Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What fiend would tilt a photo of Scarlett Johanson, the only actress under 30 who actually eats sandwiches?

Isn't that Kate Upton?

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is for you my man so you can figure out who's hotter Kate or Scarlett, Kate for my money. But I'd not kick either out of bed for eating crackers if you know what I mean.
» YouTube video

That's like choosing between a Ferrari and a Lambo. I'll go with Kate though.

1 week later
#1344 4 years ago

It's amazing to me that this could just as easily be a scam or a legitimate attempt to build pin. I'm not sure what it is at this point, and I don't think most of you guys are either, but the guy got a million bucks from forum members either way. Wow!

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from XNIF:

taking pre-orders

I think you just nailed the title. If this were to be made into a comedy-mystery, I'd like to see Jack Black in the role of Kevin.

1 week later
#2227 4 years ago

Those are amazing!

How long does it take to move to Cuba? 2 weeks?

#2469 4 years ago

Here's your re-theme. Only have to change one letter.....

#2543 4 years ago

Could a real project afford to do full refunds at this point without screwing others invested? I think the guy is living in fantasy land. It just doesn't add up. Get while the getting is good. For you desperate folks who just have to have this theme, you'd be better off getting the refund and hoping to acquire one in the aftermarket vs. letting this guy keep your $5K and hoping he delivers what you expect.

He's probably gonna have enough money left to license one of these as a Predator pin.

jocko2.PNG
#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who would buy a "company" that is in the situation that Skit-B is in? To commit business suicide?

I'd be more inclined to believe Stern might pick up the license for the new Predator movie, but I really don't think they give a flip.

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Hopefully none of it went towards the Pine River place last year.

If that's his wife, it would certainly be suspicious. How many married couples don't have both names on the title? Preparing for the shi* storm that is coming perhaps??

#3112 4 years ago

Are you familiar with the concept of wire fraud?

#3260 4 years ago

Guys, he really does live in fantasyland. All you have to do to figure it out is Google a couple names.

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

God help him if he doesn't. If this goes south he's on the hook for everything personally. How would he be reporting $750,000 of **income**? PayPal 1099's. That just can't be true.

Maybe the money is being used in someone else's name? Hmm???

#3333 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

His wife's name is Amanda.

Are you certain that's her name? I wonder if anything interesting might come up if you google her full name?

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Irony.
I see stronger condemnation and name calling for the guy who called the police than for the guy whose holding all the money....
?

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a case has already been opened. Hard to believe so many people with $5K into this and getting requests for refunds ignored are just gonna sit on their hands. It only takes 1 call.

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I found this....but it's just standard boring stuff that wives do.
<link deleted by Mod>

Uhhh...Ok. Not mine and I'll suspect not most.....

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This post was moderated for Personal attack 59 minutes ago. A thread eject was issued.
Please do not make personal attacks against Pinsiders who disagree with you

This post was moderated for Personal attack 38 minutes ago.
Please do not make personal attacks against another pinsider
Why is one of these a thread eject and the other is a warning?

Because Ted flies chefs in from Ireland to make him a taco salad and the other guy gets his taco salads from Taco Bell

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Did you see the movie Tucker? All you have to do is show that you tried to make the product. If he tried then there is no fraud..just a failed business and investors.

Your honor, I'd like to introduce the movie Tucker as evidence to show my client is clearly innocent...

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

So....I'm rooting for KU in March madness.....

miss-ku-16.jpg

I own one of those toasters, but that's not my wife.....

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Very good point, but he seems to have mysteriously disappeared as well.

With what has come to light recently, he probably realizes he could be found complicit. He vouched there was a license when there wasn't and made Predator product. Hopefully he made the product before the cease and desist. Ugly situation that just keeps getting worse.

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

my CC company opened a dispute through Paypal for me, so now Paypal is requesting action from Kevin

A CC dispute is about all the power you guys have over this situation right now barring getting the authorities involved. I would not delay filing it. It doesn't mean you won't work something out and get your pin, but to delay filing one at this stage of the game is foolish IMO. If there is any money left, you might actually get yours back. Do you think the credit card company won't look at the evidence and say there were red flags months ago, why did you wait?

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

So you are saying that Fox will still waste their time and money to pursuit further even the game won't be made and all the money gone/refunded, so no damaged to their IP? That makes so much sense.

I'm sure they have lawyers on salary. Plus this guy has pulled in nearly a million bucks. There's money to be made if he still has it. Also sends a message to any future IP thieves. You are not going to get a slap on the wrist.

#3786 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Add...."the lions share of the money is gone"....just no way this could go on for so long without funds being depleted..

What do you guys think the family of 5 has been living off of the last couple years? Per that Wicca convention post, the wife doesn't work. How did they buy a house 4 months ago and why isn't his name on it? And some of you still cling to the hope this irrational person who hasn't made a good decision in a long time with regard to his customers is going to come to his senses and refund your money? Really?

If you can file a dispute with your CC company do it. I hope for a positive outcome for all of you.

#3863 4 years ago

So Martin's scoop trumps the truth getting out to the victims? Ridiculous and shameful......

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

You're absolutely right. The truth should be coming from Kevin. Ridiculous and shameful.

The truth should be coming from anyone who knows it. Pretty obvious at this point it isn't coming from him.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Only one thing is for sure:
This has the makings of an absolutely EPIC "Hitler Reacts" video.

Shi*! This has the makings of a pinball documentary mini-series or a Jack Black comedy.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I've found out quite a few things about some Pinsiders in the last few days, and in a time of crisis, some I would bet my life on, some I would keep an eye on and a few that are only out for themselves.
Serious ignore options in the future.

I just hope most have learned to ask for background/experience, proof of rights, and a reasonable business plan before forking over thousands of dollars on something like this.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Pretty sure going forward its going to take way more than that to get money out folks again.

I totally agree, but any of these questions with real answers provided should have stopped this project dead in the tracks. These problems addressed early enough might have resulted in a successful project. I just think very unlikely at this point.

#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I wonder if it would accomplish anything to hit 'reply all' on the manufacturing schedule email that Kevin sent out with every persons email address listed, even though many may have dropped off, get a single email to which everyone can reply to try and get him to talk.

Those usually end up being a big confusing mess. I don't think you would get your desired result anyway.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I wonder if the SKITB paypal account is still up and running? If there were any sense of financial shenanigans by paypal as reported to them from other paypal customers, I would think they would shut down the service on that account?

As awful as sending him more money sounds, might be worth sending a buck to see what happens...

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You can send money to any email address through paypal. It doesn't have to be signed up for an account.

If the associated paypal account was suspended or locked, wouldn't it get kicked back?

#4189 4 years ago

The heighway "save the project" bit just sounds like spin to justify the delay in informing the victims. Save tge project my ass.....

#4330 4 years ago

Maybe a lawyer can comment? If the 200 approached Paypal as a group with this news that they were used to defraud ~200 people out of nearly a million dollars, might they be a bit more helpful than "it's been 180 days, tough shi*"?

This is still very bad publicity for them. It would look good on their part to at least try to help now that it is officially a scam.

Thoughts?

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

From reading the pinball news and blog post I have no doubt he had all intention of trying to build these things under the radar.

Is there any chance they will go after customers who knew he was doing this? I can certainly understand wanting it anyway you can get it vs losing $5K, but they are going to look him and his communications over with a fine toothed comb.

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just fyi
PayPal won't help you near as well as your CC

Absolutely! Hopefully many of you used Amex. They have been very good for me when I've had a problem with a purchase.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So my suspicion, based on some facts, some guesses, and some experience, is that any money he took from PayPal is still sitting there, untouched.

I hope you are right, but I think there was a lot of money spent. No f'n way that stay at home mom financed that house or used her own cash. Well I guess there are a couple ways, but I know the most likely way. Wonder if they bought a new car recently? How the hell have they been supporting themselves the last couple years? It ain't cheap supporting a family of 5.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In 10 years, what do you think the 3 Predator prototypes will be worth?

After the trial, they will probably be destroyed don't ya think?

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i just wanted to snap-shot that write-up in case it changes over time.

You may want to snap it somewhere else as well. Websites crash and lose data all the time.

#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

cmonman.PNG
#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be shocked Monday morning when he gets in the office to see all this waiting for him...

If Kevin has any f'n brains, he's checking this list against Tripadvisor right now

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22665099/countries-with-no-extradition-treaty-with-us

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hold on, didn't Whysnow himself say he'd been receiving these emails, the same info that we saw tonight?! And even with that, he still sat here for weeks arguing with everyone? Desperately hoping those first 10 games would get made so he would get his? Disgusting.

He, as well as a few others are probably busy deleting old posts and crossing their fingers for shi**y backups.

#4539 4 years ago

Zillow says it is worth well more than $28K. I know Zillow is not the be-all end-all of real estate pricing, but better than nothing......

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

exhibit a.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Taxable value isn't the same as real value, at least not where I live.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I really think he thought he could sneak it in under the radar. I really think he could have, if it didnt' take so damn long to get the games done. If he would have pulled it off in the first year, I really think it would have happened.

Let's say he did pull it off under the radar. He can wipe his website off the map, but now everyone is talking about their cool Predator pins. Bringing them to shows. Selling them. Creating mods. Making youtube videos. Fox ain't gonna find out ever huh? Who the hell would want that hanging over their head?

I do believe he started with the best intentions, in his own irrational and "got no problem lying" way, but to insist on that money after the C&D? What the hell? Is an insanity plea possible? It makes no sense.....

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

We can. Just stop acting like a bunch of lemmings and perpetuating this Pre-Order business model. That's how we stop it.

I think when a project this large comes through Pinside, the seller should be vetted and pertinent info stickied somewhere. I don't blame Pinside, but a cool head in a position of authority early on would have stopped this. Isn't that one of the things a mod is supposed to be? A hard lesson for all involved I think.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Mods are responsible for moderating threads on Pinside - that's all they signed up for. It's unreasonable and unfair to expect them to be accountable for assessing the validity of new projects.

A simple set of questions asked is all I'm suggesting. Hell, it could be made into an automated form. Maybe something like this?

What are you offering? What is the time frame?

What is your background/experience?

Have you ever built anything like this before?

Do you have IP rights? Please show us a copy so it can be stickied.

Do you have a business license? Please show us a copy so it can be stickied.

How is the money going to be handled? Can I get a refund at anytime?

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

The moderator team is here to do just like the name says, we moderate. We do not take sides, do not vet projects, vendors, etc. It's not a reasonable expectation to put on us, and not a hat we would be comfortable wearing. We are as neutral as possible.

Many online communities do have vendor rules. If this situation doesn't make the case for having some, I don't know what does. Even a car community I frequent has a registration form for vendors that asks for and verifies your business tax ID.

http://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/vendor.html

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's another thing I always wondered about. The companies making toppers that included licensed images - like Iron Man, etc - I see no way they have the IP rights to make those.

If the Pred story gets out there in a bigger way, don't be surprised if IP owners start taking a closer look at that.

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

This was my only question in the whole matter.......why side with Fox over people invested?

Because Fox knew who they were and the owners simply know their usernames at best?

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

2. How much money does Kevin have left

Quoted from fastpinball:

There are a lot of people who are out a lot of money.

This guy would know better than anyone else on this thread. I'd sure rather he said Kevin maintained a full time job and his spending habits didn't change much vs what was said.....

Researching other examples where business owners are bitching about large sums of money locked up by Paypal,it looks like after 180 days they release it no matter what. 180 days after the first $3K you have all the EOD activity. 180 days after final payment, new house purchase. Connect the dots......

#4878 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I just rang Paypal here in the UK. They gave me the brush off.

This guy tweeted the president of Paypal and got an escalation. What do you have to lose?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/1rkkd7/paypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

EmailFromKevin.png

Get him to message that via paypal arbitration/communication and it might be believable. If he refuses, I think you won't have to wait a few days to know the answer.

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I thought some CC's allowed up to a year? (Although, some of us paid over a year ago...so it may not matter).
Which CC company do you use?
Pete

Some do.

#5015 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

When the dust settles, it sounds like some credit card companies are (FAR) more accommodating than others... would be good to keep track of as people consider future purchases!

Amex is so easy to work with on shi* like this. I've never had a problem with a charge back through them.

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Oh man...would I re-pre-order this game if another MFR picked it up?
I'm one heck of an optimistic bastage, but I don't even know if I could stomach that.
Pete

If Stern picked it up just as it is, people would shout from the rooftops how awful it was.

#5063 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can she cast spells, curses, turn people into frogs?

I hear she is pretty good with the trust spell

#5088 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a religion, just like any other. I don't think it's cool to bring his wife into the conversation at all.
Disclaimer: No, I'm not one of them. I'm atheist.

You don't pull shi* like this without your wife knowing, especially given what we know about family involvement.

Maybe it makes me a bad guy, but if I asked you for some background and you told me you and your wife were practicing pagans and intolerant of any other beliefs, no way in hell would I send you $5K to build me anything.

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Let's see it.

No shi*. Upload it then. We know damn well it doesn't exist.

#5156 4 years ago

Go back and read Skit-B threads for the past year. Lots of reason to be suspicious and do some due diligence. Some did. Most didn't. But there were plenty of warnings. Anyone denying that needs to go back and read. Special arrangement with Paypal my ass. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Disappearing for months. Come on! And those ridiculous answers that sounded like something you would tell a 5 year old to get them to shut up and go to bed. Please don't try to blame others. Withholding info is BS, but strong signs were there.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

It took until 7/2/2014 to get my refunds

Probably coinciding with the final round of payments being unfrozen.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yup.
And as part of the post-mortem on this fiasco, I'd hope pinside itself would set some basic standards before they tacitly endorse an individual who will primarily use pinside to raise $1m......

That's a great idea. If you feel strongly enough about it, you should post it to the moderator feedback forum.

Look at this rage against the anonymous group. I believe they sent Pinside mods the allegations as well. Did Pinside warn anybody or even suggest some caution and prudence when things got sketchy? They apparently want to be a neutral party. At a time when any warning by an end user got skewered by others, a Pinside authority might have been the voice that was listened to. And yeah, I know some of them were victims too.

When you are a potential conduit to fraud of this scale, you have to have some rules regarding vendors. I don't blame Pinside, but to still insist on neutrality regarding something like this? I'll say it again, it never should have even remotely got as far as it did. Any one of many very simple questions would have stopped this project in its tracks until they were resolved. Would that have been much effort at all vs. the resulting fiasco?

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Again guys, this is no one else's fault but Kevin. Stop trying to blame others, I understand its a short deal and you want some action, but blaming the messenger or the paper they wrote on is silly don't you think?

Did you really read what I said? I'm not blaming them. I'm saying "learn from this".

This is mostly Kevin's fault. I think any consumer in this day and age who chooses to say "well, I'm just going to trust him", bears at least a little responsibility as well. At least when it comes to sending thousands to a guy with no proven track record of producing anything.

#5407 4 years ago

If that's what you meant, I'd rephrase your reply.

Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't blame Pinside

I'm not sure how to make this any clearer?

#5432 4 years ago

It's not mostly Kevin's fault it's all his fault, 100%.

You are standing in front of a large, deep pool of water. You don't know how to swim. A person you don't know tells you to jump in. You'll be fine they say. You jump in and after a few minutes drown. Who's fault is it?

#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Tell me thats not a good idea!

He will probably at some point make out like a bandit selling the movie rights.

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...like all those OTHER blockbuster pinball movies...

Far feebler stories have been sold. This story isn't even over. Hell, the movie doesn't even have to get made.

#5452 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yours...for not learning how to swim...

And who are the non-swimmers in this situation? This guys life is ruined. His family will likely suffer from this. Yes, he's a fool and yes he bears the brunt of the responsibility. He started and perpetuated the charade. But OMG look at the impact from that. And all of this could have been stopped with a couple simple questions.....

#5458 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

they do not give purple hearts for self-inflicted wounds....

I'm not defending him, but I see self-inflicted wounds on both sides. I'm aware of the fraud that occurs online every day. Apparently many savvy, successful Pinsiders with disposable income aren't.

#5470 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Naturally, we reached out to Kevin, but he would not respond to any of our inquiries.

Everyone, we know there are some allegations floating around. We can't determine if they are factual or not. We've asked Kevin for his response and he will not reply to any of our inquiries.

That statement from Pinside wouldn't have caught everyone's attention?

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

if you're really a scammer, it wouldn't be hard to fake some papers...

I can only imagine how ridiculous his fake papers would have read...

"I, Rupert Murdoch, give my best bud Kevin permission to build the awesomest Predator pin ever. Oh yeah, Arnie and Jessie are cool with it too."

#5489 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I hope you realize is what an IMPOSSIBLE situation we were all in.

Pete

I offered a very neutral statement that makes everyone aware of the 2 facts you did have. There were allegations and Kevin wasn't responding to Pinside's questions regarding them. It would have safely prompted most people to take notice if they hadn't already without showing favor to one or the other.

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Kevin had gone radio silent, and nobody knew why. It was a possibility that he was in the process of negotiating a last minute license deal, and we weren't about to post anything that could potentially cause a panic and kill the project without facts to back it up.

Conversely, it was a possibility that he was screwing everyone. It was a possibility the project needed to be killed. Where's the neutrality in the decision that was made to not say anything? Which did it favor, Kevin or the community?

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Again, you are basing all of these statements on the benefit of hindsight.

The statement I offered as an example required no hindsight.

#5581 4 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Judging from his last mail, he is still not owning up to this and making excuses.

The way he ended that last e-mail with "signing-off" makes me wonder if anyone will hear anything else from him again. Is that how he normally ended a message?

#5618 4 years ago

Wow! I really do sympathize. It's been a nightmare and still is. Wouldn't it be worthwhile though to ask a couple questions, if not to protect the community, to save you mods all the grief that goes along with a bad vendor?

You want to build 250 pins huh? What's your federal tax ID? "I don't have one..."

Show me your right to use the IP. "Well, I can't, but I really do have it."

At this point, they can get the f out of here and come back when they do have those things. Congratz! You just saved yourselves and everyone else a bunch of grief.

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Why don't you, as the consumer in defense of your own money, ask for those things if you're so concerned about them? Why do you think it is the job of volunteers on a free interweb site run on donations to do this for you?
Okay, I've beaten this horse fully to death, but wow, the level of entitlement of some people around here utterly floors me.

Did you read Blondetall's post? Did you read mine? Obviously not. Who the hell would want to deal with all that she described? Doing something simple with vendors at the start protects from a whole lot of pain later on for everyone including mods. I dare say just knowing there is some basic vetting process would scare any true scammers away.

Read. Think. Post.

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Your continued defense of this guy is inexplicable.

He's gaming for the movie rights.

I'd laugh my ass off if in the movie they did a scene where the original Predator guys posed for the playfield art while the mom drew it.

#5655 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

OT: I'm in Australia right now and Arnie is doing real estate website ads:
» YouTube video

The way things are going for his career he might be willing to star in the movie....

#5670 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

You think there's some basic boilerplate that will filter out scammers, and that's tremendously naive.

Yeah, I think so. Kevin was easy enough to filter out. Really don't think I'm the naive one here.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Half the people who make customs or small runs of mods would be forced out. Or maybe they're in a special category not held to the same standards?

Do they have a proven track record? If so, they're good right?

Quoted from jonnyo:

But wait, mod maker X has made a hundred of those, are they now in the "big boy" category?

Do you have a history of producing product? Was that hard?

Quoted from jonnyo:

Oh wait, all the Euros say vendor X screwed them but all the US customers are happy, and they have all the proper paperwork. Scam, or not?

Scam for the Euro guys it would seem. Could that be a warning in the vendor description? Hmm???

Quoted from jonnyo:

"How can Pinside tacitly endorse company X without a copy of their financials? They're drowning in debt, I tell ya!"

Standard disclaimer. This info is not an endorsement. Use at your own discretion.

Quoted from jonnyo:

So I will leave you now in your world where the bad guys tick a check-box that says "I'm legit" and you get all warm and fuzzy inside that your money is safe.

I'm not sure how you get the impression that's what I think. Wayne with MMR. Kevin with Predator. If it happens again, I guess we as a community just do the same thing we did before huh?

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

In his defense, it literally took the smartest man in the world to overcome such a system in idiocracy, and had he not, the world of 2505 would never have seen Not Sure escape from prison and go on to solve their crop crisis with toilet water and follow Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho as President of these great United States.

I about fell out of my chair laughing

#5682 4 years ago

This thread needs a t-shirt....

#5733 4 years ago

Ordered 1 with Paypal (funded by Amex) If my wife can drop $60 on t-shirts for a crummy B-52s concert, I feel entitled ......

Thanks Matt!

#5735 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Wonder how Kev will split these up amongst all his Predator victims?
http://www.skitbpinball.com/#!store/c1cfx

I think those will be very popular at the Wicca conventions

#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm confused why there is still bickering going on.. I mean.. the facts have been revealed, right?

It's an elaborate diversion to allow Kevin more time to get out of town.

#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

He lives in Michigan, im sure there are people in this close by. I know I've thought about driving out there but im a long way away and im not so sure what knocking on his door will accomplish. Im giving him this last deadline to refund my money and if it doesn't happen Ill proceed with a suit.

I think it would be worth a drive by just to see if he got the hell out of Dodge. I will be really surprised if he stayed put. He's lost his hobby. He didn't have a real job. He faces the possibility of prison time no matter what. He's sitting on a pile of cash. He makes bad decisions.

What's that guy gonna do? He's gonna try to disappear. I hope I'm wrong.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Notice the back box art is another straight rip-off of dvd art. How did this stuff not bother you guys at the time??

Try these on and take another look. Pic shamelessly lifted from PurpleDrillMonkey.....

skitbgoggles.PNG
#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yep, but I doubt that the Mythbusters guy showed up for free at California Extreme last year.

Check this out....

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/MythBusters/4552

#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sure he has spoken to his lawyer and the advice was most likely pay these people back ASAP.

Looking at the last e-mail from him and reading what he supposedly said in a phone conversation with a customer about paying the money back in full and not having a business license, would a lawyer approve either of those communications? I just don't think so. As others have said, I think a lawyer is going to tell him to say nothing. If the money was there, I think they'd advise "don't say anything and refund the f'n money ASAP".

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

assuming his accounting is anywhere close to being in order, this should be a very short and easy process...

I suspect that would be a huge assumption.

#5913 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Maybe Kevin can just cover himself in mud to hide
images.jpg

Or move to Alaska and make a pitch to Christo on Goldrush. It would be Team Christians led by Todd vs. Team Pagans led by Kevin. Both must find a thousand ounces of gold this season......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 209.99
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside