Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Just curious, has anyone done the math on the production numbers for JJP on WoZ?
Forget what they SAID they were building/week/month, but looking at the total number actually shipped divided by the number of months since production began?

JJP built approximately 900 LEs and 600 standards between May 2013 and Sept. 2014. You can probably add 20-50 Ruby Reds to that estimate.

2 weeks later
#257 9 years ago

They may as well forget about Experts of Dangerous or any other title for that matter since hardly anybody will buy from them again after this debacle.

#258 9 years ago

People can say all they want about the way we Pinheads give these home brew companies a hard time about communication and that it will lead to no new and diverse games, but who wants or needs it if they are going to disrespect the customer this much.
Besides, there seems to be plenty of different flavors to choose from recently.

#272 9 years ago

And there is not much there either.

#283 9 years ago

Does anybody know if the game will be a Predator™ or Predator?

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You're not starting the license debate again, are you?

I figure the answer will be known when the first game ships. The TM mark will be the tell.

#380 9 years ago

I was sent a ban warning several days ago for the very subject matter everyone including at least one moderator is discussing.

3 months later
#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've seen the email, but I don't want to be a dick to the people who've sent it to me, so I'll summarize:
Things aren't great, there are nefarious forces out to stop the project, but Kevin is committed to everyone, and you should watch out for more info. But in the meantime, feel anxious.
I wish I was joking, but that about sums it up. What a weird email to send. It would have been better to just stay not communicating then send that message.

Can't say I am surprised. The licensing of the game has appeared to be amateurish at best for the last 18 months.

#1532 9 years ago

Think how much Matt at Back Alley must have invested in this game with all the parts and mods he has made already. We better all hope these games get made not only for our friends that have money in but also hard working pinball people like Matt that do this stuff for a living.

#1535 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

If Skit-B doesn't show video of a completed machine , or any(completed) machines in the next 2 day's,
means there are no machines being built....

What is the significance of two days?

#1561 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

Quoted for the record.

#1849 9 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

General Hopper ate up all the funds.
General Hopper.jpg

I hope Matt has already been paid for his production.

1 week later
#2349 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

13 days and counting. I hope everyone gets that good news.

#2413 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope everything works out and everyone gets their games. This is a crazy thing and after 2 weeks we'll know one way or another. If I find out anything before that, I'll post here...

Two weeks has arrived! The anticipation for the news is palpable. I sure hope to see many of those that pre-ordered Predator very happy when the impending announcement is made.

#2418 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unless something has changed, the code is going to be open source, so anyone can change it. But the reality is for most of what folks would want to do, the code would not need to be touched, you would just need to replace the appropriate files to get the sounds and images you want.
I suspect it would not take long for there to be an 'alternative image/sound set' for the machine. Obviously that is not going to help resolve any artwork changes. Sound and voice call outs will be tricky, since you have to remove the sound effects, background music etc.

Did I miss something? You make it sound as if it is fact that they don't have some licenses that were shown in the prototype.

#2434 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's funny that my favorite local beer is now a "Meme"

fantasyfactory.jpg

OMG, t-shirts are going to be made.

https://www.facebook.com/Karben4

#2437 9 years ago

Awesome, my new PC wallpaper:

welcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu (1).jpgwelcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu (1).jpg

#2438 9 years ago

This guy should be hired to do the art for some pinball machines:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/sharpwriter

#2489 9 years ago

^Maybe Ted is busy sharpening the tips.

#2585 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I can confirm that Spooky Pinball is not building these. Chuck did some PF's months ago, hasn't heard boo since.

Did Spooky or Chuck get paid for said playfields?

#2837 9 years ago

Are there any salaries being drawn from the Skit-B organization?

#2874 9 years ago

It is amazing how much grief some us were given in this very thread back in November for raising the license issues that seemed so obvious to many a long time ago.

#2969 9 years ago

^Now everybody can have Kevin's phone number.

#2974 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He said it himself originally! I remember thinking then how odd that was. Easy to check with the Secretary of State on their website.

If there is no non-profit status then wouldn't income tax need to be paid for the revenue beyond the deductions for business expenses?

#2978 9 years ago

Here is some info about entertainment companies being non-profit:

http://info.legalzoom.com/can-entertainment-company-nonprofit-26106.html

#2994 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back to titties would be good. Need some good NCAA cheerleader pics in honor of today's kickoff.
F it I'm gonna go drink beer and watch basketball!

Yes, time to watch some more Big12 disappointment.

#3434 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Okay, I think what I'm trying to say isn't coming across effectively...my apologies.
I'm not saying that everything is rosy, don't worry, great news is coming, etc etc etc. If you want to worry, then go for it. If you want to be super-upset about how everything is going...I understand, and support you in your endeavors. There's a lot of frustration going around, and I'm not trying to ride in here on a white horse and tell you it's all going to be awesome. Obviously, it's a dumpster fire right now. Stop pouring gasoline on it, because it isn't helping.
Bottom line is that SOME of the posts are really crossing the line...and we can't have that. Personal info being posted, people are dragging wives and family members into the mess, and there are thinly veiled threats being lobbed around. We just can't allow it...because to be honest, it's getting downright *dangerous*.
So, yeah...I'm asking for some to relax, and I'm trying to be clear about what is allowed on site. It's a very difficult situation right now, and the mods are all doing the best they can.
We do appreciate your support...
Pete

Dragging family members into the thread has proven to be valid. The family members were involved with Skit-B doing art and managing the finances. Those are from Kevin's statements.

#3593 9 years ago

He is listing Skit-B as his job in the linkedin account, build manager? That would lead one to expect he draws a salary.

#4179 9 years ago

One thing I did not notice in the article is the subject of what status Kevin has for Skit-B. Is it a non-profit, is he acting as an individual without a company, or is it an LLC or something similar?
Also, does Kevin and/or Skit-B have tax filing issues related to the income from the sales?

What a mess.

#4231 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Holy crap the set of balls on this guy! One Shameless sack of garbage that's for sure.
Or just one of the dumbest guys on the planet.
There is a lot of bad BS here but the worst of it strikes me when he was demanding people be paid up back in June, taking all that money knowing the shitstorm that was coming.

Was that around the time his wife bought the house?

#4263 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Will this be the first thread to make it to 10,000????

Whatever it gets to, this thread will live in Pinside infamy.

#4312 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Per Amanda, "he [Kevin] is in the process of dealing with all of this like PayPal and his layers have adviced as well as getting the right info out there instead of the online slander you heard."

"layers have adviced"... Wow.

#4433 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Keefer ,
Pretty sure spell check is the last gdm thing important right now!

Just to be clear it was Kevin's wife's supposed quote, not mine.

#4643 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But you also need to think about how and the timing of pulling the fire alarm.
I like you analogy so I will stick with it.
the fire erupts, mr x gets his family out of the building, and then turns the gas pump back on the building to make sure everyone else is fully engulfed, THEN he pulls the alarm and just points to the guy that started the fire.

That is way over the top.

#4872 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Skit B soon to mean
Some Kevin In The Bighouse.
And rightly so.

Change the "Some" to "Sad".

#6197 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Paypal has closed my case and filed in my favor. I got my "refund" of 4500 . Good luck to everyone else!

GREAT news!!!

#6455 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Has anybody thought about calling Skit B's local news stations and giving them the details on a story happening in their own backyard. I would say if several people called, they would look into and maybe help out in some way. They could put pressure on local or state authorities to get something done. All it would take is a persistent reporter looking for a big story to take this over the top.

Not sure , but would this be it?:

http://archive.wzzm13.com/news/specials/13onyourside/

#6719 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Autonomous Group?

Anonymous Group

#6721 8 years ago

AG= the group that anonymously contacted Fox. Vid, the way you have been chipping in with info I am surprised more have not speculated that you were involved.

#6724 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That would not be my style, because I'm not a narc.
I would have WAY rather seen Kevin send these games out under the radar.
Parents would tell their children about the bootleg Predator in the basement, like grandpa used to talk about the secret floor panel in his bootlegging car.

The problem was always that Kevin never would have gotten 250 games out before getting shut down by Fox and the courts.

1 week later
#7195 8 years ago

Someone above mentioned the Predator spine and skulls. Has anybody heard anything from Matt at Back Alley about this project? I would hope Pinball News contacted him to get his side of the story, especially since Matt had already made the mods and molded figures for the game.

#7541 8 years ago

RE: Skit-B's latest Pinball News propaganda.
Lies, damn lies. He specifically said getting the rights to the song was the most expensive part. I am forced to believe he never actually paid for the song rights either (i.e. he likely never made a financial deal to obtain the rights to use the song "Long Tall Sally" in his pinball machine). 1:24:45 of the podcast:

Quoted from ChadH:

On the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast #3, Kevin specifically talks about the licensing of the song "Long Tall Sally".
http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp003-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep3-the-greatest-v-the-newest/
He says:
-----------
"One of the most expensive parts of the Predator machine is Long Tall Sally."
"We had to make that deal well before anybody had ever helped out, you know, with deposits or anything. That just had to happen and I worked a lot of long weeks to make sure it did."
-----------
Did he really get this license?

#7609 8 years ago

Has anybody reported Kevin to the IRS for potential tax evasion and fraud? Most, if not all, of the money he has taken in surely should have had taxes paid on it unless he filed some kind of business/corporation application (which it did not sound like he did when everything blew up).

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Fraud-Alerts

How to report a potential tax fraud:
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

#7904 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Usually the !!!!!!!!11 is enough to signal sarcasm for anyone who's been on the net for more than a year.
But, let the thumbs down roll, bitches!!!!!

If Kevin really is as delusional as he appears, his kids may actually be better off not having him around. I am sure Aaron Hernandez's kid is better off now that he is convicted.

#7948 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Changed my Predator status on my-pinside/collection... Pin moved from "wishlist" to "collection history" "Owned in the past"...whatever that means here!

History.png

There is also the option to delete it if you don't want that constant reminder of this miserable odyssey.

3 months later
#9413 8 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

For all of you people too nauseated to watch the clown-act, I'll quote at 37:45 (this was from NWPAS 2013 show)
"Once we got the Predator license *legitimately*.....".
People should watch when they open their mouths.

They said "keep the theme". In hindsight, now knowing they never had the license, that coming from Kevin and Aaron's mouths sort of seems they meant something different from what it meant to pinheads when they were under the impression Skit-B actually had the license.

9 months later
#10495 7 years ago

Any news?

1 month later
#10559 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Chapter 7 - Liquidation under the Bankruptcy Code
Chapter 7, entitled Liquidation, contemplates an orderly, court-supervised procedure by which a trustee takes over the assets of the debtor’s estate, reduces them to cash, and makes distributions to creditors, subject to the debtor’s right to retain certain exempt property and the rights of secured creditors. Debts obtained by fraud or false pretenses are not dischargeable - If a Creditor Successfully Objects.
The court may revoke a chapter 7 discharge on the request of the trustee, a creditor, or the U.S. trustee if the discharge was obtained through fraud by the debtor, if the debtor acquired property that is property of the estate and knowingly and fraudulently failed to report the acquisition of such property or to surrender the property to the trustee, or if the debtor (without a satisfactory explanation)
makes a material misstatement or fails to provide documents or other information in connection with an audit of the debtor’s case.
11 U.S.C. § 727(d).
Dammit Keith in MI. You can obviously show that he fraudulently claimed owner ship of the license and thus committed fraud. Thus, he cannot hide behind chapter 7. Earn your money that so many victims have paid you.
I'm a creditor and the debts are NOT dischargeable. Shit, looks like another drive to Michigan.

What about the cheap house his wife bought during the Predator days? It seems like most states consider that joint property, and the possibility that they purchased it with the Predator money should/could be brought up in the bankruptcy.

#10599 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Get him for tax evasion also? Now there is a collection agency that won't let him off so easily.

Here it is if someone that has been harmed wants to report Kevin to the IRS for not paying taxes on the ill gained money:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-you-report-suspected-tax-fraud-activity

#10626 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

If nothing else you can take pleasure knowing his credit is destroyed for the next 10 years. No car loans, no housing loans, no cellphone loans, nothing... It's a slow death dying by 1000 cuts.

It probably does not matter that much since Kevin appears to live like a parasitic fish at the bottom of a swampy pond.

3 weeks later
#11083 7 years ago

What happens if Kevin backs out of the bankruptcy filing? Could it be a ploy to get people to stop litigation without him planning to actually finalize the bankruptcy?

#11251 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't close this thread, it would just result in new spin out threads where people who just learned of the situation needed the entire thing re-hashed and where people who already drained this thread would have to drain a new thread.
This is one of Pinside's most favorited (and most drained) threads for a reason, for that reason the thread will remain open.

There needs to be a different term other than "favorited" for a thread of this type of subject matter.

1 month later
#11560 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Well, I'm pleased to announce that as of today --
Winter is here, John Snow.
Please feel free to PM me for details, if you are so inclined.

I hope it is good news.

#11563 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Meaning he's going to jail? Good for buyers bad for him?

That would be the best result it would seem. That and getting money back.

To me this fraud is more clear cut than the JPop debacle.

#11566 7 years ago

It would be pretty cool if the judge ruled that his house is not protected under bankruptcy. Since the purchase of the home seemed to coincide with the Predator pre-payment period, it would seem his wife would need to be able to show where she got the $30k to pay for it (or whatever amount is was).

#11592 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It would be pretty cool if the judge ruled that his house is not protected under bankruptcy. Since the purchase of the home seemed to coincide with the Predator pre-payment period, it would seem his wife would need to be able to show where she got the $30k to pay for it (or whatever amount is was).

Quoted from Taxman:

Does that mean he could lose his house after all? (Item (10))

I'll be darned if I did not guess it yesterday.

Sinners will suffer, hopefully.

#11594 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

And yes, I too am pretty surprised at a 30k house.

At $30k it might be more of a shack than a house?

#11734 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Business Plan of a con man:
1. Build a hobby pin with an exciting sounding theme.
2. Tour the show circuit with said machine building credibility and an impression that the games release is imminent.
3. Squeeze interested parties with pressure that the run will be limited.
4. Collect hundreds of thousands in pre-orders until the wheels fall off.
5. Stash and run.
6. If successful, lay low and repeat with a new set of marks.
I believe part of what many are trying to accomplish is to stop this last step from ever happening.

It seems Twisted Pins took an even simpler route.

#11777 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Anyone find it ironic he lives in the city of "pinconning"?
That house was bought in May of 2015, and it apparently wasn't bought for $30k, it was bought for $89k
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/810-W-2nd-St-Pinconning-MI-48650/23738902_zpid/
Spokeo says there are 5 Kulek's residing at that address. Get contact names for just 95 cents:
http://www.spokeo.com/MI/Pinconning/810-W-2nd-St

Conning is in his blood.

2 months later
#12012 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He can always no-show, be held in CONtempt and have a bench warrant issued against him. Then he just disappears, walks from the house and lives somewhere using the good old Underground eCONomy.
Smaller Route operators are pretty good at doing this.
In this scenario, the recovered assets might barely cover legal fees. Hopefully those who paid for representation will at least get their fees back.

Didn't his father also disappear?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/kulek_kevin.html

3 weeks later
#12052 7 years ago

Pain has arrived and it certainly sounds like there is more where that came from.

3 weeks later
#12858 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Sorry guys, There was a bit of confusion on how to handle this particular situation and the mods waited for my input. And since I'm in a different timezone plus less time behind a screen during the weekends it took some time to act.
Dupe accounts are not allowed. Period. If an account is frozen or banned then obviously we cannot allow the same person to just simply create a new account and continue posting. Well, technically they can of course - but dupes will be detected and then also frozen.
We're soon gonna be blocking posting access to several sub-forums (including all game manufacturers forums) for all unverified accounts in the near future. And that should also make dupe/fake/troll account posting a lot harder (well, that's the idea at least).
Finally, please take it easy on the mods. You have no idea how much effort they put into helping me keeping this site running.
Thanks!

Great job. The verification aspect has already seemed to make a difference. With the additional blocks it should make it even better of a firewall against trolls. Nothing is going to be perfect, but it all helps.

2 weeks later
#13126 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Wow, he is doing the "playing dumb" card the whole way. Well, he can do that. He will go to sleep one day, and wake up in a jail, and whoa, what's this?

It must not be playing at this point, just dumb.

#13588 7 years ago

The judge referring to the path ahead for Kevin: "It could have a lot of ramifications for the people he holds dear to himself....".

This was after the judge mentioned possible payments by Kevin to family members for Skit-B supposed employment and noting the court has not been shown W-2s showing earned income for those family members.

It seems Kevin's best course of action would be to fully spill the beans and turn over everything to save his family from being thrown into this legal mess.

#13592 7 years ago

Couldn't the credit union show what format an account holder's transaction history should look like? It sure sounds like Kevin is likely manipulating the data to make it super difficult to decipher.

#13596 7 years ago

It is so damn painful listening to such weasily type people like Kevin.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#14547 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

And now for something completely different:
**Does anyone know someone, or can they get me a warm introduction to Gary Stern or a telephone call with him, please?** (or if he has an assistant who has direct access to him (his "ear"), that would work too.
I need to discuss some business with him. Please respond to me privately if you can, or know someone who can. I'd appreciate it.
Also a telephone call/warm introduction to Jack G. (Jersey Jack) would be great also.

Do you want to unload a lightly used CNC machine?

2 weeks later
#14778 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Nothing really new on PACER yet. Late last week a document appeared where Kathy Kulek wants to re-open her adversary proceeding so she can reply to the RV claims, but that is it.

Is that request within the time for response requirements?

1 month later
#15332 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/richer-people-want-fewer-children/?_r=0

#15471 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

anyone have the quick link to VirutaPin's post about not producing cabinets for Skit-B unless they had a license? Been searching forum but can't locate
thanks

It is all here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=noahfentz

You can click on the "years ago" part next to the post number to get the actual dates.

1 month later
#16384 6 years ago

I wonder if Wet Willy is riding the waters past the Kulek residence today.

tumblr_ogilr2HTH01qd9g7oo1_1478930079_cover (resized).pngtumblr_ogilr2HTH01qd9g7oo1_1478930079_cover (resized).png

#16429 6 years ago

Where is the quadrant for number of jars of money washed up out of the ground from the flooding?

1 month later
#17105 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I cringed when she wedged herself in to the little inside joke between the judge and Keith in the first minute. It felt like a scene from The Office when Michael tries to include himself in things.

I hate to say it because it sounds sexist but in an audio only listen she sort of sounded like she was being flirtatious at times with the banter she was doing to win favor with the judge.

#17107 6 years ago

One thing that should be pointed out bluntly, if VirtuaPin is not doing well selling virtual pinball machines it likely has very little to do with the Skit-B disaster. People are re-discovering real tactile pinball and are getting away from video representations of games and instead are seeking the real thing. If I wanted to play video pinball I would simply play on a Playstation. That is how I re-discovered pinball in the first place.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.