Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10479 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Guys don't worry about the license! I spoke with the lawyer this morning and he assured me and everyone else there is not an issue.

Too funny... tears funny...

2 months later
#11086 3 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Once the licensing concerns came up, I drilled him for more info. He would tell stories about how Fox was approving the artwork on the playfield, what needed updating, which sound clips and video could be used, etc. I was 100% convinced he was legit, or I never would have gotten involved in the first place!

You were 100% convinced based on what exactly? His words only? Seems extremely naive.

I get the stuff about contractors aren't responsible to vet their clients, but by stating the below you were implying that you'd done exactly that. -THAT- is the problem.

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

This statement is also extremely naive. You were in no position to make such statements and lend further credence to the project, but because you did, people were convinced of the legitimacy.

How can you have it both ways: claiming to also be duped, yet having made bold proclamations of legitimacy when you had no basis to? This appears to be a gross contradiction. At best, you should have said you've been reassured licensing is there. But you acted like it was indisputable fact, despite having no evidence of that.

If you're saying now you had no real visibility to the licensing, that's exactly what you should have said back then. I wouldn't know how to interpret that as anything other than deceptive, and for customers that were duped to hurl accusations your way is not surprising at all.

I see the 42 thumbs up, and I get the sympathy, since you were also duped, but unfortunately you were also taking part in the duping process.

I don't have skin in the game, but I'm perplexed how a professional would make such statements without really having verified anything, which is why I'm writing this. If you're a professional, be a professional.

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is just no way to verify anything.
Even if you had legal knowledge of licensing contracts, and could actually read and interpret a license given to Kevin, there would be no way of knowing if the contract had been canceled in the months since it was signed.
Just like when you show a cop a copy of your Proof Of Insurance on your car. The cop has no way of knowing that the insurance had been canceled 3 months ago.

Exactly my point. Despite this, claims to the contrary were made, as though such verification had been done. Which they conceivably might have if he was conducting business meetings and introductions, and meeting the various parties involved.

Naivete isn't a good excuse. A professional would recognize exactly the point you're making and not make the bold claims that were made.

#11089 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have never heard of a parts company asking to see any "proof of IP license" when making parts.
Does CCC ask for a Marvel IP License every time Stern orders cabinets?
No.

Does CCC ever make bold, official-sounding proclamations to Stern customers that Stern indeed has licenses?

#11093 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kevin was a great liar.
I spoke with him IN PERSON as he described getting the license and small changes that Fox wanted done in the artwork. We talked about the separate music licensing too (something I know much about), and his lies came out clean and his terminology correct.
I'm the most cynical person ever hatched, and yet I did not catch a single flaw in his stories. He probably told them so many times, that he believed them himself.

Not arguing with any of that, but would any of that lead you to make proclamations of legitimacy? Did you?

I think I've made my point, and I'm not posting to make the vendor feel bad, I'm just perplexed how business is conducted and the amount of harm unprofessionalism can do.

#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm afraid I did.

I don't get it... maybe you had to be there...

#11097 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball vendors are seldom very "professional". I'm sure I'm not the first to notice that, lol

That's understandable, but to ignore the extreme context that this about a "start up" and dealing with trust of many customers risking 100s of thousands of dollars, is not.

#11107 3 years ago

I understood the whistle blowers simply got in touch with the Fox IP dept. It didn't seem they had much trouble determining he didn't have the license, so verification really doesn't look that difficult.

Recently someone pulled a similar technique to determine if Stern already had a particular pinball license with an inquiry about obtaining a license and being told another pinball company already had the license.

6 months later
#13187 2 years ago

It seemed to me the judge was very lenient. Numerous times I wondered, oh, he's got him cornered now, and he didn't follow up on any of Kevin's excuses, but just let them stand. As others pointed out there were a few obvious inconsistencies. He even asked Keith what he wanted, and suggested he had no problem making Kevin do some time. Keith suggested as much, but then the judge didn't follow through. I thought the judge was very sympathetic and understanding of Kevin, and Kevin's games seem to work again.

But from what others are suggesting, maybe the judge has heard it all before and is just being patient, giving him one last chance, and then will bring the hammer down. Also letting Kevin roll out his own rope eventually hanging himself. I suppose that is the more likely scenario that is playing out here. But the lenient attitude made me wonder if this will continue to play out slowly, status quo.

Was there any word on what actually triggered the marshals to pick Kevin up? It seemed like that might have been a long shot, and the order would be low on their priority list. But that actually went pretty quickly.

#13465 2 years ago

Nobody clicked that "34"? What's the "Order on Motion for Contempt"? Possibly something generic rather than specific to the case.

2 weeks later
#14206 2 years ago

Does Kevin still have to annotate his bank "statements" or was that only part of the bankruptcy trial?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
$ 149.00
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.00
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside