Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12669 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I personally would hope all of that is fair game for the courts. It's not fair to the people who suffered and lost money for someone to jump in and be able to get a game out of it, even if they do assemble it themselves. The parts came from somewhere, the development time was paid for by pre-orders.
Personally, my conscience wouldn't allow me to have any Predator parts or games. I couldn't do that to people I call friends. Some people may not care about that as much and only seek to be selfish and have a game.
It would be different if the predator buyers recovered a game and then all decided to donate it to a pinball museum or something. But it has to be a choice by the people that were hurt.

Agreed 100%. You've got a group of people who are owed a pound of flesh for all of this, and they haven't been made whole yet. Someone coming in and trying to procure a prototype because it's exclusive after all of that is weak sauce.

#12851 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Actually, tipping off a reporter and having him follow the breadcrumbs was the best way to go.
If people would have gone on Pinside early 2014 yelling "Kevin's a fraud!" they would have run up against "The SkitB Defense Force".

10 thumbs up for Ben.

#12906 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yikes, the next time I get the inside scoop that a bunch of pinheads are getting scammed the threat of legal action from those scammed when you tell anybody will totally make me come forward!
Talk about a lose lose situation...

No kidding. Ben Heck's comments a couple pages back still ring the most true.

#12978 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Whoa! More big things are happening people... I won't go into detail, but I did uncover some pretty damning info last week and was just asked to share it with the legal team. Fingers crossed for all of you.

newshit (resized).jpgnewshit (resized).jpg

Whoa, did Kevin kidnap himself?

1 week later
#13025 7 years ago

I love how the judge derisively pronounces "Skit-B Pinball"

#13037 7 years ago

"Do you have a passport"
"I don't believe so"

#13045 7 years ago

Any bets on whether or not he shows up next Friday?

#13055 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I seriously doubt he could gather all of the info nor does he have most of it .... His life is a train wreck.

Seriously. Who expects that the self-described "punk rock" pinball maker kept records of any kind? Email and printouts from the bank don't cut it

#13237 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is completely plausible that Kevin ran the entire skit-b business with no accounting, record keeping, receipts, or anything. He probably honestly has no idea what money was taken in our out.
I don't think he'll have anything to hand over next week, because it does not exist. Would have to hear the audio of that one.

Agreed. I essentially suggested the same but didn't get 9 upvotes for it

#13238 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

And he already told the judge that all of the documents that were requested were turned over to his lawyer.
I think the judge is letting him keep his shovel for a while so that he can dig a deeper hole for himself.

Yep. I feel like the judge was skipping a lot of what Kevin said at the time to give Kevin more rope to hang himself later.

#13244 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How so?
JPop has not declared bankruptcy.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how "American Pinball" works out and if the lawsuits will get settled.

#13255 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

For some reason the judge reminded me of the judge from the movie my cousin Vinny lol.

Same. I was picking that up too. Especially how he pronounced "Skit-B pinball" as if that name sounded as ridiculous to him as "Two Utes"

#13602 7 years ago

Ok, so in a case kind of light on facts so far (established facts) at 1:05:00 or so we get that the amount of money Kevin said he owed was approximately $500,000. So he's tied to at least that number, now.

Was hoping for a little more meat in the case, but it's always good to hear the guy squirm.

Sounds like Kevin never did have any bookkeeping, though... but no canceled checks? They should at least be able to get those.
What about deposits? I'll bet there's a way to track those through the clearing house for each check that was deposited into his account.

Kevin's going to be busy on a spreadsheet for the next while. Feb 17th is a long time to wait for more popcorn

#13644 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I have been loosely following this case and I am wonder has Kevin ever been asked and has he ever admitted to taking in a certain amount of money? Has he ever agreed to a number that he took in? (In court on file)

I mentioned this above. At around an hour and five minutes, he admits to a sum of around $500K

#13648 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

he also gives the appearance that at some point he has heard enough of the bs and will be as unforgivable in imposing a harsh sentence. No records, no receipts, no past knowledge of hard fact transactions is not going to go over with this judge in the end.

As I understand this is just a bankruptcy court; there's no real possibility of "hard time" coming directly from these proceedings alone. What's funny is that Kevin started the bankruptcy process himself.

#13652 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yeah but at some point he has to rule in the favor of the trustees that he hasn't proven he has no assets, which I would imagine would result in a noncompliance and a sentence would have to be offered.
Edit: What do I know. Just an observer of these justice proceedings.

The attorney on the phone did mention that they were looking into the possibility of criminal proceedings, but that would be in a different court (one assumes).

#13721 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If you guys get some money back, then the IRS decides that part of it should have gone to them, you don't think they will come after you for it?

Since the funds were ill gotten for a non-existent product that never should have been sold, no. The money is the property of the pre-order customers.

#13726 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

DIY headline maker, have fun!

heck (resized).jpgheck (resized).jpg

#13727 7 years ago

kulek (resized).jpgkulek (resized).jpg

#13754 7 years ago

With Kevin having admitted to taking in at least $500K (@ around 1:05:00 in the recording) it would seem foolish in a bankruptcy case that he started himself not to be able to show where that $500K went. Then again, there's no evidence that he can make good decisions anyway.

#13850 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Would that be like Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner in a room together?
Maybe in a room at the Hotel California??

Don't know, but if you made a pin out of that and set it next to this one, they might fight.

tbl (resized).pngtbl (resized).png

#13907 7 years ago

DAMN... Gina. You went there, Vid

#13932 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

When is the next deadline?

The judge mentioned something about giving them 3 weeks to annotate all of the entries in the Excel sheet (match receipts/names/check numbers/etc to the lines in the bank statements).

#14060 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

da fuck happened to this thread...

Words. Words happened.

#14092 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If I call, will you read me the time and temperature in a sexy voice?

I'll bet he ends the call in a Leslie Neilson voice:

"This has been John P. Dayhuff, Battle Creek, Michigan."

1 week later
#14241 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

More than just my IQ points went up.

I'll bet you shot something full of clear while there

#14243 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Don't get these nerds started vid, they may never come back from Latin America...

I've heard things about the women there...

#14248 7 years ago

Nothing to see...move along.

Sure. Assume I'm one of those "nerds"

#14250 7 years ago

Sorry, I have been through Utah.

I'm not a Mormon, if that's what you're insinuating. (Taken to PM.)

#14280 7 years ago

One thing struck me that the judge said... essentially was Kevin's lack of motivation in the matter since the denial of discharge came through. I mean, since Kevin himself started these proceedings, it would seem wildly unusual to say the least if he were jailed for non-compliance with the trustee's requests.

I mean--if you're not going to get your debts discharged and you started the court proceeding, why would you care about complying at that point? They're just going to add fines that he can't pay anyway.

Maybe Keith can unearth some criminal activity and then a new set of proceedings can start (criminal).

#14286 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IRS needs to perform an audit.
I don't think they'll be as understanding as the judge in the "dog ate my homework" excuse.

If it was ill gotten gains, the IRS would have a secondary claim to the people who sent money. Kulek can't claim the money as income as he didn't fulfill customer orders.

2 weeks later
#14402 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Is it too late to get in on a Predator pre-order? I love the theme! Will someone sell me their spot?

I'm wondering if it's too late for me to make the same joke

#14435 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

He should stock up on packs of smokes for his new cell mate. I hear Bubba likes to cuddle.

I've never actually heard that about Bubba; but then again, Bubba don't get out much.

#14457 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A default judgement has been entered in the associated case against Paul Maletich/Virtuapin.

#14627 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Though it always reminds me of this shitty Predatorgate where I've lost a lot of money I've decided to make lemonade out of lemons. The old Back alley Side Toppers look good on my RZ; hope you like it ).

Nice accouterments!

#14661 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Isn't today's meeting at Keith's "super scary office" not the court?

Well, if he shows he'd better be wearing green or Keith might pinch him

#14711 6 years ago

I wonder if there was a agreement made on disclosure to the public now?

The last meeting wasn't in a public courtroom apparently; it was in Keith's office.

#14715 6 years ago

As I understand it, the reason why there were recordings at all previously was that the court recorder made them. Not sure if Keith or someone else would record the proceedings at his own office. That's not been made clear.

1 week later
#14831 6 years ago

It's probably the same Keith, and one would assume he's allowed to sell his nice pinball machine

#14895 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm still waiting for my VirtuaPins cabinet...

Quoted from Dayhuff:

I almost sent them money over the last year for a CC cabinet I wanted them to make...came very close to pulling the trigger more then once. Glad I didn't now as I'd be out of that money too it looks like. Is there anyone else around me that can make the cabinet?
John

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this... but since other people are chiming in...

About a month ago I called up Paul. I'd been wanting to get a replacement cabinet for my Monster Bash, and they had a reasonable price on one. When I was ready to pull the trigger, I realized they'd raised their prices by about $300-400 since the previous time I'd looked(!) for a fully built Monster Bash cab. Previously a cab (full decals) was under $900 but now the total was closer to $1350. This was a matter of about two weeks earlier. I called their number to see what was up. Got the answering machine.

Paul called me back and launched into a very defensive tirade about how difficult it is to make the cabinets, and basically covered all the bases as to why they'd raised their prices for new WPC replacement cabs by $300. I told him "you defended your position well" and we ended the call.

Kinda ticked me off the way I was treated, as I was a potential customer with a question and the defensive (and agitated) tone on the phone didn't really make me want to do business with him.

But once this news broke about their involvement in the Kulek case, it began to make sense. The price increase is likely to offset legal fees or possibly the loss of equipment.

Hope they can sort this out, but this wasn't any of their customer's doing. It was their own doing.

2 weeks later
#15171 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And yes, AP helped him out of the "fraud" hole big time. They are both con artists, one may be smarter than the other though, just smart enough I suspect.

Explain. I don't agree that AP are con artists.

Maybe the way that was written just reads that way to me. I think you meant both Kevin and John, not AP.

2 weeks later
#15578 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You have to hope that at some point the kids are taken from these imbeciles.
It may be the only shot they have in the long run.

If they're all biological children (with Kulek genes) there may be no point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=chadderack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.