous witch hunt?

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Every time this perspective is brought up, the OP is attacked by a contingent of CA & TX pinsiders. So I ask a simple question to those who frequently attack and thumbs down (3 people total) - are you part of AG? Because you three sure are acting defensive.

This is what it says about downvote:
"Downvote posts you disagree with, that are off-topic or that add little to Pinside."

I disagree with your accusatory rhetoric. I disagree with the immature way you are trying to "out people" who happen to live in 2 states as though their residence has anything to do with anything. Here's some sleuthing for dummies. AG were all buyers. Rob and I have never been buyers. We just think you're being a dick. End of story.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Witchunt? McCarthy? Save the dramatics for a Family Guy episode. I asked a question, not of the entire group but of those who have been the most outspoken in posting and consistent thumbs down against anyone who critiques the "how" AG communicated. Three outspoken people. Interesting only one chose to answer direct (RobT). You just start name calling and more attacking. It was a simple question that really got under your skin for some reason. My answer would be simply - "No I am not nor do I know anyone. I just support AG and how they communicated."

What is this, an interrogation? Who are you to tell me how I should answer your non stop accusations? What is this, the Pinside equivalent waterboarding? You think if you keep going and going you'll get the answer you want? It's not my job to be part of your nonsense....how about you start acting like a rational adult!

Quoted from badbilly27:

It's a question Greg and you turn it into something personal.

Look in the mirror, hypocrite. Me making it personal!? I was content to just read this thread to see if there was any new information about the situation, hopefully people getting their refunds. I didn't want to clutter it with this type of PinDrama BS...so hit the DISAGREE button when I saw people acting poorly....like you, with your incessant witch hunt tactics. I only popped in when YOU called me out by name...and now you're making personal references toward my job. I'm getting personal!? Again...do you lack all self awareness? You brought my name into it, and unfortunately I don't like to stay quiet when bullies and/or hypocrites are flapping their gums.

10 months later
#10275 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

final destination 5 was good? I didn't see it but it's not one I would think would be worth a shit.

It's not. The first one was entertaining, but each sequel got worse and worse. I think starting w/ the third, there's always a character says something like "Hey I found out on the internet that someone cheated death and then everyone died in the order they should have". Derp.

3 months later
#10514 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

That must suck big time.
Did you get anything back from disputed charges etc?
I sent $3000 myself and haven't seen a cent back.
I'd like to say I learnt a valuable lesson but my pre-order GBLE says not...

GBLE isn't a pre order. It's an order. You know it's coming, and soon.

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

As someone who was also stung on Predator, I'd argue that GBLE is still a pre-order. Do you pay in advance and receive goods later? If so then you are effectively pre-ordering. After handing over your cash if either your distro or Stern go tits up then you're exposed.
Now, I don't think there's any real risk from Stern in this case. But unless you can pick up your machine at the same time as you pay then it is a pre-order
I was stupid enough to pay and pre-order Predator, Hobbit and MMr. Only one now exists and that was 18+ months late and still has issues with the screen tearing.

Sorry, when you order with Stern it's an order. Yes, you might have to wait a month or two - but that's just he case with pinball manufacturing. You generally don't just walk into a store and wheel one out. Here's why it's an order and not a pre-order.

-The design is complete. You're not playing a proto at a show that still needs changes.

-The license is complete. No worries about issues there.

-The manufacturing facilities are always there...and the plan is in place for mass production.

-You're ordering from a real authorized distributor...not a meth-head in his basement or a pathological liar in his overpriced workshop.

1 week later
#10737 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Meaning when the guys from Texas went to the fox movie house to snoop around about the license, that's when it all fell apart.

Wow, we're back to this again? Victim blaming...shameful.

Only one man lied repeatedly, took money and didn't return it: Kevin.

2 weeks later
#10953 2 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

He has apparently been trying to sell everything he has. All Predator stuff. All EOD stuff. Even personal stuff. Just to pay his lawyer.

Instead of paying a lawyer, he could have done the right thing and sold everything he has to REFUND PEOPLE.

So, fuck him. I hope the lawsuit continues...and if Kevin has zero, hopefully he will have less than zero.

#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At $4750, not everyone would have gotten their pin. You'd end up in a situation like this: http://mashable.com/2016/04/16/coolest-cooler-money/#an.hAPCU38qA
At least with JPOP there's some transparency. We can see all the prototypes, fancy hinges, rent, patent applications and generous salary and say "yeah, that's where all the money went". John wasted it PROPERLY (sad as that is to say).
Kevin got maybe 10 games worth of parts, tops. (which you know he'll build and sell under the table)
What people want to know is: What did he spend the rest on?

Didn't people say he bought a house and photography equipment for his wife's business?

#11049 2 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Even then, would a judge (or bankruptcy court?) ever force them to sell their modest home or force them to sell their only source of income

White privilege. Wah wah wah. They did the crime - they do the time.

#11132 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here is an interesting question:
When do you guys think Stern knew the license for Predator was bogus? Stern goes to all the licensing shows and events, surely they inquired at some level and knew there was no license.
By no means am I saying Stern had an obligation to do anything one way or the other, I'm just pondering on when they knew as I bet it was prior to us.

I knew it he second he scrubbed his website and YouTube of anything Predator related. Wasn't that like a year or more before everything fell apart. That, along with the fact that none of the artwork had any copyright/trademark notices on it. I guarantee Stern knew he didn't have it, as they work with Fox for licensing (FGY, 24, Avatar)

#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What a dramatic, epic disaster. This is the worst side of what's supposed to be a fun hobby. I think this topic should be locked and closed for good. It serves no useful purpose.

F no! It serves a very useful purpose, as does the John Popadiuk thread - which every so often also has some dink who recommends a lock.

These threads are a warning to those who would ever think of giving money to a "pinball company" that has no proof of manufacturing capability. Keeping it open also reminds everyone that there are two scumbag criminals walking free who defrauded hundreds of people and stole their money. Kevin Kulek and John Popadiuk: THEIVES & LIARS who have hidden like cowards and have not shown any remorse for their despicable actions.

#11275 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Meh...anyone who threw money at this thinking there wasn't huge risk was stupid. You can see legal drama on judge Judy. This is pinball.

What's done is done. A criminal is still on the loose, and until justice is served, this thread remains relevant.

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Please consider closing thread.

Please consider choking on a bag of d***s

#11276 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Odin: you can probably understand how these statements may be somewhat offensive to us guys that got duped? You are basically saying if we got scammed that's okay because we could afford it...which is not particularly a nice statement.
Perhaps I am misreading what you are saying in some way, but best to move on from that line of discussion, yea?

Tigerlaw, I know you're a mod...but even you can enjoy Pinside the way it was meant to be enjoyed...

Blow_Din_(resized).png

#11347 2 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I run into Kevin now and then as his lawyer is just a few miles from where I live, and Kevin likes to go to arcade type hang outs that I also visit. So I get some different insight and different points of view on what's happening.

Different point of view? This isn't a debate about religion or politics. This is a situation with hard facts. What other point of view matters other than "People paid for a product on false pretense and haven't received a refund".

That's.
All.
That.
Matters.

Quoted from cfh:

But I'm frankly just not interested in sharing them here anymore.

That's The Clay Way....not sharing. Just like you packed up your guides and went home....you're a selfish baby, Clay. Good riddance. Have fun hanging out with your scumbag buddy. Birds of a feather....

1 month later
#11590 2 years ago

I'm just amazed that you can buy a house for $30k.

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Location, location, location.

I know...but still! That's cheaper than some remodeling jobs...

4 months later
#12359 2 years ago

Oh look, the witch hunters are back. Fuck you guys, seriously. It was clear Predator was a scam and Kevin knew it when all references of he game were scrubbed from their website. This was discussed here, and people were too naive to believe it. This is ONLY Kevin's fault. The people who investigated and outed the situation were only confirming what had been obvious for a year - and relaying information that was inevitable. Kevin had no means to build those games - and as time had passed, enough pissed off customers would have eventually been calling Fox to get answers.

Seems like you witch hunting assholes have to be reminded of this every so often: KEVIN KULEK IS THE CRIMINAL. those who dug up the truth owe you NOTHING.

#12391 2 years ago

Ugh, Hilton. I'm sorry you lost your money, but it's not the anonymous group's fault you didn't see the obvious signs a year or so before the bomb dropped. You could have asked for a refund when all the Predator stuff was scrubbed from the website. You could have asked for a refund when the delays made it clear there were problems AND no plan for manufacturing ability. Stop blaming them for Kevin's crimes and your own naïveté. You're like the people who blame Pinside for Jpop's failure. Oh wait, one person does that - JPOP. Jpop's a douche. Don't be a Jpop.

#12396 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am honestly not sure if you completely fail at reading comprehension or you are just coming for the fun of the personal attack?

No, my comprehension is fine. You practically get off on the idea of "revenge" by "outting" a group of people who's only "crime" was investigating and and revealing facts. You're just sore that they went digging for details while you sat there dangling from Kevin's sack. The irony is - you claim to know who they are, but want someone else to do the dirty work and reveal them!!!! HAH!

I only WISH I was part of the anonymous group so when they get "outted" I could say "Yeah? So? Fuck you!" Outting them will do nothing but allow a few creeps to sneer and point for a day while everyone else says "Who cares, Kevin is the criminal...moving on..."

#12410 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(guessing you have an idea of some of the people involved given your circles and your choice of defense/wording)

Lol - you have proven that you have the journalistic instincts of a piece of lint...I knew it was a matter of time before you either claimed I was one of them or knew them.

Here are the facts, Hilton:

-I got on the Predator List...was #42. I wasn't super passionate about it, but we were in that "crazy" time when we were all hoping for the next BBB.
-I bailed when they called me asking for a deposit. I saw videos of it and looked like shit.
-Also played it at Expo and thought it was shit. Meeting Kevin and his crew in person gave me bad vibes.
-I have ZERO knowledge of who the anonymous group consists of. I'm just a supporter of investigative journalism and facts.

I wish I knew them, I'd send them some Xmas presents.

#12430 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I just want to know if that hat is glued to his head.

Seems like it. Also is that a fake Velcro beard that doesn't match the shape of his face?

1 week later
#12937 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

When I look back at this video, it sends shivers down my spine...
» YouTube video

They're proudly wearing their "Shit mask" shirts....I'm amazed anyone sent them money after seeing that logo. If you spell "Skit" as "Shit" on your logo and don't see it....it's clear you have zero attention to detail.

1 week later
#13086 2 years ago

I'm 16 minutes in. This is beyond fascinating. He homeschools his daughter!!!! That's gotta be child abuse right there!!!!!

1 week later
#13489 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I agree.
Can someone put into english exactly what happened today?

Yup...legalese for dummies, please!

#13533 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My new favorite podcast. Thanks.

I've got my chips 'n dip!

#13672 2 years ago

So when's this shit going to go down with John Popadiuk?

#13679 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So...I see someone paid $4,750 in total for a limited edition machine that was in development. With the current prices of NIB LE's, was this considered an investment for you guys that paid the pirate? Just wondering if you thought this was the next BBB game.

How is this relevant? And how could the current price of LE's have any bearing on what people spent 4 years ago?

#13897 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Bah ha ha... she's removed the entire thread now...

Did she go private or just block me? LOL

AmandaKulek (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside