Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (4 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (4 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (4 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (4 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (4 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Can we have a little fun? Especially after the SkitB press conference in Chicago today. Man that was rough. He sure seemed pissed.

#5 6 years ago

I knew we still had life! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? F no....

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

What press conference? link?

Didn't you click my link? Sounded like he was lashing out at me, Robt and a few others!

#21 6 years ago

Nobody liked that Lee Elia rant? Or Belushi? Geez this Predator vibe is way too uptight. I've got to move on over to the new TBL disaster as I actually have $$$ committed to that pre order Looks like we have another SkitB type communicator over there too.

"Civil"? Predator threads have been a love fest compared to Woz. "Productive", sorry pm but that's hinging on Kevin alone

And I think its gotten to the point where nobody cares anymore, at least for the time being.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

This guy gives him a run for his money (language very NSFW, but if you have never seen thsi video, it sis classic)
» YouTube video

That must be Phil's dad? Hilarious, rotflmao

Quoted from kmoore88:

I wonder if anyone has counted the number of F bombs in that rant. Gotta be a record of some sort.

Must be terrible to be a Cubs fan! I love Wrigley field though One of the funniest sports rants of all time.

2 weeks later
#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nobody ever agreed to my terms unfortunately. Either way I will be the real winner when I am playing my game soon enough!

We felt bad for you and didn't want to steal your $$$

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Update: Just sent another email to Skit B support tonight as I have still not received a reply (9 days running).

Maybe he can send you an empty cab instead?

It gets ugly when money starts changing hands and promises are broken and communication sucks. Is this a Jpop, SkitB or JJP thread?

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from Vengeance:

This is the exact same Roller Coaster that happened during the creation of BBB.
Terrible communication, lack of information, lots of money up front, no actual proof anything was actually getting done.
This isn't new, you either have the Stomach for it or you don't.

Difference is you had a guy that was a pinball veteran struggling with BBB to complete it.

I just hope SkitB has the same drive to get it done even though it's his last pin

You set up a customer service email and don't even respond to that

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think Kevin cares anymore about what pinsiders think, not that he shouldn't care but, jesus this site can be brutal

He's brought most of this upon himself. Take a peek at the last 4 years of JJP threads, recent Jpop's, etc., etc.

When you take people's money and then either misrepresent things and/or don't communicate at all it usually doesn't sit very well with people. Especially when you use this forum to generate 250 sales.

Pinheads are certainly a forgiving lot, look at Stern and now JJP. They have delivered great products despite a raft of BS along the way, and yet we still line up to buy.

Maybe things will look a lot better in the rear view mirror if and when these pins get delivered. It worked for Jack yet he still comes to work with his flame suit on.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...let's get back to Tediosity!

IMG_3418 B.jpg 55 KB

That's very Teddylicious......

#364 6 years ago

I don't even know what to say or really think about it all.

I'm in the same boat with Jpop but at least he has a blog and you can reach him.

Quoted from DreamTR:

This is obviously a business. No communication = Customer Service issue #1.

It's disheartening, pathetic, BS and anything else you can think of. It's a disgrace that he's taken all that money, and changed the payment plan btw back in June, a rush to get $3k in and then radio silence.

I hope this is all a big joke and he delivers a great pin.

But when you set up a customer service email and don't ever respond, wtf!

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry Billy, but from a business perspective if I were on the other side of the coin I would consider people asking for a refund just 5 months after they put it in a PITA. I would not tell them to their face, but would be thinking it in my head.

Sorry Snow, I hope you don't actually own a business! The lengths you go to defend something, or tear it down in the case of PPS, is amazing. But that comment takes the prize.

Cue up the "Skitb is terrible at communication" excuses and then bury head in sand.

We spent 4 yrs of brutal threads calling out Jack's lies/misrepresentations about timing, delivery etc. and rightly so, yet we still got a pin, so there is hope!

We have spent 3 yrs wondering about Jpop (some of us have), wondering about when and if, and plenty is said about it, good and bad, rightly so.

If you get your feelings hurt because people criticize how Skitb operates, Jack, Jpop, or anybody else, and think that only you, a pre order, have the right to do so, then you shouldn't post anything on Pinside, just live in your own little bubble.

Or maybe you follow the Kaneda line of thinking, go radio silent just to stick it up everyone's ass. Pure genius.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yep. After the PRED drama is over and done I'm not preordering again.
TBL? Looks awesome. Build em then we'll talk. No carpet? Fine.
Aliens? Sounds killer. Build em. How's Full Throttle? One at a time hotshot.

After TWD LE, MG, RAZA, AIW, TBL and now ALIENS I'm never pre ordering again

I did drop out of TH, MMr, STLE and Predator and got refunds. Maybe there is hope for me yet?

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

a) He stressed "open" and "honest" while giving little actual information of value, and avoiding the primary concern(s) altogether of the status of the license.
b) He attempts to invoke sympathy rather than directly addressing specific concerns
c) He uses a divide and conquer tactic by implying that the "non-buyers" have forced him away from pinside, and so they are the ones responsible for the "buyers" discomfort.
d) He blames pinside for having unrealistic demands for information and communication, when it is his own customers who are trying for weeks or even months to contact him directly and then coming to pinside to try to find somebody who knows how to contact them when it proves impossible. Or maybe to get some actual information from somebody "in the know."
e) He openly admits that he will continue to ignore phone calls and e-mails.
f) The picture he chose to post had no likenesses of Predator in them. Maybe it's parts for Experts of Dangerous, who knows. (I doubt it, but you get the point).

There is plenty more that rubs me the wrong way. He makes excuses, he points fingers, he doesn't take care of his customers, he doesn't keep good relations with the community that allows this dream of his to become a reality. So I guess the reason I couldn't help from putting my 25 cents in is that I feel sorry for the customers. It's like watching an abusive relationship. He has all the power, and the customers have too much invested in the relationship now to just walk away. I don't know how he could possibly have any customers for EoD.

Hit the nail on the head here.

I've lived in la la land before with 4 years of Woz cheerleading and 3 years of Jpop. While I understand people's desire to believe the best outcome, including my own enthusiasm, especially when you have skin in the game, there are others who aren't going to suspend all common sense if the face of the above reality.

Congrats on some communication that is long overdue and hopefully, unlike the promise of a "support" email that would be answered, he will follow through with the 2 week updates.

Btw, this is Pinside, there will be people that are interested in certain pins whether or not they have "skin in the game". "Haters", "Cheerleaders"? Bullshit, its just people presenting both sides of a story and what they think on a pinball discussion forum.

#480 6 years ago

9 months and 1 week ago from the "Mission Accomplished" thread

"As we move closer to the build date, our production schedule is becoming clearer. Most of you are already aware of your general place in the build order, so you can use that information to get an idea of how far away your game is based on a rate of approximately 40 machines going out per month of production, with production on track to be starting in early April of this year.

Another fantastic announcement we are happy to share is that throughout the life of the project we have been trying our best to keep the cost of the game under $5000 USD, and we have succeeded by $250, making the finalized cost of the machine only $4750 USD! Also, for those of you who have adopted the highest level of deposit incentives, we have decided that the standard translite installed in your game will not be autographed, but an EXTRA translite will be autographed and included at no extra cost. Also, since very few pre-owners have opted to use our lowest incentive option, the two lowest options have been combined.

Lastly, the last call for all of the pre-deposit incentives is now upon us. At this point in the project, much more significant deposits are necessary to move forward with our production schedule. As previously discussed, a deposit for roughly half the final cost of the machine is required when your machines are to be built. We have worked out that deposit amount to $2750 USD, which will combine with your initial $250 to make $3000 total towards your game. As always, these deposits are fully refundable if you choose to withdraw for any reason. Any deposits made following this email WILL go towards the incentive program, which will again be delimited below. Of course, if you have already deposited this amount or more, nothing will be required until it is time to pick up / ship your machine.

Thank you all for joining us on this incredible ride, and many thanks to all of the invaluable folks in the industry who made such a wonderful journey possible. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to clear a spot in your game room and get ready for one of the most awesome pinball machines ever built!"

#494 6 years ago

On June 28th, when there was a video to view and $$$ to collect. fyi

"The video above should answer any remaining questions about the game that you may have had, except for one: production schedule. After doing everything we possibly could to keep this process as comfortable as possible for all involved, we are frankly way overdue to get this proverbial show on the road. Producing products of this level of depth and involvement is a complex endeavor with many dependent factors, all of which must align to meet with any sort of success. It has become apparent that our hopes to be able to handle our production schedule in smaller blocks is unfortunately not congruent with maintaining the quality and pricing standards that we have set for this project, simply based on the nature of manufacturing. We apologize for any issues this may raise for some of you, and we look forward to helping everyone as best as we can while providing any assistance you may require as we go through this process.

As a message to pre-owners who already have an assigned game number and deposit in place to hold your game, if you have yet to meet or exceed a total of $3000 USD towards your machine, this total must be achieved by no later than Saturday, June 28th in order for us to reasonably continue and get these machines built on a schedule that is acceptable for everyone. For most of you, this will be easily handled by using the $2750 option either by mail at the address listed below, or through our PayPal deposits page at the link that follows. Please keep in mind that, at this point, if you choose to finish your balance off completely, the incentives previously discussed will still apply.

For the waitlisters recieving this message, please be advised that at this point in the project, if you receive correspondence from us informing you of an opportunity to move onto the pre-owners' list and get assigned a game, a deposit of $3000 USD will be required in order to acquire said position. This helps us maintain a dedicated pre-owners' list and will keep us steadily moving in the right direction.

What this all means for all of you anxious pinball fanatics is that following the date provided above, we can finally break out of the initial stages of our production cycle and get to assembling these awesome machines and getting them out to you in a matter of a few short months! Thank you all for being a part of this project, now let's get it done and go play some pinball!

-Kevin W. Kulek, Skit-B Pinball"

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I don't think he mentions the word "Predator" here either...

He actually did mention "Predator" earlier in that post of his

#501 6 years ago

Just goes to show you, you can whistle Dixie out of your ass and make people in la la land happy!

I really think you guys should pitch in another 1k each for poor Kevin and the extra time it's taking him and for all the abuse he's suffered!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of him

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This copulation was merely allowed to go on due to the silence from SkitB. Now it is like a parent walked into the room and you are all quiet while trying to hide what you were doing

Like a "parent" walked into the room, gotta be kidding me. Like a kid walked in that has no business managing a million dollars of other people's money. It's a good thing that he DOESN'T post based on those responses, he's right, stick to making the pins and ignore everything else, he's not helping his cause blaming Pinside and everybody else for "pinball making being hard", which he seems to have just figured out, after 3 yrs and deposits collected, because the TIMELINE certainly changed several times this year.

That's why I said you need to help him Hilton, beyond the keyboard pounding rhetoric. Form a owners group to help manage him.

No one wants any game to fail, so you better jump in there and actually do something constructive.

Ps. Nobody should take themselves so seriously

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I suspect it's very demoralizing to have people suggesting you're a con man and a liar if you are just working hard and honestly doing your best to overcome obstacles.

Look, the facts are, in his own words, that it was "mission accomplished" and he was ready to start pumping out pins this past April at the rate of 40 per month. This was 9 months ago.

Then he realized he needed to raise the money and made people pony up by July 28th and said he would get pins out to people "in a few short months".

Then radio silence.

Ok, so shit happens and fast forward to now.

He obviously needs a LOT more help than he currently has and maybe some of you guys ought to pitch in. I'm not calling him a con man, I think he is in way over his head, that's all. Be honest with yourself, there is no shame in asking for help and admitting the truth, which I guess is partly what he did.

The whole timeline proclamations and collection of deposits looks "sketchy" to me but whatever, same stuff happens with Jpop and Jack, so its par for the course.

I hope it becomes a "business", where "money doesn't suck", and he treats it as such, for his own sake primarily.

So good luck to you guys, if I was nearby I'd put an offer in to help out if I was in on it.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A lot of these posters wouldn't be as ballsy in person as they are online. They may not even be doing it consciously when they post.

I'd happily do it, Jpop too, Jack as well, if they would be willing to let me depose them!

I really don't think there is anything "ballsy" about it, here are the questions, what are the answers, then follow up on the answers. What's the problem? Part of the problem is too many people are afraid to ask the questions in fear of hurting somebody's feelings. No need to be a dick about it but just a simple Q & A.

Getting to the bottom of the issues, like with Jpop, can help provide solutions to what is going on. In his case, management/financial help. He took the criticism and is getting some help. Mind you, after 3 years of kissing ass and cheerleading!

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I guess we all play our parts.
The cheerleaders keep SkitB's spirits up with encouragement and support and are most likely the reason they decided to manufacture the game.
Others kick them in the rear and hold them accountable. Edit: This motivates some people but it may demotivate instead.

Very Well said. You got it! When I look back at the role I played on Woz for 3 years as the primary myopic kool aid drinker, and saying a lot of the same things supporters say to the questioning folks here, I've learned to keep an open mind about things.

I'm sure some might remember a few epic drunken state rants

It's all good, at the end of the day, we are all on the same side and I wish nothing but the best for Pinsiders.

Good luck to everybody, especially Kevin!

1 month later
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The Law of Information Flow -- "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance." If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.

The grapevine is a weed. It will never die. The best you can hope for is to contain it through proactive weed control. The "grapevine" surrounding Skit-B and the company's product is thriving BECAUSE OF Kevin's choices regarding information flow (e.g., removing all traces of Predator licensing information from the website, not responding to customer request for refunds, not promptly following up on emails to the "Support" team). Those very choices are actually further complicating his life, from a business perspective and a personal perspective, so if he truly wants to achieve better balance in life, he needs to change how he interacts with stakeholders.

Charlie Emery is managing information flow proactively. He is very good at "proactive weed control". Charlie appears to have achieved a pretty healthy life balance.

Kevin is managing information flow reactively, and only when it becomes a crisis. He's ignoring the weeds, and they are aggressively overtaking the lawn. Kevin has more than once alluded to the impact of this situation on his personal health (e.g., "it's simply not healthy for me", "This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here").

After years of posts re this pin and hundreds of threads begging Kevin to "communicate". This is another twist, albeit some good BS corporate speak, on the obvious yet at least entertaining.

"Making pinball is hard" and "Money sucks"......hehe

But don't wake Kevin up, shhhhhh, he isn't from the corporate world, he's building these in his mom's kitchen.

Good job

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

"I thought Kevin would hit that one more directly in the email, since the licensing topic is a hot one with all the DP stuff going on. Pretty simple. Licensing says you cannot promote the IP online, social media, in marketing, etc. You get what you pay for. Since it was a limited run that was sold out, paying for the opportunity to promote as such would have been a waste of money.

Aaron
FAST Pinball"

I remember that post, thanks Aaron for partially helping Kevin make a simple disclosure that would be totally understandable for pinhead world. "I don't think I can promote using the IP so I have to take all references down".........because the Licensor scared the shit out of me.

There is a huge difference in "promotion" of the IP for profit under the Licensing agreement and "use/display" of the IP in the public domain as a result of the product I just built based on the license.

As a lawyer, of course I myself am interested in what the actual words SAY in the agreement with the Licensor, it matters! And I'm curious

Aaron is trying to paraphrase as a non lawyer and the rest of the "etc." part would be helpful.

I don't see how "displaying the IP" for no further monetary benefit to SkitB or the Licensor would somehow "damage" or harm the Licensor.

However they got the license, it seems to me it wouldn't be too difficult to negotiate an amendment to the agreement without much if any additional cost for further public display without the ability to profit from it.

And/or, how about licensing a cool mod like the skulls topper, putting images on them from the movie, raise the price and pay the Licensor a fee for that, which includes the right to display with the machine.

See the Stern TWD topper? Priced at $399?

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Has anyone ever heard of a similar license restriction where you could sell a product publicly, but not be allowed to mention that you produced said product?! That sounds baffling to a small minded boob like myself.

I don't think the agreement says that

It appears, what they are saying, is that he violated the agreement in the first place by "promoting" the IP online, in public, etc., etc.

He had a licensing agreement that said he could go sell 250 Predator pinball machines to family and friends basically but you can't use the IP in any way to promote those sales in any public manner.

I assume the Licensor wanted to make a fee, and they did in fact, have already been paid, thus if this is all true, its one F ed up agreement.

Licensor subsequently came down on him and he agreed to pull everything. Why exactly did they come down on him?

If you recall the big TBL licensing issues that are still ongoing you'll remember that they couldn't use

1) The specific Kahlua brand in the pinball machine without that companies permission

2) Couldn't show Goodman with a firearm.

What else? Yet the DP guys disregard the licensing agreement, did it anyhow, and that put the license in jeopardy, according to Phil who was handling that part of it.

What kind of restrictions do you imagine were in the Predator license that were violated that they didn't like?

The only reason we know of the TBL and DP licensing issues right now is because Phil used a scorched earth tactic on his way out.

When the final product comes out, the mystery will be solved!

#629 6 years ago

Like I offered to the DP guys, I offer to SkitB and their efforts any help I can give them, as a fellow pinhead and lawyer, free of charge, even if its just as a second set of eyes.

Whatever I can do, not that its needed, the offer is there. Sometimes the non stop BS discussion can get tiresome if people aren't willing to just step up and help right?

GL

1 month later
#840 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Or you could buy from Spooky. Problem solved.

If only Spooky was "doing" Predator.

I can't wait to support them when they do a theme I like.

1 week later
#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I just mean in general. Most say they will never pre order...including myself...BUT, if that Forbidden Planet machine was announced...I'd pre-pay immd...

Me too Teddy, depending on who announced it.......you, me, Rick and a few dozen others would LOVE it!

1 week later
#1112 6 years ago

Well, I know its bad, not sure what's worse SkitB or Jpop.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

At least people have seen and played (and enjoyed) Skit-B's game. JPOP's game seems to be a art piece not for touching. lol

Ok Jpop's worse. Neither one has a pin out the door

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

By the way, folks here at pinside are partially to blame for the state of things....we are dong this stuff to ourselves! From JPOP to JJP to SkitB to DP to PPS to Stern... in their own ways- we've turned a blind eye to shitty business practices.

Amen brother. I'm as guilty as anybody. We all love pinball and I want to support people trying to bring more options to our hobby.

That said, none of this would have ever been a problem, for any of these guys, if they just simply communicated and told the truth. Why is that so hard? Pinheads are a very forgiving bunch.

#1958 6 years ago

Except for Ted's boner alert, this has finally turned into a worthwhile thread.

#2145 6 years ago

This thread has taken a very bad turn for the worse!

I'll never be able to get that skinny photo out of my head now. Thanks for that

And we don't need any more Dude pics with apologies to Blondetall

#2229 6 years ago

There is nothing better. That my friend is just some of the best that life has to offer!!!

#2230 6 years ago

This is now my favorite thread ever and I'll be reposting my own library of Texas grown ladies!

#2239 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This thread took a dark turn on the last page. Somebody had the audacity to down vote Amy Adams!!! This aggression will not stand!
AmyAdams.gif

No shit Jar! Amy Adams is pure sexy awesomeness.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Indeed! In case anyone needs reminding... Hotness!
AmyAdams.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I love her! Mmmmmm, lord have mercy. Sexiest red head on the planet.

#2607 6 years ago

The inability to simply tell the truth with Kevin and John is astounding. They have NO shame.

I really don't think these guys understand the damage that is being done to whatever "brand" they might have.

I can't imagine any "investor" bailing these deals out. With Predator at $4750 there is ZERO profit and nobody is going to buy game #2. John is a freaking mess because he won't pay anybody and is trying to do everything himself. Failure.

Isn't it obvious there never was a license? Why not tell the truth, because it will come out eventually, be honest with people and let them know the details of what is going on.

Who will ever trust these guys again? How many vendor bridges has John burned? F ing terrible.

#2890 6 years ago

Fox has to protect their "property"

Otherwise they could give a crap about this nuisance to them is my guess.

I feel that a whole lot of people have stretched the meaning of "having a License" and thinking you have the right to use something in the "fair use" domain because of stupid advice received up front is FAR different from having an actual license

Say what you want, Kevin has been lying just like John.

The only way these pins are ever gonna get made is everybody ante up and pay more. That's what should been realized in the first place. Pinheads, including myself initially, were slobbering all over ourselves to get a great theme at a great price.

Too good to be true. Ever heard that one?

How about 1). Get a real license and pay what it takes, that means you guys. 2). Get ready to shell out $6500 to get it done right and recoup project money blown. 3) Have Jack build them

OR Just pull the plug and life goes on. I.e. Jpop

#2900 6 years ago

You are WAY overstating things again Hilton. 93%?

Not even close. You obviously don't have any facts

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so everyone else is allowed to guess at random shit , but I am not?
Do you think he has somehow blown a bunch of cash?
If he has even spent 50k on parts that is a stretch in my mind.
He is reasonably active in the community in MI. Has anyone seen him driving a new car? Partying with hookers and blow? Anything to even hint that he has been using money for anything besides parts for the 10 games we have seen at this point?

Here is an absolute given:

Pins aren't getting done at $4750. He should just pull the plug and refund what's left pro rata and I'm sure he's considering that

The cost of involving people to get a real license and the license itself, along with somebody like Jack building the pins and owners willing to pay more is the only way you get a pin

Unless, a dummy investor will throw money into a 3 pin project or something where they could recoup the investment. You have to have Jack to build and get scale pricing if he's willing to help out

Time to let go of fantasy land. It's actually quite liberating!

#2968 6 years ago

One thing is for sure, in the FUTURE, this boutique pre pay model isn't going to work out.

Unless there is some kind of third party trust set up to handle all the funds and provide an accounting and transparency to all the owners involved.

That simple. Nobody will ever be stupid enough to send in another dime on unproven stuff without US demanding a WHOLE LOT more up front.

If we accept it in the future then you get what you deserve.

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm sure there is a way to verify nonprofit organizations. Has anyone done so?

He said it himself originally! I remember thinking then how odd that was. Easy to check with the Secretary of State on their website.

#2983 6 years ago

Everybody has their own ideas and thoughts about how they want to support or not support Kevin and all of them should be respected.

Kevin himself, not Ted or anybody else should clear up this shit pile.

He has brought all of this on himself, just like John.

Man up and tell the truth, it's coming out soon enough anyhow

Get in front of it, if the big news works out, that's great, it will still involve having to tell the truth then

#2986 6 years ago

I actually think that's what these guys want, is everybody fighting with themselves instead of coming together and demanding the truth in the best interests of everybody.

Enough is enough. A lot of BS has been thrown around, $$$ paid, time wasted, just put it out there

#2989 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can we talk about Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons?

Back to titties would be good. Need some good NCAA cheerleader pics in honor of today's kickoff.

F it I'm gonna go drink beer and watch basketball!

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hmmm, maybe a silver lining to the issue....
Since Kevin set this up as a nonprofit, I wonder if the prepayers can write-off their payments as charitable deductions?

While I'm watching Texas lose to Butler

I'll say no way! I doubt he ever got IRS approval for a non profit status. Anybody can set up a non profit for state law purposes

Good luck taking a charitable write off!

Not saying it is but I'd take my chances with "fraud" on Schedule A

I need another beer

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Condolences on the Butler loss. They're a good team, but Notre Dame is next. Let's see what they do against the Irish.
Hopefully, the beer was good, at least.

Beer is still flowing, you just saw talented basketball dummies versus less talented guys that know how to get it done with Teamwork.

Sound familiar?

#3083 6 years ago

"I think it would go a long way to restore faith for those on the fence if those that requesting refunds got them in short order."

It would if they could. At this point it's either all in or refund pro rata.

That's why there aren't any refunds going out the door

Good news is that this debacle is gonna get resolved shortly.

I think Kevin should shut it down and move on. I don't think the greedy outsiders will make it possible for him to survive this. Just my opinion

#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Guys as you are aware Kevin does not frequent Pinside as much as he once did. I can organize a Q&A with Kevin for all the buyers of Predator here on Pinside if that would make you feel better.
Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there..............

Uh no. He should get his ass on here and tell the truth himself

The idea that he doesn't frequent Pinside is beyond comical.

And pathetic. Excuse after excuse

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

How is that an excuse, he doesn't come here. I pointed out things that are being said on here about him / SkitB today and he wanted to know if a Q&A might help, so here I am asking.
Do you guys want Kevin to come on Pinside and do a Q&A?

No need to ask. He needs to come answer. And I'm throwing Jpop in the same conversation on his end.

Pull your head out of your ass Kevin, John and deliver some F ing answers.

How about that?

#3143 6 years ago

It's simple, Q & A or not

$4750 isn't viable, accept it

250 isn't viable at this point after all the cash burn, accept it

Get a license, price it the way it should have been initially and live with it, you have no choice

If I was advising SkitB I'd tell them to make 1000 of them if they could. LE and a pro.

Don't like it? Tough shit, that's the only way you get a pin.

#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It actually is extremely viable even when other designers have said otherwise.
It does not leave much on the bone but the price is still completely doable for this particular game. the one place they could/should have cut BOM was the custom plastic ramps. Those are expensive and they would be better off if they had gone metal. There is a reason other indy pinball has gone metal.
The parts list and BOM is VERY doable for this game.
I challenge you to add it up (maybe better to do after you sober up on Friday )

Says you Hilton, the reality is way off. You aren't building it but let's see how it works out, it won't at that price.

But hey, put your money where your big mouth is and help him get these pins out. He needs money and you are the lead cheerleader so pony up.

You are so detrimental at this point and really need to take a step back.

#3499 6 years ago

I've spent a whole lot of time talking to Aaron about Jpop mostly and he is a GREAT dude and if he is willing to help Kevin and Kevin is smart enough to listen, Aaron will be nothing but a HUGE asset to everybody trying to get something resolved with Predator.

That's a fact, a straight shooter, passionate guy and I don't think he would even know how to BS someone.

#3502 6 years ago

The $4000 number he threw out at some show a year ago was naive and I'm sure built on perfection and doesn't include fixed overhead and other money wasted to this point.

You need a real license and a fee for the person to obtain one and then paying Jack to produce them. Is all that free?

$4750 is fantasy land now, that's part of the huge problem he has to be facing.

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm still trying to figure out what license the cabinet guy saw. I mean, he did say he would have never been involved if the game wasn't licensed. He has been absent here. Perhaps he can expound on his previous statements.

Cabinet guy has been lying too and probably is sitting on a lot of the $$$.

Setting up Skitb Inc. as a "non profit" entity is one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

Like I said, its easy to simply file as a non profit under state law. I seriously doubt he received any IRS approval for tax exempt status. If he did, he lied on that application as well.

He's had some terrible advisors.

#4012 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?
If so, he's really going to be in deep shit.

Spot on Rob, for his sake I hope that's not the case. Deep shit is right

#4227 6 years ago

Holy crap the set of balls on this guy! One Shameless sack of garbage that's for sure.

Or just one of the dumbest guys on the planet.

There is a lot of bad BS here but the worst of it strikes me when he was demanding people be paid up back in June, taking all that money knowing the shitstorm that was coming.

#4270 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Aaron Dude you are a xxxx ! You chose to chime in cheerleading knowing what you know. You are not going to win that back amigo. Christ we even said that and kept on.

I do know that Aaron didn't know anything about the financials and how much is left. In my conversations over a week ago in talking about Jpop he asked me if I would help with getting money back from the cabinet guy for Kevin and that Kevin was in the process of putting together the "financials" so he/me or anybody else could figure out how to help get the project to completion and supposedly help bring in "other investors" that were actually interested in doing a multiple pin deal.

Aaron's a really nice guy and passionate about pinball. He just got caught up in trying to help out a scumbag, which was all coming to light over the last couple of weeks.

The guy that needs to be BBQ'ed is Kevin, and him alone.

Think about what he was just telling Ted, and using him as a shill. It's what he does.

#4281 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

this was TWO days ago!.... Hardly sounds like you were distraught with the fraud that Kevin had committed. It reads a helluva lot more like a plea for more damn time....

Knowing Aaron, that's not how it reads to me at all. He's a very level headed guy.

He's made the mistake of trying to help and its got me rethinking my decision to even try and help John, being a good guy can easily end up getting you F ed.

#4292 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Ice, it's all on Kevin but Aaron has been leading this on for a while way more than just supportive.
Quote:
If I were Fox I wouldn't comment on the business arrangements I had with individuals who were not a party the agreement. That is just bad business. If someone contacted FAST to ask how much hardware a company ordered from us, even if it was an attempt to "clear up rumors" or some other noble effort, I would politely decline to comment.
That aside, the license topic was put to bed in the other horrible Skit-B thread. I am friends with Kevin. I have had the terms of the agreement explained to me. They are in order. So let's drop it.
These threads are not going to weed out any big conspiracy. They are only drama. I do think Kevin should post a "hey guys, things are fine. Busy building pinball!" message. But really, that would probably calm people down for a couple days before someone sits up the pot again.
If you don't like the way things are going, bail out. If you don't like the waiting game of a pre-order, then don't do it again. If you are stoked to support and indie pinball company in their first game, then rock on.
There are lessons learned all over the place here and I hope things improve on the communication front. This is easier for me to not stress communication because a) I don't have $ in on a Predator and b) I talk to Kevin regularly. But I do know the guy is working hard doing the best he can right now.
I am done reading these posts. They are stuck in a loop and generating nothing but ill will.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I agree, he ended up mistakenly in the Kevin camp and in hindsight, wrongly supported him. I'm sure he was as frustrated as everybody else.

All I'm saying is Aaron is a really good dude, I don't believe there was any intentional malice or cover up on his part, maybe over zealous support at times? I don't really know because I didn't follow this thread much up until now.

What about the damage Hilton has caused? He was duped and WAY over the top with his "support" and I don't blame him either.

It's a terrible F ing situation. Better jump all over Kevin right now and get whatever's left before more of it disappears.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Virtually everyone who met Kevin Kulek said the exact same thing.

I hear what you are saying, but until somebody shows me some criminal act that Aaron did I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he's guilty of believing what Kevin told him, like a lot of other people.

How about Ted? Hilton? Or anybody else that had any support for Kevin. I don't think so.

Focus should be on Kevin.

#4314 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you're starting to sound like you're part of "team kevin" on here. please, please... don't dig yourself into this. everyone associated with kevin is getting damaged here, and could very very very likely end up in legal actions by associating themselves with him. i don't want to see that happen for you.
also, i'd immediately drop the "really good dude" labels pronto... cause ya know... "kevin's a really good dude" too.

First of all Dude, I'll say whatever the F I want, I've never spoken to Kevin and don't worry, I can take care of myself.

You guys want to throw the lynch mob net wider, rock and roll, knock yourselves out, I'm putting my opinion out there on Aaron and I don't give F what anybody else thinks, right or wrong.

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's guilty of more than that I'm afraid. I've already explained it in my prior post. It did a lot more than just convey what Kevin told him. He was emphatic about it, and definitely implied that he had personal knowledge of facts that he didn't.

I admittedly haven't followed this, I'm involved in my own shit storm with Jpop, don't know about PM's or a lot of this mess, I'm just expressing my own experience with Aaron and what I believe.

You guys can believe what you want, I may be wrong, like everybody was about Kevin, who knows, for now though, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Who's going to pay for a lawyer to get involved in this mess? What are people going to get?

The best thing that could happen is Kevin distribute whatever's left pro rata IMMEDIATELY!

#4337 6 years ago

Here's the thing, IF Aaron or anybody else knew the depths of this fiasco, how stupid would it be to support and delay this fraud, with all the facts out now, knowing full well it would come back on them, think about it and use some common sense.

How much was Aaron paid? Was he on the payroll of Kevin? Did he benefit in any way monetarily?

I've got a much bigger problem with the guys that actually knew what was going on and didn't come clean right away with the FACTS.

They went to the lengths of questioning FOX, found out the real story, and then just sat on it while more money was wasted.

#4340 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Contingency basis. Only way.

To get what? Anything left?

You know what contingency means, at least a 1/3rd and up to a 1/2 if it goes to trial plus court costs.

Why does he need to be sued? If he doesn't refund the money asap, he's a bigger fool than anyone could imagine.

It's criminal action that he better worry about, guys are gonna get what's left, pro rata without a lawyer is my hope for everybody.

#4344 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

iceman44, I think your bigger problem is you got money in JPOP aka Skit-B 2.0.

You think so smart ass? I appreciate your genius opinion on the matter

#4347 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

please... tell us more about your involvement with Aaron, Predator, and Skit-B... the floor is all yours.

I just did, got it? Is it clear to you yet? What are you going to do about it? What a F ing joke.

#5472 6 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I sure did, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I was given every reason to believe it was fully licensed, as was every pre-owner and other vendor.
Kevin even let me stick my neck out there, just to get it cut off knowingly. For that, he will never be forgiven.
I'm just as pissed as every here, as I have a lot to lose over this fiasco, too.

How much money are you sitting on as a "deposit" for cabinets and what is going to be returned to the liquidation willingly?

#5812 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I was OK with their big expose (though wish it came sooner), but this last email feels like they want to go beyond exposing Kevin and want to rub his nose in it.
It's just not needed... especially since Kevin hasnt refuted and of the allegations since the article.
Now IF he comes out and spins a new web of shit, well , that different. But right now, this feels like they are just "spiking the football"

I agree, let it Mother F ing go for crying out loud.

WTF, where is the kindergarten teacher to round up the children.

Return what's left and give it a rest. It's over.

2 months later
#8804 6 years ago

I'm sure Zane D. Smith esq. is still available, he's in the proximity of all of this shit and might even give you a bulk Jpop discount.

Where is this Dbag SquatB now?

#8950 6 years ago

Zero chance it's Kevin with the refunds.

PayPal started this process months ago and now it looks like some are getting it back

That's great news.!

ShitB isn't doing a thing. The lawyer can't make indiscriminate refunds and neither can ShitB while all this litigation is filed

ShitB lawyer would love to stretch this out to make more $$$

And he can't escape criminal prosecution by giving it back. Only civil. No damages

You can't rob a bank and then take it back with robbers remorse!

He is still ShitB through and through. Thankfully, you guys have paypal

Plus, I know for a fact the cabinet guy has a shit pile of your $$$

#8953 6 years ago

It's obvious ShitB is dumber than a bag of hammers. Sorry, he is

Hatching that non-profit 501c3 scam, he's no better than Jpopadeauce, I don't care who gets what money back

I'm thankful somebody is getting something back

#8958 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just got off the phone with Paypal. The refund was initiated from Skit-B.

I highly doubt it.

What about the bag holders?

I'm sure the phone rep just sees what it says on the screen.

Not even close to enough $$ to refund everybody and lawyer already denied it

Just be happy you got it

#8961 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I have five friends involved in this circus. I think I will hold off on happiness until they and everyone else gets a refund.

You can always split up yours with your friends.

Here's hoping everybody gets one from PayPal

But yeah, it's ok to dance a jig and celebrate

#8962 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

bad thing here is, altho paypal have refunded whatever the amount was.... pending means, pending that there is the actual funds in that account..... it doesnt draw from anywhere else, except that account.
hopefully for everyone funds clear into accounts and that everyone gets their money ...

I think PayPal is going to refund everybody based on the fraud committed. Like I said, I know the process was initiated months ago because I was asked to help with the forensic acctg

That's what is happening now. It isn't Kevin or his lawyer pushing the magic refund button

They have zero access to paypal

#8964 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But would Paypal really want to be the ones deciding who gets refunds and who doesn't if the funds aren't all there still? At the very least there must be a chunk missing from all the chargeback fees. Hard to even guess what's going on here ...

I think they are working through all the deposits now based on the "investigation".

There is a WHOLE lot more missing, that's a given, like I said, DumbB gave a ton of it to cabinet guy and I'm sure the lawyer is going after that money, but it's NOT going back to paypal.

Everybody won't get refunded based on what is in the paypal account. That has to be obvious and common sense doesn't it?

Hopefully, the whole thing is so F ed up, pay pal will keep working through the refunds for EVERYBODY.

#9011 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why would PayPal, or anybody involved here, hire you for this? You're a financial advisor... According to your web page you don't list this as one of your services nor do you have a history with forensic accounting.
I'm curious why they sought you.

Nobody was hiring anybody Kim. I was willing to help before it hit the fan. For nothing as usual. Are you starting a private FB page for Predator too?

Check my website again pal, I'm a CPA, LAWYER and FINANCIAL ADVISOR.

Get it?

#9012 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why would PayPal, or anybody involved here, hire you for this? You're a financial advisor... According to your web page you don't list this as one of your services nor do you have a history with forensic accounting.

This is gonna get interesting.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I'm not sure why the 'cabinet guy' keeps coming up. The 'cabinet guy' is a company, VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc, not some dude building cabinets in his garage. We were contracted to do a job, that's it.
Since 2013, we've started and stopped production on these cabinets 5 or 6 times, hired and trained staff FOR the job, moved into a larger facility to better handle the job, and purchased equipment and materials to finish the job. THOUSANDS of dollars were pissed away and bridges burned with suppliers for a job that never actually took place.
We will be more than happy to complete the job whenever Skit-B is ready. Until then, we've been burned just like everyone else on this project.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I'm not sure why the 'cabinet guy' keeps coming up. The 'cabinet guy' is a company, VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc, not some dude building cabinets in his garage. We were contracted to do a job, that's it.
Since 2013, we've started and stopped production on these cabinets 5 or 6 times, hired and trained staff FOR the job, moved into a larger facility to better handle the job, and purchased equipment and materials to finish the job. THOUSANDS of dollars were pissed away and bridges burned with suppliers for a job that never actually took place.
We will be more than happy to complete the job whenever Skit-B is ready. Until then, we've been burned just like everyone else on this project.
Thank you.

#9014 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry for the multiple posts, doesn't seem to be "replying" correctly.

#9015 6 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

If they didn't have the license in order, then they wouldn't be ready.

Why don't you inform everybody of how much money you have taken from SkitB? And these owners.

I'm thinking we are about to find out a whole lot more to the story with you aren't we?

#9018 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Hold on. Stop.
Even if Noah did make money off this (he explicitly said he LOST thousands), he didn't steal money from the buyers, KEVIN DID. It not fair to berate this poor dude for a scam he had no part of. If it was a business transaction he didn't "take" money from skitb, he sold them something.
While your at it you should go after Kevin's landlord for a slice of the rent money (the machines were built in his basement), and slap a few nickles out of a gas station clerk (kevin had to drive to those pin shows).
I don't see anyone blaming CoinTaker for selling LEDs to jpop.

Hold on here.

I don't think he's lost a DIME, in fact, I think he's sitting on significant funds to build cabinets "in the future". Now that is just what I was told. Who knows, lies have been thrown around all over the place with Kevin, but I really doubt it in this case.

As for Kevin, I have zero sympathy for him and the delusion that he still wants to make these pins.

It's great that people are getting refunds from paypal due to the fraud, it's not coming from Kevin.

Don't worry, all the facts will come out soon enough and for those that didn't pay through pay pal I'm thinking they need to look for other options to get repaid.

#9021 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Attacking this guy on hearsay?

That's hilarious, that's all Pinside is isn't it, "hearsay".

At this point, I really don't care, the "hearsay" came from a very credible source that was dealing with Kevin at the time.

I haven't verified anything, let's see if the cabinet guy can clarify the facts with some proof himself. So its not hearsay. Believe what you want.

#9024 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Which is it? I'm not trying to be smart ass, but what you were told and what you've seen being brought in to verify the numbers are two totally different things. So, which is it?

Look, you guys want to defend Kevin or the "cabinet guy", knock yourselves out. I trust what I was told, that simple. I highly doubt it was "made up".

Like I said, believe what you want. The facts will be coming out in time. Let's see if the "cabinet guy" will give us the numbers now.

He knows, how much has he taken? Simple question. Or how much is he out and has he joined in the lawsuit party against Kevin. Just a matter of time.

Once again, I was just willing to help all of you owners out, while I had nothing invested and nothing to gain. You guys better look elsewhere to dump on somebody. I don't really care who likes what. It is what it is.

#9027 6 years ago

What I was also told at the same time, from the same guy that was trying to help, a few months ago, that paypal was in the process of generating refunds for everybody.

I don't remember if I posted it back then but take a look.

For the record, at least several people are getting refunds here, a whole lot more than can be said for Jpop.

#9028 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Not defending either, hell, I stayed in based on the VP guy assuring me Kevin had the license - but shit runs downs hill, and Kevin was the one taking the dump.
But if you're throwing out info, who told it to you? Why do you trust them? What is there to hide now? Everyone got fucked without even getting the courtesy of a reach-around, except the Snowden's, the AMEX crew, and the lucky few that got the miracle refund from the gods.
If you know something , just say it. Don't leave key details out.

You want some details? Go back to the time that Aaron from Fast was trying to help Kevin and then got crucified himself for standing behind the fraud when he simply had no clue what was going on.

Scoot on back to all those posts. Like I said, I don't really give a shit what any of you believe.

Is that clear enough? It's as simple as that.

Yet you guys want to believe the VP that assured you Kevin had a "license"?

When you get Kevin and his lawyer to talk, it will all come out. A whole lot more to come imo.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a dumbass Cpa, Lawyer and financial advisor. Consult your own lawyer.

#9030 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Damn son, calm down! I don't believe anyone on here anymore, hence why I'm curious as to what you're hinting at - as much as I would like to go back through the 9k posts, what're you saying boy?!? So the FAST guy told you the inside info? Or was it the VP guy?...

I'm not wasting any more time either. Aaron and his team was trying to help Kevin with the pins, well documented, I was talking to Aaron extensively about getting him out to try and save Jpop.

Aaron knows what my credentials and capabilities are and asked me to help get financial statements together for Kevin because the accounting was a disaster, AND that he was having trouble with the "cabinet guy" and retrieving a large sum of deposit money sent to him.

Once again, there are always two sides to the story and with all of the litigation floating around, the facts will come out sooner or later, that's a given.

I've been F ed by Jpop, maybe that will give some of you guys some comfort, I just tried to help out this situation and I'm glad that many people are getting refunds.

#9032 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I hear you brother, and that post was all I needed! Got a good mix of pertinent info and clarity. I'd buy you a beer, but since you're at home in TX I guess I owe you one

I'm on your side Nibbles and I feel your pain, trust me. The facts will come out soon enough, not hearsay, and hopefully, again, more people will be made whole!

Plus, I'm ejected from my Jpop thread for 24 hrs. for calling him a "dick", like several hundred others haven't done the same thing. Need a place to vent.

#9035 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Ice....you better start a jpop reject forum
Man, I feel for all you guy's and hope everyone gets their money back. Unbelievable the amount of lies that have been floating around pinball lately.

As I'm watching Power on Starz and JJP on the NW pinball stream, I'm just hoping for the truth like everybody else.

Live and learn right?

#9036 6 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Wow, Iceman, I bet that was a hell of an accounting to make. I had no idea you were taking that task on. So, let me ask you if there was any audit trail of where the cash went to from people that paid by check? Anything there, or did it just disappear?

Like with Jpop Enaud, it all blew up right before I was able to get involved. Actually, with Jpop, he just wouldn't/didn't disclose anything to me like he promised he would.

With Kevin, it just all blew up right after I was asked to help and happy to do so.

#9043 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Umm, yeah, I get it. The bold type really helped...
Every third post on Pinside you brag about your status, so yeah, I get it. - I'm not impressed.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
Abraham Lincoln

It's just in response to your post about me pal. Why are you still whining about the "private FB owners group"? Did you create one here too.? It is what it is, no need to follow me around out of jealousy

Quoted from Mr68:

Well, which is it? Were you asked to help or did you volunteer? Your two responses conflict with one another.

Let's try and make this a bit clearer for you.

1. I was asked to help by Aaron
2. I said I would volunteer my time and my unique skills, one more time for you bud, CPA, LAWYER and FINANCIAL ADVISOR

Only some in a group like this would attack those trying to help others, whether its Jpop or this venture that I had no skin in the game.

It doesn't bother me one iota, so keep it up haters

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Just to be clear, of course money changed hands, it was business.
Ice, being a CPA, you probably know very well how costly it is to move a business (twice, in this case, to share space the second time with his commitment falling short after the fact), staff and train, insure them, pay them, etc. It was dragged out over such a long period of time (2.5 years?). How many times did he announce we're going into production? Each time we ramped up, got ready, and then just shut it down.
In the end, no pile of money, burnt bridges, awkward conversations, and, off course, this thread.
I have not heard from Kevin in months. Not since he lied to me right up until the very end, by telling me they were still being built, just not by him, and I still had the cabinet job.

How much did you get paid? What was the contract for? To deliver cabinets right?

Hiring staff, training and insuring is the business risk that you took on. The risk I and many others take every day. You simply kept cabinet deposit money and applied it to your own expenses you chose to incur on your own to get his business and accept the order.

Owners sent money in on this game and some aren't getting it back. That's a risk they took.

If i were you, I'd be pissed about the whole thing too, just like they are. You got to cover all of your losses and then some, from money you collected as a deposit from Kevin. Jpop vendors weren't so fortunate. But I do get why/how you are justifying keeping all that money and not delivering what you were paid to deliver.

And then you apparently lied about actually seeing the SkitB license to make the pin? Maybe I have that wrong.

In any event, it will all come out in the wash. GL

#9044 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Imagine how much less anger and inflammatory stuff there would be on the forum without just two or so ppl
Attacking vendors for doing work = deplorable
Demanding businesses disclose specific business details? Wth...you guys make up unrealistic stuff knowing it wont happen

Plenty of litigation and criminal investigation going on right now. That's what happens, questions get asked, its how they conduct an investigation.

But hey, some of you guys know everything. All I know is what I was told and believe to be factual, but that is what the "investigation" is for, like it or not.

Some of you people that want to hide and sweep everything under the rug is how we got here in the first place.

Stay tuned, more facts are the way as people want to disclose them with the ongoing investigation and litigation.

#9045 6 years ago

Hmmm, I wonder how the CNC machine set up was obtained? What representations were made to get the funding? Care to explain for the record? You know what I'm talking about.

I'm assuming you are with Paul and Virtuapin right Noah? Maybe I'm wrong about that.

You get to thank Predator owners and certain others for your brand new CNC setup.

#9049 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Who are the investigators? What is being investigated, civil or criminal?

A whole lot of both, scroll back through this mess.

And when I repeat someone else's "first hand direct knowledge" its called hearsay, that doesn't negate the "direct first hand knowledge" and those facts that need to be "investigated". I know, tough to fathom for some (not saying you)

#9053 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I interpreted Noah's post as you are now describing.
That is bad news and an argument for keeping the money which will not hold water.

And that's not the whole story, but I will let the "first hand direct knowledge" folks tell it. So its not "hearsay".

Unless Noah wants to tell it?

#9054 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Does that mean you are adding DETECTIVE to your list on your website now too?
Thank god you are hear to offer up your services yet again

Yes I do get quite a bit of thanks from a lot of people. It's just the all around greatness that I am, no need to hate and troll that.

At least come up with something funny to jab me with, make it interesting, that's just a misinformed comment. Why am I not surprised.

#9057 6 years ago

Yeah that's hysterical too! NOT. How about some good/funny lawyer jokes? I have some good ones for you.

#9061 6 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

WE GET IT. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice of your valuable time.

You are very WELCOME, I'm happy you finally see the greatness and hope you find satisfaction in all of the other "productive comments" here.

However, you are simply incorrect, there are many "productive comments" and actions I've made in trying to help. Hate away.

TOP GUN!

#9077 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Aaron has ZERO to do with operating SkitB. He was a potential vendor and that's it. And yet you claim he was authorized to have you to do a "FORENSIC AUDIT"?

Yeah, that's exactly what I claim. The idea was to put SkitB in a position get "funding" from interested parties to finish off the pin, can't do that with accounting records written on toilet paper. Like Jpoppy, he was in way over his head.

Is there any more information you'd like to provide with the "private FB board" you created. Oh wait, that's Jpop, never mind.

Anything else you'd like to know? I can't figure out why you are having such a hard time with the concept? It's really pretty simple, call me and I'll walk you through it. Or Facebook me.

#9078 6 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Conveying what one believes to be true is not a lie.

You still haven't answered any of the questions posed. Forget the "conveyance" of the misinformation or whatever you want to call it.

How much did you receive from SkitB? And how much of that $$$ did you use to fund your own business operations? Where did you get the funds for the new CNC setup? Come on, I know you can do it, not that hard to be honest about what really happened.

#9083 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, I think that does it. You've sufficiently dug your hole and you seem cozy in it. Congrats.
Just a word of caution and then I'm done. Pinsiders are not as stupid as you treat them. In this thread and many others, people are catching on to how pretentious and deceptive you are. You might want to consider that.

Thanks for the advice Kim

But like several others here, I give it ZERO weight. Got it?

I could care less what you and a few others think. But keep it up, I get along fine with most everybody

That includes your up vote buddies. The feeling is mutual I promise you that

#9085 6 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Very damning of Virtual Pin...Based on that comment alone any common sense inference would be that VP had seen and checked out the license documentation and found it on good legal ground.

You assume "common sense" is running rampant around here.

Keep seeking the facts and honesty. Too much secrecy, private clubs and BS for too long

#9090 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If you look back, people who were correct were skewered and essentially burnt at the stake. But not many apologies, funny how that works.
It's a crazy story, pinball definitely has a couple big black eyes right now, but it will come back, it always does.

What goes around come around doesn't it.

With that said, I'm draining myself from this fiasco thread and the handful of trolls can go F yourselves.

To everybody else, best of luck, I really hope you guys get every dime coming to you.

Always seek the facts, truth and honesty. Don't let the idiots wear you down.

1 year later
#13171 4 years ago

Wow. Undrained this baby! Wondered wtf was going on after I listened to that pitiful hearing and didn't see any commentary

5 kids too. What a pos.

Judge is going to F him up next time. No way he provides Bk trustee what they are asking for

Time to grab your ankles

#13176 4 years ago

He was asking for payment in full for all of the orders right there at the end.

I know that he made a big payment to the cabinet guy, something happened and wanted help getting those funds back.

Now I wonder if that wasn't just another bs move to launder $$ knowing he was about to shut it down

#13224 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Turned out there was no LLC. That would make it an unincorporated partnership in many states, not sure about that one though.

If he held himself out to be a "partner" then they likely had a General Partnership for state law purposes and under the default state statutes regulating the GP.

Regardless of how he accounted for the income and expenses for federal income tax purposes.

No LLC? So stupid, pointed out that red flag a long time ago.

Translation, unlimited personal liability as well for the "partner".

I've got a company that i just set up a new LLC for. 3 partners. The existing business had been run as a sole owner Sub S and taxed as a Sole Proprietorship. Why? That partner has/had IRS issues and the other two didn't want to be tagged with those issues, thus they were 1099 partners.

Problem? The other 2 "partners" had no corporate shield! Fully exposed with unlimited personal liability and substantial assets to lose. 30 employees with potential liability every day.

Problem solved, new LLC, 3 partners, taxed as a "partnership" for federal tax purposes. In Texas, great asset protection tool and mandatory for doing business with potential liability issues.

#13263 4 years ago

Kevin D Lick is watching Law & Order reruns right now getting prepared for next week.

I pity the lawyer that is/was representing him.

4 weeks later
#14314 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I am still trying to figure out how someone who is "completely destitute" can still afford a lawyer?????

That poor lawyer is stuck with that POS. I'm sure the judge won't let him resign from that garbage.

1 year later
#17972 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

She owns the house free and clear. Maybe she can't get a loan but a new buyer could. Plus Habitat for Humanity fixed it up for them! (Amazing how much charity one can get even after stealing half a mil)
She knows damn well that moving out and having to pay rent would cost far more than whatever she pays in property tax.
This is exactly what's up.

Oh wow.

Zero shame with these criminals. The biggest crime is these people had children. Sad for them

Habitat for humanity

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside