Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10995 2 years ago

Wow, catching up on all this, how terrible.

Unfortunately the world is full of people like this and they only seem to be becomming more common, this slimeball just happened to strike at pinball which totally sucks.

I hope you guys nail this guy in every possible way. Scum like this needs to be scraped from wherever it may be and thrown in the garbage.

#11000 2 years ago

Yeah I'm sure he has high levels of stress.... Over getting caught. I doubt he cares at all about stealing everyones money. Probably actually laughs about that part.

#11050 2 years ago

Lol... Knock off a convienence store for a 100 bucks and go to jail. Scam 250 people for nearly a million and walk away. Maybe the convience store crooks should start calling their robberies a failed business.

Ok in most cases they are nowhere near equatable as honest business people do fail for legitimate reasons and i do not think those people deserve any punishment. But the con artist vs the hold up... Not much difference other than the weapon used to persuade.

#11207 2 years ago

On the subject of the game itself, I totally get that it should not be in anyones personal collection, but does everyone really want it destroyed?

I know feelings are hot right now but as an outsider to this chain of events, I think this machine has actually become an interesting part of pinball history. As one who feels history consists of the good bad and ugly (lest we not learn from past mistakes), it would be sad to see it destroyed. Personally I think it should be in a musem along with the full story. Would that be objectionable?

#11270 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

You can see legal drama on judge Judy. This is pinball. Please consider closing thread.

If it bothers you... drain it.

1 month later
#11733 2 years ago

Business Plan of a con man:
1. Build a hobby pin with an exciting sounding theme.
2. Tour the show circuit with said machine building credibility and an impression that the games release is imminent.
3. Squeeze interested parties with pressure that the run will be limited.
4. Collect hundreds of thousands in pre-orders until the wheels fall off.
5. Stash and run.

6. If successful, lay low and repeat with a new set of marks.

I believe part of what many are trying to accomplish is to stop this last step from ever happening.

4 months later
#12315 2 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

He probably stole the laptops as well.

Where does one file gains recieved from stolen goods on their tax return?

#12534 2 years ago

If my laymansn understanding is right, once Keith is successful at arguing fraud and intent to hide assets from the bankruptcy court, not only can he go back as flynn pointed out but he can refer it to authorities for criminal prosecution as bankruptcy fraud (assuming they pick it up... which if handed on a silver platter they just might) where they could go for a max sentence of 5 years.

Not something I would ever want to gamble against.

#12576 2 years ago

I don't think people honestly have a problem with the words as all are entitled to an opinion (as long as one also accepts others may challenge that opinion). What I see people typically taking issue to is when they have the apperance of coming from someone who is not being genuine about their interest in the topic so as to dodge questions that may be asked of a stakeholder vs accepting the opinion of a bystander. Or worse a stakeholder trying to annonomously throw up a smoke screen.

Annnonomous is a loose term here since we all are using usernames and not legal names but we'll say annonomous to a known username.

#12647 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I was thinking of that as well.. but I would assume Keith would disagree since he assigned a tangible value to them. He didn't try to reclaim them as IP violations, but as assets to be redistributed to creditors. And since they are one-offs and prototypes being liquidated instead of sold... I'm not sure if that changes things?

As one off prototypes would they be considered in a different light than a production machine made without license?

#12715 2 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Building a prototype which is never intended to itself be sold for profit sure seems to fall under "fair use". I think you'll find this same point over and over when googling...

Interesting point here... if you argue that the whole thing was a rouse with intent to defraud potential buyers then wouldn't you then be able to say that these "prototypes" were never intended for sale and do in fact fall under fair use... thereby having value that can be sold for recovery.

2 weeks later
#13196 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think you are correct. He probably didn't take in $1.2 million, but without the documentation, a number has to be presented.
His liability for these debts is somewhere between $0 and $1.2 million, for sure.
I'm not going to publicly conjecture on what my strategy would be to defend against it though, I don't want to inadvertently help Kevin out.

Just an assumption on my part here but if Keith is stating there was 1.2 million given to Kevin (and the Judge who is likely familiar with the case didn't flinch at that figure) then my guess would be that there is some sort of evidence on the other side of things that that sum of money was given to Kevin regardless of what the idiots excel spreadsheet may say (I like making 'creative' spreadsheets as much as the next guy). Its now up to Kevin to show where it went.

#13271 2 years ago

I agree with MrBally... who cares... he said there was only one day that didn't work and it didn't sound like a completely open day for Keith either and agreed to the next date proposed by the judge. Its perfectly reasonable to claim a particular date isn't available. Also none of this is criminal proceedings either (yet).

#13285 2 years ago

Yeah, even for us who didn't get snared by this one, I think everyone has at some point in their life been ripped off by some asshat. I am vicariously enjoying your retribution.

#13598 2 years ago

Just starting to listen but hearing his own Lawyer start out by saying something along the lines of not to be adversarial towrds my client.... then proceeds to throw him under the bus was hilarious.

#13633 2 years ago

I was imagining at least some of the delay in his responses were "oh crap, how do you know about that" moments.

Also great line here... Did you buy the house and put it in your wifes name? ... "those are just wild accusations!" ... well did you write a check for $30,000 to the title company.... "sir these are all just wile inflammatory accusations!!" .... well, did you wite the check? .... "....ya."

What a liar.

#13642 2 years ago

I did find his job skills part pretty depressing. I'm sure he has some computer skills (and he clearly sees himself as having that too), but hasn't the faintest clue how to develop that into an actual marketable skill.

Year ago, I was there, in a dead end job knowing I had the ability (having been coding since i was in 8th grade), but it wasn't marketable. It took at least two full years of hard dedicated studying algorithm design, application architecture, business problem solving, along with wrapping my head around concepts like inversion of control, dependency injection and clean coding practices....

I guess my point it that it takes more than ability.... it takes dedication and drive... I don't see him having either, which is just a sad waste of an ability... and that I find slightly depressing.

#13673 2 years ago

Did I also hear there was a charge for Netflix in there with the Pizza? Sounds like the start of a pretty good weekend.

1 week later
#14069 2 years ago

Does reading this thread give me units towards an English major?

1 week later
#14319 2 years ago

My grandfather was still practicing law when he was 80. It was a passion, something to do and part of his identity.

2 weeks later
#14425 2 years ago

On the radio here not too long ago they ran a story that a local "contractor" was busted taking "deposits" for promised work and ran. He got 30 years, although it was a second offense.

#14428 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Are you serious, 30 years? No way. Crap in Canada, murderers only get 25.

Yeah well... here in california he will probably be out in 5.

#14563 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If you illegally towed my car I would be pissed!!

I read it that way the first time too lol! I think he means towing cars that are parked illegally.... although from the car owners perspective...

I will say that one time I had a car towed (ex was doing something stupid). The tow yard stole several items from the car which pissed me the hell off. They just laughed it off. Well I just filed a police report and considering that PD had an inventory of the items when it was taken into custody they were not laughing long.

Further the officer told me it wasn't the first report they had from that tow company and I'm thinking they got blacklisted after that. About six months later their shop was all boarded up. Did not feel sorry for them in the slightest.

1 month later
#15028 2 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Wow, I just stumbled into this. I'm a lawyer and while I don't exclusively practice Bankruptcy law I've practiced in Bankruptcy Court enough to know my way around a little. The thread is way too long to sort through but it looks like Kuleks stole a bunch of money with their Predator scam and tried to discharge the resulting debt in a Chapter 7, but creditors filed an AP, called them on their shit and now their spot is getting blown up?
Anybody know if the U.S. Trustee has taken any interest yet? They'll criminally prosecute in some cases.

Pretty much. Give the other recordings a listen, they should be easy to find as I believe wolfmarsh did all of the posting of them. Very facinating insight on how these sorts of matters are handled and how they can go so badly for someone who refuses to cooperate.

#15052 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that would be very smart. Reality is that his history shows a better chance of stripping the copper out of the walls and burning the place down are a more likely outcome.

And that kind of mentality is what lands people in the type of position they find themselves in now. The saddest part is they never see it, instead its the big bad world out to get them.

5 months later
#17323 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Er.. off topic, but I pay about $25/mo for basic cable (that's the cost above what my internet through the same company costs). I have 0 equipment costs, which is usually where they get you. You can get an HD Homerun and run the signal through your devices (android, PC, xbox, etc). It's worth looking into as an alternative to things like Sling if you're a sports fan.

I pay 15 a month (25/month over internet - $10 cable card credit) for using my own cable card device (Tivo). 1TB DVR with tv's in every room. Equipment charges would be about 60/month otherwise between the dvr fee and the per outlet fees. Buying equipment is expensive up front and kind of a PIA to initially setup (cable company road blocks) but long term saves a ton because that is where they get you.

Sorry... carry on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 13.00
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside