Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nibbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

340 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nibbles. You are on page 1 of 2.
#220 4 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Hook, line and sinker... blah blah, I'm trolling, blah blah high five

troll.jpg

1 week later
#512 4 years ago

^For as much as you post that image BobT, you might have to start paying the photographer royalties

2 months later
#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Ill tell you what, if this game never sees the light of day and my money was stolen from me then I'll be done with this hobby.

You and me both, brother.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Just more games for the rest of us,

That's the spirit, for a sec I thought I was on RGP. Glad to have you here :c

#1614 4 years ago

Ehh, nm, vid didn't link right

#1793 4 years ago

SkitB.png

1 week later
#2464 4 years ago

Marsellus is the people who are paid in full, me being one of them:

#2598 4 years ago

Still waiting for acknowledgment and action on my full refund request from two weeks ago

#2605 4 years ago

When did he get rid of the support email address?

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why is anyone even excited for this pin? The theme is AMAZING but the game is just so BLAH.

Quoted from kaneda:

The theme is AMAZING but the game is just so BLAH.

Quoted from kaneda:

game is just so BLAH.

Clearly, everyone should like everything you like. Please tell us more

#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Who's the idiot now?

Step back everyone, we have a big shot here!

#2690 4 years ago

Basically, either give me my money back or give me the game I paid for, no more of the Mickey Mouse shit. Sell your moms house, I don't care; you made the bed you now lie in after you took money from customers claiming the project was ready to produce product.

#2766 4 years ago

We need more education on the stock market (*edit, and apparently non-profits like the NFL), so we can ignore how Kevin is sitting at home fingering his butthole instead of issuing refunds like he stated in his emails...

#2927 4 years ago

Maybe we should just send old school handwritten letters through USPS to his moms house asking for a refund?

#2939 4 years ago

You'd be amazed how much information you have to provide when you register things, things like websites and that.... And especially how easy it is to lookup that public information online.

#2959 4 years ago
#2991 4 years ago

https://webapps.co.midland.mi.us/countyweb/login.do?countyname=Midland
Hopefully the stuff in there has nothing to do with delay in refunds.

#3011 4 years ago

Hopefully none of it went towards the Pine River place last year.

#3184 4 years ago

If you want to talk with Kevin, all of his info is listed on any website that tells you the registrant info for websites (I.e. Skitbpinball.com). Apparently I get banned by posting the direct link to public information on this site....

But he's only stolen ~$5k from me and many other people here, so fcuk me, Amirite mods?!?

#3242 4 years ago

I've gotten nothing from all his email address, text message, etc... He better not make us show up to his house to be acknowledged.

#3273 4 years ago

His wife's website also has a phone number and an email address. Maybe we should try those as well?

#3285 4 years ago

Not me, just resent refund request (yaknow, in case he missed it...)

#3295 4 years ago

His wife apparently bought a house last year...

#3300 4 years ago

Go to the link I posted for midland public records, login as guest, search Kulek, and her name comes up as sole purchaser late last year. All public info, but apparently I can't directly link it...

#3311 4 years ago

Until he returns my money, I don't believe a fucking word coming out of his mouth

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Things are in motion,

Please elaborate, because after three weeks I still have not received any acknowledgement from Kevin that he has even seen my refund request (some other people are going on three months)...

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

but that's not my wife.....

That's no ones wife apparently

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

people have been requesting refunds for months.

Quoted from Asylum:

requesting refunds for months.

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from FreakyBarb:

While I understand the anger and frustration, seriously this is how you handle it?!

Great first post, welcome. So are you suggesting everyone stand by idly and just wait longer? What're we talking here, a week, three months, a year? I'll ask Kevin....

#3433 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the pro-rated refund plan that includes costs deducted for them to attend shows and everything else that doesn't include the parts and license for my game.

Like I said before, he blew it - I don't believe a word coming out of his mouth until I get my refund...

#3435 4 years ago

^It's just legal gymnastics for pinside

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.

I really hope this was after he required everyone to pay up to supposedly start building the games.

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.

That's just great, especially when you look at where his rational decision making has gotten everyone that is now handcuffed to this project.

I've tried to be a patient as possible with him and the project, but it's reaching critical mass with how f'ing ridiculous this crap has become, and only compounded by the fact that he refuses to refund people that no longer want to be in on the build for obvious reasons of being lied to and completely misled... The result of every decision is literally this:
homer2.jpg

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i really-really-really want(ed) this game

Me too

#3514 4 years ago

So, he knowingly took the money to build games with no license, but we are now in a situation where he is to decide how much money each person is getting back? Am I reading this right?

#3519 4 years ago

So, he lied the entire time, but there is somehow a question of whether or not we will get our full payment back, and that Kevin will need an unspecified amount of time to mull over to make "the right" decision?

Lol, if that's true this mf'er better get a second job to fully repay everyone he knowingly f$^ked.

#3961 4 years ago

The phone number they used to call Kevin on the OZ podcast is the same as what he has listed on his whois for skitbpinball.com, so that info is correct

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mr x contacting Fox

Even without this, that doesn't change the simple fact that Kevin Kulek was knowingly and repeatedly lying to people to con them out of their money.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't think that was his intent. I think it's more a story of someone in over their head.

Website was scrubbed in 2013, payments were requested in April 2014. He then drug it out long enough for no one to reclaim their money because of PayPal's 180 limit for chargebacks.

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?
If so, he's really going to be in deep shit.

The site was scrubbed of Predator reference sometime before Oct 2013. His email requesting full payments was sent April 18th, 2014. I have saved every single email and PM from Kevin.

#3996 4 years ago

At this point, I am just waiting to see if the books are now being cooked and money being relocated so when the hammer comes down, he will magically not have a single penny in his name.

Hopefully not, but as I said before I no longer believe a single word that comes out of his mouth until I get the refund I requested.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Was there an invoice sent out when the PayPal payments were sent? I know Cliff sends out invoices when you pay him for his protectors. I'm just curious how these payments were processed. I don't buy a lot of things using PayPal.

You can get your transaction ID and the details of the payment on PayPal, just search prior activity and the date you sent payment.

#4041 4 years ago

I wonder if it would accomplish anything to hit 'reply all' on the manufacturing schedule email that Kevin sent out with every persons email address listed, even though many may have dropped off, get a single email to which everyone can reply to try and get him to talk.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this

Glad you're having a fucking giggle m8

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the Predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

Aaron Klump vs Aaron Davis, two different people

*edit: you beat me to it

#4081 4 years ago

Hopefully it's all archived so we can submit it as evidence should he choose not to issue refunds for people that asked...

#4085 4 years ago

Marsellus.png

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just curious, when you guys preorder this game, do you get a receipt or some sort of contract saying what you are paying for?

I made a point to put exactly what the payment was for, but doubtful it will help since he dragged out the timeframe past the 180 days you have to dispute with PayPal. So unless someone has guidance on how to handle it with the bank, I am completely handcuffed to Kevin...
Untitled-2.jpg

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Always use a CC going through Paypal for extra protection.

Amazing how a bank just throws their hands up and says "welp...", whereas if I used the same banks CC they would stop just short of resurrecting a dead relative to find someone and get the money back.

#4121 4 years ago

Has anyone actually talked with Kevin in the past week?

#4138 4 years ago
Quoted from Shorty:

Reading what Aaron from fast pinball said he is trying to work out the best possible solution.

He also said a lot of other shit that was shown to be untrue, most recently the fact that he would reply to the people emailing him or people asking for refunds. His word means nothing until he starts refunding people that want out, until then, he's a complete liar.

#4162 4 years ago

What a piece of shit

#4167 4 years ago

How is there no inquiry as to how much money is left?

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

It's really, really shitty that we all could've had a much easier out with PayPal if this super secret information was shared with us months ago.

Fucking this.

#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Well... lets hope Kevin gets our money back to us immediately. Or at least an equal portion of all remaining funds to pre-owners.
As this plays out over the next 24 to 48 hours, I will be contacting an attorney to discuss the best options for everyone to recover our money, including filling criminal charges. Once I have more information I will reach out to other pre-owners in an attempt to get as many of us together as possible to go after him criminally.
I can't see how this is not a federal issue as it crosses state lines, not to mention that it also crosses international boarders.
Its fraud, pure and simple.

You're my fucking hero

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm assuming everyone involved has reached out to paypal and their funding source. Even if it's past the deadline, probably important to alert them to the problem.... Who knows they may have SOME funded there they can freeze.

Is there a direct link, or a phone number to open a dispute? I tried my bank, but they were not able to help. Can you open a group dispute through PayPal?

#4264 4 years ago

What are the odds someone here on pinside works for paypal?

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Has some one checked on whysnow? Head explode or anything?

C'mon man, not now.

Seriously though, does anyone have a connection to a person that works for PayPal?

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

I feel sad for Kevin's family who had no knowledge

You think his wife didn't know when she bought a house, by herself, in Nov of last year?

#4293 4 years ago

^Scott, no ill will towards you man - I am just questioning how in the dark his wife actually was/is (obviously, the kids I wish no harm towards). Your post was just used as a point based on you bringing up immediate family around Kevin.

#4302 4 years ago

Per Amanda, "he [Kevin] is in the process of dealing with all of this like PayPal and his layers have adviced as well as getting the right info out there instead of the online slander you heard."

So take it for what it's worth, but he needs to act instead of continually feeding lies to everyone.

*edit: and before I get downvoted into oblivion, I asked her to please tell Kevin to get online and start issuing refunds.

#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"layers have adviced" Wow.

Yeah, it left a lot to be desired... but holding out hope she gets him to do the right thing (cause hope is all that I have now unless PayPal grows a heart and allows for a mass dispute on Kevin).

#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who's going to pay for a lawyer to get involved in this mess? What are people going to get?

If Kevin doesn't return money, I am more than willing to group up to drive him straight into the ground to ensure he does not come out of this with anything from the people that he knowingly conned, repeatedly.

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If Kevin was to return money, wouldn't he of done it months ago...

I'm convinced that in his mind he believed he wouldn't be caught, and he would be happy in the end. Sociopath behavior to a T. Someone will basically have to force him to do the right thing.

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

Why anyone paid with their bank accounts, I'll never understand.

Everything involved in my response will get me banned for being vulgar and personal attacks, so I guess I'll just ask if that closing jab was necessary?

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just to be clear it was Kevin's wife's supposed quote, not mine.

That was a direct quote from a text from his wife.

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

A well known pinball person in michigan... Who are you?

Do you live on Pine River Rd?

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

Lmao I was going to say they are in Chicago

Check the edit, even though your trolling is to forced

#4479 4 years ago

Y U edit out the trolling part tho?

#4483 4 years ago

That's the same response my bank gave me

#4492 4 years ago

Who dis now?

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

Holy hell, did anything Kevin Kulek tell you turn out to be true? How busy you think he is responding to all the individual emails right about now?

#4500 4 years ago

Marsellus.jpg

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

So, whats his phone number, Ted? I'm sure public posting of it will be fine.

https://who.godaddy.com/

You take it from there, it's a website directory, which is all public information.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone in the PayPal disputes department is going to have an interesting Monday ...

If you get their direct number, please PM me so I can try a hail mary to get my money back for my little girl

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I feel bad for you if you too were fed a bunch of lies

The over-under on Kevin being a certifiable sociopath, is pretty high. I don't see how anyone can hold others accountable when dealing with such a person... I'm omitting certain instances, but honestly, it still doesn't matter. Kevin Kulek owns all of this shit, and if there is a God he will get everything and more that he has coming to him.

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It sold for $28,000 in November... $28K.... whats the mortgage on that, like $100/month?

How many married couples do you know that only put one person on a title?

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Zillow says it is worth well more than $28K. I know Zillow is not the be-all end-all of real estate pricing, but better than nothing......

exhibit a.jpg

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You can't take funds for a product and not deliver without consiquence

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/antisocial-personality-disorder-symptoms/

There is a high likelihood that this is what you are dealing with *allegedly*

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Me or Kevin?

Brother, c'mon. Clearly not you in any way (I don't even know you), I'm just pointing out that reason and rationale are likely not involved in either of us getting out money back out of Kevin's guilt, read that link and apply it to the person that knowingly fucked us out of our money. He will likely have to be forced by an outside influence to do the right thing.

I hope to hell I am wrong, but that is likely what we are dealing with here.

#4605 4 years ago

Is there any benefit to grouping up for a lawsuit to get money back should Kevin Kulek disappear from the internet? If so, and any people need a +1 to the group please let me know.

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not having business sense or not knowing what you're doing, doesn't automatically make you a con artist.

"Shirley, you can't be serious." Please get Kevin in here to explain what his true intentions were when he requested full payment. Because everything points to that being completely untrue.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I really don't think he was out to fraud people.

How about this, tell him to respond to the emails of everyone that was asking for a refund from the end of 2014 to two weeks ago, hell, even today.

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've talked with Kevin and his team many times over the years. I really think his intentions were good and he was just excited to make the game happen. I really think he thought he could sneak it in under the radar. I really think he could have, if it didnt' take so damn long to get the games done. If he would have pulled it off in the first year, I really think it would have happened. Never once out of all my conversations with him, did I ever get the impression he was out to get everyones money.

Can you call him again and ask him how much money is left please, he won't answer my calls

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

didn't say he did things proper. I just think his eyes glazed over with the dreams of making his dream theme over sensibility and business knowledge.

I think he is *allegedly* a sociopath that thought he could lie his way into an alternate reality. Will that change things for me now, nope. But it explains quite a bit.

#4837 4 years ago

Can someone drive to Kevin's house and help him with the refunds please.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Since Kevin has ignored my repeated refund requests, I contacted PayPal this morning by phone & informed them of this whole situation that has come to light over the weekend. Even though I was past the 180 days, they made an exception & were able to file complaint cases for my payments, but I still need to wait while they investigate. They said that in cases like this, they tend to make exceptions, so we will see what happens. They sounded like they weren't going to take this lightly.
For any of you that paid via PayPal & want a refund (but are past the 180 days): Log-in to your PayPal account, then click on the "Contact" link, then click on the "Call Us" link. The next page will give you a unique code that you will need to enter when you call PayPal. After you call & enter the unique code, just keep hitting "0" to get through to a representative & explain the situation to them. It's likely that there is already a "red flag" alert on Skit-B's PayPal account, so you will have their attention.

I just did this, they did open a dispute but apparently the system automatically closed it because it was past the 180 days. They did say they will send a "courtesy email" that I requested to be refunded, and if Kevin responds, they will let me know - but I am not very confident anything will be done.

The rep also told me to contact local authorities to report the issue, as well as, gave me the ic3.gov to report the online fraud.

At this point, I am giving Kevin until Friday to prove he is actually taking the refunds seriously. If not, I will submit everything I can to make sure he (and anyone else involved) is punished to the full extent.

If anyone has other suggestions for what I can do, please PM me.

#4871 4 years ago

Can we start a new thread that is strictly posts on what is being done and/or what can be done to try and recoup the funds for all of us handcuffed to the situation? As much as I know people want to argue about other stuff in here it's all good, but can we get a centralized thread going where the pre-owners can group up to take this head-on as a whole vs each individual going alone?

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I just received an email stating all moneys collected will be refunded in a few days

He has one chance to do this, but if this proves to be more 'Kevin-speak' I'm escalating as far as I can take it with local PD, IC3, and any other outlet to make sure the money does not benefit him or anyone in his immediate family that could have taken/received from the account.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

but how funny would it be if it was an inside job in the industry.

Hilarious...

#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

fc140x140silver.jpg

Picture made me laugh, thanks for that, it's been awhile

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Did others receive something similar?

No, nothing.

I might text Kevin to verify, but doubtful he would reply or if I would believe him anyway...

#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

For some reason I am highly skeptical that Kevin is able to just eat the probably $50,000 spent so far (minimum) out of his own personal account. Something is still very much rotten here.

I agree, and I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I'm concerned (I know others are not), but he can keep my initial $250 pre-build deposit money; as long as he returns the $4500 that he has of my money, I will forget he ever existed and move on. If he doesn't, he will be dealing with this forever.

#5041 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

What if it is a prank? Some sicko toying with people who are in a difficult position? I hope not but have heard of stuff like this

A prank how? Someone hacked his email account? If that's even remotely a possibility, I really don't care. Kevin just needs to stick to his word this ONE TIME, and that's it.

If you are insinuating that Playboy is trolling, c'mon man.

#5814 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I just tried to write back to Mr. X aka "Greg Wells" (rinxy5000@gmail.com) to let him know that I think they went too far with the 2nd letter before anything has happened.
Email bounced back. The account has been deleted.

Too bad it was gmail, would have been interesting to get the ip address.

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It is clearly someone with no skin in the game venting their own frustration and attention whoring

FTFY

#5998 4 years ago

How them refunds coming? Getting an itchy trigger finger on the ic3 website...

#6016 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Diners club all the way..........!

Players club, VIP treatment baby.

players club.jpg

#6018 4 years ago

^haha, I was wondering if anyone would get the reference. I should be going to sleep, but have been watching the old skits on youtube for the past 15 min XD

edit: another gem

#6077 4 years ago

Vid you sure have a hard on for people not getting anything back, is one of your buddies in the top 12 of the builds or what?

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

My CC company said they couldn't even see charges to my card past 6 months.

LOL, I bet if you missed a payment from 8 years ago they would be able to find that no problemo.

What CC company is it?

#6270 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is gonna have to be a group effort cause Kevin isn't doing shit. I wonder what amount paid with other than a credit card?

At this point it's still going to be a mix since it seems quite a few people aren't being helped by their CC company either.

I emailed Kevin this morning to find out where we are in the refund process and why it's taking longer than he stated initially (even though I likely know why), and have still heard nothing back.

#6272 4 years ago

He wants to pay you $3k now in the hope that he will get a return of $4.5k, if/when Kevin gets his shit in gear.

#6277 4 years ago

This is literally how I picture him sending emails and the words that come out of his mouth...

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

5 stages of grieving. We are in depression now?

F%^k that, I'm still angry. Especially after he straight up said he was not a liar, and felt horrible for putting everyone on this situation lol. I really want to see how far he will continue the charade, all the while still holding onto a sliver of hope that he has one iota of human decency and/or honor. If he doesn't, I'm more concerned for the well being of his three kids in the long run.

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

we are still talking about this shit? I just came here for the pictures of boobs.

Go look in the mirror, giant boob there

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The big problem here (once again) is Kevin. PayPal standard t&c say that sellers cannot presell items that will take longer than 20 days to deliver - EXACTLY to prevent this sort of problem.

This shit.gif

#6348 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

But it seems to be a common practice for instance my alien pre order was thru paypal and I'm guessing a lot of the boutique manufacturers do the same.

Because paypal will just fall back to their 'other' ToS that you have to file a claim within 45 days or whatever BS timeframe that they makeup to get that money back when a customer calls them on it.

So, the prebuyers will either have to group up and bury Kevin; or that muhfugga will magically find Jesus and stick to his word of issuing refunds.

#6441 4 years ago

What part of this situation does the IRS go straight up their ass to investigate where funds to buy a house and all kinds of other goodies came from?

#6477 4 years ago

So, the only way to get my money back at this point is to hire a lawyer? Or will the filing with the MI AG and local PD suffice for the time being?

#6485 4 years ago

Maybe we all should setup a photoshoot time with his wife so she can get a great group shot that they can frame and hang over their new mantle. That way their three kids can grow-up knowing who their real providers are instead of being lied to by their parents.

#6506 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Kathy Kulek was listed as "Legal and bookkeeping"

Has anyone tried to email Kathy to see if she refers you to the new legal team?

#6508 4 years ago

Hopefully he doesn't take a page from ol' dads playbook and hitchhike a semi truck ride down M-13...

#6512 4 years ago

At this point, who the hell cares what is in Martin's article? What is he going to do, give Kevin's side of the story, as told by Kevin? Kevin is a pathological liar, always has, and always will be.

#6581 4 years ago

Kevin needs to man the f%^k up for the first time in his life and stick to his word by issuing refunds.

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I would bet a steak dinner he hasn't even hired a lawyer yet.

According to his wife, "he is in the process of dealing with all of this like PayPal and his layers have adviced as well as getting the right info out there instead of the online slander you heard."

So, there's that I guess...

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Wait is that another Kevin or the Kevin in that missing post

that's his dad

#6642 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I see what you did there!

Watch out Gorno, he's peekin in your windows!

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Very strange that a grown man can turn his back on

Go back and re-read the charleyproject link from the previous page, will explain a lot about the apple and the tree.

#6648 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Is that real?

It's on the internet, it has to be, no April fool BS.

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Kevin had the skills to earn more money he would not have bought a $50,000 house.

He didn't buy the house, his wife did...

#6710 4 years ago

Great little nugget straight from the horse's mouth, saved in email:

"Further deposit options:
Please keep in mind that all of these options are completely refundable, and any deposit made through this system will go directly and 100% towards your machine!"

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Damn Vid, are you part of the AG?

You'd be amazed how much public information is out there - what HS you went to, what specific city you were in when you sent an email out, your wife's property purchase history, etc, etc.

Lord Gaben.jpg

#6718 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Autonomous Group?

Attorney General

#6866 4 years ago

Can I just kick Kevin square in the patchy surface where his nuts should be, and call it even?

Seriously, how can a person live with themselves being such a spineless waste of space? If you can't keep to your word in life, WTF good are you as a human being? Yeah, he went through some shit with his brother and his dad, but you have got to be kidding me that someone can just turtle up and hope it all goes away, and apparently be totally fine with that...

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

self-important

Pretty much sums it up, too bad they took down the "come at me bro" post as well, the "look at me" shenanigans in that post was gold.

Quoted from playboywillis:

Well, they are from Texas...

SandQ.jpg

Quoted from Pintucky:

Commonwealth's Attorney's Office

Is anyone looking into this, or can comment further? Small claims is likely avenue to be taken by me, but want to find the best way to make sure the money Kevin has now stolen either gets returned to the investors, or everyone comes down so hard on him he cannot breathe.

#6933 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Has anyone received their money back ?

From the guy who said he would send the refunds and restore some sliver of my hope for humanity? No...

#6935 4 years ago

ayyy lmao, is that you Kevin Kulek?

this guy.jpg

#6988 4 years ago

I thought the AG wanted to be known as the "Snowden's" going forward?

#7001 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All AG did was fire a bullet into the skull of an already dying dog.

After watching it lay there suffering for three months?

#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Spooky did a ton of work for Predator and got burned like everyone else?

How so? Seriously, curious. Did they not get paid for anything?

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I will be more willing now to help out Ben and see his company make it.

So, if you had had money in this and had gotten ripped off by Kevin, you still would maintain that same sentiment? Especially, when the person makes multiple posts, in numerous threads, about how the game that you put money into 'sucked ass but at least they brought it to shows' and never would have 'made it' no matter what?

That's some serious Monday morning quarterbacking, especially posting it in a thread where everyone is still trying to get any portion of their money back. Sorry I didn't invest in your company, but f*(k off with the "I knew it all along" attitude that only came out after the proverbial shit hit the fan.

#7053 4 years ago

How did Spooky get burned in this again? Was there an actual amount lost, or just that they were going to get paid for eventually making everything?

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

people who have information and opinions that could have saved many people from disappointment

Especially when they sit on that information for months pulling a majority of the 'plebs' out of the chargeback timeframe

#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Who they are doesn't matter in the least.

Not according to him, and multiple other people involved.

Quoted from limelime20:

what part of that don't you understand?

Quoted from limelime20:

Just let it go already.

#7108 4 years ago

Nevermind, I didn't read the previous post chain

#7119 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They would show up at your door with police.

LOL, no they would not. If you don't let them in your house, I'm sure the police would sit three units on your house for full 24hr surveillance too to make sure that pin doesn't leave your house without them knowing it.

#7127 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

END OF F'CKN STORY.

Story ain't over until he refunds the money like he said he was going to do, or Nasty Nate is turning him into a human whistle when a strong wind blows through the yard...

#7144 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

HEY!!
...it's not from "insert name here" because it has THIS!

One of my favorite spins of all-time:

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

They're still in denial, apparently, and not looking at the other factors you mentioned: the paper-thin margins, no evidence of ability to manufacture, and a prototype that fell over if you looked at it wrong.

Add onto the list: The "Snowden's" knowingly had the smoking gun, but chose only to bless their inner-circle with that information, everyone else was still left in that burning building...

Kevin is fully to blame since he is literally human cancer, but at the same time, the way the Snowden's handled it as it pertains to all involved was a joke. Glad they all got out unscathed though.

Clearly, getting through to FOX was a major undertaking to even get a response according to the Snowden's, color me pink I can't believe everyone didn't do it...

Quoted from jonnyo:

they place a lot of the blame on the AG for the ending of the project.

It's not about ending the project...

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I already explained why just throwing the information out there could have blown up in their faces.

An individual (a Snowden) had gotten through to FOX. The FOX rep stated to the Snowden that there was no license agreement for the game to be made by Kevin and Skit-B. Being the unknown type that they are, they couldn't find a way to convey this information to the masses (by way of, I don't know, a wordpress webblog or something 'unknown-like') that stated exactly what they had just found out so other people in the burning building could immediately take steps to either confirm the information and bail, ignore it completely, or simply try to get a refund (which we know wouldn't come from Kevin), be ignored, and then still be able to file a chargeback with PayPal and get their funds back because that information could have been available within the 180 day chargeback period? Nah, give it to someone else to write an article that will come out innnnnn, ehh, it's coming out eventually.

They instead kept all of the truthful information to themselves and only let the inner-Snowden's circle know about the confirmed information. A point could be made that some were trolling a few members in the thread, and that should have been taken seriously as to the actual state of the build; but a trolling/condescending post won't garner anywhere near the attention or action when some anonymous person makes a claim that they talked to FOX directly and they stated that no license was in place - i.e. "check it out for yourself, here is the generic phone/email/whatever, confirm for yourself and decide if you still want to stay in on this project or file a chargeback through PayPal."

Quoted from jonnyo:

You're mad because at the end of the day you have no machine and no money, and want to someone to pin it on.

I do have someone to pin it on, it's Kevin Kulek. That doesn't excuse how selfishly a person/group acted with first-hand knowledge that the entire thing was BS from the minute the FOX rep confirmed there was no license.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Had they just put the info out there, as you claim they should have, my guess is you'd be complaining that they didn't do enough homework before going public

Guesses are great, aren't they? I'd also guess that when a person suggests, directly, that they confirmed a specific piece of information with the IP holder, and recommended that others check-in on it before deciding what to do going forward, that a MAJORITY of the people involved would have followed-up immediately and found the BS as well. After that, the majority would have been able to chargeback with no issue at all. This would leave the only person left to get (justifiably) burned, Kevin Kulek.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Any outcome that didn't benefit you personally would be the wrong move of the AG.

Yes, clearly I'm only thinking of me personally... I'm not thinking of the group of good people who lost a collective sum of around $350k combined (and that's a conservative estimation). The information that the Snowden dug up, and how they actually went about presenting it maybe saved $50k for the lucky folks that have a gracious chargeback period through their CC company (not including all of the OG Snowden's, who thankfully were made whole EZPZ (even that lucky last fellow getting his CC chargeback at the 11th hour)).

Since you're good at guessing, do you want to guess how much of the groups money would have been saved if they anonymously presented the information when they found it, and urged people to check as well?

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

1) Nobody owes you anything. Get over it. This sense of entitlement from some of you is just mind boggling.

Entitlement is a bit of a generalization, but sure. Kevin does owe me $4750, so someone does 'technically' owe me something. In terms of bringing information up that is pertinent to the situation, I guess I'm old fashioned in thinking that you don't just look out for yourself, especially when you're in a unique position to make a difference in the outcome of a situation for a group consisting of ~150 good people.

Quoted from jonnyo:

2) Of course they took care of their friends first. This is real life, man. Welcome to real life. That's what anyone would do.

We're not friends here? We all love pinball, I'd consider anyone else here to be my friend, even you. It just amazes me that the selective group were the only ones to be privy to the info before passing it off, to a pinball blogger, that eventually did a great job with the story. It just came way too late when you consider the small, but very critical, information that was investigated prior and which could have helped a large number of other people immediately.

Quoted from jonnyo:

3) You can talk about how risk-free going public with the info is when you are in their shoes and you go public right away. Have you ever been a whistle-blower? I have. Know what the company tried to do? Fire me.

Hopefully that means you didn't actually get fired; but let's be honest, real life vs internet whistleblowing is inherently different. Literally, if you were the whistleblower, it'd be pretty easy to find you just from your post on Pinside - i.e. a 2min whois search and I could call you right now, photoshop a dinosaur on a street-view picture of your house, or show up at your door (obviously won't do any of this), but it is too easy to find. Try that same technique with the Predator wordpress blog, it's damn near impossible to find out who owns it or who posted what.

All I am saying, even though your reply implies that I need someone to basically wipe my own ass, if someone is smart enough to setup a wordpress site to remain anonymous, they can use that same technique to share the information that they know through the same avenue, immediately. They instead, just took care of themselves initially (which I completely agree with and understand), but then handed it off; that time from when they pulled out vs when the actual article was released could have helped a majority of the people invested, conservatively guessing, the delay likely caused 65% of the people with money on the line to be pulled out of the chargeback period. But it's f#(k everyone else, emirite? Why watch out for anyone else other than yourself?... Bros before Hoes.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Don't blame people who did. Blame yourself.

Technically, I'm also blaming the people who 'didn't' for a different issue, all the while, still blaming myself and Kevin.

Quoted from jonnyo:

If you were expecting some anonymous pinball players to ride in guns blazing and protect you, you were expecting to much and extremely mistaken. The how, when, why, etc. of their actions are all immaterial. It was never their job to save you.

It's not their job, but for the "common good" seems fitting. I find it sad that people continually defer to a 'me' vs 'us', as opposed to watching out for others, whether it be a community or a small pinball group. But since we're making large generalizations, it's pretty much like watching your neighbors car getting broken into, but you don't call the cops, because "it was never your job to watch out for them, they should have been up all night, every night, keepin an eye on his shieet... Fug'em"

The common good is much more important than the me.
FMR.jpg

#7225 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Go get them truth.

LOL, damn bro you take this seriously don't you. Questioning the Snowden's gets you wound up, like really wound up - it's like I'm insulting.. you somehow, even though you weren't involved.

With the JPOP group, how many of them do you think are still within the 180 day window for charge backs?

Salty bro.jpg

#7408 4 years ago

Kevin Whitney Kulek, not to be mixed up with his dad Kevin Mitchell Kulek

#7433 4 years ago

"Kevin told us that although it is happening slowly and streadily, the refund process has begun and a number of those who pre-ordered have already received repayments."

LOL! Will one person please confirm that they got an actual refund from Kevin, and not through a chargeback? Just one person...anyone?...*crickets*

#7442 4 years ago

So, it has to be safe to assume he doesn't have a lawyer? What lawyer would allow that to be publicly released? Or did Mom give it the "okay"?

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He doesn't know what the hell he did to anybody to make them this mad at him??
Somebody help me here. I am truly at a complete loss for words, and that doesn't happen often...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20027920

*Allegedly*

#7505 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Where else would he get that idea from, right?

Maybe his mom reads the posts for him, and gives a rough overview?

Seriously, at this point, if he doesn't start refunding the money I hope his family problems revolve around only being able to view him through plate-glass and talking to him through a phone on the wall... Gotta set a good example for his kids, or make an example for his kids, can't remember which one this would qualify for.

#7520 4 years ago

I also like how Kevin referenced the "$30k" house his wife bought in Nov of 2014 that he lives in. I wish he commented further as to why a married couple with three kids would only put the one person, whom is not likely to be sued in the next five months, on the title of this 'new' house.

Muh'fucka might need to see a doctor about his certifiable verbal diarrhea.

Kathy, can you please tell your son to actually refund the money, and not turtle-up and hide under your bed, thinking this will all blow over? K, thanx bae!

#7528 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Keeping my lies in order is hard.

FTFY

#7543 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Lies, damn lies. He specifically said getting the rights to the song was the most expensive part.

Twenty bucks says his "getting the rights" to Long Tall Sally was him buying the song through his mom's iTunes account. Anyone?

#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I've summed up the article for everyone:
skitb (Click image to enlarge)

Literally, everyone on Pinside needs to up-vote this post and the comic

If it was a t-shirt, I'd buy it!

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is starting to sound like an episode of Breaking Bad or Sopranos.

I keep thinking of this episode and the Kettlemans... "What money?"
Wut.jpg

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The best ending to ths drama is an awakening in the mind of Kevin.

No, the best ending is him refunding the money that he has stolen from ~150 people. And then going back to the hole he crawled out from, never to be heard from again.

#7974 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Is he still planning to meet with Kevin and his lawyer this week? And what day?

Yes, middle of this week.

#8015 4 years ago

Was finally able to send all of my info to the Detective today. Hopefully everyone else can find the time as well.

#8026 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

outsource to who?

Send me all the parts, I'll put the f*#king machine together myself.

#8093 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Also, is he really a flight risk?

Runs in the family...

*pun intended

#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

will not be free.

He's talking about how Kevin is using our money to hire a lawyer

#8123 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Eventually he will pay it back...or die trying .

Ayyy, whatever is the most painful and long lasting. Couldn't care less about that lying s*@t-stain, just want to make sure he doesn't gain anything from this and the rest of his useless life is as annoying and financially-painful as possible.

New page though, hey Kevin Whitney Kulek, how is that refund coming along for everyone that you promised? Hopefully your lawyer, Sam "Small-print" Lieman, is keeping you strung along....errr, well informed and protected with the money we sent you to build the Predator machines

*allegedly*

#8129 4 years ago
1 week later
#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

"Refunds will start in 6 months, after I have my mom figure out a refund strategy with the remaining funds".

FTFY

#8334 4 years ago

Any one else get that email spam from his wife's photography website sent to them this morning?

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does anyone know if Kevin has a job?

Does scam artist count as work?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If his wife has a job?

She is a photograph taker that really needs to learn proper lighting, camera settings, and how to not constantly over/under expose shots - http://www.laumephotography.com/

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Or who his attorney is?

Probably is his mom.

1 week later
#8434 4 years ago

^yeah, I remember reading that awhile back, the kid is about as deep as a puddle...

Has anyone gotten a court date set yet?

#8439 4 years ago

His next poem is likely going to be a haiku
" I am going to jail,
Predator was a true scam,
Pray for my bunghole"

#8440 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Umm, no. I can't believe that is the same Kevin. I'm pretty sure Whit is very much a staunch atheist.

That was written along time ago, knowing his life story, he more likely than not stopped believing in higher powers when shit hit the fan with family.

#8453 4 years ago

I'm most interested in the collection aspect of the ruling

1 week later
#8581 3 years ago

Lawyer is hopeful to have everything on the legal side done in 60-90 days. Once all that dies down, supposedly revisiting the chance of FOX approving license if enough people would still buy the game if built; if not, then will officially cancel the build and start looking at actual refunds for people.

*allegedly, so don't take any of that as actual truth. Just what I was told.

#8588 3 years ago