Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#777 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I found a couple other pics from the nerdiest hotel room at the Chicago Expo last year. While most everyone else was partying upstairs with Dutch Pinball we were deep into hardware and software on EoD. The game's art package had not yet been cleared for public display so we had to sneak it in and out. It gave many folks working on the game in ways big and small a first chance to see it privately.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I hate to take this thread off track, but bringing eod to expo and only letting a few select individuals know about it was a missed opportunity. I would have liked to see it, but didnt find out it was here in an undisclosed location until after expo. Were people invited to see it? If anything it would have showcased some of the FAST electronics put together in a real world application. How is it being programmed? In what environment?

1 year later
#11301 7 years ago

Even if you could acquire the parts, playfield, ramps and plastics and could assemble a game, you wouldn't be able to drive it without the software and the machine configs. I don't see this ever happening, and that's probably a good thing. It's interesting from a pinball history that one full game survived but I think we've seen the last of any public displays.

Good luck to all of the victims. I truly hope justice is served.

Quoted from cfh:

There's no predators to end up with. There's just black #1 which Kevin doesn't even have possession of anymore (it's on loan to a guy in Chicago, so says rumors), and the sole production predator #2 which Tim has. and I can't see tim ever selling it.
That said there are parts to make a predator, but not enough parts (as discussed earlier, ramps are the major stumbling block.) as for the parts, many were given to people that worked with Kevin. A lot of these guys took parts with them when they left the project because Kevin didn't have any money to pay them. So they ended up with miscellaneous oddities. Kevin probably still has some things like all the back alley creation parts (since it appears they delivered all those parts in full for the entire project.) but a lot of parts are in very short supply, like say playfields and plastics, as only a test run of those was produced.
Making a predator is no easy task either. It is extremely complex and would take a lot of time and knowledge. What I heard it took Kevin three weeks full time to make predator #2. I'm not quite sure how he would've kicked out 200+ games, as it could've taken close to forever to get it all done, unless he really streamlined things. like what spooky pinball does. Of course Kevin was hand making the complete wiring harness, which is probably the biggest time suck in the whole project.
To the people that have playfields and plastics, I'm not quite sure why they have them. I know they all have dreams of making their own predator. But to be honest, I don't really see this is a feasible option unless you really know a lot about pinball in general. And have lots of tools and patience. The bill of material costs, minus the playfield and plastics, is about $2500 (proc boards and computer and dmd and power supplies (four or five of them) compromise a good chunk of that number). That just get you started and you haven't even gotten the playfield, plastics or ramps yet. It's doable but not for the faint of heart.

6 months later
#12897 7 years ago

Maybe for a large run, but I highly doubt a major license for 250 games could have been gotten for $20 a game. It wouldn't be worth the fox licensors time for 5K.

Quoted from vid1900:

Sharpe said last year that a top dollar license for a game was $20.
(WWE probably was $2, lol)

1 year later
#18138 5 years ago

Wow the guy that traded the pirates got screwed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.