Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Down Simba! That was not my angle here.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't know what the hell this even means but I take it as a personal attack. You may want to go back and read the rest of the TOS you quoted before.

OT: ^Says the guy who probably holds the 2014 pinside record for personal attacks, sorry dude your fake selective outrage is weak! You jump from thread to thread bashing people and games and then fall back to a thread like this one and cry foul on everyone for doing the same thing you do in other threads.
In the last week you have:
1. Spazzed out on Tigerlaw (probably the most decent Mod on these forums)
2.Called Rick at PPS a liar (pretty sure that's a personal attack)
3.Had countless fits and been thrown out of multiple threads

Honestly dude after you freaked out on Tigerlaw I'm suprised you weren't retired permenantly!

Maybe you are the one who should go read the TOS rules.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The license issue about skit b not being able to show the game or mention Predator has been explained by a company working closely with skit b. Everyone can search and find it if you want or you can just keep whining and complaining and contributing nothing. From day one it was said the license was cheap because it was very limited. We are getting our updates regularly now. Kevin has explain the lighting upgrades. Why must people keep whining about the license. Why would he keep giving us updates if the game wasn't coming? What does he have to gain by it? If you worried about the license and your in on a game back out and get your money back. If your not in for a game just STFU. Don't you people have anything better to do then rehashing the same crap.

Seriously dude? You should swing over to the JPOP thread sometime, you Predator guys have it easy!

Ps. Your on an Internet pinball chat forum, so if you are gunna tell people to "STFU" you might want to take your own advice.

1 month later
#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Aurich, I just don't see a need to feel anxious if SkitB is either gonna build the pins for preorders or refund the rest.
That's all.
Whysnow, take it down one notch man. You're stressing out here. So far so good.
Let's see what happens in next few weeks.

How much money has Kevin spent to date on Predator? That money is no longer available to refund as it has been used. I'm in on a JPOP game and we are in a similar situation, the only cure is to build games. After all this time there is no way enough money remains to refund everyone.. IMHO

#1527 4 years ago

Those glowing ramps are ghosting us MutherF#%er

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

When he introduced his roughed in prototype at the Michigan Expo nearly 3 years ago I asked him specifically if he had and problems with the licensing and if it was expensive. He said "it was no problem at all" and added that he already had the rights and it cost him $150. That was when I made up my mind to never get involved with this project at any price. I walked away muttering to myself "no way does he have the rights".

$150 Arnold probably charges that for an autograph.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

These photos make me feel strange in my bathing suit area.

Nothing to see here... It's just the pattern of the pants.

#2233 4 years ago

This thread is derailing in a good way!

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

On a real discussion point, who would be willing to accept the same machine without the license? I'm thinking that's where this will end up.

What would that even mean and could it be done?

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Proceed with non licensed version?

olivia-munn_300x430.jpg

Raven 2 re-theme? (Are your games missing in action)
image.jpg

#2402 4 years ago

Meanwhile back at Stern.....
image.jpg

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on predator over jpop at this moment in time.

I might agree with you if Predator is gunna be re themed but as Predator (the game that was originally shown) I think JPOP will win the race, as he doesn't have to win a license battle with big name studio and actors (Arnold)
Good luck to all of us because if any of us get burned... In the end we all get burned.

#3416 4 years ago

Yikes just got the current Pinside weather forecast.... It's not looking good!
image.jpg

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this

Dude please tell me your not enjoying this? a lot of good people could get burned here. The thought of this project imploding makes my stomach turn!

Disclaimer: my name is Sean and I am a pre order-aholic, it has been 7 months since my last preorder.

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Someone fill me in so I don't have to read this whole thing. Is the Predator pin going out the window like JPoop? I hope not for you guy's sake.

Give it a rest dude! JPOP has his own issues (slow & stubborn) but they are way different than Skit-B issues (lies and fraud)

#6404 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I just got a REFUND from PAYPAL!
But it was for a bad Ebay deal. Carry on.

LAME!

#6532 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

There are people on here that are just NOW finding out about this PayPal situation but were plenty fine to give money away to someone based on them being a "cool guy and good pinball player" .

you forgot something very important... Kevin was a "cool guy" and "a good pinball player" but most importantly (to me at least) he has "a ‘punk rock’ approach to pinball"

#6716 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Vid1900 is Grand Poobah of the Trilateral Commission of Freemasons and Knights of Templar. I did the secret handshake with him once. (clammy hands)

image.jpg

#6800 4 years ago

McDowell's does make a tasty burger!
image.jpg

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The game sucked.
It barely worked at shows.
They had no path to manufacturing.
They would have run out of money if they tried.
All AG did was fire a bullet into the skull of an already dying dog.

Don't pull punches Ben just come right out and tell us how you feel.

2 weeks later
#8221 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There are many more actually. Some would say too many.
Iceman44
JamBurglar
Gambit3113
TktLwyer
PinLawyer
Apollyon
Dbaum88
Silver_Spinner
MTPPC
Magic_Mike

image.jpg

1 month later
#8862 4 years ago

What's odd is that we know Kevin spent some of the money, so if he is refunding some in full doesn't that mean that others are gunna get screwed?

1 month later
#9422 3 years ago

Speaking of scammers...

Google hit link
http://www.johnpopadiuk.com/

1 month later
#9640 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

It's interesting to go back and read PinChili's posts on this very thread. Suffice it to say that he was highly critical about the illegal nature of Kevin's project because of the unlicensed IP.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=PinChili

Interesting reading!

Quoted from PinChili:

It would certainly shock me if someone paid that. People paid $20-$25K for Matrix which was actually an awesome game and only a handful were made. I've played Predator. Not so great.
If it does get anywhere close to $30K I'm sure their "Duck Hunt" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" would immediately go up for sale too, lol.

#9653 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

Really? Nothing seems threatening to you?

Nah. Nothing threatening in your mind about comments like these I guess? From what he said of the FB messages and threats it is much more disgusting. But those messages can be traced back to right here from where the unwarranted anger and hate was allowed to grow.

Well there is a really easy way to avoid this kind of stuff.... DONT STEAL FROM PEOPLE!

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I'll just say it... It's the same guy.
I think everyone can see that.

Einhorn=Finkle? - Pinchili=Pin rebel?... That's it!

1 month later
#10054 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

No, there aren't 10,050 posts. If there were 10,050, my 10,000th post would not be the last post on the previous page. Each page has 100 posts. Also, not hiding any posts by ignored users.

image.jpg

image.png

#10060 3 years ago

Maybe Kevin could call this guy for some legal advice...

1 week later
#10079 3 years ago

While everyone waits for at least some of their money back it would be fitting if JPOP & Kevin shared a jail cell.

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! Was just a crazy program I found.

starry_night_ted_F.jpg

I like this one better Ted

image.jpeg

1 month later
#10147 3 years ago

Pretty nuts that your average bank robber doesn't get away with 1/20th the amount of cash that K-Douche made off with and yet there is no crime here??... I don't get it!

1 month later
#10196 3 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

It really makes one wonder what constitutes a crime in USA these days.

At this point it seems the only way JPOP & Kevin risk any legal consequences is if they fail to pay taxes on all the money they ripped off from their "customers"

2 weeks later
#10227 3 years ago

What ever happened to Pinchilli and the proto Predator that he slithered off with?

4 months later
#11224 2 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Kevin was traveling around with a working machine. It all seemed legit. Fox had no idea. If that mob didn't bang on foxes door, everyone would have their pin. Not the right way, but they'd have something for their money. Those guys suck too. They got their refund then wanted to end it. They had to know those waiting for pins would get nothing.

So your going with the Scooby doo ending?

image_(resized).jpeg

6 months later
#13358 2 years ago

I am happy you guys may finally be getting some justice! I sure wish we had some action like this going over in JPOPville.

#13718 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So when's this shit going to go down with John Popadiuk?

X2 come on Zane!!

#13732 2 years ago

I have been having a hard time keeping up with all the posts in this thread, I'm spending most of my time defending myself against an Internet smear campaign that outrageously claims that I like playing pinball.

1 week later
#13929 2 years ago

I would pitch in to bring this guy to justice!

image (resized).png

3 months later
#15673 2 years ago

Ok so getting back on topic, the word rhymes with hammer...

IMG_8033 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#17004 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I am 10 minutes in, but there is some good stuff in this audio. Def worth a listen.
Mama Kulek is pathetic.

Quick recap:
"Your honor I'm a mom"

4 months later
#17653 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I have a question and forgive me if it's been asked or answered in this giant cluster of a tread.
Is there a way to show a loss on taxes for the $4750 I had in Predator? I have all the paypal receipts.
Or can I not do that with open litigation [even though I'll never see a penny back].
I'm aware you can only show $3K a year but just curious.

This is a quote from a pinhead on RGP that I saw a few years ago on this topic, I talked to an accountant who said its legit but please due your own DD.

"Guys/Gals:

People have asked me "what are you doing about *******?" Are you joining the lawsuit? When you enter into a money and time consuming lawsuit, you should only do so if you have a meaningful chance of recovery. So, in trying to think of the best outcome for everyone who got caught up in this shitstorm, I would suggest you consider taking your loss as "casualty or theft loss" on your 2015 federal tax return.

It turns out that the IRS allows you to deduct losses for "casualty or theft" as an "ordinary loss" which means it is a loss that offsets ordinary income. The other type of loss is a "capital loss" which offsets capital income or income from stocks and securities. An ordinary theft loss is for when someone's home is broken into and money or other items are stolen or for when they are defrauded in a Ponzi scheme.

Under section 165(a) of the IRS tax code, the IRS allows for deductions for "losses sustained during the taxable year and not covered by insurance or otherwise....and allows a deduction for certain losses not connected to a transaction entered into for profit, including theft losses".

The good news is that these "ordinary losses" are "front page" deductions that are direct offsets to net income. In fact, after the Bernie Madoff scheme was discovered the IRS created a so-called "safe harbor" where if certain criteria are met, your theft loss deduction is not subject to an audit. If you use this "safe harbor" you cannot sue Popadick to recover your funds and you agree that this is your only remedy. I would suggest a discussion with your tax advisor and to do some back of the envelope calculations and you may discover that this is your best outcome. You will not be able to recover all of your loss, but you should be able to recover some of it using this approach.

After Bernie Madoff "made off" with everyone's money, the first question the IRS answered for those investors was that they could take an ordinary loss deduction and the deduction isn't subject to the 2% of adjusted gross income (AGI) limit on miscellaneous itemized deductions, the income-based limitation on itemized deductions, or the 10% of AGI limitation on the deduction for casualty losses.

You have to take the deduction in the year that the theft was discovered and if you have insufficient "ordinary income" to cover the amount of the loss, then your "casualty or theft" loss can be carried back 3 years against other returns whereas net operating losses are typically limited to just two years.

The IRS published these rules under Rev Proc 2009- 20, 2009-14 IRB 735. To qualify for relief under Rev Proc 2009- 20, 2009-14 IRB 735, you must file Form 4684. Even if you tax advisor does not think that your loss qualifies under this rule, it likely does qualify under other "casualty or theft" loss rules. State tax laws are different and you may or may not be able to take a deduction under your state's income tax laws."

Good luck.

1 year later
#18261 74 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses?

https://practicaltaxes.com/can-you-write-off-money-you-lost-in-a-scam/

#18267 74 days ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It was a borderline call a few years ago, but you can't do it at all for 2018 and beyond. Theft losses are no longer deductible.

Bummer! I didn't realize they changed the rules on this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside