Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I just got refunded 4500. Thanks pinsiders who helped me with this. Hope you all get your Predators soon.

Good news! Hope you were in front of me.

#176 4 years ago

Yup, found my new hunting shirt...
http://www.80stees.com/products/somethings-out-there-predator-t-shirt
...thanks guyincognito!

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm a preorderer, I've been reading all PRED threads. Must've missed that picture!

They were just black virtua pin cabs. You didn't miss much.

#194 4 years ago

I'm not implying they weren't. They're black and made my virtua pin, no?

1 week later
#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well with the lack of communication and customer service there is a good chance of it. A little communication goes a long way. At this point it seems no one is dropping out because of the game they are dropping out because the lack of professionalism on skit-b's part.

No need to wildly speculate. Everyone has their own reasons, and lack of communication/professionalism might apply to a few who have backed out, but badbilly stated he backed out for personal reasons.

1 week later
#414 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Look who's trying to stir the pot my friend. I've given up trying to start trouble and have stated many times now this thread is dead until we get an update. And for the record, I was in on a Predator WAY BACK in February. WOW. Had a deposit down with a guy who was real low on the order list. Nice man. I even let him keep my $250 when I backed out for being so nice.

Yeah, real nice of you to try to screw everyone that was on the waitlist by trying to go around Skit-B's preorder policies. Real stand up guy you are...

1 month later
#593 4 years ago

Just give me a Damn pic of machines being built...

1 month later
#763 4 years ago

I don't like the biweekly updates. They're not really updates. Getting garbage in my email almost biweekly is worse than two months of silence.

#819 4 years ago

My biggest (probably unrealistic) hope is that very soon they suddenly have a handful of Predators shipping out. That's the only reason I can think of why they're pretty much silent on Predator, they don't want to show anything until it's out the door. But with all this crap, I really want a refund. Yet at this point, it seems just as hard to get a refund as it is to get a Predator in my house. I consider my money long gone...

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

I don't have time to read the whollllllllleeeee thread but bottom line.. when is this pin going to be released or able to buy or play.
I had wanted to pre-order one.. then just didn't want to pony up for $ with out certainties.... but still interested
anything definite ?????????????????????
LOVE that photo.. like he's in the waiting room.. wait - CAN'T THE Predator HEAL HIMSELF.... ?

Tattoo shop dude, not the doctor's office. What I love is the xenomorph hiding in the house plant... Because Heighway's Alien is coming up from behind, and WILL beat predator... Into my house anyway.

1 week later
#932 4 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Soon too be proud owner of #10 production #14

Get some good news lately?

1 week later
#1091 4 years ago

Define "soon"...

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well all I have do is go the video tutorial that a pinsider found and it becomes clear that I can't pull out, its impossible and with spfxted confirming he spoke with Kevin and everything is still moving forward I'm very happy. This really is a dream theme for me, Aliens LE being built, what a side by side line up.

#112 on both. Pretty sure I'll get Alien first...

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

OK, thought about it, Ready to bet $20 you will get Predator first.
Loser donates that amount to Pinside. Hopefully this year...
Deal? (must be accepted before the "great reveal" announced in 2 weeks-time)
Disclaimers:
- I have no insider's information on Skit-B or Heighway pinball
- I am a blind optimistic who tends to lose bets.
-... but betting only with nephasth
- When were you #112? Is it you initial production number, or an updated one? You could be #12 now
Easy prey. Take the bait!

I'll take that bet! #112 is the machine number for both my Predator and my Alien LE. My last production number for Predator was around #165 back in September I think. My Alien will be in the first batch shipped to the states.

1 week later
#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I've always heard red heads are evil.
Is that true ?

I've always heard bat shit crazy...

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Oh yeah, and do some of you REALLY expect timely blow us away update next week? Really??

No, I expect to continue being treated as a mushroom.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm clearly doing something wrong in life

Buy a boat.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If this happens then I can see aftermarket stickers being distributed by someone in the comunity to add a Preditor feel back into the game.

Its going to take a hell of a lot more than just stickers... Sounds and dmd animations...

#2381 4 years ago

At this point, the only news that could be considered "epic" is the delivery of the first 10 machines... Anything short of that and

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Whenever I read this thread, I keep thinking in my head to the old days of listening to Howard Stern when he would have the KKK guy on. Although his meaning was racist (which I don't condone). I chuckle thinking of this trainwreck thread and hear his voice in my head but for a different meaning "wake up white people!"
"wake up Predator buyers!"

So you are the KKK guy of this thread. Got it.

#2542 4 years ago

I'd request a refund, but the realist in me knows my money will never be returned.

#2546 4 years ago

Re-reading that email just pisses me off even more. "Get your games sooner"... Bullshit, Skit-B has had my money for over a year. "Soon"... What a fucking joke. We've seen piles of parts, stacks of cabs, and a box of playfields. Sure, they've had to try to work their way out of a sticky situation, but in the mean time, build some fucking games and quit jerking the customers around with lip service and empty promises. Actions speak louder than words. I had hope, but these "updates" aren't fucking updates. "I don't embrace excuses, I embrace solutions." this is fucking disgusting.

#2549 4 years ago

Good evening once again, fellow pinballers.  The atmosphere around our Predator project has gotten pretty thick, so please allow me to clear the air on all of this stuff.

First and foremost, I need to thank you all for your support.  That term has a tendency to feel cliche, but the world of pre-order pinball is in a dark place right now and I understand that it takes an absolute ton of commitment and faith on your part to stick around during these times.  You have all invested incalculable amounts of support into something you saw to be great, with no way of knowing how it would turn out.  With the amount of doubts out there, that can't be easy, and you all need to know that it certainly doesn't go unnoticed.  Every step I take in this endeavor is with the clear goal in mind to make sure that when all is said and done, you all can rest assured that you made the right choice, and what felt like a risk was worth it.

About a year ago, we proudly declared that our mission was complete.  The Predator machine was totally finished and we simply needed to button up some loose ends and get started building the machines.  That simple process has turned out to be the most difficult challenge I have ever faced, and has been the most humbling experience I have known in my life.  Throughout the creative process, we had immense amounts of involvement with the community, and collected ideas and feedback from a multitude of sources that made our game something of a collective effort.  Excitement was infectious while everyone got to chime in with their ideas and criticism and watch the game change as a direct result, which all led up to a finished product that we all could feel proud of, and know we were all a part of.  As we made the transition into manufacturing, the good news and excitement went to the wayside in favor of slowdowns and setbacks, which makes communication very difficult in direct comparison.  I'm aware that sounds like a bit of a cop-out, and I make no attempt to cover that up.  This situation is of my own doing.  By allowing our reputation of constant and perpetual engagement turn into a reputation of inaccessibility, we broke a tight bond with all of you.  In the beginning when all you guys wanted to know was what was happening to the game and what future plans were, it was easy to stay engaged and excited.  Now that we're past all of that and into the next phase, the questions get much heavier and harder to deal with directly.  With naive fears of letting folks down with updates of manufacturing hurdles and setbacks, we became almost completely distant and now when we need the excitement and confidence the most, we have become all but undeserving of it.  Not being able to bring a good message is difficult, but I get it.  You all need to see progress and measureable steps being made.  While we have done what we could with what we had, that will no longer suffice, so that is what I bring you today:  progress and measureable steps being made.

It's a difficult sentiment to realize, but I'm sure many of you will breathe a bit easier when I finally outwardly state that this project has become more than I can handle on my own.  A few close friends have jokingly informed me that my earlier comment of "making pinball machines is hard" has kind of become a catch phrase attributed to me, and I'll own it again, as it clearly remains the case.  Thankfully, the pinball community is built on a foundation of the most helpful and genuinely good people on the planet, and we have gotten help from the best of the best on all levels.

While manufacturing these games here is certainly possible, it is most definitely not optimal.  I fear that with our modest setup, the fellow with game #250 would still be a year or more away from getting his game.  With that in mind, we are contracting an experienced manufacturer to handle the assembly of the games to ensure that they are completed within a reasonable time frame and pass even the most scrutinizing quality tests.  Our ability to see the manufacturing through to the end has been a constant public concern from day one, and while I thank you all again for believing we can do it, going this route will remove that concern and allow you all to rest a little easier by removing that major variable.  What does this mean for you, the owners?  Getting your game sooner with less chance of unforeseen issues upon delivery.  It's a little too early to be sharing names at this point, as the finer details are still being worked out, so more on this soon.  Rest assured that your investment is being taken care of by more capable hands than ever.

Let's talk for a second about licensing.  We are very aware of the emails and PM's circulating around claiming we never had the licensing support to sell machines using the Predator IP.  In our attempts to gather showable documents to prove this wrong, we learned that our licensing deal really wasn't what we thought it was.  Thankfully, with the understanding folks who control said IP and the help of a lifelong family friend, these hurdles are quickly being overcome.  Again, what does this mean for you, the owners?  More fluent updates on progress, the addition of licensed images to our website and communications, the return of the gameplay videos(!), and much more.  There is a lot of contextual information here that can't really be conveyed very well in this fashion, so we've been in talks with Martin from PinballNews.com, along with the most notable of podcasts to make sure this story gets told in the most complete and understandable way possible.

In short, I've pretty much done everything wrong during this whole process and you guys are still here.  I can't repay that kind of dedication by sticking with more of the same, so everything is becoming much more "real."  Getting "real" manufacturers on board with "real" licensing support along "real" timelines with "real" communication from the creators of your "real" game.  Expect to be hearing a lot more from us as things continue to move in this new and exciting direction, but if you need anything from me, please don't hesitate to send me a message right away.

To those of you who have requested a refund and have yet to hear back, please message me right away so we can get everything taken care of.

Thank you all again for your continued support,

-Kevin

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'd request a refund, but the realist in me knows my money will never be returned.

Requested one anyway...

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on predator over jpop at this moment in time.

Really? This was supposed to be a MAJOR announcement. Turns out the major announcement is games still aren't being built yet. Where's the jerkoff smiley?

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why is anyone even excited for this pin? The theme is AMAZING but the game is just so BLAH. When Kevin first revealed, nobody had anything more down than $250, right? After seeing this pin, why did anyone say, "Yeah, I have to have it!"
Everyone's chasing the next TRON LE, Big Bang Bar with these limited run games. Not gonna happen again guys. That ship has sailed.
Are we witnessing the first boutique collapse? Who knows. I do know this. If you invested this money in the stock market this year, let's just say in EA sports. You'd almost have doubled your money. Great pre-order guys.

Oh yeah, that's right, you were the <edited> trying to buy someone else's preorder to screw someone on the waitlist out of a game. I remember now. Sleep tight in your ninja turtle jammies...

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah, and then I saw the game and bailed. I grew up on Predator man. So when I heard the theme, I had to have one. And I got lots of people to offer up their spot. Who's the idiot now? I put my money in the market instead. Now I can buy 5 predators for the price of one pre-order. Yeah, this fuckwad did that.

5 Predators... Or 2 pairs of white sandals.

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What does the stock market have to do with anything?
For most folks purchasing a pinball machine this is play money, not money which was ever going to be dedicated to an investment portfolio.

He's a pinvestor.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

isn't the NFL a non-profit ?

Was just talking about this at work today.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It is a B-movie.
It is from 1987, decades ago.
It is so hot, that the DVD lives in the $5 bin at Wallmart

Quoted from vid1900:

I know licensing, because I've done licensing.
But most people don't know anything about licensing.
Most bands have a heart attack when they have to buy a $90 license before the CD replicator will stamp their CDs because they have a cover song on it. They have no idea that they have to pay to use someone's IP.....

DVDs... CDs... They still make these things?

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This guy is trying to make things right...

Is he? Or is he just trying to buy more time again? I'm sorry, but it's gotten to the point that I can't trust this man's word anymore. A man's word should be his bond.

#2769 4 years ago

I'll give Kevin 2 weeks to give me my refund, and I will ask for it everyday until I receive it. If he doesn't give it back by then, I'm filing a charge back.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please stay the F*CK out of it. You are not a pre-owner and you have absolutely no business trying to stick yourself into a matter at this level that does not pertain to you and has none of your skin in the game.
I know you like to be in the middle of everything, but this is one area where you have absolutely no business inserting yourself and it is preposterous for you to even suggest it. You do not and will never speak on my behalf.
There are plenty of trusted, well spoken, and detail orientated people actually in on the project (a few mods on pinside are still in the last I heard). Leave it to them if they want to attempt any sort of legal action or organized plan that THEY see fit.
I personally will only accept the game being built. If at some point Kevin says that is no longer possible then I will cross that bridge at that time. Until this time, I would prefer if loud spoken art critics stuck to critiquing art and leave any sort of mob organization to those ACTUALLY in on the project.

It's an open forum man. If you don't like other people's opinions, this may not be the right place for you. Until I receive my refund, I am still a "preowner". And you certainly don't speak for the pool of preowners. You may have patience and Faith, as Kevin says, but my "patience" is forced by Kevin holding onto my money and delivering NOTHING.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Every person is entitled to decide as they wish and that has been their personal decision from step 1. For Aurich (a non pre-owner) to even suggest that he should lead some sort of organized effort of those with skin in the project is amusing at best (I take it as insulting honestly).

Maybe Aurich just doesn't want to see a bunch of Pinside members get fucked over. Whereas you're coming off as extremely selfish at this point...

#2822 4 years ago

You're in the first few machines. We know there are parts for about 10 machines right now. Those get built, you get your machine, fuck the rest. Meanwhile I'm clear back around 160, that machine has much less of a chance to see the light of day. So as long as this goes forward for a little longer, you get yours. But if a run to the bank stops it, you don't. That's how it is perceived by someone else, aka me, reading your posts.

#2832 4 years ago

Loving the auto corrects of my user name.

#2836 4 years ago

Pulling out might make a mess, but at least you're not stuck with a bad decision for the rest of your life...

I said it before, I think it is highly unlikely I will actually get a refund. But I would regret not trying to get it back just as much as allowing someone to steal from me.

I don't even have a t-shirt to show for my "faith and dedication."

#3197 4 years ago

Anyone else get this new email about a coming email?

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I really have to re-make the point that refunds are unlikely. I'm not making a call on whether it's all over or not, how would I know? But, if it IS all over, then everyone ranks pari passu and he cannot start at one end of a list and give out refunds until the money runs out and then stop. Anyone who has any claim against the business whatsoever (preorder, supplier, lender) can state that anyone paid before them was preferentially treated. The only way it can be handled is to freeze everything and then distribute equally at x cents in the dollar to everyone at once. That's how insolvency works. And if you get a refund tomorrow I wouldn't spend it as you could get a knock at the door from the liquidators with full court backing wanting it back.

I don't know how they do it down in Oz, but if I had some asshole knocking at my door wanting to take my refund back, he would be greeted with the end of my shotgun barrel.

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I own one of those toasters, but that's not my wife.....

Toaster?

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I wonder if you sent him an email now saying that you would buy two games and pay upfront, whether your email will get responded in order?
Going to try a credit card charge back, nothing to lose!

Any luck on your charge back?

#3589 4 years ago

Nice to see an Experts of Dangerous cab on his FB... Not.

#3591 4 years ago

And some thrive on dragging others down with them. Just sayin...

#3610 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Since I want the game, i hope the sentiment is returned.

I get it, but if I received the game, I'd be disgusted every time I looked at it. It'd be a constant reminder of all this crap.

#3856 4 years ago

It cost me less money to get divorced than it did to get fucked over on this deal...

#4083 4 years ago

dog_the_bounty_hunter-1510.jpg

#4090 4 years ago

It's alright, after Skynet goes live, it won't be long until we have the technology to send one of us back in time to... Ah f*ck, wrong movie.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I made a point to put exactly what the payment was for, but doubtful it will help since he dragged out the timeframe past the 180 days you have to dispute with PayPal. So unless someone has guidance on how to handle it with the bank, I am completely handcuffed to Kevin...
Untitled-2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What really sucks was your payment was funded by your bank account and not a credit card. Even harder for a charge back. I looked mine up, I paid with a partial paypal balance and about $4200 was put on a credit card. Calling my credit card company tomorrow.

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

As awful as sending him more money sounds, might be worth sending a buck to see what happens...

You can send money to any email address through paypal. It doesn't have to be signed up for an account.

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If the associated paypal account was suspended or locked, wouldn't it get kicked back?

Save your money dude. Kevin shouldn't get a single cent more from anybody. Ever.

#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Well....the Shockers beat KU.....

wichita-state-cheeleaders1.jpg
wichita-state-cheerleaders.jpg
101614madness_fs21.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I must be getting old, because all I see in those pics are little girls. And I'm only 29.

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

So is this a reasonable timeline everyone can agree on, giving Kevin the benefit of the doubt that he had good intentions to begin with? Feel free to fill in any blanks I am missing, or correct anything I have wrong (sources: Emails, PBN, Internet archive):
June 2011: Announced intention to build Predator after getting license approval, which apparently was fair use guidelines and not a commercial license.
March 2012: first whitewoods shown, pre-order list is established under the "No money required until production" promise. I got my number 112 5-10-2012.
November 2012: $250 deposites were requested from everyone He also announced many deals with contractors guaranteeing the low price, guaranteeing the final price wouldn't rise. Benefit of the doubt states that he just had no idea what an actual build would cost beyond the parts.
Feb 2013: I was told by Steven Woods, their "Build Manager", told me the code was 100% finished and tested. They later bailed on TPF because, as Kevin told me, "the game is just going through too many changes right now to get it back together in time".
April 2013: Game shows at MPE, art is revealed, Virtual pin announced as cab mfg. Also that month, incentives are announced to try to get people to pre-pay up to the full cost of the machine.
August 2013: I had moved from build spot 99 to 83, so 16 drop outs over the last year or so in the first 100, probably due to the $250 deposit.
October 2013: Disastrous showing at Expo. Duck hunt and sonic side projects were shown. Website was scrubbed of any mention of Predator. This disclaimer was added to their website:
"Absolutely none of the items featured on this site or any of its affiliates are for commercial sale or use unless explicitly stated otherwise.
All images and likenesses used on this site are and remain copyrights of their respective owners."
OBVIOUSLY this is the time the C&D was issued.
Nov. 2013: I asked for my refund, it took multiple emails, excuses about junk folders, and about a month to get my deposit back.
Dec. 2013: Aaron (klumpp) has been removed from the website.
Feb. 2014: Mission complete video, deadline set for first $3k payment.
June 2014: Deadline for full payment. Funhouse 2.0 announced.
July 2014: Game 2, EOD announced.
Dec. 2014: Announcement of bi-weekly emails, Also claimed License was fine.
March 2015: Email 1: Certain parties threaten my very existence, major issues need handling immediately.
Email 2: Project not imploding, Everything moving along despite certain nefarious parties.
Email 3: Apology for silence, I can't build them myself, unnamed experience manufacturer is being contacted, the License wasn't what I thought it was. contact me right away for refunds.
Email 4: sorry, overwhelmed with emails, responding in order we received, will get to your's soon.
Aaron (fast) also revealed that Kevin read to him what he presented as the terms of a license, which Aaron said sounded more like the terms of fair use, in the last 2 weeks.
To me it seems impossible that Kevin's license realization only came in the last 2 weeks.

Wow, I replaced you from the wait list. Always wondered who #112 originally was...

#4156 4 years ago

Reading now...

#4164 4 years ago

Heighway shouldn't touch this...

#4169 4 years ago

Skit-B really is the Ram Controls of Pinside...

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

"Mr. X" just emailed me. He said that since Pinball News had gone live, so would he. Included this link in his email. I am working at the moment in a night club and have not had time to read.
http://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/

Ha! There's a whole paragraph for Whysnow. LOL

#4228 4 years ago

Do I recall correctly a comment made by Virtual Pin that they would've never made the Predator cabs if there wasn't a real license?

#4240 4 years ago

Turn it up!

#4301 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Shit B's wife will have to get a job now that he wil be going to prison.

Isn't she a witch? Surely she can magically refund all the money.

#4325 4 years ago

My custom Predator message is fitting...

Kevin, you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt.

#4334 4 years ago

Paypal has an "infringement report policy"...

#4348 4 years ago

Had to be escalated to a claim with paypal because the "seller couldn't be reached for communication" as soon as I hit the dispute button...

Left them a little note, not much, but I am not a lawyer and it's a start:

"Skit-B conned over 200 people out of nearly 1 million dollars in their Predator preorder scam.
Related articles: http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball.html
https://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/
Not a single machine has been built or delivered. All "buyers" involved should be refunded their money."

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

If I was a betting man, the only people who I see getting any money out of this is the lawyers. I know it won't get anyone there money back, but I hope its Fox that gets him the hardest.

Well, if you look at this way... We all paid a hefty fuckin' fee to put Kevin's ass in prison...

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So ... where's Whysnow?

Somewhere in Colorado. Said he'd be at Lyons around 3pm in the CO FS/FT thread.

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Only thing I can tell you is when we sent the $250, it was a"gift" as not to incur paypal charges, which 250 gifts will freeze an account because paypals not getting their cut. However, when we sent the big payments, it was a legitimate payment and not a gift.
But why are we talking about this statement? We know everything he said was swindler confidence bullshit

My $250 deposit was not sent as a "gift". It was for "goods/services".

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Ok, now I will listen to suggestions on the best way to send pressurized containers of dog shit through international mail?...... Anyone?
(j/k)

With a hazmat label, via FedEx, and having to fill out a shit ton of paperwork...

#4418 4 years ago

LOL... MS Paint...

#4423 4 years ago

Apparently 10pingrn doesn't want Kevin to go to prison... That's where he f*cking belongs dude...

#4429 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Apparently 10pingrn doesn't want Kevin to go to prison... That's where he f*cking belongs dude...

And Pinballwife4life... who just so happened to join pinside today...

Edit, nevermind. She changed her vote...

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

I hit the wrong thing... We don't have money invested by any means but I'm pissed they sat there and lied to our face... Kevin fucking up has brought on.. Well your friends with them do you have any info.. No and I don't want any involvement with it... Seeing things take place over the last couple of months has had us going hmmm how the f can they afford that

Who exactly are you? And what other things have they been buying with our money?

#4449 4 years ago

A sucker from Wyoming, apparently.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

No idea Ive just seen all the new crap coming in.. Funny how someone can go from having nothing to having everything they want

Disgusting, not funny. But it's easy to buy whatever you want after stealing $1,000,000....

#4497 4 years ago

Guess not well known enough...

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If you get their direct number, please PM me so I can try a hail mary to get my money back for my little girl

File a claim right now. Even though it's over 180 days, you can still file a claim. Whether they do anything about it is a different story... But it's going to be hard for them to ignore $1,000,000 fraud.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Wow are houses really that cheap in Michigan? I should move there.

And find Kevin...

#4532 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

only those planning for financial raids.. like bankruptcy

"Strategic Default"

#4547 4 years ago

Go figure.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Tried filing a claim and paypal closed it almost immediately. It was after the 180 day time period. They did send Kevin an email however.

Ouch. I got "The claim is closed because it was opened more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet the filing criteria." Since I paid before they extended their policy to 180 days... Hope the CC company comes through...

#4721 4 years ago

The second biggest travesty here is all the misspellings of "license"...

Sorry... Kevin might have taken my money, but HE WILL NEVER TAKE MY HUMOR!!!

braveheart.jpg

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I guess I can now officially declare I lost my bet.
Only chance for me now would be to get a draw: neither Pin, Predator or Alien, is delivered to you.
I won't even consider this. I now truly hope that you received your Alien Pin ASAP.
(The bet was he would receive his Predator pin before Alien - A $20 donation to Pinside is at stakes)

Let's both donate $20 and call it day.

#4748 4 years ago

The burden of proof is on Kevin. If he wasn't lying, he'd be able to produce a license number or something. But he can't prove shit. Thank you anonymous.

#4811 4 years ago

Welp... CC company can't do shit for me. They said they can't dispute anything past six months.

#5372 4 years ago

I don't get where this 180 limit on paypal refunds comes from... Paypal disputes, yes. But I've refunded money easy peasy way past 180 days before. And guess what, it was just a couple of clicks to do so, and my customer wasn't charged a paypal fee for the refund...

Oh wait... that was me being honest and sending funds to "friends and family" so he got all his money back. Nevermind, I'll grab the lube...

#6127 4 years ago

Hey, I found Rodger Sharpe...

0326151210.jpg
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You should ask him his thoughts on whether criminal charges would be sought in a matter Like this.

This is Kevin's problem, not Rodger's.

#6227 4 years ago

My CC company said they couldn't even see charges to my card past 6 months. Guess I'm going to have to request to "talk to their supervisor"...

#6231 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten an actual refund from Kevin yet? Or is it only chargebacks so far?

#6232 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

LOL, I bet if you missed a payment from 8 years ago they would be able to find that no problemo.
What CC company is it?

Sears Mastercard

#6258 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi all. I dropped out of reading this thread long ago even though I'm financially involved. ($4750.00) (I'm really getting sick of Pinside and all of the useless noise here and in other threads)
Anyway, I hope I'm helpful and not redundant but here's what I just did moments ago.
I called Paypal after getting an online code and phone number from them. I punched the code into the automated message. The first operator I spoke to was helpful and bump me up another level after my explaining the situation. The second operator looked up the Skitb situation and then tracked down my payments. I was then given refund codes.
I quizzed the PayPal operator and she told me they were well aware of the situation. She said Paypal is NOT issuing refunds or even responsible to do so as too much time has passed. She told me Paypal is cooperating with the account individual **at his request** and he alone is responsible for any money being returned.
In other words, when Kevin gets the official accounting from PayPal he will refund the money himself.
The key element PayPal needs along with your account is Kevin's account address which is: Kevin@SkitBPinball.com
I now return you to the shit storm so many of you seem to enjoy.

Refund code? What's that?

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I guess I can now officially declare I lost my bet.
Only chance for me now would be to get a draw: neither Pin, Predator or Alien, is delivered to you.
I won't even consider this. I now truly hope that you received your Alien Pin ASAP.
(The bet was he would receive his Predator pin before Alien - A $20 donation to Pinside is at stakes)

Don't forget to donate...

#6339 4 years ago

After Paypal closed my claim they sent me a survey asking how well they performed. Yeah, I was pretty pissed while filling it out and told them I couldn't recommend them to a friend since they helped a con artist steal a million dollars from over 200 people... No response.

#6341 4 years ago

What's the point of them holding the money if they don't return it to the buyers after they've been screwed?

#6342 4 years ago

I would imagine Paypal has been earning interest on the money being held. They've profited enough from the misfortune of the Predator preorderers. It's time they give us our f*cking money back.

#6344 4 years ago

Yeah. Ultimately Kevin is to blame. But Paypal are just being jerks right now...

#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Looking at the depressed area he lives in, I doubt many of his locals would have a lot of empathy for a bunch of "rich people that can afford to buy toys whose value is more than they make in 3 months"

Who gives a shit what the locals who aren't impacted by this think?
I just want my money back. No need for a local news story.

#6489 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Agreed. Although, I'm pretty confident nobody has gotten an official "refund" from Kevin. I've only read of 2 reimbursements (one issued via PayPal and one issued via credit card company Amex.)

Both were CC chargebacks.

#6525 4 years ago

Talked to someone a little more educated at my CC company today. For anything past 6 months I have to write them a letter. Once they have the letter, they may take up to 30 days to acknowledge said letter, then up to 90 days to investigate.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I wonder who you are?
You speak of th greatest scandal in pinball history yet your account is less than a month old.

I'm pretty sure pinchilli is kaneda...

#6739 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assumed they collect interest on all money just sitting there in their giant account?

You bet your ass it's bearing interest.

#6877 4 years ago

Meh. I'm an assman. Tits are liars.

1 month later
#8901 4 years ago

Nothing for me yet...

#9070 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Conveying what one believes to be true is not a lie.

It doesn't make it the truth. But thanks for spreading misinformation!

7 months later
#10199 3 years ago

"The lawyers are working on it."

7 months later
#11819 2 years ago

So, they're going after Kevin's wife for ~$150,000. Wonder if/where they found the rest of the money to go after...

#11861 2 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I didn't 'disappear' anywhere. I'm currently working on behalf of the 'pre-owners' to get them their money back, and it doesn't require posting to do so.

ALL pre-owners? Or just those with representation?

3 months later
#12740 2 years ago

You do something clearly morally wrong, and brag about it here... A real piece of work. (edited)

#12745 2 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

You are seriously begging for a defamation suit.

You have no character left to defame. You're despicable.

#12831 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What's the saying, give them enough rope...

2 months later
#14461 2 years ago

Let 'em swing...

1 week later
3 months later
#15913 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

I would bet that Defendant Amanda Kulek already has a line on the $30K. People don't usually enter settlements unless they know they can meet the terms.

People? Yes. The Kuleks... well that's a different story.

#16047 1 year ago

Any Amanda audio?

1 week later
#16706 1 year ago

I can't wait for the next set of recordings...

1 month later
#17053 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Is it just me to think it's wrong that Predator has a link on this site? That should be taken off of the list of pinball machines on Pinside and not have it's own link.

Trying to erase history?

1 week later
#17106 1 year ago

"She loves coming."

What a way to start the recording...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside