Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider half_life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago

Ok, did some digging around the idea that the timing of release of the pin may (and I do mean may) coincide with a release of another Predator movie as someone suggested. Here's what I found:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

Does it really mean anything? Who knows, just thought it was interesting.

#60 4 years ago

Oldie but a goodie:

#t=379

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Two weeks of asking to be refunded and nothing. I think the guy calling Predator a scam may have been on to something. My bad for trusting these guys.

Ok, so anyone reading these Predator threads AND has contact with Kevin please get the two of them together and get this sorted out now. This is BS!

#140 4 years ago

Ok, so I just sent an email to support@skitbpinball.com to ask them if they would get these two people (MarcG and splitskull) their refunds. I don't know either of them and definitely don't have connections with SkitB (other than being a customer). My email may not do any good but I gave it a shot. There may be valid reasons for the delays but I'm not getting into that kind of speculation. I'm just hoping that SkitB will contact these folks and get the refunds to them as they have requested; no more, no less.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I just got refunded 4500.

Quoted from splitskull:

Same. lol.. just like magic! Got the full refund too.

Awesome news! Glad it worked out for you guys.

1 week later
#221 4 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Observing 6 unprotected cabinets....an 1/4 Inch off the floor....2 feet away from a steel garage type door (where rain/snow usually sneak past joints) seems like a concern to me. Perhaps some tarps and plywood on 4x4 stud horses would be more protective of the work in progress.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!

Obviously this is a photoshopped pic of other cabinets making the owners believe actual Predator's are being built. Sheesh, everyone knows there's no such thing as a Predator pinball machine. Hmmm .... must not read the Interwebs.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just finished scanning this whole thread and don't see any "Official" Skit-B" information within accept possibly a picture from the cabinet maker showing progress?

That's right! You see this is "The Official Pinside Skit-B Predator Discussion". We are merely "discussing" things related to Predator. There is very little "information" here. I think that's in another thread.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I just received an email back from Kev. Will update shortly.

Glad to hear that you and Kevin are communicating. Thanks for letting us know.

#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Love the shirt.

+1

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Either way you guys sure do have a lot of trust in something that is taking way longer than it should be with poor communication.

Do you remember WoZ?

Lastly, it's my money. Why should anyone be concerned about what I do with my money? I made the decision to back this fledgling company. I've not changed my mind. If this goes south, then I've lost that money; a hard life lesson. At that point and only that point could anyone say that I was a dumbass for jumping on that bandwagon to end up losing money. Until that comes to pass I will continue to support SkitB, period.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The whole point here is their communication is subpar. If they have issues tell us. If things re delayed, keep us updated with progress bar. If there are issues personally, say something. It's not hard. People tend to disappear and yes, a lot of Pinsiders tend to attack attack attack but for the wrong reasons. I see nothing wrong with everyone trying to get some form of communication from a BUSINESS.

I agree with you completely on this. Like others who have pre-ordered Predator, I wish the communication is a whole lot better than recent history. I think we all agree that this precedence will definitely hurt future sales for SkitB. That, in and of itself is sad for such a promising company. They are the only ones that can fix this; I hope for sooner than later.

1 month later
#584 4 years ago

Pardon me, but we just went through a couple of holidays primarily thought of as "time with friends and family". Perhaps you've heard of them, Christmas and New Years. As far as I know, a large number of people in SkitB's and Kevin's home state take time to celebrate these holidays. So if he took some time off for them, give him a break.

On the other hand, if Kevin doesn't send out an update by the end of next week, then we can get out the pitchforks!

Phil
Predator #229

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

*snarky message about the Predator-word-phobia rethought and then deleted*

Best wishes guys on getting your machines this year!

Coming from you, as one of the harshest critics of Predator, your present stance is appreciated. Although I didn't always agree with your points, you among others, at least made me take off my "predator-colored glasses" and consider a closer look at what was/is happening. At the end of the day, I'm still in for the long haul on this machine. Hell, I waited for WOZ. Perhaps I'm one of the "suckers" P.T. Barnum mentioned.

3 weeks later
#710 4 years ago

Well said BigPhil, well said.

1 week later
#773 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I think they are building them in his kitchen. That's prob why the pics are selective.

I don't care if they're building them in the back of a VW bus, as long as they're building them.

#817 4 years ago

What concerns me most, as a Predator customer, is what kind of support will this machine get in the event something goes "wonky". One can presume that the team will be extremely busy with EOD and can also presume that the current lack of communication will continue as such.

I think that in order for SkitB to alleviate this and future concerns from customers, they will most definitely need to do a 180 on communication. They need a PR person, badly. Collectively, we've said this all along - now is the time to fix this. I'm not sure, at this point, if their reputation can be fixed. It may be damaged too much.

Phil

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Get the Predator, play it and sell it for $7k in a few months...

$10k by Christmas!

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

In reality, it suggests that the one with the fewest assumptions is the most likely correct. Therefore, the answer with fewest assumptions is that SkitB is building machines.

Is that naive? Perhaps it is. I may have my head in the sand, in the clouds or in my anal orifice. I'm sorry, but these arguments have gotten way past old. I made the choice to support this fledgling company and purchase their vision of a Predator themed pinball machine. No one twisted my arm or placed a gun to my head; the decision was mine entirely.

I fully expect to get the machine I ordered. If not, it will have been an expensive life lesson. I would surmise that there is not one person among us that has not had an expensive life lesson at some point in their lives.

I will continue to support SkitB until they prove they are unworthy of the trust placed in them. That is my choice and that choice (and the consequences attached thereto) can only harm one person; me.

Phil

#1040 4 years ago

Nice display case Ted! I especially like the Harryhausen film figures on the center shelf. Also like the 7 Voyages of Sinbad poster on the wall. One of my favorite movies as a kid.

So back on topic (sort of)..... Where's the Predator stuff in your movie room?

#1071 4 years ago

Ted,

Going to a conference in Wayne, NJ next month. Would enjoy shooting the breeze with you if that is anywhere near you.

On topic - has anyone heard from Kevin at all for any kind of update? I will assume that there have been some folks that have emailed him recently. Are there any responses or are we still under the Cone of Silence?

Cone-of-Silence.JPG

#1073 4 years ago

Yep, got that preorder people update. I was hoping there may have been someone who had received an email that would indicate he hadn't fallen off the face of the earth. Perhaps I'll send him an email myself.

I too am hoping for a bit more in the next update. Would definitely be nice to see.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Perhaps I'll send him an email myself.

Well, I did exactly that. Sent an email asking if he would provide some pics of completed machines, wiring harnesses, populated playfields, something that would show progress being made. I do not consider that an unreasonable request from someone that has funded a small portion of this venture.

Although I don't anticipate or expect a direct response to my email, I hope that my request will be answered in the next update. I've been patient and my desire to have this very cool pin is waning rapidly. Without some sort of substantial update, I'm not sure if my support will continue.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Surely someone on here with some level of interest in Predator lives within a car ride of where these are being built, no? Has anyone tried?

The irony of this is we've seen it before. Remember when people asked this same question about WOZ? Talk about déjà vu. What's next, counting cars in the parking lot?

#1171 4 years ago

Perhaps TDA will post it in the "locked" Predator Update thread, like he has all the other emails from Kevin.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OK...HERE WE GO! ......

Finally, a voice of reason. Thanks Ted for taking the time to shed some light, even though you aren't on the pre-order list.

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If the license is fine there is zero reason for that last sentence.

C'mon Rob, for all that is good, please don't take a piss on the one ray of Sunshine that has come our (the pre-order folks) way. I appreciate your critical eye but can you let this one slide, just a wee bit? Just this once, ok?

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry Phil, I didn't think it was exactly in poor taste....

Thanks Rob. I forgot to add the smiley face. Like I said, I appreciate your critical eye. You call it like you see it. Like most on here, I'm tired of the drama and just want "real" answers. No more supposition, no more innuendo, no more BS. Either tell me I'm getting my machine or tell me I've lost my money so I can move on.

I owe you a beer!

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This is going to make a good documentary film...

And you're the man that can bring it to fruition.

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

16th March then. if this guy doesn't come up with something by then, then ....... what?

Pitchforks, tar & feathers.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Is everyone now discussing a potential Labyrinth pinball machine?

Pinball? This is a discussion about riding a cheap dime store pony.

#1959 4 years ago

In case anyone forgot.....

214240.jpg

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Maybe all you Predator people should pool some cash to hire a Private Investigator.

Don't need to. If you've read all of the threads inside this topic, you'd likely note there are already quite a few PI's on the case. We need to just let them do their thing. The truth will come out soon enough.

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

I really do feel for you, but if the $4750 makes that big of a difference in your life, then you definitely should not have invested it in a startup. Prepaying for anything is risky. Lesson learned the hard way?

Wow! Where is my wayback machine? Perfect statements, using hindsight, to make now after all that has transpired with pre-orders(Predator, WOZ, and others). Perhaps next time, we should consult an Oracle or crystal ball to determine if we should take a chance on something.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Someone start a kickstarter campaign for the Predator pre-order folks. The funds will be use to hire a Sam Spade type PI

963.png

Oh, wait..... would this be like a pre-order thing?

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I give you exhibit A: Elisabeth Shue.

No, no, no.

What, no love for redheads?

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Come on. No other reason? Not one?

One.

» YouTube video

Two.

» YouTube video

Three.

» weblink

Dammit Jared! I actually clicked one of those YouTube links. Ok, maybe two of them. Oh all right, I clicked all three. Happy now?

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Only two were YouTube links. But they are the links from skit-b for awesome videos they had up.

I knew I should have put a smiley face on that post. Jared, I was joking. I apologize if my lame attempt at humor fell short. Don't call the joke police on me.

(gratuitous smiley face)

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

..... especially the people who finally backed this project do NOT deserve to be lied to or misled.

This we can most definitely agree upon.

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and, let's not forget the "classics" that I grew up with...

Yes, let's not....

#2275 4 years ago

Yep, got home yesterday. Really enjoyed meeting you and just shooting the breeze. Definitely enjoyed the cigar club. Thank you for your hospitality. I hope I have the opportunity to return the favor someday.

#2309 4 years ago

Derailment.jpg

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Does all this mean my Predator t-shirt might become a collectable?

$10k by Christmas!

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You keep alluding to the fact that you have inside info here- why not share it? Or.... not say anything at all?

Why keep teasing these guys with your access when they cant get responses for months (THEY being paying customers).

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for asking questions others may not ask and your "get straight to the point without the drama and BS" in all of these Predator discussions, can you at least tone it down some until we, the pre-owners get the epic announcement from SkitB? Please?

I'm not asking you to stop, just slow down a bit. If the epic announcement is not what we, the pre-owners expect I'll be the first to join you for the tar and feathering. Thanks.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

What do the pre-owners (or just yourself) expect with this announcement (realistically) that would truly be 'epic'?

For me, the "epic" piece was my lame attempt at humor, forgive me. Back during the WOZ pre-order days, JJP made a post about an "epic" announcement that was basically announcing an announcement.

Realistically, what I would consider an "epic" (meaning positive) announcement is that:

1) There are definitively, absolutely, positively no issues with any license of any kind associated with this particular pinball machine/project.

2) Actual visual proof that machines are being built

3) Actual visual proof of some games finished and being shipped

Anything above that would be great.

On the other hand I guess "epic" could also carry negative connotations like

1) All pre-owners are royally screwed and lose all their money.

2) Some money is gone forever and some will be returned

3) Never had a license

I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Every single photograph I take goes through photoshop before I post it on my Flickr account. So I guess all my photos are technically "photoshopped"!

Oh my! The horror! To think you'd actually admit to "photoshopping". What is the world coming to?

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

... skin in the game...

hehehe, he said skin in the game and then showed the pic. Good one!

#2404 4 years ago

forgot what to say, oh now I remember....

and this.....

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

.... that brunettes are somehow better than blondes.

Would that be Photoshopped or non-Photoshopped?

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

One thing that I'm sad about is that I'll never know if my NIB Predator was going to have a pony hidden inside.

If we get our machines, I will personally send you a My Little Pony of your choosing.

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Skit-B World HQ, Midland Michigan - Appropriately located on a street with a warning sign for any who should seek answers there.

Sorry Jared, that was low.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Cigar Dinner tonight.

Dang it! I picked the wrong week to go to NJ. Too late now.

#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...as much as you can be an ass sometimes, that WAS pretty funny...

(referring to post #3034 by lowepg)

Gotta agree on this one. Well played lowepg, well played!

#3066 4 years ago

I don't care who you are, that's some funny shite right there.
(Arnold sporting SkitB goggles)

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I filed a dispute with my CC company that I used when going through PayPal; hopefully they find in my favor.

Sorry you had to go that route. I hope it works out for you. Best of luck!

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

what's your favorite color...

Blue, no yel..... aaauuuggghhhh
(sorry, couldn't resist)

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.

#3546 4 years ago

Well, sadly my limit has been reached. Perhaps I am/was naive; perhaps I believed so hard in this project that it clouded my judgement; shoulda, coulda, woulda. Maybe I had my head in the sand like one of RobT's picture or perhaps my head was up my rear end.

Nonetheless, I am weary of this journey. I'm willing to give it until Monday morning. If we hear nothing from Kevin by then, I'm asking for a refund. I tried to be patient, I tried to be understanding as I personally know hard it is to start a small business and I had hoped he would never let it get to this boiling point. I'm willing to give him a very small amount of time to step forward. I don't expect anything but I still carry some hope for a positive outcome, but even that is waning rapidly.

Kevin if you read any of this thread, do the right thing. As my Dad used to say, "Shit or get off the pot".

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Y'know whats really sad here is that this whole thing has totally killed my desire to play pinball. I can't even bring myself to play my machines as all I can think about is this mess when I do.

C'mon Russo. It's ok. Yes, it sucks that we have been treated this way. Don't let this one incident diminish your enjoyment of pinball. You have some cool games in your collection. You bought them to enjoy them. I'm just as disgusted about this situation as you but I still love playing pinball.

Take a break from this crap and enjoy some pinball with friends and family. That's what it's all about.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would lead one to expect he draws a salary.

That is a possibility but not necessarily a fact.

#4120 4 years ago

^^^ Well played!

#4199 4 years ago

Great, just great.

(typed a whole lot of venom and then just hit DELETE). Kevin, you have one chance to make this even partially right - GIVE BACK THE MONEY; all of it, not partially. Sell you car, your house, your boat whatever you have to make this right. You willingly stole money from people.

I hope this is the magic bullet that kills pre-order once and for all. I know it does for me.

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

We have to make sure this never happens again

We can. Just stop acting like a bunch of lemmings and perpetuating this Pre-Order business model. That's how we stop it.

#4760 4 years ago

The deed is done. Filed a dispute claim with my credit card company. Not sure if it will go any where but it is an attempt.

This may piss off some folks but I am not willing to accept a partial refund or a pro-rata refund or a bunch of parts and some money. I want all of my money back. Kevin can sell off his personal items to raise the cash to pay every single person that sent him money for this "vaporware". Anything less than him paying every cent back let's him off the hook in a small way. Not acceptable in my book. After that if he is taken to task by Fox, that is of his doing.

#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They fudge the numbers before the company even gets started. After prototype is made, the lies are out to get the investors to invest to start the company.

So kinda like a Ponzi scheme then?

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

She turned me into a newt.

You don't look like a newt.

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wasn't that the girl in Alien??

Nice one! I see what you did there.

#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So let's not try and turn this into corporate espionage or anything.

Quoted only for relevancy. Not directed at Aurich.

This whole thing is amazing. No one could write shite like this. I've seen made for TV movies that aren't near this good.

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If he doesn't make good on the refunds....

All this talk of refunds is nonsensical. I am not waiting patiently for Kevin to process a refund. I am going after my money full speed. To date, he has clearly shown he is not forthcoming with anything. Why would I choose to believe him now?

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I went through my CC company.....

Exactly what I did. They have been great to work with. They are experts at this sort of thing. I'll let them deal with PayPal who will in turn deal with Kevin. IF and I do mean IF, Kevin refunds my money before my CC company settles my dispute, I'll immediately let them know the issue has been resolved. Likewise, if my CC company settles my dispute before I get my refund from Kevin, I'll send him an email letting him know I have already received my money.

#6244 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No license.

The end.

Life support pulled.

Flat line.

#6255 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I also feel bad about all those Meerkats we shaved.

And they were pissed off too!

#6300 4 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

So in this case, telling them the truth about its sub-par quality is a good thing.

That would not be the truth, that would be your opinion. There were 250 people that would have disagreed with your opinion.

It's all good though. If we all liked/disliked the same things this place would be boring. I respect your opinion; I just disagree with it. Sadly, we'll never know how well the game played or not.

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It is sad that a Predator pin won't see the light of day.

Definitely agree on this. Lots of cool ideas and modes. I was really looking forward to it.

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or legal counsel has advised not to act

This premise has been mentioned quite a few times. What would be the advantage of legal counsel advising not to act? Not trying to start anything, just wanting to understand.

#6391 4 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Does anyone know what state and or city he lives in?

Denial.

1 week later
#6831 4 years ago

What I want to know is where are you guys getting pictures of my wife?

#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Here, let me contribute.

Burned retina's.

my-eyes.jpg

#6946 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This thread is now about Jazz and Blues!

JLH.jpg

On topic - Nothing heard from Kevin on my refund requests, not that I expected to. Still waiting on the days to pass for him not to answer my credit card company so they will complete the chargeback. Not much longer for that to happen now. I'll still be out of the $250 deposit but Kevin may be singing the Blues from his time in prison over this.

#7041 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The butthurt is strong in this thread today...

Ease up there, gunslinger. Blondetall and Nibbles posted their respective opinions and now you have posted yours. Perhaps this situation hasn't touched you in a way that it has others. Put yourself in the place of those on the short end of this fiasco who stand to lose considerable money. Now, how would you feel when reading comments like that.

Not saying you and others can't voice their opinions but the "finger poke in the eye" is not necessary. At some point, a level of decorum and/or professionalism needs to take place. Dissenting opinions are fine, just use some civility.

@flynnibus - none of this is directed specifically at you. Your posts were the catalyst.

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At this point, I would have gladly taken a kit and put it together myself.

I offered that to Kevin as a possibility.

This was his response, "That's an interesting proposal and while I will certainly consider it, it might not be a great idea right now with the license holders keeping such a close eye on us for the moment.".

#7301 4 years ago

The "Snowden's". The AG. Why did they do what they did? Why didn't they do what they should have done? Clearly there are two sides of the discussion and both sides are dug in deep; without either side showing signs of capitulating. Well, the discussion has gone on a long time and the cows have come home. How about letting this piece of the ScatB Predator fiasco die of natural causes as it is truly a no-win? The argument/discussion cannot be won/resolved.

Cows_have_come_home.jpg

#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Right.....Or if someone has a problem with civil discussion they can leave the thread, like Kevin.

You have missed the point entirely. Regardless of which side of this you may be on is completely irrelevant. Neither side is going to convince the other of who is right. We have read many, many pages of this particular topic and where have we gotten? We are at the same place we began. Is it so important that someone can thump their chest and say, "Look, I was right."?

What's done is done and cannot be undone. Continuing this finger-pointing is much akin to a urinary olympics. Let's just focus the discussion squarely where it needs to be, on Kevin Kulek and ScatB. I'm all for civil discussion provided new and fresh ideas are brought to play. Rehashing and volleying the same points is rather circular, don't you think?

#7576 4 years ago

Just received this from PayPal:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Phil,
We were recently notified that you initiated a chargeback with your credit card issuer because you did not receive your item or service.
Here are the details of this case:
• Seller's name: Skit-B Pinball
• Seller's email: kevin@skitbpinball.com
• Seller's transaction ID: 17U(removed remaining alphanumeric characters)
• Your transaction ID: 557(removed remaining alphanumeric characters)
• Transaction date: June 26, 2014
• Transaction amount: -$2,750.00 USD
• Disputed amount: $2,750.00 USD
We are working with your card issuer to resolve this chargeback. If this issue is now resolved, please let your card issuer know, and cancel the chargeback in your Resolution Center.
To learn more about PayPal and paying securely, click Security near the bottom of any PayPal page.
Sincerely,
PayPal
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, no shite I submitted a chargeback with my credit card company against SkitB and Kevin Kulek. The clowns at PayPal refused to do anything about it. This was fraud; I did not receive the product the merchant promised on the date that was promised; return my money. Simple.

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Paypal facilitated an illegal activity.

This, exactly.

They kept their stance even after I provided them proof from Kevin Kulek that he did not have the license to build nor sell this game (using his own written words). They stood behind their policy as I expected them to. However, they are complicit in this as well through facilitating fraudulent activity as scott_freeman pointed out in his post.

So as to be correct, PayPal doesn't owe me any money. SkitB and Kevin Kulek does. I don't care where it comes from. Return it, period. He has a choice, either do it willingly or I will pursue legal means to get it back. Once of those choices is going to be less painful.

#7663 4 years ago

I think this sums up where Kevin is about now.

#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, I think those who have read this entire thread need T-shirts . . .

shirt.PNG

#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a good one but survival is sadly a matter of subjective interpritation in this case.

Indeed. Although pissed at Kevin Kulek for this mess, no one died nor got physically injured. Further, I am pissed at myself for wearing the SkitB blinders and not seeing this crap sooner.

Lesson learned.

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Stuck in the middle truth with you

Stealers Wheel, almost.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

Anyway today the money appeared back in my CC .......

Great news! Seems like the only recourse so far is getting money back through chargebacks.

#8014 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I hope everyone takes the time to review their emails and forward those that are relevant to the detective as well.

^^^^^ This, exactly! ^^^^^

I sent all my Kevin/SkitB correspondence to the Detective to add to the mounting evidence pile.

#8130 4 years ago

Here, let me help you with that....

Top pic - old dude looking at porn

Middle pic - shite eating grin proves he's looking at porn

Bottom pic - asking the old girl, "Can you do that?"

#8264 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Its a slow process, expect to see something soon.

Refunding is hard.

#8266 4 years ago

KC, I'm in the same boat as you. Kevin Kulek stole money from me since he obtained it under false pretenses. I'm hoping the long arm of the law snags him and gives him what he deserves.

I'm also hopeful that all of us involved in this, get our money returned. A fools wish, perhaps but a wish just the same.

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

I got a temporary chargeback settlement for my $2750.

Great news! Looks like the charge-back is working for some folks.

I'm sure PayPal is not happy with this at all.

1 week later
#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.

1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.

2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.

3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.

I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!

Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.

Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.

Keeping this fresh. Do as Rommy suggests. Keep the pressure on Kevin Kulek. Even though some are getting their money back through chargebacks from credit card companies,that does not diminish the fact the Kevin Kulek willingly defrauded people. Do not forget that fact, Kevin Kulek willingly defrauded people.

1 week later
#8497 4 years ago

Bueller? Bueller?

#8558 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just heard back from the detective. Basically it says he cant do anymore with the case because nobody from Michigan will come forward so it not in his jurisdiction.

Please, someone in Michigan has got to step forward. Do not let this scumbag, Kevin Kulek and SkitB Pinball get away with taking money under false pretenses.

1 week later
#9184 4 years ago

I had initiated a chargeback through my credit card company and they credited my account. Today I got an email from my cc company indicating they have concluded their investigation and the credit will remain on my account. Good news for me.

So being a curious person, I checked my PayPal account. PP had initiated their own investigation (I'm sure due to my cc chargeback) and saw a message from them (PP) to me, "The chargeback case is closed because there is insufficient evidence to dispute the chargeback.". So apparently Kevin Kulek could not prove delivery and PP threw in the towel.

So, I got $2750 back (still no $250 deposit). That's a start. After reading all this crap about Kevin Kulek's underhandedness, I am going after him even if it costs me my deposit and more. It'll be worth it to watch this life lesson unfold on him.

1 month later
#9405 3 years ago

What could have been except for a liar and a thief.

214240.jpg

1 month later
#9480 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

how can you deceive that which itself is a deception?

Smoke and mirrors.

2 months later
#10044 3 years ago

Bump. Keeping it fresh.

2 weeks later
#10072 3 years ago

Bump.

Any court news to report?

1 week later
#10111 3 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey guys, a Future Pinball WIP of the Predator table is going to be available....

Ok, but does it come with the cool ultraviolet lighting?

Where do I send my deposit?

1 week later
1 month later
#10190 3 years ago

Bump.

Any news on whether or not this liar & thief is getting what he deserves?

Can't let this just fade into background noise.

1 month later
#10318 3 years ago

I really hope the scumbag, Kevin Kulek ends up going to prison over this. However, that may be 10 years from now as our legal system is somewhat broken.

3 months later
#10534 3 years ago

Just received in the mail a Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case (Form 309A) for one Kevin W. Kulek. The Case number is 16-21030-dob. There is a meeting of Creditors on July 12th, 2016 at 11AM in Michigan. Section 10 - Proof of Claim, of the document states, "No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now. If it later appears that assets are available to pay creditors, the clerk will send you another notice telling you that you may file a proof of claim and stating the deadline".

Kind of figured this would go down this way. It seems as though this scum will get off quite easy. Bastard.

#10880 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe Experts of Dangerous would have produced enough revenue to refund those that pre-paid on Predator.

Maybe. I think it"s called a Ponzi scheme.

#10904 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I think you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is.

Perhaps, but the similarities are there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a Ponzi scheme pay off "early adopters" with the money from those that enter the fray later? I never said anything about investing.

Either way it does not matter. Although I received some of my money back through my CC company, I'm still out $250. I consider it an expensive life lesson.

3 months later
#11873 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

anybody just get a copy of the proceedings and all the people he owes money to in the mail from a Charles Hodgson

thanks ed

Yep, got mine.

#11874 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Can someone pm me the list or just post if im on it? Mitchell A

Yep, I see a name on the list that could be yours.

#11889 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Debts that are excepted from discharge under one of the provisions of 11 USC §523 survive the discharge.
Please see https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/523 and you may want to read (a)(2)(A & B), (a)(4), and (a)(6)

Note that to preserve a claim so that it is *not* discharged ('excepted' from discharge), an adversary complaint has to be filed to assert the rights, since exception from discharge based upon (a)(2), (a)(4), or (a)(6) is not 'automatic' and the right to have it excepted must be asserted, else it is waived.

Note that debtors who are denied a discharge under 11 USC §727 do not have their debts discharged.
See https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/727
You may wish to read (a)(2,3,4,5,6,7); (c)(1,2); (d)(1,2,3,4)

You may contact me at my office or in a PM for further details.

Keith, thank you for this. Since some of us haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn lately or actually practice law, would you be kind enough to explain this in layman's terms?

#11891 2 years ago

Is that Batman or Catwoman? Can't really tell.

#11894 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not all debts are erased with a bankruptcy...

Thank you for the explanation.

1 month later
#12004 2 years ago

I hear Canada is nice this time of year.

1 month later
#12412 2 years ago

Sonofabitch! What a smack in the face to those us who have lost money in the Predator fiasco.

I'm hoping that 2017 turns out to be the year from hell for Kevin "douchebag" Kulek. Below the jail isn't good enough for this thief.

1 month later
#13804 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

The thread reaches a new low.

No, it hasn't. There's still time.

1 week later
#14063 2 years ago

Hello? Can someone point me to the Kevin Kulek discussion thread? I think I've lost my way in here.

Thanks.

4 weeks later
#14533 2 years ago

Ummm....pardon me....I must have gotten off on the wrong floor. I think this is the Grammar and Spelling floor. Can someone point me to the Predator floor? Thanks.

1 week later
#14673 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just checked again this morning and nothing new yet.

Thanks Wolf for taking the time to do this. Genuinely appreciate it.

#14710 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm sure you are tired of me posting this by now, but no new updates as of just now.

Quoted from pinlink:

Not tired of you posting at all.

Agree with pinlink. Please don't think or assume that your posts are not wanted. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Thank you!

1 week later
#14839 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

It's probably the same Keith, and one would assume he's allowed to sell his nice pinball machine

Nice machine, but I think it needs a few more adornments.

#14970 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

... threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock.

Whoa, hold on a minute. This is a family forum here. Keep those words outta here.

1 week later
#15070 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

fine. You want a picture. Here I am at my other "job".

Aha, a bass player! This proves you are cool!

2 weeks later
#15463 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How many times must she tell you...THEY LED SEPARATE LIVES!

Oh, I thought she said they led separate "lies". Sorry, my bad.

#15547 2 years ago

He is.

Just not for playing pinball.

#15586 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Forward that to the Judge...

Something tells me that Keith may already have that info and more on the former "employees" of SkitB.

#15609 2 years ago

Free advice to the Kulek's .......

first law of holes (resized).jpg

#15655 2 years ago

Derailment (resized).jpg

1 month later
#16139 1 year ago
Quoted from aalucero:

Does anyone have the picture of the trailer (without the kids)?

Identity of kids and dog protected. Also removed other named individuals that left comments on her Facebook page.

Added 23 months ago: I received a request to have the photo removed. I asked the Moderator Team to remove the photo for me as I could not.

#16147 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

My thought was that Kevin bought the trailer and put it on grandma's lot as a backup home in the event he lost his house to the courts.

Interesting thought. Definitely plausible.

#16148 1 year ago

From the NADA site (in case anyone is in the market for one):

pasted_image (resized).png

#16175 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Odd that the travel trailer that isn't road worthy is hooked to a truck in that picture.

You weren't supposed to notice that little detail.

2 weeks later
#16789 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How many hobbyists buy full replacement cabinets?

Perhaps not many.

However, a new CNC machine can provide a means to other revenue unrelated to pinball hobbyists.

#16835 1 year ago

I think it needs an U.S. Marshall "capture" magnet.

#16852 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just waiting on more docs/audio to be posted......

As always, thanks for taking the time to bird dog this and provide updates.

I'm sure most, if not all, of us truly appreciate it!

#16874 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I thought the house judgment was to be resolved by July 19th, although I could be wrong. It's posted on here somewhere

I think it was on July 9th (if I read the Court document correctly), but could be wrong. PACER file here:

https://images.pinside.com/b/5a/87/b5a87701aea0b29f7bc6fddc9749034701437279.pdf

3 weeks later
#17003 1 year ago

Wait, let me get this straight. Mama Kulek is afraid of Halloween, but yet her daughter-in-law, allegedly, is a witch?

Also, what happened to the frail old woman, who struggled to breathe, that couldn't even move a chair in the courtroom? The theatrics going on with the entire Kulek clan is unbelievable. Mama Kulek gets all of her mail except for anything from the Trustee? Seriously?

Listening to the last recording really started to piss me off. It's time for the games to stop and it could. The Kulek clan needs to come clean and own this entire feces show. They perpetrated it and need to live with the consequences, whatever they may be. If they wish it to end, they are the only ones that can make that happen.

3 weeks later
#17209 1 year ago

nothing_to_see_here (resized).jpg

1 month later
#17488 1 year ago

Bump.

Just keeping this towards the top.

1 month later
#17590 1 year ago

Bump.

Don't want this to get buried.

#17596 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Bumping with no news is dumb. It's not a for sale ad.

While I respect your opinion, I disagree with it.

Perhaps the bump would spark someone to add something that may be relevant.

3 weeks later
#17755 1 year ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I love all of the Micihgan people that are rooting for Kevin

curly (resized).png

5 months later
#17978 1 year ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I'm just holding out for the day K gets a job so I can garnish his wages.

methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_535abe1e-cc92-11e7-9c39-5f5a69673022 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#18143 6 months ago

Like most roaches, he scurried off when the lights shined on him.

He'll be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

2 months later
#18241 3 months ago

Received this in the mail today. Not sure what it really means as I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Kulek.pdf
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 129.25
Lighting - Led
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider half_life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside