Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithinmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8792 8 years ago

If any Predator buyer is interested in starting a class-action lawsuit in Michigan, I am a practicing attorney here in Michigan and would discuss the matter with you, at no charge for the initial consultation. Please feel free to private message me here, and I will give you my contact information.

I see MCPA violations, fraud, and several other counts that could be raised.

#8805 8 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

At this stage do we require an attorney to act as a collection agency?
I think Kevin's attorney is already charged with this task (processing refunds to customers).

That is what I do. Collect money for people. Would be happy to step in and tighten the thumbscrews on them to pay.

#8807 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure Zane D. Smith esq. is still available, he's in the proximity of all of this shit and might even give you a bulk Jpop discount.
Where is this Dbag SquatB now?

Zane is not licensed to practice in Michigan. However, I am.

#8808 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

In other words. Even if you win a court case good luck collecting it. Not the first time I have heard this. Unreal.

I collect money for people. Including Judgments for other lawyers, other lawyers' legal fees due them, Judgments for individuals, all of it. While luck has some bearing, I like to thing it's my due diligence, highly competent support staff, and tenacity that collects money for my clients.

#8810 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do you have a website?

me? Yes, I do. If you PM me, I'll send it to you. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post it publicly. If the ops say it's ok, I will post it.

#8815 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Pinside is an online community. We see links all the time.
Please feel free to provide a link to your website.
If it helps just one Predator buyer get a refund, then it will have served its purpose.
Marcus

my website is www.nathanson-law.com

Check me out, feel free to call/email me, and then hire me to get your money back.

#8941 8 years ago

My advice: If you haven't received a refund, start a lawsuit and get a judgment and collect it while there's still something to collect. I've seen those kind of "pending" payments from people who have told me that they've "sent" money to me and then the pending transaction gets cancelled b/c there is no money in the paypal account.

My offer is still out there - anyone interested in being more legally proactive, feel free to contact me on here, or on my website www.nathanson-law.com and I'll get moving on it right away.

If we get a group of people, I can analyze filing a class-action lawsuit against all of the actors involved.

K

#8984 8 years ago

Just an FYI. I checked the Michigan Department of Consumer Services (affectionately referred to as LARA [licensing and regulatory affairs]). There is no "SkitB" registered as a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or limited liability partnership. Additionally, as far as my research shows, there is not even a filing in the county where Kevin lives where he's registered SkitB Pinball as an assumed name of himself (or of anyone else).

I did some further digging (because I have friends in low places) [feeble attempt at humor], and there is no 501(c)(3) application in place for Kevin or SkitB Pinball at the IRS, as far as I've found.

#9246 8 years ago

Just to bring it back to top of mind:

I am a practicing lawyer in Michigan and would be happy to give a free phone consult with any Predator "investor" about their rights/remedies, and of course happy to represent them to assist in recovery of their monies.

I am currently representing Clients in the matter and have had contact with Mr. Kulek's lawyer, and am quite aware of what is going on.

www.nathanson-law.com
248-436-4833 x 111
Keith Nathanson

2 weeks later
#9311 8 years ago

I am just checking in. I believe I have contacted back each and every one of you that has either called me or sent a 'feedback form' from my law office website. If I have missed someone, please accept my apologies as it has not been intentional at all. The calls and emails from this weekend have all been returned (I am typically not in the office on Saturday or Sunday).

Russo121 if you emailed me, I don't see your email. Please feel free to PM me here or call/email at my office website/office phone/office email and I will be happy to discuss your matter with you.

Keith

#9312 8 years ago

Bump if you haven't contacted me yet:

Just to bring it back to top of mind:
I am a practicing lawyer in Michigan and would be happy to give a free phone consult with any Predator "investor" about their rights/remedies, and of course happy to represent them to assist in recovery of their monies.
I am currently representing Clients in the matter and have had contact with Mr. Kulek's lawyer, and am quite aware of what is going on.
http://www.nathanson-law.com
248-436-4833 x 111
Keith Nathanson

#9317 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Even the Frenchs?
PM sent - emailed you on June 26 - no answer.

PM sent to you Crash.

#9318 8 years ago

Can someone provide me with a link to the post(s) by VirtuaPin about the licensing status of the Predator pinball machine. I'm not interested in what SkitB posted, but rather what ViruaPin was writing in the groups.

Thanks

#9352 8 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

thanks for posting this! This helps the cause.

#9353 8 years ago

roll forward to the 37:45 mark. how interesting.............

2 weeks later
#9377 8 years ago

For all of your consumption:

I received an email from Jon Emaus yesterday, and he advised me that he is no longer representing Kevin Kulek and SkitB Pinball.

I'm surmising (probably correctly), that those of you who were waiting to hear from him about a refund or some other redress for your deposits will not hear from him.

#9383 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

phone calls can burn through a lot of cash with zero progress. How much is a billable hour? Lets say $200. billed in 15 min increments..

<----substantially more than $200 an hour, but I bill in .1 increments

#9407 8 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

» YouTube video
roll forward to the 37:45 mark. how interesting.............

For all of you people too nauseated to watch the clown-act, I'll quote at 37:45 (this was from NWPAS 2013 show)

"Once we got the Predator license *legitimately*.....".

People should watch when they open their mouths.

#9408 8 years ago

And oh, by the way, Kevin and Aaron, if you're lurking and reading these posts, feel free to call my office. Would LOVE to have a conversation with you since you're not represented by Counsel anymore.

#9411 8 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Go Get 'em Keith~!

I always take good care of my clients.....

1 week later
#9425 8 years ago

Again, I'll bump my offer for anyone who would like to speak with me about SkitB/Kulek and find out what your remedies under Michigan law might be, I'm happy to give you a free consultation on the matter.

3 weeks later
#9429 8 years ago

If anyone had any contact with either the Midland County Sheriff's Department, the Michigan Attorney General, or the FBI, if you could pass me along the name and phone number/address of the people you spoke with, I'd be grateful.

1 week later
#9546 8 years ago

For those of you who have not yet called me to discuss your rights and options (and for those of you that have):

I just had a *very interesting* and highly beneficial discussion with the chief IP counsel at Twentieth Century Fox that I'd be happy to share what details of it I can with you. My belief it is that it is extraordinarily helpful.

Feel free to contact me to discuss your rights/options. For anyone with whom I haven't spoken (and even those that I have but am not currently representing), I'm happy to give you a free consultation so that you can make an informed decision about what to do.

Keith

1 week later
#9554 8 years ago

does anyone have the videos besides the one I posted of Kevin Kulek or anyone related to SkitB talking about the Predator project?
I have the NWPAS 2013 video downloaded and saved on my computer already.

thanks!

#9572 8 years ago

If any of you are still on the fence who paid a deposit for the Predator game, I am currently representing several people in active litigation and would be happy to discuss your rights with you in a free consultation. Free free to email me here, and I'll give you my office email and telephone number (and probably my cell phone number too).

I wouldn't wait. It's my belief there's only a limited window of opportunity.

#9573 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Been out of the loop on this discussion for a while. Anyone keeping track of how many people have been refunded (at least partially) and how many have yet to recoup a dime? I didn't see any posts in the last few pages of this thread about any new developments so I'm assuming nobody has had any word with Whit (email, phone, whatever)?
Keith(inMI) ... can you comment on roughly how many people have contacted you to secure your representation and can you comment at all on any new developments?

there are 19 or 20 active lawsuits, with more on the way.

#9631 8 years ago

Just so y'all know. I did read the other thread and I am *very grateful for all the calls, emails, text messages and other forms of communication regarding Mr. Kulek's appearance at the NC pinball show, as well as the appearance of yet another Predator machine sold by Kevin to someone. My Client's suits are moving well and I expect their pace to accelerate after this weekend.

With respect to the sold machines, I have started the appropriate gears turning in the eight-thousand pound gorilla.

Running to North Carolina isn't going to help Mr. Kulek one bit.

I've read about the FBI and U.S. Marshall Service -- they are fantastic at finding people. Hell - they U.S. government found Osama Bin Laden hiding in a safe house.....

#9717 8 years ago

In Michigan (and I'm surmising most jurisdictions), a thief cannot pass title of something to someone. That's first-year law school teachings. To think otherwise would be to say that if for example, someone steals a band's new album, that you can then burn it to cd's or put it on a flash drive and then sell it because since you have it you must "own" it since it's in your possession

#9770 8 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Would love to get an IP check on that

Mods/Ops, can you please check the IP for "Pinrebel" and lmk what it is in a private mail please

#9772 8 years ago
Quoted from generica:

As for fox chasing down a single Predator game, i dont see it happening.
I

Wanna make a wager on that?

1 week later
#9961 8 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the link for filing complaints with the Michigan Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office is:

https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer.aspx

The link to the main page, which describes the process is:

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html

There is no charge to file a complaint with the CPD. The form is easy to fill out and does not take an inordinate amount of time.

#9972 8 years ago

I must comment.

Today, based upon things I have reviewed today (in my office -- not on Pinside, and certainly not as an affront to anyone on Pinside), I have had to redefine in my small little noggin', the definition of stupidity. I am actually beside myself and have had to look at what I received a few times, thinking that maybe I slipped into a really bad episode of the Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

I am quite beside myself but then again, I suppose my profession relies on the stupidity of people.

#9979 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi Keith
I'd like to offer you a free security upgrade for your computer. Just send me your password and I'll take it from there.
DyeN2no, Inc.

My password for my computer is "Zyzzlyxxnx87452##&&!". Is that all you needed?

1 month later
#10103 8 years ago

I believe I've updated everyone as to what is going on. Remember, if you're my Client you are always welcome to call me anytime you'd like an update. I am never too busy to talk to my Clients.

6 months later
#10908 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I had a good conversation with a the bankruptcy court and then a bankruptcy attorney in Bay City, MI, on Friday. Basically, Kevin is screwing each person out of their 5k by filing chapter 7. Sure, you can object to the discharge of the debt by filing an Adversary Proceeding. There's a $350 filing fee and a new suit is initiated. You're going to court again. The attorney advised that the 5k would be more than eaten up by his fees. So, it ain't worth it. Now, if 10 or 15 victims got together and were all represented collectively, then it might (and I emphasize) be remotely plausible. However, even if the debt is not discharged, if he has no money he has no money. I see it as spending more good money chasing after bad money.
And this adversary proceeding is simply for objecting to the discharge of the debt. It isn't for recovering any money back. I think we all need to accept that the money is gone and will not be recouped. My hope and prayers lie on Keith's criminal proceedings. I'll get some satisfaction seeing them in jail.
I'm watching the court calendar and looking forward to seeing what develops.

You should call me Duane and discuss it.

#10910 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Why do you want to be called Duane??? I thought your name is Keith.

two shows - 7 & 9? come early for the best seating?

1 month later
#11534 7 years ago

Y'all are so reactionary and hot.

I don't chime in much here but thought I'd share a quote from my favorite show (of late):

** Winter is coming, John Snow **

#11546 7 years ago

мы не говорят по-английски здесь

2 weeks later
#11557 7 years ago

Well, I'm pleased to announce that as of today --

Winter is here, John Snow.

Please feel free to PM me for details, if you are so inclined.

#11558 7 years ago

Or perhaps in a more Poltergeist fashion, for the non-GoT people:

Быть испуганным. Будьте очень боятся.

#11561 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope it is good news.

Good for most. Most unfortunate for a select few.

#11612 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Has anyone heard from Keith. In the last 6 months I've emailed 6 times to him and his assistants, called twice and pm him yesterday. Never get a response back.

I'm here and responding to everyone. Please call me at my office at your convenience. 248-894-3911 x 111.

#11613 7 years ago

I will sign copies of item 13 or 14 so you can have your own collectible item from the case.

Only $10 for an autographed copy!

(by the way if you don't get that this is just humor, then I am telling you now, it is)

#11614 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's the claim of course. Would sure like to see those transcripts though to see how that is actually asked/answered though. What lawyer would allow their client to actually say that??

you should get a copy of the initial §341 meeting of creditors, at which I conducted 25 minutes or so of questioning of Kevin. You would be *astounded* at his answers.

Note that I have his deposition transcript from the state cases, and will just say that as a trial lawyer and litigator for just about 28 years, my job is to locate and flesh out inconsistencies.

I would also suggest, if you'd like a good read, that you obtain a copy of his bankruptcy petition and look at his answers in Schedule I (income), Schedule J (expenses), his Schedule B (list of assets), and Statement of Financial Affairs (SOFA).

#11615 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Kevin Kulek has already filed for bankruptcy, so he is the debtor in the bankruptcy case. There is a Trustee appointed in the bankruptcy case (Randall Frank), and he is working on behalf of the creditors of the estate (e.g., unpaid vendors, customers who paid deposits but never received pinball machines). The bankruptcy filing was a voluntary Chapter 7 petition, which (for honest debtors) is typically a straight liquidation that wipes out all debts and provides the debtor with a "fresh start" post-bankrutpcy. Fortunately for many people here in this thread, not all debts can be discharged in bankruptcy. One specific example of a non-dischargeable debt is one obtained by false pretenses, false representations, or fraud.
In the bankruptcy court filing posted above, the Trustee petitioned the judge to name Keith Nathanson (KeithinMI here on Pinside) as Special Litigation Counsel to pursue causes of action that might provide a recovery to the creditors of the estate. The filing mentions a $30,000 transfer allegedly used by Kevin to pay for real estate (his residence), where the property was allegedly titled in his wife's name to avoid creditor claims.
The Trustee's filing occurred two weeks ago, and Keith's comments yesterday imply that the judge was either about to rule, or has already ruled, in the Trustee's favor, naming Keith as Special Litigation Counsel working for the Trustee on behalf of the estate. This could greatly bolster the Trustee's ability to recover proceeds for creditors, and that could be bad news for Kevin's hope for a debt-free, "fresh start" post-bankruptcy (i.e., "Winter is here, John Snow.").
PS - I'm not a lawyer, but I have logged thousands of billable hours in bankruptcy cases over the last two decades working as a financial advisor for financially distressed businesses. And I *never* stay in a Holday Inn Express!

1. Check docket item number 14 - Order from Court authorizing me.
2. Please review 11 USC §523 for list of items which can be excepted from discharge.
3. Please review 11 USC §727 regarding discharge of a debtor.

#11626 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How does somebody find this?

The site to access Federal Court records (including bankruptcy court) is called PACER. Public Access to Court Electronic Records.

Link: https://www.pacer.gov/login.html

You have to have an account linked to a credit card/debit card as they charge $0.10 per page to retrieve records. I am not sure if looking a docket for a case is free.

I have both PACER access, as well as CM/ECF access (for filing).

Case is 16-21030-dop (Judge David Opperman)

#11627 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'll PayPal you $10 for signed copies of both docs posted to NZ .. They can hang on the wall next to my JPOP artwork.
PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you the Bucks! Seriously!
rd

My first fan-boy! Hooray! I see big bucks in my future. At least $20 worth. Beer is on me.

#11628 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

... I have no idea what this 2004 examination means. ...

The following are a few examples of criminal violations of federal law:

1. Bankruptcy Fraud
2. Income Tax Evasion
3. Lying to a federal agent during an investigation
4. Obstructing a federal investigation
5. Obstruction of justice
6. RICO (racketeering)
7. Conspiracy
8. Wire/Mail Fraud

#11654 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

We're talking tens of thousands here.

Keep going.....

#11658 7 years ago

New docket item: #16.

#11661 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There is a document from the court with a list of names and amounts if someone wants to get the exact number.

That's only what's been disclosed by the Debtor, and it's accuracy is only as good as the Debtor's truthfulness and records.

By my estimations the Schedule F is off by a factor of 2

#11662 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If there was aprox $300k-$400K taken and $30K paid for a house....where is the rest??

Triple that.

#11749 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

H You're not missing much other than a bunch of land whales in lingerie and girly talk. Here's a couple screen grabs.

not my taste but thanks.

#11750 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe he invented inserts that say "Mode" on them.

I had heard he invented the button in front that says "start" on it

#11761 7 years ago

Update: Docket #18

#11781 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Found on the "Community Board" at the Family Fare Supermarket in Standish, Michigan

Can someone please identify the Bally pin that this card is on, please.

3 weeks later
#11805 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Apparently they never got the license............Joey

apparently?? lol

#11810 7 years ago

Pinconning is a real city. They are (sort of) known for their cheese. It's good, but not as good as the cheese you can get from the Rudyard Cheese Factory up in the upper peninsula.

1 week later
#11863 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone familiar with ZZZZ Best? That is exactly why no one should believe anything Kevin says or produces, that isn't an official document, i.e. - bank statements.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Minkow

you have me wondering just how long before someone starts a Wiki on this......

#11888 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Almost assuredly. With few exceptions (e.g. student loans), outstanding debts don't survive the bankruptcy process, so everyone he owes money to including credit card debt, car loans, outstanding mortgages, the IRS, etc. is in line for their share of whatever assets are in the bankruptcy estate.

Debts that are excepted from discharge under one of the provisions of 11 USC §523 survive the discharge.
Please see https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/523 and you may want to read (a)(2)(A & B), (a)(4), and (a)(6)

Note that to preserve a claim so that it is *not* discharged ('excepted' from discharge), an adversary complaint has to be filed to assert the rights, since exception from discharge based upon (a)(2), (a)(4), or (a)(6) is not 'automatic' and the right to have it excepted must be asserted, else it is waived.

Note that debtors who are denied a discharge under 11 USC §727 do not have their debts discharged.
See https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/727
You may wish to read (a)(2,3,4,5,6,7); (c)(1,2); (d)(1,2,3,4)

You may contact me at my office or in a PM for further details.

4 weeks later
#11974 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm a bit torn. I agree the lawyer seems to be doing a good job, but as far as I know, he's the only one who's gotten any money.

I call for a fact-check on your information. I'll bet it's incorrect.

3 weeks later
#11999 7 years ago

It just goes on and on......

#12000 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There's been a new document, number 28.
The judge has ordered Kevin to show up at Keith's office on Nov 15th, at 9am for a §2004(b) examination. He must also submit a ton of documentation. Basically everything there is.
The PDF, which anyone can download for free from Pacer, is attached.
I googled the §2004(b) examination, and this seemed to explain it well: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-is-2004-examination-bankruptcy.html

You may check the most recent filing to see what happened today.

3 weeks later
#12047 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hi all... My PACER alert just supplied the "Motion to Compel Debtor to Attend §2004(b) Examination" which Kevin skipped on Nov. 16 and is now (once the motion is approved) on for Dec. 16.
Reading it almost makes me feel bad for the guy in terms of how completely over his head he must be... it includes a request for a laundry list of the type of business documents and statements that you would expect a normal legitimate business to keep.
However, Kulek is probably scratching his head (or, more likely, dry heaving) not just because he probably does not have the requested documents, but likely does not even know what they are (and never kept these sorts of records in the first place).
Anyway, long story short he is not cooperating (see image below). If anyone wants to post the full document here (via shared G-Drive or DropBox or whatever) send me a PM and I will email it to you.

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date on the docs!

#12048 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

It does not matter if he does. The local police departments will not hold a prisoner on a civil warrant even if they find him on the road and are notified of it via the LEIN system. They will remind him of the warrant and send him on his way. The only civil warrants they hold anyone one are non payment of child support. They have been to low on manpower for years to hold anyone on civil warrants.

This is completely different when you are dealing with the Federal Courts. The Federal Courts use the U.S. Marshall's service who are neither short-staffed, nor under the budgetary restraints of the state. The U.S. Marshalls do *not* fool around. Once there is an order issued by a United States District Court, IIRC, it is enforceable throughout the United States. I also believe it gets recorded on the LEIN system in Michigan (and analogs in other states).

#12067 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Where are you getting this information from? I'm not doubting it at all, just curious. I mean I see it in the info above but where and how did you come across it?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

It's all accurate, John.

#12084 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I bet he does show up. He did already show up for one long deposition with Keith previously, right? So, I do think he will show but I just don't think he will be any more forthcoming.

you owe a payout on all those bets.

#12115 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well we already saw it.. he is asking the court to find Kevin in contempt of the court and issue a warrant to bring him in and detain him.
Which would mean the next question is.. when/how/why do the Marshals actually go out and try to execute a warrant like this for a non-violent criminal. Or do we have to wait until he crosses the law and someone runs his name.

The United States Marshall is not a government agency to be trifled with.

#12119 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well we already saw it.. he is asking the court to find Kevin in contempt of the court and issue a warrant to bring him in and detain him.
Which would mean the next question is.. when/how/why do the Marshals actually go out and try to execute a warrant like this for a non-violent criminal. Or do we have to wait until he crosses the law and someone runs his name.

I would suggest you review docket item #34 in the file to see what the Court decided to do. Perhaps some fine person on here with PACER access would like to put it up in this thread.

#12180 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wouldn't the US Marshals actively pursue a warrant, unlike the situation you describe with local cops?

I have only had 1, maybe 2 scenarios like this in my nearly 30 years practice of law. (Most normal people would never think to disobey an order of a court flagrantly and intentionally.) However, the last time a United States District Court/Bankruptcy Court (same 'level' of Court), issued an order of contempt and had the U.S. Marshalls involved, they were rather expedient in their efforts to apprehend and detain the party.

2 weeks later
#12585 7 years ago

18 days x $500 a day - $9000 in sanctions due so far

2 weeks later
#12985 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

What?!!! 6 days have gone by and no comments on this thread! This is my favorite one on all of Pinside. It's like reading a detective book with ongoing episodes.
I'm just bumping in hopes someone remembers to update this thing.

Ok. It's Friday. Which means, in my world, only 2 more work days left in the week after today!

#13324 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm listening in pieces during commercials while the ole lady watches her show. This is killing me it is so good.
Mr. Nathenson should never have to buy a beer at a pinball event - EVER

I'm going to take you up on that!

#13325 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Can any pinside lawyers explain what Keith meant when he said that Kevin's lawyer was likely filing an "AP" on this case? Does that have something to do with why Kevin can't get a hold of his lawyer?

Not Kevin's lawyer. There are more parties/entities involved.

#13327 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

loving the the lawyer on the phone - he's superb!

I'm the lawyer on the phone.

#13329 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

loving the the lawyer on the phone - he's superb!

I
Does a new Tag Heuer watch matter?

Do you have information which needs to be shared with me?

#13330 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How long before "Pinball Accoutrements" surpasses "$10k by Christmas" as one of the most quoted Pinside phrases ever?!

That is my copyrighted phrase. I am charging $3.22 per use. Please feel free to PayPal me every time someone says it or types it!

#13331 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How long before "Pinball Accoutrements" surpasses "$10k by Christmas" as one of the most quoted Pinside phrases ever?!

That is my copyrighted phrase. I am charging $3.22 per use. Please feel free to PayPal me every time someone says it or types it!

Quoted from DennisK:

Tried to but had no luck. He said he has a hearing in Henry County, Ohio on 1/26. So, first I checked with the Henry County Clerk of Courts here: http://www.henrycountyohio.com/clerk.htm
His name did not show in a party search of the various case types they track online. I also went ahead and pulled the court schedule for 1/26, and there's only one case listed (I'll attach an image of the listing). Don't know, maybe he knows a party to the case. Maybe something else.
Also went and checked with the City of Napoleon, which is in the county and was mentioned by him as well in explaining the location (seemed more of a long-shot). Napoleon Municipal Court: http://www.napoleonmunicipalcourt.com/recordSearch.php
Again, no luck with his name showing up in that system. I also pulled the 1/26 hearings and read them all (in case maybe a typo on the name), but nothing really seemed to fit. However, there are some hearings listed that do not have names (yet) provided, all of which are traffic cases. So maybe one of them.
Anyway, best I could come up with.

Did you try searching his wife's name?

#13334 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from DennisK:

Tried to but had no luck. He said he has a hearing in Henry County, Ohio on 1/26. So, first I checked with the Henry County Clerk of Courts here: http://www.henrycountyohio.com/clerk.htm
His name did not show in a party search of the various case types they track online. I also went ahead and pulled the court schedule for 1/26, and there's only one case listed (I'll attach an image of the listing). Don't know, maybe he knows a party to the case. Maybe something else.
Also went and checked with the City of Napoleon, which is in the county and was mentioned by him as well in explaining the location (seemed more of a long-shot). Napoleon Municipal Court: http://www.napoleonmunicipalcourt.com/recordSearch.php
Again, no luck with his name showing up in that system. I also pulled the 1/26 hearings and read them all (in case maybe a typo on the name), but nothing really seemed to fit. However, there are some hearings listed that do not have names (yet) provided, all of which are traffic cases. So maybe one of them.
Anyway, best I could come up with.

Did you try searching his wife's name?

Quoted from Nibbles:

There's the problem right there.
He is lying, like always.

That is going to be dealt with.

#13335 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

"Recalcitrant and flippant..." This whole audio update is Internet Fuc*ing Gold! I am entertained.

Yet another one of my copyrighted phrases !!

I love the english language. It is the most fascinating thing. That's why I constant work on my vocabulary and new, fun words.

#13339 7 years ago

My favorite response from Mr. Kulek in that hearing:
"Mr. Kulek do you know why you're here today?"
"I understand you're seeking exclamation from me"

#13345 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While I'm sure that's been enforced frequently enough, I've personally never heard of a bankruptcy court utliziling that tool.

I have. The US DOJ regularly prosecutes people for bankruptcy fraud. It's a serious felony and comes with real jail time and *big* fines.

correction: **prison** time in a Federal Penetentiary

#13352 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's just pillow talk.

Not pillow talk. Serious stuff. Bankruptcy fraud is serious business. At least in the Eastern District of Michigan.

#13353 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I don't have a stake in this, but am happy that someone is fighting on behalf of those that do.
I noticed that you at one time had a PotC. If you still do, I'd be happy to send you an airball deflector that I created which allows for removal of the giant blocky sneezeguard around the ship and other "accoutrements" - free of charge - just to say thanks for all the other Pinsiders going through this. If interested, send me a PM.

That's very kind of you and I appreciate it greatly. Thank you, sincerely.

#13380 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Anyone else get the newest mezel mod email last night lol.

I'm touched. Now I'm a celebrity. Would the mods please change my username on here to:

PinballAccoutrements

#13381 7 years ago

I wish I could create pictures, I'd do a visual of "Got Accoutrements?"

#13390 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and posted like the last? unlikely.. since none of the other meetings/sessions have been. The last one only was recorded because Keith wasn't there in person. Presumably because the Marshals didn't check his calendar before deciding to pickup Kevin that day

Court proceedings are always recorded. Most of the time in bankruptcy matters, they are made part of the docket in the manner this one was.
2004(b) exams are typically done with a court reporter and while recorded to be transcribed, unless the transcript is ordered, it would not typically become public record like the recording of the court proceeding.
Any Court proceeding that may occur on Friday will be recorded and I would surmise, be available on PACER.

#13471 7 years ago

take a look at item #44. That's the best news so far.

K
Mr. Accoutrement
"I am Legend"

#13475 7 years ago

item number 45 is yet even more fun and worthy of another fine PinSide drinking game.

K
Mr. Accoutrement
"I am Legend"

#13497 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

A discharge denial doesn't stop your bankruptcy case. The trustee may continue to sell your nonexempt assets to pay off your creditors. You lose your nonexempt property as well as your chance to discharge your debts. Even worse, if you lie to the trustee or creditors, fines or jail time are possible for fraud.

This is accurate. The 11 USC 727 a 10 is a stipulated denial of discharge as opposed to a lawsuit filed within the bankruptcy (adversary proceeding) seeking a denial of discharge. A denial of discharge means that any debts due and owing (listed or not) in the bankruptcy case cannot be discharged.

#13500 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Is that when he originally filed for bankruptcy?
Seems reasonable that if he was trying to file to resolve claims prior to that date, that claims subsequent to that date should not be relevant.

Post-petition debts (debts incurred after filing) would not be discharged in any bankruptcy proceeding.

K
Mr. Accoutrement
"I am Legend"

#13501 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Sure, not a lawyer, but here you go:
1) Kevin's bankruptcy case was discharged and denied, so he's still personally liable for the debts to you guys and anyone else.
2) However he has likely avoided seeing the inside of a jail cell for bankruptcy fraud.
3) Other motions to collect on the debt in civil court will likely continue.

1. accurate
2. incorrect
3. not until the automatic stay (11 USC 362) is lifted or terminated.

#13508 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Theresa May made an error today. When she said the Queen had invited Mr Trump for a State Visit later in the year, she did in fact mean Mr Nathanson

I wish. I would love the opportunity to meet QE.

K
Mr. Accoutrement
"I am Legend"

#13750 7 years ago

a 727(a)(10) stipulated denial of discharge does not 'dismiss' the bankruptcy petition. In a case with a denial of discharge, the Trustee is still charged with administering the Estate of the debtor and gathering non-exempt assets for benefit of the estate (creditors).

#13751 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

This is another example of where terminology in a bankruptcy case can get confusing. ...

Quite deft description of everything for the layperson. Well done.

#13753 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Starting at the one hour mark was pure gold. Loved Keith's laser-like precision in asking the important questions and how he left Kevin speechless and stuttering to come up with, "I don't know" and "I believe so..."

coming up into my 29th year of trial experience--

I had no idea the Judge was going to go into the area of income. As such, I had nothing prepared for that avenue of questioning. That was all done 'off-the-cuff'.

Legend....

#13756 7 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

*daft = deft?
Sorry, not trying to be a grammar Nazi, I was just a bit confused on the first read. I assume you are not being sarcastic.

deft is correct. bad typing on my behalf. corrected

#13774 7 years ago

does "middle truth" = "alternative facts"?

#13775 7 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

What ever happened to the memorialized TZ he brought to mpe a few years back?

Please explain - this is new to me, and I have not previously heard anything about it.

#13842 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you know a "convocation" is a group of Eagles?

Would that be like Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner in a room together?

Maybe in a room at the Hotel California??

#13849 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And yelled to "Stop the fucking witchhunt." He friends seemed upset for her, and there were like some emoticons of crying or some shit. Jesus that's pretty much what i though that shit site was.

One of her friends asked if they should go "mess somebody up". Don't worry I grabbed that one posted by Stacy Ewald, since that appears to be a vague, amorphous threat against me and/or the Trustee (and I suppose the Judge too). It will be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

1 week later
#14073 7 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I got informed today by the US Bankruptcy Court

you're welcome ...

#14176 7 years ago

My fingers are tired!

Happy V-Day all.

Yours in indentured servitude to the hobby,

Keith

1 week later
#14321 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of my best friends from law school worked for the Public Defenders office for awhile right after passing the bar exam. I asked him if he had his canned response ready for when people asked him how he could defend people that he thought were guilty of a crime. His response was that he didn't necessarily think of it as defending that particular person, but rather defending people's legal/constitutional rights as a whole.
I.e., make the other side prove their case within the bounds of the law.

That is actually a correct statement and if you ask most criminal defense Counsel, you will get that answer (or a derivation thereof). Having done criminal defense work, I can tell you that we aren't there to "defend" or "justify" the crime that's been alleged, the defense lawyer's role is to make sure (to the best of his/her ability and ethical duties/obligations) that the Defendant's rights are protected and that the Defendant receives a "fair" trial.

2 weeks later
#14536 7 years ago

And now for something completely different:

**Does anyone know someone, or can they get me a warm introduction to Gary Stern or a telephone call with him, please?** (or if he has an assistant who has direct access to him (his "ear"), that would work too.

I need to discuss some business with him. Please respond to me privately if you can, or know someone who can. I'd appreciate it.

Also a telephone call/warm introduction to Jack G. (Jersey Jack) would be great also.

#14578 7 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

From memory - For a long time, Ender's Game was considered to be unfilmable by many but the rights kept getting purchased, expiring, and purchased by the another studio...when the author was asked if it bothered him that the movie still hadn't been made (25 years later), he said he was very happy with the process as every couple years he would get another big check as someone new bought the rights; and he basically had to do nothing.

The Ender's series of books were great. The movie was ok, but disappointing. But then again, isn't that true about a lot of books and the subsequent movies?

On a different, but similar note -- If you haven't watched The Expanse on SyFy, I suggest you watch it from the beginning (Season 2 just started recently). Season 1 is fantastic, I'm not particularly loving season 2 and it may have jumped the shark. However the books by James S.A. Corey are great and if you read them, read the short stories that go with it to fill in some of the back-story (such as the Epstein drive).

#14600 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The expanse is more of an adult show, in an established future universe, and a larger scope with government/faction politics.
I stopped watching the 100 after the first season ended, but from what I remember, it was basically about colonization of the planet, featuring young adults/teens.

The Expanse is definitely a very 'character-driven' drama too and remarkably, they get most of the physics right too.

Except of course for the 20+G spin-around by the Rossi

#14619 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Hey Keith I've tried to contact you multiple times to make sure im still part of this lawsuit. Please contact me.

PM sent

2 weeks later
#14849 7 years ago

It's an investment. I swear

#14851 7 years ago
Quoted from CentiZen:

This might be a silly question - but there is just so much history to read through in this thread and none of my searches have helped.
Was this machine ever produced, even in limited numbers? I had not followed this, but a family member of mine was recently in Australia and swears she saw a Predator themed pinball machine on location. This really confused me, as I had always assumed this to have not made it to production. I can't find any information and I'd really like to know if it's possible that was the case or if she is just going crazy.

Someone please get me a photo of this, and the exact location.

#14852 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

After everything Keith has done, I'm glad he has things like the lambo. He deserves it.
Outside of taking every Kulek "house" in existence, my only other guilty pleasure in this would being able to drive said 'lambo' for a quick circuit ... honestly though, I would settle for a co-pilot seat just to hear that harmonious engine music.

The things that matter to me the most in life are (in order of priority):

1. My kids' and my health;
1.0.1 My kids' happiness.

Everything and anything else beyond that is a blessing, and I am very grateful. Always.

#14857 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Download an app called TURO. In chicago you can rent a tesla for between $125-$200, or a dodge challenger hemI for $75 a day

You can rent mine for $1200 a day plus $4.00/mile.

#14871 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

When I drive in Michigan, I take my Lambo as well. When I see a giant pothole, I just speed up and fly right the fuck over them.

Not many places that are suitable to drive it. One bad pothole and it's goodbye front spoiler, which leads to goodbye $14,000 to fix it

#14872 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

EDIT... ok, not posting DOC 24 as Wolfmarsh included it in his post.
Please note that DOC 24, unlike the previous one (23) which responds directly and concisely to the elements of DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET argument, includes a more detailed timeline of events, sets forth a competing narrative, and also discusses the legal authorities (and DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET misunderstanding and misapplication thereof).

Are you intimating that I do good work?

#14912 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

who me?

#14916 7 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

The thing is, the Bank Secrecy Act only covers cash transactions (and cash equivalents such as money orders, etc.). If these were truly checks written from his bank account, there was absolutely no reason to structure things in this way, as it would not have triggered anybody's suspicions from a banking perspective. I routinely deposit company checks > $10,000, as I'm sure many other people here do also.

My last review of banking regulations (and it has been a few years, as it was in conjunction with a large bank litigation) indicated that banks still report transactions over $10k to the FDIC and IRS, and are required to, irrespective of whether they are cash, money order, cashier's check, certified check, wire transfer or other transfer of cash or equivalents. Doesn't necessarily indicate wrongdoing, but simply advises 'large-sum' movement.

1 week later
#15012 7 years ago

Michigan - Notice of Lis Pendens - A notice, filed with the appropriate Register of Deeds in a county where a parcel of land is located to provide actual notice to any interested parties that there is pending litigation which may/can affect the ownership and title interests of that particular parcel of land.

#15043 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Kevin's attorney was Jamie Knickerbocker, until she quit. Just a stupid play on words based on her name. Kind of funny in a silly way.

Correction: Amanda Kulek's counsel. Mr. Kulek continues to be represented by Charles Hodgson

#15064 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

In my neck of the woods the Chapter 7 trustee would be all over this and the U.S. Trustee would probably be objecting to discharge. People think they can just file a Ch 7 and thumb their nose at creditors but don't understand that it's not that simple. Whyisnow is right about the timing though. I've had a case where crimes were committed during a Chapter 11 case and it was years later that the U.S. Attorney's office finally indicted and prosecuted.

an 11 USC 727(a)(10) denial of discharge was already entered by stipulation of the Debtor and U.S. Trustee.

#15069 7 years ago

fine. You want a picture. Here I am at my other "job". Top: Solo time, Bottom: Back and forth duo with keyboard player trading licks.

DSC_0053 (resized).JPGDSC_0053 (resized).JPG
DSC_0079 (resized).JPGDSC_0079 (resized).JPG

#15074 7 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

What is your band name?

There I was guest bass player for the Robert Noll Blues Mission.

My band's name is The Fireants. My side project (3-some plus sometimes mega-talented blues-singer woman) is called In Nate Blues Project.

#15080 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any vids?

This one?
» YouTube video

Yes, that Robert Noll Blues Mission.

#15135 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not only a Fender bass player, but note the accoutrements.

1995 Fender Jazz (U.S.) playing there with an Ampeg SVT head and Ampeg 4x10 cabinet.
Pretty sure I was playing DH Highbeams at that show.

#15147 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, dyslexia is a bitch to deal with.

lysdexia?

2 weeks later
#15450 6 years ago

For those who were speaking about hearsay, here's a clarification.

Please don't confuse hearsay with a party admission. Admission of something, under oath or not, is still an admission of something.

By way of example: If you were at your divorce hearing, and said to the Judge: "She can have the bank account because I stole $5 from my best-friend's wallet last week, so I have money", and then you were prosecuted for stealing the $5, that statement would be clearly admissible in the criminal prosecution against you for the $5 larceny from the wallet. Notwithstanding that you made the statement in an unrelated action (the divorce action).

Compared to hearsay which would be: "Bob told me that Joe admitted to him that he took $5" if it is being offered to prove the truth of that statement, eg., that Joe admitted he took the $5. However, if you were only offering that to show that Bob said those particular words, it is not hearsay (not the truth of the statement itself [the stealing of the $5] but merely that the words were uttered [Bob actually said that]).

Hope that makes sense. It's a bit convoluted. About as much as the Rule against Perpetuities.

Additionally, testimony in a deposition is in fact under oath, and subject to penalties of perjury. It can be used to prove (or disprove) something based upon the testimony. "I took the $5" by Joe under oath is sufficient for the person who had their $5 taken to sue Joe to get the money back". It could also be introduced to a judge/jury to show the fact or to "impeach" Joe (if Joe testifies he never took the $5).

#15468 6 years ago

anyone have the quick link to VirutaPin's post about not producing cabinets for Skit-B unless they had a license? Been searching forum but can't locate

thanks

1 week later
#15682 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Not sure if the Predator saga is more Shakespearean tragedy or Three Stooges episode.

A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithinmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=keithinmi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.