Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Have any of the smaller "boutique" (am I using the correct term here?) shops like Skit-B talked about open sourcing the code for their machines?

America's Most Haunted is open source, as well.

1 week later
#235 4 years ago

Forget about getting ahold of them now. What if games are actually delivered and people need tech support? There's virtually a 0% chance the first machines from a small startup will be trouble free. Are people going to sit with their broken machine for months between each email? I guess they can ask the forum embassadors to escalate their trouble ticket.

1 week later
#479 4 years ago

PREDATORS?

11166304_800.jpg
2 months later
#1097 4 years ago

Some have insisted that it didn't make sense for SkitB to promote Predator anymore, since it was sold out. THIS is why it would have made sense. They need new buyers lined up to replace those that drop out, so they can get their refund. I can't see too many people being ready to fork over the cash now.

2 weeks later
#2284 4 years ago

Curves and red.

#2581 4 years ago

You can't really say at this point that Kevin was simply confused about the license. It was brought up here numerous times about the complexities of using all of the IP from the movie (music, actors likenesses, etc). This was all dismissed by SkitB. Clearly, Kevin moved forward knowing he had taken extreme liberties with the license, hence the 'scrubbing' of the name and images from the internet. He also continued to be dishonest about it when asked. This is probably why Aaron decided to part ways after investing so much in the 'company'.

As far as manufacturing, I'm not sure how they came up with the initial 40/month estimate. It sounds like now they are conceding that they can't even make the machines. I'm not sure what existing manufacturer would step in on this. Not only does the $4750 price tag undercut what other manufacturers are able to charge for their OWN games, but they are all busy as shit! JJP still hasn't started running their second machine. Spooky still has over a year of building AMH lined up, followed by a planned second game.

Until now, I thought there was a slight chance things were on the up and up. Now, I think the dishonesty that started as a small pebble is now the avalanche that will bury this project.

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

At that point, Aaron seemed fully engaged. When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

As I remember it, Aaron left around November/December 2013 and no reason was ever given.

#4859 4 years ago

I'm not sure how it matters who the anonymous group members are. They aren't guilty of anything. Attempting to crucify their character on Pinside won't accomplish anything at all. Really, even their motives don't matter.

The only thing that matters is that this whole project was a lie from the very beginning. Some of the comments suggesting it was only going to hurt a big corporation in a small way are short sighted. Kevin blatantly deceived the pre-buyers and allowed them to take the financial risk for his illegal gamble. He seemed to have no problem with that. It's not like the license was the only lie either, as it seems like everything from the simple existence of any actual company to the facilities and resources being pumped into production was a fabrication as well.

Sorry, the whole ordeal is just horribly unfair to everyone in the pinball hobby and especially to those directly involved. This was a big $ item that was pre-paid on faith that it would be built. This project should not be pushed forward any further or in any way and Kevin should never work, profit, benefit (or even really participate) in pinball ever again.

#5008 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

how funny would it be if it was an inside job in the industry.

fc140x140silver.jpg

Seriously though, we know that both Highway and Stern have licensing history with Fox. Why should they have to pay those silly fees if SkitB doesn't have to.

#5957 4 years ago

All these photoshop jobs in this thread inspired me.

dr_skitb.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

3 weeks later
#7812 4 years ago

Watching Jared's interview again reminded me that I am the guy who wrote the big, critical review of the game from the Louisville show. He mentions how things were great at that show and he didn't understand the negative feedback. I know some people thought I was being too critical, but I can assure you, I was being very nice. The game was a mess and had a lot more problems than 'a fuse blew at one point'. You can't believe what the guy says at all. As Arnie would say: "Come on now... don't bullsh*t me."

1 month later
#9123 4 years ago

Sucks to hear those refunds didn't go through. If the money is actually held by Paypal, what exactly are they waiting for to happen? Is there going to be some grand revelation about where the money should go? Something going on behind the scenes? I don't get it.

3 months later
#9814 3 years ago

Believe it or not, I got some nice speakers off of the 'guys in the white van' in a parking lot in the late 90's. I talked them down so cheap that I figured it was worth it for the towers I could see in the box, even if the speakers ended up being MIA. Turned out they were just an unknown brand, but sounded/looked great and I still use them for my entertainment center today. You just never know.

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

It's called the "white van speaker scam".

Seriously, I got a set of 4ft tower speakers for next to nothing. It's just speakers, not complex electronics. They sound fine and have lasted nearly 20 years. The cabinets look great and worst case would be needing to upgrade the speakers in the cabs. I read some of the comments on the youtubes and others seemed to say the same thing.

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

The scam part comes when they start trying to convince people that it's high end gear and charge high end prices. I never ran into a scam one - the one time I saw one, the convo went like this:

Agreed. They tried showing me some brochures where the speakers were $1200. I didn't buy into that and bought them with the mindset that I was just buying empty cabinets. There's no doubt their tactics are very misleading, so you need to know (or assume) what you're dealing with going in.

#9933 3 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Was the brand DaVinci?

Even better... OMNI. This would have been around '97.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
$ 28.00
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 47.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside