Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why don't you go back to emailing FOX to tell them how you think this is all being done under the table and stay out of the conversation unless you have something worthwhile to add?

hey what about our $100 bet?

#30 4 years ago

I found a video version of this thread

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

mention all of this, because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but you guys really believe this crock of shit? It's an amateur bullshit excuse. No respectable business operates this way. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

gal-beverly-gilbert-r-hill-jpg.jpg
1 week later
#210 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nobody ever agreed to my terms unfortunately

I agreed to $100 vs. $100, a fair bet!

#228 4 years ago

just hope they don't run out of money....

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The TM mark will be the tell.

I don't know, if I was stealing a license I don't think I'd suddenly decide to abide the law when it came to proper utilization of the "TM". NOT that I think they are doing this unlicensed - they may run a shitty business but I don't think they'd go that far.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But what's their logic? The person will forget if we stall?

I would guess most of their money is tied up and they have to hustle from someone on the waitlist to pay the people that want refunds. That is probably why it takes so long. Of course they tried to sell this as some sort of proprietary refund process lol :

Quoted from Dalbok:

because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This seems likely. And, how much time and energy does that take? How about dealing with Paypal?

Sure, but that's the BS they signed up for when they started a business and took people's money. It is their responsibility to have plans in place to insulate the customer from this. It should be refunds first, hustle from the waitlist 2nd.

2 months later
#713 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

The email came back "the email account that you tried to reach does not exist"

LOL It is unfortunate their first prompt response to an email is this.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin has a strong team made up of engineers, programmers and animators making sure that the Experts of Dangerous game Kevin designed can stay on its agressive schedule.

Oh my god they are actually making that?

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Do you want to be succesfull? Then pick a theme the masses like, and not 1 hardly anybody will, only because you do.

Exactly, Skit B hasn't earned the street cred or artistic license to release a wack theme like EOD. And the art package makes me want to crawl into a corner and scrub the top layer of my skin off with a brillo pad and gasoline. Shit's f'd, I'd advise SkitB to abandon ship, cut life support on EOD, if you can't let some of the sunk costs go, at least get a new artist and re-theme your design.

And where did the money come from to fund this project????.......??? If you need deposits for the first part of your start up and are delivering zero product with no revenue...???????

If you think their email inbox is bad imagine what Quickbooks looks like...

2 weeks later
#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep in mind that if a certain "Jody" is really involved in all this meddling, then there is a HUGE incentive to try and kill not just SkitB, but all start up pinball companies as that is just smart business to kill the competition.

No way Stern would try to crush Skit B. They aren't a real threat. Stern's business is robust enough to not only survive, but prosper and expand while JJP delivered machines. Skit B would have little to no effect on Stern.

#1191 4 years ago

There is *A LOT* of speculation going on here!

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That's what happens when you send an email to customers that hints at things but it never gives an explanation of the whole story.

Yep and now some people are pointing fingers in every direction but Skit B. In the end, Skit-B is the one responsible for $1 million + in pinsider $$$, they need to get it done.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Inside scoop will be revieled shortly and made public. If you still have money in on this game, please request your refund now, although your chances are dwindling as time progresses.
Whysnow knows the truth as well and continues to feed and deceive others that don't know the details.

Oh you can't just say that and leave us hangin'!

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Is it possible Kevin is being responsible by not shipping games until whatever issues are resolved? It would be somewhat reckless to ship games if there are underlying issues with licensing.

NOPE! In that case you cook the books and make it look like you shipped nothing. Deliver the product the customer paid for on the down low. THAT is what you do.

*EDIT* I read this as if Skit B was sitting on completed machines. I did not mean to imply that they should have built an unlicensed product to meet a customer promise. I still believe they had the license.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You must have taken Business 101 at the community college............

lol I'm just saying customers first. You make shit happen for them. Refund everyone else you can't ship machines for. If you are going down, take care of everyone you can, while you can. That is what I'm saying

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There is a movie "Slapshot" which was made with popular songs, but when it was released on VHS, those songs were replaced with no-name artists so that the movie company did not have to continue to pay for the real artists songs. These songs are big business and I think would cost a bit just to license one song. However if that were the case, I am sure Kevin could just omit that song in that were the issue.

Same thing happened with Married with Children when it was released on DVD. No Frank Sinatra "Love and Marriage" for the opening. It may sound like an overreaction but I can't watch that show without that song. It just doesn't feel right.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Serious? I hadn't heard that. I grew up on that show, me, my brother and my dad. My dad loved the show JUST for that song at the intro. .. Wow.

Yeah and it isn't even a cover of the song by another singer, it is this really awkward instrumental

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty whacked out that these people are putting in so much energy to try and fail a start up pinball company.

You don't think they are sending out BS emails just to F with you?

#1341 4 years ago

I just sent Greg Wells a Western Union Moneygram, in 48 hours he's gonna tell me the whole story. I was a little skeptical so I made him send me his picture first. It's only a matter of time till we all know....

i-am-not-a-scammer-he-is-270x212.jpg
#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

As stated here by another pinsider, perhaps the person called fox because of the lack of communication from Skitb. In other words, it is like a stock. You have to conduct due diligence. He/she may have called to determine if this investment indeed did have the license? Or like a bad stock, it could go down the tubes if untruths are uncovered?

Just a thought.

Or maybe all that phone call shit is made up and the real problem is that Kevin never had a competent person (lawyer) look over the license he agreed to? Maybe it is as simple as Skit B thought they signed something they didn't.

#1635 4 years ago

I was just checking that out myself! Pretty cool I might throw a bid down. I'm still upset about the last action hero axe I missed a year ago. I should have bid higher

#1838 4 years ago

The thing I never understood is how they could get away with being classified as a non-profit, it just didn't make sense to me.

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Two more weeks

it should be about a week now, right?

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

it should be about a week now, right?

just checked exactly 1 week ago was 2 weeks, 1 down, 1 to go

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

2nd best part of that is the dinosaurs dropping out of the UFO in the background

#2170 4 years ago

Nichole Hiltz!

MV5BMTM0MTA5NDM0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAwNzQ4Nw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

download.jpg
#2298 4 years ago

The truth is ugly that's why no one knows what it is. They don't have good news now or they would release it. What can really happen in the next 3 days?

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

"There is a lot of contextual information here that can't really be conveyed very well in this fashion, so we've been in talks with Martin from PinballNews.com, along with the most notable of podcasts to make sure this story gets told in the most complete and understandable way possible."

So really he's saying he's funneling his bullshit story through credible channels in hopes that people buy it? Noice.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If we take a random guess that those parts total 5k per game (over shooting on this one) that means $50,000 spent out of 750k on actual parts.

I imagine it is way higher. It's amazing how much money you can piss through when engaging in any business activity. Everything costs money and everyone has their hand out. Kevin also sounded extremely confident (dare I say arrogant) in some of his postings. That could be symptomatic of someone that has unjustified confidence in their project. He could have been telling himself dozens of times, "we'll make up for this extra cost down the road.." Experts of Dangerous could have been a desperate money grab that was an epic failure. Who knows. Anyway, I doubt they had appreciation for the $$$ because the money fell out of the sky for Predator. They probably blew more money than anyone could imagine and have jack shit to show for it now.

#3065 4 years ago

He had to pay matt at back alley for the parts not just 10, paid the artist for the playfields, paid spooky to do up the playfields however many that is, paid the virtual pin guy for cabs, however many that is, he's gone to countless shows paid for flights, room and board, food for the trips. The guy also made a statement in one of the old threads about purchasing some type of tools for manufacturing, now im not sure if he ever did but he mentioned it.

And what about the custom manufactured boards? I'll bet development and mfg of that shit ain't cheap. I know some of it was PRoc but he was showing off a custom board in one of his videos. There are so many ways that could have gone wrong and unanticipated costs could have piled up.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Guys, he really does live in fantasyland. All you have to do to figure it out is Google a couple names.

do tell

#3262 4 years ago

Not that it really matters, but this situation reeks of a high achiever with a substance abuse problem.

#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Does anyone still believe that SkitB is a business with an actual business license.

nope!

#3304 4 years ago

Where could all that money have gone? Im pretty sure hes not buying a new house or driving a Mercedes. I think some is gone but I seriously dont see where the rest could have gone?

With this level of failure there is no evidence there was forethought of any kind. There is no reason to expect that money was managed properly. What if expenses were 2x what they anticipated? What if they issued a number of refunds and people that promised to buy in never followed through? Suddenly liquid assets could have become 1/4 what they expected - leaving them no financial headroom to weather the normal issues related to manufacturing. Or even manufacture anything.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I woke up today thinking how awesome my job is because I got to take the glass off of a Funhouse and show my daughters how Rudy's mechanisms work and teach them how to play pinball."

So this was his job? As in, taking/earning an income from it??

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If anyone is going to the Michigan Pinball Expo, Skit-B is supposedly going to be a vendor there.
http://www.mipinball.com/?p=893
I realize it's about three weeks away still, but it may be your best chance for a face to face interaction.

No way they show up. No way.

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

His wife????!!!!
I wonder how much she got paid?

Now shit is really starting to come together isn't it? No wonder Aaron bailed.

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm digging through the garbage cans on the side of their garage right now.

LOL that's F'n' priceless!

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There is absolutely no reason he can't take 1 hour of his time and refund 2 people.

Unfortunately time probably isn't his problem

#3571 4 years ago

I've got a money question for you tax guys out there.. How does it work when you take in $750k and sit on it for an extended period of time without having expenses (that equal revenue)? How does the tax man see it? Does that not count as $750k of profit when you haven't spent the money on mfg? Seems like a real sticky or at least pain in the ass accounting situation. Am I wrong here? I'm genuinely curious how this could work over a number of years. And take it one further - how could you be a non-profit with no real re-investment of what's left?

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You can store your cash in accounts just like any other company, even through multiple years.

Oh yeah, duh, that makes sense

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I will be watching American Greed for this episode

american-greed-hip-hop-hustle-rapper-chicago-blaxican-scams-investors-out-millions-trailer.jpg
#3586 4 years ago
i was there copy.jpg
#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I have that kind of power, then you are a pretty weak and easily influenced person.
For months people have been crusading against the project with very little real info. we still unfortunately have little of any real info.

I will say this, your statements sometimes came off like you had inside information, as if you had an "in" with Skit-B and knew what was going on. It gave an air of credibility to your optimistic statements.

#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If he did have a license, would everybody have a game right now?

It's a valid point.

You know what I think happened? He ran into trouble a long time ago with the license and he knew it. He was going to try and ship an unlicensed product and found out late in the game he's not actually capable of manufacturing it himself. When he needed to outsource MFG he realized he would have had to provide documentation that the license was legit. But now so much of the money is gone from earlier development, f'n' around and god knows what else - that he's stuck with nothing.

#3645 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

assuming he didn't make all 250

It looked like he did

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm pretty sure all 250 were made.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 250 plastic sets were purchased too. Seems like one of the easier things to source and likely to be purchased in a large quantity.

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think he meant he had a non-profit organization like a charity or what have you.

No he actually did, he said it very clearly.

#3809 4 years ago

The shitty artwork and logos were enough to throw red flags up for anyone at FOX, even the janitor. If anyone at Fox saw a hint of that machine they would be like "what the F is this and what intern approved this shit?" Then they take 5 seconds to look a little further and see it's some mofo in his mom's basement. This thing was all over the internet, at pinball shows in major cities with 1000's in attendance. I think this build stood out a lot more than people think.

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Additionally, I have no idea how he could claim to be a "nonprofit" organization?

Maybe he applied to be a non-profit disorganization?

#3938 4 years ago

He must have blown a lot of money on that Experts of Dangerous license to be able to drag the Mythbusters guy around like that. No way that guy would show up without money in the bank. Especially with a product that looked so weak. He looks pretty unhappy in the facebook photos. He must have done it for the cash. Doesn't look like he is happy to be a part of the project.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You sure know a lot about when Mr. X was doing things.
Does ... does, he talk to you sometimes?
Does he look like this?
Mr. X (Click image to enlarge)

LOL!

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

There was never a publicly stated reason that I know of. $50 says he knew the thing was unlicensed and Kevin was going to try shady shit so he bailed.

*To be clear, I am referring to Aaron Klump - Kevin's former partner. *NOT* Aaron from FAST Pinball*

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I wonder if the SKITB paypal account is still up and running? If there were any sense of financial shenanigans by paypal as reported to them from other paypal customers, I would think they would shut down the service on that account?

Probably part of the reason why refunds took so long is because the money was moved out of paypal and into a personal/business account. Moving around large sums of money probably throws flags at paypal, he probably moved it out of paypal as fast as he could. Would allow him more freedom and less accountability/traceability.

#4321 4 years ago

Anyone want to blow up skit-b's facebook with the anonymous link? I unfriended them after posting the Pinball News article on their wall and now I can't add it. It help get the message to the few that preordered and aren't on pinside

#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If this was a total scam from the start wouldn't Kevin have removed the money from PayPal as soon as it came in?

who says he didn't?

#5679 4 years ago

I don't think there has been any proof the money is actually in the paypal account. I also hope no one is letting Kevin's stall tactics delay any legal recourse they may pursue.

There is no proof refunds are coming. He could easily post a screen shot of correspondence to prove this.

What has Kevin promised that he has delivered? UV? License? Machines? ANYTHING?

#5683 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...a few tee shirts?

dammit Ted you got me

#5841 4 years ago

$50K+ no surprise there, and you know Kevie paid what ever he wanted because he didn't "earn" the "free" money thrown at him. SOB

#5843 4 years ago

$50K+ no surprise there, and you know Kevie paid what ever he wanted because he didn't "earn" the "free" money thrown at him. SOB

Too bad he didn't "Bust" the Predator "Myth" while he was there

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

All this talk of refunds is nonsensical. I am not waiting patiently for Kevin to process a refund. I am going after my money full speed. To date, he has clearly shown he is not forthcoming with anything. Why would I choose to believe him now?

yup

#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Given his track record, he's probably furiously Googling and catching up on Law & Order episodes in order to represent himself.

lol

OJGloves.jpg
#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Vid you sure have a hard on for people not getting anything back, is one of your buddies in the top 12 of the builds or what?

easy there

#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Paypal has closed my case and filed in my favor. I got my "refund" of 4500 . Good luck to everyone else!

CONGRATS!!!

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

I have just wasted a fair amount of time reading through this thread.Whysnow is an "IDIOT".And that is all I have to say.

Whysnow has probably pissed me off more than anyone on this forum, but you are way out of line. He was guilty of being very vocal and supportive of a project he truly believed in. I feel bad for him and everyone else that has been ripped off by Kevin. I think we've all learned something from this situation. Check yourself.

#6369 4 years ago

I just remembered something that those with money paid up with paypal may not think is comforting. I paid my $250 deposit by check in Nov 2012. I was #20 in production. In July 2013 I asked for my deposit back because I had doubts about the project. A couple weeks later he issued a refund via paypal. I didnt think twice at the time. So I guess my point is that you can't depend on the paypal money staying in paypal or any segregation of funds based on how you paid. God knows how this was(n't) organized.

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would have WAY rather seen Kevin send these games out under the radar.

For one thing, I don't think Kevin actually has the ability to mfg these machines.

As far as the 'bootleg' situation: It would have been almost acceptable if the people buying the product were informed it was a bootleg. But they weren't. They were not fully informed on the risk they were taking. Kevin was full of shit. Nothing cool about that.

#6768 4 years ago

lol I'm gonna puke if someone calls Kevin's M.O. that again

#6846 4 years ago

here come the lawsuits

here come the lawsuits.jpg
#6869 4 years ago

I just hope everyone is getting together behind the scenes, off this board, so they are organized and that every one of their planned actions isn't telegraphed to Kevin Kulek. You know he's reading every last word so he can strategize best. And since I just reminded myself that he is certainly reading this, "HEY KEVIN, F@#K YOU"

#6992 4 years ago

who knows if he has a lawyer, he's probably just getting wasted with the money

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The game sucked.
It barely worked at shows.
They had no path to manufacturing.
They would have run out of money if they tried.
All AG did was fire a bullet into the skull of an already dying dog.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

#7060 4 years ago

A good company loves and defends it's customers. A good company has every right to hate the people that ripped off their customers.

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Guess who's at Michigan Pinball Expo! It's Aaron Klumpp! Hmm. I'm glad he's not in hiding.

He's not so innocent, he just bailed before the shit hit the fan. I'm sure he knew right from the beginning what was going on.

#7223 4 years ago

For sure, that guy sold the game as much as Kevin. As far as im concerned he owes me money too

Yup, he bailed knowing the whole thing was a lie, and he let everybody throw their money at Kevin. He's f'n' scumbag too, and evidently even more stupid than Kevin Kulek because he'll show his face in public. I hate those f'n' guys.

#7269 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

cat-fight2.jpg

just add a ball gag and some candle wax and we're cooking with fire!

#7385 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I need help from the community. I have contacted two attorneys here and neither one wanted to help, even with a $2,500 retainer offered up front. It was clear there is more money than that as well. 2500, 5000, 10,000 , I dont care.
Some guys think they need to be licensed in MI to quarter back this case, which is just incorrect. You need to be able to HIRE an attorney to work for you in MI. That's all. I have had much better success hiring attorneys to be in charge of other attorneys, like is needed in this case.
I hire an attorney, from Louisiana let's say. Someone who totally understands the case and the issues. I pay that attorney thousands to start and that attorney hires a firm in MI to actually do the grunt work on the ground in MI. That prevents the whole miscommunication and "we know better than our client" attitude and gives the case a natural quarterback with attorney to attorney follow up. There really is no other way to operate if you are nationwide. You just can't find an attorney in my neck of the woods that is licensed in all 50 states.
I have several attorneys here in Arkansas that I could use, but it would be an uphill battle explaining all this to them. I want a pinball lawyer if possible - all this is going to be is sending letters and phone calls, I will bet $50.
So what I need from Pinside. all of you, is a recommendation for an attorney. A michigan attorney would be optimal, but as I described totally not necessary. What would be even better would be if a lawyer here on Pinside would step up to help me. I really need it. Not a joke.
If you are a lawyer reading this - if you can hire a lawyer to work for you in Michigan, you could do it. What matters to me is not where you are licensed, but that you care about this case and seeing a resolution. WHICH I WILL PAY FOR - no pro bono save the pinball world crap. I run a big company - if you take this case you can have access to the whole corporate staff to do your bidding.
So fellow pinheads...Please help me.
ps - if you are an experienced attorney and a pinhead reading this, please don't just sit on the sidelines, I need your help so I don't get screwed by an attorney to add to the shitstorm of Kevin Kulek.

Watch out mofos, here comes Rommy!

#7425 4 years ago

LOL this guy really SUCKS! He's even trying to play the victim card. HE IS SO FULL OF SHIT!

"And honestly, if these anonymous folks would have started by contacting me, instead of deliberately going out to attack the situation, it would have been taken care of quietly and quickly. And everyone would not only get their game, but get everything they ever asked for. It would be back on websites, and we would be able to promote the crap out of it, it would become this all-encompassing really cool thing, that these people could feel special to be a part of. And now most people feel like they were taken, and they were lied to, it’s like this really bad thing.”

LOL If the anonymous people would have just contacted him directly he would have fixed everything LOLOLOLOOL

#7430 4 years ago

How about this one:

"It’s hard to give bad news. If you remember, I said, as early as last April I said we were supposed to be hitting the line, and we got everything in order, and that was the time to pull the trigger. And that’s when the gravity of manufacturing really hit home and we drove through it, you know. And when problems arose, we stepped over them, we got through it."

Stepped over them and got through them? LOL Where are the machines? LOL

#7455 4 years ago

I feel bad for Marco, the photo of that bastard has him wearing a Marco Specialties shirt.

#7456 4 years ago

I feel bad for Marco, the photo of that bastard has him wearing a Marco Specialties shirt.

fixed it

FCKFACE.jpg
#7491 4 years ago

he must have a shitty lawyer if he got away with speaking to pinball news

#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Most likely he claimed nonprofit status because fox was allowing the ip to be used in a non-profit situation at a lower cost or no cost - just my guess
But there is no way, or at least it's extremely difficult for a manufacturing company to be non-profit. Bells went off for me as soon as I heard that.

There's only one answer to what happened, Kevin Kulek is a lying, fraudulent idiot.

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

The machine was declared 'production ready', and time to party..

It's obvious by that outfit he blew all the money on drugs

#8054 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I wonder if he or his family could legally sell the prototype after all this, he will definitely need the cash and I guarantee someone would drop a lot of money on it.

It would be a tough game to play with all that blood on your hands

#8057 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If it helped make the buyers whole it wouldn't be hard to wipe off.

Yeah, I could see that, that wouldn't be bad, but somehow I don't think the preorder guys would end up with any $$$

#8241 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

What if the settlement comes down to:
Each unsatisfied Predator buyer and up to 3 guests can use the SkitB vacation home in Midland, MI for 1 weekend date (Saturday or Sunday) once every 3 years with unlimited access to high-end photography equipment and up to 10 partially constructed Predator pinball machines.

so like a weird fetish orgy time share?

1 week later
#8344 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hahahahahaha!
My wife and I joke about this all the time. Having a baby is this weird mutation event that turns moms into one of several things (or all).
- Professional Photographer that just bought a DSLR
- Selling essential oils, thirty one, sex toys, or any other MLM scheme they can get involved in
- Nutrition/Cooking/Health blogger
- Crossfit expert

LOLOLOLOLOL

That's so true

#8378 4 years ago

I've stated this before, but I paid my $250 by check and when it got refunded it came via paypal. This was a while ago an I didn't think anything of it at the time. It proves there was no segregation of funds at the very least.

#8387 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Didn't he also have a court summons?

He probably didn't show up. I'm sure he's still just running away and avoiding everything

3 weeks later
#8852 4 years ago

HOLY SHIT! This is great news! I'm really happy to hear this for all you guys. Hopefully they keep rolling in!

#8949 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If it's Kevin just refunding people during the middle of the night, he has no idea who has had charge backs. This is a mess.

It's obvious if Kevin & his lawyer are not taking credit for refunds they are not doing it! In all of this they would at least take credit for something positive if they could - it would ease a lot of the pressure on them. I would think paypal knows who got chargebacks and who didn't.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

1. They initiated NO REFUNDS - Paypal did that. Sounds like he wasn't thrilled about it either

*EDIT* the following was pure speculation on my part and is most likely illegal.
Yep lawyer is certainly upset because Kevin probably has no money and the lawyer is watching his paycheck float away.

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I remember asking the detective about this. He said that Kevin couldn't use funds in the PayPal account to pay his legal fees as that would be using the funds for something other than it was intended. Larceny by Conversion, which is a felony.
KeithinMI can comment if he wants to, although I understand that's his work and this forum isn't.

Oh ok that makes me feel better. Thank you for clarifying that. I will update my comment

3 months later
#9636 3 years ago

How much proof is there that he actually has it?

#9643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What the hell are you talking about? I went quite a ways back in this thread...

I think he's talking about this:

Quoted from PinRebel:

Apparently someone on here contacted him on Facebook in a very threatening manner to him and his entire family.

#9891 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So it would be in Kevin's best interest to give the money back and get out of the lime light?

The money left probably isn't enough to make anyone happy. Kevin is probably using it to make cash purchases of arcade equipment so he can have untraceable, untaxable and ungarnishable income.

2 months later
#10175 3 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Still haven't received my empty Virtua Pin cabinet that he was paid in full for...

This statement confuses me. Did you buy an empty Predator cab from Skit-B ?

5 months later
#10684 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

You are making stuff up now. This is simply just not true. Fox could not have them confiscated, that is ridiculous.

I'm not defending his actions. I'm only saying he seems to have been very naive in believing he could make 250 machines before anyone could really stop him. He seems to have genuinely tried. Why would he order so many parts and cabinets if his only intention was to defraud? Why bother with all of the coding and game design and even building a couple of working prototypes just so he could defraud. Ridiculous.
Has anyone ever seen a public statement from Back Alley on how much money they have received from Skit-B for parts created and delivered? Why is that? Did they receive a significant amount of money? Can they comment on how many parts they created and delivered so at least folks could go after where those parts went? What happened to all those toppers they created too? Seems strange that has never been asked and publicly stated.

You seem to be pretty familiar with all this and parties involved even though you just joined pinside a couple months ago.....

#10687 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Because nobody knows anything until they join Pinside. I can only assume you are about 5 years old since you joined less than 4 years ago?

Gimmie a break looks like you created an extra account to stir up crap. And pretty much all predator interest came from pinside

8 months later
#14090 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sheesh,.....what did you guys do before email and texting?
John

screen calls with an answering machine

1 month later
#14587 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

When it wasn't "Mythbusters" and instead "Experts of Dangerous" it was clearly a project with Jamie and Adam and not the Mythbusters brand. To me, it was the writing on the wall for the eventual departure from the show.
When it was clear that Predator was not going to be out before we wanted to take EoD to Texas Pinball, we had to abort.
There will be zero market interest from the other pinball companies in the EoD "brand." Interest in EoD was lukewarm at best. We chose not to pick up the pieces as a result of that impression.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That is just the worst pinball art ever. Looking at those pics makes me want to hurt myself.

3 months later
1 year later
#18050 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I do get some satisfaction seeing Kevin dragged into court and driven underground.

I think everyone does when they imagine him squirming, but the worst part is that these lawsuits are probably only a minor nuisance to Kevin. To him it's a court appearance here or there, some letters in the mail to dodge or throw out. He was never going to be part of mainstream society that uses credit and pays taxes, so the consequences are minimized. I seriously doubt all this is affecting him much. The dude doesn't give a shit, that's why he ripped everyone off in the first place.

5 months later
#18220 6 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Making 1 game was always the "fair use" the person at the other end of the Fox phone told Kevin originally.

Let's not forget that conversation probably didn't even happen and was just another BS story from Kevin. It's unlikely anyone cares about 1 machine, but if it is out there earning money in public you never know. Some companies are more aggressive than others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 21.00
$ 40.00
$ 29.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside